Can we just stop, please?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Sitkaz.5463

Sitkaz.5463

I totally agree with the op. Hard to believe with Southsun just over the same people are doing the same thing and arriving at the same complaints… bah.

One question: why does it say “user was infracted for this post” by the time stamp on this post?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: normyp.8671

normyp.8671

Hey man I don’t see a problem with buying a few RNG. I mean, it increases the rare discovery and it supports A-net.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: shimmerless.4560

shimmerless.4560

Exactly. After playing LotRO for two years I can honestly say that GW2 is heaven compared to what that has become. Five hour weekly downtimes for one hotfix, Pay2Win buffs in the store, One pvp map for SIX years, a tyrannical dictatorship running their forums, and the same end-game content for the last two expansions. And its hardly F2P, you can’t get through to level cap without having to buy quests/maps etc. For VIP access you pay 10 bucks a month (and you have to be VIP to access the pvp zone).

Trust me, Anet have saved my life. I actually want to throw money at them.

Yeah, it’s kind of crazy seeing the things people get up in arms about in GW2 lol. I don’t know if maybe the only game they’d played was GW1 and it set their expectations, but GW2 is so mind-bogglingly more forgiving about general pay-to-win and RNG stuff it’s just no contest.

Coming here from STO it’s a complete world of difference.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Kichwas.7152

Kichwas.7152

2.) The holo dragons in the lower zones breed competition and contempt.

It was like this during Halloween, Christmas and SAB. Same plan. But considering all the impatient people want to finish this in a day, it’s become a major issue. Once again, YOU HAVE AN ENTIRE MONTH. Let the crowds thin out and you’ll see the nodes sitting around doing nothing, like they have in every other event beforehand.

It was NOT like that during SAB.

Those spawned crystals that anyone could come and gather.

http://kichwas.wordpress.com/ – GW2 Blog Presenting the Opposing View
JAH Bless – Equal Rights and Justice for all.
Justice And Honor – Tarnished Coast.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: MakersMark.8420

MakersMark.8420

Yes, it was like this during all other holiday events. Just rinse, wash, repeat. They recycle the same format, add new RNG items, and watch the cash roll in.

How about some improvements, and/or originality?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

I also agree with the OP. The amount of crying and complaining on the boards lately is really surprising. Overall, I’ve liked the updates and events. Not since that “other game” has an MMO held my attention for this long.

ANet really is doing a great job.

One question: why does it say “user was infracted for this post” by the time stamp on this post?

One of the people or persons the OP mentioned in the post (not by name, mind) apparently complained and a moderator edited the post, I’m guessing.

Gone to Reddit.

(edited by Ardenwolfe.8590)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Bweaty.9187

Bweaty.9187

Im happy with rng.
I can see how the 3 wins at 50s a try is a bit pricy for some. (Didn’t stress me, but I made 3 friends get this game in the past month. Not the ‘oh the world events are awesome you can do them first day of play’)

What troubles me the most is… your #2. It’s NOT like the other events. If you don’t do enough damage you get no loot/achievement.
The thing I love most about this game is, not fighting each other for rewards!
This event is the first time it’s felt like WoW or Rift, where abusing other players is a core element. Even someone in this threat pointed out, the best plan is to abuse others till they leave the map.

I’ve tried more quiet higher level maps (So the monsters die slowly), set up groups of nice players where we wait on each other, try not to do too much damage so others don’t miss out.
But, once you get 4x people on the node, you start missing on kills. Even with them all trying there hardest to share.

You also didn’t point out about the massive exploits left in this patch. From knocking down moa’s, to eating to cheat in dragon ball.

Some people are just going to rant no matter what. But, I feel a lot of people love this game very deeply, and that this event really shows some troubling things. Where speaking our point of view on the forums, because were worried about our loved baby.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

I totally agree with the op. Hard to believe with Southsun just over the same people are doing the same thing and arriving at the same complaints… bah.

Someone disagreed with the post and reported it for having caps because using caps is forbidden by the forum terms. Moderator bureaucratically agreed because the law is the law and letter of the law is more important than spirit of the law. I’ve been infracted for posting about something that’s legal where I live, in 5 states now too but apparently I was posting about illegal stuff.

Doesn’t take away from the fact that OP is 100% correct.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

(edited by marnick.4305)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

Add dragon ball to the moa gamble as parts that shouldnt be achivements.

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

The complaints thus far are absolutely mind boggling.

