Living (Story) in a Griefer's Paradise?

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Finale.5281

Finale.5281

Some people are there not to have challenge, but to just grief others. Giving them an opportunity to do so is never good.

His opinion is as valid as yours, though.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Maybe, but is that the kind of behaviour ANet wants to encourage in their game? I’d say no; stuff like players not being able to deny each other harvesting nodes, not being able to see the names of enemy players in WvW, or shutting down the Match-Up forums because it got “too toxic” all tell me so. They want to see robust and spirited competition, yes, but they also want it to remain a “gentleman’s game”. Out and out griefing for its own sake is something they frown on in general.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: KyreneZA.8617

KyreneZA.8617

Oh the fearful bleating of the sheep is music to my ears!

Been griefed, been the griefer. Then again, I know I’m not such a unique snowflake that ArenaNet has to cater to all my needs, and have enjoyed almost all parts of the game they offer once I understood that. Perhaps this LS just isn’t for those poor souls so faint-of-heart that they have to fill this subforum with their doomsday proclamations. Don’t have the quads to strive for the prize, then you don’t deserve the prize, dear generic snowflake.

Recently returned to…
Aurora Glade some random MegaServer™, always being asked to volunteer for that buff…
Ranger | Necromancer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

You say griefing, we say war.

WvW players get poor loot and are forced into content they often don’t like just to get the very weapons they fight with. Long have we been the second class citizens of guildwars 2 and when content is added for us, its usually when something (orbs, quaggans) is taken away.

WvW keeps this game alive. The transfer fees paid by wvw guild migration are considerable and as structured-pvp is rapidly dieing out, wvw is where the pvp side of this game is headed. When Wildstar comes out, WvW will be what holds this game together, or what sinks it if a better home for us is offered. Its about time we got some kudos for the things we do to keep the pve side of the game alive.

So I say unto those venturing into the edge of the mists – come armed and come determined enough that when you fall, you get back up and you hunt out the one who felled you so that you can drive him or her from the mists and into the hands of Grenth himself.

The time to ignore us is over – you`re in our world now.

And im perfectly happy with that as long as you got nothing to say nor object about in profession based balance issues, block our rifles and rocks and gunk if you will from usage and faff around with damage on your silly little toy forts, but dont touch the weapons of real men in spvp and pve, a true compromise at its fines~

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

I’m far from being a good PvP player, I get killed a lot yet still enjoy myself. People just need to not take their deaths seriously, laugh it off and get back out there.

Its just like The Dragon Ball Arena, Sanctum Sprint, Southsun Survival, Keg Brawl, Snowball Mayhem… all are pvp places outside of WvW and Spvp.

I think this is a great idea from Anet, it might open a few eyes to those that never considered pvp to be fun. If they still don’t like it a couple of weeks isn’t going to ruin the entire game for them.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

I’m far from being a good PvP player, I get killed a lot yet still enjoy myself. People just need to not take their deaths seriously, laugh it off and get back out there.

Its just like The Dragon Ball Arena, Sanctum Sprint, Southsun Survival, Keg Brawl, Snowball Mayhem… all are pvp places outside of WvW and Spvp.

I think this is a great idea from Anet, it might open a few eyes to those that never considered pvp to be fun. If they still don’t like it a couple of weeks isn’t going to ruin the entire game for them.

couple of weeks huh? Yea great idea.. know what? Lets actually put you a couple of weeks into a game mode\place you dont like…as best somewhere where people can grief or zerk the living kitten outta you and you got as best zero experience in what you do, and after the couple of weeks comes the question. Still like it? No? Thought it was fun. Come on its just a game and fun time. Dying is amazing.. specially if you fight organised people who know exactly what, where and when to do it to slowly twist your cheerfull smile to a distorted face of despair and self doubt till you simply quit the game cause you really just dont like this way to play or just the need to rebuild your entire char just to survive.

I know i am not a rare snowflake here when i say that i left a LOT of mmo games that pretty much allowed pvp at any given time, specially when not asked for it. Middle of a quest? Nope buddy.. you gonna get a nice little enema with my sword and i gonna wait here.. you will come back cause that quest is over there and you gotta go either this way.. or the other ways where the rest of us waits.

That out of the way…

The new map for wvw looks amazing and seems to be a lot of fun, wvw guys.. really have fun with it. You needed something new for once, some breath of fresh air and nice new surroundings to play in and enjoy yourself. Hey maybe they even cranked up the loot drops for you guys

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

I can only pray that I am wrong about this, but I fear that we are on the cusp of seeing the worst griefing that this game has seen since launch. The recipe for this is simple: limited-time objective + ability to kill other players who have no interest in fighting and just want to complete that objective = griefing on an unprecedented scale.

