100k candies for wings? O.o

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Neso.2185

Neso.2185

Waiting till further events before giving up hope. Maybe more candies to come?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: DigitalKirin.9714

DigitalKirin.9714

Problem is that during busytime it’ll be harder to get to a hologram to fight them. There will be more ppl going out in small groups to hunt them, I suspect.

Genevieve Talbot [NP] – Noble Phantasm on Stormbluff Isle

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Amun Ra.6435

Amun Ra.6435

OK, just heard from a guildie, he got over 2 stacks in less then an hour, just running around doing the holos so apparently it is possible to do a lot better then 100 an hour.

Even if 200/hr was the norm…that would be a HUGE grind, beyond the legendary grind.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Zhaneel.9208

Zhaneel.9208

So…..yeah this happened.

Apparently those wings are a random world drop. I’m still kinda miffed about the jade skins. I really want a weapon. I spent so many gems on rich dragon coffers with no luck but….this is kind of awesome.

Edit: Danikat beat me to it.
Attachments:

Attachments:

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: BaronVonBeef.4063

BaronVonBeef.4063

your picture doesn’t work

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Zhaneel.9208

Zhaneel.9208

Yeah sorry fixed it just now

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Geotherma.2395

Geotherma.2395

About 2 hours in I’m at 200+ of them, event should be long enough to get them. Also you have the option to buy them.

So your getting about 100 per hour?
So what your really saying is if I play 24 hours a day for the next 41 days straight, I should be able to get enough? Or I could buy them for 1000 gold?
I am really confused, how is this not a grind of epic proportions?

I am at work so have not logged on yet, but this just makes me so depressed!
What where the devs thinking? Well weapon skins are out, I will probably never get one of them with the RNG. The special wings are out, because there is no way in H E double hockey sticks that I am going to even attempt to collect that many. The dragon helm, while interesting would probably only take up space in storage, so I guess I will have to settle for the 1 set of wings that we should all get. So now I am not even sure why I should even bother with the dragon bash? Oh well, I guess I can keep farming for enough materials to sell them all cheap and trash the economy. ;-)

About, but I was akitteng alot for rl stuff. You get them other ways than just grinding/farming, the pinatas etc. The chests also guarantee drop them, and they are tradeable. Yes I agree 100,000 is a lot, but it is for an epic prize. If it was just 1000 everyone would have one today, what prestige is there in that? The price should drop and you should be able to buy stacks at a fair price, and there is always the chance of other drops from the chests and mobs.

Intel i7 3.9ghz processor 16GB Ram 2TB HDD
Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF
http://everyonesgrudge.enjin.com/home MY GW2 Music http://tinyurl.com/cm4o6tu

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: AndyJo.8794

AndyJo.8794

Or maybe you dont need to feel entitled to complete it this year? In GW1 there were some holiday titles (so like achievements) which were IMPOSSIBLE to complete in one year even if you would play 24 hours while the event was live. I was fine with that. And so I am fine with what they offer now. If you cant grind it now, you can return next year and finish the job. Its not like this thing will be gone forever.

If you have a source on that, I’d be fine with it. But don’t just assume things and call other people entitled who assume otherwise.

Played GW1 for eight years.

Fact: Some Holiday titles took a minimum of 3 years to complete unless you played 12+ hour days, simply factored by respawn times

Observation: GW2 players are deeply entitled and want everything for either no effort or no risk.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: BaronVonBeef.4063

BaronVonBeef.4063

Or maybe you dont need to feel entitled to complete it this year? In GW1 there were some holiday titles (so like achievements) which were IMPOSSIBLE to complete in one year even if you would play 24 hours while the event was live. I was fine with that. And so I am fine with what they offer now. If you cant grind it now, you can return next year and finish the job. Its not like this thing will be gone forever.

If you have a source on that, I’d be fine with it. But don’t just assume things and call other people entitled who assume otherwise.

Fact: Some Holiday titles took a minimum of 3 years to complete unless you played 12+ hour days, simply factored by respawn times

Observation: GW2 players are deeply entitled and want everything for either no effort or no risk.

