Love survival, but...

Love survival, but...

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: LampGhost.9658

LampGhost.9658

Why, when you kill a person, do they appear in mist form on top of you?… Yesterday i killed about 3 people, then these go to mistform and appear near me. This obviously leads to these people trying to take revenge and i will get karka’s and traps on my head… At the same time, the guy that picked 5 food in the begin and afk’s in a camp does not kill anyone and therefor does not get killed by people in mistform.

The obvious answer is that you killed them and therefor they get the chance to take revenge…. but I dont really understand why they made it this way, you seem to get punished for killing more people, while the people that are less active do not get hit. Why not make the spawn of dead people random?

Black Lion Key [AIM]
~ Desolation

Love survival, but...

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Tudeus.6248

Tudeus.6248

I would like to share the same opinion. It seems that being good and skilled at killing others just results in vengeful players. The thing that upsets me most is that it seems unfair, since many live through the rounds without being touched by a Mist Walker’s trap (or 10), while others die because of certain “vengeful” mechanics. I want to emphasize that the idea of the whole minigame is cool (being a “Hunger Games” fan ), but the controls and the revenge mechanics do not seem player-friendly.

Love survival, but...

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Luquatic.3825

Luquatic.3825

I also would like to share the same opinion. Letting people spawning Karkas after they have been killed goes way overboard and ruins the minigame. I like the idea that people who are defeated can setup traps but this karka goes to far…

A Thief on Desolation

Love survival, but...

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Phoenixlin.8624

Phoenixlin.8624

Get on with it. You kill someone and that someone can get his/her revenge. Also none can put a karka on your head just he/she died. Mists need 10 blue orbs before it. Every time you scavenge goods, mists get blue orbs. If you dont wanna be karka’d, do not scavenge.

Love survival, but...

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: LampGhost.9658

LampGhost.9658

isnt it the aim of the game to kill others ;(? the idea of the 10 blue orbs is good, but if they follow you around for 20 sec, they easily encounter 10 orbs. also the traps require less. so what is the problem with letting dead people spawn at a random place ;/

Black Lion Key [AIM]
~ Desolation

Love survival, but...

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Tsohg.1798

Tsohg.1798

isnt it the aim of the game to kill others ;(? the idea of the 10 blue orbs is good, but if they follow you around for 20 sec, they easily encounter 10 orbs. also the traps require less. so what is the problem with letting dead people spawn at a random place ;/

Pulled from another thread :
The ghosts SHOULD NOT be able to kill you. I’m okay with them alerting and stuff, but 2 stacks of torment for 15 seconds, karkas and crap? Listen, if there are karkas there already, awesome, those are avoidable, but if its me with 10 arrows, 4 rations, and 3 camo traps, vs one other person, and a kittening karka spawns on me and kills me right there? Not cool. It’s not survival then, it’s hide with rations and wait for the 20 stacks of torment that are coming. It comes down to basically 9/10 times you don’t even die to a live player.

See that hill? Thats where i’ll be, raining hell upon you.

Love survival, but...

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

The Survival minigame is really neat. But I think ghosts got too much power.

I think they should remove the Karka summon skill, and the torment condition skill, and replace it with something else.

I also think they should remove the orbs the ghosts needs to collect, and instead apply a longer cooldown on the skills.

I think it’s fine that the ghosts can alarm where players are, maybe they should be able to cripple somehow, but I do not think they should be able to summon karkas and apply torment for even more health draining.

Love survival, but...

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Yeah I have to agree. it is impossible to survive a ghost that knows that he’s doing. As soon as you die there are 20-30 blue orbs around you from all the things you recently scavenged.

You pick up 15, you spawn a kakra between the killer and the wall. When he tries to run you put a trap in front of him that is unseeable and unavoidable that gives a 2s KD and since the kakras attack only takes 1.5 seconds, gg for him.

The kakra trap should be removed completely. And when you die you should respawn as a mist in a random location.

Love survival, but...

in Cutthroat Politics

Phoenixlin.8624

So much cry for a minigame.

If you couldn’t survive, it is not because of ghosts. It is because you are not the fittest.