First of all, how is that griefing?
People are … PvPing. In an open PvP map? How is that… anything of importance? You know, that’s sort of what the map is there for.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

couple of weeks huh? Yea great idea.. know what? Lets actually put you a couple of weeks into a game mode\place you dont like…as best somewhere where people can grief or zerk the living kitten outta you and you got as best zero experience in what you do, and after the couple of weeks comes the question. Still like it? No? Thought it was fun. Come on its just a game and fun time. Dying is amazing.. specially if you fight organised people who know exactly what, where and when to do it to slowly twist your cheerfull smile to a distorted face of despair and self doubt till you simply quit the game cause you really just dont like this way to play or just the need to rebuild your entire char just to survive.

Ever played quake? Not a mmo but pvp, 1/1 or team was very popular. Going up against top Swedish and German players and teams was not something you would win. Ever. These guys played the 100k tourneys round the world. And still it was kitten fun to play against them because you will get better and once in a while you will kill them.
I do not think that winning is the only way to have fun, putting up a good fight is way more important for me.
From all the complaints on this forum I just see one thing, people affraid to die in the game and on top of that you get corpsedanced or something similar.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

From all the complaints on this forum I just see one thing, people affraid to die in the game and on top of that you get corpsedanced or something similar.

But even then, that happens in a negligible amount of cases. On a whole GW2 players are crazy friendly, probably a result of how the entire game always coerces you to work together and never mind the other allies.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: zamalek.2154

zamalek.2154

griefing on an unprecedented scale.

It’s going to be so much fun.

We’ve already seen this sort of thing happen with WvW jumping puzzles.

While the WvWers had no problem completing the JPs.

This funnels a constant stream of victims to the griefers, and removes the option to wait for them to go away.

I only victimize people who complain instead of adapting to their environment. There is a trick to not getting knocked off puzzles and generally griefed. I’ll give you the first hint that will lead you to this treasure, for free: ask how to avoid being griefed in map chat. You’re welcome. Also,

removes the option to wait for them to go away.

Wrong.

what information is available so far I am very, very concerned excited.

FTFY.

/signed PvE/WvW/PvP player.

Keep in mind from the WvW perspective you were griefing us – maps filled with PvEers doing JPs while we were losing PPT; you would disappear after you had access to the key/AP then would supply no further contribution to the podium finish (but would still earn the prize). Who is the actual griefer?

Auroraglade
Epistemic.8013: Guys this is bullkitten a sentient plant creature is hitting these
wooden doors with fireballs and it’s working

(edited by zamalek.2154)

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

_Keep in mind from the WvW perspective you were griefing us – maps filled with PvEers doing JPs while we were losing PPT;

By that time Obsidian didn’t count for population limit anymore, you know. And the griefings happened even on servers with no queues at all. And the griefers didn’t intend to help their own side in WvW even a tiny bit – that’s not why they were there at all.
So no, who was the actual griefer is pretty obvious.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in The Edge of the Mists

zamalek.2154

By that time Obsidian didn’t count for population limit anymore, you know.

By that time there were still JPs on the borders, you know. Also a queue backed up with players waiting to get into the JP is still ultimately a queue, you know? (The option to enter OS directly only came at the end of the season)

And the griefings happened even on servers with no queues at all.

That’s a leap of faith right there. Got any metrics to back that up? I would very much like to see the player engagement statistics involving “JP griefing;” it would very likely give me more ammunition against bad, or in this case out of context, arguments.

And the griefers didn’t intend to help their own side in WvW even a tiny bit

Did you ask them? The irony of the matter is that griefers on JPs helps all sides in WvW.

I would also like to hear your opinion on the matter regarding not fully contributing to the rewards that you likely earned.

