Who is E?

Who is E?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Lutinz.6915

Lutinz.6915

Well we have our first appearance of E in the second half of the Marjory short story and Im pretty sure that E isnt someone we have actually met yet. Curiously, it sounds like he is a spy or assassin considering how easily he sneaks up on Marjory.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/marjorys-story-the-last-straw-part-2/

Im thinking theres a much bigger consperacy at play and Im thinking the alliance between the bandits (read as ministry proxies), the Nightmare Court and the Inquest could be playing out here. To what end? I have no idea. Something bad.

Foul things are afoot on in the streets of Divinity’s Reach. Perhaps we may find out the real story behind the great colapse soon.

Who is E?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Linguistically Inept.6583

Linguistically Inept.6583

mesmers can change their voice right?… theres that risen mesmer quest; so i assume they can
… DR is home to a lot of powerful mesmers (anise/jennah); so i wouldnt rule those out as both know about the ministry

… or faren and E stand for something ridiculous that he used for his alias; like enigmatic

Desolation: 80 ranger [Nightwither], 80 necro [Dusk Grimsoul]
80 warr [Blaze Steelsoul], 80 ele [Blaze Nightstrike], 80 mesmer [Grim Shatterwhirl]
80 guard [Dusk Grimlight], 80 engi [Flintgear]

Who is E?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Xeph.4718

Xeph.4718

It’s Elminster of Shadowdale (he used that – E signature in Baldur’s Gate when contacting with player character).
But seriously it’s probably Code Name for some new character.

Ah haha, thats the very first thing that came to my mind when I saw it too.

Pandion Knights – Seafarer’s Rest
www.pandionknights.co.uk
Ava Solaris – Warrior SFR

Who is E?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Gabby.3205

Gabby.3205

Boy, the devs must find this thread quite amusing.
They are probably laughing at our crazy guesses.

… or faren and E stand for something ridiculous that he used for his alias; like enigmatic

I don’t think Faren can be so enigmatic, and he certainly isn’t the kind of guy that would hide his identity. He likes to boast about what he did (and about what his best buddy did, too). Faren is a really nice guy and a wonderful friend, but that’s just not his style.

Tarnished Coast
Astrid Strongheart, Norn Ranger.
“I wish juvenile wolves were bigger”

Who is E?

in Dragon Bash

I don’t think Faren can be so enigmatic, and he certainly isn’t the kind of guy that would hide his identity. He likes to boast about what he did (and about what his best buddy did, too). Faren is a really nice guy and a wonderful friend, but that’s just not his style.

i wouldnt have thought so either; but i think hed be someone who would describe themselves as it if he acted the least bit sneaky
… hence my fail of a joke

80 warr [Blaze Steelsoul], 80 ele [Blaze Nightstrike], 80 mesmer [Grim Shatterwhirl]

Who is E?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Uden Reavstone.3426

Uden Reavstone.3426

I agree. They probably are.

“Blue team for life.”
“They can’t see me. I can’t see them.”
Michael J. Caboose ~ RvB

Who is E?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Turtle Dragon.9241

Turtle Dragon.9241

E is Eir.

/15chars

Who is E?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: CorneliusCoffin.3169

CorneliusCoffin.3169

That’s what they said about Clark Kent.

Who is E?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

It’s Elminster of Shadowdale (he used that – E signature in Baldur’s Gate when contacting with player character).

Hahahahaha! But of course!

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

Who is E?

in Dragon Bash

CorneliusCoffin.3169

By now, I actually really hope that it’s somebody we have not met yet. My biggest fear is that at some point they’re going to say: “Hey, it’s me <Traherne/Demmi/eir etc.>. I’ve been E all along>”
And we’re all immediately: “Well that doesn’t make sense, because…” because we’ve dug ourselves so deep into this E story.
I really hope they’re keeping track of all the hints they’re giving out on E and don’t come up with some lazy excuse why it’s <insert impossible character here>

EDIT: …which, however, would be so “LOST” to do.

(edited by CorneliusCoffin.3169)

Who is E?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: MrIllusion.5304

MrIllusion.5304

“There are forces at work in this city, in this world, that will take us all down if we let them. Together, you and I can make a difference.”

