Living (Story) in a Griefer's Paradise?

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

This thread -is- taking it up with ANet. That’s why it’s here.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

At least .. it will make all those players that constantly want open-world PvP happy..

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

I just had a scary thought… I hope they don’t plan to use this to permit PK raids on other server’s PvE maps.

My concern:
We are supposed to go into EOTM to defeat aetherblades. So it seems logical that opposing player’s character models will be changed to Aetherblade models for the duration. Enemy players will be playing the part of Scarlet’s minions.

Scarlet’s documentation suggests an attack on Lion’s Arch.

Now I am not suggesting that Anet plans to allow PKing in regular LA, but on other maps who knows?

I don’t like where this is going, if my assumptions are correct.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

You say griefing, we say war.

WvW players get poor loot and are forced into content they often don’t like just to get the very weapons they fight with. Long have we been the second class citizens of guildwars 2 and when content is added for us, its usually when something (orbs, quaggans) is taken away.

WvW keeps this game alive. The transfer fees paid by wvw guild migration are considerable and as structured-pvp is rapidly dieing out, wvw is where the pvp side of this game is headed. When Wildstar comes out, WvW will be what holds this game together, or what sinks it if a better home for us is offered. Its about time we got some kudos for the things we do to keep the pve side of the game alive.

So I say unto those venturing into the edge of the mists – come armed and come determined enough that when you fall, you get back up and you hunt out the one who felled you so that you can drive him or her from the mists and into the hands of Grenth himself.

The time to ignore us is over – you`re in our world now.

You have to be a terrible player if you go after easy targets instead of the challenging ones.

Nope. Am a greedy player

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

I just had a scary thought… I hope they don’t plan to use this to permit PK raids on other server’s PvE maps.

My concern:
We are supposed to go into EOTM to defeat aetherblades. So it seems logical that opposing player’s character models will be changed to Aetherblade models for the duration. Enemy players will be playing the part of Scarlet’s minions.

Scarlet’s documentation suggests an attack on Lion’s Arch.

Now I am not suggesting that Anet plans to allow PKing in regular LA, but on other maps who knows?

I don’t like where this is going, if my assumptions are correct.

Wow, I Haven’t though of that but that would be so awesome !!!!!!!!!!!

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Thalador.4218

Thalador.4218

Personally, I think the devs should be banned for writing Scarlet into the game. That’s the most hard-core player griefing ever. They’ve personally attacked every player that purchased their game.

;-)

Lol. This post by far makes the most sense in this thread. /Hands out Daily Internet Winner card to Phyxius

Scarlet’s Alliance Wars (a.k.a. “Guild Wars 2”)
A fantasy of sci-fi cyborg implants grafted into the desiccated flesh of Guild Wars’ corpse.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

You say griefing, we say war.

WvW players get poor loot and are forced into content they often don’t like just to get the very weapons they fight with. Long have we been the second class citizens of guildwars 2 and when content is added for us, its usually when something (orbs, quaggans) is taken away.

WvW keeps this game alive. The transfer fees paid by wvw guild migration are considerable and as structured-pvp is rapidly dieing out, wvw is where the pvp side of this game is headed. When Wildstar comes out, WvW will be what holds this game together, or what sinks it if a better home for us is offered. Its about time we got some kudos for the things we do to keep the pve side of the game alive.

So I say unto those venturing into the edge of the mists – come armed and come determined enough that when you fall, you get back up and you hunt out the one who felled you so that you can drive him or her from the mists and into the hands of Grenth himself.

The time to ignore us is over – you`re in our world now.

You have to be a terrible player if you go after easy targets instead of the challenging ones.

I remember that argument from WoW whenever world PvP took place.

Rule of thumb is, has been and will always be:
“If it’s red, it’s dead”.

(edited by FenrirSlakt.3692)

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Darkbattlemage.9612

Darkbattlemage.9612

The time to ignore us is over

Why not direct this to the people who make the game instead?

Because that would require an large amount of effort on their part, and there actually no guarantee their efforts would be successful. It is far easier simply to harass the PvE players that will come into WvW intending to complete the content, just like it easier for many of us PvE Players to argue with the PvP Players on the forums.

Now with that said I have to admit several of the PvP players have made excellent arguments. Their community is always the one ignored when it comes to new content. There is no rule that forbids them from killing a PvE player that wanders into their territory, although I won’t be surprise the situation escalates enough that such a rule is implemented. Also since the risks of pursuing the content has been clearly stated to the community as a whole those PvE players who are killed have no one to blame except for themselves.

