Moa racing too expensive IMO

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

At 50 silver a pop it gets a bit pricey. I know it isn’t meant to be something you can do 100 times easily to win. However it makes it kind of hard to enjoy for players like myself that are more casual and newer to the game. Having only 5 gold that I earned after almost 2 1/2 months and one lost 50 silver bet I’m pretty much done with that.

The Burninator

(edited by Moderator)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: bravoart.5308

bravoart.5308

Yes, I know a majority of the forum seems to just have gobs of dosh laying around from exploiting game bugs, exploiting other players (bltc) and CoFp1 spamming, but really…

This is ridiculous:

• Mini costs 125 racing tokens.
  • You earn a maximum of 7 tokens for winning a moa race. 3 for 2nd, 1 for third.
  • You have a 20% chance of winning (un-alterable)
  • It costs 50s per bet.
  • You only earn money if you turn in your tokens for winner’s bags. Saving your tokens for the mini earns you nothing.

That is an absolute minimum of 9g you would have to spend assuming that you won 1st EVERY round (which you won’t) – and 62.5g assuming worst case scenario in which you still win 3rd place.

Anyone else feel this is a bit excessive for a mini?

Finally I recalled the stopgap solution of a great princess who was told that the
peasants had no bread and who responded: “Let them eat brioche.”

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Geotherma.2395

Geotherma.2395

Yes, I know a majority of the forum seems to just have gobs of dosh laying around from exploiting game bugs, exploiting other players (bltc) and CoFp1 spamming, but really…

In your opinion these are the only ways for us players to have made money? Exploiting, ripping people off, or doing a speed dungeon? The majority really?

Intel i7 3.9ghz processor 16GB Ram 2TB HDD
Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF
http://everyonesgrudge.enjin.com/home MY GW2 Music http://tinyurl.com/cm4o6tu

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Blackmoon.6837

Blackmoon.6837

This is ridiculous:

• You earn a maximum of 7 tokens for winning a moa race. 3 for 2nd, 1 for third.
  • It costs 50s per bet.
  • You only earn money if you turn in your tokens for winner’s bags. Saving your tokens for the mini earns you nothing.

That is an absolute minimum of 9g you would have to spend assuming that you won 1st EVERY round (which you won’t) – and 62.5g assuming worst case scenario in which you still win 3rd place.

As long as the mini is exotic, then it’s quite fitting. Take a look at the exotics on the trading post. Some are much worse than 63g.

Furthermore, I doubt everyone will be hitting exactly that amount. Most will probably hit right in between, making it a good 30g mini. Still needs to be exotic though, imo.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Apolyon.6937

Apolyon.6937

Was this 50 silver per race confirmed? It looks quite expensive to me…

in Dragon Bash

bravoart.5308

In your opinion these are the only ways for us players to have made money? Exploiting, ripping people off, or doing a speed dungeon? The majority really?

That and gems, but why bother mentioning that. My drop rate is so abysmal, I can’t make any money by actually playing the game, and since everyone else says ‘OH! Random is random!" I’d be fair to believe that everyone else’s drop rates are terrible as well.

The players that I know that are exploiting the markets are the same ones who didn’t get the axe from the karma and winter exploits. So yes, from my experiences these are the only real ways to earn money.

But I know you’re going to argue my opinion, so go ahead. Tell me that my experiences are the absolute kitten bottom of the barrel bad luck and that everyone else is doing so much better just because rng favors them. Tell me I should keep trying after 10 months instead of accepting that the game is broken as hell or that perhaps you’re just lucky and don’t really care about anyone else or any generalized idea of fairness.

go. right. ahead.

Finally I recalled the stopgap solution of a great princess who was told that the

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

^ I also agree with the first paragraph.

Was this 50 silver per race confirmed? It looks quite expensive to me…

Same here. I think I might have 70 gold max right now, so I would have to blow all my gold to get one. I thought you only get a voucher if you come in 1/2/3, so couldn’t it cost more (if you happen to keep coming in 4/5)?

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Gabby.3205

Gabby.3205

As long as the mini is exotic, then it’s quite fitting. Take a look at the exotics on the trading post. Some are much worse than 63g.

