Opening 1000 regular Dragon Coffers [Merged]

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

I believe it is a good system, since the normal coffers drop all the time and from everything, so you get a lot of chances to drop the ticket.
Maybe they should let we buy tickets with Jorbreakers, too. That would make a lot of people happy and would put all these Zhaitaffies that I can’t even hold to a good use.

I agree. I preferr this system over just locking the tickets in the chest being only purchasable through the cash shop. I am able to collect about 100 chests per day just leveling my warrior up. So far I have been able to collect 3 tickets from the regular coffers. Probably close to 2000 opened so far. I also got 2 tickets from rich coffers but that cost me quite a bit for those 2 with nothing out of the first 75 and then the 2 came in the last 25. But again that was my choice to buy them to begin with

Of course people like you will like this system because you’ve actually seen tickets if you opened all those coffers and did not see a ticket i highly doubt you would be saying you enjoy it

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Sardonia.8196

Sardonia.8196

I believe it is a good system, since the normal coffers drop all the time and from everything, so you get a lot of chances to drop the ticket.
Maybe they should let we buy tickets with Jorbreakers, too. That would make a lot of people happy and would put all these Zhaitaffies that I can’t even hold to a good use.

I agree. I preferr this system over just locking the tickets in the chest being only purchasable through the cash shop. I am able to collect about 100 chests per day just leveling my warrior up. So far I have been able to collect 3 tickets from the regular coffers. Probably close to 2000 opened so far. I also got 2 tickets from rich coffers but that cost me quite a bit for those 2 with nothing out of the first 75 and then the 2 came in the last 25. But again that was my choice to buy them to begin with

Of course people like you will like this system because you’ve actually seen tickets if you opened all those coffers and did not see a ticket i highly doubt you would be saying you enjoy it

Yes I have been one of the lucky ones. However, even if I did not receive a ticket, I still like this setup better. The coffers drop often and I know I have a chance on everyone to be able to get a ticket. RNG is RNG, there is nothing you can do about it. Every game has RNG. Everytime you kill something RNG determines what you receive as loot. No difference from GW1 or WoW when having to run a dungeon or raid a zillion times to get that one drop that you want.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

Yes I have been one of the lucky ones. However, even if I did not receive a ticket, I still like this setup better. The coffers drop often and I know I have a chance on everyone to be able to get a ticket. RNG is RNG, there is nothing you can do about it. Every game has RNG. Everytime you kill something RNG determines what you receive as loot. No difference from GW1 or WoW when having to run a dungeon or raid a zillion times to get that one drop that you want.

Those games also have way more skins to obtain and work towards, and their pve endgame doesn’t rely so heavily on skins. This game is getting real stale real fast. That’s why people are going crazy about every little morsel they give us. New skins? omg finally! Oh crappy rng treadmill.. /sigh

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: TakeAChance.7186

TakeAChance.7186

It’s fine. I spent yesterday and today farming coffers. I got a ticket. They are supposed to be rare and reward you for taking part in the event.

When you get one, you wont be complaining at all. They are very nice.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: MasterYoda.8563

MasterYoda.8563

I agree tickets way to hard to get!

So much for “We don’t make grindy games — we leave the grind to other MMOs.”

-Mike Obrien, President of Arenanet”
http://venturebeat.com/2012/05/21/guild-wars-2-interview-monetization/

Game Security Lead “Closing this thread,
your account,and your 384 other accounts”
GG Anet

(edited by MasterYoda.8563)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Jaga.2084

Jaga.2084

Came back today because it felt very bad if I didn’t get at least one ticket. So I bought 4k coffers. 19 Minis, 0 Tickets. Back to the grindy MMOs.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Seraph.8293

Seraph.8293

I got 75 Rich chests off the TP (Appreciate that this is roughly $75 USD)

Results:

1 Ticket
2 Pets
931 candy
56 Fireworks
Misc stat food (total value <1g on the TP)

In case anyone needed some perspective.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: MastaNeenja.1537

MastaNeenja.1537

Results:

1 Ticket
2 Pets
931 candy
56 Fireworks

Thanks for pointing that out, now I know what not to spend money on. Also i’m going to start selling my coffers seems like you come out ahead that way.

