Opening 1000 regular Dragon Coffers [Merged]

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Renkencen.6127

Renkencen.6127

This is so annoying. I read people getting them in 10- 50 coffers but here I am farming them and getting 0 tickets, heck I even got 5 minipets from them so far!
In saying so I was incredibly lucky with the previous event ticket as I got one in my fifth crates. I guess this is to balance out my unluckyness.
Just to be clear I refuse to buy the rich coffer as I am not that obsess of obtaining the ticket but it would be nice if I get one as my Elementalist need a new staff.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Miku.6297

Miku.6297

Don’t buy the rich ones, the increased chance is really not worth it… Keep in mind the amount of people posting they get a ticket in 10-50 coffers vs the amount of people saying they get one in 2000+… The trend is pretty clear 10-50 coffer players are in the minority, with the average being around the 2k mark.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: black sun empress.7401

black sun empress.7401

yeah rich ones are a waste of $, i bought all regular coffers and dont feel bad, read my post i had to pen 6000 before i got my 1st ticket, and luckily got a second at 7000 mark.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: frostyraziel.1854

frostyraziel.1854

Not only is the RNG system not going away, but Anet are going to make it even more exploitable. If you want proof just compare the gem price of the crates from The Lost Shores and the ones from Last Stand. Keep in mind that the content in those crates is pretty much the same minus the tickets.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Wallace MacBix.2089

Wallace MacBix.2089

Just to throw in my thoughts again. I made a much longer post several pages back, but the key points. As a reminder, I’m not a fan of the rnd boxes, but I understand why Anet does it and it is one of the better alternatives (but I still would appreciate a way a way to get it outside of rnd, like dungeon tokens. heck even dragon ball wins if the afkers could be controlled).

1) Anet is not going to make them available in the gem store, period.They would make no money (most people would just farm the gold and buy the skin, and before you say, well I’d throw them a bone and buy 2 skins, that is inconsequential to the amount of money that they would lose). <insert the other ~3 reasons I’ve been repeating since the start of the event>.

2) If you NEED this skin to have fun, what were you doing for the previous 8 months. Were you not having fun? If they didn’t make any dragon skins, would you not have fun?

Do I want a couple of skins, sure. Have I gotten one yet, nope. Then again I haven’t opened many coffers, and haven’t bothered to keep track. But getting a skin does not dictate how much fun I have in this game.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Empathetic Fighter.2065

Empathetic Fighter.2065

I opened over 2’000 boxes and I got 0 tickets. However I found about 100 of these useless pets. Great, I love it, amazing!!!

Read It Backwards [BooN]

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Joyful.9382

Joyful.9382

So I guess I was originally one of the lucky ones as I opened like 30 coffers and found a ticket. I didn’t much care for the skins at first but once I had the Jade Axe I kinda wanted a second one to match my first one and armor set (Warrior). I have since opened 3,750 coffers and still haven’t found a single ticket (I have the 43 minis to prove it ~.~). I don’t see how this current system is useful as it seems to pretty much limit the number of tickets the average player can get to 1-2 tickets. I understand that some players are luckier than others and have opened 300 coffers or whatever and gotten 5 or so tickets, but as an unlucky player I feel that opening almost 4,000 coffers and not getting a single skin is a bit stupid. The skins aren’t purchaseable in the Trade Post for gems and I have read a few reasons why that is. The skins are also not tradable from player to player nor is there some sort of event currentcy to purchase these skins. For a skin that won’t cause the market to change (minus the sale of coffers) I don’t see why it is so rare and hard to get for most players. It doesn’t require skill and for several it doesn’t even require much gold to obtain so why should I and thousands of others be thrown under the bus? I guess this is just a rant on how unlucky I have been and how I have lost all hope for any future events in guild wars…

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Benjamin.7893

Benjamin.7893

It took me 1000 coffers to get my first 2 skins. Now I’ve arleady spent 1250 coffers in an attemp to get my 3rd and final skin.

