in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Exosferatu.2961

Exosferatu.2961

1) Mr. E sent us messages during the Dragon Bash festival:

Before Ceremony and Acrimony

E

Council Threat

<Player name>,

You may not know me, but I know you. I’m calling upon you because you’re capable in the face of danger. If you consider yourself a force for good in this world, then I implore you to attend the Dragon Bash ceremony in Lion’s Arch. I’ve heard whispers about a threat to the Ship’s Council and, if left unchecked, to the city itself. I’d intervene myself, but circumstances prevent it.

I’d wish you luck, but luck is what fools and idiots require to stay alive. You, I believe, are neither.

I will surely contact you again,

—E

Before Hard Boiled

E

Seek out Marjory Delaqua

<Player name>,

The situation has worsened. One of the Lion’s Arch councillors, Theo Ashford, has succumbed to his wounds. The Lionguard is keeping the new quiet while the festival continues, but they’re overwhelmed trying to maintain security in the city. At this very moment, a killer walks free, and this cannot be allowed.

Go to Divinity’s Reach, to the Eastern Commons. There, in a back alley bar called the Dead End, you’ll find one of the best investigative minds in Tyria, Marjory Delaqua. She will need your help to find those behind the councillor’s death. Tell her E sent you. Work with her, sift through the clues, and solve the crime.

I will surely contact you again,

—E

Mail: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dragon_Bash_mail#Dragon_Bash:_Effigy_Ceremony

He claimed he heard ‘whispers,’ huh? Gnashblade was foreshadowing the assassination of Theo Ashford. Perhaps he has an affiliation with the Order of the Whispers.

At The Dead End bar, Video

Captain Logan Thackeray: Marjory Delaqua?
Marjory Delaqua: If it suits you.
Captain Logan Thackeray: It suits me just fine. I want to hire you. There’s been a murder. Lion’s Arch councillor Theo Ashford is dead, and I want to know who’s responsible.
Marjory Delaqua: Sounds like a job for the Lionguard. What’s got you piqued?
Captain Logan Thackeray: Between you and me, Ashford’s an old friend of the family. I want to make sure they find his killer.
Marjory Delaqua: I see. And you don’t trust the Lionguard.
Captain Logan Thackeray: Let’s just say I’m hedging my bets. The pay’s good. You in?
Marjory Delaqua: How can I say no to Captain Lo–
Captain Logan Thackeray: No names. I was never here.
Marjory Delaqua: Maybe not, but your money is. I’m in.
Captain Logan Thackeray: Lady Kasmeer. What are you doing in a place like this?

Logan Thackeray doesn’t trust the Lionguard, and what’s up with his reaction to Lady Kasmeer’s presence in The Dead End. My theory about Lady Kasmeer that she acts as an eye for Mr. E. Maybe Evon Gnashblade sent her to Maryjory Delaqua to meet your Character. Also she was present at the Southsun to see what really happened to Black Lion Trading Company’s competitor, the Consortium, and saw who refugees signed a contract for them to work in Southsun and never leave. Lady Kasmeer also oversaw the investigation on Theo Ashford’s murder. Kasmeer is maybe a member of Order of the Whispers. If Mr. E is indeed Evon Gnashblade then he has good intentions.

The Consortium: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awTiVt2zum4

Speaking to Marjory
You’re showing an unnatural and unhealthy interest in my business. Is there something I can do for you?
> E sent me to help. (Player’s reply)
Is that so? I shouldn’t be surprised. This isn’t the first time he’s provided what I needed before I even knew I needed it.

2) Scarlet is Ellen Kiel. Kiel knew her way around Aetherblade Retreat… hmmm and she knew how to operate those Inquest control panel. Mind you, everything about Thaumanova Reactor is Inquest, The Aetherblade Pirates are quite friendly with the awry Asura. If Ellen was fortunate to win the position: “I’ll support important Fractals of the Mists research into the Thaumanova Reactor explosion by the end of the year.”

During the cinematic at Aetherblade Retreat

Mai Trin: This has all gone to crud. Scarlet’s gonna have my noggin for screwing up.

Kiel did not fight Frizz and Mai Trin. Kiel was so eager to blow —no, exterminate the fleeing airship along with its crew as well.
If time remains before the Aethership escapes
Inspector Ellen Kiel: I’m itching to blow that escaping airship out of the sky. Any ideas how to do that?
What’s in that airship anyway?

