Candidate Trials T4

Candidate Trials T4

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Knight.6914

Knight.6914

I managed to solo T3 with my Guardian, but T4 is extremely difficult. There’s no way I can catch the plunderer on the right in time, we have no scorpion wire or anything. We do have lightblade pull but you have to be near and end up aggroing everything. I’ll try a few times more but I doubt I’ll manage to do it.

I’m spending amounts of gold in changing the gear, it isn’t nice ;/.

However I found Jeromai advices quite useful and managed to solo T3 with them. Thank you.

Candidate Trials T4

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Johnson.3874

Johnson.3874

Just finished the T4 achievement with Kiel, and now that I was able to do it, let me tell you what I think of it : It’s a huge pile of fecal matter.

All I had to do to succeed, was to pick up my thief, stuff it with full berzerker, and here we go, achievement done. This is the worst game design I ever saw, even though it’s not a surprise that Anet are capable of coming up with such a broken imbalanced mini-game. There’s no challenge in it. There’s no fun in it. And this was absolutely not a “creative way” to come up with a solution. Just buying/crafting stuff to solve a problem is a sign that your game mechanics are completely sideways.

So, take that feedback and make what you want of it, but let me tell you that succeeding in getting this achievement did not give me any sense of accomplishment.

Candidate Trials T4

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Bezayne.6459

Bezayne.6459

Just managed to finally do T4 Gnash (did T4 Kiel before the patch….). We did it with ateam of three, 2 zerker warrios, 1 zerker thief. Following the solo-way, it helped to have one ranged pull (scorpion wire), ranged perma interrupt (pistol 4) and two people with ranged knockdown.

Even tho it feels great to have finally done this, what I find utterly dissapointing is that this rewards certain classes and specs so highly above others, and that after a lot of people got the achievement the easy way it was “fixed”, making it impossible for the majority to do anymore. If it wasn’t time limited content, fixing is all good and fine. In this special case it was very poorly thought out.

TL:DR – please more challenging content like this, but NOT time limited!!

Candidate Trials T4

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: aelflune.8590

aelflune.8590

T4 isn’t broken. It’s hard. If you can’t do it, then you’re one of the people who wasn’t meant to complete it.

I’m glad Anet made content that wasn’t supposed to be done by everyone. It shows that they care about all gamer types, not just the vocal minority who wants easy mode.

Props to you that you can finish it. You’re leet or hax and all that. But it’s not about “entitlement”, or at least not in the lame and trite way that you and everyone who tosses the word around mean.

I have completed hard content in this game. While I’m not a FoTM 20+ runner (furthest I’ve been is 18 – can go further, but I can’t be bothered anymore), I’ve done Molten Facility and Aetherblade Retreat multiple times and not found them particularly difficult. I can also hold my own in PvP game modes. I’m just not good at this particular content for whatever reason; maybe I’m not using the right build and equipment and can’t really switch my play style at the drop of a hat for a temporary content worth 10 APs total. And I simply do not have hours upon hours to try again and again. I’ve tried it about 20 times and simply won’t do it again unless someone tells me something new about how to complete it.

What really gets me is not that I can’t finish this content; it’s that a large number of people did this content when it was easy and now Anet has ‘fixed’ it with no recompense for those that did not do it before the ‘fix’. This has happened again and again with the temporary content and each time all we get is an apology. I don’t think anyone cares anymore about Anet’s apologies. They are meaningless – words are cheap. We’re simply frustrated with their attitude and their handling of things like this, is all.

Candidate Trials T4

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: liefbread.9513

liefbread.9513

Same message here as Evon support thread: If someone can help me complete Evon T4 on Piken Square I’ll turn my roughly 300 tokens in for Evon (and even promise to get a support bundle). Otherwise they go to Kiel. Look up Taun Whitemane.