Only got enough money to buy another 1000 coffers, hopefully I’ll get it -_-

edit: Luckily got my final skin. So about 2500-3000 coffers for 3 skins, I think I’m 1 of the luckier ones

(edited by Benjamin.7893)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Teevell.1684

Teevell.1684

Just to throw in my thoughts again. I made a much longer post several pages back, but the key points. As a reminder, I’m not a fan of the rnd boxes, but I understand why Anet does it and it is one of the better alternatives (but I still would appreciate a way a way to get it outside of rnd, like dungeon tokens. heck even dragon ball wins if the afkers could be controlled).

1) Anet is not going to make them available in the gem store, period.They would make no money (most people would just farm the gold and buy the skin, and before you say, well I’d throw them a bone and buy 2 skins, that is inconsequential to the amount of money that they would lose). <insert the other ~3 reasons I’ve been repeating since the start of the event>.

2) If you NEED this skin to have fun, what were you doing for the previous 8 months. Were you not having fun? If they didn’t make any dragon skins, would you not have fun?

Do I want a couple of skins, sure. Have I gotten one yet, nope. Then again I haven’t opened many coffers, and haven’t bothered to keep track. But getting a skin does not dictate how much fun I have in this game.

I think the problem isn’t that we need the skin to have fun, but that we wanted to have fun getting the skin. The RNG gamble is not fun at all.

Tarnished Coast

in Dragon Bash

Wallace MacBix.2089

I think the problem isn’t that we need the skin to have fun, but that we wanted to have fun getting the skin. The RNG gamble is not fun at all.

I can understand that sentiment, I’m taking the event for what it is and enjoying as much of it as I can. I do hope in future events that they add other ways to get the rnd chest skins. Though I don’t have a reason why they can’t be sold on the AH other than to keep the lucky/people who can grind forever to turn a profit by turning 10g in coffers into a 50g skin (which is enough of a reason I guess). It was mostly just directed at some people who have said such things. Or people say that they are going to quit the game because they didn’t get a skin. If that’s what they want to do, that’s fine. But these holiday events have all been “extra” for me, so I just enjoy what I want to/can and if I get lucky, I get lucky.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Gulesave.5073

Gulesave.5073

I don’t understand why they can’t slowly increase your odds based on how many hundreds or thousands of coffers you’ve opened without getting a ticket. Once you get your first ticket, the variable would reset and never rise again, leaving you with the rate we have now for all tickets after the first.

That could make it a lot less likely for people to get screwed when they actually put in the resources and effort, while not making tickets common enough to ruin their being special.

So far I’ve opened 5k+, with a lot of gold and time that could have been put to better use. The idea that I could be doing all this work for nothing is sickening.

I just feel…defeated.

I should be writing.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: CorneliusCoffin.3169

CorneliusCoffin.3169

Don’t buy the rich ones, the increased chance is really not worth it… Keep in mind the amount of people posting they get a ticket in 10-50 coffers vs the amount of people saying they get one in 2000+… The trend is pretty clear 10-50 coffer players are in the minority, with the average being around the 2k mark.

You know why that is? Because people who get them in 10-50 tries don’t get all upset about Jade tickets dropping to frequently and take their anger to the interwebs
To be honest there’s just no reason to post in this thread if you’ve got your ticket in a few tries, so the majority of all posts in this thread will naturally come from people with bad RNG luck.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: fritzscorner.8709

fritzscorner.8709

I haven’t opened anywhere near 1000 coffers and I have already gotten 2 tickets and 4 minis.

Im looking for some wings though… I have been killing plenty of mobs all over and yet to have one drop for me. ;/

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Miku.6297

Miku.6297

You know why that is? Because people who get them in 10-50 tries don’t get all upset about Jade tickets dropping to frequently and take their anger to the interwebs
To be honest there’s just no reason to post in this thread if you’ve got your ticket in a few tries, so the majority of all posts in this thread will naturally come from people with bad RNG luck.

