Anybody able to access the EotM map?

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Savoy.6824

Savoy.6824

All is vain.

And we should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once – Nietzsche

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Ceridwen.6703

Ceridwen.6703

All is vain.

I am disappoint.

“Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Steve R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn.”

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: SamD.5127

SamD.5127

I was having issues getting back in on any characters after crashing from EoTM, seems to be working now, though. (my characters that is)

Mya Clearwater – 80 Guardian
Pinkiy – 80 Warrior
Stytch – 80 Mesmer

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: PVStar.3658

PVStar.3658

Game is 100% dead now.It’s a good thing GW2 has a PTR to test out things in real time.

Don’t be silly, everyone knows AAA MMOs have no need for PTRs!

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: nic.4875

nic.4875

What is the point of having a forum i you communicate only through third party sites?

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

What is the point of having a forum i you communicate only through third party sites?

This I do agree with.

Unfortunately it’s a problem more and more companies are guilty of, not just Anet.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Witaminka.4650

Witaminka.4650

works as intended -,- /s

GW1 – 4,100+ / GW2 – 10,300+ hours played
server jumper

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Koralik.3240

Koralik.3240

I had the same problem. I created new character, played for a while and now everything is ok.
Edit: When I try to go to EoTM, I always get the same information about my firewall and some kind of errors occuring.

(edited by Koralik.3240)

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Holo the Wise.4179

Holo the Wise.4179

I believe Twitter is just their way of getting out a quick shout out when something unexpected and emergency-like happens. More official updates/responses takes time, as does reading and responding to forum threads.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

That’s a good question.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Ceridwen.6703

Ceridwen.6703

I believe Twitter is just their way of getting out a quick shout out when something unexpected and emergency-like happens. More official updates/responses takes time, as does reading and responding to forum threads.

If you can fire off up to 140 characters in one place, you can fire the exact same message off in another.

“Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Steve R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn.”

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

works as intended -,- /s

It’s a rule change that the players have to figure out like a puzzle, the guessing whether it’s a bug or a feature is the feature.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Mark Katzbach

Mark Katzbach

Content Marketing Manager

Next

We’re hard at work taking care of the issues with the Edge of the Mists. Please hang in there.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Tranc.6780

Tranc.6780

What annoys me is the error message. I have gotten these messages (usually on patch day) since launch and it has NEVER been my firewall, router settings or security program.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: nic.4875

nic.4875

We’re hard at work taking care of the issues with the Edge of the Mists. Please hang in there.

Thank you for letting us know here too.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Holo the Wise.4179

Holo the Wise.4179

If you can fire off up to 140 characters in one place, you can fire the exact same message off in another.

Well, I suppose that the moderators are gathering the various threads that have popped up on this topic, so that they can make replies in one place.

Edit: This is exactly what happened as I was typing my reply, so I guess the point is unavailing.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

I can log back on my characters now, except for the one stuck in Lion’s Arch (gave me a net error when I tried.), so I’m staying away from there for now.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

Shouldn’t this be posted somewhere clearly visible on the official forums? Why is their community team more active on third party mediums for issues like this than they are on the official forums?

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: NYG.2568

NYG.2568

Why are we notified through 3rd party? Aren’t the forums and game the right place for this?

Remember we don’t draw on cave walls anymore.Language and texts have evolved since.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Darkstorn.5423

Darkstorn.5423

This is exactly what it says on my signature lol.
“It takes time to write, test and roll out code.”
-Yeah, but A-net does only 2 of those.

in The Edge of the Mists

Pixelpumpkin.4608

What annoys me is the error message. I have gotten these messages (usually on patch day) since launch and it has NEVER been my firewall, router settings or security program.

Have you checked your internet connection?

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: pswendel.8179

pswendel.8179

Did you turn it off and on again?

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Nabrok.9023

Nabrok.9023

All the game client knows is that it can’t connect to the server. It doesn’t know why, so it assumes that the game servers are fine and you have a local problem.

