100k candies for wings? O.o

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: toxianguardian.4850

toxianguardian.4850

So..to get the dragon wings, i need 100 Candies for a Jorbreaker Candy. And i need 1000 Jorbreaker candies for the wings.

Wut?

100 THOUSAND candies to get the wings? Dragon Ball only gives me 5 if i WIN. The pinatas only give me 1(ONE). The holographic things in the lowbie zones give me like 4.

What the heck? This is like the definition of grind.

Please tell me i’m missing something here?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: BaronVonBeef.4063

BaronVonBeef.4063

You hit the nail on the head, grind fest or be rich and spend the hundreds possible 1000+ gold buying them from the TP.

in Dragon Bash

toxianguardian.4850

We’re supposed to get this many in a month of casual play?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Hedge.8760

Hedge.8760

Yup, you need to make about 138.8 taffies each hour for 24 hours for 30 days to afford a pair of those wings.

I’m all for hard work, but seriously, you cannot sleep at all if you want to work hard for those wings. And I mean no sleep what so ever.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: unknowable.8470

unknowable.8470

two weeks of casual play man, not even available for a month.

“we don’t want you to grind”

god kitten it…

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Grinding it is stupidly easy. Just go to a starting area and one shot all the mobs.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: BaronVonBeef.4063

BaronVonBeef.4063

Grinding it is stupidly easy. Just go to a starting area and one shot all the mobs.

Yeah of course, at ~240 taffy an hour i was getting that’s only 18.9 solid days of grinding! genius!

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Shabu.7236

Shabu.7236

Just so you know, you can actually buy the wings for about 60g on the TP lol.

in Dragon Bash

Hedge.8760

Yeah of course, at ~240 taffy an hour i was getting that’s only 18.9 solid days of grinding! genius!

Or even better, if you want to take the casual way out, you can only grind for 8 hours each day for 30 days. But then you’d have to make about 417 each hour. Easy indeed!

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: robert.3475

robert.3475

lol i have the bradygame book for gw2 its approved by arenanet ncsoft and in that book it says we are diffrent we have no grind hhhmmm 100,000 candy to get 100 jawbreakers to get the new wings lol that is more then grind that will make your fingers bleed lol

in Dragon Bash

toxianguardian.4850

I dont want to buy it. i want to grind it for free like the SAB skins. My chars mostly all have a SAB skin or two. This is full on grind for…just one skin.
I dont get it, and i’m getting pretty annoyed now.
I really figured i had to be missing something.
What the kitten is this kitten ANET

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Awe.1096

Awe.1096

Or maybe you dont need to feel entitled to complete it this year? In GW1 there were some holiday titles (so like achievements) which were IMPOSSIBLE to complete in one year even if you would play 24 hours while the event was live. I was fine with that. And so I am fine with what they offer now. If you cant grind it now, you can return next year and finish the job. Its not like this thing will be gone forever.

in Dragon Bash

Hedge.8760

Or maybe you dont need to feel entitled to complete it this year? In GW1 there were some holiday titles (so like achievements) which were IMPOSSIBLE to complete in one year even if you would play 24 hours while the event was live. I was fine with that. And so I am fine with what they offer now. If you cant grind it now, you can return next year and finish the job. Its not like this thing will be gone forever.

If you have a source on that, I’d be fine with it. But don’t just assume things and call other people entitled who assume otherwise.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Ambrosia.2035

Ambrosia.2035

Yup, you need to make about 138.8 taffies each hour for 24 hours for 30 days to afford a pair of those wings.

This is insane. But the other poster also added that they are selling for less than 60 gold at the moment. So what gives? Are people getting them from the rich coffers? I’m a little shocked that they are not priced around the jet packs or higher. Does that mean that the drop rate is low, but not that low? I’m just wondering.

Howdy (.)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

You can also get a pair of wings from the Dragon Bash Experience achievement.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Amun Ra.6435

Amun Ra.6435

Wow…100,000? at work so I haven’t logged on yet…but WOW…100,000 seems really excessive.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

You can also get a pair of wings from the Dragon Bash Experience achievement.

Different looks tho.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Molch.2078

Molch.2078

I’m sure there are going to be a few quests where you can earn some of those candies.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Awe.1096

Awe.1096

If you have a source on that, I’d be fine with it. But don’t just assume things and call other people entitled who assume otherwise.

A source on what exactly? I assume Dragon Bash is an event that will return every year. Like Wintersday or Halloween. And you will be able to continue with your achievements if you missed something. This is how it worked in GW1 and so far I have no reason to believe it will be different in GW2.

in Dragon Bash

Hedge.8760

A source on what exactly? I assume Dragon Bash is an event that will return every year. Like Wintersday or Halloween. And you will be able to continue with your achievements if you missed something. This is how it worked in GW1 and so far I have no reason to believe it will be different in GW2.

