Dragon Ball - Can't Play With Friends

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Delryn.7235

Delryn.7235

This is something that really reduces the amount of fun I could be having with this new really interesting game they added, but when I get a couple friends together to play Dragon Ball we always end up in different games.

It’s pretty frustrating how every single new mini game they add the same thing happens, back in the Halloween update with that hide and seek mini game it was the same problem, crab toss same thing, and now this.

I really can’t enjoy these fun little new additions to their full extend when I’m playing against blank faces while my friends are all in different instances.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

This is intended to prevent from premade matches destroying the fun of the rest of the game, which is predominately solo.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Yep, I agree. This is something that no one should be allowed to ruin for others by having their whole guild in there. Imagine one guy against a guild that was trying to target just him. It’s a recipe for griefing.

I have a big guild too, but allowing teams to play with effectively ruin this game for most players.

in Dragon Bash

Delryn.7235

Me and a variety of other people just opt out from playing these mini games due to the fact we’re playing against what might as well be a bunch of NPCs.

I find them fun and would love to fully enjoy them but sadly I can’t.

I understand the thought behind having 5 people who know each other play together being strategically superior to 5 random people but that just makes them more challenging, doesn’t make them invincible.

You can play with friends in sPvP and although that gives you an advantage over a group of random people it still happens and it’s still fun and fair.

Playing with complete strangers almost entirely removes any fun factor for me, not just me either about 90% of the people I know go in to see the new mini game and get tired of it really fast.

in Dragon Bash

Delryn.7235

Yep, I agree. This is something that no one should be allowed to ruin for others by having their whole guild in there. Imagine one guy against a guild that was trying to target just him. It’s a recipe for griefing.

I have a big guild too, but allowing teams to play with effectively ruin this game for most players.

Well Dragon Ball is limited to 5 players per team. And if an entire team targets one person they’ll most certainly lose.

The reason a game such as Team Fortress is so fun is because you can play with friends and know who you’re killing or helping, it gives a more satisfying, personal, and pleasurable experience.

If in Team Fortress for example you were forced to go into random games it wouldn’t be half the success it is today.

Same for GW2 sPvP, if you couldn’t play with friends I wouldn’t even bother playing it.

(edited by Delryn.7235)

in Dragon Bash

Vayne.8563

Me and a variety of other people just opt out from playing these mini games due to the fact we’re playing against what might as well be a bunch of NPCs.

I understand the thought behind having 5 people who know each other play together being strategically superior to 5 random people but that just makes them more challenging, doesn’t make them invincible.

You can play with friends in sPvP and although that gives you an advantage over a group of random people it still happens and it’s still fun and fair.

Playing with complete strangers almost entirely removes any fun factor for me, not just me either about 90% of the people I know go in to see the new mini game and get tired of it really fast.

So you can’t enjoy a game that’s meant to be played the way it’s meant to be played. Okay. I’ll enjoy it, even though I am in a guild.

We sit on mumble, we’re all playing, all in different arenas having a good time anyway. This is not meant to be an organized team sport…it’s mean to be a mini-game. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few…or the one.

in Dragon Bash

Delryn.7235

So you can’t enjoy a game that’s meant to be played the way it’s meant to be played. Okay. I’ll enjoy it, even though I am in a guild.

We sit on mumble, we’re all playing, all in different arenas having a good time anyway. This is not meant to be an organized team sport…it’s mean to be a mini-game. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few…or the one.

No minority should get trampled by the will of a majority, but this is entirely beyond the point.

There’s a lot in GW2 and a variety of other games I don’t entire agree with but still enjoy, this is something I went into with the mindset of liking it but just got completely bored of it minutes later, the lack of immersion and the lack of a more personal experience ruins it for a lot of people.

I’m also sitting next to a friend, we’re both playing separate games while desperately wishing we could be playing the same.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

just let guilds members play in their own rooms.

only guild members vs guild members.

everyone is happy.

in Dragon Bash

Delryn.7235

I agree with Deimos, there should be the option to go into random matches or group selected matches.

In the end though I just wanted to let my thought and the thought of many others be heard because I know this holds back something that could be so amazing.

in Dragon Bash

Vayne.8563

It’s a temporary minigame that’s here for two weeks. My guild is enjoying it, pretty much as a whole. If the ONLY way you can enjoy a game is with your guild, I’d suggest you have bigger problems than Anet allowing you to play with them.

It’s a mini game. It’s temporary. It’ll be gone soon. Play it or don’t play it, but Anet isn’t going to program a group thing into for the people who insist on it.

And no the majority doesn’t have to trample the minority. But the minority should have realistic expecations about how far out of their way a company will go to appease them.

in Dragon Bash

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

the problem with people is that they dun unite together towards a common goal.

if a lot of people made a fuss about this, things may be different in the future.

a lot of people just dun care enough.

in Dragon Bash

Vayne.8563

That’s my point. I don’t think enough people care about this to have enough people make a fuss.

I’d honestly have no problem if Anet made two arenas. But what if that meant queuing instead of playing until another full team came in? I know if you queue for touraments in SPvP you end up having to wait, sometimes for extended periods of time.

You don’t think people would complain about that? Is it worth Anet’s time to make the extra effort just so those who want to play that way can wait in queues?

Maybe…maybe not, too.

in Dragon Bash

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

or just give us pvp browser.

everyone will be happy.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: RoterFuchs.9216

RoterFuchs.9216

That’s my point. I don’t think enough people care about this to have enough people make a fuss.