Edit: Also if I get a single thief/warrior running this for me I’m paying 5 gold for this but only on a succesful run

I’ll run you through if you promise those to Kiel

Candidate Trials T4

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: charter.4095

charter.4095

If anyone (NA) wants to try and duo it with me (zerk guardian), /w me. I can get the left and middle guys easy, but draw a ton of agro whenever I kill the right guys.

edit – Thanks Floe! Managed to complete both t4.

(edited by charter.4095)

Candidate Trials T4

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Timze.7980

Timze.7980

If anyone wants to try and duo it with me (zerk guardian), /w me. I can get the left and middle guys easy, but draw a ton of agro whenever I kill the right guys.

Same here. (I’m zerk thief thought) (EU)
Would also need someone to kill the right ones.

If you are reading this, you are only waisting your time!
Still reading this? You know there is something better to be done for sure. -.-’’

(edited by Timze.7980)

Candidate Trials T4

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

SD engineer basically oneshots the runners. you dont want to hear that i guess, but its actually easy :P

to be exact, you only need your beloved zerker gear and this lovely build: http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/84143-build-lets-rock/

edit: fogot to say that i love the trials. there cant be enough content that cant be beaten by everyone. i dont care about how or with how much effort. another great thing delivered, anet!

Thank you soooooo much for sharing this. I was able to do T3/4 of Evon with it (after about 20-30, if not more, tries on t4). Now just need T4 Kiel, which hopefully I’ll be able to do, as long as I get a good spawn like I did with t3 Evon.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Candidate Trials T4

in Cutthroat Politics

Knight.6914

I was able to “fail” at 40 seconds left with my guardian… Extremely difficult giving I kept constantly taking aggro from mobs when fighting right plunderers. If I had made more damage maybe I would have been able to do it… So I think I’ll go ahead with my gold sink and invest in two accesories and an ascended berserker amulet… A big wealth sink but probably will be useful in other instances, like WvW or other future events.

Also tried with Timze and we failed twice under 1 minute too, but I believe it can be done…

Candidate Trials T4

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Veplerion.3921

Veplerion.3921

^What BlackIsleDragon says above pretty much sums up my solo strategy as well.

And here is a vid of me doing this on my Zerker Mesmer (no treasure taken xD):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1zwNg5Ob9w

I really don’t understand how you did this. Every single time I aggro even one mob like you do, the ENTIRE group comes after me and won’t leash until I’m much further away than you had to run. Then they just hang out around the spawns and don’t go back to the treasure like they do for you, so every time I try to kill plunderers after that they aggro again.

Is it just luck? Do I have to do this a hundred times until I get that lucky spawn or something?

Candidate Trials T4

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: pswendel.8179

pswendel.8179

Guardian and thief duo were able to perfect this on evon and with some effort get it on kiel. Scorpion wire, pistol 4, scepter on guardian.

Pretty minimal effort – just let the plunderers return if you miss them and don’t go chasing waterfalls.

(edited by pswendel.8179)

Candidate Trials T4

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: charter.4095

charter.4095

Guardian and thief duo were able to perfect this on evon and with some effort get it on kiel. Scorpion wire, pistol 4, scepter on guardian.

Pretty minimal effort – just let the plunderers return if you miss them and don’t go chasing waterfalls.

Yes. I went full zerk on guard, 30/30/0/0/10. Scepter 3 and Signet of Wrath provide decent immobilize to help with the 3 seconds you need to dps the plunderers down before they run too far. Bane signet helps in a pinch too.

I think the biggest part is still luck. Sometimes most of the mobs chill by the treasure, only aggro you when you attack a plunderer, but soon as you kill him and run away, they drop aggro and go back to the treasure. Other times they chase you off the island no matter where you run.

Candidate Trials T4

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Estevan.4065

Estevan.4065

Ok guys, after trying the normal way too much times i decided to make something different.

Very easy this way, no need to kill anything but one plunderer, and spend some money, but no worries, you can see in the description i give some advices, cant do solo, more people more easy, need at least 2 players.

