Who is E?

Who is E?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: CorneliusCoffin.3169

CorneliusCoffin.3169

True, but that’s why it would say “you may know me” instead of “you know me.” Since the player may or may not know her, depending on personal story, it fits.

But that’s silly. Either the player and her know each other really well, in which case “you may know me” doesn’t apply at all.

Sincere question: Is that so?
I haven’t played the Order of Whsipers storyline yet, but my girlfriend has and from what I remember of it, you only meet Demmi briefly, as in you rescue her from pirates, then protect her from her father’s henchmen in two or three missions and then leave her under the protection of the Order. Does she ever re-appear after that?
Also, she might have different reasons to not let you know that she’s behind these letters. Since she’s not a high ranked member of the Order of Whispers yet, she has probably just heared about the attacks through the grapevine and isn’t officially authorized to contact somebody and ask for help. If we knew it was her asking for help, she’d have to fear that we show up at the Chantry of Whispers and she’d be exposed.

Who is E?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Minos.3450

Minos.3450

So, here’s how I think the whole story pans out (and if any of this is right, I’m going to play the lottery this week.):

The cuplrit behind the Dragon Bash attacks is Minister Caudecus.
Caudecus has hired the aetherblades (a secret society of assasins) for the attack on Dragon Bash, however the overall attacks were a diversion, the prime target was the Captain’s Council’s charr representative Theo Ashford, who was sucessfully killed by the aetherblade Mai Trin. Im not quite sure what the cultural representative’s role in all this is yet (since most of them seem to have been set up to look like they’re behind this) but I imagine that the grand scheme is to forge evidence to somehow make it look as if Queen Jennah was behind the attacks, which would certainly mean and end to the peace treaty between the humans and the charr and enable Caudecus to get another shot at Jennah’s throne.
Now, Logan Thackeray has somehow got wind of all this. He might not know all of the details but he definitely suspects Caudecus to be the mastermind behind the scheme, which is why he can’t turn to the ministry for help and and asks Marjory Delaqua. Delaqua willingly accepts Thackerey’s money, but she does not tell him that she’s been contacted before by somebody else to investigate in the very same case, the mysterious E, or as we would call her Lady Kasmeer Meade.
Lady Kasmeer has heared whispers in her social circle about an upcoming attempt to usurp Queen Jennah’s throne. She contracts her old associate Marjory Delaqua to make use of her ties to the ministry. After all, Delaqua is a former ministry guard turned rogue (—> cf Marjory’s Story: The Last Straw part 1). When the attacks at the Dragon Bash festival happen, Delaqua and Kasmeer immediately suspect that they have something to do with the scheme, however, since Lion’s Arch is lionguard territoroy they have no authorization to sneak around and investigate. They also do not want to ask the liongaurd for permission, because after all they – or at least parts of them – might be involved in the scheme to dethrone Queen Jennah. At this point Lady Kasmeer remembers the hero, who has helped to manage the crisis at Southsun Cove, and who seems to have close enought ties to the lionguard to work for them without actually being a lionguard member. Assuming her secret identity of E, she writes a letter to said hero…and this is essentialy where our story begins.

Again, all of this is pure speculation and I’d be surprised if any of this was true.
What do you think?

Nice theory, while I’m inclined to agree with you about the Marjory/Kasmeer part, I don’t think caudecus is implied in this. Besides, Theo Ashsford isn’t the charr representative but a human captain (he’s even a family friend of Logan).

Maybe the real target of this attack was , in fact, the player and the captain council is just collateral damage. It would be a nice introduction to our nemesis.

Who is E?

in Dragon Bash

CorneliusCoffin.3169

Nice theory, while I’m inclined to agree with you about the Marjory/Kasmeer part, I don’t think caudecus is implied in this. Besides, Theo Ashsford isn’t the charr representative but a human captain (he’s even a family friend of Logan).

Maybe the real target of this attack was , in fact, the player and the captain council is just collateral damage. It would be a nice introduction to our nemesis.

