Revert the Holo's

Revert the Holo's

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

IDK why you’d change them. Now you took a grind and made it a “Pause, Wait, & Grind” Just because people were overzealous on day one, doesn’t mean daddy has to come lord over it.

I was having a lot of fun last night setting a bomb, trigger the holo, and watching them blow up! It wouldn’t kill them outright but, it truly was a blast! Just enough damage to tag too.

This is something we needed to work out on our own. Besides, being a low level alt, they aren’t THAT easy to solo. No one’s going to be doing them after they get the achievement. As a developer, Anet should realize how OCD their gamers are by now

Thus, please revert them back as it was more fun!

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Revert the Holo's

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: fuji.6283

fuji.6283

I actually don’t mind the wait. I think it does more good than bad. I’m not sure though but it feels like they’re harder to kill now, especially solo. That’s what’s bothering me now.

Revert the Holo's

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Entropy.4732

Entropy.4732

Oh dear lord, what did they do now? Haven’t been in today. Can you describe the change?

Styx Hemlock – Sylvari Mesmer – TFG – NSP

Revert the Holo's

in Dragon Bash

DeWolfe.2174

They gave them 3 seconds of invulnerability. Also buffed them with Berserk and Determined. They also seem to be faster and wander off in those 3 seconds.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Revert the Holo's

in Dragon Bash

DeWolfe.2174

Oh, for anyone wanting to blow them up, I’m not on my Engi doing it. I’m on lvl 10-11 alt’s using these http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bandit%27s_Improvised_Bomb

It really had me cracking up last night. I was getting really bored with them

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Revert the Holo's

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Didn’t really change anything except make a berserker guardian the preferred class to solo these. I just tested it and guardian is now the fastest due to their pull attack.

Revert the Holo's

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Entropy.4732

Entropy.4732

It’s totally fine. Just tested it. They still go down easy but the slightly longer fight allowed for another player to take part and get rewards. I like this change. Having said that I am a level 80 in full exotic gear.

Styx Hemlock – Sylvari Mesmer – TFG – NSP

Revert the Holo's

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

Didn’t really change anything except make a berserker guardian the preferred class to solo these. I just tested it and guardian is now the fastest due to their pull attack.

Every time people say that god kills a kitten.

(AoE pulls arn’t unique to guardian, mesmer’s can do it too using focus 4, and can create a much larger opening burst, frequently sufficient to kill the entire group in a single blast)

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

Revert the Holo's

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

Can low levels actually solo them now?

Revert the Holo's

in Dragon Bash

DeWolfe.2174

Yes, it’s not that much of a challenge. It depends if you over extent on the zone you’re on. It just takes longer and chasing the buggers around because they’ll chase down and PvE critters in the area.

Nuking them in a couple of seconds (as a group) was fun!

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Revert the Holo's

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

(AoE pulls arn’t unique to guardian, mesmer’s can do it too using focus 4, and can create a much larger opening burst, frequently sufficient to kill the entire group in a single blast)

Guardian pull them to him. Mesmer pulls them towards a direction. Guardian kills faster than a mesmer. The burst is not enough to kill them outright anymore.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

Revert the Holo's

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Qadr.5217

Qadr.5217

Yes please revert. Holos turned from something that was tedious and sometimes fun to something that is now annoying and tedious. Not to mention it is now really difficult to solo them in high level zones.

Revert the Holo's

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Haven’t tested them after the patch. Will wait to see what they’re like now before giving my verdict.

Revert the Holo's

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Illysharia.7286

Illysharia.7286

IDK why you’d change them. Now you took a grind and made it a “Pause, Wait, & Grind” Just because people were overzealous on day one, doesn’t mean daddy has to come lord over it.

I was having a lot of fun last night setting a bomb, trigger the holo, and watching them blow up! It wouldn’t kill them outright but, it truly was a blast! Just enough damage to tag too.

This is something we needed to work out on our own. Besides, being a low level alt, they aren’t THAT easy to solo. No one’s going to be doing them after they get the achievement. As a developer, Anet should realize how OCD their gamers are by now

Thus, please revert them back as it was more fun!