Candidate Trials T4

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: ATC Alpha.4098

ATC Alpha.4098

Solo’d T4 with knights geared ele using scepter/focus. Snare and burst then lose aggro to make the mobs run away to the treasure piles. Don’t chase plunderers, you can finish them off on their way back.

Candidate Trials T4

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Broadicea.8294

Broadicea.8294

I just soloed Evon’s T4 again with a thief. It’s still pretty easy, though I did mess up two pulls and then got down to the wire with only 500 treasure left as the seconds ticked down. The key is to drop aggro on any regular guys that spawn as soon as possible with stealth. You don’t want to cross the beach ahead of where the rock on the right is, that’s basically a death sentence due to aggro.

And of course as much DPS as you can bring, outlaw potions and crit damage consumables are you friends here.

Retired. Too many casuals.

(edited by Broadicea.8294)

Candidate Trials T4

in Cutthroat Politics

Knight.6914

I was with a thief, and we failed but only for a few seconds (around 30-40s) so yes. I guess we needed more coordination but he got discouraged. :p

Estevan’s post was incredible, never thought it would be so easy this way. I have to test it myself!

Candidate Trials T4

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Jeqevan.5729

Jeqevan.5729

Would anyone be willing to help me with this? I’m finding it impossible solo.

Candidate Trials T4

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: liefbread.9513

liefbread.9513

Another 15-20 people run today and still no aetherized weapons, I’m 99% convinced that these are broken, this can’t be DR because none of the individuals running it have seen one either (so no DR issues there) and I’ve run it >400 times now and nothing.

Candidate Trials T4

in Cutthroat Politics

Knight.6914

Would anyone be willing to help me with this? I’m finding it impossible solo.

I’d duo/solo/whatever with anyone. I just want the achievements in time, and I’ve spent quite a lot of money on gear already to not to be able.

Anyone wants to try with “fear way”? Contact me in game! Send me a mail.

(edited by Knight.6914)

Candidate Trials T4

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: brian.4160

brian.4160

Will pay for both achievements pm me

Candidate Trials T4

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: cajungeek.2016

cajungeek.2016

Looking for someone to help me with Tier 4 on Kiel and Evon.

Candidate Trials T4

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Snowblind.4371

Snowblind.4371

I’ve run more than 30 people through this event, I have run this event a total of more than 300 times. I have seen two aetherized skins drop, both in the first 100. Since then I’ve seen a WHOLE LOT of white weapons drop, warhorns, pistols, torches, axes, rifles, some blues, some greens rarely enough, LOTS of aetherized scraps.

BUT NOT A SINGLE other weapon. Can I get some Anet confirmation that these skins do still drop after that patch? Are all these white items I’m getting supposed to be skins and I’m just getting shafted by a bugged patch??

First of all, even though you didn’t run me through, thanks for doing this service for so many people.

Second, I agree that something MAY be wrong. But there’s no way to know. It’s like Final Rest. It looks right on paper but after actual investigation, ain’t possible. The problem with temp content like this is that we will never know. It’s gone soon, so no need to investigate. Like when I’m climbing the Labyrinth and see the instigator quest stuck on 4/5. No problem, we don’t need to fix it, the temp content is gone soon. washes hands

Candidate Trials T4

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Northlander.4619

Northlander.4619

I used to be a GW2 fanboy but both Bazaar and Cutthroat politics have changed that. Mostly because I believe they are signs of what is yet to come. GW2 used to be a game where builds and gear didn’t matter that much in PvE and where everyone was welcome in teams. Most of the content was also polished, well made and well tested. Living story updates changed this.

Now they are introducing content where you are forced to specific set of gear and where you are forced to turn down party members if they don’t fit into few specific roles. It’s even worse that to actually succeed in this content you need to use gimmicks (Trials) or hope the dice favors you (Adnul). The worst part is the fact that it’s temporary. If you fail to do it you will never again have a chance to get that achievement – and for an achiever like me it’s bad.

Actually the worst part is that it feels like developers are out there to punish players. “Oh so you guys can actually complete this? Better quickly add more spawns so only those who already have the achievement can enjoy it”.

