Marjory's Journal

Marjory's Journal

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Xuro.5861

Xuro.5861

A pleasant surprise as reward from the last instance and I like it alot, this has more value for me than a backpack I won’t ever use.

I hope we can see this more often as a part of the rewards linked to the living story.

p.s. Could we get a bank tab for this at the collectibles section so we can store them safely? Would be awesome.

Marjory's Journal

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: UKNightWatch.5742

UKNightWatch.5742

Sadly, there are already complaints in game that the cut scene is ‘cartoon rubbish’ and the journal is just more junk to fill bag / bank space.

On these forums (sorry I deleted the link) the other day people wher upset that they would not be able to see the cut scene again after doing evnt,

ANet did good but they canna please all the peeps all tha time!

No rig in my sig? Only posted if needed!

Marjory's Journal

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: BlueSoda.6297

BlueSoda.6297

I also like this item, and I agree with you that it would be very nice to have a bank collectible area for it.

Charr Lawful-Neutral

Marjory's Journal

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Laken.9018

Laken.9018

As an item I really like it. Its something unique and stand-alone although the fact it takes up an item slot is a little annoying. Hopefully the items use will be expanded
However as the finalk reward for the entire murder mystery arc it feels a tad underwhelming. Would have been nice to get it and something else, even if that else was just another bag of coins

Marjory's Journal

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Olvendred.3027

Olvendred.3027

On the one hand, it is a cool cutscene. On the other hand, it wasn’t so good, and (considering youtube and everything) I didn’t need it again so badly that I value an item that shows just this one cutscene so highly that it seems like a good final reward for this little storyline.

If they did something more interesting… like an item which cumulatively stores all living story cutscenes, that would be ok. As is… we’re potentially looking at a new single-scene journal item every month.

Marjory's Journal

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: UKNightWatch.5742

UKNightWatch.5742

As an item I really like it. Its something unique and stand-alone although the fact it takes up an item slot is a little annoying. Hopefully the items use will be expanded
However as the finalk reward for the entire murder mystery arc it feels a tad underwhelming. Would have been nice to get it and something else, even if that else was just another bag of coins

Hmm … is this the end of the arc?

Inspector Kiel did say something about contacting (character) us when she tracks down the killer!

No rig in my sig? Only posted if needed!

Marjory's Journal

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: CorneliusCoffin.3169

CorneliusCoffin.3169

Hmm … is this the end of the arc?

Inspector Kiel did say something about contacting (character) us when she tracks down the killer!

No it’s not.
According to the gw2 website, the storyline is going to continue on June 25th, with more details being revealed later today.
Check out:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/

Marjory's Journal

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

Sadly, there are already complaints in game that the cut scene is ‘cartoon rubbish’ and the journal is just more junk to fill bag / bank space.

On these forums (sorry I deleted the link) the other day people wher upset that they would not be able to see the cut scene again after doing evnt,

ANet did good but they canna please all the peeps all tha time!

Hmmm, to those people I would have simple soultion. You dont like the cutscene, so delete the journal. Although I would advise to wait a few days, to see if gets more use in the next parts.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Marjory's Journal

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: TheMagickDoll.7594

TheMagickDoll.7594

I really like this journal, it was a pleasant surprise. I also really like the cut scene; I enjoy being able to show it to friends that haven’t played in a bit. Gets them inspired. Really like the classic film noir to it. I really like this new character and suspect I will be making quite a few visits to dead end.

Marjory's Journal

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

I know a lot of people really wanted a item like this yesterday. I think things like this are always interesting rewards in MMOs. Because it helps you look back on a experience (and the game creators hard work) that you may or may not ever see again.

Sure another skin or item can do that as well. But you can tell that they put more effort in that cutscene then a lot of the others we’ve seen in the past few months. Its nice that they want to see it stick around even after the event.

As far as bag space and such. If you aren’t a collector of oddities and every random worthless item from events then I can understand the complaint. But if anything we still need a skin storage for all the holiday skins. >.< Then we can have more space to keep these trinkets.

Marjory's Journal

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Wesley.4590

Wesley.4590

It’s great that we have a way to watch a cinematic again besides looking it up on YouTube, but it would be nice if we could store this under collectibles, especially if there are going to be more of these Journals. Hope we get access to other cinematics as well

Marjory's Journal

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: syd.8105

syd.8105

I absolutely loved the Film Noir/Hardboiled style to the cute scene. Even more so that I get the scene in a novelty item…
As above a specialty storage tab would be wonderful for things like this if Anet goes along with more of these.

Marjory's Journal

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Wetpaw.3487

Wetpaw.3487

Starting your own personal library sounds pretty cool, this was a real nice surprise, thank you.

JQ Druid

Marjory's Journal

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Gandarel.5091

Gandarel.5091

Banktab for it! +1, great idea!

