Gw2 Facebook ruined the investigation

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Aj Cheeze.2159

Aj Cheeze.2159

unsure how to message them through facebook but they spoiled THE ENTIRE INVESTIGATION DAY BY DAY. first they tell me there is a murder then they tell me who the murderer is before i started the investigation. Anybody else get spoiled by this?

I dont even want to do it now… pointless cept for chezements

(edited by Moderator)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Cain.1278

Cain.1278

I know who the assassin is. How do I know this?

Because I played all the content and saw the story unfold?

No! I know this because ANET decided to post the info on their Facebook page and completely spoil the story for everyone who hasn’t had a chance to see the new content that came out TODAY.

Seriously, STOP POSTING SPOILERS.

Edit: I removed the spoiler from my title.

(edited by Cain.1278)

in Dragon Bash

Cain.1278

(edited by Cain.1278)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Jemmi.6058

Jemmi.6058

Wish you hadn’t spoiled this for me as well :|

Maybe rename this thread to

SPOILER: ANet revealed assassin on Facebook

in Dragon Bash

Aj Cheeze.2159

come on now dont put it in the title. although i wouldent be here whining about it if facebook didnt spoil it allready.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Never.8571

Never.8571

Yeah, I’m kind of mad about it. I hadn’t even started, and there it was this evening.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Manoa.5897

Manoa.5897

I was also spoiled by the Official GW2 FB feed. I’m mostly up-to-date with the murder investigation story, but haven’t been able to do today’s content because I’ve been at work all day (content was released at 9am in my time zone). Totally was not expecting them to reveal who did it a mere 6 hours after the content was released.

ArenaNet, I follow your FB feed for game updates, not story spoilers. If you’re going to insist on posting stuff like this, PLEASE wait until the day after the content is released to allow us working folk time to experience the content.

I’ll still complete the content, but I am pretty disappointed.

Chaos Spatulai [Chef] | Paragon City Elite [PCE]
Henge of Denravi

in Dragon Bash

Cain.1278

Yup. Just casually scrolling through Facebook while on a break at work and BAM!

HERE’S THE MAJOR SPOILER FOR YOU TO SEE AT 3:00 PM PST!! OH, YOU WORK? HAHA OH WELL YOU DIDNT WANT TO BE SURPRISED BY THE STORY DID YOU?

in Dragon Bash

Aj Cheeze.2159

well no point in paying attention to any of the investigation i may just go through the motions of clicking through dialog or however you get through it because I allready know the ending… no mystery in a crime investigation here. where my skip to the end button…

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: TottWriter.8591

TottWriter.8591

Yeah. I play mostly at the weekend when my kids are with their father. I have the fb page for game updates. Just scrolling through before bed and oh, hey. Spoilered. It’s not even subtle.

The idea behind it is lovely and all, but having stuff on facebook that spoils ingame content is something I don’t see ever working. Not everyone can log in and instantly play through this content, and facebook news feeds mean you don’t deliberately go to the GW2 page to see the updates. There is no way of preventing people who haven’t played it yet from getting spoilers.

I will admit, I am disappointed by this. It seems a trivial thing, but if you’re going to go to the effort of making a whodunnit, then surely allowing people some glimmer of suspense as they play through would be the better option? A roundup at the weekend or after the content closes, hey, fine. If you haven’t done it by then, fair enough. But less than a day after the patch? There are people who haven’t even managed to log in yet who just check fb to see what friends are up to and…oh. There it is, no warning or anything.

Please, please read the feedback about facebook and never do something like this again. Even the wiki warns people about spoilers for storyline related content, so why splash spoilers over a site that people check for a multitude of reasons that don’t relate to the game?

To buy character slots or not to buy character slots. That is the test of my restraint.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Wesley.4590

Wesley.4590

I like the idea of using social media like fb to breeze more life into the story and to get the community excited and involved, but of course you can’t do it like this with the huge spoilers. I know it’s pretty impossible because of the limitations of fb, but please try to find a better way to incorporate fb into the story or just use a section on the website/forum to discuss spoiler-sensative material

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Sukor.1236

Sukor.1236

It’s ridiculous.

This along with achievement spoilers, it’s like they don’t even care about their own story.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: jazzllanna.1278

jazzllanna.1278

I was also surprised they just posted spoilers like that really bad thinking there.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Fiontar.4695

Fiontar.4695

The only reason I’m not that ticked off over this is that the “killer” isn’t interwoven into the investigation at all. There is no mystery you get to solve by trying to figure out clues. You just follow a linear path to suspects that deny their guilt and then, at the final stage, someone who wasn’t even on your radar is revealed as the guilty party.

Really?

