Thaumanova Reactor Explosion

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: inazuma.7021

inazuma.7021

Who cares about some silly human “god” and their melodramas?

We must know what happened at Black Mesa… er, the Thaumanova Reactor! This is an environmental disaster that bears investigation. Those Inquest bookah were up to something shady (as usual), and any Asura worth his or her genius certification should be dying to research this recent historical event!

Vote for Ellen Kiel, for the sake of Asuran research. For science! For the Eternal Alchemy!

This ad paid for the by “Citizens of Rata Sum for Kiel.”

#TeamKiel

Vhaewyn – Level 80 Sylvari Ranger
Dakka Warforge- Level 80 Charr Engineer
Xairro – Level 80 Asura Revenant

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

Who cares about explosions and Asura problems, stuff explodes one after the other, it’s nothing new in the Asura society, just wait and a new one will occur soon enough again.

Many centuries have passed since Abaddon was defeated. We must go back to the past to see what truly happend, there might be clues about the gods disappearing as well! And if it is the very first fall of Abaddon, we might be able to ask the other gods themselves about the Elder Dragons!

#VoteEvonGnashblade

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

Inspector Kiel has claimed all the riches and media attention after what happened in Southsun and during Dragon Bash. But we all know she wasn’t the only one who contributed to the cause, but she’s claiming most if not all of the credit.

I can’t stand idly by while this disgusting politician tries to the lie to the top.

Evon Gnashbalde is ruthless, yes. But he gets the job done with no bullkitten. And that’s what we need on the council.

#VoteEvonGnashblade

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Inspector Kiel has claimed all the riches and media attention after what happened in Southsun and during Dragon Bash. But we all know she wasn’t the only one who contributed to the cause, but she’s claiming most if not all of the credit.

I can’t stand idly by while this disgusting politician tries to the lie to the top.

Evon Gnashbalde is ruthless, yes. But he gets the job done with no bullkitten. And that’s what we need on the council.

#VoteEvonGnashblade

And you don’t think Evon wouldn’t have taken the glory/spotlight?

#VoteKiel

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: SkylightMoon.1980

SkylightMoon.1980

Who cares about explosions and Asura problems, stuff explodes one after the other, it’s nothing new in the Asura society, just wait and a new one will occur soon enough again.

Many centuries have passed since Abaddon was defeated. We must go back to the past to see what truly happend, there might be clues about the gods disappearing as well! And if it is the very first fall of Abaddon, we might be able to ask the other gods themselves about the Elder Dragons!

#VoteEvonGnashblade

WE KNOW WHAT HAPPENED THO! We barely know anything about the reality-altering effects that took place at the Thaumanova reactor!! Jeez you char supporters dont think!! #TEAM KIEL!!!!

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Gandarel.5091

Gandarel.5091

#VoteEvonGnashblade

WE KNOW WHAT HAPPENED THO! We barely know anything about the reality-altering effects that took place at the Thaumanova reactor!! Jeez you char supporters dont think!! #TEAM KIEL!!!!

I’l tell you. It exploded because of Inquest. That1s all. Soooo excitiiiiing. Waaays better than a fight between Gods

A FIGHT BETWEEN GODS OMG!!

#EVON kittenIN GNASHBLADE

Captain Deutschland, Ozzy The Insane, Hanz Limbchewer – r40+ mes/nec/engi Desolation
Fear The Crazy [Huns]

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Ney Matogrosso.5736

Ney Matogrosso.5736

Lol, do you really care about Abbadon? I’ll tell you something about him, Abbadon give the power of magic to humans that made a Hell in Tyria and he was defeated by Kormir and so, do you really want to know what happened go play GW1… XD
I want the reactor…
#KIELFTW #TEAMKIEL

in Cutthroat Politics

inazuma.7021

You call RNG boxes no bullkitten? Bookah! Gnashblade is a con artist and you fell for his act! Kiel truly cares about the citizens of Lion’s Arch and has put her life on the line for them repeatedly!

#TeamKiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

Kiel is Kormir’s great grand-daughter!