Games should evolve, failing to do so in this day & age is suicide

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

Up side, I don’t like the way they look as don’t actually want them for any of my characters anyway.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: AndyJo.8794

AndyJo.8794

Games should evolve, failing to do so in this day & age is suicide

Evolving into Achievement Unlocked is not a positive evolution http://armorgames.com/play/2893/

in Dragon Bash

Amun Ra.6435

I don’t think you fully realize the time needed. You say complete it next year…will still be impossible. Remember…its only open for one month and the general consensus so far is that 100-200/hr will be the norm(yes I know its day one) which equals about 500-1000 hrs of play time. I have logged about 900 hrs SINCE LAUNCH! 8/28/12! Almost a full year! Get it?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Some people are already claiming to have 250+ candies and asking what they can do with them if they already have/don’t want the achievement for eating them. So it might not be as hard as it seems.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

in Dragon Bash

Amun Ra.6435

I wonder how successful GW2 would have been if it was a GW1 clone…

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Wallace MacBix.2089

Wallace MacBix.2089

I don’t think you fully realize the time needed. You say complete it next year…will still be impossible. Remember…its only open for one month and the general consensus so far is that 100-200/hr will be the norm(yes I know its day one) which equals about 500-1000 hrs of play time. I have logged about 900 hrs SINCE LAUNCH! 8/28/12! Almost a full year! Get it?

No offense, but then the item isn’t meant for you. If someone can find the time to grind/get lucky to get something, good for them. Everyone doesn’t need to get everything. Remember you are getting a free light/medium/heavy helm if you log in for the fireworks festival, and you can get a free back item by doing 10/14 of the achievements. After 5-7 years there are still plenty of things I still never got in gw1, but why should that bother me? I missed F&F, should I complain because I couldn’t log in then and get X thing?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

100.000 * 5c = 500.000c = 50g
They are 60g now so I don’t think they will get any cheaper than this… Which is too bad, I really like these wings. Don’t like the Shattered ones, one bit.

Quoting for Truth… even if the Wings look dorky with that needless Grid texture on them, people will still know what they’re worth just b/c they’ll figure out what the Base Tokens are worth.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Ortumbra.7490

Ortumbra.7490

So…..yeah this happened.

Apparently those wings are a random world drop. I’m still kinda miffed about the jade skins. I really want a weapon. I spent so many gems on rich dragon coffers with no luck but….this is kind of awesome.

Edit: Danikat beat me to it.
Attachments:

Considering they have been confirmed for dropping from random mobs in the world, I wonder if you can get them as one of the rares from the world boss chests. It would definitely make the wings more accessible to people that don’t have the time to farm 100k candy.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Absolutionis.9427

Absolutionis.9427

Rather than grinding out the Zhaitaffies, sell them and buy the Dragon backpiece off the tradepost.

With 60c right now on Zhaitaffies, it’d cost you 600g worth of them to get the backpiece. You may as well get the backpiece outright for the 40g or so that it’s currently selling for.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

edit: i meant to quote Awe.

That’s just bad design then. To expect customers to stick around for another year based off one event is ridiculous. Not to mention the inventory space these items would take up.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: riverfish.4173

riverfish.4173

I logged in today, first thing I killed dropped these. happy dragon bash

in Dragon Bash

Absolutionis.9427

You can buy them off the tradepost. With current prices of 60c for a candy and 40g for the wings, it’s much cheaper to buy the wings outright.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Mentalhead.5721

Mentalhead.5721

It’s a prestige item, but still 100 K, too much grind. It would be better if this involved skill or something like that, but this is just a chore.

in Dragon Bash

Amun Ra.6435

No offense, but then the item isn’t meant for you. If someone can find the time to grind/get lucky to get something, good for them. Everyone doesn’t need to get everything. Remember you are getting a free light/medium/heavy helm if you log in for the fireworks festival, and you can get a free back item by doing 10/14 of the achievements. After 5-7 years there are still plenty of things I still never got in gw1, but why should that bother me? I missed F&F, should I complain because I couldn’t log in then and get X thing?

Why does it concern me what bothers you and what doesn’t? I really wish people could come up with a response that doesn’t include “Well it doesn’t bother me so it shouldn’t bother you” Or “I play like this so you should also”…never got the logic in these types of responses.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Stormcrow.7513

Stormcrow.7513

Yep. I can already calculate how much time I am going to save by NOT DOING THAT EVER.
Why even dangle the carrot at all?

i7 3770k oc 4.5 H100i(push/pull) 8gb Corsair Dominator Asus P877V-LK
intel 335 180gb/intel 320 160gb WD 3TB Gigabyte GTX G1 970 XFX XXX750W HAF 932

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Ambrosia.2035

Ambrosia.2035

They are 60g now so I don’t think they will get any cheaper than this… Which is too bad, I really like these wings.

If it went down to 2c, then it would only be 20g. No worries, it seems that these are slowly going to get flooded. At the moment there are 2 wings being sold around 40g.

