New Lovestruck weapon skins

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: CC Danicia.1394

Previous

CC Danicia.1394

Community Coordinator

Next

Danicia, please tell the Devs that the weapons need moar hearts. My manly, bulky, mustached norn isn’t complete unless he’s surrounded by hearts. Princess Wand was a start. Heart weapons are a nice addition. Heart ARMOR is next!!!

Done.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Zoid.2568

Zoid.2568

The finest weapon skins ArenaNet have released. I bought the shield right away. Had a ticket in my bank.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Danicia, please tell the Devs that the weapons need moar hearts. My manly, bulky, mustached norn isn’t complete unless he’s surrounded by hearts. Princess Wand was a start. Heart weapons are a nice addition. Heart ARMOR is next!!!

Done.

Confirmed – MOAR HEARTS!!!

<3

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

First thing I did was get the shield and pistol for my Engie. And the staff for my Ele…and so on and so on….

Can has your tickets? ^.^
hehehe

Haha! No.

I have 2 tickets. I need 2 daggers, a staff, a scepter, and would love 2 pistols and a shield. No wayyyy I’m gonna get all that. Lol need a little help from devs I’ll keep spending my pay checks in the gem store if I get a few tickets in my mail!

I wonder if there’s a log with how much a player has spent. (God my number would be embarrassing…)

Just trade gems for gold. Buy the weapons off TP.
#Money4Fashion

Snow Crows [SC]

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

Done.

Confirmed – MOAR HEARTS!!!

<3

Relevant

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Moonjelly.3742

Moonjelly.3742

Not one for heart type designs as a general rule but I love the designs on these. The ornate metal on these is very well done, and the dark pewter look doesn’t cutesie.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

I like them as well- they are very cool in a kind of whimsical/menacing way

pity they don’t suit any of my 7 characters- curse you Anet you are going to make me buy another character slot aren’t you?
Actually the pistols really won’t hurt my Engi….

Gunnar’s Hold

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Apparently finishing level 10 Personal Story gives you a BLTC Key, so I finished lvl 10 PS with 5 of my characters and got 5 keys.
I opened all of them and got 0 tickets and some useless boosters.
How am I supposed to get one of these weapons with this insane RNG?

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Nurgle.6597

Nurgle.6597

I love the hammer, it’s nice and wide, like it should be.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Apparently finishing level 10 Personal Story gives you a BLTC Key, so I finished lvl 10 PS with 5 of my characters and got 5 keys.

Black Lion Keys were on sale for 20% off. Whenever you see these sales, buy a couple of stacks, and you should be good to go.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in The Edge of the Mists

Celestina.2894

Put in a buy order for cheaper then the listed price, that’s how I always get the ones I want.

in The Edge of the Mists

Nick.6972

Black Lion Keys were on sale for 20% off. Whenever you see these sales, buy a couple of stacks, and you should be good to go.

Yeah sure, buy 10 keys for 85G and get some crappy boosters in return? No thank you.

Here’s an idea Arena Net – how about you add new in game skins that can be aquired without gem store? Have you thought about it?

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: NoxInfernus.2361

NoxInfernus.2361

The dagger is massive on my Norn Necro.
If he didn’t equip it in the standard ‘icepick’ grip it could almost be mistaken for a short sword.
All of them are very well done. The pewter grey of the metal balances out the red of the hearts very nicely.

in The Edge of the Mists

Celestina.2894

Yeah sure, buy 10 keys for 85G and get some crappy boosters in return? No thank you.

Here’s an idea Arena Net – how about you add new in game skins that can be aquired without gem store? Have you thought about it?

Except, you know, they have.

in The Edge of the Mists

Nick.6972

And that justifies the insane RNG and gambling? How?
And please, compare those few “good looking sets” to BLTC skins.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Except, you know, they have.