Captain Deutschland, Ozzy The Insane, Hanz Limbchewer – r40+ mes/nec/engi Desolation
Fear The Crazy [Huns]

Marjory's Journal

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: JGBarbarian.3579

JGBarbarian.3579

Indeed the most pleasant surprise for me as well, more than the jade wpn ticket I got or the nice looking wings.
I absolutely love this type of cutscene like they used in the intro and the Order welcome.
I want more of them and to be able to watch them anytime (even the intros xd)
To the people involved in Marjory cutscene: good job guys!

Marjory's Journal

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

Seriously hope there is more to come to this Living Story.. kitten far its been nothing more than read mail waypoint to map, run or waypoint to a place on map where there is a star.. press F, leave .. rinse repeat.. smack a few candy sacks, gamble coin on a bird then enter a cutscene or two, kill a handful of trash mobs then … collect a journal (nice idea and I hope it gets more use as time goes on) but it needs a bank slot as others have said, otherwise it just takes up another item slot in the backpack.
Otherwsie release additional bank slot upgrades.

This whole event has been nothing more than a feeble way of taking in game coin out of the players while filling the carrot cake with RNG in an attempt bore us into buying more gems, coffers etc instead of farming them. Oooh and don’t lets even get into the mess that is called Dragonball

Sorry ANET, I like the idea of Living Story but you really need to actually make stories worthwhile getting to the end of.. this was just a damp squib, just like the fireworks.

What’s worse you succeeded in fleshing out this poorly thought out content a month..
Was there really a need to put in an investigation box with nothing really to investigate, the suspects are all marked on maps so there is no challenge in finding them when they have supposedly ran away from a crime scene.. kinda like Ronny Biggs fleeing to his nearest Post Office to wait outside for the police to say can you go to your nearest police station if you don’t mind, when u have some time.

Sorry… 5/10 from me and that’s only cos I still like the idea of a Living Story in game but this one so far has been poor imo and tonight was such ante climax to what feels like it should of been a pretty big part of the storyline.

(edited by Bloodstealer.5978)

Marjory's Journal

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: TooNu.4530

TooNu.4530

This was a good item to be rewarded with. It’s great writing, it’s a great cut scene and I for one am glad we were not given some currency or item we can replace easily.

The Dragon Bash is awesome

Marjory's Journal

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Greyfur.1082

Greyfur.1082

I liked the Idea of the journal. I hope we get more but yes a Bank tab for it please, Anet.

Marjory's Journal

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Captain Harlock.1568

Captain Harlock.1568

Why don’t they just make a story teller npc that lets you access these cutscenes whenever…
I wonder if i can throw it away, and get another copy from Kiel with a slightly awkward conversation like Zho’s journal from gw1.
Yesss i ‘accidentally’ dropped it -shifty eyes-

Marjory's Journal

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Osiris Shadow.5890

Osiris Shadow.5890

Whenever I try to use it it says “You cannot use that command yet” :/

Marjory's Journal

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: daimasei.4091

daimasei.4091

Seriously? I mean, nice cut-scene and all but c’mon, not all of us are easily impressed for 5 minutes of work.

Also, no skip option?

Why fix the Necromancer for free when we can charge $$$ for the Revenant
-ArenaNet

Marjory's Journal

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Mia Lunarfang.5826

Mia Lunarfang.5826

I love the concept of being able to re-watch cut scenes, and am excited at the prospect that they might expand this; at the very least collecting more from future living story events, or at the paramount, being able to watch any given cut scene that you viewed in the past, to be able to relive all our favorite Guild Wars 2 moments!!!!

However, this needs to be done tactfully, as I doubt any of us here desire our bank space to be squandered on cut scenes. Perhaps a library in our home, or as someone suggested on map chat, an Asuran Kindle.

Marjory's Journal

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I got that while still in the instance but when I zoned out it worked. Try reloading the game or just zoning?

Marjory's Journal

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: DeShadowWolf.6854

DeShadowWolf.6854

I got that while still in the instance but when I zoned out it worked. Try reloading the game or just zoning?

It can only be done in the six major cities.

Marjory's Journal

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

I love the journal.

But I do wish it included a directory of the single player instances.

(My boyfriend missed the awesomeness of two of them due to bugged voiceovers / no NPC sounds.)

Marjory's Journal

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Mia Lunarfang.5826

Mia Lunarfang.5826

If they made that available to anyone -and not just the people who played and completed the event- perhaps in a lions-arch library, or on a self in your character’s home, then they would successfully bridge the gap between old events that one might have missed or forgotten and current ones.

Marjory's Journal

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: wasted.6817

wasted.6817

Well, i really like the cutscene, so the journal is great and neat idea, nice memo.

Marjory's Journal

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Ordin.9047

Ordin.9047

I also liked the cutscene. The journal was also a nice surprise.

Marjory's Journal

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: OmniPotentes.4817

OmniPotentes.4817

Anyone believe that the journal might be the first item released required for the precursor scavenger hunt? Delete it at your own peril.

Marjory's Journal

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

Would like something that stores the cut-scenes you get from events….. maybe a personal journal you can access either from your bank or inventory to stash them in. This particular cut-scene is a true gem. Maybe even award something for accumulating them. Would be a nice way to encourage event participation.

