Why the Abaddon Fractal is Irrelevant

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Blackmoon.6837

Blackmoon.6837

1. A god is a god. Anet can bring any of their gods into the game any which way they choose and at anytime without actually ruining anything lore-wise. Why? ugghhh… it’s gods. Do whatever with gods, isn’t that the point of some higher power that apparently controls and owns everything?

2. With the reactor fractal, Anet has a chance to offer something so outlandish and new to the lore, it could even affect the gods. Ooooooo…

Also,

#TeamKiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

I’d like to point out one could easily modify your reasons, and apply them to the reactor.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Hermes.7014

Hermes.7014

The Thaumanova incident could even reveal the place where the human gods went. Who knows.

Whether something is either wrong or right, someone will always complain about it.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Mastruq.2463

Mastruq.2463

Both fractals can lead to good or bad follow-ups, so thats kinda irrelevant.

I’m for the Abaddon fractal because imo there is too much high tech in the game already. Magic-based or not most of the stuff about Asura is right at home in a sci-fi setting. I prefer a mix and feel Anet needs to move focus away from asura tech for a bit to maintain that balance. So Gods it is.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: mexay.3902

mexay.3902

Abaddon is literally the most important character in the entire guild wars universe.

He is responsible for:

• Gifting Magic to the races of the world (that means without him, you’d only have access to Warrior, Engineer, Non-spirit rangers and maybe thieves)
  • The Crystal Desert (sort of. The Crystal Sea was his domain and their is lore regarding the crystal desert and how it ties to him and particularly his fall)
  • The Jade Sea
  • The Echovald Forest
  • The Charr being the way they are today. (No titans, no magic, now war on humans, no hardened war veterans, no revolt against the flame legion. The Charr would be nothing without Abaddon’s intervention)
  • The Lich and in turn the honing of the Character’s skills which thus lead him to be able to defeat the Great Destroyer. (from a lore stand-point, the PC of GW1 in EoTN was the one from Prophecies, but it actually applies the same for each campaign). Had the Great Destroyer not been defeated we’d all probably be dead.
  • The Gods’ Exodus. Good or bad, this is a major part of Guild Wars lore.

And so much more. Abaddon’s Fall is literally one of the most important moments of guild wars lore, along side the last rise of the elder dragons, the arrival of the gods, the arrival of humans, the birthing of Sylvari, the freeing of Glint/Glaust.

To call the ‘Fall of Abaddon’ irrelevant is to blatantly admit you know absolutely nothing about the lore in even the slightest. Vote for the Thaumanova if you wish, but in terms of relevance, FoA is far more relevant than Thaumanova. This is objectively speaking.

tl;dr calling the Fall of Abaddon irrelevant to the Guild Wars universe is like saying the French Revolution is irrelevant to human history.

noice

(edited by mexay.3902)

in Cutthroat Politics

Blackmoon.6837

The other thing you have to consider is that one event is history, while the other is current. History can be told anytime Anet feels like it. The current event is taking place now, so why not act on it while it’s still taking place? We have a chance to make history! Isn’t that more relevant?

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Lue.6538

Lue.6538

I’d rather not see any gods make it into the game at all because if a god can be beat by a ragtag crew of 5 players on a daily basis, they sure aint that godlike.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu.5284

2. With the reactor fractal, Anet has a chance to offer something so outlandish and new to the lore, it could even affect the gods. Ooooooo…

I can tell you exactly how it’d play out.
You go there, discover that some horrible accident happened an all test subjects escaped and that they used oh-so-mysterious dragon magic to power the reactor (such a twist!). Now we’ll have to cool the thing down and defeat some elemental boss – all in a setting that we already know.

The Abaddon Fractal would give us a glimpse of the original god himself, possibly the margonites, and the crystal sea when it was still an actual sea, which is something every GW vet would like.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: SBM.5823

SBM.5823

If Abaddon is irrelevant than Thaumanova is a bug on the flower I just stepped on while slaying plunderers in a candidate trial supporting Gnashblade.

It’s quite brilliant what Anet has done here.

Evon+Abaddon=GW vets and the bigger historical picture

Kiel+Thaumanova=New players and the smaller more immediate picture

Ultimately I’d like to see the Fall of Abaddon as a full scale raid-dungeon but if a fractal is all I get I guess it will have to do.