All this is robbing the fun out of the game and I personally play games for their entertainment value. In fact I already made a promise that if I wouldn’t succeed in Evon T4 I would quit the game since no one would help me do it even after offering gold for it. Something I would be very sad to do considering I enjoy most of the GW2 but it’s the principle that matters. Thanks to my guild mate I succeeded so I don’t need to quit yet. These new “fixed” trials are still the worst content I’ve ever experienced in GW2.

I have mentioned before that I’d like to see more challenging content. This is not the type of challenge I want. What I mean is that I don’t want to see boring content like Shatterer, jungle wurm, mark II golem etc fights where you really have to make effort to get even downed. Compare this to for example Dwayna or Grenth which can be both challenging but they are permanent content and both are doable.

Similarly I enjoyed molten facility a lot. Unfortunately I really didn’t have time to experience the Aetherblade retreat more than once and then we didn’t manage to complete it – but it was still a fun run. Again this was not. This is as far from fun as it can be.

Candidate Trials T4

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Day Trooper.3605

Day Trooper.3605

^What BlackIsleDragon says above pretty much sums up my solo strategy as well.

And here is a vid of me doing this on my Zerker Mesmer (no treasure taken xD):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1zwNg5Ob9w

I really don’t understand how you did this. Every single time I aggro even one mob like you do, the ENTIRE group comes after me and won’t leash until I’m much further away than you had to run. Then they just hang out around the spawns and don’t go back to the treasure like they do for you, so every time I try to kill plunderers after that they aggro again.

Is it just luck? Do I have to do this a hundred times until I get that lucky spawn or something?

It’s hard to say what your problem is without seeing a vid. I will say that the first time I completed this I only had 500 treasure left, but I’ve kept working on different builds and found it’s gotten easier through repetition/practice.

Basically DPS is your friend as the faster you take the plunderers out – the faster you’ll have a chance to not aggro the vets.

Candidate Trials T4

in Cutthroat Politics

Knight.6914

Since there’s only 1 day left and many people to do it, we better start mailing each other for completion. If you can’t solo it because of watching all three spots, try duo. I did and “almost” finished it with a thief, but we failed at 00.40. Still looking for another thief/necro to try again :p.

Or you can always try the way that Estevan suggested, a full party can do it it seems.

Mail me or anyone here with game mail. Let’s get those achievements before this event ends!

Candidate Trials T4

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Zoia.3678

Zoia.3678

I finally managed to solo t4 today, but it didn’t really feel like i achieved anything. I was just relieved i didn’t have to try one more time. Definitely not something i want to do again for fun.
These trials are all about getting full zerker gear and hang out in the back, avoiding any fights. It feels like i’m exploiting a poorly made event.

Hope i wont have to buy another new set of gear for the next event they come up with. Sucks enough that i had to buy zerker gear for a char i never use…

Candidate Trials T4

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Wolf.8432

Wolf.8432

For the people who say, there is only 1 day left, isnt this event active for another 2 weeks like the last one?

ow and can anyone please help me with T4 Evon and Kiel? those are the only achievements I need and I really want those

Candidate Trials T4

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

For the people who say, there is only 1 day left, isnt this event active for another 2 weeks like the last one?

ow and can anyone please help me with T4 Evon and Kiel? those are the only achievements I need and I really want those

No. Think of it as a single 1-month event, but they give is the content in two parts instead all at once.
They start at different points, but they end together.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Candidate Trials T4

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Moz.8264

Moz.8264

The thing that’s really annoying is when you move/cancel the blunder’s animation the animation starts where ever their standing even if their not near the electric water.

