Opening 1000 regular Dragon Coffers [Merged]

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Opened roughly around 175 normal coffers, and got 2 tickets, 7 mini’s and a metric ton of fireworks, along with some food and a bunch of Zhaitaffy. The system works, and is fine as is, just gotta hope you get lucky.

Just out of curiosity, if you one of the people who have opened 2000 to 3000 coffers and not gotten a ticket, would you still say the system works and is fine as is?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Mileinnor.7125

Mileinnor.7125

2000 coffers and 0 tickets. The system works? My foot.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Red Storm.6430

Red Storm.6430

310 Zhaitaffy
4 to 8 of other various types of Candy
15 Fireworks

It is time we stop this. I thought maybe south sun would have been a turning point. I will be on the phone with NCSoft tomorrow after work.

Not to be rude, but are you being truthful about opening 1000 boxes?

I opened 550 yesterday and got close to 1000 candy, 75 Fireworks, a Jade Weapon Ticket, and 6 Mini Risen Knights.

There’s no way you opened 1000 of them and only got 15 Fireworks and 310 Zhaitaffy.

They merged two threads, the OP actually opened some rich ones, can’t remember how mnay

I’m very disappointed with the chances of getting Dragon Weapon Skin tickets! I spent $50.00 on 4,000 gems and bought 50 Rich Coffers and didn’t get a Dragon Weapon Skin ticket, all I got was candy! I would think if I’m spending hard earned cash, enough to buy a new game, I should have gotten that ticket!

I was talking with someone in game and he got 2 in like 5 min he said. He got them so easily, he didn’t realize how rare they were, so he deleted them.

I want my Dragon Weapon Skin ticket!

(edited by Red Storm.6430)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Sardonia.8196

Sardonia.8196

Got 2 more tickets yesterday out of 500 regular coffers. Up to 7 now. Not sure if this makes a difference or not, but the way you open them may make a difference. Try to open each one at a steady pace instead of just mass clicking a stack as fast as possible. Everytime I click as fast as possible, all it got was candy. Also if you have a stretch of just candy, stop for about 30 seconds and start again. Did that yesterday where I was getting nothing, stopped and did some inventory re-organization. Then started opening and got a ticket on the first one I opened after taking a break.

Again, it could be that I am very lucky this event to.

in Dragon Bash

Sardonia.8196

At least I don’t have to spend gems to get these skins – the drop rate may be low as heck but its better than nothing. Which is what I would be getting if I had to get them through gem store boxes.

Agree totally. I bought a 100 rich coffers and got two tickets. So far from about 2500 regular I have gotten 5 tickets. It was my choice to buy the rich ones and only got 2 out of 100. But I like the option of either buy for a better chance or have many chances, since they drop all the time.

I should of just converted to gold and bought regular chests, would have probably been better, but oh-well

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: zfx.3917

zfx.3917

Anet has lost this customer.
After opening 1000+ regular chests and getting nothing but 3 minis and a crap ton of candy
I went and bought 10 of the rich coffers, and I got less from the rich coffers then I would
have from 10 regular coffers, and still no ticket despite the “greater chances”

in the past, ive always thrown a few dollars Anets direction buying 1 pack of chests for the event if
I enjoyed the event. Knowing exactly that there was pretty much 0 chance on a skin.
However after the advertising from Anets own page
“https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/june-11-2013/”
“which offers a greater chance to receive rare items like holographic minis and the Dragon’s Jade weapon skins! “
My expectations were altered, this clearly shows false advertising, I wont support a company
who blatantly lies to is customers.

in Dragon Bash

zfx.3917

At page 15 its unlikely this will actually be read, but i should have probably posted this here
After opening 1000+ regular chests and getting nothing but 3 minis and a crap ton of candy
I went and bought 10 of the rich coffers, and I got less from the rich coffers then I would

in the past, ive always thrown a few dollars Anets direction buying 1 pack of chests for the event if
I enjoyed the event. Knowing exactly that there was pretty much 0 chance on a skin.
“which offers a greater chance to receive rare items like holographic minis and the Dragon’s Jade weapon skins! “
My expectations were altered, this clearly shows false advertising, I wont support a company