Yep either that, or people who are just trying to help others get a look at the statistics, not everyone comes to post they have terrible luck etc, some people are just trying to help. There is plenty of reason to come post if you got your ticket in a few tries. Also the “majority” you speak of is opening a lot of chests, vs the person who gets 1 or 2 tickets quick and sells the rest of their chests… What data do you think is more accurate… hey I opened 50 chests and got 1, vs hey I opened 5000 chests and got 2.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Joyful.9382

Joyful.9382

I demand a formal apology from ArenaNet for letting me open 4,750+ coffers and not find a ticket. I also bought 400 gems worth of Rare coffers to not even get a mini so I’m glad I called it at five of those coffers… I will not be participating in any future events thanks to this joke of a system Random Number Generator (RNG) that they currently use. I have gone from angry to simply laughing at how poorly this system works I mean seriously for a skin that isn’t tradable and takes absolutly zero skill to obtain…and to make it so hard to get..haha good game I guess what a waste of my time.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Antares.2586

Antares.2586

There is definitely a problem about those RNG chests.
I never bought a single one, but I know some people who are digusted by the game because of that.

IMO, RNG chest in loot should coexist with a ticket buyable on the gem store.
Otherwise people feel robbed by the game.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

I have gone from angry to simply laughing at how poorly this system works I mean seriously for a skin that isn’t tradable and takes absolutly zero skill to obtain…and to make it so hard to get..haha good game I guess what a waste of my time.

You will always, without fail, make more money selling tickets than you ever will selling the prize.

ArenaNet is funding this game by selling tickets and it is working. Even you admitted that you bought tickets, so the system is not only working, it is working flawlessly.

Sorry about your bad luck. I also have not gotten any skins or wings, but I’m not buying tickets for them.

Server: Devona’s Rest

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

Just throwing this in here, in the genuine hope that it will help some of you in obtaining a ticket:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/dragonbash/Does-magic-find-help-with-drops-from-coffers/first#post2280015

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Well, I’m now up to around 2800 coffers and 4 tickets. Got really extremely lucky yesterday and got 2 tickets within a few hours, one out of some coffers I was grinding for at the holo projectors in Mt. Maelstrom and another out of what will probably be my last stack of coffers purchased off the TP.

Apparently tickets coming in pairs is my “thing”. I got my first 2 tickets at 750 and 850 coffers opened. Now another 2 gotten in a short time between one another as well, with the first coming at around #2520 and the second coming from the stack of 250 I opened from the TP after that (I don’t know exactly when it came since I just closed my eyes and opened ’em all at once).

Think I should quit while I’m ahead, at least as far as grinding coffers / buying them. With the fact that it took me around 1700 coffers between my last ticket a week ago and the first one I got yesterday which was a really disappointing series of empty stacks, and the fact that I don’t have the time or the money (I already spent almost all the 30g I had prior to Dragon Bash starting) for another “dry” run like that. Not to suggest there’s any actual pattern, just being silly and superstitious. Still, I considered myself pretty lucky to get 2 tickets out of 850 coffers and before yesterday my luck plummeted, so now that I consider myself somewhat lucky again (4 tickets out of 2800 isn’t bad) I really don’t want to get into another long dry spell where I feel like the normally unlucky sod that I usually am.

I’d gladly take a couple more tickets at this point because I really do love the skins, but I’m satisfied enough with 4 I’ve gotten thus far. Already redeemed 3 tickets for the Staff, Torch, and Pistol skins. Probably going to get the Axe with the last ticket, though I haven’t decided for certain and redeemed just yet. Would still like to get the Sword or Scepter and the Longbow, but I’m not going to push my luck any more. And I really don’t want to grind for another 2 weeks or spend any more gold… really not enjoyable in the slightest to grind the same exact thing non-stop and throw all my money away on chance.

Not sure if I should continue to open any coffers I get just on the off chance of getting yet another ticket, or if I should start giving ‘em away to people who don’t have any yet. I do still want more, but that seems kind of greedy to want even more and I’d like to at least attempt to help the those who haven’t been as lucky.

