Exit Polls (updated 8/2)

Exit Polls (updated 8/2)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Blackwolfe.5649

Blackwolfe.5649

Sure, Kiel might seem like Trahearne 2.0 right now, but we have no idea how she will evolve. For all we know, anet might as well mess up Gnashblade and turn him into Trahearne 2.0 after the election is over.

Colin Johansen casts – Working As Intended
Colin Johansen hits you for 239407889 damage
Game over

Exit Polls (updated 8/2)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Asudementio.8526

Asudementio.8526

Kiel is gonna take our guns and our jerbs, #gnashblade2013

Leader of [Suh]
My moves are fresh, like my groceries.
#TeamEvonforever

Exit Polls (updated 8/2)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Vayra.3290

Vayra.3290

So… it looks like Magnus will have 2 votes in the council breaking the balance? Not cool.

I like Magnus but him having 2 votes (Kiel is his Robin, she will do EVERYTHING he commands and Kiel lacks a lot of personality) on the same individual on a council of equals breaks the power balance.

Just some reminders hoping to affect the final outcome:

- If you’re voting the pretty face, Evon’s first mate is human female and prettier than Kiel.

- If you’re voting for the human, take in consideration that you’re really voting for a Norn (Magnus) as Kiel winning only means 2 votes for Magnus. Aditionally Evon offers the most important battle for humanity in a fractal.

- If you’re voting for the waypoints, take in mind that it is a temporal thing, so you will save like… 30 silver maybe? No big deal compared with permanent content.

- If you’re voting to punish RNG, take in consideration that Evon is just the NPC, it’s an outside game lore decission (and if you’re blaming Evon for that, start blaming him for being able to trade quickly, finding what you want to buy or selling really fast anything you got). Aditionally current iteration of the RNG is akittens best as now you can buy the skins from players so you don’t need to take risks.

While Evon might offer (one of) the most important battle for humanity, Kiel offers insight into the single most important battle for ALL the races, namely the Elder Dragons. Thaumanova has been confirmed to relate to all six of the Elder Dragons, which are far more important than the human gods.

Also, keep in mind that Evon is either manufacturing goods for or dealing directly with the Molten Alliance (and thus Flame Legion), as well working with the Consortium. Neither of which have any good intentions for LA.

The Unnamed[ThUn] – Desolation
Vayra – Elementalist
Forkrul Assail – Mesmer

Exit Polls (updated 8/2)

in Cutthroat Politics

Asudementio.8526

So… it looks like Magnus will have 2 votes in the council breaking the balance? Not cool.

I like Magnus but him having 2 votes (Kiel is his Robin, she will do EVERYTHING he commands and Kiel lacks a lot of personality) on the same individual on a council of equals breaks the power balance.

- If you’re voting the pretty face, Evon’s first mate is human female and prettier than Kiel.

- If you’re voting for the human, take in consideration that you’re really voting for a Norn (Magnus) as Kiel winning only means 2 votes for Magnus. Aditionally Evon offers the most important battle for humanity in a fractal.

- If you’re voting for the waypoints, take in mind that it is a temporal thing, so you will save like… 30 silver maybe? No big deal compared with permanent content.

- If you’re voting to punish RNG, take in consideration that Evon is just the NPC, it’s an outside game lore decission (and if you’re blaming Evon for that, start blaming him for being able to trade quickly, finding what you want to buy or selling really fast anything you got). Aditionally current iteration of the RNG is akittens best as now you can buy the skins from players so you don’t need to take risks.

While Evon might offer (one of) the most important battle for humanity, Kiel offers insight into the single most important battle for ALL the races, namely the Elder Dragons. Thaumanova has been confirmed to relate to all six of the Elder Dragons, which are far more important than the human gods.

Also, keep in mind that Evon is either manufacturing goods for or dealing directly with the Molten Alliance (and thus Flame Legion), as well working with the Consortium. Neither of which have any good intentions for LA.