1.) Moa racing shouldn’t be part of the meta achievement.

Congratulations, it’s not! You only have to do 10/14 achievements, of which you have AN ENTIRE MONTH to do.

It was like this during Halloween, Christmas and SAB. Same plan. But considering all the impatient people want to finish this in a day, it’s become a major issue. Once again, YOU HAVE AN ENTIRE MONTH. Let the crowds thin out and you’ll see the nodes sitting around doing nothing, like they have in every other event beforehand.

3.) RNG RNG RNG RNG RNG RNG RNG RNG

The biggest complaint I saw in Southsun was the fact that the crates off mobs didn’t drop enough. Now they drop off ANY WORLD MOB and now you have coffers being THROWN at you, in the hundreds and thousands, and you DON’T HAVE TO PAY A DIME. The RNG boxes have worked the same in EVERY OTHER HOLIDAY BEFOREHAND and if you’re a sucker enough to keep buying into them, then I have no hope for you as a human being. People are picking up hundreds IN A SINGLE DAY, and once again, THE EVENT LASTS FOR AN ENTIRE MONTH. The weapon skins DO NOT AFFECT YOU, in ANY WAY, SHAPE, OR FORM, so have some WILLPOWER and DON’T BUY THEM.

By god, ever since that “other MMO” started handing everything to everyone by just logging in, everyone thinks that’s how it should be now.

If I could +10 you I would OP.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: gvaughn.4163

gvaughn.4163

If people have complaints, so be it. I wouldn’t let it bother you.

HoD

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Cameirus.8407

Cameirus.8407

Ok, i’ll stop complaining, not because there is nothing to complain about, but because i’ve stopped caring. And thats the worst outcome possible.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Veldan.4637

Veldan.4637

The RNG boxes have worked the same in EVERY OTHER HOLIDAY BEFOREHAND and if you’re a sucker enough to keep buying into them, then I have no hope for you as a human being. The weapon skins DO NOT AFFECT YOU, in ANY WAY, SHAPE, OR FORM, so have some WILLPOWER and DON’T BUY THEM.

+1 just for this.

It’s exactly how I feel when I’m reading the 4528th whine post about RNG in boxes.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

The Holo mobs are still needed for the “kill 300” achievement which is why many players are still farming them I think.

I completed it this morning around 9AM EST since I was about the only player in Lornar’s Pass.

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: WatchTheShow.7203

WatchTheShow.7203

Congratulations, it’s not! You only have to do 10/14 achievements, of which you have AN ENTIRE MONTH to do.

The biggest complaint I saw in Southsun was the fact that the crates off mobs didn’t drop enough. Now they drop off ANY WORLD MOB and now you have coffers being THROWN at you, in the hundreds and thousands, and you DON’T HAVE TO PAY A DIME. The RNG boxes have worked the same in EVERY OTHER HOLIDAY BEFOREHAND and if you’re a sucker enough to keep buying into them, then I have no hope for you as a human being. People are picking up hundreds IN A SINGLE DAY, and once again, THE EVENT LASTS FOR AN ENTIRE MONTH. The weapon skins DO NOT AFFECT YOU, in ANY WAY, SHAPE, OR FORM, so have some WILLPOWER and DON’T BUY THEM.

By god, ever since that “other MMO” started handing everything to everyone by just logging in, everyone thinks that’s how it should be now.

I can’t +1 this enough!

Last month: OMG THE CRATES NEVER DROP!
This month: OMG MAKE THE COFFERS STAHP TOO MANY!

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Devildoc.6721

Devildoc.6721

Isn’t Dragon Bash only up till the 17th?

Zapp – 80 Asura Afromancer

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Mia Lunarfang.5826

Mia Lunarfang.5826

I completely disagree with OP on one point, they may have increased the RNG box drop rate, but they drastically decreased the rate of finding a skin in one. That or simply the system is at an imbalance.

My guild mate opened 15 coffers and found a ticket… I spent almost the entire day fighting holos, bet on 30+ races, fought in 60-80 dragon ball matches, spent five gold buying 120 coffers… opened around a thousand coffers in total … no ticket.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Isn’t Dragon Bash only up till the 17th?

It finishes on 9th July.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Kelthos Doombringer.9032

Kelthos Doombringer.9032

The reason the player base is frustrated is because of the expectations that Arena.Net gave us.

