100k candies for wings? O.o

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

OMG everything is behind RNG, ArenaNet sucks!

OMG I have to work to get guaranteed stuff ArenaNet sucks!

This about sums up the people on this forums..

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: mingnonchan.2851

mingnonchan.2851

lordkrall – Are you somehow implying that we have to grind and grind and if we miss the mark, we’ll have to wait a long year JUST to get a back item?

In honestly, I hope to Lyssa that the 1000 Zhaitaffies is just a typo.

in Dragon Bash

lordkrall.7241

lordkrall – Are you somehow implying that we have to grind and grind and if we miss the mark, we’ll have to wait a long year JUST to get a back item?

In honestly, I hope to Lyssa that the 1000 Zhaitaffies is just a typo.

I am implying that people whine no matter what.
I would think people would even whine if we got everything in the game for simply logging in.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

I’d say your best bet is to farm as much gold as possible right now (i.e. CoF p1) while encouraging everyone to farm as much taffy as possible. Then hope that the price of taffy goes down enough by the end of the event that you can afford to buy them off the TP.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Groonz.7825

Groonz.7825

Anet: “SCREW YOU NEW PLAYERS!”

otherwise I’m not sure what their attitude was towards new players.

Buying taffies for the wings (last time I checked taffies @ 25c) 250g
Mini from Moa racing, 24.8g min average.

The only thing a new player can hope for is to ignore the event and just play normally and hope that when they get a coffer if gives a weapon ticket or they manage to luckily have the wings drop for them.

I’d say your best bet is to farm as much gold as possible right now (i.e. CoF p1) while encouraging everyone to farm as much taffy as possible. Then hope that the price of taffy goes down enough by the end of the event that you can afford to buy them off the TP.

Even in best case scenario where taffies overflow the market @1c each that is 10g for the wings. Unfortunately since every person needs 100k taffies, taffies won’t reach 1c because they will have a high demand still from a single person. So even if they turn to 5c per taffy, you are still looking at 50g for the wings. Last time I checked taffies were at 25c that’s 250g for the wings.

The entire thing is stupid, someone must have misplaced the extra 0’s. 1000 taffies in total maybe but 100k that’s just stupid.

(edited by Groonz.7825)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

So 1000 hrs of work…more than I have currently logged since launch lol. Can we get a Anet response on this? Was the 100,000 number as intended?

if you can buy them, why wouldn’t you find an activity you like to do to make the money and then buy them and negate the 1000 hour grind? that would be the logical choice methinks.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

Anet: “SCREW YOU NEW PLAYERS!”

otherwise I’m not sure what their attitude was towards new players.

Buying taffies for the wings (last time I checked taffies @ 25c) 250g
Mini from Moa racing, 24.8g min average.

More like screw everyone that is not COF1 farming or TP flipping.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: kokocabana.8153

kokocabana.8153

The wings in my opinion are not meant to be acquired by most players in a single year. We are already getting immediate rewards from the hat thing from fireworks and shattered wings from achievements. This event is a holiday and it will be recurring each year. Think of the wintersday event. They only gave you enough materials to make 2 of the 5 toy minis and a backpiece(at least I was only able to make 2). Immediate rewards along with something to look forward to next year.

(edited by kokocabana.8153)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: ZilentNight.5089

ZilentNight.5089

100k is insane, when i first heard this, i thought anet accidently left an extra 0 in there.

Im hoping that is still the case, i will farm 10k but 100k is out of the question.

in Dragon Bash

digiowl.9620

Do we have a clear statement from ANet that the taffy and such will be valid for next year? I still have some cogs from wintersday but that is more because i am packrat than anything else.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: ghettogenius.9174

ghettogenius.9174

Hate to say it but it’s working as intended. Not everyone is meant to be rolling around with wings. Just like not everyone is meant to be rolling around in a Nissan GTR. Those who are GTR styling either busted their kittens, won a kitten load of money, or got it handed to them from someone who did.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: migu.3597

migu.3597

The candy are 21c right now.. Times 100,000 that gives 210G.
Even if someone could get those candies, who would trade them for the wings???

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Ruruuiye.8912

Ruruuiye.8912

Guys, bear in mind these are just skins. The dragon wing skin in particular is pretty meh in any case so I won’t be going for it and someone else will inevitably have my (and many other people’s) leftover taffies before the end. I actually think this is handled rather well because it’s strictly a mark of rarity – it’s not an item you need for stats nor IMO an essential fashion skin. I’d rather they hide this behind a grind/pay wall than if it were a bathing suit, a legendary armour piece, or a new fanservicey medium pants.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Black Regent.5897

Black Regent.5897

This game might actually have the whiniest fanbase in the history of anything. I have never seen another MMO where players felt so entitled to have everything immediately.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Daeima.7086

Daeima.7086

This game might actually have the whiniest fanbase in the history of anything. I have never seen another MMO where players felt so entitled to have everything immediately.