Love survival, but...

in Cutthroat Politics

Luquatic.3825

Get on with it. You kill someone and that someone can get his/her revenge. Also none can put a karka on your head just he/she died. Mists need 10 blue orbs before it. Every time you scavenge goods, mists get blue orbs. If you dont wanna be karka’d, do not scavenge.

Thing is that this creates something called: “hey let’s not kill anyone, wait in a corner and still win the game”. Because if you kill three people at the start of the game they will keep on following you and constantly spawn karkas, when someone who has not killed anyone and hides in a corner has a higher chance to win the game by doing nothing.

ArenaNet really has to change the Karka thing or let someone who has 4-5 kills and died halfway in the game win if the number 1 who survived the longest has no kills at all.

A Thief on Desolation

Love survival, but...

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Celebratty.1632

Celebratty.1632

Alarm Trap, TP trap should stay. KB trap and Karka Trap should be replaced with dropping an arrow/supplies and maybe something like a paint trap that leaves trails on your footsteps for 30s.

Lulu [LGN] Anvil Rock
Garbage at every profession 2015

Love survival, but...

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: zerotwo.4731

zerotwo.4731

T.T Really people? Who cares if you are being hunted by ghosts? It doesn’t matter. The worst players are the ones who camp thinking they will win if they survive longer then anyone else. That is not how it works. The game is designed so that points can be scored alive and when your dead. You are useless if your only good at surviving. Learn the ghost half as well and your points will sky rocket. I win more games as the ghost then being alive. This is not Hunger Games!

Love survival, but...

in Cutthroat Politics

Luquatic.3825

T.T Really people? Who cares if you are being hunted by ghosts? It doesn’t matter. The worst players are the ones who camp thinking they will win if they survive longer then anyone else. That is not how it works. The game is designed so that points can be scored alive and when your dead. You are useless if your only good at surviving. Learn the ghost half as well and your points will sky rocket. I win more games as the ghost then being alive. This is not Hunger Games!

This is the exact reason why I hate the mist form. Death should be a punishment for failing at surviving because after all, it’s called Southsun survival.

A Thief on Desolation

Love survival, but...

in Cutthroat Politics

Phoenixlin.8624

Yeah let teh game remove dead players’ account from this universe also.

Winning the game gives you nothing also. If you die because of a karka, say “kitten you ghost” and continue to play.

Please just stop crying, and survive. If you cannot do it, play something else. But leave my karka alone.

Love survival, but...

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: DaMunky.6302

DaMunky.6302

Guys, karka is not OP at all. It takes forever to surface and can be dodged.

The Mist Walker mechanic is amazing, because it prevents the game from becoming Southsun Dragonball. It forces you to really think hard about killing somebody, because if you do they’re going to try and haunt you to death.

If you are getting killed by mistwalkers a lot, here’s what you need to get a handle on:
– Kill lots of people for their food during the grace period. You get food, and they get a respawn somewhere else away from you – no ghost to haunt you!

- Avoid killing people if you don’t have to. If they have no arrows and no food, leave them alone. If they have no arrows and you have plenty of food, leave them alone. If they have tons of arrows and no food, use Disarming Shot and they can’t bother you.

- If you do need to kill somebody, you now have 2 options: (1) quickly kill more people so you’ll be haunted by a group. They will fight over motes and you’ll get hit by fewer traps. (2) Avoid scavenging at all costs. A single walker with lots of motes is far more scary than a group with no motes.

- Avoid areas where idle walkers congregate, such as the starting area. Bored walkers will haunt you just because they’re bored!

- Learn to dodge the karka. Seriously it isn’t that hard.

Dear lord, what have I done? – Matthew Medina, Gw2 Content Designer

Love survival, but...

in Cutthroat Politics

ZudetGambeous.9573

Guys, karka is not OP at all. It takes forever to surface and can be dodged.

The Mist Walker mechanic is amazing, because it prevents the game from becoming Southsun Dragonball. It forces you to really think hard about killing somebody, because if you do they’re going to try and haunt you to death.

If you are getting killed by mistwalkers a lot, here’s what you need to get a handle on:
– Kill lots of people for their food during the grace period. You get food, and they get a respawn somewhere else away from you – no ghost to haunt you!