I’m the Asura Elementalist that stole all your cookies, well except the oatmeal ones.
Chaos always finds a way, who you think Evil learned it from?

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

This could actually be worse than many of the PvE players know. Do we have a list of the achievements yet? Do we know if keep takeovers will be needed? To get the achievement points in the main keep of the other servers?

For the next 2 weeks there isn’t going to be much night capping or off-hours where you might be able to organize a golem rush to grab those achievement points. It’s not like you’re going to be able to “come back later” when they are bored from camping the EB jumping puzzle.

This could be one seriously long drawn out fight for achievement points, not that most WvW players care.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

This won’t end well.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Why are some of you so scared of being killed or ganked? It happens all the time in wvw and guess what, besides the repair bill nothing happens.
It’s pretty easy not to get ganked, dont go solo just group up. Lots of people from either wvw servers or pve groups that will protect you. Who knows you might learn a trick or two when fighting a not stationery foe.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: VincentDW.9376

VincentDW.9376

Why are some of you so scared of being killed or ganked? It happens all the time in wvw and guess what, besides the repair bill nothing happens.
It’s pretty easy not to get ganked, dont go solo just group up. Lots of people from either wvw servers or pve groups that will protect you. Who knows you might learn a trick or two when fighting a not stationery foe.

There is nothing wrong with killing, or even ganking for that matter. The problem lies when those are used as tools for the purpose of preventing other players from completing content that is not inherently PvP content.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Yes, the difference lies in a sometimes fine line between PvPing because you enjoy fighting, and doing it specifically and intentionally to make others unhappy.

I’m fine with losing fights. Me, I keep doing marionette for fun, even when we lose, even though I have the meta, because I enjoy the heck out it. I’ve even enjoyed WvW, one epic time I was on a section of wall that had no way down because the parts to either side were destroyed and the ground covered with opposing zerg, exchanging ranged fire with the enemy, and died a glorious death. What I’m not fine with is when the only point someone has in attacking me at all is to hurt my fun, with no other benefit to them (free bags my rear, I really doubt anyone’s leaping for joy that they got a blue item from killing me).

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: deathTouch.9706

deathTouch.9706

At first I was enraged that more PvE trash content was being introduced into my PvP and I’d have to deal with a massive influx of rallybait on my team.

Then I realized I get to camp PvE objectives and curbstomp people who have no idea how to actually play this game for days/weeks on end while spamming /laugh and jumping on their bodies.

Now I think this patch is going to be great!

V deathTouch V – Warrior
STD [Scarlet Gave Me Harpies]
Maguuma

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Cuddy.6247

Cuddy.6247

If you can’t beat them, join them, quite simple really! Maybe it’s time you pve’ers actually did something for the server you’re playing on.

Yeah, I purchased a game solely so I could contribute to a server’s WvW progression. That’s what I did. Yup.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

I won’t speak for everyone, I can only speak for myself.
It isn’t about fear of being killed or “ganked”.
It is because I find most PvP in GW2 teeth pulling boring!
So why should I play a game mode I don’t like and I potentially lose in game gold?

I’ve gone into WvWvW, I completed my Map on a server that sometimes got curb stomped. I’ve seen the Oceanic players take over maps for us only to lose that progress
because the North Americans were not as coordinated or numerous.

I’ve done the WvWvW gimmick and what do I get for my troubles?
Gold amounts I have absolutely wasted on repairs for not only my armor but upgrades on waypoints and other things within that game. I have a level 7 which I don’t even care if that’s too low or high for some people’s opinions. I have 35 bonus WvWvW chests I’ll never collect because I don’t want to ever go back there again.

So it isn’t about fear, your game mode is not fun to me.
I can sympathize that it has been marginalized in releases.
PvP sounds like it needs some TLC.

Please acknowledge the possibility that some people find it boring and not worth their time.
I’ve done the same to those who detest PvE, I have no rustled jimmies about their disgust.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

(edited by Atlas.9704)

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: losbananas.8674

losbananas.8674

If you can’t beat them, join them, quite simple really! Maybe it’s time you pve’ers actually did something for the server you’re playing on.

Yes, because I’m so thankfull of bonusses that I don’t care about.

Thx thx thx for providing me with something that i neither need or want.
Also, don’t pretend you play WvW to give your server bonusses. You do it because you derive fun from it. So the bonusses are more like an ‘accident de parcours’ then something you strive to achieve.