Of course! It’s so obvious!

It’s the Batman.

Who is E?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

First of all the Order of Whispers is the single-most informed organization in Tyria. Why would they need to hire a private investigator to do their work?

As a front, and because someone who doesn’t know they’re working for the Order can’t reveal that the Order knows about something. Plus, being the people who know about some threat before anyone else is pretty much the Order’kitten.

I think we can rule out Logan entirely now, though – Part 2 just isn’t his style.

And yes, mesmers can change their voice.

That’s what they said about Clark Kent.

Or, for an even closer analogy, the Scarlet Pimpernel.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

Who is E?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: BuddhaKeks.4857

BuddhaKeks.4857

Well Mesmer may be able to change their voice, but we already know that E is a necromancer, atleast he uses their magic. "The other necromancer had already turned tail and run, leaving an energy trail I could follow if I hurried. " I’m pretty sure Majory could tell when other people use her arts.

You don’t win friends with salad! Sorry I just got caught up in the rhythm.

Who is E?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

BuddhaKeks, I’ll have to refute that reasoning. The story says another necro runs from her, but then E grabs her from behind, has a deep voice, and no hint of necromantic energy. She’s sure he’s not the one that offed the ghost.

The writing is careful not to say if it’s a male or female body that grabs her. However, she’s calling him a Mr. thereafter and I think it wouldn’t be too hard to tell if someone who’s pressed their chest against your back is male or female. Depending on armor worn, of course.

Who is E?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Blackmoon.6837

Blackmoon.6837

My money is actually on Demmi Beetlestone.
She is currently in the chantry of whispers still hiding for her dad. Very likely she still has ties with old friends in Divinity’s reach, wich are most likely nobels like lady kashmeer (wich would explain here presence). She obvious can’t show her face in Lion’s Arch. You might know her or you might know her not cause of the story and she has access to inside info from the council.

We had a mission or two with Demmi. We even had introductions. So I doubt it’s her.

Besides, she was a little brat… xD

Who is E?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

E is, imo, a member of the Shining Blade.

1. We know he’s male, and that he’s human (or at least close enough to human to not be obviously non-human).
  2. E is interested in the ongoings of the city, something that would be most interested to someone born and raised in the city. But at the same time he’s interested in the ongoings of Lion’s Arch
  3. The ones most interested in the Minister’s dirty work are the Shining Blade.
  4. I doubt E’s Order of Whispers, else there’d have been some form okittennowledgement to Whisper PCs.
  5. Couldn’t E stand for “Exemplar”?
Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Who is E?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: ricky markham.8173

ricky markham.8173

couldnt e be evon gnashblade of bltc. serious he has stock in what happens in la and anything happening with the consortium should he take an interest in. so im thinking the myterious e is evon

Who is E?

in Dragon Bash

couldnt e be evon gnashblade of bltc. serious he has stock in what happens in la and anything happening with the consortium should he take an interest in. so im thinking the myterious e is evon

except;
-what does minister pointy beard have to do with consortium
-what did the lighting ceremony have to do with the consortium
-he was in LA
-marjory wouldve probably taken note if the hand that grabbed her had been furry and clawed

Who is E?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Meriem.3504

Meriem.3504

E = MC square

typing more stuff so lets me post the 15 text min.

Who is E?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

-marjory wouldve probably taken note if the hand that grabbed her had been furry and clawed

And for similar reasons, we can rule out Mister E being an Asura (too small to grab a human and hold a blade to her throat), a Norn (Marjory would know at once because their build is so much bigger than a human’s) or a Sylvari (planty appendages). That leaves him as being human.

Who is E?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Olvendred.3027

Olvendred.3027

And for similar reasons, we can rule out Mister E being an Asura (too small to grab a human and hold a blade to her throat), a Norn (Marjory would know at once because their build is so much bigger than a human’s) or a Sylvari (planty appendages). That leaves him as being human.

Unless they’re a mesmer.