The delay and health increase was added to allow people to run to the spawn in time and tag the mobs. Its not a game changing increase. It was put in to allow more people to participate by giving more time to the Holo encounter.

I actually like this change. I was farming them last night for 2 hours (nicely, with courtesy given to stragglers) and it was a common comment in chat, or from the later arrivers, that they were very short lived. And, they were. As a necro, I could arrive first and trigger/kill the encounter in seconds if I wanted.

All this change did was add a delay so others could catch up. Nothing more, nothing less. I think it was fairly done in a non-impacting way.

Revert the Holo's

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: DaisyRogers.6837

DaisyRogers.6837

I like it, my necro was nuking them down before they even stepped off the pad.

Now I mass AoE nuke them after the 2 secs it takes them to wander.

I like the change as well to the HP, it means I have a few extra secs to join the fray and get my mass tag on.

Revert the Holo's

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Wolfield.9812

Wolfield.9812

Was great fun, got a few guildies together and headed out as a team, if we saw someone in the distance we waited and all got it, by the end of our 30mins farm we had about 8 players (4 guidies) and they were just going down to quick, so we changed to 1 of the EVERY other map, was awesome. Great change, well implemented and still soloable.

Revert the Holo's

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Donaga.3980

Donaga.3980

I was farming last night with a nice tempo. It was a grind yes, but the high pace kept it interesting and fun. Now with this patch, it’s literally become a boring chore. REVERT THE HOLO’S – I totally approve.

Revert the Holo's

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: BlackLotus.8349

BlackLotus.8349

I really hate the invulnerability aspect of the change because I can’t damage them at all until they are all spread out now. I could care less about them having more hp or being harder, I just want to hit them all with 100blades (when I’m farming solo).

Revert the Holo's

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

As i expected. The problem was not the health of the mobs (personal experience when soloing them on my non-zerker engineer), but the continued ANet ignorance of how slanted PVE is towards DPS.

Bumping the health of the holograms just made zerker a must have.

Revert the Holo's

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: wasted.6817

wasted.6817

Make a fool to pray to God… To all the whiners who couldn’t go to another zone to farm them or guest to a less populated server — enjoy spending 2x more time now, when soloing these. Idiot’s dream came true.

Revert the Holo's

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: DeShadowWolf.6854

DeShadowWolf.6854

I really hate the invulnerability aspect of the change because I can’t damage them at all until they are all spread out now. I could care less about them having more hp or being harder, I just want to hit them all with 100blades (when I’m farming solo).

As a very AoE ele, I totally agree.

Revert the Holo's

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

The change is a good one. I don’t believe for a second that it was intended for players to 1-hit kill 4-5 foes (solo!) the second they come up. Theh they could just as well have made them pinatas to whack.

5 holograms should be the same difficulty as five skelk in the same zone, or 5 bandits, or even deer (if not slightly more of a challenge, imho) but they simply weren’t.

(edited by Pixelpumpkin.4608)

Revert the Holo's

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

As i expected. The problem was not the health of the mobs (personal experience when soloing them on my non-zerker engineer), but the continued ANet ignorance of how slanted PVE is towards DPS.

Bumping the health of the holograms just made zerker a must have.

Must have? I’ve been killing them in full magic find gear and 10/10/20/30/0 traits. Sure they are slightly more challenging now but before the change with the same setup they were dying within about 3 attacks.

Revert the Holo's

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Puppet.8531

Puppet.8531

Between the increased health, the invuln and the apparent reduced drop rates I’m getting a bit under half the chests/hour I was the first day … no competition for nodes today either. 50 coffers per hour, 1/3000 chance for a skin \o/

Revert the Holo's

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Raire.7983

Raire.7983

I’m not a fan of invulnerability, but overall I like the change. It amazes me that people defend how it was – aren’t we usually against the game being too easy? Was it suddenly OK to instagib mobs, if it meant you could kitten over the guy 2 seconds behind you?