And when you accidentaly activate a bonus, you deserve no thx for that. If you were to WvW strictly to give bonusses then you would get my thx. But let’s face it, that’s not why you WvW, now is it?

so all the content that was pve only and drove us out of the part of the game we have fun with is cool but asking you to come to our playground is some how bad? Just wondering.

So wait, what are you on about.

What i said is that no WvW’er should go and expect gratitude from strictly pve players for the srv bonusses. If they were to do WvW simply because of the bonusses, then they would be worth of our thx. But they don’t. They play WvW because they like it. If I as a strictly pve player were to unluck server bonusses for our WvW players, then would i be right in expecting thx for it? No.

You are perfectly fine in asking me to come play WvW. I’m perfectly in my right to say no. End of story. All this nonsense about how ppl should thank the benevolence of WvW players who play WvW against their will only to give us bonusses is just silly.
Because they play WvW for the WvW and the fun they derive of it, and not to unlock bonusses for the srv.

Also, how would pve content drive you out of pve. That just makes no sense. Also, why would something mystical that apparantely drove you to play the WvW which you really don’t like convince me of also playing WvW. Poor you, those mean dev’s forcing you to play WvW.

I don’t oppose the implementation of any WvW into the LS. I’m happy for you. But don’t expect me to thank you for giving bonusses by accident. And don’t expect me to take part in this LS. I don’t play WvW because I don’t like it. And these hautain arguments of how thankfull pve players should be to the WvW’ers are just nonsense, and make me resent a part of the community that I so far just ignored, since we never crossed paths.

All this chest beating and ‘bow down to us supreme overlords of PvP’ arguments just provoke one thing in me. Loathing and disrespect.

So by all means, enjoy the new WvW content. Just don’t annoy pve’rs with it or expect thanx for doing exactly that which you enjoy.

(edited by losbananas.8674)

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

This patch will bring back just the same hatred among each other back, that WvW Season 1 with its achievements brought to the game and people, which willingly sabotage their own world to the point, that your Server loses, or just doesn’t perform as good as it could, so that people.

WvW just isn’t made for PvE Achievements and PvE Story.
WvW should be about War between Worlds and nothing else.
There has PvE nothing to seach in between.

I’m just true and admit, I also sabotaged my Server just to get the Achievements, that I wanted/needed, because wouldn’t I have done it, then I wouldn’t have made all of the WvW Season 1 Achievements successfully and I will always do this again whenever needed, until Anet learns it that the recipe of success fro WvW comes fom many other things that should be improved for WvW and not by forcing PvE’er either into WvW or by luring them to WvW with lots of Achievements and Loot/Rewards into that Game Mode.

To me currently WvW is far away from feeling like real wars between worlds, because the game mode in my opinion shows so far only like 25% of the potential that it has.
The other 75% are features and mechanics, that could be improved, which are so far just unused that ANet should set on their top priorrities instead of wasting time and ressources on trying hard to merge PvE with PvP in a way, that nobody interests a slightest bit and that just polarizes both factions of players in a very bad way, that we see just a war of hatred and intolerance arise from it with a factor of playing together only, because something indirectly forces both sides to play together, not because both factions want to play together at all.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: MarzAttakz.9608

MarzAttakz.9608

Also, don’t pretend you play WvW to give your server bonusses. You do it because you derive fun from it. So the bonusses are more like an ‘accident de parcours’ then something you strive to achieve.

And when you accidentaly activate a bonus, you deserve no thx for that. If you were to WvW strictly to give bonusses then you would get my thx. But let’s face it, that’s not why you WvW, now is it?

And what exactly do PVE players bring to anybody but themselves?

We (the WvW community) are forced to play what we do not enjoy – simply to gear ourselves up. We have the worst drop rate and income, the highest running cost for repairs, upgrades and foods, and the least amount of reciprocity from other players and the developers themselves. And the buffs granted to a server are far more beneficial to the PVE community as a whole.

Boycott the content if you like, miss out on your precious achievement points, I honestly do not care.

Yeah, I purchased a game solely so I could contribute to a server’s WvW progression. That’s what I did. Yup.

Except by entering the Edge of the Mists you’ll be contributing absolutely nothing to the score of your server, you may perhaps provide some extra supply.