(edited by SBM.5823)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: dunnberry.2964

dunnberry.2964

You saying all that kind of proved a point though as we already know plenty about abandon while the reactor we know little about, just that I was inquest base, it blew up bc of chaos magic and tore a rip in space time…so many possibilities for it and like others have said its now

Borlis Pass
Asuran Engineer (Lost)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: CuRtoKy.8576

CuRtoKy.8576

Abaddon is literally the most important character in the entire guild wars universe.

He is responsible for:

• Gifting Magic to the races of the world (that means without him, you’d only have access to Warrior, Engineer, Non-spirit rangers and maybe thieves)
  • The Crystal Desert (sort of. The Crystal Sea was his domain and their is lore regarding the crystal desert and how it ties to him and particularly his fall)
  • The Jade Sea
  • The Echovald Forest
  • The Charr being the way they are today. (No titans, no magic, now war on humans, no hardened war veterans, no revolt against the flame legion. The Charr would be nothing without Abaddon’s intervention)
  • The Lich and in turn the honing of the Character’s skills which thus lead him to be able to defeat the Great Destroyer. (from a lore stand-point, the PC of GW1 in EoTN was the one from Prophecies, but it actually applies the same for each campaign). Had the Great Destroyer not been defeated we’d all probably be dead.
  • The Gods’ Exodus. Good or bad, this is a major part of Guild Wars lore.

And so much more. Abaddon’s Fall is literally one of the most important moments of guild wars lore, along side the last rise of the elder dragons, the arrival of the gods, the arrival of humans, the birthing of Sylvari, the freeing of Glint/Glaust.

To call the ‘Fall of Abaddon’ irrelevant is to blatantly admit you know absolutely nothing about the lore in even the slightest. Vote for the Thaumanova if you wish, but in terms of relevance, FoA is far more relevant than Thaumanova. This is objectively speaking.

tl;dr calling the Fall of Abaddon irrelevant to the Guild Wars universe is like saying the French Revolution is irrelevant to human history.

Except you don’t know much about the other situation and it could add a lot to the lore. Or it may prove to be important since we know very little about it. The place was once an asuran city rather than a simple reactor. The inquest studies dragon energy and they are in conflict with us on multiple instances. Aetherblade, the dungeons, and so on. I think this is more important to GW2 lore to cast it off as not important compared to Abaddon is just silly

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Iarkrad.8415

Iarkrad.8415

If Abaddon is irrelevant than Thaumanova is a bug on the flower I just stepped on while slaying plunderers in a candidate trial supporting Gnashblade.

It’s quite brilliant what Anet has done here.

Ultimately I’d like to see the Fall of Abaddon as a full scale raid-dungeon but if a fractal is all I get I guess it will have to do.

You have a odd definition of ‘new players’. Personally, i wish to see a more complete story then figurative swiss cheese. Also, been there, done that, got the (awesome) scythe. Next!

#TeamKiel

No more non cosmetic world event rewards. We haven’t forgotten the Ancient Karka.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Lokki.1092

Lokki.1092

I’d rather not see any gods make it into the game at all because if a god can be beat by a ragtag crew of 5 players on a daily basis, they sure aint that godlike.

Uhh you do realize that we beat Abaddon already right?

Oh yea and Zhaitan as well.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Kingzook.1620

Kingzook.1620

Hate to tell you this, but all the French Revolution did was kill off rich people without trial, and perfected the use of the guillotine. Only world affecting consequences were that a decent amount of bright scientist died in the process. Don’t get me wrong, it had a huge impact for the people of France, but not the world.

Also do not forget, you are looking at human history through a eurocentric perspective. The Europeans were not the only people alive at that time so just because you had a chapter in history class does not mean it was important.

(edited by Kingzook.1620)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

I want to see gods in the game at some point. And you’re right the any God that can be killed so easy. Is not a God at all.

Only Gods should be able to kill other Gods.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Grimwolf.7163

Grimwolf.7163

1. A god is a god. Anet can bring any of their gods into the game any which way they choose and at anytime without actually ruining anything lore-wise. Why? ugghhh… it’s gods. Do whatever with gods, isn’t that the point of some higher power that apparently controls and owns everything?

Also,

#TeamKiel

Why the Thamanova Reactor fractal is irrelevant;

1. People only want it because they don’t know exactly what happened, but we’ll find out regardless at some point. We just won’t be able to play it out and see it first hand.

