"Airforce" Kiel could've been better for her!

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Lokheit.7943

Lokheit.7943

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/1jrhkl/alternate_universe_evon_gnashblade_wins_mail_and/

According to the audio files in case Evon won, Kiel would’ve joined Lion’s Arc Air Force.

Now that would’ve been a much better development for her than sitting behind a desk seconding everything boss Magnus tells her.

There was a lot more story potential for that case, Evon doing something big in the council (Kiel is unlike to do anything noticeable at all as she’s there to give Magnus a second vote and she doesn’t have money to fund progress and ideas) and Kiel commanding the air force with potential for some awesoma battles and finally some character development for her to have a personality of her own instead of being Robin to Magnus Batman.

Really guys, everything would’ve been GREAT for both, Evon and Kiel if you would’ve voted Gnashblade!!

(not to mention the super mary sue-ish “I won in so many other ways!” quote that Kiel says if she loses… please! why can’t we have a guy with some personality of his own like Evon winning??)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Brutalistik.6473

Brutalistik.6473

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/1jrhkl/alternate_universe_evon_gnashblade_wins_mail_and/

According to the audio files in case Evon won, Kiel would’ve joined Lion’s Arc Air Force.

Now that would’ve been a much better development for her than sitting behind a desk seconding everything boss Magnus tells her.

There was a lot more story potential for that case, Evon doing something big in the council (Kiel is unlike to do anything noticeable at all as she’s there to give Magnus a second vote and she doesn’t have money to fund progress and ideas) and Kiel commanding the air force with potential for some awesoma battles and finally some character development for her to have a personality of her own instead of being Robin to Magnus Batman.

Really guys, everything would’ve been GREAT for both, Evon and Kiel if you would’ve voted Gnashblade!!

(not to mention the super mary sue-ish “I won in so many other ways!” quote that Kiel says if she loses… please! why can’t we have a guy with some personality of his own like Evon winning??)

Why bother telling them when they don’t know good character development. All they saw was a strong woman role play character going against a shady charr. Of course since Kiel been in the recent spotlight of the living stories they would vote for her in a heartbeat. Kiel is okay, but her character never really appealed to me because I felt I wouldn’t get more action or comedic out of her than Gnash. Kiel is like one of those boring heroes like Mr. Fantastic or Super Girl.

Pineapples

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Saelune.5316

Saelune.5316

This was part of my logic for voting for Evon. Kiel is a soldier, not a politician. Evon would happily be a council member, he ISNT a soldier. Kiel is gonna be quite bored sitting at her desk while her former comrades get to fight. Its my only solace in having my candidate lose…

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

This was part of my logic for voting for Evon. Kiel is a soldier, not a politician. Evon would happily be a council member, he ISNT a soldier. Kiel is gonna be quite bored sitting at her desk while her former comrades get to fight. Its my only solace in having my candidate lose…

An industrialist does not a good politician make, either.

Anyway, if Kiel’s so bored on the council, there is always the possibility that she drops off later.

And do you think that Evon Gnashblade will suck up his defeat and go back to his daily business, or possibly plan the next, bigger coup to get a slice of power-cake?

Either way, we will get more story chapters, and either vote outcome erally could have gone either way.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Edge.4180

Edge.4180

Actually, I feel like we really dodged a virtual bullet after listening to that audio clip.

Not only would we have scheming and underhanded Gnashblade (who, frankly, acts like a jerk until the very end) holding a political office, but Kiel sounds downright scorned – which is actually understandable, because the whole time she’s talking to the player about the election you can tell she’s making the assumption (after going through so much together) that the player has her back. I can understand why she’d feel betrayed.

Thankfully, things turned out differently. She got the support she expected and Gnashblade didn’t get put into office. That’s a better direction for me. I would rather the story focus turn to more important issues pressing Tyria, not ones created by player voting. I just prefer dragons over scheming politicians and scored Lionguard officers.

(edited by Edge.4180)