Guild Wars 2 was raised onto a pedestal that promoted “No grinding”. Yet.. here hundreds of us are. Grinding for hours to get a ticket.
Nope, I don’t want things handed to me, I don’t think any of us do. A lot of people know how MMOs work, you have to dedicate some time to get to the things you want, these skins are no exception.
But don’t lie to your player base, Arena.Net, and tell us that your game won’t have a grind.

And If we wanted to have things handed to us, we’d go to the gem store and just buy the skin tickets! Oh.. wait.

Level 80 Human Necromancer

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: SkyBound.7490

SkyBound.7490

Right…you have a month right? Then something bugs out mid June and the holo stops spawning and your kills don’t count towards your achievements. Remember the audio logs and the dirt/snow covered items fiasco? By all means, do it last minute, you have a MONTH afterall.

Me? I like to be safe than sorry.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Mia Lunarfang.5826

Mia Lunarfang.5826

Right…you have a month right? Then something bugs out mid June and the holo stops spawning and your kills don’t count towards your achievements. Remember the audio logs and the dirt/snow covered items fiasco? By all means, do it last minute, you have a MONTH afterall.

I cant play this game for a month, so I dedicate my time on the release days then drop it until the next update… so I have to complete everything in a relatively short time or give up completing it at all.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Setun.4368

Setun.4368

Coming from a long list of previously MMO experience I’m always amazed as to how often people on these forums complain about all the free content coming out for this game. Hell, when I played EQ1 back in the day they didn’t do kitten until a new expansion rolled out just about.

Also something to think about regarding these living story events: what if these events are the base ideas for a much larger event / expansion? This could be their way of QA testing possible future content while having it have its own flavor. Just some food for thought.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Shadowtech.5071

Shadowtech.5071

I can’t +1 this enough!

Last month: OMG THE CRATES NEVER DROP!
This month: OMG MAKE THE COFFERS STAHP TOO MANY!

It’s been 2 days, everyone needs to chill and stfu, we have a month. All i see omfg 100 chest and no skin. Well so what, sux 2 be you bra. And blah blah i can say more but ya know what i mean.

Catastraseed – Guardian / Keytuura – Engineer
[GoA] Guardians of Äsgard
Maguuma

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Shadowtech.5071

Shadowtech.5071

I cant play this game for a month, so I dedicate my time on the release days then drop it until the next update… so I have to complete everything in a relatively short time or give up completing it at all.

so all of gw2 has cater to you and screw everyone else?

Catastraseed – Guardian / Keytuura – Engineer
[GoA] Guardians of Äsgard
Maguuma

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Dafomen.7892

Dafomen.7892

Well, again for me it was the right thing to do those holos for the achievement ASAP, because now ppl have to chase those stupid holos across half the map.

And this is how ANET does things since release and this is why ppl do this in ‘one day’ before the “public testing” is over.

This won’t end well…

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Traveller.7496

Traveller.7496

I would like the option to purchase the skins from the gemstore directly for those that aren’t as lucky as the rest of us or simply don’t like to gamble. I’m sure there are others like me who won’t buy RNG boxes but would spend money to get the skin we want, even if it would be a bit more expensive.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

The subjects in question do not want to hear logic, OP.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: nglcpyro.4906

nglcpyro.4906

Whenever I read about losing to RNG, I can’t help but laugh. No event so far comes close to the odds of getting an event box/chest simply by playing the game! If you want to farm it out, go ahead whislt the rest of us carry on doing whatever and hoping we get lucky.

Anyway some people can spend their whole lives buying lotto tickets and never win, whilst someone buys one and wins the jackpot. RANDOM = RANDOM, not to mention the ‘jackpot’ is simply cosmetic. If it was game changing then RNG would be a problem though which has not and hopefully will not ever happen. Just be happy you don’t need to go out of your usual play style to get the biggest chance of event items (chests)

[OCD]Ordo Contegium Destinatus
-Plush Griffon Recruit of the Jade Quarry Militia-

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Mastruq.2463

Mastruq.2463

Let’s be really clear, no one is being forced to do anything.

Want the shiney? Accept to do what it takes to get the shiney.
Don’t wanna do that? Don’t expect to get the shiney.
Don’t like what you gotta do? Don’t do it. Go ahead and even complain about it.

But don’t make up some kitten that you’re being forced to do it.

So, unless that’s a dev with a loaded gun standing behind you and giving you no alternative but to sit there an press buttons, wake up and accept it’s your choice to play however it is you chose to.