Howdy (.)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: HawkMeister.4758

HawkMeister.4758

100k that´s 400 Stacks!
Where the kitten are we supposed to store all these stacks?!
Edit:OK, just noticed them Jorbreakers. So one only has to deal with 4 stacks.
Still 100k is just too ridiculous for me.

Polish > hype

(edited by HawkMeister.4758)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Simple solution, don’t buy them with toffees. Either buy them direct from the TP (35g last time I looked) or go kill anything, anywhere, and see if you can get one to drop.

I have no idea what the drop rate is but they drop from any enemy, including yellows ones in starter zones, and a lot of people have been getting them that way.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: zerospin.8604

zerospin.8604

Dropped for me from an archer in WvW. All i got from 150 opened chests was one risen knight. Luck evened out I guess.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Wallace MacBix.2089

Wallace MacBix.2089

Why does it concern me what bothers you and what doesn’t? I really wish people could come up with a response that doesn’t include “Well it doesn’t bother me so it shouldn’t bother you” Or “I play like this so you should also”…never got the logic in these types of responses.

You do realize that your argument is that “I don’t have that much time to get this item, it should be easier to get.” My point wasn’t that it doesn’t bother me, my point was that people just seem to complain about everything being hard to get. I don’t care how you play, but to complain that something is too hard to get only after a couple of hours after the event started with no knowledge on drop rates of the wings themselves is ill informed. This is just a cosmetic item (like basically every item in gw2) it has no effect on how you play the game other than your anger over not getting it.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

You do realize that your argument is that “I don’t have that much time to get this item, it should be easier to get.”

Apparently you didn’t get the math, so i will explain it to you. At the estimated farming rate of candies, considering that the event runs for a very limited time, then, even if the same item will be accessible next year (which is not certain – lot of GW1 event items changed every year and you couldn’t get them again if you missed it), you won’t ever get the wings. 5-7 years that you said you played gw1 would be still too short.
It’s not “I don’t have that much time to get this item, it should be easier to get.”, but “This item is clearly designed to be impossible to get this way, so it should be changed into something that is possible”.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in Dragon Bash

Amun Ra.6435

You do realize that your argument is that “I don’t have that much time to get this item, it should be easier to get.” My point wasn’t that it doesn’t bother me, my point was that people just seem to complain about everything being hard to get. I don’t care how you play, but to complain that something is too hard to get only after a couple of hours after the event started with no knowledge on drop rates of the wings themselves is ill informed. This is just a cosmetic item (like basically every item in gw2) it has no effect on how you play the game other than your anger over not getting it.

I’m sorry…was I arguing something? I thought I was just stating simple math based on the little info we had (yes I did point out it is only day one, perhaps you can read next time) How does simply stating acquire time equate to complaining?

Am I angry because I used a “!” in my reponse? Did I say I was “angry”?

And why do you insist on arguing points I never brought up?

in Dragon Bash

Amun Ra.6435

You do realize that your argument is that “I don’t have that much time to get this item, it should be easier to get.”

Apparently you didn’t get the math, so i will explain it to you. At the estimated farming rate of candies, considering that the event runs for a very limited time, then, even if the same item will be accessible next year (which is not certain – lot of GW1 event items changed every year and you couldn’t get them again if you missed it), you won’t ever get the wings. 5-7 years that you said you played gw1 would be still too short.
It’s not “I don’t have that much time to get this item, it should be easier to get.”, but “This item is clearly designed to be impossible to get this way, so it should be changed into something that is possible”.

I knew it wasn’t that hard to understand! +1

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Zero Blaze.6145

Zero Blaze.6145

Incase none of you know, the wing skin are trade-able. instead of spending 1000k gold to buy all the taffy for the wings. spend less than 50k gold right now for them. while supply last that is.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: JackSpacer.4320

JackSpacer.4320

Don’t you get shattered wings as a reward for getting all achievements for Dragon Bash…? People need to calm down.

“The hype is real.”

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: RoterFuchs.9216

RoterFuchs.9216

You just need 10 achievements. But you’re getting the broken wings edition, which is different. But I like them more anyway, so it doesn’t matter.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Eviltwinlink.6759

Eviltwinlink.6759

I found one while killing a ton of centaurs in harathi hinterlands, honestly you will probably find a couple before u acquire 100,000 candys…

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Altair.8402

Altair.8402

By the time you farm 100,000 taffies you’ll probably have gotten 100 of them in drops.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

Eh. At least the much cooler Shatterer wings are much easier to get. Just complete 10 achievements

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Firebaall.5127

Firebaall.5127

After learning what Anet employees earn, I’m thinking this is the result.

