Coffer drop rate change from Holos?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Elidath.5679

Elidath.5679

Wait, I’m getting paid? Then where the hell is my money!?

You know, it is way easier for some people to believe there is a conspiracy to keep them away from free stuff than to think that RNG is * gasp* random!
If anyone experience their predicament, it is definite proof (because it is well known a random experiment can’t get the same result twice), and if someone contradict he is with the conspiracy. Strokes of bad luck don’t exist, people, only communist aliens from another dimension stealing your sweet sweet candies.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: bravoart.5308

bravoart.5308

Most of the holos aren’t giving boxes anymore if you’ve killed one or two sets of them in the zone already. Just taffy. :\

DR ruins another event.

Finally I recalled the stopgap solution of a great princess who was told that the
peasants had no bread and who responded: “Let them eat brioche.”

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: JayMack.8295

JayMack.8295

I don’t have that experience.

Me and a Guildmate ran around Iron Marches for an hour doing the holograms all over the map. I occasionally got nothing from the enemies that spawned, and I occasionally got 1, or 2. I also occasionally got 4 coffers from them for the entire hour I was there.

It seems, at least in my experience, that it’s exactly the same as before.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: toafarmer.8401

toafarmer.8401

I didnt pay attention to drop rates, but there was some sort of ninja change to holo creatures. Ive noticed that now they become invulnerable for a few seconds, what didnt happen before. But a ninja change to drop rates would make sense, since the coffers drop tickets and NCsoft is all about making money. They might wanna boost the lottery boxes sales.

in Dragon Bash

Elidath.5679

But a ninja change to drop rates would make sense, since the coffers drop tickets and NCsoft is all about making money. They might wanna boost the lottery boxes sales.

1) all but ticket drop from coffer hold no gem value ;
2) ticket from coffer are really rare, so reducing rate of tickets per coffer would be undetectable ;
3) reducing the very high drop rate from coffer would be immediatly called for and displease customers ;
Hence, from a mercantile point of view, reducing coffer drop rate wouldn’t make sense. A reduction in ticket drop rate would.

People still being displeased because they can’t understand RNG is sadly another effect, on which they hold no control (from the predicate that ANet want to use RNG, that is).

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Lisa.6102

Lisa.6102

I didnt pay attention to drop rates, but there was some sort of ninja change to holo creatures. Ive noticed that now they become invulnerable for a few seconds, what didnt happen before. But a ninja change to drop rates would make sense, since the coffers drop tickets and NCsoft is all about making money. They might wanna boost the lottery boxes sales.

Oh well they aren’t very good Ninja’s then are they

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/news/Game-Update-Notes-June-11th-2013/first#post2207230

Or maybe just Ninja’s that aren’t very stealthy … LOL like Pseudo Ninja’s or something

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Ordin.9047

Ordin.9047

Its fairly easy to see the change in coffer drop rates lately. Maybe the designers should go in and see if they messed it up when they nerfed the holos. It wouldnt be the first time it happened.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

The rates from the nodes definitely changed.

However the drops from creatures has not at least for me. Maybe it’s a bug? I just got candy like crazy yesterday but 1 box out of ten node kills. I don’t think it was intentional but we’ve seen this kind of thing before in the loot system.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

But a ninja change to drop rates would make sense, since the coffers drop tickets and NCsoft is all about making money. They might wanna boost the lottery boxes sales.

1) all but ticket drop from coffer hold no gem value ;
2) ticket from coffer are really rare, so reducing rate of tickets per coffer would be undetectable ;
3) reducing the very high drop rate from coffer would be immediatly called for and displease customers ;
Hence, from a mercantile point of view, reducing coffer drop rate wouldn’t make sense. A reduction in ticket drop rate would.

People still being displeased because they can’t understand RNG is sadly another effect, on which they hold no control (from the predicate that ANet want to use RNG, that is).