Oh, yeah you’re right about Ashford. For some reason up until now I didn’t even realise we had two dead people. I always thought that Ashford and the Charr were one and the same murder we’re investigating. Then again, the letter we received stated that Captain Ashford has “succumbed to his wounds”, so he wasn’t actually killed and might have been colatteral damage, which unfortuantely (for Caudecus) has caused Logan to get involved in the story,
On the other hand, however, Logan does say quite decidedly: “There’s been a murder. Lion’s Arch councilor Theo Ashford is dead”.

This is all so confusing.

Who is E?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Olvendred.3027

Olvendred.3027

Oh, yeah you’re right about Ashford. For some reason up until now I didn’t even realise we had two dead people. I always thought that Ashford and the Charr were one and the same murder we’re investigating. Then again, the letter we received stated that Captain Ashford has “succumbed to his wounds”, so he wasn’t actually killed and might have been colatteral damage, which unfortuantely (for Caudecus) has caused Logan to get involved in the story,
On the other hand, however, Logan does say quite decidedly: “There’s been a murder. Lion’s Arch councilor Theo Ashford is dead”.

This is all so confusing.

Don’t get too involved in semantics. Even if they didn’t intend to kill Ashford (feel free to place emphasis either on ‘kill’ or ‘Ashford’), it would still count as murder in any real world jurisdiction. Certainly succumbing to his wounds at a later time doesn’t make it any less a murder.

You do have a point that if Ashford wasn’t supposed to die, Logan’s involvement might be an unfortunate turn of events for whoever did it… on the other hand, nothing so far would have happened differently if Logan weren’t involved.

Who is E?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

I haven’t played the Order of Whispers storyline yet, but my girlfriend has and from what I remember of it, you only meet Demmi briefly, as in you rescue her from pirates, then protect her from her father’s henchmen in two or three missions and then leave her under the protection of the Order. Does she ever re-appear after that?

I think she appears at the victory celebration as well. But you spend enough time with her for the two of you to be very familiar with each other.

If you are asked to rescue Demmi and protect her, and then take her to a secret order… how can she still be unsure whether you may or may not know her? You saved her life and brought her into hiding! You are probably one of the few people on the planet that does know her and where she is hiding.

Also, she might have different reasons to not let you know that she’s behind these letters. Since she’s not a high ranked member of the Order of Whispers yet, she has probably just heard about the attacks through the grapevine and isn’t officially authorized to contact somebody and ask for help. If we knew it was her asking for help, she’d have to fear that we show up at the Chantry of Whispers and she’d be exposed.

Is Demmi a part of the order of whispers at all? I don’t really understand why Demmi would know about the attacks, since as far as I know she isn’t officially a member of the order. So why would anyone tell her about the attack? And why would she care?

To me it seems more likely that this mysterious E is someone who has an actual interest in the Dragon Bash festival, the aetherblades, or the cultural representatives. Someone who has some investment in these matters.

So it could be Commodore Lawson Marriner, who is the commodore of Lion’s Arch. The commodore is higher in power than the Captain’s Council. And he would consider this a direct attack on the city of Lion’s Arch. Although the letter E still doesn’t make any sense in that regard. Unless it stands for a middle name.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

Who is E?

in Dragon Bash

Olvendred.3027

I haven’t played the Order of Whispers storyline yet, but my girlfriend has and from what I remember of it, you only meet Demmi briefly, as in you rescue her from pirates, then protect her from her father’s henchmen in two or three missions and then leave her under the protection of the Order. Does she ever re-appear after that?

I think she appears at the victory celebration as well. But you spend enough time with her for the two of you to be very familiar with each other.

If you are asked to rescue Demmi and protect her, and then take her to a secret order… how can she still be unsure whether you may or may not know her? You saved her life and brought her into hiding! You are probably one of the few people on the planet that does know her and where she is hiding.

If it is someone in certain personal storylines, I imagine they just said ‘may’ so they could just send one message to everyone, rather than going to the bother of making sure to send one message to those who did do that story, and a slightly different message to everyone else.

That said, I don’t think it’s Demmi Beetlestone, for the simple reason that Anet has been trying to make sure, so far, that the timing of the personal story and of the living story don’t conflict. Ie. if someone has not got as far as the Demmi missions in personal story (or worse, they’re partway through them), it’s going to destroy their sense of the story for her to have suddenly ‘already been a member of the OoW for ages’.