I love how you all throw your toys out your cots – why don’t you try it out, you may actually find you enjoy it, if not, you lose out on some achievement points and carry on as normal two weeks later.

EDIT…

With them introducing the new mechanic of the map being a pool of all players from a specific colour the chances of you being ganked or griefed are much lower than on the other WvW maps.

It should be as easy as finding an overflow with a decent sized zerg and following the commander tag around, not too different from Champ farming. Yes you’ll lose some fights and have to pay for repairs, but you’ll also win some fights and earn loot, world xp, ranks and achievement points.

YOU KNOW THERE AIN’T NO REST FOR THE WICKED, TILL WE CLOSE OUR EYES FOR GOOD.

Once proud member of Extraordinary Gentlemen [EXG]{DESO4LIFE}

(edited by MarzAttakz.9608)

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Templar.3418

Templar.3418

Someone should create a guild just to deal with the kittens. Gotta protect the people who don’t know how to PvP/WvW that well.

You’d be doing people a service that’s for sure.

I’m sure as hell ready to ruin their day.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: AlecFair.1270

AlecFair.1270

Best way to solve your little problem, Stick to your zerg or ask your guild to help you out and group up in the mists. Also you dont have to worry about being griefed since you are not only with your server and fighting your rival server but you are fighting with other servers against other servers of the same colors. And Anet said you still have marionette to play with if you dont like WvW.

Tarnished Coast – Got mah Toast on. :V
Tizzle Mindwrack – Crazy Asura Lore Keeper of [AARM]

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Axialbloom.8109

Axialbloom.8109

So ‘forcing’ people to do dungeons is fine, but WvW is from the devil?

in The Edge of the Mists

losbananas.8674

We (the WvW community) are forced to play what we do not enjoy – simply to gear ourselves up. We have the worst drop rate and income, the highest running cost for repairs, upgrades and foods, and the least amount of reciprocity from other players and the developers themselves. And the buffs granted to a server are far more beneficial to the PVE community as a whole.

Boycott the content if you like, miss out on your precious achievement points, I honestly do not care.

And another one who doesn’t seem to get it.

I don’t pretend to do anything for anyone. Except give fun to the ppl that i roam around with, while they give me fun. Which is exactly what WvW’ers do, except you do it in another part of the game.

When it comes to WvW drops, repairs and such etc. Yep WvW is indeed forgotten by the devs. Nowhere did I claim that this wasn’t the case, so why bring this up. This has nothing to do with the discussion or with anything I said.

And yes, the buffs are more usefull for pve, did I say otherwise or even hint to the opposite? Nope. Again, why bring up something I didn’t even say?

My comment was simply a response to someone who thinks that pve’ers need to be thankfull to them for the srv buffs they give. I don’t need to be. I don’t care about those buffs at all, and as I’ve said 3 times now, the WvW’ers that WvW just to get these bonusses activated, and not because they love to WvW deserve my thanx. Because their effort is intended to help others. Whereas for 99% WvW’ers having fun is the goal, getting buffs just a result of them having fun. And I don’t blame them one bit, a game is supposed to be played for fun.

Imagine if they implemented buffs coming from pve. If I’d keep doing dungeons because I like them, and they’d give buffs that benefit WvW mostly, then do I have any right to tell you to be thankfull? Nope, I don’t. And that’s all I’m saying. It’s just this misplace mentality of some WvW’ers who think we should herald them as heroes, just for playing a game, just like we do. That pve doesn’t give buffs to WvW, or that those buffs aren’t rly usefull for WvW is not my fault, it’s the devs. For all I care they can remove the buffs altogether or implement their atainability through pve too.

So please read what I write, instead of just adding stuff to it which i never contested or said at all.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: MoS.5970

MoS.5970

There’s no doubt WvW needs more attention given to it. Pushing people into content they would rather not be involved with isn’t the way though. And don’t say “just ignore it”. This update could involve important information Story wise that PvE’ers I would assume would not want to ignore. And the possibility of being denied to experience this because of being pushed into content they don’t want to do/can’t do isn’t right.

The same goes for WvW players being forced to do content they don’t like to get the gear they need for WvW. Not right either. That said though, once the gear is obtained, they just head back to WvW. They don’t miss out on anything they wanted to do (besides more needed attention and updates in general as said).