The role the gods have played in the events shaping tyria is incalculable. And all signs shows a mirroring between the human gods and the elder dragons. More lore and interaction with the gods and a community desire for more of the gods could mean a very interesting flushing out of elder dragon lore and lore of the dead races. On the other hand Thaumanova was LITERALLY REBUILT as the crucible of eternity. I really fail to see how it could offer us anything lore wise that could not be shown through CoE. But hey let’s all be short-sighted and vote for the human cause you know, luls human.

Leader of [Suh]
#TeamEvonforever

Exit Polls (updated 8/2)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Well the dragons are pretty boring so far :/ So lore wise it’s gods 1, dragons 0.

Exit Polls (updated 8/2)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Ridley.3691

Ridley.3691

A vote for Kiel means you don’t like GW? I dont understand why people whould be playing this game then.

I didn’t say that. >__>

But definitely the Evon(Abbadon) supporters seem to be more from the GW1 ‘old guard’ who have been following the lore since many years ago. Except for good old Konig from guru. xD

One of the common mistakes I read is that people think this fractal will be the same fight as in Nightfall, when it is actually the cataclysmic battle that turned the Crystal Sea into the Crystal Desert 1000 years prior. That points to not really paying attention.

I don’t think more casual observers realize that the Abbadon fractal will require a new map and new enemies because of the nature of it, but if we get Thaumanova, we will likely tread through a mostly re-hashed map and fight copy-pasted enemies that we’ve already seen.

Of course some people understand all this and still like Kiel, and that is perfectly fine. It’s a democracy.. kinda. I voted 50 times xD

Technically you’re making the common mistake that the Thaumanova Reactor fractal will take place in the area we can currently access. If you speak with people there, I’m almost certain they say that the accident was caused by Inquest experiments in an area underneath the Reactor. So it -would- be a new area.

Plus wouldn’t the Abaddon Fractal just be a ‘re-hashed version of Orr’, if you’re using that logic?

Exit Polls (updated 8/2)

in Cutthroat Politics

Asudementio.8526

A vote for Kiel means you don’t like GW? I dont understand why people whould be playing this game then.

I didn’t say that. >__>

But definitely the Evon(Abbadon) supporters seem to be more from the GW1 ‘old guard’ who have been following the lore since many years ago. Except for good old Konig from guru. xD

One of the common mistakes I read is that people think this fractal will be the same fight as in Nightfall, when it is actually the cataclysmic battle that turned the Crystal Sea into the Crystal Desert 1000 years prior. That points to not really paying attention.

I don’t think more casual observers realize that the Abbadon fractal will require a new map and new enemies because of the nature of it, but if we get Thaumanova, we will likely tread through a mostly re-hashed map and fight copy-pasted enemies that we’ve already seen.

Of course some people understand all this and still like Kiel, and that is perfectly fine. It’s a democracy.. kinda. I voted 50 times xD

Technically you’re making the common mistake that the Thaumanova Reactor fractal will take place in the area we can currently access. If you speak with people there, I’m almost certain they say that the accident was caused by Inquest experiments in an area underneath the Reactor. So it -would- be a new area.

Plus wouldn’t the Abaddon Fractal just be a ‘re-hashed version of Orr’, if you’re using that logic?

Abbadon was defeated at the mouth of torment which is part of the crystal desert formerly the crystal sea. May want to read up on lore so you can make more informed statements.

Leader of [Suh]
#TeamEvonforever

Exit Polls (updated 8/2)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

why do I have a feeling 80% of the ppl voting for kiel only votes for her for the cheaper waypoints?

More likely, the majority of people voting don’t use the site and have no idea what either is actually offering, and simply like the person they know and view as the “good guy”.

Did you know if you talk to Kiel or Evon INGAME you can ask them what they promise?
If people can’t read, it’s their problem, but it’s not an excuse for why Kiel is winning.

Personally I think ppl vote for Kiel because it’s “against RNG boxes” and not really because of cheaper waypoints. On the other hand, most Evon supporters are voting for the fractal, which is more stupid imo, maybe Abaddon sounds better, but it doesn’t mean it will be actually better.