This objection doesn’t apply to Logan, cause he’s just going around being Seraph Captain. Same with Countess Anise, btw.

Who is E?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

It’s Demmi.

Quote the first letter: "I’ve heard whispers about a threat to the Ship’s Council and, if left unchecked, to the city itself. I’d intervene myself, but circumstances prevent it. "

Whispers? Clearly an Order of Whispers reference.

Circumstances prevent her intervention? Demmi is in hiding and can’t show her face during a festival.

And why the “E”? This is a bit tenuous. In music, “E” corresponds with “mi” in standard fixed-c solmization (do-re-mi scale). “Mi” as in Demmi.

The evasive opening line of the first letter, and the mistaken gender (Mr. E) are just measures to ensure her anonymity.

Who is E?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Kootje.9271

Kootje.9271

Maybe baron Edmonds?

Proud member of Dutch-Finest Guild on Far Shiverpeaks.

If it ain’t dutch,… :P

Who is E?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

Also, I find it very weird that Logan does not trust the Lionguard.

Considering what happens in the Human Personal story with the Bandits and the Seraph I’m guessing he’s just hedging bets.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

Who is E?

in Dragon Bash

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

The entirety of Lion’s Arch is also governed by a bunch of pirates. So I can’t blame him for not trusting the Lionguard.

Who is E?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

How is Magistar Tassi’s name pronounced? Is it Toss-ee or Tash-ee? Cuz the signature “____E” could be an allusion to “Dash E” or Tassi (Tash-ee). His machine is being used by the investigator, who said she got it from E.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Who is E?

in Dragon Bash

CorneliusCoffin.3169

How is Magistar Tassi’s name pronounced? Is it Toss-ee or Tash-ee? Cuz the signature “____E” could be an allusion to “Dash E” or Tassi (Tash-ee). His machine is being used by the investigator, who said she got it from E.

I think the “____E”-theory has widely been dismissed, as “-signature” is just the conventional way all letters are signed in GW2

Who is E?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

Say, whatever happened to that ‘personal nemesis’ that was mentioned a while back?

The table is a fable.

Who is E?

in Dragon Bash

CorneliusCoffin.3169

Say, whatever happened to that ‘personal nemesis’ that was mentioned a while back?

Source?

Who is E?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Gabby.3205

Gabby.3205

Source?

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/living-story-evolution/

Tarnished Coast
Astrid Strongheart, Norn Ranger.
“I wish juvenile wolves were bigger”

Who is E?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Cowrex.9564

Cowrex.9564

This is some awesome conspiracy stuff here!

Give a man fire, he will be warm, set a man on fire, he will be warm forever! …or dead…

Who is E?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Headless.3718

Headless.3718

It’s Tybalt 100%!!!

I don’t think it’s someone from a race specific personal story because that would be total kitten for people who haven’t played that story.

Who is E?

in Dragon Bash

CorneliusCoffin.3169

It’s Tybalt 100%!!!

I don’t think it’s someone from a race specific personal story because that would be total kitten for people who haven’t played that story.

Well, Caithe is from a personal story and so is Traherne or most of the other NPCs. I think as long as they’re introduced properly for the rest it should be allright.

Who is E?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: mojowalker.3798

mojowalker.3798

Unfortunately, the more I thought I about this, and I truly enjoy the way the new story arc is going, I knew I had heard of a mysterious Mister E before … not sure if this adds new wrinkles to the whole “what if it references something else” investigation, but, food for thought … this is from wikipedia on the latest incarnation of the Scooby Doo series that was on Cartoon Network a year or two back:

“In addition to the traditional cases they always solve, the team finds itself being nudged into the uncovering of a dark secret that is hidden in the past of Crystal Cove. Following cryptic hints from a faceless mystery-man known only as “Mr. E.” (a play on “mystery”)"

“If you can’t beat them, get a bigger stick.”
- Some random quote -
The Walkers and the Whispers, ANVIL ROCK

Who is E?

