$12.50 Charge for Convenience of Lions Arch

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: DoctorToxn.4925

DoctorToxn.4925

The timing on the release of the pass seems quite coincidental with the downfall of LA… If there is going to be a second city rebuilt with the same amenities with the same proximity, then all is well. If not, Arena Net is doing something quite mischievous. This does not bode well if this turns out to be true. I appreciate this being brought to my attention.

Posted by: Fuzion.4193

Fuzion.4193

My issue around all of this is the convenience we’ve had since the start of the game was taken away and replaced with the option to get it back by purchasing it, either via cash to gems, or gold to gems conversion. Either way we’re having to pay with our cash or time to obtain convenience back.

If the airship was added like the Terrace was, where it was in addition to the convenience we once had in Lion’s Arch, then this wouldn’t be an issue with me and it’s just a choice then. And yes, I realize some will say, “You have the choice now.” In which case I’ll point those that say that back to the first paragraph.

It’s a bad development move to take something existing away from the player base and make them pay for it. That’s my whole issue. That and the once-off passes seem to be fairly rare, as I’ve received two and I hit the siege 2-3 times a day.

(edited by Fuzion.4193)

Posted by: PurebladeProductions.4875

PurebladeProductions.4875

Rata Sum ,anyone heard of it?

Ooohh, I love that city! I always go there for all my crafting, trading post and guild bank needs as they are but one waypoint away without a loading screen. The only times I went to LA was to show off my gear while afk or use the Mystic Forge, which I rarely need to use.

Pureblade – Maelstrom Warriors [MW] – Gandara (EU)
8/9 Professions, Asura Guardian main.

Posted by: Moka.9641

Moka.9641

Yet, you’re complaining that Anet wants to make us buy airship passes? You make no sense.

No, we’re complaining that Anet has removed a feature from the game and is trying to sell it back to us as a microtransaction. That’s just scummy behaviour.

Are you listening to yourself? You’re complaining about not having a 1-stop area, when EVERY CITY IN THE GAME IS A 1-STOP AREA! That post of yours is so bad that well…

Please explain how I get directly from WvW to Rata Sum (or any of these other supposed ‘1-STOP’ cities) without paying waypoint fees, I must have missed a gate somewhere.

Go to Rata Sum, enter WvW from Rata Sum. When you’re done, press Esc and then press Character select. Then double click on your character and you’re back at Rata Sum. I think it’s pretty fast (as fast as the traditional way), so I’ll call it ’’direct’’.

[AW]- The Holy Engineer

(edited by Moka.9641)

Posted by: Stone.6751

Stone.6751

GOOD!! Anet needs to make money somehow, and if they can do it based on a MINOR convenience that does not disrupt anyone’s access to content or their ability to compete in the game on a level playing field then more power to them!

Are people so naive as to think that all of this added content development and support would come at no cost? It’s almost laughable that people expect so much and expect that they should not have to somehow support it. And no, your original purchase of the game does not fund that support, it funded the original development of the content that existed when the game was released.

Penny Royalty – Level 80 Guardian
Raingarde – Level 80 Necromancer

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

I actually like Rata Sum for crafting as it’s all much closer to the TP.. but problem is, no forge. Then the vigil keep has everything fairly close.. but no crafting. Given how the forge can play a role in some crafting recipes, these two amenities shouldn’t have been split up imo.

This is why the “crafting is available in other cities” argument doesn’t fly for me.

Posted by: Carzor Stelatis.9435

Carzor Stelatis.9435

GOOD!! Anet needs to make money somehow, and if they can do it based on a MINOR convenience that does not disrupt anyone’s access to content or their ability to compete in the game on a level playing field then more power to them!

Are people so naive as to think that all of this added content development and support would come at no cost? It’s almost laughable that people expect so much and expect that they should not have to somehow support it. And no, your original purchase of the game does not fund that support, it funded the original development of the content that existed when the game was released.

No, they just expect not to have existing features taken away and sold back to them as microtransactions. If this were an option for convenience sake (like the Crown Pavilion and other variations on the same theme) there would be no problem.

