1 suggestion for the armor skins

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: Shanna.4762

Shanna.4762

Please make it so it turns off the blue glowy skin on the body and face when u toggle off the helmet at least XD. otherwise I think the armor designs themselves are awesome.

(edited by Shanna.4762)

Posted by: Jeff.4680

Jeff.4680

I think the exact opposite. The blue-glowy-kitten stuff is awesome, but the artwork for the armor is excessively odd and unusual.

They did the same thing for the updated flamekissed. The effects were great, but the actual armor looked terrible on human/norn/sylvari males.

Simply put, it’s too fancy. A clean, smooth looking armor with the effects would be awesome in my opinion.

From the smallest blade of grass to the largest mountain, where life goes—so, too, should you.

Shanna.4762

I like the way they look a bit odd. It reminds me of the gods…But I’m more saying it for the sake of matching..It looks really weird when you toggle off the helmet to see ur head, and then the skin is a different color on the rest of your body LOL.

Posted by: Vick.6805

Vick.6805

I like individual pieces of the armor sets (I like mixing armors), and honestly I was thinking they were some of the better-looking male armors, but the blue skin totally negates my time spent in character creation, so it’s unlikely that I’ll ever buy it.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I love the armor, don’t like the blue. I feel like they ruined something awesome.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Shanna.4762

Yeah, just a way to toggle that on or off so it can be more uniform/matching.

Posted by: samrogan.9132

samrogan.9132

I wholeheartedly agree. If I had the option to toggle the skin effect I would have already 100% bought one, but I just paid for my new face and hair! How can I cover that?

Posted by: korelg.7862

korelg.7862

if only we could Dye the blue parts

Posted by: Depths.4051

Depths.4051

if only we could Dye the blue parts

^ this

Also, I dont mind that the face is made glossy, but it’s both static and not even your own characters face. Your character loses their identity as soon as they where the helmet. It’s a shame too since the helmet itself is epic. The whole set has an unearthly god like feel to it. totally putting this on an ascended set lol… minus the helmet. Now if only I had the “A god walking among mortal men” title to complete it lol.

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

I really like it because it is so bizarre looking

My question is about the blue- I guess it stays even if you mix and match with other sets?
So basically you would end up with a piebald character?

Such a shame- a nice touch would have been to either have the skin effect on- even if you mix armors, or an on/off toggle

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

Honestly, I like the skin texture, I just hate how seemingly randomly placed the armor bits are on the female versions and the fact that the “skin” can’t be dyed.

That being said, after talking with my friend, she and I have come up with a proper name for the female sets.

The Celestities armor.

Posted by: Riot Inducer.8964

Riot Inducer.8964

The armors themselves are quite nice, however the always blue skin is rather off putting, if it could be dyed or switched off somehow I would get one or more of these in a heartbeat.

Posted by: Ephesus.7291

Ephesus.7291

Must disagree, bro. The blue is EXACTLY what makes it feel zodiac, especially (if you pay closer attention) the sort of ‘compilation of stars reflection’. It has a twilight feeling to it.

If anything, i feel like Jeff regarding the awkward over-the-skin armor. Maybe we should be able to redye the blue skin?

I absolutely LOVE it the way it is, though.

(edited by Ephesus.7291)

Posted by: Exosferatu.2961

Exosferatu.2961

The Zodiac armor set reminds me so much of Dwayna’s dervish form.

Posted by: godofcows.2451

godofcows.2451

The Celestities armor.

^ dis

Shanna.4762

Again, I only want to be able to have the blue skin go away when toggling off the helmet or something, because it looks kind of weird/awkward in a not so good way unless you do the full thing, helmet and all.