#TeamGnashblade

#TeamJadeQuarry

in Cutthroat Politics

Gandarel.5091

Lol, do you really care about Abbadon? I’ll tell you something about him, Abbadon give the power of magic to humans that made a Hell in Tyria and he was defeated by Kormir and so, do you really want to know what happened go play GW1… XD
I want the reactor…
#KIELFTW #TEAMKIEL

If it is about where the gods fight each other before GW1, then your arguement is invalid.

Captain Deutschland, Ozzy The Insane, Hanz Limbchewer – r40+ mes/nec/engi Desolation
Fear The Crazy [Huns]

in Cutthroat Politics

Ney Matogrosso.5736

Kiel is Kormir’s great grand-daughter!

#TeamGnashblade

K, you can vote and ask her What happened to Abbadon?

ps.: This election will be awesome ^^

#TeamKiel #KielFTW

in Cutthroat Politics

Vol.5241

You call RNG boxes no bullkitten? Bookah! Gnashblade is a con artist and you fell for his act! Kiel truly cares about the citizens of Lion’s Arch and has put her life on the line for them repeatedly!

#TeamKiel

SLANDER!

[Permabanned on Forums]

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

#VoteEvonGnashblade

I’l tell you. It exploded because of Inquest. That1s all. Soooo excitiiiiing. Waaays better than a fight between Gods

So 5 gods ganged up on 1 god. “That1s all. Soooo much more excitiiiiing…”

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

1 out of 5 Tyrians is interested in human gods.

5 out of 5 Tyrians visit the Thaumanova Reactor every day to clean it up.

#TeamKiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Gandarel.5091

#VoteEvonGnashblade

So 5 gods ganged up on 1 god. “That1s all. Soooo much more excitiiiiing…”

Since we’ve never seen the gods in-game but you can visit your reactor anytime, it’s ways more exciting, yeah.

Fear The Crazy [Huns]

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

“When the reactor blew, the world’s fabric turned inside out. Some things will never be the same.”

Who can forget that visibly shaken asura telling us not to trust our own minds? I’m wondering if there is a tie-in with the Uncategorized Fractal….

Raving Asura: “(manic screaming)”
Raving Asura: “All of us! Abandoned! You aren’t real. You can’t be here.”

This is the story I want to see!

Fall of Abaddon is so 7 years ago.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Mathog.3157

Mathog.3157

1 out of 5 Tyrians is interested in human gods.

5 out of 5 Tyrians visit the Thaumanova Reactor every day to clean it up.

#TeamKiel

I have much more interesing things to do than cleaning up somebody’s mess.
#TeamGnashblade

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Expiatus.4210

Expiatus.4210

Why no third party! QUAGGAN FOR COUNCIL!!!!

#TeamQuagganluvsU

Anvil Rock – Out manned, out gunned and no repair costs, so Leeroy up and dive in.
See you in Tyria.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Coldin.2840

Coldin.2840

I would really like to know what happened at the Reactor. Especially because a few conversations by the inquest sounds like they really don’t know either.

Coldin – Thief – Sanctum of Rall

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Necrid.2705

Necrid.2705

Everyone does realize that if Keil wins, the Cheaper Waypoints is only temporary, right?

Vote Evon, Fall of Abbaddon, if you want Thermanova, go to Metrica Province, it’s already there.

— Necrid — Ehmry Bay — [TML]/[oG] — Charrdian Main — All Classes
— [Twitch] twitch.tv/necrid2705 — [GW-EN] gw-en.com “Necrid and Chill”

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

If you want to hear about the Fall of Abbaddon you have GW1 and Orr.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

in Cutthroat Politics

Ney Matogrosso.5736

Everyone does realize that if Keil wins, the Cheaper Waypoints is only temporary, right?

Vote Evon, Fall of Abbaddon, if you want Thermanova, go to Metrica Province, it’s already there.

Well, if you want to see “The fall of Abbadon” you can play GW1 the Nightfall campain is about it….

Another Thing, The Ultimate Legion Guild will launch her own candidate to the Capitains Council of Lions Arch, “Treze” our necromancer will show your ideas to a better Tyria, details at Lions Arch over the weekend, server Sanctum of Rall …

#TeamTreze

in Cutthroat Politics

inazuma.7021

#TeamKiel

SLANDER!

It’s not slander when it’s true. ;P

in Cutthroat Politics

inazuma.7021

Why no third party! QUAGGAN FOR COUNCIL!!!!