Furthermore, I doubt everyone will be hitting exactly that amount. Most will probably hit right in between, making it a good 30g mini. Still needs to be exotic though, imo.

This.
63g is not that much for a mini that will only be available for a limited time. I would gladly pay twice that price for Foostivoo the Merry (I want that mini so much, but I couldn’t get it ç-ç).

Tarnished Coast
Astrid Strongheart, Norn Ranger.
“I wish juvenile wolves were bigger”

in Dragon Bash

Geotherma.2395

That and gems, but why bother mentioning that. My drop rate is so abysmal, I can’t make any money by actually playing the game, and since everyone else says ‘OH! Random is random!" I’d be fair to believe that everyone else’s drop rates are terrible as well.

The players that I know that are exploiting the markets are the same ones who didn’t get the axe from the karma and winter exploits. So yes, from my experiences these are the only real ways to earn money.

But I know you’re going to argue my opinion, so go ahead. Tell me that my experiences are the absolute kitten bottom of the barrel bad luck and that everyone else is doing so much better just because rng favors them. Tell me I should keep trying after 10 months instead of accepting that the game is broken as hell or that perhaps you’re just lucky and don’t really care about anyone else or any generalized idea of fairness.

go. right. ahead.

I think you will find I’ve probably spent more real cash on this game than most just to prove bugs, errors or statistics in game to support peoples efforts on knowledge and making money. So no, I won’t say that it is just you, but bad luck happens. Sometimes there are reasons for the bad luck, but sometimes it isn’t bad luck at all. It can be the fact that people depend too greatly on one spot, one method, one way of obtaining loot/gold that when it changes (as all things do) it basically cripples them. There is a saying I’m sure many know- Don’t put all your eggs in one basket, and it holds true here as well. But calling everyone bad because they make money is just silly, we aren’t all magically lucky though luck plays a part and its name is RNG. We aren’t all exploiters (at least I’m not, never exploited or played the TP) and we aren’t all out to kill everyone’s hopes and dreams either. Not everyone is doing better than you, some are probably doing worse than you. Some are doing better/worse than me, that is just the way of things. If you think that exploiting and playing the TP is the only way people make money than you just have to experiment for yourself on better ways, because clearly they are not. It isn’t the game that needs to change, it is the mentality of the gamer when it comes to things like this. Everything in GW2 is basically simple and easy, leveling, crafting, gearing, so people tend to get comfortable and when they actually want something and have to work hard for it, something seems off. That is just the feeling I get from forums anyway.

Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Shirogatsu.3150

Shirogatsu.3150

in Dragon Bash

bravoart.5308

But calling everyone bad because they make money is just silly, we aren’t all magically lucky though luck plays a part and its name is RNG. We aren’t all exploiters (at least I’m not, never exploited or played the TP) and we aren’t all out to kill everyone’s hopes and dreams either. Not everyone is doing better than you, some are probably doing worse than you. Some are doing better/worse than me, that is just the way of things. If you think that exploiting and playing the TP is the only way people make money than you just have to experiment for yourself on better ways, because clearly they are not. It isn’t the game that needs to change, it is the mentality of the gamer when it comes to things like this. Everything in GW2 is basically simple and easy, leveling, crafting, gearing, so people tend to get comfortable and when they actually want something and have to work hard for it, something seems off. That is just the feeling I get from forums anyway.

Oh look, another condescending message from Geotherma. Obviously I must be doing something wrong because his perceived experiences are different than mine.

Look man. I wish I could block/ignore you on these forums because this is EVERY post you make. You put words into people’s mouths, you try to portray that you have the higher moral ground, and then you blather some irrelevant white-knight manifesto.

I didn’t call anyone bad, although I believe the exploiter’s morals are bad. Did everyone exploit? Probably not, but then you managed to ignore the third portion of that sentence mentioning CoF. If you haven’t exploited or flipped or run CoF, you don’t have enough money to bother talking about. This event only shows that. If you have 50g to toss as a single mini without blinking an eye, you’re obviously part of the problem.

in Dragon Bash

Geotherma.2395

“This event only shows that. If you have 50g to toss as a single mini without blinking an eye, you’re obviously part of the problem.”

All I needed to hear

in Dragon Bash

bravoart.5308

Yeah… that doesn’t help really. You’re assuming everyone in game has 50g to throw around. Thanks for assuming I’m just so torn up about this that I’m crying.