This business model has been in place since the Wintersday events. The frequency in which they occur has shortened significantly. If every new month means some grindy event that has nothing to really do with the RPG world like they claim it does and your rewards are gaudy back items and fugly weapon skins this is going to get old fast.

I’ve seen some of the weapon and armor skins for an upcoming set that looks like an attempt at steampunk -rolls eyes- if its more crate/coffer… box grinding then I fear that GW2 is going to become a series of monthly money grabs that are poorly disguised as boring events… No Thank You. You want my money? Then give me full blown expansion I’ll gladly fork it over for a trip to Cantha.

This whole process is starting to remind me of Pangya if anyone is familiar with that game.

Now if they made some sort new dungeon where you could earn these new sets of armor and weapons that would be awesome the 1 hand sword and the pistol look great but I’m not grinding for chance boxes and I sure as heck will not pay for slightly better chance boxes.

(edited by MastaNeenja.1537)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Yuudai.5268

Yuudai.5268

Over 1k coffers, and I get a ticket …This is such bs..

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: CelebrityX.7014

CelebrityX.7014

Over 1k coffers, and I get a ticket …This is such bs..

Be happy you got the 1 ticket. I’ve opened literally 3162 coffers and not 1 ticket. But hey, I’ve got 27 mini holograms, so there’s that…..

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Liavain Axon.1972

Liavain Axon.1972

Results:

1 Ticket
2 Pets
931 candy
56 Fireworks

You can’t buy “rich” coffers on the TP. Only the regular ones.
We’ve already established the regular coffer rate as being abysmal.

XOXO
~Lia

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Cleftjaw.9287

Cleftjaw.9287

I’ve been playing Dragon Bash since June 11. Opened lots of chests, and no tickets. I was like, it’s Southson all over again, wich i played a lot and got 0 tickets. But yesterday after finishing daily, went to Gendarren Fields, played like for 20 mins going after holograms wich dropped like 10 or 15 chests, and those got me 3 tickets!!!

It’s random! And we can’t have everything! I just got lucky this time!

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: MastaNeenja.1537

MastaNeenja.1537

For me its not about the tickets, though i think the win ratio is deplorable. Its about the event pollution that the game is now being subjected to.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: UrMom.4205

UrMom.4205

something is weird in this game with the loot, i’m sure it’s just the RNG being derpy but for me recently out of all my guildies that i party up with (around 2-4) I always get the extra rare or the extra unidentified dye or in this case the weapon tickets. My first ticket came when me and buddy were doing an event near the shatterer spawn. He had more magic find and we had both opened about 30ish coffers and bam…weapon ticket. Then recently we had been saving the coffers up to sell until I decided to open a couple stacks. Got about 20 into one stack…bam another ticket. Laughed it off and went on playing for a bit, came back an hour or two later and opened 30ish more bam another ticket…friends are now kitten ed. Got on today at lunch and opened around 50 and bam…another ticket. Not to mention this weekend i got some wings off a kitten moa.

It’s not just with this though, it’s almost like everything we do i’m always getting better stuff or more lucky. Salvaging ectos they rarely get multiples and are lucky to get one or two…yet I can pull like 6 from 2 or 3 rares. It’s just strange, you’d think that rng would be in their favor at least some of the time…hell all of them are sitting at more magic find than me lol. I have no idea what’s up with it.

Team Raven [TR](Dead)
Wu Táng Financial [Táng] – YB

in Dragon Bash

Seraph.8293

Results:

1 Ticket
2 Pets
931 candy
56 Fireworks

You can’t buy “rich” coffers on the TP. Only the regular ones.
We’ve already established the regular coffer rate as being abysmal.

I mean Black Lion. It’s the same hotkey as the TP so I don’t really establish a difference, beyond using another type of currency.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Aktarus.5612

Aktarus.5612

something is weird in this game with the loot, i’m sure it’s just the RNG being derpy but for me recently out of all my guildies that i party up with (around 2-4) I always get the extra rare or the extra unidentified dye or in this case the weapon tickets. My first ticket came when me and buddy were doing an event near the shatterer spawn. He had more magic find and we had both opened about 30ish coffers and bam…weapon ticket. Then recently we had been saving the coffers up to sell until I decided to open a couple stacks. Got about 20 into one stack…bam another ticket. Laughed it off and went on playing for a bit, came back an hour or two later and opened 30ish more bam another ticket…friends are now kitten ed. Got on today at lunch and opened around 50 and bam…another ticket. Not to mention this weekend i got some wings off a kitten moa.