I sincerely hope that other people who are still in the hunt can get their tickets.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Daglers.1398

Daglers.1398

So I spend my every gold on coffers I dont even know how many coffers I bought I stopped count at 2k….so I am totally poor now and NO TICKET HOW IS THIS EVEN POSSIBLE?! I farmed whole days for to get it spend every gold got around well atleast 6k coffesrs for sure and I get absolutely nothing except for thousands food jorbreakers and minis seriously I cant even describe how angry I am

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: MordredXIII.8526

MordredXIII.8526

Well I am thinking that the nerf bat to the coffer drop rate is in full effect with this latest update. Yes, due to the fact that the chances of looting a ticket is absurd (I got one after 3k or so) the past couple days I have been farming hologram projectors to get coffers to try for another ticket for the sword skin. Needless to say with the latest patch and the possibility of Aether Pirates “tampering” with hologram projectors it has lowered the drop rate of coffers. I farmed 28 hologram projectors total, 14 each attempt (logging out for an hour and coming back in for the other 14) in which I would say that at least half of them had pirates spawn instead. Total coffer count: 9, useless gray crap and a few blues, or even no loot at all. This was with MF food and buff from a heroes banner.
Before today’s patch I was averaging about 35-40 an hour in the same spots.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Phoenix.3416

Phoenix.3416

3000 coffers, no tickets. I’ve literally spent all of the gold i’ve made in the last few weeks on coffers and nothing, as a fairly casual player am I allowed to think they are screwing me over?

Thats what 40g+ at least spent on getting 1 ticket and nothing, i would have easily paid 20g in gems for the tickets, RNG puts me off since every time they run one of these events i never get the items.

I wouldn’t have a problem with buying it on the gem store but this is stupid

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: SilverWF.4789

SilverWF.4789

Don’t worry guys, Dragon weapon skins really ugly.
A few days ago bought 500 coffers and got 4 tickets from the first 100 coffers.
Still can’t realise what to buy - dislike all skins...

#SAVEDONBASS from Ukraine!
Seafarer’s Rest (EU): Liicher (Engi), Lii Cher (Warrior), Swf (Elem),
Licharr (Guard), Lich Eir (Ranger), Alt Fh (Thief). Lii Cherr (Mesm), S Wf (Necr)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Still can’t realise what to buy – dislike all skins…

Hilarious how people who hate the skins always get insane luck. I was expecting that to happen to me during Last Stand with the Southsun crates, given that I hated those weapons.

Situations like this really make me wish you could sell the things.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Faowri.4159

Faowri.4159

Hilarious how people who hate the skins always get insane luck. I was expecting that to happen to me during Last Stand with the Southsun crates, given that I hated those weapons.

At least then there would be a finite way of working up to the price and buying one. I’m really frustrated with the quite frankly criminal drop rate for these things. I’ve opened so many, spent much more than my usual casual allotment of weekly hours grinding for the chests, and I have nothing to show for it but candy and fireworks coming out of every orifice.

What a waste of some great skins. As someone who has bought the CE, gems, art books, novels and plushes, the RNG practice of ArenaNet (or NCsoft living vicariously through them) has really soured my opinion of the game of late. Cosmetics are one of my main drives in the game, so I abhor this kind of artificial enforcement of rarity. I’ve never spent real money on what I find to be wasteful or unethical items in the gem store – consumables and RNG chests primarily – and I encourage everyone else who hates the practice not to spend real money on these types of items in the future, but this whole event has put me off buying anything else, RNG or not. I know I’ll just be indirectly supporting more of this crap.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

Just throwing this in here, in the genuine hope that it will help some of you in obtaining a ticket:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/dragonbash/Does-magic-find-help-with-drops-from-coffers/first#post2280015

People need to stop spreading lies. Anet has stated many times magic find doesn’t effect chests.

in Dragon Bash

Teevell.1684

At least then there would be a finite way of working up to the price and buying one. I’m really frustrated with the quite frankly criminal drop rate for these things. I’ve opened so many, spent much more than my usual casual allotment of weekly hours grinding for the chests, and I have nothing to show for it but candy and fireworks coming out of every orifice.

What a waste of some great skins. As someone who has bought the CE, gems, art books, novels and plushes, the RNG practice of ArenaNet (or NCsoft living vicariously through them) has really soured my opinion of the game of late. Cosmetics are one of my main drives in the game, so I abhor this kind of artificial enforcement of rarity. I’ve never spent real money on what I find to be wasteful or unethical items in the gem store – consumables and RNG chests primarily – and I encourage everyone else who hates the practice not to spend real money on these types of items in the future, but this whole event has put me off buying anything else, RNG or not. I know I’ll just be indirectly supporting more of this crap.