2. SPOILER
Unicorns did it.

(edited by Grimwolf.7163)

in Cutthroat Politics

Onshidesigns.1069

Also,

#TeamKiel

Why the Thamanova Reactor fractal is irrelevant;

1. People only want it because they don’t know exactly what happened, but we’ll find out regardless at some point. We just won’t be able to play it out and see it first hand.

2. SPOILER
Unicorns did it.

In the open world we would find out what happens at Thamanova Reactor. But it will not be in the Mists.

The whole point is to see how chaos energy affects the Mists.
*Could the chaos gate in in the open world make a bridge to the chaos gate in the Mists?

I think the Thamanova Reactor has possibilities for future living stories. Remember Anet is trying everything to the living story.

in Cutthroat Politics

Blackmoon.6837

I’m a GW1 vet. Furthermore, GW has been the only MMO franchise I’ve ever played. Lastly, my interest is about the more impotant future!

#TeamKiel

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Rainbow Sprint.3215

Rainbow Sprint.3215

These responses are what I see on the forums and in game all the time. You all have already convinced yourself that the thaumanova reactor fractal will suck.

While in reality, the abaddon fractal will just be a boss fight. While the thumanova reactor fractal could be anything. All we know is that whatever was being researched at thaumanova is tearing a hole in the fabric of reality and porting in creatures from across space, time, and other dimensions.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

The only important reason why the Abaddon fractal is better: GW1 lore was way more interesting than GW2.

The gods are SO much more compelling than the boring, mindless, no-personality Dragons that we have to cannon to death. The idea that “we don’t know what happened” doesn’t necessarily make the story of what happened good. So far, the GW2 stuff has been pretty lame. I’d rather have a Fractal of the single most important event in the GW1 storyline ever. (of course I wouldn’t put it past Anet to ruin the story by making the gods even LESS important & powerful than they have already retconned.)

These responses are what I see on the forums and in game all the time. You all have already convinced yourself that the thaumanova reactor fractal will suck.

While in reality, the abaddon fractal will just be a boss fight.

wow.. So you have already convinced yourself that the Abaddon fight will be a boss fight & will suck. irony?

(edited by DarksunG.9537)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: LastShot.4762

LastShot.4762

Originally, I was gonna vote Evon for the Abaddon fractal, but after running fractal the last few days for Maw achievement, I find Kiel’s offer is far more attractive now.

Fractal dungeons are all short and sweet, with little to no storytelling, which is a great format for endless dungeon. But I just don’t find a small instance will do justice to a well-established lore from previous game, on the other hand, small instance on reactor adds another piece to a not-fully-established lore, which sounds far more interesting.

Unless Fall of Abaddon is at the same scale as dungeon story mode(which will be bad in fractal format), I am taking my votes to Kiel.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Gmr Leon.1846

Gmr Leon.1846

The only important reason why the Abaddon fractal is better: GW1 lore was way more interesting than GW2.

The gods are SO much more compelling than the boring, mindless, no-personality Dragons that we have to cannon to death. The idea that “we don’t know what happened” doesn’t necessarily make the story of what happened good. So far, the GW2 stuff has been pretty lame. I’d rather have a Fractal of the single most important event in the GW1 storyline ever. (of course I wouldn’t put it past Anet to ruin the story by making the gods even LESS important & powerful than they have already retconned.)

wow.. So you have already convinced yourself that the Abaddon fight will be a boss fight & will suck. irony?

Volcanic eruption versus shallow divine squabbles? Let’s be honest here, while the Elder Dragons essentially amount to a ravaging supernatural tsunami with no personality, the gods amount to prima donnas. Balthazar gets beat in a board game and he rage murders the winner (and still expects worship). Dwayna brings a bunch of humans some place together and cries when they kill each other over whatever. Melandru gets upset that not everyone cares about nature as much as her. Lyssa fools people and then acts all judgmental about them judging her for appearances when she’s miss beauty queen (who probably inspires that BS in them to begin with). Grenth panders to the vengeful, and Abaddon seemingly goes genocidal when the whimps cry to the gods about his gift being too much and they suggest maybe toning it down. Or when the Forgotten start going genocidal on his followers for being too zealous, either way.

No matter which way you go, the results aren’t terribly fascinating.