- Avoid killing people if you don’t have to. If they have no arrows and no food, leave them alone. If they have no arrows and you have plenty of food, leave them alone. If they have tons of arrows and no food, use Disarming Shot and they can’t bother you.

- If you do need to kill somebody, you now have 2 options: (1) quickly kill more people so you’ll be haunted by a group. They will fight over motes and you’ll get hit by fewer traps. (2) Avoid scavenging at all costs. A single walker with lots of motes is far more scary than a group with no motes.

- Avoid areas where idle walkers congregate, such as the starting area. Bored walkers will haunt you just because they’re bored!

- Learn to dodge the karka. Seriously it isn’t that hard.

l2mistwalker

You can’t dodge the kakra when you’re on your face during the entire spawn, charge, and roll sequence.

Love survival, but...

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Weirwynn.2390

Weirwynn.2390

Why, when you kill a person, do they appear in mist form on top of you?… Yesterday i killed about 3 people, then these go to mistform and appear near me. This obviously leads to these people trying to take revenge and i will get karka’s and traps on my head… At the same time, the guy that picked 5 food in the begin and afk’s in a camp does not kill anyone and therefor does not get killed by people in mistform.

The obvious answer is that you killed them and therefor they get the chance to take revenge…. but I dont really understand why they made it this way, you seem to get punished for killing more people, while the people that are less active do not get hit. Why not make the spawn of dead people random?

They’re called revenge motes for a reason

And yes, the whole point of the game is to win using all the tools available, including guile and intelligence. Evon specifically says brawn may not help you win. Having to decide if you want to kill players directly and incur their wrath, or trap and outlive them is a great mechanic, and should not be changed.

Love survival, but...

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Holy Whirlwind.2067

Holy Whirlwind.2067

Have you never seen hunger games? You are trying to survive, not necessarily kill everyone. This is not a shooter, you have to use some restraint and strategy. Perhaps kill at the beginning when you can still get away with it, or hideout until it is just you and one other person. They purposely made it so that if you just go around killing people YOU are making it harder for you.

The one thing I have an issue with however, is that you seem to get more points for killing and trapping, andnothing for surviving longer.

Love survival, but...

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Smoothy.1085

Smoothy.1085

Yeh imo the mist form is plain stupid as a whole. people can team up even after they are dead >>

Love survival, but...

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: DaMunky.6302

DaMunky.6302

Have you never seen hunger games? You are trying to survive, not necessarily kill everyone. This is not a shooter, you have to use some restraint and strategy.

THANK YOU. Somebody understands!

The one thing I have an issue with however, is that you seem to get more points for killing and trapping, and nothing for surviving longer.

Being final survivor nets you 50 points, which is pretty substantial. It also upgrades your guaranteed chest to a better version. (More karma, gold, and better item drop rates.) The only benefit to winning points-wise is you get announced as the winner. You don’t actually get better stuff than the final survivor.

Yeh imo the mist form is plain stupid as a whole. people can team up even after they are dead >>

Did you even READ the thread, or did you just skip right to the “new post” box at the bottom?

Dear lord, what have I done? – Matthew Medina, Gw2 Content Designer

Love survival, but...

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: zerotwo.4731

zerotwo.4731

This is the exact reason why I hate the mist form. Death should be a punishment for failing at surviving because after all, it’s called Southsun survival.

So you have to survive the dead and living. Its still survival. Its good they added in the ghost aspect since players like myself, who hate to camp it out, have more to do.

Love survival, but...

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

the game is not over when you die and become a ghost.

u have more potential to score even more points when dead.

Love survival, but...

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Duke Nukem.6783

Duke Nukem.6783

ur not supposed to win if you killed 3 people, this is survival not deathmatch, change your thinking.

that being said the ghosts are way too powerful, its not the karka its the call from beyond trap its damage is way too high its too cheap and too easy to hit people

as for the akitteng ration users….it should be possible to trap someone who is standing still,

that should take care of all your complaints….if only anet would hurry up and get on it

Love survival, but...