in Dragon Bash

CorneliusCoffin.3169

Unfortunately, the more I thought I about this, and I truly enjoy the way the new story arc is going, I knew I had heard of a mysterious Mister E before … not sure if this adds new wrinkles to the whole “what if it references something else” investigation, but, food for thought … this is from wikipedia on the latest incarnation of the Scooby Doo series that was on Cartoon Network a year or two back:

“In addition to the traditional cases they always solve, the team finds itself being nudged into the uncovering of a dark secret that is hidden in the past of Crystal Cove. Following cryptic hints from a faceless mystery-man known only as “Mr. E.” (a play on “mystery”)"

Mr E = Mistery…
How didn’t we see that before? Seriously! Community!
Okay so I think that solves the whole “Mister E, so he has to be male” business.
Still even after today, Mr E’s identity hasn’t been revealed.

Who is E?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

A part of me really, really hopes it’s Tybalt!

Who is E?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: DeShadowWolf.6854

DeShadowWolf.6854

It’s Tybalt 100%!!!

There is only one problem with Tybalt.

He dies in the lvl 50 personal storyline mission.

Who is E?

in Dragon Bash

CorneliusCoffin.3169

That’s what we think!

Who is E?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

It’s Tybalt 100%!!!

There is only one problem with Tybalt.

He dies in the lvl 50 personal storyline mission.

Are you sure? Did you see it happen?

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Who is E?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Uden Reavstone.3426

Uden Reavstone.3426

O I’m sure and latter in Orr it’s proven by a quote and an event.

“Blue team for life.”
“They can’t see me. I can’t see them.”
Michael J. Caboose ~ RvB

Who is E?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

O I’m sure and latter in Orr it’s proven by a quote and an event.

I hate that quote from the boss.
It ticks me off thinking about that in the middle of the fight.
Stupid floating eyeballs.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

Who is E?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Spendingallmytime.7249

Spendingallmytime.7249

Worst case scenario: it’s Trahearne.

Why you bein’ cute?

Who is E?

in Dragon Bash

Olvendred.3027

Same thing applies to Trahearne and Tybalt as to what I said about Demmi Beetlestone before. They can’t write them into the living story, because it has to be independent of the personal story. Depending on where you are in personal story, Trahearne might be a) completely unknown to you; b) a random Sylvari with self-confidence issues who is helping you; c) a random Sylvari with knowledge of the Risen who is helping out during and after Claw Island; d) the leader of the Pact trying to take down Zhaitan; or e) the leader of the Pact who has stunningly achieved victory over Zhaitan. Anet is not going to go to the trouble of making sure someone like Trahearne can be written in as an anonymous benefactor here, and still fit in with personal stories at every possible stage they could be at.

Who is E?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Bahlol.6125

Bahlol.6125

Here is why its not logan, when you talk with Marjory she said she never have done business with logan before and this is the first time and since he paid she will do it, and it seems like she has done business with E before .. also, why would logan come in as him self and ask Marjory to investigate when he has already sent you to her as E? It just don’t make since and seems redundant, and lastly, E knows lady Kasmer and Marjory work together, so if E is logan why would he be surprised to see her there in the dead end with Marjory.
Also Demmi is a full member of the Order of Whispers, i remember one time while talking to her after a mission she said that she has been promoted to a Lightbringer, but dont think she or her dad has anything to do with this story.

I believe that E is a new character in game

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Demmi_Beetlestone

(edited by Bahlol.6125)

Who is E?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Bubi.7942

Bubi.7942

I think it’s a random Ettin.

Who is E?

in Dragon Bash

CorneliusCoffin.3169

Same thing applies to Trahearne and Tybalt as to what I said about Demmi Beetlestone before. They can’t write them into the living story, because it has to be independent of the personal story. Depending on where you are in personal story, Trahearne might be a) completely unknown to you; b) a random Sylvari with self-confidence issues who is helping you; c) a random Sylvari with knowledge of the Risen who is helping out during and after Claw Island; d) the leader of the Pact trying to take down Zhaitan; or e) the leader of the Pact who has stunningly achieved victory over Zhaitan. Anet is not going to go to the trouble of making sure someone like Trahearne can be written in as an anonymous benefactor here, and still fit in with personal stories at every possible stage they could be at.