(edited by Exosferatu.2961)

Mr. E is Evon & Scarlet is Ellen

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Lucky.9421

Lucky.9421

*clap* *clap* *clap*

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Risingashes.8694

Risingashes.8694

It all fits together.

Kiel likely financed her terrorist organisation with the money she made by scamming honest citizens with her Southsun Supply Crates, and her under-the-table payoff from the layabouts trying to walk out on their obligations to the Consortium.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Shaez.5762

Shaez.5762

You have a point. Can you answer how Lady Kasmeer is into this?

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Exosferatu.2961

Exosferatu.2961

My theory about Lady Kasmeer that she acts as an eye for Mr. E. Maybe Evon Gnashblade sent her to Maryjory Delaqua to meet your Character. Also she was present at the Southsun to see what really happened to Black Lion Trading Company’s competitor, the Consortium. Lady Kasmeer also oversaw the investigation on Theo Ashford’s murder.

An Arena Net developer said that the Consortium trading company does not apply tariffs, on the other hand, Black Lion Trading Company requires us to pay for each transaction.

Both Mr. E and Scarlet wanted to open a spot for Ship Council.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Coldin.2840

Coldin.2840

I think there’s way too much speculation that “Mr. E” is in fact Evon, when the name “Mr. E” is clearly just a big pun.

I think it’s just as likely that whoever Mr. E is, their name does not begin with E at all.

Coldin – Thief – Sanctum of Rall

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Fafnir.5124

Fafnir.5124

Isn’t she a member of order of wispers?

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Tinni.4351

Tinni.4351

You know, it was highly suspicious the Kiel didn’t fight during Aetherblade dungeon. Rox and Braham always fought! But not Kiel, she’s always outside, safe and sound… can we really trust Kiel? I say, we don’t take the risk and vote into power the real charr of the people!

#teamgnashblade FTW!!!!

My brain is shagging under the weight of changes… having six characters was not a good idea!

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: SpeedFiend.4521

SpeedFiend.4521

So, if Kiel wants to research Inquest stuff because she’s buddies with them…
Evon Gnashblade is secretly a cultist of Abaddon? Just when I thought there was no way he could have my vote more. Vote Gnashblade, be on the right side when the coming darkness swallows us all.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: zityz.6089

zityz.6089

Hmm I’ll probably vote Kiel if this is all true, because I want to see how this all goes down. It sounds like it’s going to be good.

Vote Kiel to watch the world burn hahaha. Or vote Evon because for a Charr, he’s a snappy dresser.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Alleluia.1320

Alleluia.1320

I think it’d be cool if Evon was Mr. E. In a manner of speaking, he does have experience providing ppl with things “they need before they know they need them”.

Not ready to call Ellen “Scarlet”. Though, being in league with the Inquest would explain just how she has the ability to lower waypoint costs. To do so, she has to get the asuran Arcane Council to do it, since the waypoints are their property from what I understand. And the Inquest is a powerbroker on the Arcane Council. Their guy is the one who breaks the voting gridlock on things. So, she might very well need the Inquest’s ok to get that done…

(Or the devs were just trying to even out the perks to not give one character an unfair advantage. Also, a possibility. lol)

(edited by Alleluia.1320)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Igneel.2618

Igneel.2618

I don’t trust the Lionguards, like Logan said.
So I don’t trust Kiel.
She is our nemesis, I’m telling you!

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: DoctorOverlord.8620

DoctorOverlord.8620

Thanks for posting this interesting theory. Some of us were unable to see the Aetherblade Retreat cinematics because of the dungeon’s difficulty and limited duration of availability. I would not have known that there were significant clues for the storyline in that cinematic if you had not posted this, now I’ll make sure to check out youtube vids of it.

Hardly the best way to see what was intended to be part of a dramatic story, but at least I’ll have the info.

Check my GW2 Comic Dynamic Events http://goo.gl/JyB3J (Short Google Link to Fan Content Forum here)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

I missed the part of about us having a nemesis. Was that Molten Facility or F&F cuz I kinda missed out on that arc? Can someone fill me in on our nemesis plz?

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: yandere.9176

yandere.9176

I have to say I was pretty disapointed in the Living Story in terms of story so far. But when your theorie is right, I would say I was pretty well planed out.

I always found it disapointing the Evon just pops up and is the second canidate. But if Evon is Mr. E, he would have had in awesome introduction.