Since we don’t know the true numbers, Anet can chose whichever candidate they want. Maybe they’ll be honest with the election, maybe not. We will never know. The only thing I know for sure that whichever candidate wins, the other party’s biggest supporters will cry and whine about it and will accuse arenanet for cheating…

Of course ANet will cheat. You don’t honestly believe that the players have any real influence on the outcome of this election, do you? The outcome was decided weeks ago. That’s why Facebook’s vote count appears to be so close and why you cannot view the vote count in real time in-game. It’s all a sham meant to draw players into the game to grind for hours upon hours in hopes of deciding the fate of Tyria.

And you guys bought it…hook, link and sinker.

Attachments:

Exit Polls (updated 8/2)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Olvendred.3027

Olvendred.3027

Sure, Kiel might seem like Trahearne 2.0 right now, but we have no idea how she will evolve. For all we know, anet might as well mess up Gnashblade and turn him into Trahearne 2.0 after the election is over.

“For all we know” may as well be the catchphrase of every post about the election.

But anyway… these characters both existed before the election, and will continue to exist. Kiel being voted onto the council might mean she has less of a role in future Living Story updates, since she’s busy governing rather than being the Lionguard who runs around letting us fix problems for her. If she’s not voted in, she might do a lot more stuff, and therefore be likely to evolve more. Evon might suffer a huge lack of confidence in losing the election and start questing again to regain it, or whatever. Who knows?

Exit Polls (updated 8/2)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: GSSBlunaspike.4153

GSSBlunaspike.4153

why do I have a feeling 80% of the ppl voting for kiel only votes for her for the cheaper waypoints?

More likely, the majority of people voting don’t use the site and have no idea what either is actually offering, and simply like the person they know and view as the “good guy”.

Did you know if you talk to Kiel or Evon INGAME you can ask them what they promise?
If people can’t read, it’s their problem, but it’s not an excuse for why Kiel is winning.

Personally I think ppl vote for Kiel because it’s “against RNG boxes” and not really because of cheaper waypoints. On the other hand, most Evon supporters are voting for the fractal, which is more stupid imo, maybe Abaddon sounds better, but it doesn’t mean it will be actually better.

Since we don’t know the true numbers, Anet can chose whichever candidate they want. Maybe they’ll be honest with the election, maybe not. We will never know. The only thing I know for sure that whichever candidate wins, the other party’s biggest supporters will cry and whine about it and will accuse arenanet for cheating…

Of course ANet will cheat. You don’t honestly believe that the players have any real influence on the outcome of this election, do you?The outcome was decided weeks ago. That’s why Facebook’s vote count appears to be so close and why you cannot view the vote count in real time in-game. It’s all a sham meant to draw players into the game to grind for hours upon hours in hopes of deciding the fate of Tyria.

It appears some people do…which worries me greatly for the future of this world. I would be curious to take a poll on how many of us have an education and believe this is a real “vote”.

Yeah the facebook exit poll was a real give away. Those exact numbers, yet completely opposite to the numbers people are showing in game. For those that don’t know you can link your support buttons.

Exit Polls (updated 8/2)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Ridley.3691

Ridley.3691

I didn’t say that. >__>

Abbadon was defeated at the mouth of torment which is part of the crystal desert formerly the crystal sea. May want to read up on lore so you can make more informed statements.

Apologies then, a false assumption on my part, I still stand by the main part of my post though.

Exit Polls (updated 8/2)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Louveepine.7630

Louveepine.7630

Kiel \ o/

I’m glad as Asura!

By cons, I continue to say that for fractals, it would have been better to give them!

# Asura because I’m worth it!

Exit Polls (updated 8/2)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Keyce.8137

Keyce.8137

I’ll be voting for Kiel. As interesting as pre-GW1 lore may be, I’m more interested in putting a person in charge who is more interested in the security and good fortune of others than someone who just wants more money.

I’ll use the new Candidate Trials as my best example. Evon wants to use the riches to further his own political agenda. While it makes total sense to use profits earned from bad guys (the Aetherblades), I don’t think it compares to Ellen’s approach to the downed ship; return everything to the people they belong to.