Jerk.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Deified.7520

Deified.7520

The problem is that Anet has let the game become too reliant on the TP and the CoF speed runs to go on for far too long. Now there is inflation and the TP is adjusting to that. People who do these exploits (which is a lot of people) have an abysmal amount of money. I know one person who can make well over 1k a week. I’ve seen others make 60g in a day off of CoF. So us playeres who are against grinding and the more casual bunch are now at a disadvanatge for not partaking in these. I never grind. I do open world stuff, world bosses, explore, WvW, etc. It has taken me about 3 months of hardcore play to afford T3 shoulders, chest, and helm. So money is not something I can easily come by.

So Anet had to make a middle ground point. 50s is quite a lot, it is true, but it is somewhat affordable by the non exploiters of the game. While with RNG it is also a good enough amount to take care of those players who buy gold or have over 2-3kg sitting in their inventory.

Honestly what they should have done is made it so the world boss dragons drop 5 tokens per dragon per reset on their chest. 1 token can be used to partake in the dragon bash activities including MOA racing. They then need to increase the chances so if someone were to do the dragons every day and moa racing every day, the would get what they wanted.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Creeper.9360

Creeper.9360

Way too expensive for me. This is one mini game that I won’t touch.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Fiontar.4695

Fiontar.4695

go. right. ahead.

I think you will find I’ve probably spent more real cash on this game than most just to prove bugs, errors or statistics in game to support peoples efforts on knowledge and making money. So no, I won’t say that it is just you, but bad luck happens. Sometimes there are reasons for the bad luck, but sometimes it isn’t bad luck at all. It can be the fact that people depend too greatly on one spot, one method, one way of obtaining loot/gold that when it changes (as all things do) it basically cripples them. There is a saying I’m sure many know- Don’t put all your eggs in one basket, and it holds true here as well. But calling everyone bad because they make money is just silly, we aren’t all magically lucky though luck plays a part and its name is RNG. We aren’t all exploiters (at least I’m not, never exploited or played the TP) and we aren’t all out to kill everyone’s hopes and dreams either. Not everyone is doing better than you, some are probably doing worse than you. Some are doing better/worse than me, that is just the way of things. If you think that exploiting and playing the TP is the only way people make money than you just have to experiment for yourself on better ways, because clearly they are not. It isn’t the game that needs to change, it is the mentality of the gamer when it comes to things like this. Everything in GW2 is basically simple and easy, leveling, crafting, gearing, so people tend to get comfortable and when they actually want something and have to work hard for it, something seems off. That is just the feeling I get from forums anyway.

I play the game, a lot. Have been since launch. I mix up my play to keep the game fresh. I don’t chase after the gold earning opportunity of the month, I just play. Playing like a player, not playing to earn gold as the primary objective, I’ve found the game impossible with out occasional purchases of Gold with Gems.

So, no, most players not looking for legal “exploits” to maximize gold earning rates are not sitting on a comfortable amount of gold. Most likely they either have to scrounge up every copper to be able to make necessary purchases, or they have to resort to buying gold with gems.

Now, this makes sense, I guess, since the game relies on the gem store to provide a revenue stream, but I wish people would stop pretending that it’s easy to earn gold in this game just by playing. It isn’t and never has been.

I agree with the poster that most people who are sitting on a large enough sum to see 64ish Gold for a mini as fair have likely either made a concentrated effort to research and make use of identified gold farming routines, made money of of the TP, or have actually made use of exploits to accumulate gold.

Arenanet seems to be becoming more and more crass as time goes on and it doesn’t help matters that some people insist that you can earn plentiful gold in this game by just playing “normal”.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Mastruq.2463

Mastruq.2463

I dont know what else you can get out of the winning tokens. 50 silver par bet seems expensive.

On the other hand, I find a hard-to-get mini costing between 10-70 gold acceptable. Most of the more elusive ones that were attainable in various ways throughout the last year are 20-70g as is. If anything I would be in favor of having 2-3 minis with a token spread in a way that puts the average cost at 10g, 20g and 50g, which is even more then your worst case cost if you want several of them, but also gives you easier to get alternatives. Should have been easy to do with some palette-swaps on the mini color (something they should do more often instead of using just 1 and making it very rare).