Except the wings are not part of the achievement – they are a seperate vendor who sells items for taffy. Without a source, you are just assuming – just like we are.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

ya they were but from what i remember they didnt give actual rewards to get the head piece u just had to participate in the finale

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Ortumbra.7490

Ortumbra.7490

This is insane. But the other poster also added that they are selling for less than 60 gold at the moment. So what gives? Are people getting them from the rich coffers? I’m a little shocked that they are not priced around the jet packs or higher. Does that mean that the drop rate is low, but not that low? I’m just wondering.

On the dragon bash page here it says “This dragon wing back item is only available as a very rare drop in the Dragon Ball Arena and throughout Tyria during the celebration,” so I would assume that the ones on the tp were from people that got extremely lucky either with dragon ball, or open world farming. (I’m unsure if that means from the chests you get or just as straight drops from mobs)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

Yeah, but if you don’t have 60 gold right now, they’ll probably be more than that by the time you get it. Someone already bracketed the low end of the market with an order for 8. So expect the see them flipped and relisted for over a 100g like the jetpack soon.

Either way, no chance for a lot of people. But, they can grind all through the event and get ragged-looking ones. Work to be a have-not…

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Araziel.7201

Araziel.7201

How long would it take to get those? I don’t have the game installed so I can’t check.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

There are 2 holographic wings in the game….according to the live stream preview yesterday.

1 you get from the meta event, or achievements, or something along those lines.

The other is bought with 100k taffy, which yeah….made me cry. No way I’m farming that much in my ‘spare time’

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Geotherma.2395

Geotherma.2395

About 2 hours in I’m at 200+ of them, event should be long enough to get them. Also you have the option to buy them.

Intel i7 3.9ghz processor 16GB Ram 2TB HDD
Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF
http://everyonesgrudge.enjin.com/home MY GW2 Music http://tinyurl.com/cm4o6tu

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Thats true….forgot that the taffy is tradeable. But, if they drop that well, I shouldn’t have any issues then. I’ll try to keep an open mind until I can jump in and try it for myself.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Araziel.7201

Araziel.7201

Sounds like a bit of a grind, but at least there is a light at the end of the tunnel and you know you will get them for your hard work in game. Much better than relying on an RNG drop.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: GreyWraith.8394

GreyWraith.8394

Yeah, but if you don’t have 60 gold right now, they’ll probably be more than that by the time you get it. Someone already bracketed the low end of the market with an order for 8. So expect the see them flipped and relisted for over a 100g like the jetpack soon.

Either way, no chance for a lot of people. But, they can grind all through the event and get ragged-looking ones. Work to be a have-not…

The dragon chest things (which are mostly candies) are dropping from regular PvE mobs in the world (and WvW for that matter).

Candy price will hit rock bottom in a day or two.

End of the Dream by Evanescence
unofficial theme song of the Nightmare Court

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

It will be easily obtainable by the end of the month. Just look at the candy corn.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Savoy.6824

Savoy.6824

What are candy prices right now? for some reason spidy doesnt list them.

And we should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once – Nietzsche

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Zindrix.1750

Zindrix.1750

Maybe they misplaced a decimal or something….100,000 is A LOT. Actually, it would probably be faster to farm for a legendary unless there is some way of getting bulk amounts of candy quicker than killing mobs for coffers.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

Down to 63. Might crash the market on the wings if it drops to 5 or so. I’d be glad to see it, even though I already overspent gold on the wings for myself. Its a festival, people should be enjoying the stuff, not grinding themselves into insanity or getting ripped off.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: ShiningSquirrel.3751

ShiningSquirrel.3751

About 2 hours in I’m at 200+ of them, event should be long enough to get them. Also you have the option to buy them.

So your getting about 100 per hour?
So what your really saying is if I play 24 hours a day for the next 41 days straight, I should be able to get enough? Or I could buy them for 1000 gold?
I am really confused, how is this not a grind of epic proportions?

I am at work so have not logged on yet, but this just makes me so depressed!
What where the devs thinking? Well weapon skins are out, I will probably never get one of them with the RNG. The special wings are out, because there is no way in H E double hockey sticks that I am going to even attempt to collect that many. The dragon helm, while interesting would probably only take up space in storage, so I guess I will have to settle for the 1 set of wings that we should all get. So now I am not even sure why I should even bother with the dragon bash? Oh well, I guess I can keep farming for enough materials to sell them all cheap and trash the economy. ;-)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Goloith.6349

Goloith.6349

Seriously? I read this and this is the first event with “fluff” that I actually cared about and ANET goes off the deep end to get the T2 wings. Ever heard of lowering the cost so you can increase the base? I honestly wonder what ANETs economist is on because it must be the same dope that the FED is on.

i7 920 OC 4.2Ghz, 2x 6970s in Eyefinity mode
Davidah (Guardian) Goloith (Engineer)
Achuni (Mesmer) Doreanora (Thief)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Infernia.9847

Infernia.9847

Well if Geotherma is correct, and not just really lucky on drop rate, 100 candy/hour means 1000hrs worth of work.
I think a lot of people will be buying them after gathering as much as humanly possible.
After work I’ll be working on gathering them. I hope it goes a bit faster than 100/hr.