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Minos.3450

Minos.3450

ur not supposed to win if you killed 3 people, this is survival not deathmatch, change your thinking.

that being said the ghosts are way too powerful, its not the karka its the call from beyond trap its damage is way too high its too cheap and too easy to hit people

as for the akitteng ration users….it should be possible to trap someone who is standing still,

that should take care of all your complaints….if only anet would hurry up and get on it

Nop that wouldn’t solve anything. When I want to win instead of getting a lot of points, I use the standard technic you described : I hoard rations then camp in a remote section of the island waiting for people to starve.
Allowing ghost to trap me while I stand still won’t help stopping this kind of behavior because :

1) They still need to find me, which is pretty hard given the size of the map and all the possible hiding places.
2) Because you don’t scavenge anything and you’re far from any source of revenge mote, the ghost (if they are ever able to find you) won’t do you any harm without
motes.
3) People could hide in water where ghost can’t use their traps because they are ground targeted. Only ever setting foot on land to use a ration.

Love survival, but...

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

I don’t think they should remove the “summon NPC” skill, but I do think they should change the creature. A champion karka is just too overkill. Maybe a normal karka would suffice, or maybe karka hatchlings — heck even a reefdrake would do. Anything but champion karka.

NSPride <3

Love survival, but...

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Zi Yang.5387

Zi Yang.5387

No what we need is able to headshot these karkas.
We can headshot the sharks why not karkas?

Love survival, but...

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

A bit off topic but I have a question on the scavenged goods. I’ve managed to pickpocket trap someone who dropped a zillion items. But when I picked up a plank it replaced my arrow on the hotbar. So how do you -use- alternate items at need? I found myself not picking up more stuff when I had an arrow equipped because I didn’t want to lose my arrow skills.

More on topic, as someone that usually dies darn fast in the game, I can say that spawning on top of someone has done me no good whatsoever. I have no motes, and by the time I gather enough to fuel just one skill the player is gone. If I track down a living player to bedevil, other mists are all over him/her already so I still get almost no impact.

That’s just me sucking at PvP, though.

Love survival, but...

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

A bit off topic but I have a question on the scavenged goods. I’ve managed to pickpocket trap someone who dropped a zillion items. But when I picked up a plank it replaced my arrow on the hotbar. So how do you -use- alternate items at need? I found myself not picking up more stuff when I had an arrow equipped because I didn’t want to lose my arrow skills.

You either use the item or you drop it. That’s it.
You can’t put it in your pocket for later.

Love survival, but...

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: aeneq.1760

aeneq.1760

Hey the Karka and Torment traps are fine, however when it comes to things that has this much power (instagib) fair warning has to be made. For karka for instance maybe a ground shake to alert of its coming, that way even a karka+trap could be survivable (a good player would assume a trap as well and try to avoid)

Love survival, but...

in Cutthroat Politics

ZudetGambeous.9573

Hey the Karka and Torment traps are fine, however when it comes to things that has this much power (instagib) fair warning has to be made. For karka for instance maybe a ground shake to alert of its coming, that way even a karka+trap could be survivable (a good player would assume a trap as well and try to avoid)

The ground does shake… and there is a loud kakra spawning noise… and there is a 4 second warm-up animation before the attack

Kakra alone is pathetic.

Kakra + KD trap = insta death

Torment = unseeable and undodgable, only defense is to not move ever.

Love survival, but...

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: aeneq.1760

aeneq.1760

True, in some cases. I have seen Karka spawn directly, dont know if it depends on which phase the game is in or if its location.

For instance late in one game someone camped out in the boat, I ran off grabbed whats needed came back and spawned a karka inside the boat. It spawned directly without any warning…

Love survival, but...

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: pullnointer.1476

pullnointer.1476

just boot people who die into another game…… no point to this bs mechanic.

also can we get a trial arena and a proper arena without grace period as well?

Love survival, but...

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

All these QQers…do you people not know how to have fun without trying to win something?

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Love survival, but...

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: zerospin.8604

zerospin.8604

I would like to share the same opinion. It seems that being good and skilled at killing others just results in vengeful players.