Marjory's Journal

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: FaythArcana.1790

FaythArcana.1790

I was quite happy to receive the journal with the Delaqua scene, it will be nice to look at it further down the line and reminisce. I would certainly like to see this kind of thing awarded to us for future story content, either in an item for each or a single book that records as we go (similar to the books in the original game). If we were to recieve a seperate “journal” each time then I would like to see a collectibles tab for them as suggested.

Thanks again Anet. ^^

Vinnt
GW2 Division Leader for Lux Arcana [Lux] on Gandara
http://www.luxarcana.org/gw2/

Marjory's Journal

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I thought the Film Noir style of Marjory’s introduction was excellent. Very fun to watch.

Also, I can’t be the only one thinking Logan should dump Jennah and get with Marjory/Kasmeer now, right? Right??

Marjory's Journal

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

Being history keepers could be a wonderful thing especially as this goes on….hint, hint, hint….

Marjory's Journal

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Saucermote.9140

Saucermote.9140

Seriously? I mean, nice cut-scene and all but c’mon, not all of us are easily impressed for 5 minutes of work.

Also, no skip option?

I like the item, and was glad to be able to watch the scene again, but it really needs a skip or cancel button. After I saw what it did, I really didn’t want to watch the whole thing again at that moment. I suppose I could have used the universal alt-f4 shortcut, but I’m always leery about what that will do with quests and important items.

You don’t win friends with Salad.

Marjory's Journal

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: DanteZero.9736

DanteZero.9736

The book is a nice touch, though I wouldn’t mind being able to open it similar to the dungeon books back in GW1. Something along the lines of being able to select a cutscene to watch would be nice.

Also, Charizard and Pikachu on the cover? (I’m sure it’s not the case, but to me, it looks like the two are on the cover.)

Marjory's Journal

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: AcidicVision.5498

AcidicVision.5498

The book is a nice touch, though I wouldn’t mind being able to open it similar to the dungeon books back in GW1. Something along the lines of being able to select a cutscene to watch would be nice.

Also, Charizard and Pikachu on the cover? (I’m sure it’s not the case, but to me, it looks like the two are on the cover.)

I was expecting it to be like the bonus mission pack books and would let you jump in and play the instanced stuff again or choose and watch cutscenes on demand.

I was sort of disappointed that it just auto-played the cutscene and there was no way to cancel out of it.

But I still have hopes that it will evolve into more of a BMP type item

The Kismet
Dragonbrand

Marjory's Journal

in Dragon Bash

Pixelpumpkin.4608

I was expecting it to be like the bonus mission pack books and would let you jump in and play the instanced stuff again or choose and watch cutscenes on demand.

I was sort of disappointed that it just auto-played the cutscene and there was no way to cancel out of it.

But I still have hopes that it will evolve into more of a BMP type item

This ^

I think the journal is a great idea. Okay, it makes old content only available to people who completed said content, and not new players. But it is something.

The two things I would change

• Let people cancel out of the cut scene
  • Make the story instances replayable (the way that Rox’ / Braham’s were)

Marjory's Journal

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: MrIllusion.5304

MrIllusion.5304

Rather than a physical item, why not a tab in the Personal Story (or a separate Living Story tab).

Then have a button that replays cut scenes, or ports you into the instance.

Marjory's Journal

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Sythus.2396

Sythus.2396

Me and a friend were talking about how much we enjoyed that scene and that we wanted to watch it again, and a few moments later I completed the achievement and got the Journal lol. Very nice surprise and I love it!

Marjory's Journal

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: g e o.2589

g e o.2589

It not really a storyline finale, the assassin has escaped and the next step is to track her down.

Marjory's Journal

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

I get that too but only after the cutscene plays.
made me think they might add to it in the future.

Anyway I really liked it and I enjoyed the whole story arc- thanks Anet

Gunnar’s Hold

Marjory's Journal

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

haven’t completed this yet, but seems like a nice item to get at the end! pretty excited for this.

one idea where to store it is, maybe not just in the bank tab somewhere, but perhaps they could add it to the “Personal Story” tab on the Hero Panel? or something to do with “Stories”. maybe a collection of mementos or videos or cut scenes can all be stored there. so after we open it up, it’ll be in our Hero Panel and we can go back and wacth them or read aytime we want to.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

Marjory's Journal

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Its ok. I might watch it again at some point.
One thing I did notice was that there was no way to cancel the cutscene if we start it.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Marjory's Journal

in Dragon Bash

Pixelpumpkin.4608

You might want to add your +1 to this brilliant post then (not by me):

Marjory’s Journal additional Features

Septemptus worded it better than I did!

Marjory's Journal

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

I like the journal a lot – although it does have merit that it is taking up an inventory slot. In my mind I see how the “personal” story is logged in our hero’s tab – this would me more the style I would prefer (and from there access the cut scene).

Still, it’s a big step into the right direction and I’m adding my thanks!

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

Marjory's Journal

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

This item is better than anything we got so far.

I’d prefer it over some random kitten drawing from a little child that you eat for karma.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/