Backpiece flaping?

Backpiece flaping?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Anyone else here kinda turned off from the backpiece because of the constant flapping? I love the wings, I really do, but the flapping constantly looks really odd. Am I alone on this?

Backpiece flaping?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: AltoNat.8129

AltoNat.8129

Nope I like it and is the only reason why I’m doing dragon bash stuff. Course I could be the weird one.

Backpiece flaping?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Morbyd.3761

Morbyd.3761

I agree, I’m kinda turned off. I thought i might like them at first. Then i stared at the preview a few more seconds and realized that my own character may end up giving me a headache.

[Yay]

Backpiece flaping?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Entropy.4732

Entropy.4732

I dig it. Although I wish the wings were bigger.

Styx Hemlock – Sylvari Mesmer – TFG – NSP

Backpiece flaping?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

Wish the wings were larger, and wish there was a possibility of two different approaches to the flapping:
1. Make the flapping a stop/start cycle: IE, flap for 5 seconds, pause for 5 seconds, flap for 5 seconds…etc,etc.
2. Make them flap only when you have your weapon out. Pause them when weapons sheathed.

Related to those two options, it’d be nice if they folded when not flapping.

Anyways, just some thoughts. And for the record, I think they are absolutely great!

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

Backpiece flaping?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: StarbornStriker.6493

StarbornStriker.6493

1. Make the flapping a stop/start cycle: IE, flap for 5 seconds, pause for 5 seconds, flap for 5 seconds…etc,etc.
2. Make them flap only when you have your weapon out. Pause them when weapons sheathed.

Related to those two options, it’d be nice if they folded when not flapping.

I don’t mind the flapping, I think it’s beautiful. I like these two options though, especially the idea of the wings being folded when they aren’t flapping. Another suggestion is for them to flap a tad bit slower. I feel like they flap really fast.

Backpiece flaping?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

The flapping is beautiful, just too fast for my taste.

I would prefer more understated once-in-a-while animation; less hectic, more majestic.

Backpiece flaping?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Shaez.5762

Shaez.5762

The flapping should be really slower. AION did a good thing with this. Make it move like the sclerite shell, slow

Backpiece flaping?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

i like Lonewolf’s ideas.

just to add on, to have idle animation like your character does, weapon sheathed or wielded. for e.g. wings would spread out and do a little stretch when idling.D

i think wings flapping when there is movement, or maybe like said, dependent on weapons. and then wings definitely folded when standing still. apart from the idle animation mentioned above.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

Backpiece flaping?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

I think the wings are prefect as they are. There will be plenty of opportunities for new back pieces to be added that have the characteristics listed rather than ruining the existing back piece for people who like it the way it is.

Backpiece flaping?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Ortumbra.7490

Ortumbra.7490

I think the wings are prefect as they are. There will be plenty of opportunities for new back pieces to be added that have the characteristics listed rather than ruining the existing back piece for people who like it the way it is.

Ruin is a pretty strong word there. People are just suggesting the implementations of options, one of which could be to keep it the way it is now. No one is saying they need a complete re-haul of the wings, they just want some more options to choose from.

Backpiece flaping?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

they should have a toggle for on/off. make everyone happy.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Backpiece flaping?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

Ruin is a pretty strong word there. People are just suggesting the implementations of options, one of which could be to keep it the way it is now. No one is saying they need a complete re-haul of the wings, they just want some more options to choose from.

Ruin is applicable if the changes suggested are made. People are suggesting a global change that either makes them not flap all the time or flap more slowly.

One person, who replied after you, suggested a switch to turn them on or off giving people choice. Odds of that are pretty low, since it is a lot of work.

Backpiece flaping?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Yea I’m with the OP on this one. The flapping kinda turned me off. I’m still gonna get the shattered wings, but I’m certainly not grinding it out for the normal wings (100k zaitaffy!?)

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Backpiece flaping?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Yeah. I thought about buying a set of those wings and decided against it. The flapping was too fast and annoying. The constant movement catches the eye too much. I would prefer either slower or maybe not flapping when standing.

Backpiece flaping?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

They need to fix the animation for the shatterer wings (assuming the preview animation is what it will be like ingame). The other wings i think are fine.

Backpiece flaping?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Arduin.3029

Arduin.3029

Yea I’m with the OP on this one. The flapping kinda turned me off. I’m still gonna get the shattered wings, but I’m certainly not grinding it out for the normal wings (100k zaitaffy!?)

You can buy them from the TP, saves you from collecting 100k zaitaffy.

http://www.gw2spidy.com/item/43346