I mean, if someone stole all the stuff out of my place, I wouldn’t vote for the guy who is now walking down the street with all of it – even if he took it from the guys who stole it from me!

But I would find it amusing, if only for a minute or two.

Then I would demand my stuff back, because it was illegally seized from me.

Ellen Kiel still has a lot of growing up to do, especially if she becomes a part of the Council. She trusts Magnus like a soldier trusts his/her CO, but if/when she becomes his equal, she will have to make her own decisions. If Anet is smart and lets her develop her own character, she’ll have to disagree with Magnus on something.

Bonus points if she can convince him not to smack her upside the head for disagreeing with him, while disagreeing with him.

And who knows? Maybe we can pull this election off without any uninteresting characters getting killed off for no good reason.

Exit Polls (updated 8/2)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Kiel would just be a lapdog puppet. We need proven leadership from a REAL Captain. Vote Evon!

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Exit Polls (updated 8/2)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

I honestly expect Kiel to win.

I have a handful of friends that aren’t really following the living story, they just log in and play. IE super casuals, which I would assume is the majority of the player base. I have asked them who they’re voting for, and they said the “human, lady, good guy”. . . They really don’t follow the living story, and don’t know much about Guild Wars lore, so I can see the casual playerbase voting for the more likable person. (likable as in you’d probably vote for this guy IRL if this were an actual election)

That’s pretty much how it goes in real life, at least in the US.

Where do I go to vote for Mr. Sparkle?

Exit Polls (updated 8/2)

in Cutthroat Politics

Vayra.3290

Of course ANet will cheat. You don’t honestly believe that the players have any real influence on the outcome of this election, do you?The outcome was decided weeks ago. That’s why Facebook’s vote count appears to be so close and why you cannot view the vote count in real time in-game. It’s all a sham meant to draw players into the game to grind for hours upon hours in hopes of deciding the fate of Tyria.

It appears some people do…which worries me greatly for the future of this world. I would be curious to take a poll on how many of us have an education and believe this is a real “vote”.

Yeah the facebook exit poll was a real give away. Those exact numbers, yet completely opposite to the numbers people are showing in game. For those that don’t know you can link your support buttons.

Because the majority of players are disclosing their votes, right? The amount of people you see disclosing their votes is a minuscule portion of the voter base. It is also probably heavily biased towards Evon supporters as an attempt to discourage voting for Kiel (by saying that their votes won’t matter). The vast majority of players are not, in fact, showing what they voted for (except for the occasional button you’ll see above someone’s head).

Myself, I don’t particularly care either way, though Thaumanova sounds more interesting to me from a lore perspective, and I believe Kiel will be the better person for the council. Still I don’t really care who wins, either way we get a new fractal.

Vayra – Elementalist
Forkrul Assail – Mesmer

Exit Polls (updated 8/2)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Lucky.9421

Lucky.9421

I think we would access some areas of the reactor that we did not have access to before, but it probably won’t be THAT different. At least the visual themes will be the same. And again same-old enemies.

The Abbadon Fractal battle did not happen in Orr but in/along the Crystal Sea, which is now the Crystal Desert. The battle turned it into a desert. But you put forward an interesting thought.

What if the choice was between the battle of the gods or the sinking of Orr? To fight in Orr when it is in pristine condition then get sunk below the waves.

Now THAT would be a tough choice!

Exit Polls (updated 8/2)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: RileyTheRad.8542

RileyTheRad.8542

Most Kiel supporters are uneducated, and are voting only for the pretty face. But worry not, this is far from over. Evon didn’t get to where he is by quitting. I’m sure he’ll be doing something interesting to spice up this race.

/eyeroll
This is getting as juvenile as the presidential elections.
Not sure if I should have expected much else.

Hoopa doopa.

Exit Polls (updated 8/2)

in Cutthroat Politics

Celestina.2894

Most Kiel supporters are uneducated, and are voting only for the pretty face. But worry not, this is far from over. Evon didn’t get to where he is by quitting. I’m sure he’ll be doing something interesting to spice up this race.