Who is E?

in Dragon Bash

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Appendages can be covered with gloves and other clothing. Marjory doesn’t tell us anything about E, so it is a bit early to assume he’s human. I personally think he’s human, but I wouldn’t rule out Sylvari. Asura is clearly a bit of a height issue, so I think we can safely rule that out.

But why would some of the other races be interested in the Ship’s Council or Lion’s Arch? Norn or Sylvari wouldn’t be very interested in that. So human is the best bet.

Who is E?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: MrIllusion.5304

MrIllusion.5304

Would you guys prefer if E was an entirely new character, or if he’s someone we’ve already met, but would not expect to be E?

Who is E?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

Probably has nothing to do with the letter E, it’s just a pseudonym. Might have been X too but that’s too cliché.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Who is E?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Rajani Isa.6294

Rajani Isa.6294

Or, for an even closer analogy, the Scarlet Pimpernel.

Or for another modern name – Batman. Bruce tends to be a playboy in public.

Who is E?

in Dragon Bash

CorneliusCoffin.3169

You guys are too quick ruling out things based on unreliable information. For all we know, Marjory might know E’s identity, meaning, she also knows why E has an interest in her anonymity. So any information we get from Marjory and/or Kasmeer regarding E’s identity should be taken with a grain of salt.
I’m also not quite yet ruling out the possibilty that E isn’t in fact a single person but a group of people.

Who is E?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Pirlipat.2479

Pirlipat.2479

The german translation of the story on their mainpage is refering to E as a male. It could be a wrong translation but still…

E says: „Einer, den Ihr nicht vergessen werdet. Ich werde mich wieder melden. Nennt mich E.“

Anyway E seems to be a real person.

Who is E?

in Dragon Bash

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Would you guys prefer if E was an entirely new character, or if he’s someone we’ve already met, but would not expect to be E?

I hope they keep his identity a secret. In which case whether he is a new character or an old character becomes irrelevant.

Who is E?

in Dragon Bash

CorneliusCoffin.3169

The german translation of the story on their mainpage is refering to E as a male. It could be a wrong translation but still…

E says: „Einer, den Ihr nicht vergessen werdet. Ich werde mich wieder melden. Nennt mich E.“

Anyway E seems to be a real person.

That “einer” doesn’t refer to a person but to “Beginn” in “Was für ein wunderbarer Beginn einer Bekanntschaft.” German uses differently gendered articles (der, die, das) an “der Beginn” in German is masculine, therefore “einer” has to be masculine as well.
This does in no way determine any persons gender.

Who is E?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Pirlipat.2479

Pirlipat.2479

oooops looks like I shouldn’t skip a paragraph, lol. xD

I thought it referred to:

„Wer seid Ihr?“, fragte ich. (“Who are you?”)

[…] (I kinda overread this sentence): „Was für ein wunderbarer Beginn unserer Bekanntschaft.“ […]

„Einer, den Ihr nicht vergessen werdet. Ich werde mich wieder melden. Nennt mich E.“

But she still at least perceives him as male, as it seems.

Who is E?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Cele.5467

Cele.5467

some one mentioned E being an idea not a person then it could very well be an ever anonymous character or an organization destiny’s "E"dge maybe?

I really hope they go all out with the anonymous character and maybe have him/her appear in game as a masked vigilante

Im a photographer, Visit my website :D http://cele-cam.deviantart.com/

Who is E?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Uden Reavstone.3426

Uden Reavstone.3426

First of all, what’s to say that E is not a codename but his real name, and 2nd of all, I think this E is not someone we know.

“Blue team for life.”
“They can’t see me. I can’t see them.”
Michael J. Caboose ~ RvB

Who is E?

in Dragon Bash

CorneliusCoffin.3169

some one mentioned E being an idea not a person then it could very well be an ever anonymous character or an organization destiny’s "E"dge maybe?

I really hope they go all out with the anonymous character and maybe have him/her appear in game as a masked vigilante

I’ve been thinking about Destiny’s Edge as well, but as has been discussed in another thread, ArenaNet is trying to keep characters from the personal story out of the living world as much as possible, so as to not spoil anything for new players. Putting the Edge in there would basically go full force against that approach.