#TeamQuagganluvsU

A Quaggan would win the election easily. Anet wants this to be a challenge.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Well, if you want to see “The fall of Abbadon” you can play GW1 the Nightfall campain is about it….

Actually as far as we know the “Fall of Abaddon” might refer to his actual fall, rather than his death.
His fall was in a battle with the other gods long before GW1.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Roo.2037

Roo.2037

Failed Asuran experiment #86235826358765, oh how exciting. Paired with a temporary cost reduction of waypoint travel, which is already cheap. Don’t let the RNG hate blind you, vote for Evon!

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Jappa.8597

Jappa.8597

#CharrInCharrge

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Acidicore.3264

Acidicore.3264

For all we know, it could be just someone pushing over a statue of Abbadon and that’s it. The discount we’ll see from Evon already occurs, and he’s still lining his pockets and not yours. Evon is a crude, uncaring businessman who caters to the 1% of Tyria, he couldn’t care less about everyone else. Since everyone else is mudslinging without any proof against Kiel, it only seems fair to paint Evon in a bad light.

Evon supports the slavery of children to be sold as devious delights, of which he takes a sizable cut and has been known to murder aspiring heroes so he can take the copper from their graves. Evon sold his own family for a single porous bone and even stated that “was more than their worth anyways”. Evon has been seen gallivanting with centaurs, the inquest, nightmare court, sons of svanir and the flame legion and even threw a party in honor of Zhaitan for taking over Claw Island.

Is this the type of individual we want for the Captain’s Council, a bookah who’s willing to go to any means, to turn even the smallest profit? I think not! Vote for Captain Kiel! Let’s rewrite the past and fix the mistakes of the inquest! The fall of abbadon is a fixed point in our history, don’t let Evon tempt you with promises of coin and glory, he’s the only one who’ll make any money from our efforts!

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: LumAnth.5124

LumAnth.5124

As much as I love GW1 Lore and the game itself, I vote Kiel.

They’ll probably retcon a whole bunch of things in the Abaddon’s Fall anyway, and boom goes the Lore I once knew.

I’d rather experience something we don’t have a lot of prior knowledge to. That way, no retcons and a different story.

Sorry for the typos….
I’m usually typing on my phone

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Louveepine.7630

Louveepine.7630

Kiel also has my support …

Although I’m curious to see Abbadon, the reactor should be seen and understand or had defects, and if enqueste blew it!

# Asura because I’m worth it!

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Blazing Rathalos.1904

Blazing Rathalos.1904

Since the entire area is implied to be some magical version of radioactive, I do hope the fractal ends with an impressive, blinding explosion.

Then again, I’m not Arenanet, and everything in
the above post could be complete and utter nonsense.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Elshagan.6342

Elshagan.6342

#TeamGnashblade

What people are missing here is Kiel is a puppet, she is of the Lionguard and there for already owe her allegiance to the Captain’s Council.

Now Evon on the other hand, He’s the head of the Black Lion Trading Market. That would also including the Trading Post, just so you know who’ll sabotage your TP sales if you don’t vote for him.

Kiel, has been taking credit from us for far too long. South Sun, than Dragon Bash, n latest the Aetherblade Investigation.

Evon, he’s merchant most likely the richest merchant in Tyria. Not only that he’s a cutthroat merchant who won’t stop at anything to secure safe trading on the Trading Post or safe purchases from the Black Lion Trading Market for his costumers!

Kiel got no right to be able to lower Waypoint Costs, for the Waypoints fall under ownership of the Asuran Council, which means her promise of cheaper costs can be seen as false for has anyone heard word from the Asuras on this matter?

Thaumanova Reactor is purely Asuran business, same with Abbadon being a Human god, we Charr got no love for the humans nor their gods! Nor does the disaster of unstable Asuran reactors concern us either! Evon change your promise from Fall of Abbadon to “Fall of Ascalon” n you’ll have the vote of every Charr!

#TeamGnashblade

Ezrael Curzeblood: 80 Necro
Januk Monkeydoodle: 80 Engi
Knowledge is your friend: 1 of every class for sPvP except Ele.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Azoqu.8917

Azoqu.8917

Evon change your promise from Fall of Abbadon to “Fall of Ascalon” n you’ll have the vote of every Charr!