Go to Rata Sum, enter WvW from Rata Sum. When you’re done, press Esc and then press Character select. Then double click on your character and you’re back at Rata Sum. I think it’s pretty fast (as fast as the traditional way), so I’ll call it ’’direct’’.

That doesn’t fulfill the ‘without paying waypoint costs’ part of my post, does it?

Posted by: Rangersix.1754

Rangersix.1754

This is why the “crafting is available in other cities” argument doesn’t fly for me.

So I take it you craft an ascended backpiece or infuse a ring every 2 seconds? The MF is needed for some recipes, yes, but these recipes are of such a nature that they prohibit, either from a financial or game mechanic point of view, anywhere near frequent use. Most of these will require the MF to be used 2 or 4 times per character’s lifetime.

I honestly can’t believe that you’re basing almost your entire complaint on the Mystic Forge. It’s something that sees so little use and, due to being RNG based, is mockingly called the Mystic Toilet.

You people cannot stop throwing a tantrum about the fact that you need to click, CLICK, once or twice a day (as a heavy user) to go to the Mystic Toilet. But you completely ignore the fact that the speed, convenience and quality of life in almost any other city between services has always been heads above shoulders better than Lion’s Arch. The time that you make up by using these other hubs completely marginalizes the extra time required to click and go to the MF on another map. The Mystic Forge in Vigil’s Keep is even right besides the Asura Gates!

But no, you prefer to complain, kick and moan because you now you can’t spend more time on long loading screens and can’t spend far more time running around from TP to your Bank to the crafting stations. Because having to go to the Mystic Forge once or twice on a “bussy” day is worth all the extra inconvenience you get while trying to get anything else done. Let’s not even start talking about the Laurel vendor who was at the other end of the map, kicking you into another (relative) long loading screen because hey, it’s the glorious and flawless LA!

Stop complaining simply to be able to complain.

(edited by Rangersix.1754)

Posted by: Saturn.6591

Saturn.6591

Yet, you’re complaining that Anet wants to make us buy airship passes? You make no sense.

No, we’re complaining that Anet has removed a feature from the game and is trying to sell it back to us as a microtransaction. That’s just scummy behaviour.

Looks like a “no, you’re right” to me. Like, you want to disagree but end up agreeing, and that in the very same sentence. Also, they didn’t remove anything from the game. It’s still there, just that you now need to go to another city for crafting. But like I’ve said before, you don’t really lose time because of this, because everything in LA was quite spread out, while it’s very close together in Vigil Keep and Rata Sum for example. Saves lots of walking (and in some cases loading-screen-due-to-waypointing-in-LA) time, which makes more than up for taking the portal to Rata Sum if you need to craft something.

That doesn’t fulfill the ‘without paying waypoint costs’ part of my post, does it?

Hold on… since when do the Asura charge waypoint fees for using the character select screen?

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

So I take it you craft an ascended backpiece or infuse a ring every 2 seconds? The MF is needed for some recipes, yes, but these recipes are of such a nature that they prohibit, either from a financial or game mechanic point of view, anywhere near frequent use. Most of these will require the MF to be used 2 or 4 times per character’s lifetime.

I honestly can’t believe that you’re basing almost your entire complaint on the Mystic Forge. It’s something that sees so little use and, due to being RNG based, is mockingly called the Mystic Toilet.

You people cannot stop throwing a tantrum about the fact that you need to click, CLICK, once or twice a day (as a heavy user) to go to the Mystic Toilet. But you completely ignore the fact that the speed, convenience and quality of life in almost any other city between services was heads above shoulders better than Lion’s Arch. The time that you make up by using these other hubs completely marginalizes the extra time required to click and go to the MF on another map. The mystic forge in Vigil’s Keep is even right besides the Asura Gates!

But no, you people prefer to complain, kick and moan because you now you can’t spend more time on long loading screens and can’t spend far more time running around from TP to your Bank to the crafting stations. Because having to go to the mystic forge once or twice on a “bussy” day, is worth all the inconvenience you get for trying to get anything else done. Let’s not even start talking about the Laurel vendor who was at the other end of the map, kicking you into another (relative) long loading screen because hey, it’s the glorious and flawless LA!

