Dragon Weapons Skins images already here!

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

The weapons look amazing, but the fact you can only get them with the horrible ticket rng system tells me I will never get one.. Just like the fused/scelerite weapons….

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Grounder.7381

Grounder.7381

besides the shield, i think most of these skins don’t look that good. depends though, if they actually gives off particle effect, or just plain duff skins..

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

They look worse then the Sclerite weps. Atleast those had blood/ichor dripping. These seem so generic and bland. No glow , no effects..

Some of us, a small percentage, perhaps, but some of us actually prefer weapons with no glow and no effects.

The table is a fable.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Sebulon.7683

Sebulon.7683

Most of them look really good! I hope I don’t need to farm 8 hours a day for RNG chests that don’t give me a single ticket the whole month no matter how many I open.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Latinkuro.9420

Latinkuro.9420

“Rich” means guaranteed ticket. Normal one like Southsun drop in the world and by participating in events.

Where did you find stated “Rich Dragon Coffer” = “Guaranteed Ticket”? Please provide a source for the sake of everyone being properly informed. Also, in answering, be careful that the source you provide directly answers this very important point without ambiguity. Thanks!

-Vawn

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/june-11-2013/

I just assume anyone that is interested took the minimal amount of effort to be informed by reading the official page.

My original link leaves no ambiguity to anyone that has read this official page.

You’re welcome.

The official page does NOT say anything about guaranteed weapon ticket it only states they are inside, the only thing it states clearly is that these weapon tickets can be found RARELY in the dragon coffers that drop in the game.

Where you came to understand GUARANTEED TICKET from this is ludicrous !

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: X The Manimal.5293

X The Manimal.5293

Wait wait wait, so the Sword isn’t just a mini greatsword?! :o

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Dakiaris.2798

Dakiaris.2798

You know what sucks about this whole thread…. While the weapons look nice… 90% of us will never get one due to it being strictly a cash shop/.0004% drop rate from a box that has a .0004% drop rate.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Malleus Maleficarum.2603

Malleus Maleficarum.2603

I want all of them, will probably get none :/

These look much better than sclerite imo

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Reloading.3260

Reloading.3260

They all look like kitten.

Least when they hide skins behind Mr Cox blox box’s they’re usually ugly.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Kasama.8941

Kasama.8941

Great looking skins!

80 Ranger | 80 Mesmer | 80 Thief | 80 Guardian | 40 Engineer
“The learned is happy, nature to explore. The fool is happy, that he knows no more.”
-Alexander Pope

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: philmosk.3420

philmosk.3420

Very Canthan / Luxon looking, fine for patchouli-wearing turtle huggers, looking forward to some decent Kurzick skins eventually…

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: ShiningSquirrel.3751

ShiningSquirrel.3751

I love the long bow, but I am just going to assume that there is next to zero chance of getting it, so I am not going to get my hopes up. :-(

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Zalani.9827

Zalani.9827

Im really liking the longbow and staff skins.
They all look really nice though.

Jadis Narnia-Sylvari Ranger of [EDGE]
Dragonbrand

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

And another redonk sized Greatsword. Can we please, at some point Anet, get a greatsword that DOESN’T look like its pregnant with a monster baby? I mean seriously, you guys have some fat swords. Put them on a diet.

Most of the rest of the skins look great. Why ruin the greatsword skin by making it so big it’s funny looking, like pretty much every other greatsword?

I’ll even spend real money on the game again for a good greatsword skin not gated behind luck instead of just converting gold to gems!

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: SuLor.2840

SuLor.2840

I really like the axe. If I manage to get a ticket I’m getting that axe for my ranger. It’s so pretty.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Tito.3270

Tito.3270

Ugh, that has to be the most ugliest greatsword skin in GW2 yet :/

in Dragon Bash

Aeonblade.8709

Ugh, that has to be the most ugliest greatsword skin in GW2 yet :/

I don’t know about ugliest. Have you seen the base 80 exotic pearl greatsword? It’s close, but I think the pearl takes the cake as ugliest weapon ever drawn, ever.