Auroraglade
Epistemic.8013: Guys this is bullkitten a sentient plant creature is hitting these

(edited by zamalek.2154)

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

Ever played quake? Not a mmo but pvp, 1/1 or team was very popular. Going up against top Swedish and German players and teams was not something you would win. Ever. These guys played the 100k tourneys round the world. And still it was kitten fun to play against them because you will get better and once in a while you will kill them.
I do not think that winning is the only way to have fun, putting up a good fight is way more important for me.
[/quote]

Loosing a fair game is fair play, thats out of question and this CAN be fun. MY issue are people who get their kitten if they can dominate others in “unfair” (if i may use that word for the moment) ways… such as spawn killers, strategic point campers and zerks that specifically target small groups or single players that got no chance in hell or heaven to take anything…ANYTHING away cept a bruised kitten and probably verbal humiliation or just plain simple class racism that i experience almost everyday due beeing an engineer and liking it..but thats a different theme. You can be as good as you want you CANT stand a chance against tactics like this. Specially if you are not even familiar with the concept of wvw like many people are belive it or not. I am familiar with quake actually.. and i enjoyed it a lot so i can say that its a little bit out of place to compare it to gw2…what not means gw2 isnt fun or stuff. The issue with this comparison is that quake is a shooter and follows shooter rules. I cant just headshot you with my (back in the days) impressive rail gun aim in gw and then use the next bumper to jump the next enemie with the shotgun into the face…but i do get the point and you are certainly not wrong at all. Not gonna blow your mind if i say i utterly suck in pvp related stuff and i gladly avoid it cause it simply clashes way too much with my way to play my engineer and the game in general. Im sure wvw in general can be a lot of fun (maybe not to me personally) but “dirty” tactics that specially aim to humiliate others are not fun…cept you are the one who does it and you get your kitten through that.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Samhayn.2385

Samhayn.2385

If you can’t beat them, join them, quite simple really! Maybe it’s time you pve’ers actually did something for the server you’re playing on.

Yes, because I’m so thankfull of bonusses that I don’t care about.

Thx thx thx for providing me with something that i neither need or want.
Also, don’t pretend you play WvW to give your server bonusses. You do it because you derive fun from it. So the bonusses are more like an ‘accident de parcours’ then something you strive to achieve.

And when you accidentaly activate a bonus, you deserve no thx for that. If you were to WvW strictly to give bonusses then you would get my thx. But let’s face it, that’s not why you WvW, now is it?

so all the content that was pve only and drove us out of the part of the game we have fun with is cool but asking you to come to our playground is some how bad? Just wondering.

So wait, what are you on about.

What i said is that no WvW’er should go and expect gratitude from strictly pve players for the srv bonusses. If they were to do WvW simply because of the bonusses, then they would be worth of our thx. But they don’t. They play WvW because they like it. If I as a strictly pve player were to unluck server bonusses for our WvW players, then would i be right in expecting thx for it? No.

You are perfectly fine in asking me to come play WvW. I’m perfectly in my right to say no. End of story. All this nonsense about how ppl should thank the benevolence of WvW players who play WvW against their will only to give us bonusses is just silly.
Because they play WvW for the WvW and the fun they derive of it, and not to unlock bonusses for the srv.

Also, how would pve content drive you out of pve. That just makes no sense. Also, why would something mystical that apparantely drove you to play the WvW which you really don’t like convince me of also playing WvW. Poor you, those mean dev’s forcing you to play WvW.

I don’t oppose the implementation of any WvW into the LS. I’m happy for you. But don’t expect me to thank you for giving bonusses by accident. And don’t expect me to take part in this LS. I don’t play WvW because I don’t like it. And these hautain arguments of how thankfull pve players should be to the WvW’ers are just nonsense, and make me resent a part of the community that I so far just ignored, since we never crossed paths.

All this chest beating and ‘bow down to us supreme overlords of PvP’ arguments just provoke one thing in me. Loathing and disrespect.

So by all means, enjoy the new WvW content. Just don’t annoy pve’rs with it or expect thanx for doing exactly that which you enjoy.

no, I’m strictly a WvW.player and find it annoying that if I really want to get any of the LS stuff done I absolutely need to pve. Yet I deal with it, I understand that pve is always a big selling point in an mmo and a bite my tongue and go kill a giant mechanical hooker. What gets to me now is people are so mad at the fact the this part of the LS is pvp driven and complain to no end with out stepping back and seeing that very little has been done for wvw and that maybe we need to spread some.of this development out. I for one hope to see more LS in EoTM since it is the best pvp area to do it in.

It was 2 vs 20 but its ok we got’em both!

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Miroe.2054

Miroe.2054

1. Overflow Map released
2. rest of the Battlefields empty
3. no Overflows required anymore
4. ???
5. Profit

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: ChaosKirin.1328

ChaosKirin.1328

Dunno if anyone’s mentioned this yet or not, but most likely what’s going to happen is that, since this spawns overflow after overflow, the majority of people just wanting to do Living Story will end up in their own overflows.