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Fiontar.4695

Fiontar.4695

I think the problem isn’t just the average cost to earn the mini, but 50 Silver per race makes the fun of just betting on the races too expensive for most players. It ends up being content for a tiny portion of the population, which is really a shame.

BTW, I re-watched the twitch video, http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2/c/2406718, and apparently the mini will be trade-able.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: God of Gods.7235

God of Gods.7235

They could make this a lot better by making the amount of vouchers you get dependent on how much you bet, example: bet 10s winner gets ~2 tickets instead of 7, but if you bet 50s winner gets the full 7

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Creeper.9360

Creeper.9360

They could make this a lot better by making the amount of vouchers you get dependent on how much you bet, example: bet 10s winner gets ~2 tickets instead of 7, but if you bet 50s winner gets the full 7

yep, more similar to real gambling in that the more you gamble the higher the potential return is

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: GoddessHrist.8472

GoddessHrist.8472

This is ridiculous:

• It costs 50s per bet.

It’s not as bad as what you make it out to be. Assuming each moa has a 20% chance of winning, for each race you have:

• 1/5 chance at 7 tokens
  • 1/5 chance at 3 tokens
  • 1/5 chance at 1 token
  • 2/5 chance at 0 tokens

This averages out to 2.2 tokens won per race. The mini will require about 57 races or 28.4g on average. With each race cycle lasting slightly over 3 minutes, it should take approximately 3 hours of betting to acquire 125 tokens. Naturally the RNG element will result in some players requiring more and some less.

For players not saving for the mini, 2.2 tokens won per race will return 44s, resulting in a net loss of 6s per race over the long run.

in Dragon Bash

bravoart.5308

This is ridiculous:

• It costs 50s per bet.

It’s not as bad as what you make it out to be. Assuming each moa has a 20% chance of winning, for each race you have:

• 1/5 chance at 7 tokens
  • 1/5 chance at 3 tokens
  • 1/5 chance at 1 token
  • 2/5 chance at 0 tokens

This averages out to 2.2 tokens won per race. The mini will require about 57 races or 28.4g on average. With each race cycle lasting slightly over 3 minutes, it should take approximately 3 hours of betting to acquire 125 tokens. Naturally the RNG element will result in some players requiring more and some less.

For players not saving for the mini, 2.2 tokens won per race will return 44s, resulting in a net loss of 6s per race over the long run.

My problem isn’t the odds, it’s that they put in a negligible money sink that only the super-rich can afford with rewards that are geared more towards casual players.

This game just doesn’t make sense. (Outside of buy gems > get stuff.) >:C

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Moa Racing is a cleverly disguised gold sink. The Mini Moa Racer is just the sweetener to entice people into using it. (The Racer is only available for the duration of the Dragon Bash too, so if you’re a die-hard mini collector, you’ll have to pony up the gold.)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Andy Rymz.7518

Andy Rymz.7518

I do think the game has now become so obsessed with TP. Everything is setup to get people to spend more real money on buying gems to convert to gold, shame really.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Crimsony.2514

Crimsony.2514

I’ve never set foot in a dungeon or researched hardcore farming methods. And while dozens of gold for a mini is a bit much for me I can still make pricy purchases now and again.

I’ve heard that Moa Racing will be a permanent addition (can anyone confirm or deny?). So I could definitely see myself putting down 50-100 silver every week or so if I was in the mood to work towards a mini.

Of course the best solution would be to make the players themselves race but that’s neither here nor there.

It’s also important to remember that absurd gold sinks are absolutely required to keep inflation in check in an MMORPG (see Kingdom of Loathing ’s response to hyperinflation caused by exploits).

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: GoddessHrist.8472

GoddessHrist.8472

I’ve heard that Moa Racing will be a permanent addition (can anyone confirm or deny?). So I could definitely see myself putting down 50-100 silver every week or so if I was in the mood to work towards a mini.

Yes, Moa Racing is permanent; however, the festival-themed miniature is not. After Dragon Bash ends, the festival moa miniature will be replaced by a regular moa.