The same applies to Eir Stegalking though, who has in fact been a part of the Flame & Frost living story. But I think by & large you are right. It’s kinda striking how they keep all these characters from the personal story out of the living story as much as possible.

Who is E?

in Dragon Bash

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

It can’t be Logan, because first of all there’s no reason for him to be mysterious about it. It’s his job to investigate these sort of things, and he does so quite openly. We even see him at the tavern talking to Marjory, so he is definitely not keeping much of a low profile. The man is as subtle as an Ettin in a museum. When Logan requests your help, he simply signs it with his own name. He does so quite often in other parts of the story.

Now if E simply stands for Mister E, then it could be really anyone, even a woman. I don’t think it would be Kasmeer though, because again we meet her at that very same tavern. Logically it would have to be someone who keeps him/herself hidden and doesn’t appear at the tavern.

Who is E?

in Dragon Bash

Olvendred.3027

The same applies to Eir Stegalking though, who has in fact been a part of the Flame & Frost living story. But I think by & large you are right. It’s kinda striking how they keep all these characters from the personal story out of the living story as much as possible.

Ahhh, but does it? Eir is present in the personal story, yes… but what actually happens to her? How does her situation change throughout it? Is there anything at all that is different about her at the end of personal story, as at the beginning of it? That’s why they can have Eir and Logan and Rytlock in the living story, because the most character development they get is in their relationships with the other members of Destiny’s Edge, and it’s easy enough to keep that out of the living story.

Who is E?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

This is not true,
They have mostly followed that line so far, but it is stated that in the timeline of events, the first southsun cove event takes place AFTER the defeat of Zhaitan. This means that flame and frost also happens AFTER the defeat of Zhaitan, so does the second event at southsun and now dragonbash. Making an exception for Eir, Rytlock and Logan shows that it isn’t a golden rule. They try to make the living story playable and enjoyable for everyone. But the purpose is to entertain the people who did the personal story and to keep the game a live till the main story continues.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Who is E?

in Dragon Bash

Olvendred.3027

This is not true,
They have mostly followed that line so far, but it is stated that in the timeline of events, the first southsun cove event takes place AFTER the defeat of Zhaitan.

Where does it say that, though? I’m happy to be proven wrong, but I don’t recall ever reading that.

Who is E?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Riselight.3695

Riselight.3695

This is not true,
They have mostly followed that line so far, but it is stated that in the timeline of events, the first southsun cove event takes place AFTER the defeat of Zhaitan.

Where does it say that, though? I’m happy to be proven wrong, but I don’t recall ever reading that.

I’m also 100% sure they said this somewhere on the forum, maybe in the Lost Shores section

Riselight [WvW] – Elementalist
Smough The Cruel [WvW] – Warrior

(edited by Riselight.3695)

Who is E?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

I could see Logan being it, but I dunno… That, “You MAY know me,” part doesn’t seem to fit. Isn’t he in every personal story? I’m trying to think back…

Hrrrmn. He shows up between the last racial arc and the first order arc, although he doesn’t pay much attention to you then if you’re not human. Keep in mind, though, that it’s possible that not everyone receiving this letter is necessarily going to have reached that far. Furthermore, the writer claiming ‘you may not know me’ despite knowing full well that the receiver knowing him would be one way to put people off the scent if the letter is intercepted.

Cornelius makes a valid point, though, that this is the first time Logan has directly hired Marjory, but Marjory has prior history with ‘E’. That suggests something else, and the way ‘E’ appears to have been operating, I’d guess one of the covert groups like the Order of Whispers, Shining Blade, Ash Legion or Arcane Eye.

On Demmi: Apart from the 30-40 storyline, she also shows up in the Claw island arc, in order to recommend her last protector be busted out of jail in Beetletun so his mercenary unit can go to Claw Island as well as becoming your sidekick in rescuing the Whispers leadership after the Chantry of Whispers is attacked, including helping to get past some of the defenses that have been activated. IIRC, her current role within the Order is as a political analyst.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

Who is E?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

All I can think of when I read E is this:

If it was Keil, why wouldn’t she just write out her whole name?