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

I opened 3k coffers, no ticket, but on the plus side I got 26 minis, which i forged and made 10g from lol. /sadness.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

They didn’t lie.
Never have they stated that you have a big chance to get the tickets from the Rich boxes. They have only ever said that there is a BIGGER chance to get it from there than from the Regular ones.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: AtomicRose.1893

AtomicRose.1893

I’m writing this as a desperate plea to us players. I have a friend who has opened 1600 Coffers and still no Ticket. He is very distraught and is very close to leaving this game. I don’t blame him. SOO MUCH MONEY has been wasted that could of been for other things and nothing to show for it! Its this kind of stuff that makes you guys look like a greedy company that don’t care about your customers but only the money you get. Please Arenanet, Become the company you were! Guild Wars one did not have any RNG. It was all fair and you felt like you had accomplished something during these events. I am writing this on the behalf of every poor player who has not yet received this ticket for one of these weapons. Gambling is very addicting and putting it in a T Rated game is no acceptable.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: blud.8174

blud.8174

They didn’t lie.
Never have they stated that you have a big chance to get the tickets from the Rich boxes. They have only ever said that there is a BIGGER chance to get it from there than from the Regular ones.

>Rich Dragon Coffers contain all the same items as the Dragon Coffers* *that drop >commonly from Dragon Bash enemies, but have better chances at rare items.

Actually, notice how they edited the patch notes here – I didn’t add those *’s. It originally plainly implied that rich dragon coffers had a 100% chance of a jade weapon ticket. That was poor communication so let’s not let all the brouhaha distract from the fact that there is real reason to be upset with Anet over miscommunication and people’s wasted money.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Bloodpope.6109

Bloodpope.6109

I also found a skin :P but i was wondering if i could re-use it when I bind it to a weapon. Or is the skin permanent attached to my weapon? Found one after probably 40 chests haha

You can change the weapon it is on through Transmutation Stones.

Thx

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Spendingallmytime.7249

Spendingallmytime.7249

Won’t someone please think of the children! clutches pearl necklace

Why you bein’ cute?

in Dragon Bash

lordkrall.7241

It originally plainly implied that rich dragon coffers had a 100% chance of a jade weapon ticket. That was poor communication so let’s not let all the brouhaha distract from the fact that there is real reason to be upset with Anet over miscommunication and people’s wasted money.

Actually it was never implied that they have a 100% chance of a ticket. Anyone that claims that is either very naive or simply fooling themselves.
I have read every single release preview and patch notes, and I was fully aware before the release of the patch that there was not a 100% chance to get the ticket from the Rich Coffers (if there had been, why not simply put the tickets directly in the store?)

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Evon Skyfyre.9673

Evon Skyfyre.9673

It’s not Anet, it’s NcSoft. After some reading online they are calling the shots now. I doubt they care if we stay or go. Apparently this “Gambling” model is common in Asian gaming. I don’t think they will change how they do things to please us. I may still play but as stated earlier, I will NEVER spend another dime of real money in game again. Period.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: TottWriter.8591

TottWriter.8591

The tickets are supposed to be rare, i gives a feel of achievement when getting one. I haven’t got one yet myself but i don’t think they should sell them on the TP, people were complaining about that last time. The drop rate is fine, just because you haven’t got one doesn’t mean it isn’t fair. There is still a few weeks ’til the event ends there is plenty of time to get one.

I could get behind there being an “achievement” to receiving a ticket if there were more than blind chance behind it. My boyfriend and I have between us opened hundreds of chests (we haven’t been keeping particular count but we both had more than 1000 sweets at last count.

I’ve gotten naught but cakes, and so has he. Now, RNG is fine sometimes and for some things. I don’t mind the normal Black Lion chests, for example. It’s mostly fluff and it’s a bit of a “hey, what is it this time?” when I get a key from my PS on one of my alts.

Even the Moa racing. It’s a little tedious trying to get three wins and having to wait so long in between options – I think that achievement might have been better served being, say, ten to fifteen podiums rather than three lots of first place.