That being said it’s pretty dang bad. Less preggers greatsword skins please

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

Finally a weapon set where all the work isn’t on GS while making the other skins with the remaining time.

Btw not really impressed – manly, nothing that caught my attention/desire enough to justify even a try to the RGN lottery.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

in Dragon Bash

Aeonblade.8709

Finally a weapon set where all the work isn’t on GS while making the other skins with the remaining time.

Btw not really impressed – manly, nothing that caught my attention/desire enough to justify even a try to the RGN lottery.

What GS did they spend all this time on? Because there are only about 3-4 skins that even look like a Sword…

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Bright.9160

Bright.9160

And another redonk sized Greatsword. Can we please, at some point Anet, get a greatsword that DOESN’T look like its pregnant with a monster baby? I mean seriously, you guys have some fat swords. Put them on a diet.

Most of the rest of the skins look great. Why ruin the greatsword skin by making it so big it’s funny looking, like pretty much every other greatsword?

I’ll even spend real money on the game again for a good greatsword skin not gated behind luck instead of just converting gold to gems!

There are plenty of basic looking greatwords in the game already . I really don’t see what your problem is .

Fyi, I love the Jade Greatsword.

Legion of Doom [LOD] – Death ’n Taxes [DnT]
“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard
that they will cry, not just a river, but a huge ocean.” – Wethospu

in Dragon Bash

Aeonblade.8709

There are plenty of basic looking greatwords in the game already . I really don’t see what your problem is .

Thanks for linking all the basic models of the game. It really helps my case. No seriously! That’s like every GS in the game that isn’t pregnant. Good job sir

The only one I would even consider using at 80 would be Vision. The rest are low level skins or skins that look like they belong on a level 17.

Thanks again, and I’m glad someone does actually enjoy the jade model, that means it wasn’t wasted time!

Oh and FYI I don’t want a basic skin. I want a nice skin that isn’t 4 feet wide.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Neb.4170

Neb.4170

Another ugly hammer.

Hurray.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

I hope the pistol looks better in game. Cuz this preview seems chunky rather than long and as an Asura I need long pistols if I wanna even see em. So not sleek.

Everything else though looks fantastic. Well, maybe not the GS. And that Shield is Amazing!

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

Thanks for linking all the basic models of the game. It really helps my case. No seriously! That’s like every GS in the game that isn’t pregnant. Good job sir

The only one I would even consider using at 80 would be Vision. The rest are low level skins or skins that look like they belong on a level 17.

Thanks again, and I’m glad someone does actually enjoy the jade model, that means it wasn’t wasted time!

Oh and FYI I don’t want a basic skin. I want a nice skin that isn’t 4 feet wide.

I don’t know, but TBH I don’t consider several of those skins as looking like they belong on a level 17. Out of the 19 GS he linked, 5 I’d consider as low level looking (the ones called “iron greatsword” “bronze greatsword” and so on), the rest I wouldn’t see as not belonging on a level 80. Actually, my guardian at different times has used tkittenon vanguard and the lionsguard greatswords until settlings for the guild commendation one (which I love how it looks, but it’s one you might call a fat greatsword), and a guildie loves the ghastly greatsword (it’s the one you get from AC tokens), and as a guardian I’d love to be able to get foefire’s essence if it wasn’t so hard in the first place (since it looks just like the guardian’s spirit weapon), just to name a few, and I like how most of the other ones linked look like .

Actually, visions of the mysts, other than the particle effects, look just like one of the most basic greatswords, for my level 80s I’d much rather have one of the other GS, though I don’t really have a problem with fat ones either (my guardian is wielding the guild commendations greatsword, which is rather fat, and my mesmer the super greatsword)

BTW, I don’t like the GS blade either, I’d rather they had kept the handle but changed the blade to a longer thinner katana style blade, or something more similar to the regular sword, but some guildies do love it. If I ever get one of these jade weapons, it’ll be either the hammer, staff or scepter (I like the shield too, but my guardian, my only shield bearing character at 80 for the time being, already has the guild commendation shield that fits his look better, IMHO).