28K-33K a year, doesn’t buy much.

(edited by Firebaall.5127)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Firebaall.5127

Firebaall.5127

After learning what Anet employees earn, I’m thinking this is the result.

28K-33K a year, doesn’t buy much.

(edited by Firebaall.5127)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Anwar.2018

Anwar.2018

I think this game has finally shot itself in the foot…..even the most ridiculous fanboi would have trouble seeing any use in this ball content…or the birds..sheesh a half gold a bet? Odds of what…1 in 5?

Like the artwork in those huge dragon ghosts though..good job.

BTW, what do you win in the bird race if you can afford to play it?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Huck.1405

Huck.1405

lol i have the bradygame book for gw2 its approved by arenanet ncsoft and in that book it says we are diffrent we have no grind hhhmmm 100,000 candy to get 100 jawbreakers to get the new wings lol that is more then grind that will make your fingers bleed lol

If having to farm 100k candies aint a grind then what is?

“You can teach ’em, but you cant learn ’em.”

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Wolfey.3407

Wolfey.3407

IMO it should be 100 candies at the bare minimum for 1 jawbreaker
Seeing as they are going the way or Candy Corn I probably wouldn’t be to upset with the limit being set at 250 candies for 1 jawbreaker.

Former PvP Forum Specialist
2015-2016
Fort Aspenwood

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Errant Venture.9371

Errant Venture.9371

We’re supposed to get this many in a month of casual play?

No. you get a free pair of wings for casual play. These are a special reward for those who want to grind/pay for them. Not everything is for casuals ^__^

The Battle Bakery [vPie]

in Dragon Bash

Absolutionis.9427

lol i have the bradygame book for gw2 its approved by arenanet ncsoft and in that book it says we are diffrent we have no grind hhhmmm 100,000 candy to get 100 jawbreakers to get the new wings lol that is more then grind that will make your fingers bleed lol

If having to farm 100k candies aint a grind then what is?

100k candies costs more than what the wings are going for right now. Sell the 100k candies for 400g instead and buy ten wings.

It’s not a grind. Just buy what you want and sell the rest.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

I think the idea was that some rich people would want to have the wings right away and buy up all the taffy, thus sinking some gold through fees while also spreading their money a bit as the poorer people sold their taffy. Of course that didn’t happen but I’m just guessing anyway. Who knows, maybe they just thought taffy would end up like candy corn so the 100k candies wouldn’t be that expensive anyway.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Onis.2418

Onis.2418

Well, I rather like this. Last time we had RNG item that didn’t drop at all and it cost a lot of money to get. This one drops at the world maps, but you can also collect candies to get it. The drop rate can’t be that bad if they are selling at about 50g each. It’s not something that I’d say you can grind on your own, but it’s still possible to buy ones – which is nicer than them being only a RNG item.

Likewise we DO have something for the casuals – there’s the ripped wing version + helm that we’ll get from achievements. Likewise if you’re just willing to let go of the need to have every achievement/item in the game, it’s likely you’ll make some gold as a casual, since you can sell the chests.

While this event doesn’t help the newbies in a direct way, this gives a reason for old folks to roam the world maps again. There’s still a number of us who don’t mind stopping the grind and go help someone get a skillpoint, events like Modiir will likely be much more lively now etc.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Trixie.7614

Trixie.7614

I’ve been selling everything I get from drops and thanks to the many risk taking people I can afford to buy them.

Glorious Human Master Race

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Klonex.4562

Klonex.4562

They are 60g now so I don’t think they will get any cheaper than this… Which is too bad, I really like these wings. Don’t like the Shattered ones, one bit.

i managed to get a pair of wings on the TP for 36g and there was another one for 38g – though it went quick. they’re fluctuating from 33g to 60g. the best thing you can do is keep checking the TP as much as possible. i’m glad i was able to get one, i’m certainly not going to grind for 100k candy.

~Krystal <3 Angela ~
~ I taught cows how to Moo! ~

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

i managed to get a pair of wings on the TP for 36g and there was another one for 38g – though it went quick. they’re fluctuating from 33g to 60g. the best thing you can do is keep checking the TP as much as possible. i’m glad i was able to get one, i’m certainly not going to grind for 100k candy.

These are cheaper than 50g now only because they drop in the open world. The one from the merchant is still a joke.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November