Grydd, asuran engineer perpetually gathering materials.
Member of The Archivists’ Sanctum [Lore], a guild for lore enthusiasts.
The Adventurer’s Log!

in Cutthroat Politics

Rainbow Sprint.3215

Ok then, what will the abaddon fractal be then? What other possibilities come up with it? We’re talking one being versus some force that is tearing apart reality.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Shezu Tsukai.8291

Shezu Tsukai.8291

Two reasons Abaddon’s fractal irrelevant:

1. /dance will beat Abaddon this time

2. to quote the Hulk “puny god”!

Verum et Vitae

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

Look at it this way.

Abbadon’s fractal is better because of many reasons stated above. It has the chance to add something new to THIS game. The chance to witness and interact with the gods themselves.

The reactor gives you the chance to relive CoE in a different setting. This game has PLENTY of boring asura experiments. And plenty of boring asura.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

Volcanic eruption versus shallow divine squabbles? Let’s be honest here, while the Elder Dragons essentially amount to a ravaging supernatural tsunami with no personality, the gods amount to prima donnas.

That’s like Saying Citizen Kane is dumb because it’s about “a stupid arrogant jerk” & Transformers is awesome because it’s about huge explosions.
“supernatural Tsunmi”? No, that’s Abaddon. Transforming entire dimension into torment, creating lifeforms & seeping into other plains of existence with cunning & manipulation.

The Dragons make zombies & smash stuff. GG.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: DeShadowWolf.6854

DeShadowWolf.6854

1. A explosion is an explosion. Anet can bring any of their asuran labs blown up into the game any which way they choose and at anytime without actually ruining anything lore-wise. Why? ugghhh… it’s asura. Do whatever with gods, isn’t that the point of some higher power that apparently controls and owns everything?

2. With the Abbadon fractal, Anet has a chance to offer something so incomprehensibly important, changing, and new to the lore. Ooooooo…

Also,

#Team Gnashblade

These responses are what I see on the forums and in game all the time. You all have already convinced yourself that the Fall of Abbadon fractal will suck.

While in reality, the abaddon fractal will just be a huge battle where the face of the earth is changed forever. While the thumanova reactor fractal could be anything, including another boring asuran experiment gone wrong or just a big explosion and a boss fight. All we know is that whatever was being researched at thaumanova has torn a hole in the fabric of reality and is porting in creatures from across space and time.

Fixed both posts in bold. Also, as stated in above posts, its ironic how you say we’ve convinced ourselves it will suck, when you have done the same in reverse.

in Cutthroat Politics

Rainbow Sprint.3215

1. A explosion is an explosion. Anet can bring any of their asuran labs blown up into the game any which way they choose and at anytime without actually ruining anything lore-wise. Why? ugghhh… it’s asura. Do whatever with gods, isn’t that the point of some higher power that apparently controls and owns everything?

2. With the Abbadon fractal, Anet has a chance to offer something so incomprehensibly important, changing, and new to the lore. Ooooooo…

Also,

#Team Gnashblade

These responses are what I see on the forums and in game all the time. You all have already convinced yourself that the Fall of Abbadon fractal will suck.

While in reality, the abaddon fractal will just be a huge battle where the face of the earth is changed forever. While the thumanova reactor fractal could be anything, including another boring asuran experiment gone wrong or just a big explosion and a boss fight. All we know is that whatever was being researched at thaumanova has torn a hole in the fabric of reality and is porting in creatures from across space and time.

Fixed both posts in bold. Also, as stated in above posts, its ironic how you say we’ve convinced ourselves it will suck, when you have done the same in reverse.

How though? How will the fall of abaddon change the face of the Tyria? It’s already happened and it’s in the past. As opposed to something that is happening now.

Also for someone so interested in the fall of abaddon, you should probably atleast learn how to spell his name correctly.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Duke Nukem.6783

Duke Nukem.6783

shut your mouth our glorious god abbadon will feast on your eyes

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

Also,

#Team Gnashblade

How though? How will the fall of abaddon change the face of the Tyria? It’s already happened and it’s in the past. As opposed to something that is happening now.

Also for someone so interested in the fall of abaddon, you should probably atleast learn how to spell his name correctly.