You do know that the Ascalon fractal is the fall of Ascalon right? When you are getting ported out you hear that a giant energy surge is incoming and that is 100% the foefire.

in Cutthroat Politics

lordkrall.7241

You do know that the Ascalon fractal is the fall of Ascalon right? When you are getting ported out you hear that a giant energy surge is incoming and that is 100% the foefire.

Actually no.
It is an alternate version of the Searing (which on the other hand is the real fall of Ascalon, since Ascalon was already more or less fallen when the Foefire took place)

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: CuRtoKy.8576

CuRtoKy.8576

Voting for Evon is a vote for the benefit of the few.

1. Evon is a Charr and they are responsible for the destruction of multiple human civilizations. More important due to the Charr’s actions we lost historical knowledge and understand of Orr, the gods, and its secrets. The Charr invasion led to the sinking of Orr by Vizier Khilbron. This helped grow Zhaitan’s army of undead that led to the countless death of Pact forces during our invasion of Orr to reclaim it. To be honest, it was a pain going through waves and waves of undead namely Arah where we seek ancient knowledge. If it wasn’t for the Charr, Pact forces would have a much easier time against Zhaitan, Zhaitan’s army would be much smaller, and we would still have some knowledge and understand of various ancient Orrian artifacts to use against the Elder Dragons. Don’t trust Evon for a second on his research into Abaddon, in fact Charrs are the reason we don’t know much about Orr and the actual gods.

2. Evon is the owner of Black Lion. He is the same person taking a cut from every sell order you place on the market. On top of that Black Lion is where people “flip” items on a daily basis and this affects people who don’t have a lot of gold. Prices of goods are raising, people losing money on patch days (buy orders → t6 dust), and speculation of goods. In the end, Evon gets 15% from everything that is sold from the Black Lion Trading Post and the rich get richer. The keys are a lie since the only ones that benefit from it are the ones with a lot of money to buy a lot to get contracts and Evon himself. Noticed gem conversion isn’t 1:1, just because 100 gems cost 3g 20s doesn’t mean selling 100 gems give you that much. Evon takes a BIG cut. He cannot be trusted. Waypoint discount benefits everyone unlike keys.

3. Research into the Thaumanova Reactor will help us understand more about the Asurans. Thaumanova Reactor was once a city. Why was it abandoned? Is this related to the fractal where you see something that looks like Rata Sum? When was the city created? For what purpose? The city seems massive so it would be interesting to know more about this. At the same time, knowing about the Inquest will help us in the present by knowing what they might be up to (Aetherblade) and it will help us against the Elder Dragons by understanding what the Inquest may or may not know.

As you can see a vote for Kiel is a vote for a brighter future. She is the one out there trying to solve problems and stop our enemies. Evon is just sitting on the sidelines profiting off of the work of others.

#TeamKiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Lily.1935

Lily.1935

Um. no. Nightfall was my favorite Story arch of the first game. And it was EPIC beyond anything GW2 has done! Not only that, the music for that whole expansion was just unbelievable. And to fight against the Margonites again? YES! Maybe they will even use the weapons of the past such as scythes and throwing spears.
And lets not forget the slashed Black lion prices.

#Vote Evon Gnashblade

in Cutthroat Politics

Vol.5241

Voting for Evon is a vote for the benefit of the few.

1. Evon is a Charr and they are responsible for the destruction of multiple human civilizations. More important due to the Charr’s actions we lost historical knowledge and understand of Orr, the gods, and its secrets. The Charr invasion led to the sinking of Orr by Vizier Khilbron. This helped grow Zhaitan’s army of undead that led to the countless death of Pact forces during our invasion of Orr to reclaim it. To be honest, it was a pain going through waves and waves of undead namely Arah where we seek ancient knowledge. If it wasn’t for the Charr, Pact forces would have a much easier time against Zhaitan, Zhaitan’s army would be much smaller, and we would still have some knowledge and understand of various ancient Orrian artifacts to use against the Elder Dragons. Don’t trust Evon for a second on his research into Abaddon, in fact Charrs are the reason we don’t know much about Orr and the actual gods.