Stop complaining simply to be able to complain.

Actually the mystic forge can be a very dominant part of crafting/merchanting.

Various item promotion recipes,
Green to rares to ectos
Sigil promotion

Is it the end of world? No, is it kind of shady? Yeah.

Rangersix.1754

Green to rares to ectos
Sigil promotion

The various recipes require little interaction with the mystic forge. Like I said, most are once per character or very infrequent. All the other situations, like greens to rares or improving sigil rarity, only require a trading post.

Posted by: Anirri.4156

Anirri.4156

Honestly i ran the LA event all day and made enough gold for 1000 gems + an extra 500 gems. its not hard to make gems and unlike other mmos ATLEAST they give the option to convert game gold to gems.

Posted by: Iarkrad.8415

Iarkrad.8415

I have come back during the origins of madness from a 6 month absense from GW2. I would have bought the permanent royal terrence pass with no hesitation. I bought the pass to the airship. I believe though, that it is no replacement for Lion’s Arch. It still lacks many services, such as Scornheart, dungeon venders, and a community hub. There will always be a superior hub, the airship is just a quick in/out pit stop, which offers nothing whatsoever that can’t otherwise be found within 30 seconds from any area in the map (EotM → vigil fort (→ rata summ → crafting))

No more non cosmetic world event rewards. We haven’t forgotten the Ancient Karka.

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

laurels, forge, portals, dungeon vendors – all in vigils keep. If you don’t want to spend money, then jump to any of the major cities from there and go craft. I don’t see this as money grubbing at all – all of the services are still available in game.

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

It does indeed fulfill that. Whenever you exit WvW via character select screen or logging out, logging back in will send you to your last location you were at before you entered WvW. It’s very convenient to know that if I need to do something outside of WvW, I can quickly go to character select and go back on my character, to be back in the location I was at. Saves a lot of money.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Rangersix.1754

Since the EoTM patch, there’s also a button (on the bottom right) to leave WvW on the WvW menu. It’ll teleport you back to where you were before entering WvW. So you don’t even need to relog anymore.

Posted by: MisterElliott.2481

MisterElliott.2481

Who gives a kitten?

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Since the EoTM patch, there’s also a button (on the bottom right) to leave WvW on the WvW menu. It’ll teleport you back to where you were before entering WvW. So you don’t even need to relog anymore.

I actually wasn’t aware of this, thanks for the heads up!

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Posted by: Chaotic Storm.2815

Chaotic Storm.2815

My issue around all of this is the convenience we’ve had since the start of the game was taken away and replaced with the option to get it back by purchasing it, either via cash to gems, or gold to gems conversion. Either way we’re having to pay with our cash or time to obtain convenience back.

If the airship was added like the Terrace was, where it was in addition to the convenience we once had in Lion’s Arch, then this wouldn’t be an issue with me and it’s just a choice then. And yes, I realize some will say, “You have the choice now.” In which case I’ll point those that say that back to the first paragraph.

It’s a bad development move to take something existing away from the player base and make them pay for it. That’s my whole issue. That and the once-off passes seem to be fairly rare, as I’ve received two and I hit the siege 2-3 times a day.

I fear and expect the day will we have to buy some kind of special pass to be allowed into certain content outside of a expansion.

#ELEtism

Posted by: Moka.9641

Moka.9641

No, they just expect not to have existing features taken away and sold back to them as microtransactions. If this were an option for convenience sake (like the Crown Pavilion and other variations on the same theme) there would be no problem.

You don’t pay any fees when you’re logging out and logging in and there is no waypoint costs when you waypoint within the city.

edit:
Actually, even better, as fellow user above said:

I actually wasn’t aware of this, thanks for the heads up!

[AW]- The Holy Engineer

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

it’s a shame how horribly inconvenienced i feel when a tyrian location fails to look like this

Attachments:

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

Posted by: darkdomino.9578

darkdomino.9578

I’m finding it really hard to be outraged about this. I paid for the permanent airship pass because it’s amazingly convenient… and when they rebuild LA, it will continue to be even more convenient.

