Dragon's Jade Claim Ticket

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Bars T Death.6451

Bars T Death.6451

Sorry to say the dragon weapons look terrible can you guys make a ticket exchange system for fused weapons or the winter days one.

Jade Quarry
All lvl 80’s

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Jam.4521

Jam.4521

I think you might find yourself slightly lonely with that view, personally I think they look great, not all weapons need special effects.

BOOM

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Sinikka.2794

Sinikka.2794

These are my favorite weapons skins so far. Just saying.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Setun.4368

Setun.4368

The shield by far is the best skin, with the longbow in 2nd place imo. Everything else is pretty ’meh’tastic

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Meluna.1764

Meluna.1764

The funny thing is: there will always people like this. Guildie had a fused weapon ticket but disliked the look of the fused weapons.
So since the tickets aren’t tradable, you have people who want tickets but can’t get them and people who have tickets and don’t want them. I really wish they were tradable =/

in Dragon Bash

Bars T Death.6451

well not trade-able as such but but a merchant that will exchange them even for small fee alot might like that idea.

Jade Quarry
All lvl 80’s

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Streambeta.3694

Streambeta.3694

Yeah, I will definitely be getting a few skins from this collection.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

How can you be sure you will be getting a few when you can only gamble for them? You could open thousands of coffers and not even get one, never mind more than one.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Ozymandias.5704

Ozymandias.5704

How can you be sure you will be getting a few when you can only gamble for them? You could open thousands of coffers and not even get one, never mind more than one.

Indeed. I really like a few of the new skins, that shield in particular. However I will not get it since I don’t have the gold to buy tons of chests with such a low drop rate being only a “casual” player. Nor do I want to put tons of RL money into gems for a chance to get one, least of all when that money can buy me food and housing.

It steam engines when it comes steam engine time.
- Charles Fort

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

Not only are the skins really nice this time around but they are pretty common to get. Without a ton of farming you can easily get 100 coffers in a single day and the event goes for a month.

Lets see if people really like having skins that everyone else has when the month is over or if people want to go back to the super rare Scelerite and Fused.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Ozymandias.5704

Ozymandias.5704

Not only are the skins really nice this time around but they are pretty common to get. Without a ton of farming you can easily get 100 coffers in a single day and the event goes for a month.

Lets see if people really like having skins that everyone else has when the month is over or if people want to go back to the super rare Scelerite and Fused.

I, for one, wants a skin that looks good, regardless of what others have. I could care less about how other people look in game. I just want my own character to look cool.

I also doubt that these skins are “common”. Sure, the green boxes drop more often than the scelerite ones (I got like 2 for the whole southsun event), but the odds for each green box is like .05%. That is far from common.

It steam engines when it comes steam engine time.
- Charles Fort

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Many of us easily got our 100, or 200, or even 2500 coffers yesterday (that is already almost an entire month’s worth of 100-coffer-batches), … but no weapon skin tickets. The coffers themselves dropping frequently does by no means mean that it is suddenly easy (let alone guaranteed) to get a ticket…

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

Just think Pixel that was in ONE DAY of the month long event. Is it really so hard to imagine getting a ticket with that many chances?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Chameleon Dude.1564

Chameleon Dude.1564

I was one of the lucky people who got a ticket from a coffer drop, however I have no idea what to do with it. Some of the skins look great, but they don’t really match any of my characters. I would happily trade it for one of the fused weapon skins that eluded me so.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Just think Pixel that was in ONE DAY of the month long event. Is it really so hard to imagine getting a ticket with that many chances?

I can imagine quite a lot, but in your own example you said “100 coffers a day” – that would be 3000 coffers a month. It has since been shown by players who go a lot further that 3000 coffers by no means guarantee a ticket drop.

