Hologram enemies die too quickly.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Devildoc.6721

Devildoc.6721

Since they’re all in low level areas, they get blown up really fast, just a few autoattacks for some classes. I’m finding that by the time I waypoint over, use swiftness to run to the projector, someone else has killed it, time after time again, my loading screens are a bit long, so but basically you have 5 seconds to kill all the mobs once the projector gets popped.

Can their health be increased or some other solution be found out (yes I know, get a better computer, whatever) so that people can actually get credit for these things?

Zapp – 80 Asura Afromancer

(edited by Devildoc.6721)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Sororita.3465

Sororita.3465

two words:

Berserker Warriors

Commander Starlight Honeybuns[BUNS]
Timelord to Lillium Honeybuns, IoJ
Forever together, or not at all.

in Dragon Bash

Devildoc.6721

doesn’t even have to be warriors.. anyone can blow that low level of mobs up in an instant. If you’re not the fastest load time person in the area, you’re wasting silver trying to waypoint around to find them.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: IVIUIEI.9631

IVIUIEI.9631

Guest to unpopulated server

vvuevv

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: tweeve.3782

tweeve.3782

ok so there is a fairly easy fix to your problem, first dont play in a heavy populated zone. If you check the wiki you will see that there are tons of zones that dont get as much traffic.
second this is what my buddy and I did, find a location that has a few fast and easy to reach holo projectors. We found an area that had about 6 projectors that we could circle in about 4min depending on when the holos poped up. The Holo’s from what I can tell have about a 6 – 7 min recharge give or take 2 min. We would start at one holo wait for it to pop, then go to the next and so on. Most the time we were able to hit 4 holo’s each run. Then we would run back to the start and do it all again. Doing that I was able to almost finish my holo kills in less than 3 hours. I also was able to get a full stack of taffy I need and more than enough dragon coffers that I started selling them to make a little extra profit.

I know in HoD Snowdens Drift and Lornar’s Pass is almost always empty. just find an empy zone, here is a tip dont waypoint. run to them, you will save a ton of money.

in Dragon Bash

Devildoc.6721

ok so there is a fairly easy fix to your problem, first dont play in a heavy populated zone. If you check the wiki you will see that there are tons of zones that dont get as much traffic.
second this is what my buddy and I did, find a location that has a few fast and easy to reach holo projectors. We found an area that had about 6 projectors that we could circle in about 4min depending on when the holos poped up. The Holo’s from what I can tell have about a 6 – 7 min recharge give or take 2 min. We would start at one holo wait for it to pop, then go to the next and so on. Most the time we were able to hit 4 holo’s each run. Then we would run back to the start and do it all again. Doing that I was able to almost finish my holo kills in less than 3 hours. I also was able to get a full stack of taffy I need and more than enough dragon coffers that I started selling them to make a little extra profit.

I know in HoD Snowdens Drift and Lornar’s Pass is almost always empty. just find an empy zone, here is a tip dont waypoint. run to them, you will save a ton of money.

Too many people have the same idea. I was on HoD and Ferguson’s Crossing, in Lornar’s Pass and Snowden’s Drift. Guess what was happening? 1-2 people would waypoint in and kill the spawn near instantly, every single spawn. Going on foot ? they’d be dead long before you even came close. Waypointing? You’d see them dying as they came into view range.

In fact, the best luck I’ve had is NOT guesting onto a “less populated server” and camping 1-2 spawns. That means I get 1-2 spawns worth every 8 minutes vs the people waypointing around and getting a spawn’s worth every 15s.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

I agree that the holograms die way too fast. Compare them to the bunnies and monkeys from the 8bit PvE chests, who were a good deal more dangerous – dealt actual damage and stayed up longer. In addition, the baubles they dropped were for anybody to pick up, giving people more time to get involved / less of a rush / more team work.
The holograms drop loot for everyone who manages to tag them before they die,, but in order to get the achievement you have to deliver the killing blow (as far as I could tell last night) so if there’s more than one player at the node, everybody is in competition and you’re likely to walk away without your achievement cpunter going up at all.

The other problem with the low hit points is that by the time my character gets up from the ground after the initial knock down, half the time another player has already one-hit-killed them.. and I walk away without loot, too.