/eyeroll

Tbh at times I think it’s all in good fun……………there are times I am not so sure though.

Exit Polls (updated 8/2)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

/eyeroll

Tbh at times I think it’s all in good fun……………there are times I am not so sure though.

At times like these i am pretty kitten sure people are taking stuff on the internet a little to serious.

I dont like Fractals, or dungeons in general. I’m a WvW player. Neither of these candidates has anything related to WvW. Its simply stuff i cannot care about even a little.

And even if i did care about Fractals. I think people are over-estimating both of these fractals. So far a Fractal is a short mini-dungeon that you rush through in 10-15min, faster if you’re an experienced PvE’er.
So dont expect a big exposition on either of these.

Infact the way i understand these are such big moments in the lore of Guildwars it almost seems odd to just reduce them to a 10min dungeon. Much rather they make a big dungeon out of either to shed a better light on the lore and explain events better to non-vets and lore buffs.

Exit Polls (updated 8/2)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Traveller.7496

Traveller.7496

Call me a cynic or something, but I have real trouble believing that ANet actually would let this be a fair election and that they have not already decided who will win. And we have really no way of knowing the truth either way. One would assume that future storylines for living story is already being worked on and decided months ago for production.

But if indeed ANet has prepared the entire storyline until the end (or maybe they’re just making it up as they go along) branching from this point depending on who wins, then kudos, I guess. Other obvious choice, of course, is to make the election not really matter at all.

Exit Polls (updated 8/2)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Arrow.3856

Arrow.3856

Voted 210 times for Evon-0-13! Evon we will not fail you! You have already handed out way more gold than Kiel can save us in 4 weeks of cheaper Waypoints.

“I may not be a horse whisperer, but I certainly
can and do speak to unicorns.” (Arrow The
Unicorn)

Exit Polls (updated 8/2)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: binidj.5734

binidj.5734

Thaumanova has been confirmed to relate to all six of the Elder Dragons, which are far more important than the human gods.

Really? Can you provide a source for that? Because I don’t recall seeing anything of the kind. Several posts have been made linking Thaumanova to the Crucible of Eternity but I’m not aware of any lore (beyond that they are both Inquest projects) that connects the two. All the in-game evidence I’ve seen would actually suggest that they are quite distinct from each other. So provide ArenaNet sources please when you use words like “confirmed”.

Glad to be [Grey] – http://thegrey.enjin.com/home
Piken Square

Exit Polls (updated 8/2)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Grimno.6172

Grimno.6172

You know what, I don’t care who wins.
But if Kiel wins, and the waypoints are reduced… once the waypoints are returned to normal price, nobody better complain.

Grimno Lvl 80 WR
Lance Delgado Lvl 20 Thief

Exit Polls (updated 8/2)

in Cutthroat Politics

Vayra.3290

Thaumanova has been confirmed to relate to all six of the Elder Dragons, which are far more important than the human gods.

Really? Can you provide a source for that? Because I don’t recall seeing anything of the kind. Several posts have been made linking Thaumanova to the Crucible of Eternity but I’m not aware of any lore (beyond that they are both Inquest projects) that connects the two. All the in-game evidence I’ve seen would actually suggest that they are quite distinct from each other. So provide ArenaNet sources please when you use words like “confirmed”.

It was in the latest livestream.

Vayra – Elementalist
Forkrul Assail – Mesmer

Exit Polls (updated 8/2)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

Well the dragons are pretty boring so far :/ So lore wise it’s gods 1, dragons 0.

I’m sure Anet is learning lessons on the mistakes they made with the current dragons.

No player will ever get to kill a God in this game. So they will still need large enemies like dragons for players to kill.

Exit Polls (updated 8/2)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: binidj.5734

binidj.5734

It was in the latest livestream.

Most recent livestream on my YouTube feed is the Bazaar of the Four Winds one (which I don’t think covers Thaumanova/Infinity Coil) … so if you know of a more recent one a link would be welcomed.