Who is E?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Jemmi.6058

Jemmi.6058

I’ve been thinking about Destiny’s Edge as well, but as has been discussed in another thread, ArenaNet is trying to keep characters from the personal story out of the living world as much as possible, so as to not spoil anything for new players. Putting the Edge in there would basically go full force against that approach.

Maybe it’s Snaff?

Who is E?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

If ‘E’ is a group, then I’d expect it to be a moniker or subgroup for one we already know, like the Order or the Shining Blade. We’ve already got those two as ‘good guy’ secret agencies looking to unravel Ministry plots – throwing in a third unrelated to the other two just because seems like it would be stretching credibility.

A single vigilante with a support network I could see, but not another full-on secret agency.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

Who is E?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Gabby.3205

Gabby.3205

Maybe it’s Snaff?

LOL
Snaff: Oh yeah, Eir, I’ve been faking my death for the last five years (or so). What? Zojja almost got you to kill yourself because of that? Well, that’s odd… What?! Rytlock and Logan almost killed each other, too? I leave you guys alone for five years and you make such a mess out of it? I can’t believe I’m your friend.

That would be hilarious. Impossible and lore-breaking, but hilarious.

Tarnished Coast
Astrid Strongheart, Norn Ranger.
“I wish juvenile wolves were bigger”

Who is E?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

I would prefer an old character. There’s a lot of figures already in the game, and all of those really elaborated upon got killed. It’d be nice if some of the pre-existing figures from earlier stories were to return and expanded upon, without being killed. Like Faren was, but moreso.

I’m also not quite yet ruling out the possibilty that E isn’t in fact a single person but a group of people.

What, like the rumors on the Shadow Broker?

E is repeatedly referred to as male in English too – the short story says his voice was deep, which would indicate male, and he’s called male by Majory.

First of all, what’s to say that E is not a codename but his real name, and 2nd of all, I think this E is not someone we know.

I don’t think anyone has a given name which is simply “E.” Even in pronunciation – closest you get is Eve.

Technically, Destiny’s Edge’s story isn’t in the personal story but the dungeon stories. Though the same effect holds more or less. But it’s still a loop hole that could be considered.

Here’s a possibility:

Personal nemesis! o.o

Majory only thinks E’s a guy – as far as we know – due to his deep voice. But what if it’s a woman who was altering her voice instead?

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Who is E?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: HawkMeister.4758

HawkMeister.4758

Logans disdain for the Liongard probably stems from his time as a slave Gladiator in LA, see Destinies Edge.
Love the Elminster nod, totally didn´t occur to me!

Actually so far that´s the most interesting part of this whole Personal/Living Story arc.
Wonder when we´ll hear from E again.

Polish > hype

Who is E?

in Dragon Bash

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Here’s a possibility:

Personal nemesis! o.o

Majory only thinks E’s a guy – as far as we know – due to his deep voice. But what if it’s a woman who was altering her voice instead?

I like the idea of it being your personal nemesis, although a woman altering her voice is a bit far-fetched. But what if your personal nemesis is neither human, nor charr, nor Norn, nor Asura, nor Sylvari. What if your personal nemesis isn’t of any of the known races? Now that would be creepy.

Who is E?

in Dragon Bash

CorneliusCoffin.3169

What, like the rumors on the Shadow Broker?

No. The Shadow Broker is Liara T’Soni. We all know that

E is repeatedly referred to as male in English too – the short story says his voice was deep, which would indicate male, and he’s called male by Majory.

Technically, Destiny’s Edge’s story isn’t in the personal story but the dungeon stories. Though the same effect holds more or less. But it’s still a loop hole that could be considered.

It’s not just dungeon.
There's this part about Destiny's Edge being irreconcilable in the personal story. And then of course the dungeon stories take that up.

Who is E?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Olvendred.3027

Olvendred.3027

It’s not just dungeon.
There's this part about Destiny's Edge being irreconcilable in the personal story. And then of course the dungeon stories take that up.

Yes. But the thing is, unless there are two or more of Destiny’s Edge together, that doesn’t matter. Logan, on his own, is the same before and after the dungeon/personal stories. Logan + Rytlock together would be different; which is why they’ve avoided that.