“I’m not a PvE, WvW, or PvP player – I am a Guild Wars 2 player”
Tarnished Coast – Dissentient [DIS]
All classes

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: CC Danicia.1394

Previous

CC Danicia.1394

Community Coordinator

Next

Well, I suppose that the moderators are gathering the various threads that have popped up on this topic, so that they can make replies in one place.

Edit: This is exactly what happened as I was typing my reply, so I guess the point is unavailing.

Yep, this!

Different people on the team handle different tasks. While many of us are here on the forums responding to many threads on the same topic (this one) all over the forum, plus gathering feedback for Dev, Rubi is responding to our social channels.

We have official communities off the forums, too, as example via Twitter. Whilst we gather all the threads and work with Dev, she is able to quickly get the news to the heaps of people who are asking out Twitter account about this issue.

Hope that helps!

in The Edge of the Mists

Pixelpumpkin.4608

All the game client knows is that it can’t connect to the server. It doesn’t know why, so it assumes that the game servers are fine and you have a local problem.

We know that! But when the server’s not reachable, why does the game automatically assume that the problem lies at the player’s end? Can’t perform a ping to the own server?

“Adding insult to injury” is what this is.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Witaminka.4650

Witaminka.4650

aaaand crash…while changing border map (sweet queue position 32)

GW1 – 4,100+ / GW2 – 10,300+ hours played
server jumper

(edited by Witaminka.4650)

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

DDOS, nuff said.

Just so many people trying to get on, who would have though that after over a year anet releases a new WvW map and everyone wants to get in at the same time, I didnt :P

Macros, you can use them as long as they arent macros.
Remember to buy the officially endorsed GW2 Steel Series Keyboard, it supports macros!
WvW, we only care if it affects the servers we play on.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

Every new release it becomes a stampede….

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

I haven’t been able to get in yet.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

No, its broke…

Good job those guilds tested it so we would have a perfectly flawless patch day update eh…

Oh stop blaming my firewall, you know its your fault…

I bet Brahams wondering where everyone is…

(edited by Meglobob.8620)

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Ouimette.5902

Ouimette.5902

The guild testing was not a stress test. It was for glitches and bugs so Anet could polish the map. I am not saying that you all should stop flaming but you need to realise this cause it’s completely irrelevant to this situation.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Mel.8769

Mel.8769

Edit: When I try to go to EoTM, I always get the same information about my firewall and some kind of errors occuring.

That is what I keep getting as well. (On Devona’s Rest server)

Common sense is a flower that doesn’t grow in everyone’s garden. -Unknown

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Aeggil.9801

Aeggil.9801

Since getting into EotM very briefly and then getting kicked I am now unable to join my guildies in Crucible of Eternity…I haven’t yet tested whether any other dungeons are affected.

I now get the same error as trying to enter EotM…namely unable to contact log-in server at this time.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: zamalek.2154

zamalek.2154

That is what I keep getting as well.

This is what has happened in the past when a server/map was unavailable (crashed in most cases). All of us are getting that error.

Given how big the feature is I would say this has gone rather smoothly – most of us got to run around and explore the map a bit. Other devs would have screwed up worse and would have not only ignored their players; but would have kept them in the dark (if you want a current example: Battlefield 4 and the sound issue). kitten happens, at least ANet are keeping us in the loop and are working on it.

Auroraglade
Epistemic.8013: Guys this is bullkitten a sentient plant creature is hitting these
wooden doors with fireballs and it’s working

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: saventis.1485

saventis.1485

hey just wondering if there were any updates?
like a possible time or something just so i know if i should come back later or whether i have time to wait?
keep up the good work!

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Speedmann.5269

Speedmann.5269

like a possible time or something just so i know if i should come back later or whether i have time to wait?
keep up the good work!

It’s done when it’s done.
continuous asking for progress won’t speed anything up. The guys working in IT to get thinks fixed have other priorities right now.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: jakalofnaar.1702

jakalofnaar.1702

My biggest gripe with this….being in the EU timezones, I will only be able to experience this content a day later now, because it’s released in the late evening (GMT+2), and because of the issues, it’s now 23:59 and I still haven’t been able to see any of the Edge of the Mists. Kinda wasted my entire evening now waiting :P

in The Edge of the Mists

saventis.1485

keep up the good work!