10 or 12 bucks to never have to run to the lagfest that is LA again? Sign me up, please.

and all the people complaining that this is some huge conspiracy and blah blah blah… You guys are playing the wrong game if this is what kittenes you off. Guild Wars has always been pay-for-convenience from Day 1 and the fact that they’re selling airship passes should not suprise or infuriate you in the least.

There are a million other places you can go to do your trading… Any of the racial home cities for starters?

if you’re going to be infuriated about something, be infuriated about the fact that Guild Wars 2 hasn’t had a significant content update in over a year. Now THAT’S something you can be indignant about.

Fury of the Departed [Fury] – http://www.furyofthedeparted.net

Posted by: Dragus.1853

Dragus.1853

I never understand why people feel “forced” to do things… it’s simple don’t buy it. There is absolutely no reason to, in fact I feel it is a bit less convenient then your free spot saving home WvW BL (just go easy on the WvW folk and don’t afk there.)

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

I would prefer all major cities(left standing) have all the conveniences that LA had.

Putting all of that behind a paygate such as the airship is just shady business practices. Didn’t think arenanet had it in them.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Posted by: Enundr.9305

Enundr.9305

Yes this is another complaint thread on the Captain’s Airship Pass.

For those who didn’t read the other thread: A lot of people got upset that the loss of Lions’s Arch represented the loss of the most useful and convenient hub for BLT, Bank, Crafting Stations, Mystic Forge, Skill Trainers and Vendors. It also had Asura gates to all the major cities. In its place we got two things, Vigil’s Keep (which does not have crafting stations, gate travel and far less vendors) and Havoc’s Heir Airship. The airship is a one stop shop for everything BUT costs 1000 gems for a lifetime pass, 1000 gems equals $12.50 in USD.

The only thing missing in Vigil Keep right now is the crafting.
1000 gems can also be measured in gold, not just USD. If it’s that important to you, you can probably afford it.

Those who (rather sycophantically) defended Arenanet made some of the following arguments:

You can just go to other cities:
Yes, but none of the other cities offer the same level of convenience as Lion’s Arch (in terms of number of services offered and proximity of services to each other, not to mention gate travel) , that’s why LA was consistently the most visited location. If you do a lot of crafting, or are trying to make a legendary or use the BLT a lot you absolutely know what I mean. Time is money and you will be losing a lot of time from this loss of convenience.

No, I have no idea what you’re talking about. Every other city has all the amenities of LA. The only thing they don’t have are the Dungeon vendors and gates to the other cities. Neither of which are actually relevant to most people who are looking for BLT, bank and crafting.

It’s part of the story/times change/you fear something new:
No. I love what they are doing with the story BUT when you take that convenience away and ask for money for its replacement, it is an OBVIOUS bait and switch.

You don’t know what the term Bait and Switch means.

Cashing in is not Arenanet’s intention:
Really? Then why did the 1,000 gem lifetime pass come with this new content as a “promoted item” in the gem store? To think otherwise is naive.

Look, I love this game and there’s much to praise Arenanet for, but i’m not just going to drink the Kool Aid either. Removing LA’s conveniences and charging $12.50 to get it back is wrong. It’s something I expect from Electronic Arts, not from Arenanet who by and large are the good guys.

Then don’t buy it. I got a pass from one of the event bags, if it really matters to you there are ways around it.

Will I stop playing? Of course not! This represents an annoyance and a fairly pricey one at that but overall the game is still fantastic. I just offer this thread as a venue for people to raise their hand politely and say they don’t agree with this move and that they think Arenanet is better than this. Aside from this, the new content is awesome, love that they shook the game up this way, keep up the rest of the good work!

The only thing I will say is that I am rather disappointed that they moved everything except the crafting. There is even a section of Vigil’s Keep on the west side that is already set up at accommodate all the crafting, just like in Hoelbreck. They chose to go a different route, so whatever. I’m more interested in how things will be changed for the future since Vigil’s Keep is a temporary hub, not the final solution.

all other cities do NOT have the Mystic Forge , if you want to blindly defend something get the facts straight (unless there was a Ninja update that put them in since i last logged on)

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

Green to rares to ectos
Sigil promotion

The various recipes require little interaction with the mystic forge. Like I said, most are once per character or very infrequent. All the other situations, like greens to rares or improving sigil rarity, only require a trading post.

the stuff im talking about, you do en mass, like make 120 major sigils, then put em in the mystic forge to get superior runes. Or back in the day, when silk was cheaper than gossamer, promoting cheap silk to gossamer. cores to lodestones, incandescant dust to crystalline, teir 5→ teir 6.
Its not unccomon for a power crafter/merchant to have to do quite a bit at the mystic forge

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

That’s mighty pompous of you to assume you get to decide for others what is and isn’t a big deal.