If people end up actually missing content they would want to witness because of being put into an element of the game they don’t want to be a part of, where other players are intentionally waiting to try and prevent them from experiencing it (as other posters have obviously made clear), it will fuel so much hostility towards the community, the game, and Anet.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Ceridwen.6703

Ceridwen.6703

Hee, I’m kinda looking forward to it. It’s been a few weeks since I was in WvW for map completion, so I might learn something else, it’s true! Or find more entertaining ways to die.

One time, some time ago, I was completely destroyed by a thief in WvW. It was beautiful. I went a made a thief thereafter to discover the joys of the class, and got to 80 very happily. I’ve since deleted it to make way for new things, but I never would have tried it if that one person hadn’t inspired me to do so. I have no idea who there are, but a very very belated thank you for that epic schooling you gave me!

“Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Steve R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn.”

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

We wvw players never asked for this

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Vampirial.9056

Vampirial.9056

And another one who doesn’t seem to get it.

I don’t pretend to do anything for anyone. Except give fun to the ppl that i roam around with, while they give me fun. Which is exactly what WvW’ers do, except you do it in another part of the game.

When it comes to WvW drops, repairs and such etc. Yep WvW is indeed forgotten by the devs. Nowhere did I claim that this wasn’t the case, so why bring this up. This has nothing to do with the discussion or with anything I said.

And yes, the buffs are more usefull for pve, did I say otherwise or even hint to the opposite? Nope. Again, why bring up something I didn’t even say?

My comment was simply a response to someone who thinks that pve’ers need to be thankfull to them for the srv buffs they give. I don’t need to be. I don’t care about those buffs at all, and as I’ve said 3 times now, the WvW’ers that WvW just to get these bonusses activated, and not because they love to WvW deserve my thanx. Because their effort is intended to help others. Whereas for 99% WvW’ers having fun is the goal, getting buffs just a result of them having fun. And I don’t blame them one bit, a game is supposed to be played for fun.

Imagine if they implemented buffs coming from pve. If I’d keep doing dungeons because I like them, and they’d give buffs that benefit WvW mostly, then do I have any right to tell you to be thankfull? Nope, I don’t. And that’s all I’m saying. It’s just this misplace mentality of some WvW’ers who think we should herald them as heroes, just for playing a game, just like we do. That pve doesn’t give buffs to WvW, or that those buffs aren’t rly usefull for WvW is not my fault, it’s the devs. For all I care they can remove the buffs altogether or implement their atainability through pve too.

So please read what I write, instead of just adding stuff to it which i never contested or said at all.

So answer me this, why should LS be tied to PvE and not all parts of the game? Maybe as a WvW player i to would like to enjoy story driven elements. If you shouldn’t have to play WvW to do LS stuff, then i shouldn’t have to do PvE to do LS stuff.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Kitta.3657

Kitta.3657

(inb4 anything I am a PvX player.)
I think there is a very big difference with this situation than the one we were in with the zephyr kite.

Obsidian Sanctum is made to playfully grief other players and it is a very easy place to (spawn)camp thus making it totally inaccessible for PvE players unless they magically get a group of skilled PvP players to help them (haha, try to ask for help for obsidian sanctum in EB [back when this was the only access point], have fun.) or they are lucky enough for it to be empty. Hell, even someone that can/enjoy PvP can easily be spawn camped there.

In the end it was a very poor choice for a PvE achievement and I think they learned from it.

This time though it seems to be simply encouraging players to join without an easy spawn camp or purposely griefing manner. At least I feel PvErs have a way better chance at having access to the content.

The problem isn’t mixing PvE players with WvW/PVP players, it’s the preconceived assumptions that each has for the other, which end up in nasty attitudes all around.

mouth too blunt, truth too loud

in The Edge of the Mists

GuzziHero.2467

So answer me this, why should LS be tied to PvE and not all parts of the game? Maybe as a WvW player i to would like to enjoy story driven elements. If you shouldn’t have to play WvW to do LS stuff, then i shouldn’t have to do PvE to do LS stuff.

Because PvE is accessible to all. For reasons of either disability or computer performance, WvWvW is NOT accessible to all.

in The Edge of the Mists

Vampirial.9056

Because PvE is accessible to all. For reasons of either disability or computer performance, WvWvW is NOT accessible to all.

WvW does not take good computer performance, my terrible laptop can do it no problem. And i have not heard of a non-treatable disability that would prevent you from playing PvP but not PvE.

in The Edge of the Mists

losbananas.8674

WvW does not take good computer performance, my terrible laptop can do it no problem. And i have not heard of a non-treatable disability that would prevent you from playing PvP but not PvE.

