EotM = "Skyhammer hotjoin on steroids"

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

I don’t know how many complaints I have seen on these very forums about how the only thing to run is zerker and it needs to change and then they give control builds a place to shine on skyhammer and eotm and everyone freaks out. I think it’s utterly brilliant. Placement and positioning are king for this map and I think it’s a wonderful change from just pressing buttons.

Make up your mind fickle player base. Do you just mindlessly want to spam buttons?

I am beginning to think the player base at large just wants to whine about anything.

No one has ever said zerker is the only thing to run in sPvP or WvW.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

I don’t know how many complaints I have seen on these very forums about how the only thing to run is zerker and it needs to change and then they give control builds a place to shine on skyhammer and eotm and everyone freaks out. I think it’s utterly brilliant. Placement and positioning are king for this map and I think it’s a wonderful change from just pressing buttons.

Make up your mind fickle player base. Do you just mindlessly want to spam buttons?

I am beginning to think the player base at large just wants to whine about anything.

No one has ever said zerker is the only thing to run in sPvP or WvW.

Agree. Some people think that exaggeration is a viable debate tactic.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: The Spiral King.2483

The Spiral King.2483

I’m actually enjoying the new map because of this. I’ve been pushed and pulled off a number of times, and I’ve dished out the same. It’s fun as hell. The map has a different feel to the normal WvW maps, which is a good thing.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Phi Is Sly.1857

Phi Is Sly.1857

This map has been made for the op condition classes, necro, eng and mesmer. Its bad, its imblanced, conidtion damge needs to be sorted.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Morfedel.4165

Morfedel.4165

Sorry, naysayers, I love it! My ONLY issue is that they need more waypoints, or something. Maybe allow revive orbs to work heh

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Vael Victus.2654

Vael Victus.2654

Could use more waypoints and a little more care from players. Other than that I’m having a good time.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Honestly, I just think the game needs more access to stability.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

All professions have stability access and a stunbreaker. This is just pure ignorance.

The actual “pure ignorance” is pretending there aren’t MASSIVE differences in the number, duration and ease of use of stability and stunbreakers across professions.

I have no reason at all to bring my mesmer to this map. The stability is from a mantra and you need to be traited for them to be terribly effective. On the other is my warrior. I can place 3 utilities and an elite that all give stability.

Oh, I have fun there on my mesmer. Instead of being the one that needs stability, try being the reason the other guy needs it. Focus 4, Great Sword, so many ways to put the laws of gravity to the test.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

Also, while you’re falling, if you can click the waypoint fast enough you should actually survive…

#TeamJadeQuarry

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

Cool map, but all those walkways and platforms are going to get old quickly and for the same reasons.

The lack of waypoints also makes for a LOT of boring run time every time you die.

The narrow walkways with no rails are probably designed to be anti zerg. All it takes is a few players with knockbacks and fear to cull some of the zerg. I’d say those choke points are tactical. Its definitely not the same as skyhammer.

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Fafnir.5124

Fafnir.5124

Edge of the mist is a map where Anet can experiment with WvW implementations before they put it in WvW without it effecting WvW seasons and matches. I expect edge of the mist to change very dramatically over time with updates they add. Very dramatic changes can be made to WvW fighting mechanisms ladders. Defensive weapons for towers and keeps bows with barrages and massive aoes so few defenders can finally defend against a zerg and was give legitimist advantages in fights.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Also, while you’re falling, if you can click the waypoint fast enough you should actually survive…

Not when you are in combat mode you can’t.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Handin.4032

Handin.4032

I’m not sure if its been said, but if you take other keeps, you gain their WP’s (without having to upgrade!)

I’m not sure if the people who are complaining about lack of WPs are new to WvW, since normally on BLs you have a lot less access to WP’s unless you pay for the upgrades and hold the keeps.

My guild had a lot of fun running in it for a training night. The bridges and terrain imo give some really fun fights, though yes it can be frustrating. But almost all push/pull/knockback skills can be dodged. Most of the time I pull people off on my mesmer is because I lay the temporal curtain and they stay standing next to an edge or right on it instead of moving across the bridge away from it.

TC Golden Dolyak – [DOLY]
Mesmer – FURY
Rank 55 – Bunker Engi, Top 300

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Bad Element.4613

Bad Element.4613

Old wvw maps… they’re boring. No one is forcing you to go here, or there. “Hardcore Players” on dying servers complaining because they lose some of their zerg… lol.

To me, this is a step toward what World Vs World Vs World can really be. Haters gonna hate.

(edited by Bad Element.4613)

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Cool map, but all those walkways and platforms are going to get old quickly and for the same reasons.

The lack of waypoints also makes for a LOT of boring run time every time you die.

I thought this was really awesome because unlike in normal WvW, pushbacks and such are critically important?

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Forestgreen.7981

Forestgreen.7981

Way to big map for only 2 WP’s. After several wipes you’re just tired to waste time on runnin.

^This.

The 2 WP’s are far to close together as well.

Its boring spending 95% of the time running from A to B to C, only to miss the fight completely most of the time.

If they only wanted 2 WP’s, should have put 1 at spawn other near centre.

I hope to god A-net doesn’t take your “concerns” seriously but the point to EoTM isn’t to kamikaze and zombie back into the fray. If you’re dying that often you need to reflect on what your doing wrong.

The waypoints are there to first aid players reclaiming their keep and also distance it from the main parts of the map to encourage people to spread out. The map itself has various areas for large groups of players, the middle and lower areas for smaller teams to move about backcapping etc.

At the same time with the ability to blow up bridges let small man teams kill a group of mindless zergging or cc them off choke points.

My only complaint is the seigeraizer bug where he is invulnerable and sitting on the enemy capture circle.