However. It seems a little counter-intuitive to go to the effort of designing these weapon skins which will only be available for a limited amount of time, and then make it so that very, very few people (compared to those who want them and the game’s broader population) will ever get them.

My suggestion would be to keep the RNG on the chests as it is, but add another method of getting the tokens. Even if it’s saving up a few Jorbreakers as with the wings; at least that gives you something to do with all the candy from the chests.

To buy character slots or not to buy character slots. That is the test of my restraint.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: AtomicRose.1893

AtomicRose.1893

Really… This is a serious matter.. I think RNG is a money scam…

in Dragon Bash

zfx.3917

Ove course it’s a lie
False advertising = Lie
Its quoted right there in my original post.
You can delude yourself all you want and try to manipulate the sentence to mean something else. You can throw any factors into the equation you want however
False advertising = Lie

Unless your one of the people who bought 100+ Halloween chests and got 0 skins and then was foolish enough to buy 100+ dragon chests and walk away with 2 ticket
skins then sure you got “greater chances”. For myself I bought 5 Halloween boxes, so
my expectation are perfectly reasonable when I see Anet/NCsoft GO OUT OF THEIR
WAY to advertise “greater chances” to expect just that “greater chances” so I bought
10 Dragon boxes I didn’t see any “greater chances” in fact I got less from them then I
did 10 normal boxes. That’s false advertising which is a lie.

(edited by zfx.3917)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Glitch.6849

Glitch.6849

^ I’m a noob and gotten 2. Sadly I can’t gift them as they aren’t for me.

Why can’t I!?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Ruruuiye.8912

Ruruuiye.8912

What exactly is the achievement of getting a ticket? Look mom, I doubled clicked a whole lot of boxes! All by myself! Frankly I’m okay with the arrangement – Anet gotta eat and servers aren’t free.

But for those of you who delude yourselves into thinking there’s some kind of “achievement” behind this; that you managed to open a lot of RNG boxes and are proud of it and attribute the result to some function on your own part, you guys are the absolute dregs of gaming. Seriously, if you’re going to gamble for a skin, at least recognize what you’re doing.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: MajorCookie.6729

MajorCookie.6729

RNG simply takes all the skill and fun out of the game … you can’t put RNG in an event that has a limited time period, this makes it virtualy impossible for a lot of – loyal – players to get even one skin.

by doing this Anet is creating frustration with a lot of players.

in Dragon Bash

Red Storm.6430

Got 2 more tickets yesterday out of 500 regular coffers. Up to 7 now. Not sure if this makes a difference or not, but the way you open them may make a difference. Try to open each one at a steady pace instead of just mass clicking a stack as fast as possible. Everytime I click as fast as possible, all it got was candy. Also if you have a stretch of just candy, stop for about 30 seconds and start again. Did that yesterday where I was getting nothing, stopped and did some inventory re-organization. Then started opening and got a ticket on the first one I opened after taking a break.

Where did you get 500 regular Coffers?

in Dragon Bash

Red Storm.6430

At page 15 its unlikely this will actually be read, but i should have probably posted this here

Yeah that’s why I bought 4, 000 GEMS for $50.00 and bought 50 Rich Coffers only to receive candy!

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Kawloon Fuathach.3807

Kawloon Fuathach.3807

Opened roughly around 175 normal coffers, and got 2 tickets, 7 mini’s and a metric ton of fireworks, along with some food and a bunch of Zhaitaffy. The system works, and is fine as is, just gotta hope you get lucky.

Just out of curiosity, if you one of the people who have opened 2000 to 3000 coffers and not gotten a ticket, would you still say the system works and is fine as is?

I would actually. I opened them with the mentality that I would get nothing; it’s a random chance to get one of those items, not a guarantee.

Wilhelm The Pursuer

in Dragon Bash

Red Storm.6430

I would actually. I opened them with the mentality that I would get nothing; it’s a random chance to get one of those items, not a guarantee.

If someone invests hard earned cash. Then there should be more of a guarantee! Especially if he/she is spending enough real cash to buy a whole new game!