It’s not just with this though, it’s almost like everything we do i’m always getting better stuff or more lucky. Salvaging ectos they rarely get multiples and are lucky to get one or two…yet I can pull like 6 from 2 or 3 rares. It’s just strange, you’d think that rng would be in their favor at least some of the time…hell all of them are sitting at more magic find than me lol. I have no idea what’s up with it.

You are the living proof,that something get really strange with their RNG and DR system or maybe other things we don’t know about..

Are you a big gems buyer with real cash ? (just for curiosity)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: UrMom.4205

UrMom.4205

You are the living proof,that something get really strange with their RNG and DR system or maybe other things we don’t know about..

I wouldn’t say i’m a big gems buyer, i’ve unlocked extra bank slots and bought a couple other things, nothing too extreme. We had a guy in our guild that would get everything a few months back, he hasn’t played very much recently so it’s like the luck has shifted to me or something, he didn’t buy any gems though.

Team Raven [TR](Dead)
Wu Táng Financial [Táng] – YB

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Crossplay.2067

Crossplay.2067

I want you guys to understand that random isn’t fair. Random is chaotic by its very nature. I have guildmates that are already up to 3,000 and got nothing while one opened 25 and got 3 tickets. To my guildies that have opened thousands and finally get a ticket, there is no sudden burst of happiness or excitement. They usually say, “FINALLY,” shortly followed with, “KITTEN YOU ANET,” so they surely aren’t enjoying the experience.

But even that isn’t the real issue. These chests are the only way to get tickets. No amount of hard work and determination will earn one. No, grinding for more chests doesn’t count because it’s entirely possible to grind every second of this event, open every chest and still not get a ticket. The odds will never change from the first to the last chest opened.

Think about that for a second. It’s not about how hard you worked. It’s about how lucky you get. How is that fair? Better yet, how is that fun?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Leo.2641

Leo.2641

dam right its hard to get over 2k of coffer and still goin and no ticket yet

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Evon Skyfyre.9673

Evon Skyfyre.9673

MMO’s are built (sadly) on the premise of Elitism. The needs of the few outweigh the needs of the many or the one. Gaming companies believe we are narcissistic basement dwellers that will be a good little Pavlovian pup, and salivate on cue. They offer the medium (game) and the stimulous (reward) and then the hurdles you need to complete to obtain said reward. It’s the Populous syndrome. The developers are Deities and we are their subjects. They made us, they can break us, and we have no voice, or worth. They want what we covet most, our gaming soul, and undying admiration. We are to pay tribute without questioning their reasons. Or we will be struck down, and left behind. Rendered powerless, made insignificant, and of little or no value. Sound dramatic, all gaming companies are 2 jolt colas from anarchy.

You see, stay or go, at this point you bought the game, and they have received your tribute. If you will not spend more they ignore your pleas. If you do continue to spend they ignore your praise, it’s simple really, play or go away. All MMO’s have PoGA inscribed where their hearts used to be.

The best explanation of how I perceive developers think would be this, if you ask for a cool weapon they make it cold to the touch. If you mention a lower level weapon has better stats then a higher level one they will reduce the stats on the lower level item. Basically it’s like making a perfect deal with the devil, you will never come out on top. Or better still “Strange game, the only winning move is not to play..”

(edited by Evon Skyfyre.9673)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: AtlasSi.9130

AtlasSi.9130

Gf got her ticket in her first 60 reg coffers…..I’m over 1,250 coffers. Not a single ticket. But about….12 minis?… -_-
I won’t buy the rich coffers. I don’t support their pay for RNG.

18 80s | 12 100% | r177 | wvw r970 | 9,000+ hours
BP → DR → FA → Mag → BP → FA

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

You guys know that there are still 3 weeks left, right?

I kind of feel like you guys are buying lotto tickets and complaining about the odds before the drawing even happens.

Server: Devona’s Rest

in Dragon Bash

Leo.2641

2K of coffer and no ticket or wings but still goin cause what else is their to do beside the event. Sarcasm
completed pretty much everything that pve offer only thing is legendary still havent got a precursor got everything else except for that so yea just my 2cent

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Jot.1287

Jot.1287

I just don’t understand why so many come on here and complain. We all know how MMO’s work and we play them as our choice so no point in complaining about it. Thanks though for funding the game so we get new stuff.