Bad news for the griefers, who will be teamed up on by LS participants, I would think.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Kaggura.4839

Kaggura.4839

I feel like most of the worry about PvP occurring in the new EotM would be alleviated if people just did a little research into their class and changed some traits out to become a ‘WvW’ build (not sPvP) before going in. When I first started WvW as an elementalist, I had to switch to a totally new build in order to survive vs. thieves. Now, I run guardian, ele, and am leveling a necro and thief in WvW.

Say you are in EotM and see/are attacked by a thief – ele (who if alone should probably be in a d/d build) can aura up to help avoid attacks then lightning away, warriors can ‘fear me’ and just kill the thief, guardians have aegis, necros can death shroud #3 fear, and condition stack or just stand in their own wells. See said thief use shadow refuge – AoE that refuge and don’t just stand there while they are in stealth healing conditions, healing themselves, and finding your back… There are so many ways to avoid being ‘ganked’.

I think if players new to WvW (PvE exclusive players up until this time) just did a little research into their classes, they would have a lot less to fear and less worryv

(edited by Kaggura.4839)

in The Edge of the Mists

zamalek.2154

team ed up on

That’s part of how to not get griefed.

Auroraglade

in The Edge of the Mists

Astralporing.1957

By that time Obsidian didn’t count for population limit anymore, you know.

By that time there were still JPs on the borders, you know.

And? I am not talking about Season One, but the aetherblade chest/Zephyrite Kite case. That was in Obsidian only.

And the griefings happened even on servers with no queues at all.

That’s a leap of faith right there.

Not really. I’d just been reading the forums at the time. And had friends on few other servers.

And the griefers didn’t intend to help their own side in WvW even a tiny bit

Did you ask them?

Yes. For most vivid example a 30+ group of people from my server occupying Obsidian for over 4 hours at the time when my side really needed help. Telling everyone that pointed that out to f… off, because “they’d be stupid to participate in the boring battles when teaching noobs where their place is is soo much sweeter”. And from what i have seen, or heard from other people, that was not the exception, but the norm.

I would also like to hear your opinion on the matter regarding not fully contributing to the rewards that you likely earned.

As i said, i was talking about the Aether/Zephyrite case – i consider Season One to be a fully WvW event, even if lot of PvE players decided to go for achievements.
But if we’re talking about Season one and its rewards (which were… not so good), i’m pretty sure that i have earned mine well enough. I do play WvW occasionally. I just strongly dislike mixing it with PvE, and i absolutely loathe any events that exist apparently only to drive even greater wedge between those two communities.

Actions, not words.

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

So much truth in this. After all the PvE players are gone, the WvW players will remain until a better option is available to us. These kills are only a fraction of the repayment for us having to deal with half baked LS updates for a year and a half while our entire community was ignored.

The time of culling the herd has come. Bring me your loot bags children, and be enraged.

Ah, so much beating on their e-chests and pretending to be pwnzor.

I kinda like the WvW event idea, I’ll just take a break from gw since i have 0 interest in playing pvp in any mmorpg. If however some ‘too good to be true’ reward forces me to go there, i’ll be the one who just sits down when you lot arive. Kill me, I don’t care. But I’m not even gonna defend myself. I’m not going to give you fun by doing something i absolutely hate. Just enjoy feeling pwnzor about killing someone who doesn’t bother fighting back. A real pvp’er would be miffed if someone didn’t fight back. You, from your tone of words would probably simply go: “woo another kill, i iz so awesome”.

And Aeonblade, from what you write, you don’t care about culling the herd. Which already is a nonsensical statement, since pure pve players aren’t part of the wvw herd. There is no reason why you should look down on ppl simply because they don’t like the parts of the game that you like, or why you would even want to cull a group of ppl who don’t even want to come and play in your part of the game. Also, from your ‘…be enraged’ comment, it’s also pretty clear that you have no noble intentions of improving the wvw flock (since culling the herd is what you do to improve the quality of the remainder), all you want to do is troll and grief.

And you are welcome to it.

As I’m perfectly welcome to completely ignore your existance and that of WvW.

You are correct, it was a completely sarcastic post and I really don’t care about culling the herd. I just found his post funny and ran with it. Sorry the sarcasm wasn’t clear haha.

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

In this interview they state “The thing we’re not going to do is make players run all over The Edge of the Mists map and do a bunch of things to complete the story when they could be killed by other players,” says Nguyen. “The appearance of the map ties into the story we’re telling, but we want to keep a separation between PvP and the story components.” So no worries.