Because both fractals are going to be built depending on who wins BOTH will not change the outcome of future events.
Tahumanova has ALSO happened in the past. Nothing out of that reactor will change anything in game world.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Lucky.9421

Lucky.9421

I’m for Abbadon because I want to see a new map and new enemies. Not retread old ground fighting copy-pasted enemies that are already in game.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Gmr Leon.1846

Gmr Leon.1846

Volcanic eruption versus shallow divine squabbles? Let’s be honest here, while the Elder Dragons essentially amount to a ravaging supernatural tsunami with no personality, the gods amount to prima donnas.

That’s like Saying Citizen Kane is dumb because it’s about “a stupid arrogant jerk” & Transformers is awesome because it’s about huge explosions.
“supernatural Tsunmi”? No, that’s Abaddon. Transforming entire dimension into torment, creating lifeforms & seeping into other plains of existence with cunning & manipulation.

The Dragons make zombies & smash stuff. GG.

You do realize I’m saying both are more or less dumb or going to be, right? I mean, did you really just stop reading there? There’s a line there at the end that I think makes my outlook on this clear: “No matter which way you go, the results aren’t terribly fascinating.”

Also, comparing the gods’ lore to something like Citizen Kane is hilarious. Citizen Kane is academy award winning material, whereas the gods’ lore is a mess of revisions and retcons as a result of changing writing staff (seriously, all kudos to the writing team of ArenaNet for trying to work with others’ material and improve upon it, including each other’s, I wouldn’t want that job).

Regardless, I stand by my point: natural disasters or prima donnas are hardly that interesting. If you slapped a personality on a natural disaster and had it demand worship, it wouldn’t be any more interesting. (See: stereotypical island tribe sacrificing people to volcano god.)

Grydd, asuran engineer perpetually gathering materials.
Member of The Archivists’ Sanctum [Lore], a guild for lore enthusiasts.
The Adventurer’s Log!

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: WilliamDaBloody.2591

WilliamDaBloody.2591

I find both ideas very uninspired…

Boss fight with some pre GW1 lore? I couldn’t care less. The lore of both GW1 and GW2 is so run off the mill that it does not really interest me.

Another GW2 inquest related theme? We had enough of them, although I enjoy them very much even though I do not like to paly a Asura.

I want a Skritt King fractal: Find shinies in the mist xD

(edited by WilliamDaBloody.2591)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Zalani.9827

Zalani.9827

I find both ideas very uninspired…

Boss fight with some pre GW1 lore? I couldn’t care less. The lore of both GW1 and GW2 is so run off the mill that it does not really interest me.

Another GW2 inquest related theme? We had enough of them, although I enjoy them very much even though I do not like to paly a Asura.

I want a Skritt King fractal: Find shinies in the mist xD

I second the skrit king!

Jadis Narnia-Sylvari Ranger of [EDGE]
Dragonbrand

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Duke Nukem.6783

Duke Nukem.6783

many of us want to see abbadon again its got nothing to do with them being uninspired they ARE inspired by our love of abbadon as one of , no THE best content from gw1 abbadon stole (and probaly ate) the hearts of millions with his purple glowing lightning weapons giant purple gorilla monsters and tentacles of doom.

in Cutthroat Politics

Onshidesigns.1069

Stop trying to relive events from the first GW in GW2. And let the developers make GW2 lore better!

in Cutthroat Politics

Lucky.9421

This is not an event that happened in GW1…

in Cutthroat Politics

Onshidesigns.1069

many of us want to see abbadon again its got nothing to do with them being uninspired they ARE inspired by our love of abbadon as one of , no THE best content from gw1 abbadon stole (and probaly ate) the hearts of millions with his purple glowing lightning weapons giant purple gorilla monsters and tentacles of doom.

You probably still have GW on your computer. Abbadon is their ready to play.

Why do you want a simple graphical update of the dungeon? When you can have new lore.

in Cutthroat Politics

Onshidesigns.1069

You will only learn SMALL details that lead up to the GW dungeon. Nothing will be relevant to the current lore.

in Cutthroat Politics

Lucky.9421

You will only learn SMALL details that lead up to the GW dungeon. Nothing will be relevant to the current lore.

This fractal takes place 1000 years before GW1. In will require creating a lot of new content.

More on that in this thread
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/cutthroat/Thaumanova-more-robot-bosses-on-the-way/first#post2496741

in Cutthroat Politics

Onshidesigns.1069

This fractal takes place 1000 years before GW1. In will require creating a lot of new content.