This rhetoric is exactly why i loathe MMO pvp communities.

Why would someone who doesn’t want to play pvp have to be disabled.
Why would someone who does play PvP or WvW have any right to feel superior in any way.

And sry m8 WvW is not accessible to all. My pc has no problem with it. If however I play this on my laptop it’s impossible. Unless you see playing at as 2fps whenever a zerg appears playable. So yes, you do need good pc performance to deal with the constant zergs.

It is this testosterone driven, ‘WvW players rule and pve players are just idiots who are scared of anything’-attitude that you can read in this thread over an over which I just don’t wanna be part of. This kittenbag attitude is not something I go looking for in my free time. I had such a kitten phase when i was 14-16, and then I grew up, and realised that it’s fine that ppl don’t like what I like, and that I’m not superior in any way to someone with different aspirations.

Drop your pre-conceptions and just accept that some ppl like WvW and others don’t. And that you aren’t any better for liking WvW. Just different.

Srsly, how old do you have to be to call ppl who don’t like what you like disabled, 12?

Where did I ever say that WvW shouldn’t have story driven elements? And I agree with you that WvW is a forgotten area by the devs, which you would know if you actually read my post. Now how is what you typed a reply to the post I made? How does it even tie into it? Explain this and I’ll happily reply. Untill then I’m tired of seeing quotes of mine with a reply below which doesn’t even link in any way to anything I said. The whole post I made was about this misplaced sense of superiority of some WvW players over pve players. Nothing else.

Did I say that WvW doesn’t deserve a story line? No. So what are you going on about.
The thing is arenanet should just keep the 2 separate, trying to lure ppl into WvW by suddenly transporting the LS which has always been pve into WvW is just not the way to go. Best way to do this is by simply creating a double LS.

By which i mean, that each LS section would be split in 2, and a player would have to choose 1 of them for the achievements, and they would yield the same rewards. In this way, both communities would be served, the coherence of the storyline could be maintained and everyone would be happy. And you can then still participate in both, but you’d only get the AP for one of them. This way, for pve’ers they’d keep the same amount of AP that they can earn in LS, and WvW’ers would be able to gain the same AP but then in the WvW setting. So this way the main winners would be the WvW’ers (well not rly winners, they’ll just get what they should have had from the start).

But this forced mixing of 2 communities with completely different ideas about where the fun is in the game is just doomed to fail.

Now, i’ll just sit back and watch untill someone quotes me again to then place a comment which has nothing to do with the quote itself.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Omnitek.3876

Omnitek.3876

Why do people act like death in this game is such a horrible thing? Oh no!!! You got killed! Bring some guild members/friends and take care of business.

I would say pretend it is a dungeon, but in this game, you run past every enemy, exploit jumping and anything to skip content and finish faster. I guess you find that fun, but most wvw/PvP players dont.

I will sell my zerg services to escort you. Just like people sell dungeon bosses. Lol Karma is a kitten eh?

A L T S
Skritt Happens

in The Edge of the Mists

GuzziHero.2467

Ive got a good idea. If Im forced into PvP, Ill equip my commander tag and take a retinue with me!

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: voidwater.2064

voidwater.2064

Sounds exciting, I’d actually like to see more adversarial LS content (e.g., let me join one of the dragons and fight against the ‘good’ players in their LS stuff).

in The Edge of the Mists

Darkbattlemage.9612

Why do people act like death in this game is such a horrible thing? Oh no!!! You got killed! Bring some guild members/friends and take care of business.

From my observations I would say that why so many PvE players find dying in video games to be a horrible thing is because it wastes time they believe could be better spent. The reason it doesn’t seem to have such an impact on PvP players is because they have just accepted it as a part of the game and simply continue pursuing whatever they were prior to their character’s demise.

I would say pretend it is a dungeon, but in this game, you run past every enemy, exploit jumping and anything to skip content and finish faster. I guess you find that fun, but most wvw/PvP players dont.

How is this behavior different from behavior exhibit in other games? Also I find your claim that most WvW/PvP players don’t use exploits to be lacking evidence.

Of course the PvP community can claim they don’t commit such violations of the code of conduct but can they actually prove it?

The short answer is no they can’t, just like they can’t actually prove that PvE players use such exploits.

I will sell my zerg services to escort you. Just like people sell dungeon bosses. Lol Karma is a kitten eh?