Really? I’ve seen much worse.

That being said, there are a lot of common complaints about the Dragon Bash event that I agree with.

My highest character is 38, the other 4 are lvl 8-17. Fifty (50) silver is an obnoxious amount to ask for a bet at the Moa Race. 100K candies for a skin is also beyond absurd considering the drop amount from the available sources. The rest of the consumable items are for lvl 80…not a lot for new or low level players.

Visually, the event is awesome.

in Dragon Bash

digiowl.9620

Can the entitlement claims. If it was about entitlement, people would be requesting that they get everything simply by logging in. No, we are talking about numbers that suggest you have to basically play while sitting on the toilet.

a quick calculation suggests that you need to collect 139 a hour, and that is if you can maintain the rate for 24 hours over 30 days. That would be lethal to even attempt.

Unless ANet clearly comes out and state that said wings are intended to be a multi-year goal, people will approach it as a single month goal. And as a single month goal it is insane.

All in all, this is not about entitlement. This is about a fighting chance without having to forsake any semblance of life outside the game.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

OMG everything is behind RNG, ArenaNet sucks!

OMG I have to work to get guaranteed stuff ArenaNet sucks!

Strawman much?

Besides, the “guaranteed” stuff is priced so you won’t get it regerdless of how hard you’ll work, which is what the current complains are about. But of course it doesn’t matter for anyone for whom any complains, no matter how valid, is whining.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in Dragon Bash

Astralporing.1957

You know, there IS a middle ground between “immediately” and “never”.

Actions, not words.

in Dragon Bash

kokocabana.8153

This is about entitlement. I believe that the Dragon Festival in GW1 is an annual holiday, so why would this be any different? I’m sure people were complaining about how they couldn’t get all the toy minis in wintersday as well. For players that started the game after wintersday or halloween, why aren’t they complaining that they didn’t get those rewards? Because it will come back next year.

The moa races can be expensive, but there’s no need to complete them for the shattered wings. There appears to be several more story achievements coming along so you can skip it. If you really need to have it, you can wait til next year when you hopefully have more gold.

(edited by kokocabana.8153)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Gab Superstar.4059

Gab Superstar.4059

You can easily farm two stacks an hour, which would mean 6-7 hours of farming a day for the remainder of the event. Unfortunately they drop frequently and since you can trade the Zhaitaffys the Wings won’t have any prestige what-so-ever anyway.

I would really like for something like this but without the kitten drops and RNG. Farming 100,000 Zhaitaffys for an item seems like just the thing GW2 needs, and the Jade Skins should cost a static 1000 Dragon Coffers each, and the Coffers should not be tradeable either.

I’m tired of this stupid RNG and catering to people without any sort of patience at all.

You can’t take pride in any GW2 achievement or item at all.

Very Good Detectives [VGD]
Devonas Rest 4 lyfe

in Dragon Bash

digiowl.9620

Not sure you even get close to 2 stacks an hour…

Been at it as much as i can tolerate and i have barely filled one stack in two days…

in Dragon Bash

lordkrall.7241

Strawman much?

Besides, the “guaranteed” stuff is priced so you won’t get it regerdless of how hard you’ll work, which is what the current complains are about. But of course it doesn’t matter for anyone for whom any complains, no matter how valid, is whining.

Oh?
I have seen several people in-game already with these things, so clearly not impossible.
Another thing to keep in mind is that things also drops from mobs, which people seems to ignore.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Dragon Bash

Ruruuiye.8912

You cannot easily farm two stacks in an hour. You run into diminishing returns. I hit diminishing returns in under half an hour and started getting a single taffy for each holo mob.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

Does anyone who’s complaining realize that this isn’t the only way to get the wings? Just curious.

Addendum: These Jorbreakers… we have no idea either whether or not added content to come will drop those. It’s possible that the 1000 per Jorbreaker is simply there to supplement another means of getting Jorbreakers for those who wind up close but not quite there.

#TeamJadeQuarry

(edited by VOLKON.1290)

in Dragon Bash

Gab Superstar.4059

Not sure you even get close to 2 stacks an hour…

Been at it as much as i can tolerate and i have barely filled one stack in two days…

I have taken notes and I am definitely farming that or more.

I pop ~65 Holograms an hour, so that’s already well over a stack. The Coffers seem to have a 1/3 to 1/2 chance of dropping from them, and frequently drop 1-3 Zhaitaffys.