I’m singling this response out because, frankly, it’s interesting to see being said to someone on one side of the argument. But it applies to both sides.

Every time someone brings up the stupid, moronic airship there’s this . . . total lack of perspective. Either it’s the worst cashgrab ever, or it’s not a big deal. Everyone should be up in arms and outraged . . . but either at the people screaming the sky is falling or the people who are going “guys, what the heck are you on about?”.

We knew LA was going to “shut down”, and we knew that “hub” was going to be lost for at least the length of this LS chapter. The disruption of at least some services shouldn’t have been a surprise to anyone.

The funny thing is, the airship pass non-permanent drops often enough from the Alliance Supplies to render that permanent pass pretty pointless. Why pay for that permanent pass when you can find two-week passes for free, and none of the services in the airship are exclusive to it anyway? There is already a wonderful way around needing to have LA available for your needs . . . it’s called “park an alt at crafting stations in another city and use them for crafting”. I’d be surprised if people didn’t do that to begin with when they learned crafting was going to be a major component in Ascended acquisition.

(For better or worse.)

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

i really don’t see an argument
the city was ravaged by war and black lion trading company is offering a substitution
may the six gods torment all who offer convenience and luxury at a reasonable price

Attachments:

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

Posted by: Icealen.3802

Icealen.3802

If it’s such a huge time waster for you to go to other cities besides LA for your business (which obviously are readily available and just as valid), what is the time you spent posting this on the forum considered? Time well spent?

You could’ve been playing the game instead.

Posted by: galen ubal.2807

galen ubal.2807

I dunno, I find threads like these very useful. I know which players I should block in game, so I don’t waste my time teaming or reading their drivel while I’m playing.

Posted by: starwatto.4527

starwatto.4527

Exactly this sort of non-stop being unhappy and crying is reason why people make fun of official forums community. YOU DON’T NEED THAT PASS. Is loading into one more zone such a big deal? Is it really? I hate people bashing ArenaNet just because they want to earn some money (everybody does). Anything that is on that freaking ship is also in the open-world for free. Ship is meant to be a VIP zone, so let it be if you don’t want to go there.

And stop expecting to get everything for free. I am really afraid of ArenaNet ever releasing a expansion, because most people on forums would be like “Oh my god, I have to pay for it? What the hell?” GET REAL.

Kthxbai.

Casually hardcore since 2012
Aurora Glade
[rddt]

Posted by: Saturn.6591

Saturn.6591

the stuff im talking about, you do en mass, like make 120 major sigils, then put em in the mystic forge to get superior runes. Or back in the day, when silk was cheaper than gossamer, promoting cheap silk to gossamer. cores to lodestones, incandescant dust to crystalline, teir 5-> teir 6.
Its not unccomon for a power crafter/merchant to have to do quite a bit at the mystic forge

You don’t need crafting stations to promote sigils or crafting mats. Just do that in Vigil Keep. And after you’re done and need to craft, take the portal to Rata Sum. You’ll be there and crafting in less than 20 seconds.

Posted by: echo.2053

echo.2053

Lololol anet is a company of people, people don’t work for free.

That being said la was one of the worst in terms of service proximity. Maybe I’m just biased after just completing 2nd legendary and crafting 1000’s of silk bolts but DR rekts la. Wp to bank/ bltr and then wp back to crafting stations while your still running to Evon to pick up your change.