Source: http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/473/feature/8191/Guild-Wars-2-War-Lore-Edge-of-the-Mists-.html

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

in The Edge of the Mists

Astralporing.1957

In this interview they state “The thing we’re not going to do is make players run all over The Edge of the Mists map and do a bunch of things to complete the story when they could be killed by other players,” says Nguyen. “The appearance of the map ties into the story we’re telling, but we want to keep a separation between PvP and the story components.” So no worries.

Source: http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/473/feature/8191/Guild-Wars-2-War-Lore-Edge-of-the-Mists-.html

Thanks for the quote, haven’t heard that before. If it’s this way really, then i am okay with it. I guess we’ll see soon enough if they managed to pull this off.

Actions, not words.

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

Maybe the logic is don’t put pve content in pvp area.

Why do you want to wvw with people that don’t even want to be there?

Logic says that content added to WvW is NOT PvE. That means that this Living Story Update is not PvE.

Good news for you! You can simply ignore the achieves and go about doing PvE. If you start feeling bad, just remind yourself that 23 of the last 24 Living Story achievement categories required no WvW interaction at all on your part.

Good news for WvW players! They get some achieves for once.

I have to grudgingly agree with this, as it’s been my argument on everything else people keep kittening about. No one is holding a gun to your head. You do these things or ignore them of your own volition.

That said, I’ve gotten my feet wet enough in WvW to know which of my characters are likely to survive an encounter or two…. but, a lot of my friends who aren’t in my guild… well…

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

I know i am not a rare snowflake here when i say that i left a LOT of mmo games that pretty much allowed pvp at any given time, specially when not asked for it. Middle of a quest? Nope buddy.. you gonna get a nice little enema with my sword and i gonna wait here.. you will come back cause that quest is over there and you gotta go either this way.. or the other ways where the rest of us waits.

But you are overreacting like a special snowflake. Its only two weeks and you’re acting like this is going to emotionally scar you for life. Get a grip.

So you’re going to get killed out there, big deal! do you have some zero deaths record your trying to hold on to.?

If your new to WvW let me give you some advice. Stick with the commander and the zerg that will protect you from any ganks, and if you are out by yourself don’t engage an enemy – just run or waypoint before they catch up to you. Its a cowards way but it’ll keep you alive. Play like this and you’ll hardly die at all.

Leave the solo roamers to themselves. They love having 1v1 fights and will normally seek each other out.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Luto.1938

Luto.1938

As an honestly honest Thief I can honestly say with thief like honesty that I’d never kill another player in the Edge of the Mists.

Luto Locke
Twitch Stream

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Darkbattlemage.9612

Darkbattlemage.9612

As an honestly honest Thief I can honestly say with thief like honesty that I’d never kill another player in the Edge of the Mists.

An honest thief? No one has ever heard of those, guess because they die “accidentally” during training.

I’m the Asura Elementalist that stole all your cookies, well except the oatmeal ones.
Chaos always finds a way, who you think Evil learned it from?

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: ShiningSquirrel.3751

ShiningSquirrel.3751

Incorrect, your in WvW, we can still ignore you just as we have always done.
There is no reason any PVE players “needs” to enter that map, and especially not for a few worthless achievements.

Anet fails to know their customers again! LOL.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: sorrychief.2563

sorrychief.2563

I laughed when that guy said wvw players are second hand citizens. Poor guy has probably never done spvp/tpvp.

champion magus
previously rank 2 on old leaderboards
EG.secret.OG.NAVI.sorrychief

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Sariah Dragonslayer.2714

Sariah Dragonslayer.2714

Queuing up for WvW is proof that you have interest in player to player combat. If you truly have no interest, you wouldn’t have clicked on the button that takes you there.

If there is story content available only in the WvW environment, you will see plenty of people who are there not because they have any interest in player vs player combat, but because they want to see how the story continues. I must say, it’s a bit absurd to spend a year delivering story in a PvE environment, and then say “if you want to see how it ends, get ready to be preyed upon by people who are literally salivating at the thought of inflicting suffering on others who just want to be left alone.” Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy WvW as a game mode, but this seems like an extremely ill-advised crossover. I’m excited to fight other players on the new map, but dreading the kittenstorm of ill-will and acrimony that happens when PvE players are bribed with rewards/achievements to enter a PvP environment without any real desire to be there.

Year of story in PvE
-BUT-
Conclusion is only available in WvW where you are likely to be killed many, many times by other people and you may never get to even see the end of the story or get the reward tied to completing the achievement.