(edited by Moz.8264)

Candidate Trials T4

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

Just chiming in to say I solo’d it with my ranger after a few practice runs. Sigil of justice and powerful potion of outlaw slaying really helps. In particular, I used offhand training and sword/warhorn with offhand axe on secondary.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

Candidate Trials T4

in Cutthroat Politics

cajungeek.2016

Finally! I finally beat the Tier 4 with my warrior! Here is a video from my live stream with my best friend and nerd soul-mate:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4GQLcCX4EI

Candidate Trials T4

in Cutthroat Politics

Day Trooper.3605

@liefbread – I’ve also been farming the heck outta T4 (getting 2 & 3 bags) – and I can unfortunately confirm that I’ve yet to get a single weapon skin qq.

Has anyone gotten a weapon skin in the last 4-5 days?

Candidate Trials T4

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Lucky.9421

Lucky.9421

I think it needs to be a rule that Anet has to actually complete any content they release.

Candidate Trials T4

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Lucky.9421

Lucky.9421

Finally! I finally beat the Tier 4 with my warrior! Here is a video from my live stream with my best friend and nerd soul-mate:

Great job. You were so happy! xD

What was your gear/traits like?

Candidate Trials T4

in Cutthroat Politics

Knight.6914

I DID IT! I DID IT!

Finally made it with my guardian and with 2000 treasures left! It was extremely hard. But now I have Evon…

I’ll take some breath and try with Kiell.

Attachments:

Candidate Trials T4

in Cutthroat Politics

cajungeek.2016

Great job. You were so happy! xD

What was your gear/traits like?

For Gear I had Berserker weapon (axe/mace and rifle) and armor, with Knights accessory

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fIAQNAR3ZjcOJv9O2QMxBAzjhCqI1j5crtUhyA-TsAg0CnI4SxljLDXSuscNIYJymAA

This is the build I based my run off of.

This is the build I went with

Candidate Trials T4

in Cutthroat Politics

Knight.6914

I feel so PROUD of myself.

Done!

Huge gold investment here… At least it will be useful in WvW, but spent more than 20g in gear. Also I get a conclusion based in all this event: ALWAYS DO STUFF AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, before ANet starts bugging you…

Attachments:

(edited by Knight.6914)

Candidate Trials T4

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Nathan Gura.3750

Nathan Gura.3750

If anyone can help with T4 Kiel and Evon, PLEASE send me a message in game!!!!

Candidate Trials T4

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Teutos.8620

Teutos.8620

Just completed T4 with my girlfriend (me on burst-mantra-Mesmer, she on a Meditation Guardian), but i’m not happy about the circumstances.

We first had to get to some berserker gear, and then complete the achievement the lame “hide behinde the mortar”-way. For me this is just bugusing, and i’m very disappointed by arenanet, that they include a (temporary) content, limited only to certain specs.

Suggestion:

• Don’t make such a hard content temporary.
  • Don’t make content forcing you to bug use!
  • Don’t make content, where there is a way to use certain bugs, to make the content easier for you.
EU – Multiple times #1 SoloQ pre Dec 2014 (pure MMR based ladder)
Primoridal (S1) & Exalted (S2) & Illustrious (S3) Legend

Candidate Trials T4

in Cutthroat Politics

Day Trooper.3605

In case anyone is still trying to do this on a mesmer, here’s my latest build for the T4 trials:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnNz3ENKq44

Hope this helps!

Candidate Trials T4

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Mireles Lore.5942

Mireles Lore.5942

I got to say this is some of the worst untested and poorly planned content that has been put out.

First of all the achievements are not even aligned with the objective. Achievements are for completing the event, while the reward objective is to kill as many antherblades as possible. Both can seldom be done.

2nd. Two achievements for the exact same thing? I felt like the end of the Sky Pirates content was extremely lazy.

3rd. Why make something so difficult to complete only available for two weeks? After investing in the gear required to do this and only have had time to complete it for one candidate it is very frustrating as someone that used to take pride in completing everything.

The trials overall were high frustration and very low reward for your time. I feel confident you will not find a single player that will say they actually enjoyed the trials in full.

Please never do something like this again, people quit games when you put out content like this.

Director – Xunlai Heroic Service Agents [XHSA] | Yak’s Bend
http://xunlaiheroes.wix.com/xhsa