However, I only open them for the Tickets because I need a couple more, but if you sold them you could easily buy a tonne of Zhaitaffy’s from the money you make. Even on my worst run (87 coffers) I would have netted ~3g from selling the Coffers. At 22c per Taffy you do the math…

You cannot easily farm two stacks in an hour. You run into diminishing returns. I hit diminishing returns in under half an hour and started getting a single taffy for each holo mob.

The drop rate is ALWAYS 1 Taffy per mob.

Devonas Rest 4 lyfe

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: KneeGrowMan.9354

KneeGrowMan.9354

You people realize not all the content for Dragon Bash is out yet right? So as more stuff comes available the rewards of candy might be a lot more. Stop whining till you get all the facts.

in Dragon Bash

Ruruuiye.8912

Except when coffers drop and you get 3 more.

If it really were 1 taffy per mob you’d have to kill a holographic mob every 7.2 seconds to get two stacks in an hour so anyone claiming that would still be wrong.

(edited by Ruruuiye.8912)

in Dragon Bash

Gab Superstar.4059

If it really were 1 taffy per mob you’d have to kill a holographic mob every 7.2 seconds to get two stacks in an hour so anyone claiming that would still be wrong.

Maybe next time you can read my post before quoting it.

Thank you.

Devonas Rest 4 lyfe

in Dragon Bash

Ruruuiye.8912

Thank you.

Perhaps you should have given the same consideration before quoting my post before assuming that I hadn’t. :p

Again, diminishing returns. By the time I got ~200 candies, the drop rate for all holo mobs dropped to 1 taffy per kill. At that point your expected returns dependent on coffer drops falls off. That means 1 holo mob per 7.2 seconds. That means waypointing to a waypoint near a holo, loading the zone, running there, killing them all and looting them all and then finding the next holo. This is assuming no disconnects, no missed holos etc.

(edited by Ruruuiye.8912)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: ShiningSquirrel.3751

ShiningSquirrel.3751

OK, just heard from a guildie, he got over 2 stacks in less then an hour, just running around doing the holos so apparently it is possible to do a lot better then 100 an hour.

Even if 200/hr was the norm…that would be a HUGE grind, beyond the legendary grind.

Not 200 an hour, 2 stacks. That’s 500 an hour.
It’s still a grind, but doable. I have no intention of doing it myself. After finally seeing the wings I find them ugly as sin and would not want them for free. I am getting a little tired of the crystal blue look, it’s been done to death in this game and needs to stop.

in Dragon Bash

Gab Superstar.4059

Thank you.

Perhaps you should have given the same consideration before quoting my post before assuming that I hadn’t. :p

Again, diminishing returns. By the time I got ~200 candies, the drop rate for all holo mobs dropped to 1 taffy per kill. At that point your expected returns dependent on coffer drops falls off. That means 1 holo mob per 7.2 seconds. That means waypointing to a waypoint near a holo, loading the zone, running there, killing them all and looting them all and then finding the next holo. This is assuming no disconnects, no missed holos etc.

Are you saying that after farming 200 mobs you received no more Coffers?

Devonas Rest 4 lyfe

in Dragon Bash

Astralporing.1957

Strawman much?

Oh?
I have seen several people in-game already with these things, so clearly not impossible.
Another thing to keep in mind is that things also drops from mobs, which people seems to ignore.

You have already answered how it is possible that some people already have it – they have it from drops. Not from merchant.

Actions, not words.

in Dragon Bash

lordkrall.7241

You have already answered how it is possible that some people already have it – they have it from drops. Not from merchant.

Which would make the whining about the cost from the merchant rather silly, don’t you think?
Since clearly it is possible to get it in other ways.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

Which would make the whining about the cost from the merchant rather silly, don’t you think?
Since clearly it is possible to get it in other ways.

This is the point where the thread should die. We know two things for certain…

1. You can definitely get the wings by other means.

2. There definitely may or may not be another means to get Jorbreakers that hasn’t been introduced yet.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Jabberwock.9014

Jabberwock.9014

I seriously don’t know why they create such convoluted ways to get items and then add them as random drops as well. The same thing happened at Halloween… it cost 100g+ to craft a mad moon shield but then the shield randomly started dropping from a chest so you could buy one on the tp for 10g, rendering the recipe to craft one completely pointless.

At this point you’d have to be remarkably stupid to spend 100k taffies (200g) to make the wings when you can buy them directly for 22g (and falling).

Get stoned whenever you want:
Endless Petrification Tonic

in Dragon Bash

lordkrall.7241

I seriously don’t know why they create such convoluted ways to get items and then add them as random drops as well. The same thing happened at Halloween… it cost 100g+ to craft a mad moon shield but then the shield randomly started dropping from a chest so you could buy one on the tp for 10g, rendering the recipe to craft one completely pointless.