More on that in this thread
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/cutthroat/Thaumanova-more-robot-bosses-on-the-way/first#post2496741

Content NOT related to current events. If Anet wants Abaddon thats cool. But don’t sacrifice new lore for it.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Grimwolf.7163

Grimwolf.7163

Like you’ll never find out what happened there if you don’t get the Thaumanova fractal?
All it would mean is that you won’t play it out first hand in a fractal.

in Cutthroat Politics

Onshidesigns.1069

Like you’ll never find out what happened there if you don’t get the Thaumanova fractal?
All it would mean is that you won’t play it out first hand in a fractal.

It’s role in the game will not be the same. There will be aftereffects to these fractals.

in Cutthroat Politics

Lucky.9421

Content NOT related to current events. If Anet wants Abaddon thats cool. But don’t sacrifice new lore for it.

It could be related, we know that the dragons have a important connection to the Gods and specifically their magic.

That said, I am not just in it for the plot points, I am also in it for new stuff! Enemies, environment art ect.

in Cutthroat Politics

DeShadowWolf.6854

Not related to events, that’s always a possibility. But Abaddon has shaped the world as we have come to know and love it.

Without Abaddon:

• Nightfall would probably not have happened.
  • Shiro Tagachi may have never been corrupted.
  • The Lich may never have been created; Orr (maybe) would not have sunk
  • The oppression caused by the Flame Legion and subsequently the Searing would have happened differently, if not at all.
  • Magic may not have been so freely gifted, and thus not as freely used as it is now.
  • Without his fall, Elona and Tyria would be unconnected save by sailing. The Crystal Desert and the Desolation wouldn’t exist.
  • Margonites might still be around, who knows.
  • Oh yeah, and he and his gift may have been the reason the god left Tyria and started a calendar.

He’s done quite a lot of stuff to create the world as we know it. I wouldn’t be so dismissive of him and his fall. I’m not sure I want to know what a Tyria without his influence would look like nowadays.

in Cutthroat Politics

Onshidesigns.1069

Not related to events, that’s always a possibility. But Abaddon has shaped the world as we have come to know and love it.

Without Abaddon:

• Nightfall would probably not have happened.
  • Shiro Tagachi may have never been corrupted.
  • The Lich may never have been created; Orr (maybe) would not have sunk
  • The oppression caused by the Flame Legion and subsequently the Searing would have happened differently, if not at all.
  • Magic may not have been so freely gifted, and thus not as freely used as it is now.
  • Without his fall, Elona and Tyria would be unconnected save by sailing. The Crystal Desert and the Desolation wouldn’t exist.
  • Margonites might still be around, who knows.
  • Oh yeah, and he and his gift may have been the reason the god left Tyria and started a calendar.

He’s done quite a lot of stuff to create the world as we know it. I wouldn’t be so dismissive of him and his fall. I’m not sure I want to know what a Tyria without his influence would look like nowadays.

I said not relevant to CURRENT events. It’s just history of the game.

Developers need to concentrate on developing new lore that has a impact on the present.

in Cutthroat Politics

DeShadowWolf.6854

~snip~

And, in the first sentence, I said it may not be relevant to CURRENT events. But he is relevant to the shaping of the everyday world around us that we play in.

Developers need to concentrate on what you think they should concentrate on.

Fixed.

in Cutthroat Politics

Rainbow Sprint.3215

~snip~

And, in the first sentence, I said it may not be relevant to CURRENT events. But he is relevant to the shaping of the everyday world around us that we play in.

Fixed.

So the developers shouldn’t focus on developing new lore and instead run us through everything that has been played through in the original GW?

Did you honestly just say that GW2 should not tell a story?

in Cutthroat Politics

Onshidesigns.1069

~snip~

Fixed.

These words are not in your other post. CURRENT, may

(edited by Onshidesigns.1069)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

The whole point is to see how chaos energy affects the Mists.

It probably doesn’t. That was just a guy with an anet tag teasing, only as serious as the “Kiel is responsible for nerfs” comment.

tl;dr calling the Fall of Abaddon irrelevant to the Guild Wars universe is like saying the French Revolution is irrelevant to French history.

Fixed

As for the “current” thing. No abaddon=no undead hordes in Orr. That’s a very current impact, along with the whole no magic thing.