The mechanics are PERFECT. Absolutely nothing needs to be changed.

So if you kill a lot of people, you wish to be somehow – rewarded? By getting special protection? But.. you killed a lot of people – that IS your reward, you got a load of points.

That is part of the fun and excitement, you killed someone and you know he is around, vengeful and trying to kill you. It’s creepy, spooky, even scary, since you can’t see them.

What about the player who died? Would you lock him in a cage on the other side of the island? Is he not frustrated? Shouldn’t he get a chance to get revenge?

If the dead players didn’t spawn on top of their killers, I bet you that all the people agreeing with OP in this topic, would create a topic asking for the mistforms to be spawned on top of their killers

Love survival, but...

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: nekodoken.5329

nekodoken.5329

So if you kill a lot of people, you wish to be somehow – rewarded? By getting special protection? But.. you killed a lot of people – that IS your reward, you got a load of points.

That is part of the fun and excitement, you killed someone and you know he is around, vengeful and trying to kill you. It’s creepy, spooky, even scary, since you can’t see them.

What about the player who died? Would you lock him in a cage on the other side of the island? Is he not frustrated? Shouldn’t he get a chance to get revenge?

If the dead players didn’t spawn on top of their killers, I bet you that all the people agreeing with OP in this topic, would create a topic asking for the mistforms to be spawned on top of their killers

COMPLETELY agree with you. I think the mechanics makes perfect sense because:

1. If you want to kill people for lots of points, you have to deal with the ramifications of vengeful spirits following you. But there are strategies to survive: kill away from supply camps where people scavenged and left motes enough for spawn karka, kill a bunch at the same spot so they fight for motes, learning to effectively dodge spawned karka, or learning to AVOID tight spots that are impossible to dodge where karkas are spawned on top of you.
2. If you want to kill people to get points, but you are not good at surviving all the mists that hate you, then you get killed and fade into the mist, now use your killer instinct to haunt more survivors and get more points. The same mist powers you complain about can be used against survivors, and give you more points!
3. If you enjoy killing and hate the people who hide (for no other reason than they’re just minding their business and you can’t?) use your skills and hide, trap, hunt them, while keeping in mind that you need to get more rations to outlast them. Finding them and killing them in a remote location means that they will have NO motes to get revenge on you before the game ends. There IS something you can do about this.
4. Lastly, if you do the standard scavenge, don’t kitten people off, and hide scenario, then you trade the potential of massive kill points for guaranteed 50 points as the last person standing, and a better chest.

I personally think this is very evenly balanced. Think about what you want out of this game (be it loot, achievement points, or simply just want your name at the top), think about it (or there’s lots of tips online!) and play accordingly. And of course there are always people who are better than you, or people who just kill for no reason, or bad players somehow getting lucky.

Just a last bit of anecdote: I was so confused by this game at the beginning. Watched a video some friendly player posted for tips on surviving, and now I aim to outlast players somewhere far off. But if I get killed early, I don’t mind. I trade headshots with people to get achievement or hang out with other mists to haunt down a jerk player

Bottom line is, and this applies to SO MANY things in this game: play how you want and enjoy it. If you don’t enjoy it, leave. If you feel like you’re forced to play this game for achievements, you are wrong; learn to enjoy playing for achievements, or leave and learn not to care about achievements. There’s really no point in getting yourself all worked up playing a game

Love survival, but...

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: tom.7468

tom.7468

Agree with you i was playing lots of survival yesterday and every time i killed someone they spawned on top of me and karkas coming out of nowhere sometimes their impossible to outrun if I’m behind a crate etc. I love it but please they spawn on top of you when they die fix that.

Love survival, but...

in Cutthroat Politics

nekodoken.5329

Okay for people who didn’t read my long post (apologies), I’ll just say this:

You use headshot to 1 shot KO a player crouching down, following you, trying to hunt you, caught not paying attention. You only need 1 arrow to make this happen. However if they got skills they position themselves so they can’t get hit, run away, or dodge your arrow.