So, yeah, we might all walk away with weapon tickets, or we might not. The numbers I’ve seen so far though suggest that your optimism is premature.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: MaideN.3284

MaideN.3284

it’s pure rng gamble.. checking posts on forums leaves you with mixed feelings.. one posted an entire spreadsheet on 1k coffers with 0 tickets, others say they got their in the first 50 coffers.. i don’t know what to think..

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Sardonia.8196

Sardonia.8196

Got 1 ticket out of a 100 coffers. Then got a second ticket after about 600 more. Honestly had more fun opening those than the 75 rich coffers that did not yield anything.

It is just pure luck you are hoping for. Although if some one as not gotten at least one ticket from 1000 coffers, that is just pure bad luck. Although I can definetly see it

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

You failed statistics class, didn’t you?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Lethe.9048

Lethe.9048

I opened 25 Rich Dragon Coffers and got 1 ticket. Then opened another 20 Rich Dragon Coffers to get my 2nd ticket. So total of 45 Rich Dragon Coffers for 2 tickets..

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

The only thing that looks better than the Jade Greatsword is my Asura mesmer holding the Jade Greatsword.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in Dragon Bash

Bars T Death.6451

this is getting off topic witch is a exchange vendor so we can get skins we would rather have

Jade Quarry
All lvl 80’s

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Different strokes. I love the Jade weapon skins personally, and the staff in particular is possibly my favorite staff in the entire game.

I kind of go back and forth on a “claim ticket exchange” system. On one hand, it really sucks to get a ticket for a skin you don’t like and have nothing to do with it, and an exchange would help alleviate that. On the other hand, some of the previous tickets were Gem Store only, so trading something you can get from world drops for something that would have only been buyable with money might not sit well. And there’s also the issue that the “past” weapon skins are supposed to be limited time and gone now, and that would go against the limited-time aspect and let you get them any time.

I think the better idea, rather than a ticket exchange, would be to allow you to sell the tickets or the weapons on the TP. That way you can do something with a ticket / weapon you don’t want, but the old limited-time weapon skins stay as such. Sure, if you could sell them on the TP then you’d still technically be able to buy all of them, but there’d still be a limited supply of them available, and once the supply was exhausted that’d be it.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: jennaelf.5628

jennaelf.5628

So, for those with the “you have a whole month!” and “I got one in 100 coffers!” — that’s just not the way statistics or an RNG works.

As an anecdotal example; I have opened over 3000 regular dragon coffers. I have not received a SINGLE ticket.

Were they trade-able, certainly many of you who do not like the look of them and have gotten them could be making some gold off of people like me who would like at least one but can’t seem to get the numbers to play in my favor.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: cafard.8953

cafard.8953

Were they trade-able, certainly many of you who do not like the look of them and have gotten them could be making some gold off of people like me who would like at least one but can’t seem to get the numbers to play in my favor.

Indeed. I’m in the same boat as the OP. Found a ticket while opening the latest random coffers, but don’t like the skins. Staff is not too bad, and maybe the shield, but that’s about it.

Would love to be able to exchange it for another set like fused, sell it on TP or gift it to a friend that likes them. As it, it’s just sitting wasted in my bank. A pity that such rare drops have no way to get to people who like them.

Olaf Oakmane [KA]
Save the Bell Choir activity!

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: VictoriousMonk.7150

VictoriousMonk.7150

Yeah it’s unfortunate that you can’t buy these off people or gift it. I wouldn’t mind paying for 1.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Mayadeva.8654

Mayadeva.8654

Yes, after a month of coffers opening I just got 1 pet.
No wings no ticket, nothing at all. and some people got like 15 tickets.
I’m very disappointed with this rng, thought that at least GW2 didn’t fall in this trick.
Put in gem store, make them in drops like the winter skins, make it tradeable, but please don’t put things like the 10K candies needed to get the wings.
This encourages farmers and exploits on trading post.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

I’ve received no weapon tickets and 1 pet. I hope these are not going away and I hope that you will make them available for candy as I don’t care for the wings and don’t have the time to harvest 100,000 pieces of candy any way.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!