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

(edited by locoman.1974)

in Dragon Bash

Aeonblade.8709

I don’t know, but TBH I don’t consider several of those skins as looking like they belong on a level 17. Out of the 19 GS he linked, 5 I’d consider as low level looking (the ones called “iron greatsword” “bronze greatsword” and so on), the rest I wouldn’t see as not belonging on a level 80. Actually, my guardian at different times has used tkittenon vanguard and the lionsguard greatswords until settlings for the guild commendation one (which I love how it looks, but it’s one you might call a fat greatsword), and a guildie loves the ghastly greatsword (it’s the one you get from AC tokens), and as a guardian I’d love to be able to get foefire’s essence if it wasn’t so hard in the first place (since it looks just like the guardian’s spirit weapon), just to name a few, and I like how most of the other ones linked look like .

Actually, visions of the mysts, other than the particle effects, look just like one of the most basic greatswords.

I agree with you for the most part with this, I have used tkittenon Vanguard weapons before, and I considered using the Skybringer skin for a while. The others just don’t appeal to me, but I can see why people like them.

I’m a sucker for particle effects coming from DAoC where pretty much every weapon had them that dropped.

I’m really not trying to put anyone down, I would just like to see some new skins that aren’t so fat, but still have the intricate detail like the jade GS. If it was a more traditional european style weapon I guess is my point, I would personally like it a lot better.

And I agree the Ghastly GS is an amazing model, I actually missed that one in his post!

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Tito.3270

Tito.3270

Somebody should tell a-net that you use swords as a slashing and stabbing weapon and not like a hammer.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

The Rich Dragon Coffer is now available in the Consumable category of the Gem Store for 100 gems each, or 5 for 400 gems and 25 for 2,000 gems. This special festival box always contains Dragon Bash candy and also has a chance to contain fireworks, a Mini Holographic Risen Knight, and rarely a Dragon’s Jade Weapon Skin Ticket.

Thanks.. thanks a lot.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

in Dragon Bash

Aeonblade.8709

The Rich Dragon Coffer is now available in the Consumable category of the Gem Store for 100 gems each, or 5 for 400 gems and 25 for 2,000 gems. This special festival box always contains Dragon Bash candy and also has a chance to contain fireworks, a Mini Holographic Risen Knight, and rarely a Dragon’s Jade Weapon Skin Ticket.

Thanks.. thanks a lot.

Oh that’s disappointing. I had heard the coffers would have a high drop chance of the ticket. I guess it’s a good thing I can live without the models.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

I love the jade skins. LOVE them.

Few things I would have done differently:

• I wish teh pistol and rifle handles were jade.
  • I wish the sword was slimmer, or just a curved jade blade, without the zigzag.

Other than that, they’re simply amazing. It is hard to pick any favourites, although I think the axe and the shield are all the way up there.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Thanks.. thanks a lot.

Yes. But this page http://www.guildwars2hub.com/media/gallery/dragons-jade-weapon-gallery says,

Luckily these tickets can be acquired relatively frequently from the various Dragon Coffers that drop

So in summary, the drop chances are:

• Rich coffer: “rare” (Source)
  • Drop coffer: “relatively frequently”(Source)
    And
  • More rarely in drop coffers than rich coffers (Source)

The more is posted on the skin chances the more confusing it gets. So… how about releasing some actual numbers?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Kiriwar.7382

Kiriwar.7382

Well… I don’t like any of them, but I do admit their detail is exquisite and are wonderfully designed. Don’t care for them though. I think Sclerite was the only RNG weapon skins I actually ever wanted… :/

Good luck defeating the RNG Beast to anyone who wants ’em.

Like swords, sorcery and misfortune?
Read Wingless, a fantasy comic about a knight’s journey, here!

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

Thanks.. thanks a lot.