Not many that are fairly easy to acquire. They’re either ugly (ones from Queens Jubilee) or stuck behind huge farm/grid/cost (ascended) or stuck behind impossible rng (sunless/ascended).
They only good ones released that weren’t too hard to get were the SAB ones (which some don’t like, and some are hard to get (trib mode ones)) and zenith (kinda). Any good looking ones they put in the kitten RNG boxes.

+1

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Now all the Sailor Moon cosplayers have to put out some serious cash for that scepter

in The Edge of the Mists

Celestina.2894

The fact that you may or may not like them does not change the fact that they have added non-gem skins.

Now if you had said specifically full armor sets other then just ascended for example, I’d agree with you.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: EverythingXen.1835

EverythingXen.1835

Technically and aesthetically they look freaking awesome!

Thematically I wont be using any of them.

in The Edge of the Mists

Nick.6972

Yeah. It’s not even my subjective opinion.
Make a vote asking which skins look better, BLTC or Zenith/Queen’s/Ascended/Fractal.

in The Edge of the Mists

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Technically and aesthetically they look freaking awesome!

Thematically I wont be using any of them.

Same here. I have one ticket in the bank, and just like with the toxic weapons, I wish I had a character who has use for these. I’m not super rich so I have to make my one ticket count, and won’t use it to randomly, temporarily re-skin one of my established characters (I would if it was cheaper). For now I’ll stick with my set of jade weapons.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Lithril Ashwalker.6230

Lithril Ashwalker.6230

My good sir, you remind me of this.

May you sparkle!

Attachments:

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: MesmeForever.3612

MesmeForever.3612

I do find it a bit off-putting that skins like this get released on a near-regular basis and can be sold on the TP for whatever price the community sets, yet again allowing players to gain a financial advantage in-game (which can, in turn, be used to gain a stat advantage through purchase of other items with that cash) if they’re richer in real life than other players are.
Sure, everyone has access to the same things — no one’s directly hobbled in the stat race — but some have wheels and an engine where others have to walk.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: danbuter.2314

danbuter.2314

It’s a shame mesmers can’t use hammers

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Joopy.6547

Joopy.6547

Well done on the designs but the hearts are not my style.

I would buy that rifle in, lack for a better word, heartbeat, if it didn’t have the heart on the stock. It wouldn’t match my Engineer’s armor!

Sindarian Vagrants [Rune]
Covenant of the First Flame [Soul]

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

First thing I did was get the shield and pistol for my Engie. And the staff for my Ele…and so on and so on….

I checked the Engi forum for a screenshot … but alas no find.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

I wonder if devs and other anet employees get unlimited access to these skins. I’d be super jealous. ((Where can I apply????))

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: KratosAngel.7289

KratosAngel.7289

I think the skins are very good, very beautiful !
Hearts aren’t too big a part of the weapons, it’s just a perfect balance.
Shield is wonderful !

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: vikkival.2459

vikkival.2459

The designs are super awesome, and though I’m not a fan of the overly pink hearts I’m still gonna attempt to get them.

Hammer is my first target!

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Kitta.3657

Kitta.3657

What a bunch of haters “ewww too girly” facepalm It doesn’t have to always be manly-man stuff to be good stuff. Also I think the grey color is perfect for it (although sure white/gold would have been beautiful as well) it makes it more neutral and able to fit many more color scheme than gold could have.
I love this and I am very happy of my new shield on my asura engineer

mouth too blunt, truth too loud

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

I do find it a bit off-putting that skins like this get released on a near-regular basis and can be sold on the TP for whatever price the community sets, yet again allowing players to gain a financial advantage in-game (which can, in turn, be used to gain a stat advantage through purchase of other items with that cash) if they’re richer in real life than other players are.
Sure, everyone has access to the same things — no one’s directly hobbled in the stat race — but some have wheels and an engine where others have to walk.

My concern is more along the lines that activities in the game feel less rewarding because the most desirable new content is in the gem store and very little of it gets added to the overall game. Those faction specific cyphers would be a lot more interesting if you could get faction specific weapons from them. The Living Story dungeons would have been a lot more rewarding if you could get the faction specific weapons from them (or armour sets). Instead the playable content feels poorly rewarded and the gem store is stacked. I wish they could find a different model or a better balance in the existing model that didn’t make gameplay rewards feel to starved.