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Opened around 800 coffers at this point. Got 1 ticket around coffer #750 (nearly spit my drink when I saw it appear in my inventory), about 9 minis, a few potions, and of course insane amounts of candy. No wings yet.

I could have had much worse luck basing it off some of the responses in this thread, but I can’t say I’m particularly pleased so far either. I’m trying to get 4-5 of these things (3 would be the bare minimum I’d want to consider myself “satisfied”) so one in 800 doesn’t really bode well for that.

Especially since my coffer drops seem to have fallen off somewhat, day before yesterday I was able to get 300 coffers in 4-5 hours, yesterday I only managed 120 in 3 hours. Odd considering the fact that I was farming more holograms yesterday than I did the day before (I was on one of the higher level zones and few people were farming due to everyone being in lower areas getting effigies, so I was able to pretty much be killing holograms non-stop). Perhaps I was just unlucky, or perhaps my luck went into getting a ticket rather than getting high numbers of coffers. I will gladly take that sort of luck, less coffers but more tickets would totally work for me.

Bought a stack of 250 off the TP which yielded me nothing of value, but I can’t afford to buy too many, I’m by no means wealthy in-game and the 5.5g I spent on that 250 stack was about 1/5 my total bank account. Especially since I don’t seem to be getting any other drops while coffer farming (I’ve gotten like 4 rares over the past 3 days) so I’m certainly not making any money while doing the coffer grind. I’d rather not buy them at all, but I don’t think I’ll get anywhere near the number of tickets I want on drops alone.

in Dragon Bash

Sardonia.8196

There just the normal coffers that drop in the world, not the rich ones.
Where did you get 500 regular Coffers?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

I’ve opened over 1000 coffers and have absolutely nothing to show for it but stacks of worthless candy, food, and potions (why are those elemental potions even IN that loot table?), and over a dozen minis. kitten it, anet, I just want a dragon greatsword and longbow, why is this so hard?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: SkyFrog.9742

SkyFrog.9742

I opened 1k coffers (regular ones) and got 7x tickets… Can’t belive how unlucky some of you are

in Dragon Bash

lordkrall.7241

Ove course it’s a lie
False advertising = Lie
You can delude yourself all you want and try to manipulate the sentence to mean something else. You can throw any factors into the equation you want however
False advertising = Lie

Yes, false advertising would be a lie.
Now there were no false advertising though.
They did NEVER in any way or form, state that the Rich Coffers would be guaranteed to give a ticket. They simply said that it dropped it while the Regular coffers dropped it (rarely).

But sure, since you seem so sure of the fact that it is false advertisement, bring them to court. If you are correct, you will win.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Angel Heart.6739

Angel Heart.6739

This does it for me.

I have gathered and bought 1000 chests.

i just opened them result:

no ticket
no wings nothing

I’ve bought and gathered between 1000-2000 chests now.

so far stacks of fire works 16-20 knights but nothing serious.

Is the droprate on the tickets and mini’s turned of on my account?

Cause this is no way to treat ppl that try to get the rewards from the game it totally turns me of from playing gw 2.

Attachments:

Djynn Tm – Founder and Guild Leader – Angel Hearts Clan [Halo] Seafarers Rest

in Dragon Bash

Evon Skyfyre.9673

On a hunch, I tested a theory voiced here. Namely the benefit of Magic Find. My thief runs the Pirate sigil/rune/thing build and has high mf. I then ate a dragon cupcake and added 30% mf, so all told I was around +100% magic find, with armor, weapons, addons etc.. And I bought 100 coffers. Guess what? I got a ticket. It was number 97 to be exact. I don’t know that MF makes a difference, just reporting what happened. Previously I had been using my Guardian which has no +magic find.

Thing is, mf is supposed to only benefit us with mob drops..?? Could it have considered the coffer a mob? While I was happy to get it, this in no ways removes my ire over how crazy it is to get a silly ticket. So many feel left out and are walking away it’s not funny. Say what you will, but Retail 101 is the customer is always right. Without them you go broke.