Moa Racing is the spiritual successor to Nine Rings from GW1, which was an enormous gold and time sink, so I actually see Moa Racing as rather reasonable. I’m curious whether achievements are tied to MR and how high the tiers go.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: loquacious.2915

loquacious.2915

I didn’t call anyone bad, although I believe the exploiter’s morals are bad. Did everyone exploit? Probably not, but then you managed to ignore the third portion of that sentence mentioning CoF. If you haven’t exploited or flipped or run CoF, you don’t have enough money to bother talking about. This event only shows that. If you have 50g to toss as a single mini without blinking an eye, you’re obviously part of the problem.

What is wrong with flipping? Also, the “tone” of your statement by including flippers and COF runners with exploiters implicitly calls them bad.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

What is wrong with flipping? Also, the “tone” of your statement by including flippers and COF runners with exploiters implicitly calls them bad.

Flipping isn’t anywhere near as bad as exploiting (top of the scale) and speed running (moderate concern, helps pump excessive amounts of gold into the economy, although it’s as much a symptom of a greater problem as a problem in itself), but it’s debatable whether or not flippers actually add any value to the economy by themselves.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

I think the point of mini-games is (or should be) to give people something to do, casually, in between their “more serious” activities. As such I feel it should be free or very, very cheap.

50 silver isn’t the kind of money that I throw at activities just because I’m bored or want a change of scenery.

That being said, when you don’t want to win the Moa and you can sell back your tokens and it is “only” 6 silver per game, then, well, it’s immediately less bad. But I still feel it’s expensive entertainment, in the context of Keg Brawl being free, and Crab Toss even making you some money.

Hmm hmm.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Bubi.7942

Bubi.7942

Dear OP!

I am a hoarder of gold. Currently I have 100 g in my inventory and my bank is worth well over 500 g. So far I have collected over 2000 g in the game (guess). I have been playing since day 1. With that said:

- No, it’s not hard to earn money in this game. I earn about 5 g/day and I’m online for what? 1,5 hours? If you are curious currently I’m doing the karka queen and it’s predecessor events, then Melandru or some other temple event/s. That’s 5 g right there by ‘just playing the game’. If you get lucky, maybe even more.

- People playing the TP are exploiting? Really? You should thank those people that they’re in the game instead of bashing them, as they are who actually make the gold go ‘woosh’ disappear from the game via transaction fees, thus making things affordable.

- I have participated in the lost shores events, and have all 3 minies from back then (karka, karka popper, reef drake). They ALL costed above 25 g. Most expensive was 34 g. And that was back in november. The math is done. The current mini is 28,5 g.

- Try not to call people who don’t agree with you ’Jerk’s and/or saying to them that they are using ‘condescending’ tones. Try to be civilized.

Conclusion: Don’t call the ‘majority’ of the people exploiters. And no, it’s not ‘too’ expensive.

Ps.: I don’t play the TP, nor run CoFp1 (been there since day one like 5 times).

(edited by Bubi.7942)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: FateOmega.9601

FateOmega.9601

I do about 10 meta a day and the daily. It took me about 2-3 hrs a day and i only earn 2-3g per day. How do you earn 5g in 1.5hrs?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Bubi.7942

Bubi.7942

I do about 10 meta a day and the daily. It took me about 2-3 hrs a day and i only earn 2-3g per day. How do you earn 5g in 1.5hrs?

Sell all mats you get. 1,5- 2,5 g is the amount I get without selling mats. Aim for the t6 blood, t6 scale.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: FateOmega.9601

FateOmega.9601

Wow some people have all the luck.

in Dragon Bash

Pixelpumpkin.4608

My point was that I think of mini-games as a distraction, some additional entertainment. If I have to farm meta-events to do them, I’m more likely not doing them at all and just spending my time elsewhere

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: LONGA.1652

LONGA.1652

Well that’s one way to make people convert gem to gold.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: deviller.9135

deviller.9135

Moa Racing is a new permanent addition to Guild Wars 2 (guildwarshub), if this correct, why the rush ?

Need Anet confirmation here. Is Moa Racing and the prize is permanent ?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Moa Racing is a new permanent addition to Guild Wars 2 (guildwarshub), if this correct, why the rush ?

Need Anet confirmation here. Is Moa Racing and the prize is permanent ?