Summary:

• holograms should not be killed in 1 hit. Give them more hp, scale them up to number of players if needed.
  • give them special attacks that make them a little bit of a challenge, maybe even to encourage teamwork (see 8bit mobs, sonic devices)
  • every kill should contribute to the achievement (like in slayer achievement), not just killing blows (like in weapon mastery achievements)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Silver.3284

Silver.3284

I am almost sure you don’t have to do the killing blow, just tag them.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

They hit equal-level characters plenty hard, I’ve been bouncing around Kessex with a mesmer in the late 20s and the destroyers especially can be pretty brutal.

in Dragon Bash

Pixelpumpkin.4608

I am almost sure you don’t have to do the killing blow, just tag them.

I have to look into it again today after work. Last night thoug, I killed holograms together with my boyfriend, and we got 4-5 kills out of those combined (with only us two there). If you only had to tag them, we would have gotten more than 5 kills combined, especially as I mainly do condition damage and probably didn’t one-hit-kill any of them.

On other occasions, I know for sure I did damage to them (little white numbers…) and did not get kill credit. There’s a chance that I simply didn’t do enough damage, but as a fully traited level 80 (even as a condineer) I don’t see that as very likely.

I’ll go and test it later, if I can find any non-camped holo-emitters. I hope I’m wrong!

They hit equal-level characters plenty hard, I’ve been bouncing around Kessex with a mesmer in the late 20s and the destroyers especially can be pretty brutal.

Then they should really scale up accordingly. I don’t know how hard they hit, or whether they have any special attacks, as not a single one of them ever got to hit me. They went down too fast to even land their first blow. (Topic title) Not. a. single. one.

(edited by Pixelpumpkin.4608)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

I agree… they could use double the health and they’d still be weak.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Blanche Neige.7241

Blanche Neige.7241

If you can, play at time where there are fewer people online.

Early this morning, I was able to complete my achievement easily in a low level zone, Almost no one was in there beside me, and I was able to run from one holo to another other and get them.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Cameirus.8407

Cameirus.8407

How Anet could mess it up so much is beyond me, For supposedly professional developers the level of frustration this content is causing should have been blindingly obvious. It was to me as soon as I saw it, and likely to most other players too.
And they even said this was the kind of stuff they were trying to avoid in the manifesto….what happened? did all the devs who had a clue leave?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Facepunch.5710

Facepunch.5710

At Wintersday, all you’d hear about the mobs popping out of the gifts were that they were too hard.

ANet hears, ANet gives them what they want, and it’s still no good.

#cantwin

Please take your tinfoil hats off and be reasonable. ~ReginaB
This forum is a wretched hive of scum and villainy. ~DevilLordLaser

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Nebast.7631

Nebast.7631

The thing is Facepunch, ur right they did listen to the wintersday feedback and they gave us the SAB mobs which were great, they weren’t insta killed, the dropped loot that everyone could pick up and they were in the same amount of zones.
But then anet decided to goand do this.
The holograms are:
way to easy to kill
Only drop loot for those that tag them
And are in less zones.

Why they decided to do this I just can’t understand :/

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Sardonia.8196

Sardonia.8196

I did some yesterday. I am on SOR and late afternoon around 4:30 central was not too bad. I managed to understand the timing of them. Everytime I got to one and no one else was there, I would wait for a little bit to see if anyone else was coming.

I do agree though, they are easy to kill. One lava font placed and they are dead

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

I gave up on doing this part of the event because the holograms where being wiped quicker than I could waypoint and travel directly to the hologram. In the end it was costing me a fortune to do this. I tried sitting next to a hologram and it appears the respawn rate is around 10 minutes and I don’t want to waste so many hours doing that. I give up on this event. Back to WvW for me.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Wrydan.2510

Wrydan.2510

1.) Guest to ET
2.) Patrol empty fields of ruin
3.) Kill holos (and nearby branded that seem to drop coffers a lot)
4.) ??
5.) PROFIT!

Prima Noyan – The Original Rainbow Guardian.
[CVA] has spread from Eve Online to GW2!
“For The Toast”

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

ANet’s problem is that they made crit too good a damage amplifier.

Certain classes can get their crit chance into the 90% range on a permanent basis, and their crit damage bonus somewhere around 150% (meaning that they do x2.5 damage by default).