Also I am hoping that Scarlet is someone who is already known, and not someone new. It that is really Ellen Scarlet Kiel now again Captain of an Aehterblade Ship that would be plain awesome.

At least my head canon works that way until something more awesome shoudl happen.

Desolation – Mistress of significance level

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Uden Reavstone.3426

Uden Reavstone.3426

E is not Evon. Look at my Who is E? topic, and you’ll know how I know this.

“Blue team for life.”
“They can’t see me. I can’t see them.”
Michael J. Caboose ~ RvB

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Tamashi.5647

Tamashi.5647

I love your idea! Hope it becomes true.
P.S. If you speak to Evon, he says that he and player met before. Can someone tell me if I missed something,or could it be a hint to his letters as Mr.E?

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: wulfsbane.6539

wulfsbane.6539

OHMYGAWD

If that actually ends up being true that would be awesome!

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Meriem.3504

Meriem.3504

If this were true the story would be finally improving!

in Cutthroat Politics

Coldin.2840

You know, if you’re going to tell people to look at your thread, it would help if you provided a link to that thread.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Nightarch.2943

Nightarch.2943

I know that Trahearne is a manipulative Lich and seeks to destroy the protectors of Tyria but you don’t hear me preaching. Never mind >.> move along, move along.

Guild Wars 2 is not a sequel to the original Guild Wars but merely an alternative story setting.

in Cutthroat Politics

Alleluia.1320

I missed the part of about us having a nemesis. Was that Molten Facility or F&F cuz I kinda missed out on that arc? Can someone fill me in on our nemesis plz?

It was confirmed on reddit or in an interview or something that we would have a personal nemesis in the living story. One of the devs used the pronoun “she” purposefully, though that’s not an absolute guarantee its a woman. But then you have a dredge imprisoned after the events of Frost & Flame who tells you it was a woman who convinced the Molten Alliance to work together. And now this “Scarlett” is the power behind the Aetherblades. So most ppl are assuming this female puppetmaster behind the scenes is the nemesis the devs mentioned.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: keenlam.4753

keenlam.4753

I really hope your version of the story is true. Lots of plot twists.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Rance Webster.2635

Rance Webster.2635

Now, that is something I want! that would make me choosing Evon all the more enjoyable.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Latorn.4209

Latorn.4209

This may have just shifted my vote to Evon, the only real reason I was going to vote for Kiel in the first place was because Magnus supported her, and I like that guy XD

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Nightarch.2943

Nightarch.2943

Kiel is hiding something, she has a violent side, a side in which she does well by hiding through false words. She has lustful murder in her eyes, the cold fury that would make the hair on a charr rise locking them in a fearful paralysis state. Also she looks like the older vision of Arya Stark.

Attachments:

Guild Wars 2 is not a sequel to the original Guild Wars but merely an alternative story setting.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: keenlam.4753

keenlam.4753

She does look kinda scary in the poster. But everyone has a dark side I guess.

in Cutthroat Politics

Coldin.2840

Kiel is an intense person, but she had to be if she wanted to be taken seriously as an inspector. Doesn’t mean she’s evil. Just tough. I imagine being on a pirate council requires a bit of toughness.

(Not like that Evon. I bet he’ll cave at the slightest threat to his life.)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Lord Trejgon.2809

Lord Trejgon.2809

I love your idea! Hope it becomes true.
P.S. If you speak to Evon, he says that he and player met before. Can someone tell me if I missed something,or could it be a hint to his letters as Mr.E?

You have met him in Black lion HQ

btw. I always thought that “E” was from “Ellen”
(but also I have problem with mails – i received that one that “e sends me” after talking with marjory )

and about that nemesis…
who told that couldnt be Kasmeer? :P she is also little shady about herself

but from mine experience…..
that would be something like that: there is somebody we don’t know yet who is that “nemesis” and that person is making all the thing in that way it could look that was Kiel.
I don’t know if that “scarlet” is first time mentioned in AR but that is a possibility that Kiel earlier infiltrated Aetherblades (after Mai trin escape) as “Scarlet” and that also would answer many of this questions

and with that waypoints… as a member of captains council she could negotiate that with asuran high council
maybe that lower prize of wp’s would be asuran part of a deal in exchange for financing researches about thaumanova reactor?