Glad to be [Grey] – http://thegrey.enjin.com/home
Piken Square

Exit Polls (updated 8/2)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

I’m sure Anet is learning lessons on the mistakes they made with the current dragons.

No player will ever get to kill a God in this game. So they will still need large enemies like dragons for players to kill.

I think they make bad foes(dragons), they need some kind of avatar instead of a mountain tall foe to beat. It would make it a better fight for me that is.

Exit Polls (updated 8/2)

in Cutthroat Politics

Celestina.2894

You know what, I don’t care who wins.
But if Kiel wins, and the waypoints are reduced… once the waypoints are returned to normal price, nobody better complain.

Grimno, where have you been? Of course people will complain. That is the very nature of this forum.

Exit Polls (updated 8/2)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

ArenaNet has already decided the victor. Players aren’t actually voting for anything. It’s all a sham by ArenaNet to make players feel like they have an impact on the world and to get them to log as many game hours as possible.

Just think about it…

52% / 48%…well within the margin of error for polling which essentially renders the results as 50% / 50%.

No in-game method (or any method for that matter) for viewing real-time vote counts.

Do you honestly believe the vote count is so close because of an even split in the player base? Or is it more likely that ArenaNet has produced those numbers out of thin air in order to spawn political debate on the forums and to cause players to log more game time to rally around their candidate?

Exit Polls (updated 8/2)

in Cutthroat Politics

Celestina.2894

ArenaNet has already decided the victor. Players aren’t actually voting for anything. It’s all a sham by ArenaNet to make players feel like they have an impact on the world and to get them to log as many game hours as possible.

Just think about it…

52% / 48%…well within the margin of error for polling which essentially renders the results as 50% / 50%.

No in-game method (or any method for that matter) for viewing real-time vote counts.

Do you honestly believe the vote count is so close because of an even split in the player base? Or is it more likely that ArenaNet has produced those numbers out of thin air in order to spawn political debate on the forums and to cause players to log more game time to rally around their candidate?

Attachments:

Exit Polls (updated 8/2)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Moose.2356

Moose.2356

i would much rather put my votes towards the person that is going to run their campaign to get bugs glitches and other problems fixed!!! so far gw2 it getting very comparable to dcuo in that many problems seem to be swept under the rug because oh we can just keep releasing new stuff so the players just forget about it and move on. there are many things that remain unfixed since the bwes that should have already been remedied by now not to mention all the bugs in the new content will mostly be passed over because well, frankly at a 2 week sprint for content they are not going to spend excess time and resources fixing when it will be over soon anyways. IAM ALL FOR CONTENT BUT AS A PLAYER THAT LIKES A GOOD GAME I PREFER QUALITY OVER QUANTITY

Exit Polls (updated 8/2)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Louveepine.7630

Louveepine.7630

Frankly, it gets on my nerves to have to vote for wind.

I’m tired, and I look forward to its end! that passes something funny! It’s not fun to see: vote him, vote her.

I feel forced !

I do not feel no pleasure! I’ve had enough! I hate it!

# Asura because I’m worth it!

Exit Polls (updated 8/2)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

@StinVec So after reading what you said, I realized this all may just be an intricate anet ploy to discover the weakest faults in their game while avoiding heat from players as they argue amongst themselves.

Exit Polls (updated 8/2)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Rainbow Sprint.3215

Rainbow Sprint.3215

@StinVec So after reading what you said, I realized this all may just be an intricate anet ploy to discover the weakest faults in their game while avoiding heat from players as they argue amongst themselves.

I’m pretty sure this is anets way to ask their players what type of content they want. Completely new lore, or to better expand on old lore.

Exit Polls (updated 8/2)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

I’m pretty sure this is anets way to ask their players what type of content they want. Completely new lore, or to better expand on old lore.

Exactly! That’s exactly it! On the money!

As I said in another post, I think both candidates are evil. Both will bring about the destruction of Tyria. Kiel through lying, backstabbing, boring aetherblades and nuclear destruction. Evon, who already has all the money in Tyria (20% tax on all items, duh), wants to find out how Abaddon gained his power – namely, “from an older deposed god” (see wiki). Evon will want to personally destroy Tyria as a deity.