Yes Karma can be a kitten, at times playfully pawing at your fingers while others clawing at your face. I know the sentence is a result of the filter but I couldn’t resist making a comment about it.

On a random silly note, what if Scarlet Briar has somehow escaped the confines of the game and now is causing havoc in the real world. The force alliance of PvE and PvP players seem to be something she would do. Perhaps she wants to create a Zerg so massive it causes the Servers to accidentally lose data, such as the Pale Tree.

I’m the Asura Elementalist that stole all your cookies, well except the oatmeal ones.

in The Edge of the Mists

Vampirial.9056

This rhetoric is exactly why i loathe MMO pvp communities.

Why would someone who doesn’t want to play pvp have to be disabled.
Why would someone who does play PvP or WvW have any right to feel superior in any way.

And sry m8 WvW is not accessible to all. My pc has no problem with it. If however I play this on my laptop it’s impossible. Unless you see playing at as 2fps whenever a zerg appears playable. So yes, you do need good pc performance to deal with the constant zergs.

i never said anything about someone not wanting to play pvp means they are disabled. That was a reason brought up by a PvE person, and is a reason that no one should claim.

As for computer performance, my laptop only cost about $200 last year. It is a terrible laptop for gaming. When was the last time you tried WvW. If this was summer of last year i would agree with you. But the last few months i went from high lag and low frame rates, to no lag and near perfect frame rates 100% of the time. Also EoTM is supposed to cater to smaller groups and solo WvW players. So lag during big zergs shouldn’t be an issue anyways.

I’m not gonna say you should be forced to play WvW. I’m just saying that people need to accept that not playing all elements of the game means you are gonna miss out on things.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

You ever been stuck at your spawn because the other team has 100 players and yours has 50?

in The Edge of the Mists

losbananas.8674

As for computer performance, my laptop only cost about $200 last year. It is a terrible laptop for gaming. When was the last time you tried WvW. If this was summer of last year i would agree with you. But the last few months i went from high lag and low frame rates, to no lag and near perfect frame rates 100% of the time. Also EoTM is supposed to cater to smaller groups and solo WvW players. So lag during big zergs shouldn’t be an issue anyways.

I played WvW on it about a month ago in WvW on my laptop when my pc decided to transform itself temporarily in a 1.3k euro machine that goes ‘beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep’. It’s a 400euro 2 yr old laptop on which i played it. And it simply doesn’t work on it. Yes i can run around perfectly, untill a zerg pops up, after that I’m just watching a slideshow and blindly throwing around skills because targetting any specific target it simply impossible. (hence doing this with an ele focussing on aoe makes sense :p) So pls don’t go claiming that any laptop can handle zergs. It’s simply not true. (and yes, all graph options on the laptop are tuned to minimum system usage).

The main problem with Guildwars2 is that it doesn’t allow for enough customisation in the graphics settings. Which is good for decent comps, but on lower end laptops there need to be more graphical settings which can be turned off, instead of just being put into ‘low’. Especially the ‘shadow’ option, which is always a resource hog. And which can be turned of in pretty much any game (they are non essential anyways).

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

When I’m in Obsidian Sanctum, I always observe an unofficial truce with enemy players in there unless I’m attacked first. Yes, OBS was ostensibly designed in such a way such that players can use traps etc. to frustrate enemy players trying to reach the end, but there’s also player etiquette in making sure that the players in there are actually up for it.

If you don’t believe that, or adhere to the “this is WvW! If it’s red, it’s dead!” line of thinking, go into the Arena and start attacking duelling combatants. See how popular that will make you.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

When I’m in Obsidian Sanctum, I always observe an unofficial truce with enemy players in there unless I’m attacked first. Yes, OBS was ostensibly designed in such a way such that players can use traps etc. to frustrate enemy players trying to reach the end, but there’s also player etiquette in making sure that the players in there are actually up for it.

Yes, that is the default situation. At the time anet decided to put in OS Zephyrite/Aetherblade achievements it looked significantly diffeent, however. The Sanctum was full of people that came there just to camp the top of the well/menagerie and kill everyone trying to make it through the JP. And in case some of the big guilds appeared to enforce the truce, there were people that specifically tried to make it fail.
In those weeks in Obsidian i have seen more hate in the game than everywhere else since the launch (including teq/wum/marionette events).
Mixing PvE people with WvW crowd is just highly destructive for the community.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in The Edge of the Mists

Darkbattlemage.9612

In those weeks in Obsidian i have seen more hate in the game than everywhere else since the launch (including teq/wum/marionette events).