It’s done when it’s done.
continuous asking for progress won’t speed anything up. The guys working in IT to get thinks fixed have other priorities right now.

Yes but im sure its a reasonable question.
Not only that but that question hasn’t been asked in at least an hour.
surely asking some community manager how long it could possibly take, also would not slow down the process, as its “the guys working in IT” who are fixing it.

Just wanted an update since there hasnt been one for over an hour.
Reasonable request.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Mark Katzbach

Previous

Mark Katzbach

Content Marketing Manager

Next

My biggest gripe with this….being in the EU timezones, I will only be able to experience this content a day later now, because it’s released in the late evening (GMT+2), and because of the issues, it’s now 23:59 and I still haven’t been able to see any of the Edge of the Mists. Kinda wasted my entire evening now waiting :P

We’re sorry for the inconvenience. Our team is working as fast as they can to fix the issues and get WvW and EoTM back up and running.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Phi Is Sly.1857

Phi Is Sly.1857

Just turn the dam servers off and on -.-

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: jakalofnaar.1702

jakalofnaar.1702

We’re sorry for the inconvenience. Our team is working as fast as they can to fix the issues and get WvW and EoTM back up and running.

Hehe, thanks for the reply! I should probably get some sleep anyway, been running Wurm till late in the night the past few days xD

Hope your team gets it sorted soon though

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Dengar.1785

Dengar.1785

Won’t giving the world an exact ETA of when the map will be back just invite the same thing to happen all over again?

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Sarie.1630

Sarie.1630

Probably best to make sure they’re actually plugged in to start with.

It’s all well and good saying “we’re working on it…”, but that really says nothing. Is it worth me waiting up for a few hours or will it take you guys all night? More to the point, I could ask why these kind of problems still happen but that’s just going to make me sound like a broken record.

Won’t giving the world an exact ETA of when the map will be back just invite the same thing to happen all over again?

It will, which is why I’d like to have seen either:

“Wont be long now guys.”
or
“This one’s gonna be an all-nighter.”

Suitably vague, but lets you know whether it’s worth just giving up and going to bed.

in The Edge of the Mists

saventis.1485

not after an exact time just more like will it be within an hour or the next few hours ya know

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

Probably best to make sure they’re actually plugged in to start with.

It’s all well and good saying “we’re working on it…”, but that really says nothing. Is it worth me waiting up for a few hours or will it take you guys all night? More to the point, I could ask why these kind of problems still happen but that’s just going to make me sound like a broken record.

I would plan on it taking them all night.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: FreekPalmer.2839

FreekPalmer.2839

I would love the Idea of Roy and Moss from the IT crowd working for you guys.
This is totally happening:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2Ph8zwpNyI

Zipp Tinker
https://www.youtube.com/zipptinker
For my latest Videos and Builds

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Treborlavok.3504

Treborlavok.3504

lmao what a joke…

Sylvari Engi- Wait! Don’t leaf!
Asura Ele- Sir Im afraid youre short. Why is it always short jokes. No, youre short on the bill.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

Thats just plain stupid.
Everyone is being thrown out, going to spam login at the same time (prolly breaking it straight away) and if they get in spamming the eotm map.

I think the only solution is to wait till tonight (Arenanet night) so the stress is gone away and they can reboot things properly. They really goofed up on the 2 hour maintanance. making sure everyone was spamming the button to enter at the same time.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Payne.1250

Payne.1250

they took one month to “polish their updates” like they said ….
seriously, i can’t imagine what could be the result without this

so many beta test, so many time taken, and nothing work when the update is here, this is truly awesome

/grumpycat off

[TSS] Tequatl Slayer Squad

#TeamAmber

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: deathTouch.9706

deathTouch.9706

Anet is just following the 2014 general guidelines to being a good game developer: take inordinate amounts of time to supposedly “test” something then release said content in a state that is so broken it not only prevents people from accessing it, but spills over into the entirety of the game by, for example, preventing them from even logging into the game in general.

V deathTouch V – Warrior
STD [Scarlet Gave Me Harpies]
Maguuma