(edited by Evon Skyfyre.9673)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Wallace MacBix.2089

Wallace MacBix.2089

Ove course it’s a lie
False advertising = Lie
False advertising = Lie

Yes, false advertising would be a lie.
Now there were no false advertising though.
They did NEVER in any way or form, state that the Rich Coffers would be guaranteed to give a ticket. They simply said that it dropped it while the Regular coffers dropped it (rarely).

But sure, since you seem so sure of the fact that it is false advertisement, bring them to court. If you are correct, you will win.

Agreed. While I can’t remember 100%, I do think the text of the dragon bash intro page changed, but even at the start it was never implied that it was a 100% chance. A better chance is a better chance. If you look at the drop rates going on (sadly both probably have a decent margin of error because of the small sample size)

Normal Dragon coffers (40343 sample size): 0.04% for a ticket
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dragon_Coffer/drop_rate

Rich Dragon Coffers (314 sample size, way too small): 1.27% for a ticket
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Rich_Dragon_Coffer/drop_rate

Now, even if you “round a bit” and say that the rates are ~1% for rich and 0.05% for normal, that is a x20 increase in odds. That is a substantial increase. Also please remember that a 1% drop rate doesn’t mean that if you open 100 chests you are guaranteed to get a ticket.

My expectations were altered, this clearly shows false advertising, I wont support a company who blatantly lies to is customers.

Please tell me where “greater chance” means 100% (or even 10%). They stated a truth and you interpreted it differently than others, such as lordkrall and myself, that isn’t Anet’s fault.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

On a hunch, I tested a theory voiced here. Namely the benefit of Magic Find. My thief runs the Pirate sigil/rune/thing build and has high mf. I then ate a dragon cupcake and added 30% mf, so all told I was around +100% magic find, with armor, weapons, addons etc.. And I bought 100 coffers. Guess what? I got a ticket. It was number 97 to be exact. I don’t know that MF makes a difference, just reporting what happened. Previously I had been using Guardian which has no +magic find.

Thing is, mg is supposed to only benefit us with mob drops..?? Could it have considered the coffer a mob?

I’ve opened every coffer I’ve had on my Magic Find character who wears full MF gear (including ascended amulet with 20% MF infusion) as well as laureate MF boosters and MF food and it still took me 750 coffers before I got a ticket.

I don’t think there’s much to this, just you having some good luck.

in Dragon Bash

Red Storm.6430

This does it for me.

I have gathered and bought 1000 chests.

i just opened them result:

no ticket
no wings nothing

I’ve bought and gathered between 1000-2000 chests now.

so far stacks of fire works 16-20 knights but nothing serious.

Is the droprate on the tickets and mini’s turned of on my account?

Cause this is no way to treat ppl that try to get the rewards from the game it totally turns me of from playing gw 2.

Agreed! Bought 4,000 Gems = $50 bucks = 50 Rich Coffers = All candy!

(edited by Red Storm.6430)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Wallace MacBix.2089

Wallace MacBix.2089

Not sure if you are suppose to just post the same thing multiple times just to complain (https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/dragonbash/Tickets-way-to-hard-to-get/first#post2240649)

but I again point you to my response (https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/dragonbash/Tickets-way-to-hard-to-get/page/2#post2243321) [hope I did those permalinks right]

Which basically says that you’re wrong because you are saying that they lied when they didn’t (~1-1.4% chance >> 0.05% chance).

Yeah that’s why I bought 4, 000 GEMS for $50.00 and bought 50 Rich Coffers only to receive candy!

While it sucks that you didn’t get a ticket, you can’t blame Anet for what you spent your money on. They said that you have a greater chance (which you did), it never said guaranteed.
—————
I guess my point is this.

It is fair to argue that you don’t want to see rnd chance for skins. (more on this in a sec)

It is not fair to say that you were cheated out of your money/gold after the fact. (For example if you bought black lion keys because you wanted a Permanent Bank Access Contract [I just picked something that can’t be bought on the gem store normally] and then said you were cheated when you didn’t get it?)