Have they surpass the hatred exhibit during the Queen’s Jubilee/Gauntlet?

in The Edge of the Mists

Astralporing.1957

Have they surpass the hatred exhibit during the Queen’s Jubilee/Gauntlet?

Yes. By far.

Actions, not words.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Finale.5281

Finale.5281

Of course!
Dungeons just give faster income, a bevy of achievements not available elsewhere, unique skins, and predictable scripted content! People should love being forced to do it!
;)

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

Of course!
Dungeons just give faster income, a bevy of achievements not available elsewhere, unique skins, and predictable scripted content! People should love being forced to do it!
;)

….and npcs dont mind getting exploited as punching\loot bags cause thats sorta their job.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Finale.5281

Finale.5281

It seems anet has decided that wages (in the form of achievement points/storyline) in this particular case are to be earned via a job involving exploring a player combat zone. Nobody is forcing anyone to take said job, though anet can entice people. In the end people have to decide for themselves whether the potential remuneration is worth it. Certainly not a food-on-the-table situation.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Monoman.2068

Monoman.2068

I might come back to gws with a few friends just to find the people camping these achievements and gank the living day light out of them. My dance button will have it’s letter worn out by the end of this.

Laviere – Hybrid Wellomancer
Makonne – Hybrid Regen Ranger

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Arkanaloth.3059

Arkanaloth.3059

Opposition isn’t the same thing as griefing.

Then we need a new term for people who enjoy killing players who have no interest in player-to-player combat.

Queuing up for WvW is proof that you have interest in player to player combat. If you truly have no interest, you wouldn’t have clicked on the button that takes you there.

nahh… it’s unfortunate that you have to go to WvW zones to get world completion, I assure you when i was getting my world completion I had zero interest in player to player combat.

course.. there’s no way for you to know that since it is a PVP zone, so it’s not like I hold any player in said zone responsible for impeding my progress, that’s how the developers designed it. patience is really all it took.

“Does my server have 100% zone control? No… ok not going today.”

and doing that, and waiting… I got zone completion, only took about a year… but it’s done and I never have to do it again.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Omnitek.3876

Omnitek.3876

You ever been stuck at your spawn because the other team has 100 players and yours has 50?

Yes. Do you know, every single current WvW spawn has 3 exits? Use one of the other 2.

Simple. As. That.

A L T S
Skritt Happens

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Bad Element.4613

Bad Element.4613

Nothing gives me more pleasure in this game than unstealthing, activating FEAR ME, and watching some enemy invader splat along the backside of Obsidian Sanctum’s final staircase. I’ve done this while repping CULT, PDoX, and KoME for anyone interested in what the number of the truck that hit you there… whether my allies approve of my actions or not. You guys know that I dont even get a kill credit for it that way, no xp or drop if all i do is fear you off th eside? Likewise, there have been many other enemy guilds, such as DFND or Crimethink, to which I have massive amounts of love and loathing for being the only opponents to give me a run for my money. Ive been camping the puzzle for Crystal Desert since launch and the number of ppl griefed HARDCORE are probably in the quadruple digits by now.

SWIM had OVER 20 THOUSAND Badges of Honor by the time the Wallet was introduced… and he doesnt zerg at all. All of it just running the puzzle on all 8 characters once per day (8×6:00 = almost an hour a day not counting the time spent camping when necessary.) Since the change to the chest, we only run one character per day… if that gives the softies any comfort! <3

IF there is no room to grief enemies, I’ll be extremely disappointed. You come to the Obsidian Sanctum, you’d better be prepared for a challenge. Hopefully starting soon these types of mindgames, duels, ambushes, etc will be revitalized.

Edge of the Mists? Bring it on. Ill still be rocking my Fire Dragon Sword and Mad Memories: Complete Edition… Lets have some fun!

(edited by Bad Element.4613)

in The Edge of the Mists

Astralporing.1957

Yes. Do you know, every single current WvW spawn has 3 exits?

Obsidian Sanctum during the first Living Story Elements in WvW debacle did not have alternate entrances. You were saying?

IF there is no room to grief enemies, I’ll be extremely disappointed.

And people like that are the perfect example why mixing PvE and PvP is a very bad idea. Some people are there not to have challenge, but to just grief others. Giving them an opportunity to do so is never good.

Actions, not words.

(edited by Astralporing.1957)