After this whole RNG thing, I think they’re going to end up losing money because a lot of us just won’t be buying those chests anymore, and a few of the really frustrated won’t be buying -anything- with real money ever again. If they had just offered the tickets for $10 in the gem store, they probably would have made a lot more money. Yes, some would have bought gems with gold, but there are a lot of people who would have just said “You know what, ten bucks isn’t bad and I don’t feel like grinding the gold to buy the gems, I’ll just buy one now.” Instant gratification is a powerful thing. Ten bucks may not seem like much, but if you have thousands of people buying them, that adds up. I would have spent the ten bucks, but I didn’t plop down money for the RNG chests during this event.

And they really should have made these tickets tradable, would have kept a lot of people from getting so angry, because even if they weren’t lucky, they could still just buy a ticket.

Tarnished Coast

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

After this whole RNG thing, I think they’re going to end up losing money because a lot of us just won’t be buying those chests anymore, and a few of the really frustrated won’t be buying -anything- with real money ever again. If they had just offered the tickets for $10 in the gem store, they probably would have made a lot more money. Yes, some would have bought gems with gold, but there are a lot of people who would have just said “You know what, ten bucks isn’t bad and I don’t feel like grinding the gold to buy the gems, I’ll just buy one now.” Instant gratification is a powerful thing. Ten bucks may not seem like much, but if you have thousands of people buying them, that adds up. I would have spent the ten bucks, but I didn’t plop down money for the RNG chests during this event.

And they really should have made these tickets tradable, would have kept a lot of people from getting so angry, because even if they weren’t lucky, they could still just buy a ticket.

You mean just like after Halloween, Wintersday and Southsun?

People have reacted more or less the same with each of these events, and yet they chests seems to sell quite well every single time anyway.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Dragon Bash

Wallace MacBix.2089

I made a pretty lengthy post maybe a week or two ago about how wrong you are. If Anet thought that selling the skins would make more money, that’s what they would have done. As lordkrall said, they’ve been doing this since Halloween and people keep buying the rnd chests, so it clearly makes them money.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Lisa.6102

Lisa.6102

Opened roughly around 175 normal coffers, and got 2 tickets, 7 mini’s and a metric ton of fireworks, along with some food and a bunch of Zhaitaffy. The system works, and is fine as is, just gotta hope you get lucky.

Just out of curiosity, if you one of the people who have opened 2000 to 3000 coffers and not gotten a ticket, would you still say the system works and is fine as is?

I’m not saying the current RNG system works fine or not, either way I knew going into what I like to call " The Willy Wonka syndrome " was gonna be more then likely against me. If I didn’t get a ticket I would be bummed out sure. I wouldn’t be cussing out the system that is in place, we all know how loot drops in this game has been an issue since November.
However it was my choice to make to spend 120 gold on 5345 coffers. Now if Anet had these skins for a straight up gem purchase of 600 – 800 gems, plus this system I think it would have been better for the community.

You do know those tickets make the chocolate taste terrible, don’t you?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Lisa.6102

Lisa.6102

What amazes me the most here is no reply from Anet/NcSoft. It’ll be interesting to see how this all plays out. Another gaming company is under investigation for pushing players to spend real money and possibly using deceptive practices. I sense new rules and regulations coming in the future for all online games.

Anyways I’m out. Good luck to all of the those that have not gotten a ticket, etc.. /swordsalute

Where is the deception?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: SmoothHussler.6387

SmoothHussler.6387

Bought 250 and got 2 tickets in the first 50 chests.

Total for 2 tickets: in excess of 1400.

Maguuma: Thug Life: [DERP][ME][PYRO] and other assorted dead guilds.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Ordibble.3092

Ordibble.3092

I haven’t opened anywhere near 1000 coffers and I have already gotten 2 tickets and 4 minis.

Im looking for some wings though… I have been killing plenty of mobs all over and yet to have one drop for me. ;/

I have two sets of wings I don’t want but I have no tickets (after opening quite a few coffers) – care to swap one? :/

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

People need to stop spreading lies. Anet has stated many times magic find doesn’t effect chests.