Let me reitterate, RNG would work like this in every mmo if it were truly as simple as Random chance. Computers cannot yet perform truly random algorithms as any computer technologist worth his weight in water will tell you it’s just not possible yet.

So, this argument is as wrong as it is old. We should look for other explanations because it doesn’t cover everything, especially with the evidence to the contrary where there’s been loot issues since November if it were truly a delusion then people would have reported these things since launch but no they started originally in November (right around the time of a change in the drop rates of Unid’d Dyes) which means something around that time started happening which lead to the killcredit bug, which led to the ecto salvage rate etc etc. Now since we’ve seen these types of things before, it’s got to be some kind of malfunction because it doesn’t make sense to make their players mad by doing this consciously, so yes the reporting this to the devs is not only necessary and right.

Doesn’t matter your opinion when there’s evidence that things have gone wrong with both loot and salvages in the past, it could be happening again.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

(edited by tigirius.9014)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

What I noticed before the patch and have not seen since is that sometimes 2 would drop off of 1 kill. So maybe that was fixed and that is why there are less now.

Nah I still get 2 coffers of holo mobs quite a lot.. not really noticed any change in coffer drops myself.. ran around Fields of Ruin for an hour today and amassed 102 coffers, and pretty much every projector I activated yielded at least 1 coffer.. I amactually thinking that the trash mob drop rate might actually of been raised as well, but that is just me.. RNG and DR are fickle things I guess.. I bet this evening I wont even get half that many.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: neodome.7401

neodome.7401

Same here. The first few days was getting awesome drops for Coffers but ever since around late friday to early Saturday drop rate went in the toilet. I can kill a good 15-20 mobs and get 1 coffer instead of like every 3rd or 4th mob. My son who was with me at the same time has the SAME results. He had wonderful drop rates (even though the RNG to get a weapon ticket is bullkitten) but his is nerfed massively.

I also noticed this on the Halos as well. I would usually round up a good 3-4 Coffers per Halo. Im lucky to get (1) to drop more often than not its none.

The devs claimed there was no change to ecto salvage rate then realized an error. They can say nothing changed all they want but after trying multiple maps/camp locations and mobs myself and my sons drop rate went in the toilet.

I’ve loved MMO’s for years this is the first time ive truly been disappointed by the RNG and inconsistancy

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Zeivu.3615

Zeivu.3615

I’m in the boat with everyone else. There has been a significant drop in coffer drops. I farmed mobs before the patch, and they really were quite common. Now, I’m not seeing a whole lot. Just because the devs didn’t directly tinker with the rates doesn’t mean they didn’t accidently break something. I’m not a math expert, but it feels that I’m getting less than 1/5th, prior to the patch.

(edited by Zeivu.3615)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I guess I’m the exception then. I’ve actually been getting more coffers today than I was getting on Friday. Friday I got 75 or so in around 2 hours. Today I’ve gotten 140 in 2 hours. I’ve also actually been getting double coffers (some enemies drop 2 coffers instead of just 1) from some holograms, which I didn’t ever see happen on Friday.

I did decide to buy some Laureate Magic Find boosters today and I wasn’t using them on Friday, but I don’t really think the extra 30% MF boost has made THAT much of a difference.

But its RNG, and maybe my luck is just a bit higher today.

I still don’t see how anyone would get 250 in a couple hours. Unless they’re just on less populated servers and killing holograms 100% non-stop, which could be the case (I’m on TC, so I usually have to wait).

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Ursan.7846

Ursan.7846

Let me reitterate, RNG would work like this in every mmo if it were truly as simple as Random chance. Computers cannot yet perform truly random algorithms as any computer technologist worth his weight in water will tell you it’s just not possible yet.

Random is what we observe as random. Nothing in the world is “truly” random. A thrown dice is governed by the laws of physics, yet we cannot discern it hence we deem it “random.”

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Curo.2483

Curo.2483

Hey guys, I think I’ve found the problem.