“-Shield is meant to be broken!”
“-and on this occasion I keep mine plate armors”
discussion about offensive/deffensive playstyles

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Aidendale.4178

Aidendale.4178

This is an excellent theory. Bump for further discussion.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

Kiel is hiding something, she has a violent side, a side in which she does well by hiding through false words. She has lustful murder in her eyes, the cold fury that would make the hair on a charr rise locking them in a fearful paralysis state. Also she looks like the older vision of Arya Stark.

Ellen Kiel’s favorite knock knock joke:

Ellen: Knock, knock!
Unsuspecting Victim: Who’s there?
Ellen: Ka!
Unsuspecting Victim: Ka who?
Ellen: Ka BOOM!

Attachments:

The table is a fable.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Celtus.8456

Celtus.8456

If true, all these months of living story might end up being not terrible after all.

Josre
Zulu Ox Tactics [zulu]

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Eluveitie.1290

Eluveitie.1290

1) Logan is surprised to see Lady Kasmeer in The Dead End bar because she was a high class lady, whom wouldn’t be in such place at all.

2) Marjory would’ve noticed it was a big kitten Charr coming from behind her in her story or recognized the paws when he covered her mouth. Neither happened.

3) Anyone can manipulate the Asura panels, even us.

4) Evon doesn’t have ANY reason to be concerned about the dark foces at play in Divinity’s Reach & world. His personality doesn’t really fit saving the world, but saving himself.

I don’t believe this theory will come true at all.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

I’m pretty sure I heard somewhere Evon Gnashblade is a former Ash Legion, which would explain a lot if he is Mr. E.

Also remember the “personal nemesis” was introduced in Southsun Cove. We don’t know her exact identity, but we do know she’s a lady from Lion’s Arch, and that she was in the Southsun chapter. This leaves either Kasmeer or Ellen Kiel.

I was suspicious at first because Kasmeer as an Unshakeable buff and a “Legendary” Health Bar, but the fact Logan mistrusts the Lion Guard and says he has “a theory” really makes Ellen Kiel more suspicious.

(edited by Kain Francois.4328)

in Cutthroat Politics

Alleluia.1320

It said he’s ash legion in his story. My hope he’s Mr. E has gone up quite a bit.

Still don’t think Kiel is evil, though. Someone else is Scarlet.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: awesomesauce.5980

awesomesauce.5980

1) Logan is surprised to see Lady Kasmeer in The Dead End bar because she was a high class lady, whom wouldn’t be in such place at all.

2) Marjory would’ve noticed it was a big kitten Charr coming from behind her in her story or recognized the paws when he covered her mouth. Neither happened.

3) Anyone can manipulate the Asura panels, even us.

4) Evon doesn’t have ANY reason to be concerned about the dark foces at play in Divinity’s Reach & world. His personality doesn’t really fit saving the world, but saving himself.

I don’t believe this theory will come true at all.

I don’t think E is Evon either simply because Evon is a major character now. They want E to be a mystery, so the obvious candidates (anyone featured in the Living Story so far or with an obvious invested interest in the Living Story) is unlikely. It’s more than likely someone we haven’t met yet, or someone who was less prominently featured so far.

As far as Evon’s interests goes, as one of the most powerful traders in Tyria, he should have connections and an invested interest in everything in Tyria. He has a reason to be involved with everyone and anyone. I don’t buy " Evon doesn’t have ANY reason to be concerned about the dark foces at play in Divinity’s Reach & world.". Trading in the human capital is a big deal to Evon. If whatever is going on there involves the nobility (Kasmeer), the Ministry and possibly even the Queen, it’s very important to Evon.

If it’s true that the nemesis is female, I suspect it will be Scarlet (so they can have their lame “she was behind it all along” moment). I doubt they’d make it Kiel because that would make her interesting, and they’ve gone out of their way to make Kiel as boring as possible, but also because we have a say over Kiel’s future. I don’t think they’d allow us to determine a significant part of a major character’s future like that. E and Scarlet both appear to be prominent story characters that will become more important after the election. Having an election which leaves their possible futures up in the air is too messy. I suspect both Evon and Kiel will become supporting character in the near future simply because any strict plans relating to them would be too messy to plan ahead without knowing the outcome of the election. Scarlet and E are both tied into the story as it progresses and can’t be characters with uncertain futures (imo).