Its been confirmed by a Dev post that Moa Racing is going to be permanent, and if you watch the twitch stream from yesterday, the dev says that the helmed moa is temporary, and it will be replaced by a regular yellow (I think thats the color he said) moa mini.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Antara.3189

Antara.3189

Not sure if you guys know this but, there is already a mini-game that you place bets on. Located in Diessa Plateu.

Cost is 50s per, so this is really nothing new.

As to the gold conversation, If you do dungeons, events, etc. you can earn a couple gold each day. That’s being casual. I can see how “core” players make even more by selling all mats, salvaging rares for ecto & selling. Really just depends on your play style.

Just a note: Just because one person exploited and made a lot of gold, doesnt mean all rich players are exploiters. Labeling them with derogative players is wrongful and hurtful to honest players.

Add: When I mean dungeons, I do not mean “CoF” speedclears. I mean doing any/all dungeons paths. I bounce around all of them and always have a decent turnout.

(edited by Antara.3189)

in Dragon Bash

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Not sure if you guys know this but, there is already a mini-game that you place bets on. Located in Diessa Plateu.

Cost is 50s per, so this is really nothing new.

I did not know that.
Fascinating, thank you.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Mastruq.2463

Mastruq.2463

My problem isn’t the odds, it’s that they put in a negligible money sink that only the super-rich can afford with rewards that are geared more towards casual players.

Another money sink is great, a money sink for the rich that doesnt affect the poor without their consent is even better.

I take offense at you saying the rewards are geared towards casual players. This game doesnt have an item grind so leveling your fractal score, maxing achievements and collecting rare skins+minis are the few efforts you can actually dedicate your “hardcoreness” to.

It’s probably better to call it ‘geared towards players with surplus gold’, which it is. So if you are a player without surplus gold (like me) that also collects minis (like me) thats not so good, but I’ll deal with it. Like I said before, other minis were just as expensive before so its not new and its not a big deal.

I dont know if the only thing you get there is the mini though, I hope not? Especially if its permanent.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Vahkris.6847

Vahkris.6847

I don’t have as much problem if this is a recurring event and the mini will be available next time, when I may have more money than I do now.

If not…then (grumble).

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: PolarisNova.3867

PolarisNova.3867

I will have one go then and probably leave it at that, my gold is going towards a new weapon fund, so I am watching those coppers.

~Lady Amelia of the House of Rose~

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

What’s wrong with a money sink for a purely cosmetic item? How does having in-game items cost in-game money not make sense? Plus, 28g is hardly something “that only the super-rich can afford”.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

This is ridiculous:

• It costs 50s per bet.

ehhhm,
why is 3rd place worst case scenario for you???
4th and 5th place is worst case…. you dont win anything then so the price could be 500g too with bad luck or not???

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

A money sink is fine and dandy for something constantly available all year round.
It’s also fine for something we are sure will come back sometime in the future.

But for things that will be available only during a festival and then be gone for ever, and ever and EVER, randomness, luck and requiring amounts of gold higher than a newbie can get in about half the duration of the event is not ok.

Achievements and festival content solely based on dosh or luck are just unfun and unfair for anyone but the ones able to get them.

Festivals should be fun for all, ALL of the festival, from dust to glitter.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Manu.6078

Manu.6078

Is the moa race a gambling game? Why are we forced to spend real money (via gems) to get an achievement? An in game currency, like karma or this new pieces of zhaitaffy, should be used for gambling only. I did not see this sign on the game home page.

Attachments:

in Dragon Bash

bravoart.5308

62.5g assuming worst case scenario in which you still win 3rd place.

ehhhm,
why is 3rd place worst case scenario for you???
4th and 5th place is worst case…. you dont win anything then so the price could be 500g too with bad luck or not???

3rd place is the worst case scenario in which you still win. Of course it could technically cost you infinite gold if you’re unlucky.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: spconder.2489

spconder.2489

Sheesh, with those kinds or odds, why bother?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Sianon.3586

Sianon.3586

Its not a gamble when people are using an exploit on it, which they are at the moment on the server I am on, which means I cant play it as they are making one Moa win all the time.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: dennie.9237

dennie.9237

Too expensive, right. I think we must be able to spend candies etc.. for bids..