All though it’s already it been that the gates have been moved to the vigil keep, let’s get real for a moment. If LA was so convenient for what purpose would you care about gate travel? Map completion and personal story. Neither would break the bank. At best 1-5 players used the gates in. 3 hour time span….. Not a vast majority either

You’d be better off begging anet to put the services back into destroyed la then trying to get a free pas or w/e your trying to do here. Lol I bet you’d love to be crafting and then just suddenly get face wrecked by and upscale mob .

Ps. Anet make that last part happen —--^

Bender the offender – Proud violator of 17 safe spaces –

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

Who gives a kitten?

You don’t, therefore no one should. That about right?

Rangersix.1754

the stuff im talking about, you do en mass, like make 120 major sigils, then put em in the mystic forge to get superior runes. Or back in the day, when silk was cheaper than gossamer, promoting cheap silk to gossamer. cores to lodestones, incandescant dust to crystalline, teir 5-> teir 6.

You don’t make those sigils in batches of 4, do you? No, you make the amount you’re going to merge and then head the mystic forge. That’s 1 trip, not 30.

This is seriously being blown out of proportions.

(edited by Rangersix.1754)

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

Exactly this sort of non-stop being unhappy and crying is reason why people make fun of official forums community. YOU DON’T NEED THAT PASS. Is loading into one more zone such a big deal? Is it really? I hate people bashing ArenaNet just because they want to earn some money (everybody does). Anything that is on that freaking ship is also in the open-world for free. Ship is meant to be a VIP zone, so let it be if you don’t want to go there.

Considering that it wasn’t needed before…yes, it is a big deal. And the problem isn’t about them making money. It is about them removing convenience and putting it over a paywall – and there is no excuse for that.
Lion’s Arch was a central hub because it had all the services there. Now they’re making an excuse of the emergency escape to put that convenience under a paywall – the airship pass. What you consider “VIP zone” is the convenience people had before this patch…except it didn’t need any pass.
There is absolutely no reason why there couldn’t be retrainers – they are refugees as well, after all – or crafting stations as well – they’ve built asura gates on a whim and they can’t afford an oven for cooking?

And stop expecting to get everything for free.

More like, avoid to put a payment for something that has always been free since the start of the game.

I am really afraid of ArenaNet ever releasing a expansion, because most people on forums would be like “Oh my god, I have to pay for it? What the hell?” GET REAL.

Kthxbai.

Unless they are planning to remove a part of the game to make it available only to people who have bought the expansion, i doubt there will be problems.

Posted by: Nozaton.9164

Nozaton.9164

I don’t usually post to forums but decided to on this topic. So here’s my 2cents.

I am like most people and don’t like so called “money grabs”, however I don’t really see the Captain’s Pass as one. It’s like most things in the gem Store… “it’s the cost of playing a free to play” game. Would you rather pay a monthly fee of say $14.99…$17.99 or an occasional $12.50 for something from the GS to help support the game?

Manuhell.2759

You are connecting convenience with LA. You are either lying or completely ignorant and choosing to stay ignorant. Seeing how your reply ignores many of the posts already in this thread, I’d say it’s the latter.

Name any other location other than LA that had got any service – retrainers, laurel vendors, dungeon vendors, crafting stations, mystic forge – all in the same map.

Any proposed solution in this thread requires using a portal to go somewhere else and, eventually, back.
Or using a pass.
To do something that, before, needed nothing else than walking in the same map.

Posted by: Dalent.9358

Dalent.9358

[…]convenient hub[…]level of convenience[…]

I see a trend here. You don’t NEED or DESERVE a convenient spot to do everything in on place. Go explore the world. You can WP instantly. It’s not like you have to wait 3 minutes for a tram or flight or something.

It’s a convenience. Thus it has a price.

Akurn – Asura Necromancer
Elzareth – Asura Mesmer

echo.2053

So much panic and anxiety over such a minor chance that may to most likely won’t be permanent. Maybe I can put a different spin on the view before going to get a brown paper bag.

Do you enjoy crafting, trading and changing builds but hate traveling to and from them?
Do hate relying on just one city for convenience?
Was that city suddenly and deliberately attacked by air and naval forces of scarlet briar?

If you’ve answer yes then I have a deal for you !!!!
Today I would like to introduce the captain airship pass. If you thought the 5 sec travel time between npcs in lions arch was fast and convenient then you are just starting to live. This pass gives you access to one of most exclusive merchant zones in the game, the havoc heir airship.