Jot Vau – norn Guardian
Josef Vau – human Revenant

in Dragon Bash

Leo.2641

I just don’t understand why so many come on here and complain. We all know how MMO’s work and we play them as our choice so no point in complaining about it. Thanks though for funding the game so we get new stuff.

usually the majority of games with cash shop tend the item it self than being in chest with RNG but posting this will cause many player to reply why you here and not their when it really comes down to GREED

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

I wouldn’t say i’m a big gems buyer, i’ve unlocked extra bank slots and bought a couple other things, nothing too extreme. We had a guy in our guild that would get everything a few months back, he hasn’t played very much recently so it’s like the luck has shifted to me or something, he didn’t buy any gems though.

I doubt it has anything to do with gems, just the way RNG works. I got a ticket after opening an estimate of 150 to 200 coffers (guesstimating based on having 73/300 holographic minions dead at the time, not getting coffers from all of them, and feeling that I’ve gotten 3x as many from regular mobs), but no minis, while other people claim to have opened thousands with no tickets but several minis, and I’ve never bought gems with RL at all (though I did buy some with gold to get some transmutation crystals when they were on sale).

Even before getting the ticket, though, while I don’t like RNG with purchased items, I though it was an improvement from the way southsun worked, where I never even saw a box at all (I didn’t wanted the weapons, though, they didn’t fit with any of my characters), here while the chances are still very low, the coffers drop like raindrops.

If they do another RNG round, which I believe they will considering how profitable seems to have been for them, personally I’d rather them keep the way they drop now, but significantly increasing the chance (or make it a sure thing) from the gem store version, or just plainly offer the tickets for sale directly.

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Xenlai.8694

Xenlai.8694

Greed? I opened over 2000 coffers, no ticket, and you guys tell us we are greedy?
I would rather do a 2h dungeon with a couple of Mad Kings Clocktower type jumping puzzles to earn my ticket than to keep opening chests in hopes that RNG smiles to me (exhale)
I would throw away a ticket that is just given to me. I want to EARN my ticket

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: BlackLotus.8349

BlackLotus.8349

I’ve opened probably 1500 coffers between the ones I’ve farmed myself and bought and I’ve been fortunate enough to get 3 tickets. I wish good luck to those still trying to get their tickets.

in Dragon Bash

Seraph.8293

To re-itterate, for clarity. I wanted one thing out of this event, as I have from most prior events, to consider it “complete” for me. Some kind of cosmetic skin unique to the event that would fit my character. I don’t care for the look of the wings or the helm so I set my sights on a Jade weapon skin. Having bypassed the majority of these in the past, I didn’t realize exactly what kind of disappointment I was setting myself up for.

So to start I decided to do a little experiment and spent $75USD + Tax on Gems, exchanged them for Rich coffers, and got one (1) weapon skin, two (2) pets and nothing else of note.

Two expansions worth of dosh = 1 skin.

Based on those odds, my new sword is worth about as much as digital delux version of the original game, in Anet’s reasoning.

In my time playing GW2, I have no doubt that I’ve spent a few hundred bucks on gems for character slots, bank slots, bag slots, mini-pets, dye packs, costumes and random other goodies. I have felt that the enterprise of GW2 was one worth supporting and I felt that I was getting value out of my investment in gems both in terms of immediate reward and supporting future content, especially considering the lack of a monthly fee for enjoying the game.

But even a Koolaid drinking fan like me has got to draw the line somewhere. I can honestly say, based on this experience that I will not ever be doing a cash shop gamble again and probably won’t purchase anything at all for several months at the least. I’ll also go out of my way to tell others to do the same. As much as I’ve enjoyed these seasonal events and living story elements, I have no gotten a full expansions worth of content out of them, much less two, and the cost is just too high.