I’d honestly have no problem if Anet made two arenas. But what if that meant queuing instead of playing until another full team came in? I know if you queue for touraments in SPvP you end up having to wait, sometimes for extended periods of time.

You don’t think people would complain about that? Is it worth Anet’s time to make the extra effort just so those who want to play that way can wait in queues?

Maybe…maybe not, too.

I really think there are more than enough people who would enjoy a good 5vs5 team-match than having to play totally random. Including me and my guild. Given how this minigame is setup in a pvp environment and thus using the pvp mechanics (hello pvp armors!), it shouldn’t be that hard to implement either a server browser or a quick finder for team versus team without having a big queue. Especially since this mode is new there would be more than enough players around.

I also don’t get what is bad about sitting in queues. I rather wait in a queue to play with friends. If people don’t like that, they can just join the random skirmish, which is forced upon us now anyway.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: RevLuc.7823

RevLuc.7823

I can see the reason for not let groups, but I think they should just make a second area where you can go in as a team. Talk to the same person, have a choice of I have a group or I don’t have a group. Premade groups are pitted against each other.

That can’t be that difficult of code to put together.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

All the arguments brought up here for AND against rosters also apply to sPvP.

In sPvP we do have rosters.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: DaddyBoJangles.6012

DaddyBoJangles.6012

I’ll never understand why this game refuses you to enter team based competition with your team. Wintersday Capture the Flag Esque game would have been a blast with a group of guildies. This looks like it would be just as much fun, but yet it’s random 5v5 teams ( ._.) C’mon Man!

So instead of entering this with a group of 5 and using some type of strategy or teamwork to win, you either get paired up with a group that has some afker’s or you get lucky and get stuck with a group thats semi sticking together and working together. I played about 15 matches last night, the teams I was on won 2. Had a couple really close matches come down to the last kill but I’d say 8 or so I was on teams that were blasted with at least 2-3 people akitten at all times.

I don’t come to the forums to complain hardly, I actually really enjoy Dragon Ball, it’s a fun game mode. Just curious as to why we can’t enter these type of events with a party.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Chesire.9043

Chesire.9043

Am I the only one that really really hates this mini game? Only played the 20 games for the achievement :/

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: zerotwo.4731

zerotwo.4731

I found that players would switch to a team where the better players were and after two games the score would be lopped sided, When the game starts over again they have the option of switching so they group up again. I found I was stuck with the same group of ppl that didn’t seemto know what to do. After 5 games of 500-200 I called it quits.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

That’s a limitation of them using the same method as hot join arenas for activities.

They should work on that, maybe adding a tournament version one can join in teams.

Oh, and they should also allow people to use town clothes in them.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Andead.8567

Andead.8567

It’s possible to join, u need only to tap in the same time when you friend tap to join it. sometimes works.

Andeadwolf –Ring of Fire – [WIC]
War Inc Community
http://www.warinccommunity.com/forum/index.php

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Chesire.9043

Chesire.9043

I found that players would switch to a team where the better players were and after two games the score would be lopped sided, When the game starts over again they have the option of switching so they group up again. I found I was stuck with the same group of ppl that didn’t seemto know what to do. After 5 games of 500-200 I called it quits.

Same. I don’t plan on attempting the win achievement because of this. My current success rate is 6/20 due to that very reason, and before that it was because people were exploiting the food bug.

Was pretty cheese.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

We would like to play these things as a guild event, 5v5. At the moment we never play the Keg Brawl for the same reason. We want to play as a grourp.

This mini game is just the same stupid situation as the tower defense game at Wintersday. It would have been a ton of with friends. With a PuG? No thanks.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

The Toypocolypse should have been group-doable instead of random. That much I agree on, because it was players vs AI, so there would have been nothing “unfair” about allowing groups. Allowing groups wouldn’t make it less fun for the AI, as the AI can’t have fun.

I do not agree that Dragon Ball should be group-capable, however. Pitting an organized group of players using Mumble against 5 random people would heavily skew the game in favor of the group. It would pretty much completely nullify “hotjoining” the game and require everyone to sit around Lion’s Arch shouting “Looking for competent group for Dragon Ball, Mumble required!”.

Now, if there was a separate group mode in addition to the current random hotjoin version, then that would be fine, and probably the best solution. I do see the point people are making saying they want to play as a guild or with a group of friends, and it would be nice if they could be accomidated as well. Just not at the expense of the people who have no guild or just want to join for a quick game getting curb-stomped by organized guild teams.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Kovu.7560

Kovu.7560

Topic – +1

~ Kovu

Charr Ranger, Necromancer, Thief
Fort Aspenwood. [CREW], [TLC], [ShW], [UNIV]

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Jemmi.6058

Jemmi.6058

I agree with OP.

I was excited to try this out when I read about it online. Then when I got home I was chatting to my guild and they mentioned you cannot go in with friends and are grouped with randoms. My interest level immediately plummeted.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Epicninja.8429

Epicninja.8429

dragon ball is boring, people run around in groups of 3 zerging you because your team is kittening off in the corner, u cant party up, and half the time their are 3 akitten people on the map, it is an utter clusterkitten, i got half way through the achievements and stopped because they either dont count or are bugged either way, i dont want to play more dragon ball….

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Skady.5916

Skady.5916

Inability to group with friends is the main reason I do not do any type of spvp in gw2.

Sadly

A man of knowledge lives by acting, not by thinking about acting.
-Carlos Castaneda
Skady Valda