I hope this story moves towards Caudecus. As sick as I am of it being centred around humans, he is the most compelling GW2 “villain”.

Now that someone mentioned it, I hope E is Trahearne. That guy never got the prominence he deserved. He was a really underutilised character in the personal story and it’d be great to see him come back into the story as the main hero.

It can’t be Logan, because first of all there’s no reason for him to be mysterious about it. It’s his job to investigate these sort of things, and he does so quite openly. We even see him at the tavern talking to Marjory, so he is definitely not keeping much of a low profile. The man is as subtle as an Ettin in a museum. When Logan requests your help, he simply signs it with his own name. He does so quite often in other parts of the story.

Now if E simply stands for Mister E, then it could be really anyone, even a woman. I don’t think it would be Kasmeer though, because again we meet her at that very same tavern. Logically it would have to be someone who keeps him/herself hidden and doesn’t appear at the tavern.

How is “I was never here” and secretly hiring a detective to act in your place is very open about his involvement?

E is probably a character that has not appeared in the Living Story so far. Without anything else to go on I’d pick an Order of Whispers member (whether they be known or unknown), but at this point it’s up to ArenaNet to reveal more details. I hope it’s a sylvari, Canache wasn’t enough to make up for them as an under-represented race in the Living Story.

Who is E?

in Dragon Bash

CorneliusCoffin.3169

I think I’ve said this before, but I love how every time I visit this thread there are more questions than answers

I’ve naturally assumed that the whole living story content takes places after the defeat of Zhaitan, but I’ve gone through a lot of (though by far not all of) the dialogue of the living story again and what’s really quite striking is that the writers seem to really make an effort to not have any temporal references in there, other than references that place them after the events of GW1. (e.g. Rytlock says that he has know Eir for a long time and that they’ve been in Destiny’s Edge together).
Maybe this should really be our first task, locate the living story at a specific period of time, because if this is all prior to our personal story then this means that Traherne for instance is just another silvari with no titles or authority and he’s pretty much out of the picture for E.

My money is still on Kasmeer though. It just strikes me that she’s a reappearing character without a real function yet. I think there’s more to Lady Meade than we all think.

Who is E?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

I think I’ve said this before, but I love how every time I visit this thread there are more questions than answers

That sounds familiar. Oh yeah….

We know how that turned out.

(edited by Shiren.9532)

Who is E?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Benjamin Mahir.7986

Benjamin Mahir.7986

I’ll toss my money behind Lady Kasmeer Meade. Her gradual background inclusion into the order of events appears to perfect for it not to be her.

For those putting money behind Demmi Beetlestone, yes she does officially join the Order of Whispers. She has a role in the Order’s version of the Claw Island arc, and I recall several of the side dialogs not only stated that she had officially joined but that her cryptology training was going well… or something to that effect. It’s been awhile.

Who is E?

in Dragon Bash

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

That sounds familiar. Oh yeah….

We know how that turned out.

Lets hope it doesn’t end the same way.

Who is E?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: ricky markham.8173

ricky markham.8173

ember doomforge is the mysterious e

hes in the vigil he knows dougal keane

i really dont know but hes the only e beside eir and hes male
maybe the peace treaty between the humans and char were going tooo good and wanted to spice up his job with a killing of a char rep in human lands

Who is E?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

Ember is female. I know charr can be hard to pick if you don’t know what you’re looking for, but she is definitely female.

I’ve naturally assumed that the whole living story content takes places after the defeat of Zhaitan, but I’ve gone through a lot of (though by far not all of) the dialogue of the living story again and what’s really quite striking is that the writers seem to really make an effort to not have any temporal references in there, other than references that place them after the events of GW1. (e.g. Rytlock says that he has know Eir for a long time and that they’ve been in Destiny’s Edge together).
Maybe this should really be our first task, locate the living story at a specific period of time, because if this is all prior to our personal story then this means that Traherne for instance is just another silvari with no titles or authority and he’s pretty much out of the picture for E.