Sure you could head off to quiet maps (which I did and made 12 gold selling coffers on the first day), but that doesn’t make a broken event acceptable.

Revert the Holo's

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Zodian.6597

Zodian.6597

well, gg d/d ele

Neglekt

Revert the Holo's

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: CoffeeMakesMeSmile.8172

CoffeeMakesMeSmile.8172

I like the change! It gives people an extra window to get over to the holograms and get some hits in. Besides, it only adds a few extra seconds to the amount of time you need to kill them.

It might not be true for everyone, but overall I’ve been able to kill more holograms in less time since the update.

Revert the Holo's

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Lane.3410

Lane.3410

I have more issue with them hitting like trucks now. Maybe as a level 80 in exotics+ it’s not terrible, but as a low level alt in a level 15-25 zone I was having a difficult time soloing them. The zone I was in wasn’t being farmed at all either, so every hologram I came to there was no one else around to help.

Revert the Holo's

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

This is a good change. It makes it more difficult for someone who’s a bit faster to clean the nodes before others can even get a single hit in. I recommended doubling their health, not sure what the actual increase was, but it’s about right now. The invulnerability is a nice touch, it lets the melee types have a chance compared to the AoE ground target crowd.

#TeamJadeQuarry

Revert the Holo's

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Greeeeat…I was enjoying doing the holos on my alt. Getting some XP, exploring, etc. I haven’t tested the holo “upgrades” yet but it sounds like I’ll need to use my main if I want to solo em. As it was, it took some time to kill all 4 with my mesmer solo. Either that or I’m going to have to head back to an area that’s being farmed and join the holo-zerg.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Revert the Holo's

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

I agree with OP. I want the holos reverted. If you have to keep the changes only make it so they change the very first zones (possibly the second level set of zones).
Before changes is was kinda fun to farm them in Harathi Hinterlands, kill the holos, then kill some centaurs/do a couple events, then go chase after the holos again. Now its just become a pain. It takes soooo much more time now.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Revert the Holo's

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

the worst thing about this is that they spread out in the 3 seconds of invulnerability so you cant even use aoe…. you have to kill every one separate -.-

and actually the change has abokittenly no use:

In high level areas it was no real problem for others to get a hit too if they were close
now it is just hard and the invulnerability makes aoe useless to some part…

In low level areas they are still dying 1-2 hits and nothign changed!!!!!!
and it was only a problem in low level areas where so many people where
in high level areas you only met 1-2 others and most times noone else
(at least i didnt)

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

Revert the Holo's

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Ping.5739

Ping.5739

I had so much fun doing this pre-patch on my lvl 50 guardian.

After patch… I can barely solo it… I’ve noticed not only they have greater amount of health also deal higher damage…

Revert if possible.

This useless bar doesn’t make you awesome. However, stuff above does.

Revert the Holo's

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Sardonia.8196

Sardonia.8196

Not sure what the complaints are about. I had no issues really yesterday after the change with 3 characters that I used. It takes a tad longer to kill them, but not much. As a ele I could finsih them off in less than 10 seconds. Not too kittence you learn what there attacks are and when to get away.
I like it that it takes a little longer now since you can almost go from node to node now and not have to wait forever like before.
To each their own I guess

Revert the Holo's

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Savoy.6824

Savoy.6824

Make them come out in waves. Take away the invulnerability and the extra hp and have them come out in three waves. That would be a much better solution

And we should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once – Nietzsche

Revert the Holo's

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Halcyon.7352

Halcyon.7352

I still feel as though they need a further boost in health. Even ones in high level areas die incredibly quickly to 2-3 people in MF gear

Invuln was a great change, imo. Don’t be stupid and waste all your cooldowns during…

Greeeeat…I was enjoying doing the holos on my alt. Getting some XP, exploring, etc. I haven’t tested the holo “upgrades” yet but it sounds like I’ll need to use my main if I want to solo em. As it was, it took some time to kill all 4 with my mesmer solo. Either that or I’m going to have to head back to an area that’s being farmed and join the holo-zerg.