So the people you kill come back as mist next to you. They become mists because YOU decide to kill them. They want to kill you too. They want to summon a karka to 1 shot KO you. while you crouch, not paying attention, or hide behind a tiny thing like a crate to hunt other players. They need 10 revenge motes to do this, and whether they have 10 available in the immediate vicinity depends entirely on WHERE you decided to killed them. If they do summon a karka, if you got skills you can position yourself so you don’t get hit, run, or dodge the karka.

And somehow the first situation (which is totally in your control) is fair, and the second (which is partially still under YOUR control) is not?

Love survival, but...

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: pullnointer.1476

pullnointer.1476

I would like to share the same opinion. It seems that being good and skilled at killing others just results in vengeful players.

yes, killing people should be a viable way to play this minigame right next to avoiding everything and just trying to survive. lol @ your argument tbh.

Love survival, but...

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: magic fly.2041

magic fly.2041

I really wish the ghost attacks were removed.

Minding my own business, on my way to a victory. Had enough supplies that i started thinking of hunting down some other people.
All of a sudden, I get knocked down, lose all my supplies and a karka spawns on me.
I escaped, but with 6 rations all gone, and no easy rations nearby except for the ones near the karka, it was game over.

All this from a dead player who i cannot see or dodge.
I am often more powerful dead than alive. How is this fair in any way?
I really want to play the survive and hunt game, but i am always either gathering food, or running from ghosts. Shouldn’t it be gathering food, and hunting/evading players?

Love survival, but...

in Cutthroat Politics

nekodoken.5329

I really wish the ghost attacks were removed.

Minding my own business, on my way to a victory. Had enough supplies that i started thinking of hunting down some other people.
All of a sudden, I get knocked down, lose all my supplies and a karka spawns on me.
I escaped, but with 6 rations all gone, and no easy rations nearby except for the ones near the karka, it was game over.

All this from a dead player who i cannot see or dodge.
I am often more powerful dead than alive. How is this fair in any way?
I really want to play the survive and hunt game, but i am always either gathering food, or running from ghosts. Shouldn’t it be gathering food, and hunting/evading players?

This game is 15 minutes, and I believe the mechanics of ghosts and revenge motes are in place to do 1) give everyone in the game something to do until the next round starts (think about the complaints of waiting at the finish of mad king tower, winter wonderland, sanctum sprint), and 2) end the game as soon as everyone is ready to move on (if you want to wait around, you wait; if you are sick of waiting, you kill survivors, which ends the game).

You probably would’ve won that game if you holed up somewhere. You wanted to kill someone so you got killed by being in a more populated area. Being more powerful dead isn’t unfair. It balances on the style of play. Hunting players are high risk because you need to worry about other players both alive and dead, but you get higher point rewards; hiding is lower risk, and you get the guaranteed 50 point for your wait.

I saw another thread with suggestions of using bigger maps, more players, ambient creatures to kill for food and armor, more hunting/evading, no ghost. I’d wholly support a game like that and will enjoy it, but that game is not the same as this game.

Love survival, but...

in Cutthroat Politics

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

I saw another thread with suggestions of using bigger maps, more players, ambient creatures to kill for food and armor, more hunting/evading, no ghost. I’d wholly support a game like that and will enjoy it, but that game is not the same as this game.

that would be another game mode.
if no ghosts, then killed players will checkout immediately and receive their wooden chests rewards.

but, grace period 5 minutes though.
so there will be at least a 5 minutes wait before people start getting their wooden chests rewards.

i’m sure everyone will be happy.

Love survival, but...

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Polaritie.4851

Polaritie.4851

At least Survival you can get the achievements for.

Love survival, but...

in Cutthroat Politics

magic fly.2041

This game is 15 minutes, and I believe the mechanics of ghosts and revenge motes are in place to do 1) give everyone in the game something to do until the next round starts (think about the complaints of waiting at the finish of mad king tower, winter wonderland, sanctum sprint), and 2) end the game as soon as everyone is ready to move on (if you want to wait around, you wait; if you are sick of waiting, you kill survivors, which ends the game).

You probably would’ve won that game if you holed up somewhere. You wanted to kill someone so you got killed by being in a more populated area. Being more powerful dead isn’t unfair. It balances on the style of play. Hunting players are high risk because you need to worry about other players both alive and dead, but you get higher point rewards; hiding is lower risk, and you get the guaranteed 50 point for your wait.