The writing and the cutscene provided the foundation for something great, but the actual investigation was pretty much a hollow joke…

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Atrophied.8725

Atrophied.8725

This got me to unfollow the gw2 Facebook page. Well done ArenaNet team

Xandra – 80s in all classes – Ele/Guard mains – [TL] – NSP

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

Ooo big surprise. It was the most obvious person in the most anticlimactic way.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: jazzllanna.1278

jazzllanna.1278

Even if you were not surprised it is still not a good habit for them to get in with facebook.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: RileyTheRad.8542

RileyTheRad.8542

Same here, I was a bit upset when I saw that. I wasn’t even on the FB page, it was a massive pic on my feed while just scrolling down.

Please don’t do this anymore, it’s no fun when the story is spoiled

Hoopa doopa.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

But then again the release had been out for about 6 hours before that very post.

While I do agree that it was a rather silly move, they would really have to wait until the 9th (or whenever the story quests leave) to post anything about it, since some people won’t play it until later and would be spoiled, and that would more or less remove the whole point of the pictures.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Stupid move.

Please stop spoiling your own content. Hiding something in the .dat is one thing, posting it on facebook is another…

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: TottWriter.8591

TottWriter.8591

But then again the release had been out for about 6 hours before that very post.

While I do agree that it was a rather silly move, they would really have to wait until the 9th (or whenever the story quests leave) to post anything about it, since some people won’t play it until later and would be spoiled, and that would more or less remove the whole point of the pictures.

Well, fine, some people are going to be spoiled. And hey, six hours meant it went up at an almost acceptable time in the UK – I saw it after playing GW2 and cursed that I had gone effigy hunting, thinking to leave the instances until the weekend. In America, that’s their own timezone, people saw it while still at work before they could even get home, seeing as the patch was in their morning. In Australia, people saw it in the morning before they logged in, with the patch arriving in the middle of their night.

Six hours is an excellent window if you were able to log in and play the patch straight away. Unfortunately, for a very large proportion of the playerbase, that wasn’t the case at all. Waiting until, say, Saturday or Sunday would at least give people a few days to get some free time. Is it as immediate? No. But it does prevent people being spoiled for what was supposed to be a Whodunit mystery.

To buy character slots or not to buy character slots. That is the test of my restraint.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Glox.5942

Glox.5942

I also want to offer my thanks to the fb page for the spoiler this morning. I still have not played the last part.

I would like to know of, its what we can expect in the future? Because then i will unsubscribe from the fb page

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Spoilers don’t bother me, especially when IMO it was obvious from the start of the story, but I know that other people really don’t like them and I absolutely agree that they shouldn’t be posted on the official Facebook page before most people have had a chance to play the story themselves.

It was the same with the achievements in the Secret of Southsun storyline. They completely gave away the entire plot.

If you’re going to write a story with mysteries or plot twists don’t go and give the ending away before most people have had a chance to experience it. Otherwise you may as well not bother.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Yep, that was unfortunate. Let’s hope it was a one-off.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

I like beating a dead horse more than most, but I’m pretty sure they get the point. There are threads about this here and on reddit as well as multiple comments on the Facebook page so I’m sure Rubi has seen it. Maybe you are all wanting her to come out and say she will be more careful next time. She was probably just trying to hype up the new content and add a little more flavour to information posts. Spoiling the mystery was just a regrettable oversight.

The real mystery is why this was a spoiler to anyone who had done the first part.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: HappyDale.5398

HappyDale.5398

I found the gold / yellow stars on the mini map disheartening. I would have liked to “search” the area a bit more to find the suspects. Now I know there was a mob of people close to the suspect, but still…

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: xvalkyrie.6742

xvalkyrie.6742

That’s one thing, I wish they would hire professional authors for some of this stuff, even for a consultation. Mystery needs to be done right or it’s always obvious. The lighting ceremony made it super obvious. Then she had the whole Scooby doo villain commentary when she was caught. “Woulda gotten away with it, if it weren’t for you kids and yer dog!” After the spoiler on fb, I couldn’t even enjoy that bit of campy dialogue, it was just irritating.

Valkyrie – [RMPG] Blackgate
Altaholic, can never have just one!

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

I found the gold / yellow stars on the mini map disheartening. I would have liked to “search” the area a bit more to find the suspects. Now I know there was a mob of people close to the suspect, but still…

I was glad for them. I don’t mind following hints and lore related treasure hunts, but the way Guild Wars 2 implements these things, it just feels like I’m looking for my car keys. I’m searching through maps I’ve already explored and have no reason to be in and all I’m looking for is an NPC. The actual experience isn’t really enjoyable for me, it’s just tedious (the Halloween one was a lot better but even it could have done with more supporting gameplay). If it was more than just finding objects or people and interacting with them to trigger progression I could see it being worth it, but the current experience makes me glad the gold star ends it ASAP. I will say, this does make it more of an exercise in waypointing than it does an actual gameplay experience.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Aristio.2784

Aristio.2784

Pretty much this. The moment she opens her mouth, it’s obvious to anyone who isn’t fourteen.