Not unless you’re really, really bad.

I had a level 62 friend in 70 areas of Maelstrom still soloing holos, cause the rest of us were a little slow in getting to him.

Tarnished Coast Engineer and… general alt-o-holic.

For the toast!

Revert the Holo's

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: rizzo.1079

rizzo.1079

I’m soloing the ones in Wayfarer with my lv 20 warrior in lv 10 gear without much of a problem, but the invuln is annoying and why do they sometimes wander off and fight Dolyaks like 1000 feet away instead of attacking PC’s? It’s weird…

Revert the Holo's

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: EndlessDreamer.6780

EndlessDreamer.6780

So pretty much the people who are complaining were the ones who were immediately AOEing them to death the instant they appeared and making it so that anyone else who wanted to do it couldn’t.

I don’t particularly see the issue here. Thanks ANet for a small window of opportunity for those of us who don’t play those classes.

Revert the Holo's

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: rizzo.1079

rizzo.1079

Yeah I felt bad after I did that the first time on my necro, started just throwing down 2 staff skills to tag them but not full out blasting them so others could get hits in too.

Revert the Holo's

in Dragon Bash

EndlessDreamer.6780

Same. I tend to smack them with my ranger axe and then press esc to stop auto-attack and r to stop my pet so that other people can have a chance while I play kite the mobs. I tend to have more fun that way anyway.

Revert the Holo's

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: bravoart.5308

bravoart.5308

So pretty much the people who are complaining were the ones who were immediately AOEing them to death the instant they appeared and making it so that anyone else who wanted to do it couldn’t.

I don’t particularly see the issue here. Thanks ANet for a small window of opportunity for those of us who don’t play those classes.

The people complaining are the classes that don’t have 600 radius aoes available every 30 seconds who have to:

1. Trigger the hologram
2. get knocked back (can skip with stability)
3. watch mobs wander off invincible for 3 seconds
4. get hit by the alpha strike from all of these invincible mobs after 2 seconds (they’re still invincible!)
5. go killing each mob one by one unless you have a pull while getting nuked from the other mobs
6. repeat ad nausaeum

People complained selfishly instead of just chilling out and waiting a week until people will be walking past the holograms going “Oh, those are still in game?”, now everyone has to suffer. Great job everyone! >:C

Finally I recalled the stopgap solution of a great princess who was told that the
peasants had no bread and who responded: “Let them eat brioche.”

Revert the Holo's

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: DaisyRogers.6837

DaisyRogers.6837

I honestly don’t know why people are complaining about them spreading out first. Since they are almost all melee they gather themselves back together right quick. If you spot a ranged holo, park yourself by it and the rest will come to you.

You don’t need the Guardians pull, because they are dumb AI they pull themselves.

Revert the Holo's

in Dragon Bash

EndlessDreamer.6780

The people complaining are the classes that don’t have 600 radius aoes available every 30 seconds who have to:

1. Trigger the hologram
2. get knocked back (can skip with stability)
3. watch mobs wander off invincible for 3 seconds
4. get hit by the alpha strike from all of these invincible mobs after 2 seconds (they’re still invincible!)
5. go killing each mob one by one unless you have a pull while getting nuked from the other mobs
6. repeat ad nausaeum

People complained selfishly instead of just chilling out and waiting a week until people will be walking past the holograms going “Oh, those are still in game?”, now everyone has to suffer. Great job everyone! >:C

Just dodge the initial attacks then rush in. You’re pretty much saying that you don’t like having to kill them one by one. Well, then tag one, run to the next, tag that one, run to the next. They do follow once you get their aggro. Yes it adds a little bit of time to it, but I feel like it does less damage than it prevented since while you’re doing all that, other people will be able to tag the holographic mobs as well.

Revert the Holo's

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Esprit Dumort.3109

Esprit Dumort.3109

I’m glad for the change.

And, people still rush in ’zerking and not letting others tag.

It still takes less than 2 hours to accomplish, so quit complaining.