I wonder if ANet could make certain mobs crit resistant or even immune, so that they would last longer without pumping their health pools into insanity. Problem is that crits also trigger various other effects that may not be damage but still beneficial.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

No, the problem is not how fast they can be killed. It’s that’s there’s few of them and they all appear all at once.

Remember the Flame and Frost events? The dredge appeared in waves, and with events. And sometimes their veterans had skills that made killing them require some skill.

Instead having 4 enemies spawning to be killed in one hit by the guys camping the holoprojector every 6 minutes, the holoprojector should take way longer to reload, and when it can be activated, it should create multiple waves of as many enemies as players are around.
Then they’ll have to go look for another one as this one won’t be active for a long time.

As it is now, people who do not stand still looking at a holoprojector to be the first to hit, will waste their time and money waypoiting to spots that will be taken in no time by the first who arrives.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in Dragon Bash

Pixelpumpkin.4608

The 8 bit boxes “worked” and the sonic devices “worked” – the holo-emitters don’t.

You could take the holograms in either direction: simply buff them up (8-bit mobs) or make each one farmable only once a day, and/or have them spawn events (sonic devices); but something should be done.

I think #1 is more likely, easier to implement, and sufficient.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: bravoart.5308

bravoart.5308

The 8 bit boxes “worked” and the sonic devices “worked” – the holo-emitters don’t.

You could take the holograms in either direction: simply buff them up (8-bit mobs) or make each one farmable only once a day, and/or have them spawn events (sonic devices); but something should be done.

I think #1 is more likely, easier to implement, and sufficient.

Please, anything except the 8-bit and xmas mobs, being invincible for 10 seconds, all going in a different direction and then alpha striking you.

They don’t need more health or to wander away or anything that makes it harder on us as a whole… Just make them spawn faster and people won’t be so angry that they missed one.

Finally I recalled the stopgap solution of a great princess who was told that the
peasants had no bread and who responded: “Let them eat brioche.”

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: KneeGrowMan.9354

KneeGrowMan.9354

Go to high level zones, problem solved. They don’t die in 1 shot in the level 60-70 zones.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Ruruuiye.8912

Ruruuiye.8912

It also really helps to have a solid state drive – you’ll load out of waypoint travel much faster than off an hdd. :p

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Troy.5472

Troy.5472

1st – Guesting in a low population server
or
2nd – Go to any level 15+ map IN a low population server
………….Easy

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: signahead.7281

signahead.7281

It sounds like most of the solutions people are proposing involve avoiding other players. I’m sure that some of them work, but avoiding other players (or resenting them when they’re nearby) isn’t something I associate with Guild Wars 2.

Some of the best parts of this game are the ways it encourages people to work together. It’s innovative, it feels kind of heroic and it’s a lot of fun. Competing with other players for resources, or looking for ways to avoid them feels out of place and a little bit worn-out.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Kilaelya.1420

Kilaelya.1420

I get more coffers by just farming mobs. I stopped bothering with the holograms.

Minara | Ranger | Beastgate | [vR]

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

I get more coffers by just farming mobs. I stopped bothering with the holograms.

It’s for the achievements.

But I rather camp one than waste money porting all over the place.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Kilaelya.1420

Kilaelya.1420

It’s for the achievements.

But I rather camp one than waste money porting all over the place.

Ah, well I don’t know if this helps, but this how I got the achievements very quickly last night. Loaded a fairly low level toon to avoid the waypoint costs (level 30-something warrior). Found the lowest populated starting area (Queensdale is always packed because a lot of people play humans) and just left my map open, way pointing to everything I saw.

Minara | Ranger | Beastgate | [vR]

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: VoxShatterfall.5470

VoxShatterfall.5470

Also to add more fuel, WP in a single map is free if you a) dont have copper on hand and b) dont have copper in the bank.

You will miss out on any copper dropped (but thats really small anyways).
So all the Lvl 80 toons can be WP around for free in reckless abandon.

But back to a better suggestion – making the holo projectors act like FE chaos material does would be very helpful – then people would really want to work together / stack.
Imagine 40 people chaining a single projector… Or a 10 man guild group.

Commander Vox Shatterfall / Ward Zabach / Ifrit the Immolated
Angry Intent | Multiple Servers
WTB Razor Blade Free Candy!

in Dragon Bash

Devildoc.6721

Or maybe instead of suggesting workarounds that involve playing at 4am in the morning and guesting to low population servers (which other people do have those ideas as well you know, I know everywhere I went there was someone with the same idea who loaded faster than me), anet could simply give the enemies more health, and stop promoting players fighting with each other in PVE, like, supposedly the manifesto claimed they wanted to do.