If the game is too long, then increasing how fast hunger stacks near the end would be ok.
Giving dead players the ability to kill without anyone being able to see them or fight back just breaks the game and puts it all up to luck and chance instead. Why should the dead players determine who wins?

If I died from going into a more populated area, I’d expect to see a player or two attacking me, and me fighting back amidst the crossfire, or me getting sniped by a lucky player. This was not populated. There was nobody around except me and a single stalker ghost who followed me from the start of the game after i killed him when he chased me.

I don’t mind dying from a high risk action. I don’t mind trying to figure out how to evade or chase a player, or trying to flush out a bunker hiding in some corner. If I lose, it will be my mistake, or their skill.

When there is no way to fight back and when there is no tactic I can use to stop them, that is when it is no longer fun. I suppose i could stop gathering for food and stop moving so they can’t collect orbs or spring traps, but starving isn’t a better option.

If it came down to a duel between two players, the winner would be determined by whose ghost stalkers have the most orbs, not the two players themselves. The players probably wouldn’t even find each other before they get squashed. The tension and excitement of keeping an eye on your back and watching for dangers while traveling is lost because you can’t see the ghost attacks coming.
Isn’t this supposed to be player vs player survival, not player vs randomly spawning karkas and traps?

An option to get your reward and go to a new game, or spectate instead would be much better than this.

Love survival, but...

in Cutthroat Politics

RyuDragnier.9476

Because apparently it has to be said again…

All these QQers…do you people not know how to have fun without trying to win something?

Really though, how is it not fun to get revenge on those who have killed you? If you think it’s not fun, you have no soul.

[hS]

Love survival, but...

in Cutthroat Politics

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

i think some people are just being … how you say it?
sore losers?

Love survival, but...

in Cutthroat Politics

RyuDragnier.9476

Most likely Deimos. I have fun, even in defeat in Southsun Survival. Then again, even when dead, you have fun with your many forms of revenge~

[hS]

Love survival, but...

in Cutthroat Politics

magic fly.2041

sore losers?

I’m not a sore loser. I’m a sore winner.
“Go away ghostie!”

All jokes aside though, the ghost form kind of encourages sore losers by letting them troll to their heart’s content if they lose.

Love survival, but...

in Cutthroat Politics

RyuDragnier.9476

sore losers?

I’m not a sore loser. I’m a sore winner.
“Go away ghostie!”

All jokes aside though, the ghost form kind of encourages sore losers by letting them troll to their heart’s content if they lose.

It also prevents needless whining from them because even when they’re dead, they’re not out of the game. You may need to be one of the first ones to lose more often so you’ll stop with this whining.

[hS]

Love survival, but...

in Cutthroat Politics

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

eh, by the way, is there a limit on the number of revenge motes one can have?

15 ?

i remembered in one game, i died at a camp, at the whole camp is full of blue shinies!

i grabbed them all and started laying torment traps at choke points.

fun round!

Love survival, but...

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Duke Nukem.6783

Duke Nukem.6783

Nop that wouldn’t solve anything. When I want to win instead of getting a lot of points, I use the standard technic you described : I hoard rations then camp in a remote section of the island waiting for people to starve.
Allowing ghost to trap me while I stand still won’t help stopping this kind of behavior because :

1) They still need to find me, which is pretty hard given the size of the map and all the possible hiding places.
2) Because you don’t scavenge anything and you’re far from any source of revenge mote, the ghost (if they are ever able to find you) won’t do you any harm without
motes.
3) People could hide in water where ghost can’t use their traps because they are ground targeted. Only ever setting foot on land to use a ration.

sounds to me like you dont want this change because you dont want them to counter you

1- they can easily find you it even starts telling people where you are on the minmap after a while and many people will follow you in ghost form before you get all of your rations

2- they should have motes before that, and if your standing still the ghosts should be able to hit you even if your standing still (another major change that is needed)

3- sitting in water means you have to come up sometimes for a ration and the ghosts can trap the shore in anticipation of this, very easy