Jessamine [SNOW]
Gandara

Revert the Holo's

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: GSSBlunaspike.4153

GSSBlunaspike.4153

For me they go down almost as soon as they aren’t invulnerable. Even using my third guardian (only level 33, other 2 are 80 in exotic) it’s about 2 seconds. 5542 gs and then I’m off to the next holo.

Revert the Holo's

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

I prefer the way they are now. The way they were before several times I was running towards one right in front of me, see it being activated and dying before I could even get a shot in, and activating one myself (usually after waiting a little to see if anyone was around) I could kill them using the guardian’s GW swirly attack even before they attacked once.

Now I can still solo them, though I have to be more careful, see which ones it spawned so I know what will they attack with and actually dodge when fighting them, even in high level areas (my guardian was soloing them in frostgorge sound last night, for example) and if someone else activated them, it gave me time to actually get there and hit them before dying.

And while they are much harder, at least my level 23 warrior in a level 25 area (NE corner of brisban wildlands) had no trouble soling them last night either. I did die once in one of the projectors before killing the 4th mob, but a quick run from a nearby waypoint and I killed it right away and looted all 4.

Personally I think they hit the sweet spot, they’re harder than regular mobs so you don’t rush in blindly, just barely easy enough to be soloable yet hard enough to encourage groups (and to give time for someone to arrive after activating), and not as frustrating as the christmas ones when you got princesses.

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

(edited by locoman.1974)

Revert the Holo's

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: GSSBlunaspike.4153

GSSBlunaspike.4153

I prefer the way they are now. The way they were before several times I was running towards one right in front of me, see it being activated and dying before I could even get a shot in, and activating one myself (usually after waiting a little to see if anyone was around) I could kill them using the guardian’s GW swirly attack even before they attacked once.

Now I can still solo them, though I have to be more careful, see which ones it spawned so I know what will they attack with and actually dodge when fighting them, even in high level areas (my guardian was soloing them in frostgorge sound last night, for example) and if someone else activated them, it gave me time to actually get there and hit them before dying.

And while they are much harder, at least my level 23 warrior in a level 25 area (NE corner of brisban wildlands) had no trouble soling them last night either. I did die once in one of the projectors before killing the 4th mob, but a quick run from a nearby waypoint and I killed it right away and looted all 4.

Personally I think they hit the sweet spot, they’re harder than regular mobs so you don’t rush in blindly, just barely easy enough to be soloable yet hard enough to encourage groups (and to give time for someone to arrive after activating), and not as frustrating as the christmas ones when you got princesses.

Are you traited as full support on your guardian?

Revert the Holo's

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

It’s totally fine. Just tested it. They still go down easy but the slightly longer fight allowed for another player to take part and get rewards. I like this change. Having said that I am a level 80 in full exotic gear.

No they don’t. Each one takes almost as long as a Veteran does. Infact I spawned them in the middle of a Jotun camp last night complete with a Jotun Veteran and they cleared the entire camp on their own. Meanwhile I can kill 6 or 7 Risen around levels ~70-80 in the time it takes to kill 2 Holos that spawn in the ~40 range. …funny enough too… I get a lot more Coffers killing regular level 70+ dragon minions/risen too and there’s an endless supply of those in most zones.

It really makes me wonder why I still see ANYONE standing around camping these Holos. If they’re just doing it for the Achievement like I still need, then it’s usually faster to run around the world finding ones that spawn near other mobs that you can get to “pitch in” on the DPS (while you walk away for a minute to mine the nearest Nodes) and then just finish everything off anyway with an AOE.

Revert the Holo's

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Zeivu.3615

Zeivu.3615

These changes don’t really make the fight too much harder. It just allows players in nearby areas to respond in time and at least get credit for one. (Since not all users have the decency to wait any measure of time for you). Since the change, it’s easier to get all 300 in a few hours.

Revert the Holo's

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

No. They must not be reverted. They must be changed further.

They should take way longer to reload, and spawn several waves of enemies for much longer, and more enemies on each wave, based on ho many players are around, and there should be a veteran in the last wave.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!