While waiting for the fireworks...

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: bravoart.5308

bravoart.5308

Thank goodness Animal Crossing came out so I have something to do in this game while I’m waiting around to play the game…

Finally I recalled the stopgap solution of a great princess who was told that the
peasants had no bread and who responded: “Let them eat brioche.”

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: carlvinmadarang.4130

carlvinmadarang.4130

I would like to know too. I was going to go run around the block or something while waiting.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Tim.9850

Tim.9850

I don’t know either, but its sure is BORING standing around. Its like they don’t want you to have any fun in the game. They nerf everything that is fun.

There is no reason they can’t announce the times when the fireworks are on.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

I don’t know either, but its sure is BORING standing around. Its like they don’t want you to have any fun in the game. They nerf everything that is fun.

There is no reason they can’t announce the times when the fireworks are on.

I think part of it is that it is suppose to be a festival of sorts. The idea is for people to gather and have it somewhat social. It is a good place to meet and talk to other players. I know that isn’t for everyone but there is a large player base that enjoy’s RP since technically this is a role playing game.

I had a decent time waiting for the event. People were talking and joking in /say. People were using those fun boxes. There was all sorts of RP going on and a lot of new players that had questions and I gave away a lot of bags, coin, dragon coffers via mail just to celebrate. For me it was kind of interesting to stroll about the crowd and look at other’s gear and color choices. For many there is more to the game than the basic PvE, PvP, WvW and farming.

So I don’t know if I would go as far as to say Anet is trying to take away the fun in the game. A lot of the fun is what you make of it. Everyone has a different idea of fun and so they try to include enough for everyone.

Happy Dragon Bash!

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Lysander Freeman.4186

Lysander Freeman.4186

Takes the “fun” out of the game when you’re told an event would happen at a certain time and it doesn’t. Takes “fun” out of the game when you can’t be glued to the PC when you have other things you need to do in real life.

It’s easy to do a lot of stuff in real life and be a gamer, but not when there are scheduled events you have to be logged in for to attend and get achievements in, and then the events don’t happen.

Oh, and you can’t leave LA for fear of going into overflow where time runs differently…

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

I took some time looking for pinatas, getting LA map completion with my alt and doing some crafting and bank tab reorganisation.

Many people seem to sit around in LA and /map chat for hours on end anyway. I don’t see the problem.

Fireworks in bright daylight would have been silly anyway.