We don’t get to vote whether Tyria will be destroyed, but how it will be destroyed.

If Tyria is to be destroyed, I’ll choose the cool way. From a guy who’s at least not hiding his treacherous nature.

Exit Polls (updated 8/2)

in Cutthroat Politics

Celestina.2894

Exactly! That’s exactly it! On the money!

As I said in another post, I think both candidates are evil. Both will bring about the destruction of Tyria. Kiel through lying, backstabbing, boring aetherblades and nuclear destruction. Evon, who already has all the money in Tyria (20% tax on all items, duh), wants to find out how Abaddon gained his power – namely, “from an older deposed god” (see wiki). Evon will want to personally destroy Tyria as a deity.

We don’t get to vote whether Tyria will be destroyed, but how it will be destroyed.

If Tyria is to be destroyed, I’ll choose the cool way. From a guy who’s at least not hiding his treacherous nature.

I find this to be hilariously fitting

Exit Polls (updated 8/2)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Zomaarwat.3912

Zomaarwat.3912

There’d be a lot more votes if there was an incentive. I for example got 100 tokens from mostly doing the arena on day 1. Since I don’t need any more pins, why would I want to click 100 times to get 100 pins just to delete them, when I could just delete the tokens.

I agree, a kind of Kickstarterish incentive program would be nice.

Over a year and the forum search is still broken = /

Exit Polls (updated 8/2)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

How is this an either/or thing? The categorization makes no sense to me.

There is stuff that I’m interested in – some of it old lore, and some of it new – and there’s stuff that I’m not interested in – again, some of it old and some of it new.

I’m really not all that interested in the Fall of Abaddon at all, but that doesn’t mean that you or ANet should generalise. There is other existing lore that I would very much like to know more about.

Exit Polls (updated 8/2)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: MauricioCezar.2673

MauricioCezar.2673

Yay!, today.. more 850 votes for Kiel. Mine ones.

Exit Polls (updated 8/2)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Draconicus.7564

Draconicus.7564

Most Kiel supporters are uneducated, and are voting only for the pretty face.

Pls don’t take offense bro, but you are the one looking kinda “uneducated” here!

Go check some Game lore about Charrs & the “Searing”, and then tell me why in this world we will trust a Charr!!!

Even if he was promising to every one of us a Precursor weapon if he win, i still will be voting for the Human!

Never trust a Charr!!

Exit Polls (updated 8/2)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Archmortal.1027

Archmortal.1027

Most Kiel supporters are uneducated, and are voting only for the pretty face.

Pls don’t take offense bro, but you are the one looking kinda “uneducated” here!

Go check some Game lore about Charrs & the “Searing”, and then tell me why in this world we will trust a Charr!!!

Even if he was promising to every one of us a Precursor weapon if he win, i still will be voting for the Human!

Never trust a Charr!!

If you want a reason to trust him, just look at how honest he’s being about his practices. He doesn’t have anything to hide. Kiel, on the other hand, likes to duck out and take credit/reward for what others accomplish. Why should we trust someone who flakes out when the going gets rough?

Exit Polls (updated 8/2)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

Pro-RNG VS Anti-RNG
Charr VS Human
Male VS Female
Evon VS Kiel/Trahearne 2.0
Abaddon VS Reactor
GW1 VS GW2

All of this will end very, very badly for many players and for ArenaNet. Many players have such strong feelings toward some of these issues that there may be a portion of the playerbase that are so dissatisfied with the outcome of this election, regardless of who wins, that they actually quit playing due to how it might sour the game and it won’t be fun for them anymore.

Even still, there are the “Temporary Content VS Permanent Content” aspects of this event and many others I’ve not touched onto here, as well as the “Bugs Fixed VS Bugs Created” aspect of more frequent Living Story updates.