At this point you’d have to be remarkably stupid to spend 100k taffies (200g) to make the wings when you can buy them directly for 22g (and falling).

It is a good idea to leave people different options though.
Some people want to work for the item (as in getting the candies or the wings as a drop), while others prefer to buy it outright.
Why not make both crowds happy?

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Dragon Bash

Jabberwock.9014

If you want to farm 100k taffy for one pair of wings, I pity your intellect. You can sell those 100k taffy on the tp and buy 10 wing covers.

Not to mention you could just farm cof for 3 and a half hours to buy one wing cover, compared to farming 24/7 for a month to get 100k taffy.

(edited by Jabberwock.9014)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Frostedblaze.9017

Frostedblaze.9017

The wings drop from the world. Enough of them have dropped to push the price down to around 20g on the TP. These aren’t meant to be for EVERYBODY. The shattered wings are. Honestly, you can make 20g pretty quickly farming the coffers for this event

Aiden Frost
Check out my S/D Ele tPvP guide: http://intothemists.com/guides/202-aiden_frosts_sd_sustain_burst

in Dragon Bash

lordkrall.7241

If you want to farm 100k taffy for one pair of wings, I pity your intellect. You can sell those 100k taffy on the tp and buy 10 wing covers.

Why can’t you simply accept the fact that some people prefer to earn stuff themselves? Abusing people just because they don’t play the game the way you do is quite silly.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: UrMom.4205

UrMom.4205

why not just do 10 out of the 14 achievements to get the wings instead….that’s easy as crap

Team Raven [TR](Dead)
Wu Táng Financial [Táng] – YB

in Dragon Bash

lordkrall.7241

why not just do 10 out of the 14 achievements to get the wings instead….that’s easy as crap

Different wings.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Gotchaz.7865

Gotchaz.7865

The wings are on TP on my server for 27 gold lol I bought some yesterday when it went down to 40, then bumped up to 64 gold and I sold them making a nice little profit.

Beowulf-Defender of the JQ Realm and Warrior of the SF clan.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Getefix.9150

Getefix.9150

i really hope that they either correct the 1000 taffys if it was a mistake or that the ‘story’ quests give us like 25 jorbreakers each :P

“Nothing is true, Everything is permitted”

Kiel Replacement Movement

(edited by Getefix.9150)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Arduin.3029

Arduin.3029

The wings are on TP on my server for 27 gold lol I bought some yesterday when it went down to 40, then bumped up to 64 gold and I sold them making a nice little profit.

Trading post is game-wide.

in Dragon Bash

Jabberwock.9014

Why can’t you simply accept the fact that some people prefer to earn stuff themselves? Abusing people just because they don’t play the game the way you do is quite silly.

Where did this notion that using the tp isn’t “earning it” come from? Why is it any better to buy from an npc than a player? If you are willing to spend 10 times more just to get your reward from an npc you deserve to be abused.

in Dragon Bash

kokocabana.8153

Or you can save up for next year or the year after that. It’s a long term goal like legendaries or other holiday rewards. This game was not meant to simply exist for one year and then get shut down because GW3 gets announced later this year.

in Dragon Bash

lordkrall.7241

Where did this notion that using the tp isn’t “earning it” come from? Why is it any better to buy from an npc than a player? If you are willing to spend 10 times more just to get your reward from an npc you deserve to be abused.

Because gold have been obtainable since the release of the game, whilst the candies are Dragon Bash special-drops, therefore getting it by using only candy it would mean you had actually dedicated yourself to do the events and get the candy.
Simple as that.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: UrMom.4205

UrMom.4205

Different wings.

derp, my bad lol

Team Raven [TR](Dead)
Wu Táng Financial [Táng] – YB

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Or you can save up for next year or the year after that. It’s a long term goal like legendaries or other holiday rewards. This game was not meant to simply exist for one year and then get shut down because GW3 gets announced later this year.

Are you sure next year we won’t have an all new currency? What is your evidence?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

100.000 * 5c = 500.000c = 50g
They are 60g now so I don’t think they will get any cheaper than this… Which is too bad, I really like these wings.

If it went down to 2c, then it would only be 20g. No worries, it seems that these are slowly going to get flooded. At the moment there are 2 wings being sold around 40g.

Supply in action… now there’s getting darn near 200 available, and the price dropped way below their Token’s Merching value the first day after it just started it. WTG Art Team… shoulda left the Grid off. This isn’t Tron, it’s supposed to be Guildwars / Canthan Festival.