I do think the new weapons are a little immersion breaking but in a world with the Dreamer it’s not the worst we’ve seen. I’m sure there are players that will absolutely love these and I’m glad they get to be happy.

The quality of the gem store weapon skins has consistently far surpassed what we’ve seen for the launch skins (especially compared to the majority of exotics). I can’t wait for an expansion where this quality of skins aren’t gem store privileges and this calibre of weapon design becomes a normal game reward more of us can enjoy without throwing out month’s of gold farming or a sizable chunk of your paycheck.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Stark.1350

Stark.1350

I think the skins are gorgeous. The hearts aren’t overdone. It makes me think of the Queen of Hearts from Alice in Wonderland and her soldiers.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: SandraSolace.7682

SandraSolace.7682

Love the new skins!

But I do think they are not for everyone, as with any skin really.

I picked me up a staff for my Necro, cute as hell!

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: iriyabran.6218

iriyabran.6218

Someone please please make a Cutey Honey cosplay with the Lovestruck Sword
http://youtu.be/SnBDQYuMrCc

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: cainejw.7142

cainejw.7142

And what exactly keeps these items from being tied to quest lines and storyline instead of how many dollars you’re willing to spend? Anet continues to disappoint by selling their creative souls when it comes to items by just shoe horning the content into the RNG boxes I lovingly call Cox Boxes.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Pexx.6327

Pexx.6327

I’m sad that the skins don’t include heart particles that radiate off the glowy heart bit.

Red Rum Mai // Ozma Amzo

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

Well done skins IMO. They’ve got hearts, but still a certain meanness to them that makes them appealing outside of the kawaii/jokesuit obvious uses. I’m pretty happy with the weapons I’ve got, but these are a great balance between “has hearts on it” and “looks like a functioning weapon.”

Unlike the dreamer/Quip skins, these still look like something I could use to deal damage.

Can we get versions with the other three card suits? I have an idea now.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

in The Edge of the Mists

Celestina.2894

Can we get versions with the other three card suits? I have an idea now.

Yes?

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

they should have be sold as Pair – 2 hammer, 2 bows, 2 swords and so on

noone should see this heart – the heart should only be there when the 2 weapons from this pair are near eachother

this would be cool

in The Edge of the Mists

Previous

CC Danicia.1394

Community Coordinator

Next

I think I can fix that.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Phi Is Sly.1857

Phi Is Sly.1857

I think I can fix that.

at least somethings getting fixed around here :P

in The Edge of the Mists

Previous

CC Danicia.1394

Community Coordinator

Next

I think I can fix that.

at least somethings getting fixed around here :P

I see what you did there.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Myst Dawnbringer.9138

Myst Dawnbringer.9138

Way too girlie for me. Too cute in a 12 year old unicorn and my little pony way.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Ice of Dragons.1637

Ice of Dragons.1637

i Like the design. I would buy them if they would be ob sale like Jorys were.

in The Edge of the Mists

Previous

CC Danicia.1394

Community Coordinator

Next

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: K U T M.4539

K U T M.4539

My good sir, you remind me of this.

May you sparkle!

+1

Basic [BS] NSP/Mag

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

I know of some people who are going to be really happy.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

(edited by MithranArkanere.8957)

in The Edge of the Mists

Pixelpumpkin.4608

I know of some people who are going to be really happy.

Yes, that was my first thought too and I immediately googled them.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

surprisingly great looking….though not my cup of tea (unless i decided to make a sailor scout).

would use the sword, though………..another rapier design is always welcome (and the heart is small enough just to look like a red glow).

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Andrax.4576

Andrax.4576

Yeah, the weapons look great. Im just sad that they are locked behind a pretty expensive RNG that i can never afford (in time), and if i could, i would not be lucky enough to get a ticket.

Rose Osiana [Elementalist]
Gandara EU
[DYE]