As for why I think Anet uses this rnd chance system.
1) Anet needs to make money somehow -
if they sold the skins in the store (for say 800 gems as some have suggested), they would lose money (or at least they think they would lose money, otherwise they would do that). yes, people here say that “i would buy 3 skins if they were in the store, but i won’t buy rnd boxes” but for everyone of those people there are those that spend $50, $75, or even $100 trying to get just one ticket.
if they sold them for a very high cost ($50-$100 worth of gems) people would just shout “you just want our money and this isn’t fair”

2) It gives a “fair” chance to “everyone” –
if content was locked behind some hard dungeon/jp/something people would complain (like they did for the halloween jp) and it shuns the casual players.
if it was only in the store some people could complain that they couldn’t afford it this month for whatever reason or that they would rather have a way to earn the skin in game and this shuns those that don’t have much disposable income.
this allows someone to have a chance for 5 minutes of play
technically it still is most in favor of those that have the most time/grinders (but that will almost always be the case)

Do I think this system is perfect? No, but I can at least understand why they use it. I think this is a better system than it has been. It’s a lot easier to get these coffers than previous holiday events, and you technically don’t need to spend any real money or gold to get one (you just need to be lucky). And personally, I think I like this approach more than “big world boss has a 0.5% chance to drop a ticket, but only spawns every 2-3 hours, have fun!” or “you can only get this by rnd chance through the gem store.”

Once again this isn’t to go against the “we don’t want rnd chance in the future” or “we’d prefer to have some sort of challenge to get X item” which are both valid complaints.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: OmniPotentes.4817

OmniPotentes.4817

Took me about 4 days of roaming the land doing the achievements to get a ticket. My first ever. Pretty psyched. Didn’t buy a single coffer! Dropped a set of wings on the second day also.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Erdem.8956

Erdem.8956

I’m not a hardcore player…at least not anymore. I’ve collected 250 dragon coffers total since the Dragon Bash started. And I’ve opened all of them today and got bunch of Zhaitaffy and 2x Dragon’s Jade Claim Tickets.. No mini. No food. Here’s RNG for you.

My friends and guildies hates me now because o’mighty RNG god smiled upon me.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: ImTheWabbajack.4218

ImTheWabbajack.4218

I opened my 4750 th coffer today, I buy them in sets of 250 to easily keep track of them, I’ve easily spent over 100g and have gotten nothing to show for it, I have gotten not one ticket. I’m not even counting the coffers I loot and open, I’m only counting the ones I’ve bought from the Trading Post.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

Wasn’t keeping count but fairly early on maybe under 500 got one ticket for weapon. Think I got Holographic Dragon Wings from a veteran in Kessex from an event and was totally surprised at getting that – either I didn’t notice or it didn’t show but was in my inventory when I checked after the event. Otherwise it has been tons and tons of candy, fireworks, and various foods. Hubby has gotten candy, fireworks, food and nada else. We have great hopes he will eventually get a ticket or get something from what he kills enroute to next effigy. Not spending anything to get coffers and wouldn’t recommend it. We got what coffers we do have just finishing areas we didn’t have or cleaning up areas to the next effigy to burn. Definitely luck in my mind as sometimes he was getting lot of coffers and I got nothing and vice versa. I was pleased with what I got so far, though…..played Powerball while on vacation earlier this month checked tickets I bought while enroute back home and got better luck in here with what I got than that, LOL…. It is in the Fates hands I guess…

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: RileyTheRad.8542

RileyTheRad.8542

I think the drop rate for the regular coffers is fine, but I do think that the Rich Coffers could use a bit of a boost… From what I understand, the drop rate in them is pretty low. I know it may sound dramatic, but I think that something like a 10% drop rate would be fair. You would lose the massive amounts bought by the people here and there dropping a ton of money on them, but I think a lot of people who normally wouldn’t invest cash into something like this would be more inclined to buy them if they saw a significant raise in the cash shop drop rate.