The RNG as we know will often produce the same number multiple times in a row in short succession, making it not really random. So, when we were all bursting down the mobs at the same time, and they all dropped items at the same time, if RNG said we were to receive a coffer, we’d receive multiple coffers. You probably remember clearing some holos and not getting any coffers, then you’d get 4 from the next one. That’s because RNG likes to stick to the same seed number and not be random at all.

Now that we are not bursting them down together (they walk apart and we kill them one at a time), RNG has a chance to be more random, and now the true coffer drop rate is more accurately reflected.

Curo Lunesque – “Concerned Citizen and Community Builder”
NSP – northernshiverpeaks.org

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Duke Nukem.6783

Duke Nukem.6783

the drop rate on coffers from holograms has not changed BUT the holograms have beome tougher to solo

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

How on earth are you getting 100+ coffers per hour? I’ve been running around starter zones for completions, killing everything I see along the way, and I’m getting 20-25 an hour at best

I do it farming holos. Find an area where you can do a circle of holograms where the first one respawns just as you finish the last.

I do an 11 holo cycle for 20 mins (usually about 24-25 holos total) and get 38-50 coffers total. I only run 20 mins at a time so I’m not sure how DR would affect this method (my circle is pretty big, though).

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Is there DR on coffers from holos? Last night I was bouncing between a couple. When I started I was getting 3-4 coffers per holo group. By the end it was about 0-1 coffer per holo group. Dunno if that was just RNG or if there is actual DR for farming the same holos and if DR affects coffers.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

in Dragon Bash

Elidath.5679

You might want to check your facts on this one. You know, some real computer technologist might pass here
In short : an isolated algorithm cannot be trully random. But a whole system can, by using external sources. And it is as easy as it can get (check your core temperature, and voila). So yes, the drop of the GW2 system can be totally random.

So, this argument is as wrong as it is old.[…]

You went on to explain how random could only be pseudo-random (which is wrong but whatever). Which has exactly zero influence on drop since pseudo random is random enough for humans, in an environment with so many variables and inputs, and pseudo-random algorithms do have perfectly acceptable repartition.
Then you continue on saying since some people had bad luck since november only as a proof it couldn’t be anything but bugged/nerfed RNG. But oh, wait, it’s even earlier than that. And if you ever heard of placebo (or nocebo here) effect, you should know it is by no way a proof : someone accuse of stealth nerf, then everyone and his dog not having it’s ultimate XXX mega drop think it is because of a stealth nerf, not because of RNG.
My my main argument is that ANet has no reason to nerf coffer drop, they could tweak ticket drop only. Then I explain the “testimonies” of nerf are perfectly acceptable observations in a sane RNG environment. It indeed is old (sad it has to be repeated), but you in no way proved me wrong. If you have the proofs, please produce them, it would help the devs a lot I think.

Doesn’t matter your opinion when there’s evidence that things have gone wrong with both loot and salvages in the past, it could be happening again.

Again, I return this argument to you : there was way more instance of people suspecting an inexistent nerf in the past than there was stealth nerfs. No more reason to believe it out of the blue now than before.

TL;DR : can there be a bug or a nerf in drops ? It can. Is there ? No reason to think so. Don’t forget you aren’t the only one rolling the dice.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Vick.6805

Vick.6805

If ANet didn’t intentionally decrease the coffer drops, there has absolutely been an UNintentional decrease since the second patch during the event.

It has absolutely nothing to do with DR or RNG, since when the event started, I would get 4-5 coffers from every group of holos (no matter how long I was in a zone). Now, even when I first start farming holos in a zone, I’m lucky to get 1-2.

in Dragon Bash

Elidath.5679

And that’s what is called observation biais : “I saw a decrease so it’s not random, it is an hard decrease”.
No.
I still have 4 coffer/holo, so it is not a proof of any change in the game. It is at best a clue, and a flimsy one at that.
There might be an unintentional decrease, but stating it as a fact is plain disinformation.