It’s too neat for the two candidates to be both the hidden hero and the hidden villain (it’s also too neat for the hidden villain to be the most obvious hero and the hidden hero to be the most obvious villain). They want it to be a mystery, the easiest way to do that is to not draw attention to the real character. I doubt we’ve met E or Scarlet yet, or if we have, they did absolutely nothing to draw attention to themselves or their secret identity and we have no reason to suspect who they really are.

(edited by awesomesauce.5980)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

this is fantastic. i will say off the bat that the Evon that we DO know, doesn’t seem to fit the tone and words of the letters from Mr. E. though i will not write that off just yet. it’s an interesting theory and seemingly fit together.

there is something about Ellen Kiel i just don’t trust. i did work my butt off for her, mainly because on paper, she was doing good. at that those moments, those were our calling (well, ANet wanted us to do them really lol) but if there is more to that? only time will tell.

godo stuff and sparked my interest with living story more so. will ahve to keep keeping a closer eye on future updates now.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

Also she looks like the older vision of Arya Stark.

You know this part works against Evon, since Arya is a kitten, thank god Kiel is a worthless piece of kitten with a kitten y model and just fancy art (just like kormir and to a degree the mighty saladmancer who looks actually interesting now by comparsion…), not a killer serving Grenth.

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Silicato.4603

Silicato.4603

I have learned to see GW2 history as it is, no as I expect it to be, with twists and all of that.

To me is clear:
Evon= assassin, lier, thief
Kiel=heroine, honest, modest

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

It all fits together.

Kiel likely financed her terrorist organisation with the money she made by scamming honest citizens with her Southsun Supply Crates, and her under-the-table payoff from the layabouts trying to walk out on their obligations to the Consortium.

Now ofc what we don’t yet know is that Gnashblade and Kiel are 100% working together. They don’t actually care who wins the vote at all.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Highwinter.3190

Highwinter.3190

It would be great if Evon is Mr.E, it would be a fairly interesting twist and it somewhat fits with what we learned about his past in the short story.

Kiel almost definitely isn’t Scarlet though. She’s obviously being portrayed as the goody-toe-shoes hero and nothing about her has even hinted that there might be more going on. I do hope they flesh out her character a bit more if she gets the seat on the council, but making her outright evil wouldn’t really be good development for her or make sense in terms of the lore.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: FateOmega.9601

FateOmega.9601

Why do people like to overthink such a simple plot line?

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

I have always been a bit suspicious of Kiel, she seems too goody goody to be true, but also a bit devious under the right circumstances.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Silicato.4603

Silicato.4603

Why do people like to overthink such a simple plot line?

agree 100%

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Cyan.6904

Cyan.6904

This is a excellent read. More, more, more!

Cyan Graceland — Elementalist
The Knights Temple [TKT] — Aurora Glade

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: frostyraziel.1854

frostyraziel.1854

But wasn’t Mr. E helping us? Also why didn’t Frizz and the other pirates recognize her? Yeah the story kind of makes sense but so does a lot of conspiracy theories. Kiel spend most of the time in Southsun and it could have been hard for her to cooperate with the rest of the sky pirates.
In my opinion Scarlet is an inquest asura.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Everyone knows that Mr. E is a level 80 Mohawk, not a level 101 Con Artist. Si it can’t be Evon.

And “scarlet” is a shade or red. And who wears red? The inquest. So Scarlet must be a member of the inquest, the one providing them with all those gadgets to test.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Vayra.3290

Vayra.3290

I doubt Mr E is Evon or Ellen. It is just a play on the word ‘Mystery’.

As for Scarlet, pretty sure that’s a member of the inquest, what with their theme being red and all.

The Unnamed[ThUn] – Desolation
Vayra – Elementalist
Forkrul Assail – Mesmer

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: TheGentleEnemy.2875

TheGentleEnemy.2875

So, if Kiel wants to research Inquest stuff because she’s buddies with them…
Evon Gnashblade is secretly a cultist of Abaddon? Just when I thought there was no way he could have my vote more. Vote Gnashblade, be on the right side when the coming darkness swallows us all.

Considering he might have ties with the Order of Whispers, then now think about how the OdW might have origninated…. I mean, the stuff with Abaddon being the God of Secrets….

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Thatguy.2034

Thatguy.2034

Here is what I think. Abaddon escaped and no one noticed, he still lives, but has taken the form of.. drum roll…. EVON GNASHBLADE!
So if you want to see the world burn and then have fun stopping it VOTE EVON