Sounds like:

Entire “personal” story is solo and for you alone and never has you enter a single dungeon
-BUT-
Can only conclude your personal story by doing a dungeon with 4 other players.

“Absurd” fits them both.

Agreed, it is pushing players into doing something they don’t want to. I for one have no desire to raise my blood pressure trying to do PVE in a PVP zone and I still have an unfinished story thanks to the dungeon requirement. Makes completing the story kind of redundant on a second toon.

Thanks for that link Invictus

(edited by Sariah Dragonslayer.2714)

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: slamb.4781

slamb.4781

The only people that cry about the PvP aspect are BAD PLAYERS!!!!!!!!
I want to gank as many PvE Achievement hunters as possible :p

/sit
/sit
/sit

Sir Kitty Litter
[QOP] Quaggan Op – Guild Leader

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu.5284

This funnels a constant stream of victims to the griefers, and removes the option to wait for them to go away.

You are not a victim if you don’t want to be.

Again, I really hope that some thought has gone into anti-griefing mechanisms for this release

They already did. Since release actually. It’s called fighting.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

If AN added this in there to get more people interested in wvw then this is the wrong way to do so. I got my piece and was promptly killed by 8 other players who were camping that area for a good hour or so.

If you were or are a new player and thrown into this new map because you want to complete LS and are then killed over and over again by 8 players or even just a few; would you return? I know I wouldn’t.

This gives plenty of joy to the campers and stops new players from wanting to play the new map at all.

Not complaining, just some food for thought.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: thaooo.5320

thaooo.5320

You don’t want to Pvp for Pvp achievements?

Then don’t do join the Pvp map.

It is THAT SIMPLE.

This isn’t a pve release with pve achievements.

Also, calling people griefers, who might have just killed you because you are a nearby enemy is highly insulting and frankly offensive to the entire population, both pve and Pvp.

Just because someone kills you in a Pvp mode doesn’t make them a griefer. So much selfishness, wow.

ALL IS VAIN.
PvP modes are the “endgame” in all MMOs.
Stop failing at PvE, and fix WvW/SPvP. Thank you.

in The Edge of the Mists

KOPPER.1458

Just because someone kills you in a Pvp mode doesn’t make them a griefer. So much selfishness, wow.

Its more frustration then selfishness. They aren’t griefing but they are camping that area on purpose. They know it’s the best spot to grab inexperienced players. This creates frustration to those players who want to do the LS but don’t want to pvp, they are forced into it in order to complete a story.

Also I am not sure how it’s offensive to the entire population…I think that is a bit over zealous.

And for the record most of the LS achievements are in pve.

in The Edge of the Mists

thaooo.5320

ALL IS VAIN.

in The Edge of the Mists

KOPPER.1458

You should look under the LS tab in achievements.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: ShiningSquirrel.3751

ShiningSquirrel.3751

Oh Kopper, now you have gone and done it! You are using facts and logic.
That’s not nice. ;-)

in The Edge of the Mists

thaooo.5320

That doesn’t make it a pve achievement.

Season 1 achievements were also under there.

Achievements attainable inside a pvp game mode, makes it a pvp achievement.

Your argument is invalid.

Next?

ALL IS VAIN.

in The Edge of the Mists

thaooo.5320

Oh Kopper, now you have gone and done it! You are using facts and logic.
That’s not nice. ;-)

Facts? Logic?

That was the complete opposite my friend. It’s ok we can only learn from our mistakes.

ALL IS VAIN.

in The Edge of the Mists

KOPPER.1458

2 of the 3 achievements in that pain, are only obtainable in pve. 1 of them you need to get that scrap in order to get it, so I guess you could call that a PVP achievement.

2 out of 3 are PVE, so how does that make the LS a PVP patch? Certainly there are many new achievements in EOTM since that was a large part of the focus. However, the complains and suggestions for AN here aren’t about those achievements. They are about those 3 listed in that LS pain.

This argument is invalid actually.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: FrouFrou.4958

FrouFrou.4958

Why do people act like death in this game is such a horrible thing? Oh no!!! You got killed! Bring some guild members/friends and take care of business.

You ever been stuck at your spawn because the other team has 100 players and yours has 50?

All borderlands and EB has 3 different routes out of the spawn point. If you keep on running through the one that has 100 players outside waiting for you, the natural selection is doing it’s thing.

Froudactyl // Herp Derp Druid // Judge Legends [JDGE] // Seafarer’s Rest