My money is still on Kasmeer though. It just strikes me that she’s a reappearing character without a real function yet. I think there’s more to Lady Meade than we all think.

IIRC, Lost Shores specified that it was happening after Zhaitan fell (that’s why the Consortium felt it was safe to investigate a new island that had appeared so close to Orr), and thus everything since is after Zhaitan’s death. I think ArenaNet has just been careful not to mention this in Living Story since so as not to spoil new players, and they can imagine that they’re happening simultaneously if they don’t stop to think about it.

Kinda like how the bridge quests from Nightfall talk about the storylines of Prophecies and Factions as if they’re currently happening, even though timeline-wise Nightfall is set three years after the other two.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

Who is E?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: n astirh.9062

n astirh.9062

For half of your lifetime you can get shinigami eyes to see his actual name..
:P

(edited by n astirh.9062)

Who is E?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Assassin Zero.4628

Assassin Zero.4628

Not sure if this has been said yet (sorry, not going to read through all the responses since I was last here), but I really doubt that E is a female, not just because of the “Mr.” title, but because Marjory has been referring to E as a male and, in her part 2 story on the front page, she “met” with E and heard his voice while he was talking, so unless she has some good reason to lie about E’s gender, I am quite sure he is a male.

Who is E?

in Dragon Bash

CorneliusCoffin.3169

I’m still with Kasmeer, though. Suspension of disbelief and all that aside, but we know that Kasmeer and Marjory have been working together for a while, long enough to be on very personal terms (she call’s her Jory.) and I just can’t think of a plausible scenario where a respected member of the Divinity’s Reach nobilty would work for a private investigator as a detective apprentice. If at all, Kasmeer should be Marjory’s superior.
Her exclusive social status would also grant her access to information that others can’t get access to, for examples that “there are forces at work in this city, in this world, that will take us all down if we let them.” (The Last Straw Part2), especially if those forces involve a certain “Minister -” (ibd.)
The fact that E speaks with a dark voice (which is a very relative way of describing things. dark compared to what?) on their first encounter really gives us no indication as to his or her gender.

Who is E?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Remillard.8691

Remillard.8691

I’ll throw my two copper in.

1) Demmi Beetlestone is still with the Whispers last I checked. I visited with her frequently after the rescue because I thought it was an interesting situation. She was always found at the Whispers base and working as a data analyst.

While I would believe she could be the whisper of information, I don’t think she is the person behind prodding the character along. At the very least in The Last Straw the voice is deep. I’m sure there is asuran technology that could do voice changes, but the feel (along with the general film noir take) is quite masculine. But like I said, he could very easily be someone who knows Demmi and be trusted by her sufficiently to relay intelligence she’s privy to in her work as an analyst.

2) I think people are getting WAY too spun up about the E portion of this. The mails have been signed by Mr. E. Mister – E. Mystery. Too cute by half. I think is just as probable that E means nothing as it means anything.

3) Sadly I have no real feel for who it could be at all, so it’ll be fascinating to find out — if we do! There’s no reason that this couldn’t be strung out over several more story segments as the player character becomes a useful cats paw for someone who prefers to stay in the shadows while benevolently (?) working to sabotage more chaotic forces in the world.

Who is E?

in Dragon Bash

CorneliusCoffin.3169

I think we can pretty safely rule out the possibility that any member of the Order of Whispers (including Demmi Beetlestone) is behind E, after what we have learned in “The Last Straw 2”.
First of all the Order of Whispers is the single-most informed organization in Tyria. Why would they need to hire a private investigator to do their work?
Second, even if there was a reason they needed Marjory, the story clearly states that she became a private investigator after having been contacted by E. That’s just not how the Order of Whispers work. If they feel they need your assistance, they’re going to make sure you become part of the order (as in the personal story) and not a freelancing detective.

Who is E?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Uden Reavstone.3426

Uden Reavstone.3426

Guys, it’s not Kasmeer. Why would she ask Marjory “Where are you going?” if Kasmeer is E and Marjory some what knows E?

“Blue team for life.”
“They can’t see me. I can’t see them.”
Michael J. Caboose ~ RvB