in Dragon Bash

Leo.2641

Greed? I opened over 2000 coffers, no ticket, and you guys tell us we are greedy?
I would rather do a 2h dungeon with a couple of Mad Kings Clocktower type jumping puzzles to earn my ticket than to keep opening chests in hopes that RNG smiles to me (exhale)
I would throw away a ticket that is just given to me. I want to EARN my ticket

only good jumping puzzle was the mad king i think that was only anet climax in gw2 other than that RNG been a problem since release. We can keep arguing bout the chest, mobs, puzzle, etc but the RNG is always goin to be the problem not the event.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: kimeekat.2548

kimeekat.2548

The chance from a gem-bought rich box needs to be way higher. The stuff inside is worthless, besides the mini (and even then: who needs 7 of the same minis?) or ticket. There’s not enough to spend the taffy on (don’t get me started on the insane cost of the holo wings from the event vendor without any confirmation that the taffy system will be in-game next Dragon Bash), and after the achievement the taffy is essentially worthless. I guess I don’t understand why there’s an insanely low drop rate on items that can’t even be traded/affect the economy. And those that spent some actual money don’t even get a pity ticket after so many rich coffers, or even a decent ticket drop rate increase from them. I’d like some communication about how much of this content will be in the game for the next dragon bash, so I know if it’s mentally better for me to give up now. In either case, I’m never spending another dollar on ~increased RNG-based-ticket-for-weapon chance~ crap again. I’ll buy other things that aren’t kittenting all over my patronage.

Basically, after the last three events, I’m getting bummed out on temporary content that isn’t earned but is bestowed and then soul/account bound whether or not a player would like to give it to someone who actually wants it. I’m cool with randomness, but at least tell me that the gold and energy I spent on upping my magic find is affecting drop rate, tell me that if my boyfriend doesn’t want the ticket he can give it to me (instead of being afraid to tell me he found one because of how heartbroken he thought I’d be), tell me that I’ll have another chance again next year (seriously, the lack of communication on this point is terrible), tell me that the money I spent on a rich chest is worth it from the quality of other common items dropping from it. I was a fool for spending surplus gems on them, but I never will be again. A solution might be to move the tickets to a BL Chest drop, because at least then there’s some goodies that make the money spent worth it.

Thank you for the beautiful content. Dragonball is a fun idea, LA looks amazing and the dragon song is catchy as hell (and surprisingly under used at the moment) <3 but I respectfully posit that the current ticket system, or at least the bits of it that involves the gem store, sucks.

Clove Zolan – Bringers of Aggro [Oops] – Blackgate

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

kRiza krimos

Yea it gets like that when you’r used to get everything you want.

It has nothing to do with greed. RNG is just a terrible system as it creates an unfair playing field due to being completely based on random chance. If skins could be acquired through skill, say by winning tickets through the playing and winning of Dragon Ball matches or being a top 3 player x many times, it would be far more satisfying as you have stuff to look forward to that is achieveable if you put in a bit of effort and acquire skill.

RNG causes some people to get 3 weapon tickets after having acquired 25 boxes and others to have none after 500+ opened chests.

Because RNG is the only thing that balances out people with tons of time to play and people that get almost no time to play. Thanks to RNG – both have equal chances – take note of the word “chances” – to get the item.

Not really,

Before the whole concept of RNG came along, games operated perfectly fine, and it more cases much better, and longer lasting than the ones of today.

The reason being, despite what some people think, RNG does not cause the player to want to continually playing or strive for whatever they’re aiming for, it turns most people away. In some cases, it leave them with a bad taste in their mouth.

Having a set number of goals to achieve a specific item or event attached to a variety of content is a much better system to keep the player engaged and happy. Having very little content with RNG attached to attempt to keep the player engaged by having them repeat repetitive tasks till the end of time for an item or event is not a good scenario.

Take for example D3; amongst the many problems that plague the game, one of the primary problems was the ridiculous RNG attached to it. This would have been solved by having a much larger variety of items to pick from, but given the small pool of items and even a smaller pool of decent affixes, the RNG just ruins it.

Take for example WoW. There is a little bit of RNG attached to it, but you knew what dungeon bosses and what raid bosses carried what. You also knew they were guaranteed to drop from a small pool of items. Whether the one you needed dropped is a whole different story, but the chance of these dropping were far greater than what we’d see in these RNG boxes.

WoW started back in what.. 2004? It’s still going strong by today’s standards, though I do think it’s going down hill. Does anyone think Gw2 will still be going strong in 9 years? 5 years? 3 years? As much as I love the game, I just don’t see it happening if they continue this method of RNG.