Do I need to link a screenshot of the 12 tickets I received as described in that thread? I’m not saying others lied. I’m saying what my findings were. And that before, I had received zip from thousands of regular coffers as well as 60 rich coffers.

Ps. To be more correct, Anet didn’t state it “many times”, they stated it twice, long before coffers were even developed.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: CrazyDuck.4610

CrazyDuck.4610

Bought 8000 got 6 skins and first 4000 opened I got 0 skins.

YouWish – Guard
DragonBrand – [Agg] Aggression

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

I picked up 4 from 2350 so far. I have some dragon minis for sale, after I burn through the gold from those I’m done.

Having burnt through those, I finished at 4 tickets from 2525.

(edited by Thelgar.7214)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: daros.3407

daros.3407

I do not know exactly how many boxes i opened, but i am spending aroud 3g per day for them since event is up, so count it if you want.
My goal is 2 ticket for my main and one for my alt. I got 2 in first week of event but since that i cant get the last one. I am starting to be sad, if i would keep all that farmed gold i would be rich by now :-D

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: torinbroadshaft.9463

torinbroadshaft.9463

ive opened 1200 got 1 ticket opened 70 i think rare got only candy and the food wth anet is my account cursed? did u guys have rare chest bug i got my minis holo knight all in the wild serious i spend way too much on gems as it is this has just made me reduce it massivley in the future

in Dragon Bash

Teevell.1684

I made a pretty lengthy post maybe a week or two ago about how wrong you are. If Anet thought that selling the skins would make more money, that’s what they would have done. As lordkrall said, they’ve been doing this since Halloween and people keep buying the rnd chests, so it clearly makes them money.

Edit to rephrase and make more sense: I worked in a bank, and I would spend most of my day telling people how to make more money. I showed them percentage rates, calculated interest earned…and they still kept doing the same old thing. Businesses make bad financial decisions all the time, so just because they aren’t doing it doesn’t mean it wouldn’t make more money. There could be lots of other factors going into their RNG decision.

Tarnished Coast

(edited by Teevell.1684)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Because no business ever goes bankrupt from bad financial policies and ideas? Not that I think Anet will, I think they’re certainly making enough money with the RNG to turn a profit. But working in a bank, I’ve seen plenty of businesses who made the wrong choice in how to run things and went under, even when they were getting good advice telling them to do something else.

It’s a pretty solid fact that selling chances will bring in more money than selling products. What’s even better about these tickets from a business standpoint is that there is not a finite number of them, which means that ArenaNet is selling chances for things that cost them nothing (outside the original development costs, which are marginal).

This method is annoying for customers who really want a ticket, but in the long run it is the most financially sound method for ArenaNet to use which is in the best interest of all the players since that means keeping the servers alive.

I sympathize with your anguish, but your misery funds my enjoyment.

Server: Devona’s Rest

in Dragon Bash

Wallace MacBix.2089

Edit to rephrase and make more sense: I worked in a bank, and I would spend most of my day telling people how to make more money. I showed them percentage rates, calculated interest earned…and they still kept doing the same old thing. Businesses make bad financial decisions all the time, so just because they aren’t doing it doesn’t mean it wouldn’t make more money. There could be lots of other factors going into their RNG decision.

Based on someone quoting you above, I assume that you meant that you rephrased your own comment, if you meant me let me know and I’ll try to be more clear.

I am not an economist, heck never even bothered taking an econ course, but I do understand math. I want to use your own argument against you here. You say that companies make bad decisions all the time, well so do people. Within 4 hours of this event starting there were some half a dozen posts of people saying “I spent over $50,$75,$100+ to get this skin and I didn’t get anything!” And those posts were around since Halloween for every holiday event, people still see something that they “must” have (for whatever reason: rarity, ascetics, it’s the new thing, etc.)

To summarize the things I said before. If they sold the tickets in the gem store directly.

1) If they were priced at some “reasonable amount” say 800 gems.
A bunch of people who wanted them would just use gold to gems to get them for free. Sure some would say “let me throw Anet a bone and spend money” but you can’t say that most people would spend money when they can get the same thing for free. (and once you hit lvl 80, which isn’t a hard task in this game, you can find some way to make money quickly if that’s your thing).
This in general helps out only grinders and those with spare money to throw around, also even if there are people who have said “if they were in the store I’d buy 5” I would assume that they are far outweighed by the people who spend $50+ or even those that say, “eh, lets give it a shot” and give up after one purchase.