Sure, but what have the players who have not wished to waste their money on RNG boxes got in the past few months. Just look at the settlers weapons we got at the end of the last living story. It really shows how much anet cares about those players. This has turned into a f2p model MMO.

This has been a f2p model MMO from the start. B2p just means they take a first cut for the box, they WILL deliver content you feel pressured to spend money just the same as f2p. I was expecting that before I bought the game, and I’m sure many did. This company (and especially their publisher…) arent a charity, they want a revenue stream that enables them to work on other projects in addition to keeping this one running. Now there are various rumors that Anet gets the short end of the stick in this regard but that doesnt change the situation much. The share Anet gets is still bigger if the gem store is more successful any way you cut it.

I do agree that the comparison of the “free” settler weapon skins to the various gem store RNG skins highlights a reality that most people here are aware of but refusing to accept.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Grileenor.1497

Grileenor.1497

So there are people complaining about how things are done and some are happy about it. Nothing wrong with both. Not every one likes the same things. What ist not ok is telling people to quit voice an oppinion, which is not yours op. And that is the reason I dislike this whole thread.

‘Can we just stop, please?’ No, not today and not in a year which is fine. If you like all the stuff Anet is doing, great for you. There are lots of people who don’t, respect that.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: RedCobra.7693

RedCobra.7693

i agree with everything you said apart from one thing, how does it not affect me that i cant get the skins due to luck? becuase they are cosmetic? this game isnt about stats its about the cosmetics otherwise i wouldnt care

RedCobra – Ranked PVP Druid
Current Season – Platinum (Soloq)
Retired GW2 ESL Tournament Admin

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

It took me a few hours but I came to this realization too. I wakittenting up holos, opening coffers with no weapon tickets, and groaning about how much more I had to do for achievements. Then I realized it was the first day and I had a whole month to enjoy this content. I’ve already got the fireworks and 1/2 the taffy eaten, 1/5 of the holos killed…in 1 day. Yea, this is an easy thing once I realized I was rushing it. I haven’t tried Dragonball yet so I hope that goes alright. And I’m glad I only need 10 cuz I’m not gonna throw more money away on Moa racing.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Sitkaz.5463

Sitkaz.5463

So there are people complaining about how things are done and some are happy about it. Nothing wrong with both. Not every one likes the same things. What ist not ok is telling people to quit voice an oppinion, which is not yours op. And that is the reason I dislike this whole thread.

‘Can we just stop, please?’ No, not today and not in a year which is fine. If you like all the stuff Anet is doing, great for you. There are lots of people who don’t, respect that.

Any time you try to voice a dissenting opinion in a thread that hates rng etc, you get called an Anet fanboy and told to take your apologist attitude elsewhere. I guess this is elsewhere.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Finale.5281

Finale.5281

This is assuming that there won’t be more achievements that simply don’t count towards the meta, like the dragon ball achievements that do not count at the present.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: zerospin.8604

zerospin.8604

Funny how many people are so eager to ++ a post that is 66% wrong.

1) Agreed, no brainer. No +10 or hero awards from me..

2) So, you do not see how nodes such as this kill an entire point on the GW2 manifesto? Really? A whole month? With a 0.02% chance? Do you even know what that means? How ridiculously low that chance is, and what if you want multiple skins for a couple of chars? So what if the coffers drop like rain, you got blinded by it. It’s the combined chance of coffer drop * ticket drop that counts and that is.. abysmal. And many even after farming for the whole month will go out without a single skin, and I fear I will be one of them, because I’m already bored of the farming and chests don’t drop often in WvW. A whole month? That is your excuse? So you would also blindly defend the old crafting node system from other MMO’s right? Because hey, you have years to gather the mats, so it’s ok if others steal them. That does not change the fact it breads bad feelings, and negativity.

3) Haha that really made your post invalid. The weapon skins don’t affect you in any way? Sorry what? This game is all about getting cosmetics. Infused / exotic gear is meaningless, the +5 on a stat is nothing, and yet most people would be outraged if you could buy them for money. A skin > infused gear in this game. Period. Don’t believe me? have you seen the price of legendaries? Now think for a second. What are legendaries? Do they make you OP? No, they are… skins. Skins are the single most important thing to obtain in this game. That’s why RNG with an abysmally low chance being the single way to obtain some really awesome skins, and during limited time, is a huge problem. At least you have unlimited time with legendaries. Not so with the jade weapons.

So yeah, it is sad to see how many fail to see it. Mind boggling indeed!