And if people didn’t want to buy the Rich ones with real money, hey. That’s why you put the regular ones in. The drop rate would be way lower, but they’re easily farmable and basically free. It took me around 1000 regular coffers to get my weapon skin, but I guess that’s pretty lucky. My wife has two weapon tickets and two sets of holo wings so far and she’s probably only opened like… 250 regular coffers… >> Dat luck. xD;;

Hoopa doopa.

(edited by RileyTheRad.8542)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

It’s not about how hard you worked. It’s about how lucky you get. How is that fair? Better yet, how is that fun?

It isn’t fun, and it says a helluva lot about the people who would do this to their customers. They could have made a lot of folks happy during this ‘celebration’. They chose – intentionally, purposefully chose – instead to make a lot of folks unhappy. I understand they are in this to make money. That doesn’t mean they have to be kittenes about it.

The table is a fable.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Jabberwock.9014

Jabberwock.9014

Got one after 500 coffers… about 7 gold after selling. Incredibly reasonable compared to the previous ticket debacles where you could only get one with hundreds of gold converted to gems or real money.

Get stoned whenever you want:
Endless Petrification Tonic

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

I’ve now opened 4,000 coffers. Received my first ticket around the 2700 mark not sure if I should be happy or sad. I recorded it for fun

in Dragon Bash

Evon Skyfyre.9673

Ran my guardian all evening probably opened, another 60 to 70 coffers, no ticket. Bought 80 coffers, used my thief with +100% magic find, got another ticket. Some will deny it, I think it helped. Or they adjusted it in todays update.

(edited by Evon Skyfyre.9673)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Ghyer.4172

Ghyer.4172

Ok so I did another bunch of regular coffers on my mf toon. Like I said in my earlier post I don’t think there was any effect but it is the toon I used. So this time mf was at 153%.
3000 coffers I netted 3 tickets, 25 minis, 24 stacks of candy, various food, potions, and a couple stacks of fireworks.
So between my total cost of both times it averaged out to be 21 gold per ticket. Just adding my findings to the list. The first 2 tickets came within the first 750 coffers and the last one I was around the 2200 mark on open coffers.

(edited by Ghyer.4172)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Calista Flame.5681

Calista Flame.5681

Got a 2000gem card for Father’s day, gambled it on crates and got kitten.

Update: Bought another $25 US worth of gems for another stack of 25 crates and got no ticket. That is $50 US spent on 2 stacks of crates with zero tickets…..check my account Anet! How can you allow your customers to spend that kind of money without some kind of worthy compensation. Getting candy and consumables does not justify $50. Make this right Anet. Way too many upset people here for you to just sit back and say “I guess you just aren’t that lucky!”

(edited by Calista Flame.5681)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: renmei.3102

renmei.3102

It really isn’t a good thing when I’m getting flashbacks to playing those grinder Korean MMOs when playing GW2. I remember farming for my Wind IV spirit pet in Aion from the only mobs that drop it for 5 weeks straight, 2-3 hours a day and more on the weekends and got nothing from the RNG Gods until finally one appeared on the AH where I spent 90% of my money to snatch it up. It was worth it for not having to spend another weeks with no guarantee.

I’m getting the same feeling here, the stubbornness is settling in. It has barely been a week yet and I’m not sure if I even want the weapon ticket anymore, I’m starting really resent Anet and GW2. If a new big name non-korean mmo were to launch right now I’d already be gone. If only RIFT’s combat weren’t so terrible..

There should be some limit to RNG, if after the 4000th coffer just throw me a freaking bone.. I’m not too far off..

(edited by renmei.3102)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Ghyer.4172

Ghyer.4172

I’m not saying the current RNG system works fine or not, either way I knew going into what I like to call " The Willy Wonka syndrome " was gonna be more then likely against me. If I didn’t get a ticket I would be bummed out sure. I wouldn’t be cussing out the system that is in place, we all know how loot drops in this game has been an issue since November.
However it was my choice to make to spend 120 gold on 5345 coffers. Now if Anet had these skins for a straight up gem purchase of 600 – 800 gems, plus this system I think it would have been better for the community.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Powazappa.6937

Powazappa.6937

opened about 3000 coffers and finally got a ticket