2. Evon is the owner of Black Lion. He is the same person taking a cut from every sell order you place on the market. On top of that Black Lion is where people “flip” items on a daily basis and this affects people who don’t have a lot of gold. Prices of goods are raising, people losing money on patch days (buy orders -> t6 dust), and speculation of goods. In the end, Evon gets 15% from everything that is sold from the Black Lion Trading Post and the rich get richer. The keys are a lie since the only ones that benefit from it are the ones with a lot of money to buy a lot to get contracts and Evon himself. Noticed gem conversion isn’t 1:1, just because 100 gems cost 3g 20s doesn’t mean selling 100 gems give you that much. Evon takes a BIG cut. He cannot be trusted. Waypoint discount benefits everyone unlike keys.

3. Research into the Thaumanova Reactor will help us understand more about the Asurans. Thaumanova Reactor was once a city. Why was it abandoned? Is this related to the fractal where you see something that looks like Rata Sum? When was the city created? For what purpose? The city seems massive so it would be interesting to know more about this. At the same time, knowing about the Inquest will help us in the present by knowing what they might be up to (Aetherblade) and it will help us against the Elder Dragons by understanding what the Inquest may or may not know.

As you can see a vote for Kiel is a vote for a brighter future. She is the one out there trying to solve problems and stop our enemies. Evon is just sitting on the sidelines profiting off of the work of others.

#TeamKiel

Way to introduce race into this political discussion, bookah.

[Permabanned on Forums]

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Azoqu.8917

Azoqu.8917

Actually no.
It is an alternate version of the Searing (which on the other hand is the real fall of Ascalon, since Ascalon was already more or less fallen when the Foefire took place)

I can see how you think that, but from Guild Wars: Prophesy’s intro “The last day dawns on the Kingdom of Ascalon, it arrives with no fanfare, no tolling of alarms.” This means that no city was being broken into and therefore the city being sacked was Ascalon City and the surge was the foefire.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

Hmmm Black Mesa you say? To get my vote, it would have to be a pretty flawless homage to Half Life. Otherwise, human gods fighting is too epic to pass up.

in Cutthroat Politics

lordkrall.7241

I can see how you think that, but from Guild Wars: Prophesy’s intro “The last day dawns on the Kingdom of Ascalon, it arrives with no fanfare, no tolling of alarms.” This means that no city was being broken into and therefore the city being sacked was Ascalon City and the surge was the foefire.

And yet it is confirmed that it is an alternate version of the Searing. (Said here: http://wartower.tumblr.com/post/49691195928/in-this-lorespecial-episode )

And yes, there were fighting before the Searing, there had been fighting for quite some time before that very day.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Ice of Dragons.1637

Ice of Dragons.1637

#WoteGwen she is a hero

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: AnthonyOrdon

AnthonyOrdon

Game Designer

I wonder what kinds of things would happen if you mixed the Mists with chaos energy…

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: MassDelusion.9130

MassDelusion.9130

I wonder what kinds of things would happen if you mixed the Mists with chaos energy…

Steam creatures start coming back through time.

in Cutthroat Politics

Ice of Dragons.1637

Probably the same thing that happens when u mix Dexters Laboratory whit DeeDee.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

Chaos energy?…try the magic of the gods!

#VoteEvon

NSPride <3

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: wouw.5837

wouw.5837

Finnaly seeying a God

vs

Asura blowng things up

hmmmmm

#MrBlade

Elona is Love, Elona is life.

in Cutthroat Politics

Ice of Dragons.1637

#VoteEvon

Aliens

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: wouw.5837

wouw.5837

#VoteEvon

Aliens

Ancient Aliens?

Elona is Love, Elona is life.

in Cutthroat Politics

Ice of Dragons.1637

#VoteEvon

Aliens

Ancient Aliens?

I suppose it was a few thousand years ago since they come to tyria

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Thalador.4218

Thalador.4218

Create the proto-entity that the Elder Dragons are/were. All-consuming sentient magic capable of taking on physical shape.

And that’s just my theory. Imagine what we could learn about the Elder Dragons if we knew what had happened beneath Thaumanova in those fateful moments.

Vote for Ellen Kiel. Vote for the future. Vote for Lion’s Arch.

Scarlet’s Alliance Wars (a.k.a. “Guild Wars 2”)
A fantasy of sci-fi cyborg implants grafted into the desiccated flesh of Guild Wars’ corpse.