I just cannot believe that someone at ArenaNet thought any of this would be a good idea for events, let alone all of them at the same time in the same event. This wreaks of being a horrible idea in all possible ways. Unless you want to risk losing your job, your customers, your friends, or a few teeth, it is just accepted that you do not involve two subjects for discussion: Religion and Politics.

Not to put down the seriousness of all the aspects I’ve mention, as they are all of a pretty serious nature for the future of the game, but anyone want some popcorn?

I guess this is ArenaNet breaking the fourth wall in terms of storytelling. In none of the past updates have there been this much discussion on the living story. In this case it’s more like heated debate. It does seem that many players are taking this election very seriously because it will supposedly determine the direction the game will be going on. I say supposedly because I doubt that, outside of incorporating player feedback, ArenaNet will decide the future of the game based on a virtual election that not everyone takes seriously.

As for people quitting the game because the candidate they voted for lost, I think that would be taking it really far. Any reasonable person would stay with the game if they’re enjoying and leave, either temporarily or permanently, if they’re not. They won’t leave because more than half of the player base wanted something really trivial they didn’t and vice versa. I say that it’s trivial because the discounts willy only last 4 weeks and I’m sure whichever fractal is chosen will be really well done if the last two dungeons are any indication of ArenaNet’s dungeon crafting prowess. Story-wise I don’t think there is going to be too much of a difference over which candidate is elected.

I’m sure all those people that bought tokens to support one candidate over the other will be sorely disappointed if their chosen candidate actually ends up losing. It’s inevitable. ArenaNet came up with a clever way for players to part with their hard earned gold and thereby curb in-game inflation, if just ever so slightly.

Who fills the seat on the council will impact any future living story stuff that involves LA. Kiel would propose radically different measures to solve a crisis than Gnashblade. And they would also pounce on different opportunities when they arise. Gnashblade might go for things that will enrich LA, while Kiel might be more interested in things that help protect LA and the surrounding areas. And that will shape the Living Story content in the months/years to come.

When has the council mattered in anything up until now? Most of us didn’t even know it existed. I haven’t read Sea of Sorrows yet, but I suspect much of this is actually a promotional tie-in for the book. Even if the council mattered, there are several members, a single vote might not determine anything. Honestly, if the other council members are actually pirates, Kiel would likely be very useless. Evon would likely be voting the same as them. I think you are overselling how big a change this might be.

Exit Polls (updated 8/2)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: ZilentNight.5089

ZilentNight.5089

Lol how much gold is a vote? I would like to know how much money did ppl burned when this voting is over. There is no way you accumulated 850 tickets by just playing.

Exit Polls (updated 8/2)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: dunnberry.2964

dunnberry.2964

Think it’s pretty easy getting tickets, I’ve only played 2-3 days I think since tokens were available and have over 200 tickets

Borlis Pass
Asuran Engineer (Lost)

Exit Polls (updated 8/2)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Kronic.6318

Kronic.6318

Lol how much gold is a vote? I would like to know how much money did ppl burned when this voting is over. There is no way you accumulated 850 tickets by just playing.

Someone in my guild sold a legendary and used all the gold to support Kiel :/

Exit Polls (updated 8/2)

in Cutthroat Politics

Vayra.3290

I haven’t played all that much this past week and I’ve still grabbed ~400 tokens. If I was playing as much as I was at release (stupid uni stuff getting in the way) I would probably be far beyond 1000 from drops alone.

Though if you want to spend gold, 1g = 10 votes.

Vayra – Elementalist
Forkrul Assail – Mesmer

Exit Polls (updated 8/2)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: MauricioCezar.2673

MauricioCezar.2673

Actually, didn’t spend any gold (I think that spend gold in those tickets are really useless).

850 for playing.

Exit Polls (updated 8/2)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

This election is turning into a fraud. There’s no way Evon could be losing this. Something’s fishy.

Those who vote for Kiel are conspiracy theorists who think RNG is the root of all evil. Don’t buy into their tin-foil hat theories. Vote Evon, for justice!

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Exit Polls (updated 8/2)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: zerospin.8604

zerospin.8604

My 500 votes are still going to be cast. Probably on Evon.