This kind of content and the pinatas.. people are racing each other to screw each other over. That’s not jolly cooperation, that’s not what the spirit of this game was supposed to be about.

in Dragon Bash

Devildoc.6721

BTW, Henge of Denravi, Fields of Ruin, there were still about a half dozen people racing to do these. Only reason this was doable here was because they were so close to each other that loading times from waypointing don’t matter, you just run.

in Dragon Bash

Devildoc.6721

and anet raised the health, based arenanet.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: bravoart.5308

bravoart.5308

Please, anything except the 8-bit and xmas mobs, being invincible for 10 seconds, all going in a different direction and then alpha striking you.

They don’t need more health or to wander away or anything that makes it harder on us as a whole… Just make them spawn faster and people won’t be so angry that they missed one.

Called it. >:C

Finally I recalled the stopgap solution of a great princess who was told that the
peasants had no bread and who responded: “Let them eat brioche.”

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

agree bravoart. didn’t think it was the best “fix”. the mobs that spread out right off the get go are the worst lol.

ooor if like SAB baubles, even if people killed them, the “loot” would still be around for anyone to pick up?

but i guess what’s done is done.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

they got more health now and 3 seconds of invulnerability. happy?

its not that hard to find a server and when people are asleep in there you know.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Try Dredgehaunt Cliffs. Rarely anybody comes through here, and I see a LOT of hologram locations.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in Dragon Bash

Devildoc.6721

they got more health now and 3 seconds of invulnerability. happy?

its not that hard to find a server and when people are asleep in there you know.

Like I said, the “empty” servers were filled with people with the exact same idea. Literally every zone had a few people in it waypointing from spawn to spawn.

and yes, I am happy with the change, now when I see a holoprojector it’s not a mad dash to get there first and nuke all the mobs faster than everyone else can nuke them so I can make sure I get credit and loot. Now even if someone else starts it I’m pretty sure I can get credit for everything (and they’ll get credit too), and if I start it I don’t feel like I’m screwing over everyone else around me into not getting credit.

It’s like with the giant jungle wurm event, it had such low health and died so fast that it could be hard to get credit for. Anet boosted its health and scaling and now everyone participating is pretty much guaranteed to get credit, because everyone has time to get in a dozen hits or so. Before if you started a meteor storm, it’d be dead before you finished casting and you might not get credit, that’s how fast it died.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: toafarmer.8401

toafarmer.8401

1- go to a low population server
2- go to a higher level area
3- waste your time killing holo creatures

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: IVIUIEI.9631

IVIUIEI.9631

Since they’re all in low level areas, they get blown up really fast, just a few autoattacks for some classes. I’m finding that by the time I waypoint over, use swiftness to run to the projector, someone else has killed it, time after time again, my loading screens are a bit long, so but basically you have 5 seconds to kill all the mobs once the projector gets popped.

Can their health be increased or some other solution be found out (yes I know, get a better computer, whatever) so that people can actually get credit for these things?

Thanks to u they nerf the hologram creatures. Now u have to wai like 5 seconds before u can kill them.

vvuevv

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

Who cares-make them easier-it’s nice to be able to kill something quickly and move on without all the other crap Anet throws at you to stop you moving foward/farming/good drops—etc . At least they didn’t make 10,000 holograms instead of 300 to get the achievement

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Shadowtech.5071

Shadowtech.5071

Are you freakin serious, anet just buffed them!! Any harder then they become winter’s day dolls!!! It’s never enough is it?

Catastraseed – Guardian / Keytuura – Engineer
[GoA] Guardians of Äsgard
Maguuma

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

Try Dredgehaunt Cliffs. Rarely anybody comes through here, and I see a LOT of hologram locations.

that’s because of the dredge…

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: binidj.5734

binidj.5734

There is nothing wrong with the health of the holgram mobs, what is broken is the downscaling mechanic that allows level 80s to 1-shot mobs in low-level zones. If you’re fighting in a zone appropriate to your level then I think you that you will find that the mobs have an appropriate amount of health.

Glad to be [Grey] – http://thegrey.enjin.com/home
Piken Square