Yes. But this page http://www.guildwars2hub.com/media/gallery/dragons-jade-weapon-gallery says,

Luckily these tickets can be acquired relatively frequently from the various Dragon Coffers that drop

So in summary, the drop chances are:

• Rich coffer: “rare” (Source)
  • Drop coffer: “relatively frequently”(Source)
    And
  • More rarely in drop coffers than rich coffers (Source)

The more is posted on the skin chances the more confusing it gets. So… how about releasing some actual numbers?

Chances of them releasing actual numbers are close to 0 (just like lotteries don’t release actual chances of winning), but just wait a few hours, we’ll soon see posts on reddit and on these forums like “I got 100 (or other suitably large number) of boxes, here are the results”.

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Thanks.. thanks a lot.

Oh that’s disappointing. I had heard the coffers would have a high drop chance of the ticket. I guess it’s a good thing I can live without the models.

Disappointing yes but not at all surprising..

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Rastos.3812

Rastos.3812

Got my staff this morning just farming for the hologram achievement. Looks great with the necro effect.

Attachments:

Reaper/Berserker/Dragon Hunter/Daredevil/Rev/Druid.
Ebay Server.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Greyalis.2309

Greyalis.2309

Got first jade weapon the longbow last night for my warrior!

Was between that and the GS or Shield—very hard choice but the longbow won me over. Looks massive on my norn female. If i get another one though will be shield hands down, I just hardly try shield offhand combos.

Mildly upset the guns seemingly shoot smoke trails but the bow doesn’t have any affects—oh well.

Self Is The Emblem All

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

I primarily use short bows, and for once I was looking forward to the jade short bow as being a smaller version of the longbow since this dragon longbow is so freaking awesome…then I was greatly disappointed.

Not only does the short bow not look like the longbow, but it barely has any visible dragon features other than the heads at the ends (yes, heads…plural) due to being completely covered up by these silver things hiding most of the bow…and to make it worse, the ‘handle/grip’ area is squared in 90 degree angles and wrapped tightly with brown string so it completely destroys any form of snake/dragon appearance.

So now I have a longbow skin just to have it despite my never using longbows. Only other decent looking one was the axe skin, but I rarely if ever use axes due to the skills for them really not being all that powerful/useful.

:\

Attachments:

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

(edited by StinVec.3621)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Daxxter.8920

Daxxter.8920

God are those skins ugly, thank the lord I am making tons of cash with this event or I would have been disapointed.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Greyalis.2309

Greyalis.2309

I primarily use short bows, and for once I was looking forward to the jade short bow as being a smaller version of the longbow since this dragon longbow is so freaking awesome…then I was greatly disappointed.

Not only does the short bow not look like the longbow, but it barely has any visible dragon features other than the heads at the ends (yes, heads…plural) due to being completely covered up by these silver things hiding most of the bow…and to make it worse, the ‘handle/grip’ area is squared in 90 degree angles and wrapped tightly with brown string so it completely destroys any form of snake/dragon appearance.

So now I have a longbow skin just to have it despite my never using longbows. Only other decent looking one was the axe skin, but I rarely if ever use axes due to the skills for them really not being all that powerful/useful.

:\

did you get that shortbow from Zelda the wind waker?

:P jk— it’s still original and doesn’t look bad at all for a shortbow.

Self Is The Emblem All

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Entropy.4732

Entropy.4732

Gorgeous designs. I REALLY want that pistol for my Mesmer. Longbow is hands down the best. Absolutely gorgeous. Rangers must be chomping at the bit. Two complaints: scepter (as always) is disappointing. Just a chunk of jade? I like my scepters glowing with some kind of magical effect! Or at least delicate and fragile. They’re not maces for Grenth’s sake! Also, the sword design is way too cartoony. If we are going to have a Chinese dragon theme, please give us some Asian style swords!! A katana would be amazing, but if you want to stay away from Japan and go Chinese all the way, there are some gorgeous Chinese sword designs to draw from. IMO the sword looks like a giant letter opener. Ick.

Styx Hemlock – Sylvari Mesmer – TFG – NSP