Blackgate : Level 80 Ranger, Necro, Guardian, Warrior
Devs: Trait Challenge Issued

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

That actually makes sense. I was thinking of it as a one time thing but if they are following their own traditions, such as on their holiday titles, then it’s something they expect people to work toward over time.

It wouldn’t hurt ANet to have someone whose job it is, to clearly explain this sort of thing to players. Whether this is only this year or its every year, so we aren’t speculating in the forum

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Ballistic.4531

Ballistic.4531

100.000 * 5c = 500.000c = 50g
They are 60g now so I don’t think they will get any cheaper than this… Which is too bad, I really like these wings. Don’t like the Shattered ones, one bit.

This world needs more people being frank and less people being offended.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: dbgamer.3407

dbgamer.3407

I don’t actually think this is a big issue.

ANET actually implemented the suggestions that I made in the below thread about the sclerite tickets.

I believe they added the 100k candies as a way to supplement the RNG drops that would screw most people out of the possibility of getting the wings.

The other thing they did was to make them tradeable! This is MUCH better than the southsun weapon tickets issue.

Although I’m surprised they took me literally and did the 100k candies/tokens/shells, I’m glad they listened. Even if it was a huge coincidence, I think it’s a step in the right direction.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/archive/southsun/Sclerite-Weapons-Tickets-Next-to-Impossible/first

Arkenell of Fort Aspenwood

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Asudementio.8526

Asudementio.8526

I dont want to buy it. i want to grind it for free like the SAB skins. My chars mostly all have a SAB skin or two. This is full on grind for…just one skin.
I dont get it, and i’m getting pretty annoyed now.
I really figured i had to be missing something.
What the kitten is this kitten ANET

Grinding is never free, to say so is nonsense. Grinding takes you away from money making if you are grinding for a specific drop. If that drop is buyable then you have to consider if you spent time making money in place of grinding would you have saved time. Time is money!

Leader of [Suh]
My moves are fresh, like my groceries.
#TeamEvonforever

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

Some other player broke it down to like 555.5 hours of straight grinding getting something like 180 per hour..

So ya.. nobody is getting these wings unless they pay for them via those rich dragon coffers.

Needless to say, I won’t have those wings, and I’m fine with that.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Mentalhead.5721

Mentalhead.5721

Really ANet, 100 000? It’s not really a challenge, it’s more like a chore. I know this thing should be somewhat rare and hard to get, but this is just hardcore grinding. Personally, I don’t like the wings, nor I care about the skin, but it’s still too much in my opinion.

in Dragon Bash

Amun Ra.6435

So 1000 hrs of work…more than I have currently logged since launch lol. Can we get a Anet response on this? Was the 100,000 number as intended?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

So you cant play the game if you do not get these wings? I am sry that NOT a grind that just you wanting it day one.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Arc.7346

Arc.7346

I think it was to stop Zhaitaffy from becoming the next candy corn, sitting at the top of the Top Demanded and Supplied lists for 7 months,
Although it probably wont work.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: DigitalKirin.9714

DigitalKirin.9714

I suspect that the amount of events we’ll come across (if the achievements page has anything to say about it) is not done yet. I would venture a guess that we might have the opportunity to get some chests or maybe even a jorbreaker from these events. But that’s just a guess. I got about 130 from an hours worth of running around, but I suspect that number will probably go down. It would be cool if the number of holograms spawned was like a dynamic event, where if more ppl are near when they’re spawned, the quantity of mobs increased.

Genevieve Talbot [NP] – Noble Phantasm on Stormbluff Isle

in Dragon Bash

Amun Ra.6435

So you cant play the game if you do not get these wings? I am sry that NOT a grind that just you wanting it day one.

Huh? Who said anything about getting these day one? Still not sure if I understand you…

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: rizzo.1079

rizzo.1079

Looks like I’ll be saving up my taffy to sell right around the end of the event when the price skyrockets.

Because that worked out REAL well for my karka shell idea…ugh…

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: ShiningSquirrel.3751

ShiningSquirrel.3751

OK, just heard from a guildie, he got over 2 stacks in less then an hour, just running around doing the holos so apparently it is possible to do a lot better then 100 an hour.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

According to someone in my guild the wings (the non-shatterer ones) also drop from random mobs.

And the TP price has dropped to 55 gold. It will probably drop further if they’re dropping this fast.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”