This isn’t an entitlement factor. I personally could care less if every player who played gw2 had a weapon ticket and I didn’t. If I’m paying real money for something, I expect a specific product, not a chance. There is already a lottery for that, Gw2 does not need a lottery system.

There is something to be said about nickle and diming, this RNG system is no different than nickle and diming the players.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Evon Skyfyre.9673

Evon Skyfyre.9673

I have a feeling these skins will be added to the BLTC after the event. Something like “Missed the chance to get your favorite Dragon skin? Well don’t worry we added them for a limited time to the BLTC, hurry while they last!” . They will cost probably 600 to 1000 gems each. I would not be surprised by this, at all.

As for buying anything in the future with real world money, I’ll build up my in game gold and trade it in for gems.

(edited by Evon Skyfyre.9673)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Bloodpope.6109

Bloodpope.6109

I also found a skin :P but i was wondering if i could re-use it when I bind it to a weapon. Or is the skin permanent attached to my weapon? Found one after probably 40 chests haha

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: DurakBlackaxe.9438

DurakBlackaxe.9438

I spent a lot of money, was given the impression there was more chance of a weapon skin in this pay for chests. I feel lied too, I got a lot of candy, some other foods, a few of those silly companion things. But not one skin.

What’s the point introducing these things if there only a rare person will ever get them? You think paying real money would give you more rewards than the coffers that drop in the world. But it doesn’t.
I will never buy anything from this money shop again, its just not worth the cost.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

I have a feeling these skins will be added to the BLTC after the event. Something like “Missed the chance to get your favorite Dragon skin? Well don’t worry we added them for a limited time to the BLTC, hurry while they last!” . They will cost probably 600 to 1000 gems each. I would not be surprised by this, at all.

As for buying anything in the future with real world money, I’ll build up my in game gold and trade it in for gems.

Not the greatest idea. They should have had them in the BLTC at the start not after people opened 1000s of Coffers without seeing a ticket. Or they could have had it so every time you open a coffer you get fragments that could be traded in for a ticket

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Glog.4275

Glog.4275

These sort of events are nothing more then to generate Anet money, and to be a money sink on gamers. Im not dishing Anet, i get it, they need some sort of income to run a free game model. And these events are just the thing, makes perfect sens.

Iv notice one or two things about these events – one, people complain about the rarity of gem purchased boxes. Two, people dont learn from past mistake and purchase it again on the next event.

Want to possible change things? Dont buy the boxes, and just maybe Anet will increase the % chance on the next event. And then we can all run around looking the exact same (abit of sarcasm there xD).

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Geotherma.2395

Geotherma.2395

100 Gem store coffers, 1 ticket. Done for now, the alternative items don’t seem worth the risk. Too bad, these dragon pieces were very cool.

Intel i7 3.9ghz processor 16GB Ram 2TB HDD
Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF
http://everyonesgrudge.enjin.com/home MY GW2 Music http://tinyurl.com/cm4o6tu

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Vennyhedgie.5369

Vennyhedgie.5369

got the first ticket at around 1k coffers on the first day. It was around 50g that time.
Been farming coffers and buying more since then, about another 1’5k coffers opened and still not a second ticket. While I haven’t spent any real money on them, I still feel kinda bummed at wasting 2 days for nothing but candy.
“oh these drop like crazy, I’m sure I’ll get the 4 skins I want by the end of the month!”
Oh foolish me.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Ghyer.4172

Ghyer.4172

I opened 2345 regular dragon coffers and got 3 tickets, 21 minis, 19 stacks of candy, various food and potions. The first 2 tickets came within the first 600 or so the last around 800 after that. Bought the chests off the tp for 2s 48c/ea on average. I do not know if mf helped, I’m sure it had no effect however I did use my mf toon and got him up to 208%.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: DeShadowWolf.6854

DeShadowWolf.6854

I also found a skin :P but i was wondering if i could re-use it when I bind it to a weapon. Or is the skin permanent attached to my weapon? Found one after probably 40 chests haha

You can change the weapon it is on through Transmutation Stones.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: awesomesauce.5980

awesomesauce.5980

kRiza krimos

It has nothing to do with greed. RNG is just a terrible system as it creates an unfair playing field due to being completely based on random chance. If skins could be acquired through skill, say by winning tickets through the playing and winning of Dragon Ball matches or being a top 3 player x many times, it would be far more satisfying as you have stuff to look forward to that is achieveable if you put in a bit of effort and acquire skill.