2) If they were priced at some outrageous price ($50-$100) [in an attempt to keep people from spending gold to gems and to try to keep profits up for them]
People would cry foul that they’re just too expensive and Anet just wants to bleed everyone dry.

3) How is this any different than, say putting it on a very rare drop from a very hard boss? You would be putting effort into getting it (just as you put effort into killing mobs for chests or to farm gold to buy chests) only now you’d have less chance and Anet would make no money.

The rnd boxes give “all” players an “equal” chance to get it. Sure the people who have more time to play/more money to throw at it are always going to have a bigger advantage, but I can’t see anyway around that besides just giving 1 to everyone. And for the people who said that, we did get 4 “free” items for dragon bash already (1 if you couldn’t make the fireworks show, 5 if you include the holo wings which are dropping in price every day on the AH).

I’m still hoping that I’ll get a ticket, but if I don’t it isn’t the end of the world.

Businesses make bad financial decisions all the time, so just because they aren’t doing it doesn’t mean it wouldn’t make more money. There could be lots of other factors going into their RNG decision.

In the same sense, people should make an informed decision before they drop any money on a digital item. It isn’t Anet’s job to hand hold their consumers, just as it isn’t your job to make companies listen to your advice. But can you elaborate more on what the other factors for the rnd boxes could be? I can only think of one: anet wants to make them exclusive, and I doubt that is a reason (or at least the sole reason).

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Bacon.7035

Bacon.7035

2000+ regular dragon coffers opened = 1 ticket, 0 wings, 38 minipets.

Bacön

Seafarer’s Rest

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Ruruuiye.8912

Ruruuiye.8912

All that really proves is that they don’t intend magic find to affect chests in general and possibly dragon coffers in particular. ;p

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Geotherma.2395

Geotherma.2395

I think the shield is epic looking, thats just me though. Too bad my charr is already outfitted with brahms stuff, it wouldn’t fit his style.

Intel i7 3.9ghz processor 16GB Ram 2TB HDD
Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF
http://everyonesgrudge.enjin.com/home MY GW2 Music http://tinyurl.com/cm4o6tu

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: CelebrityX.7014

CelebrityX.7014

Congrats to all those that have gotten tickets in under 4K. I’m up to a little over 6000 regular coffers with no tickets yet. But I’ve got a small army of minis that could take over Tyria.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Feed Me Change.6528

Feed Me Change.6528

3rd chest after transferring servers, ticket…

TRANSFER SERVERS!!!!

NSP>ET>SoS>BG>ET>SoS>JQ>SoS>Mag>JQ
My fun laughs at your server pride.

in Dragon Bash

Wallace MacBix.2089

2000+ regular dragon coffers opened = 1 ticket, 0 wings, 38 minipets.

The holo wings don’t drop from the coffers. They come from random mobs in one of those chests on the ground that indicates that you have a rare.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Sorin.4310

Sorin.4310

My guild member is at ~5000-6000 boxes and 9 tickets.
I’m around the same at 2.

Arenanet: Designing fun ways to get weapon skins since 2014.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: AkiraZero.8514

AkiraZero.8514

I can finally stop opening them now, I think from 8-9k Normal Coffers I managed to get enough tickets to buy each unique weapon a warrior can use.
Sword
Axe
Mace
Hammer
Shield
Greatsword
Longbow
Rifle
Warhorn

Just a shame there wasn’t underwater wep skins too, would have liked to have had a full set for my warrior!

While I know RNG can be super horrible at best, I feel like I’ve gotten my monies worth out of these coffers, I certainly couldn’t have gotten 9 unique weapons of a set off of the TP for 100g!

Akira Antares/Necrosymphonic/Valiant Echo [AVA] [ZERO]
Gandara

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Ruruuiye.8912

Ruruuiye.8912

I’m somewhere over 3000 chests. Still nothing. Not even all that many minis.