RNG causes some people to get 3 weapon tickets after having acquired 25 boxes and others to have none after 500+ opened chests.

Because RNG is the only thing that balances out people with tons of time to play and people that get almost no time to play. Thanks to RNG – both have equal chances – take note of the word “chances” – to get the item.

People with more time to farm the coffers still have more chances to get the coffers. This is a stupid argument. The RNG design is intended to get people grinding the game for longer periods of time thus favouring people with more time. If you have very little time to farm the coffers the tickets may as well not exist as far as you are concerned.

You’re conveniently leaving out the word “earning” in your sentence. It should read “when you’re used to*earning* everything you want.”. Now you just gamble and hope you get lucky. Hopefully this doesn’t build up any life long habbits in people, because gambling for things you want with these odds is a very destructive way to live your life compared to earning it.

ArenaNet doesn’t want you to earn things, they want to give them you for logging in every day (dailies), for being in game at the right time (dragon helmets) or for getting lucky (weapon tickets). Earning things is how other MMOs do it, Guild Wars 2 is depserate to push the “players logged in daily” metrics and the devs can’t create enough engaging and substantial content to justify earning rewards so they time gate them and make them event exclusive instead. It’s the cheap cop out game design but it does the job of keeping the players on that hamster wheel.

(edited by awesomesauce.5980)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Nexrex.8273

Nexrex.8273

Ive been opening coffers just like everyone else.. and im talking ALOT of coffers!
in hopes of getting a ticket so i can get the Jade shield for my Warrior.
ive spent atleast 5 hours a day farming for coffers. and not getting rewarded for it.
all i have gotten is TONS of candy some food and 2 stinking minis that i dont even care about.

If its going to be this hard to get a ticket it should be sellable since MANY people like me dont get any tickets but really want one or 2 but cant get them…

stop the RNG BS and make the skin tickets easier to get so that people can get the skins they want.

to be honest, no one cares if another player looks the same as you….

2250 normal coffers: 7 jade weapon tickets, and 15 mini’s. Did I do better than you?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: DiamondMeteor.8345

DiamondMeteor.8345

I don’t know about you guys but… alot of people have jade weapons by now. Starting to see a whole lot of ppl in sPvP running around with swords and the like. Face it: compared to the Molten and Sclerite weapon loadouts, the Dragon Jade is by far the most generously presented ticket to boot. You can obtain it without spending a single gem, that’s a step in the right direction.

Yes, it’s about RNG to obtain them. But have you seen the price of the regular Dragon Coffer right this very moment? You’d have to be a really lazy player not to afford a stack a day.

Ranger / Revenant – Crystal Desert

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Nexrex.8273

Nexrex.8273

310 Zhaitaffy
4 to 8 of other various types of Candy
15 Fireworks

It is time we stop this. I thought maybe south sun would have been a turning point. I will be on the phone with NCSoft tomorrow after work.

2250 coffers and i have gotten 7 weapon tickets and 15 mini’s. You had bad luck.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

rng .-.
I hear a guild mate opening a ticket every day …..
i got mine after 260 coffers >.>

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

I think tickets are getting easier to get now that a large number of people have gotten the ticket(s) they wanted. The prices of boxes on tp are starting to drop below 2s 20c, and I think the event still has a couple weeks to go.

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: negerleif.2106

negerleif.2106

The tickets are supposed to be rare, i gives a feel of achievement when getting one. I haven’t got one yet myself but i don’t think they should sell them on the TP, people were complaining about that last time. The drop rate is fine, just because you haven’t got one doesn’t mean it isn’t fair. There is still a few weeks ’til the event ends there is plenty of time to get one.

thats just wrong and twisted in so many ways…

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Kawloon Fuathach.3807

Kawloon Fuathach.3807

Opened roughly around 175 normal coffers, and got 2 tickets, 7 mini’s and a metric ton of fireworks, along with some food and a bunch of Zhaitaffy. The system works, and is fine as is, just gotta hope you get lucky.

Wilhelm The Pursuer

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Amria.2461

Amria.2461

At least I don’t have to spend gems to get these skins – the drop rate may be low as heck but its better than nothing. Which is what I would be getting if I had to get them through gem store boxes.