This mobility merchant aircraft come equipped with 100 flak and phalanx guns with a natural cursing altitude of 4000 rendering it completely invincible to any present or future enemy force.

As for merchant services, we have every crafting station each well maintained, person black lion trader to bring your good to and from the market, personal and Gus bankers for safe keeping valuables.

Ever been out in the fields of battle only to realize that you don’t have the right build? On board we have a personal trainer standing by to guide you to victory.

Let’s recap what you’ll get:

Captain pass granting unlimited access to this exclusive area from virtually anywhere in the game at no additional cost to you.
Guaranteed never to have your npc services disrupted by living story again.
Access to crafting stations, black lion trader, guild and personal bankers, personal trainer and mystic forge all within mere feet of each other.

All for the LOW ONE TIME price of $12.50.

Order today as the number of passes are limited

(edited by echo.2053)

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

Are you listening to yourself? You’re complaining about not having a 1-stop area, when EVERY CITY IN THE GAME IS A 1-STOP AREA! That post of yours is so bad that well…

Please explain how I get directly from WvW to Rata Sum (or any of these other supposed ‘1-STOP’ cities) without paying waypoint fees, I must have missed a gate somewhere.

What feature are you lacking in WvW, that you are also lacking in Vigil’s Keep, that you would need to go to Rata Sum for?

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Manuhell.2759

I see a trend here. You don’t NEED or DESERVE a convenient spot to do everything in on place. Go explore the world. You can WP instantly. It’s not like you have to wait 3 minutes for a tram or flight or something.

Except it was free before.

Kal Spiro.9745

And now it is still free but slightly less convenient, or just as convenient but not free. Things change, get over it.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist

Manuhell.2759

And now it is still free but slightly less convenient, or just as convenient but not free. Things change, get over it.

Or they could avoid making such changes just to have something more to charge with.
What next? Charging for the “convenient” map entrances we had since now?
“Oh, there has been a landslide so you can’t pass unless you’ve got our consortium gate contract; but you can still pass over that two minute trail without any charge”
Or they could charge for entering the mists swiftly?
“The gate is currently restricted to authorized personnel; so unless you have a Mist Officer’s Permit you must go there manually by using the Mist Road; it still gets there after all, you just need to walk a bit”

People would still defend them, anyway…

Kal Spiro.9745

Or they could avoid making such changes just to have something more to charge with.
What next? Charging for the “convenient” map entrances we had since now?
“Oh, there has been a landslide so you can’t pass unless you’ve got our consortium gate contract; but you can still pass over that two minute trail without any charge”
Or they could charge for entering the mists swiftly?
“The gate is currently restricted to authorized personnel; so unless you have a Mist Officer’s Permit you must go there manually by using the Mist Road; it still gets there after all, you just need to walk a bit”

People would still defend them, anyway…

Yes, because conveniences that exist all over the place are the same as game mechanics that don’t have legitimate backups?

Good argument. eye roll

echo.2053

Sounds like all you want to do is attack them and thus never will be pleased. I don’t think this is the correct game for you. That being said I would like to extend my sincerest apologizes on behalf of the gw2 community that your pressured into buying a completely optional item that can’t be bypassed because the 1 s 30 copper is bank breaking as well as who has the time to map travel.

I don’t know what else to tell ya

Posted by: CharrGirl.7896

CharrGirl.7896

Black Citadel has all services in close proximity to one another. I never used LA for that. You have crafting stations, bank and trade post all concentrated near the Diessa Gate.

Manuhell.2759

Yes, because conveniences that exist all over the place are the same as game mechanics that don’t have legitimate backups?

Good argument. eye roll

Yep, it is a good argument, because they did exactly the same to the Lion’s Arch conveniences: used an excuse to take them out and make them over a paywall.
And if people are fine with that, they’ll feel free to do it again.

Black Citadel has all services in close proximity to one another. I never used LA for that. You have crafting stations, bank and trade post all concentrated near the Diessa Gate.

Along with the famous Black Citadel Mystic Forge and their dungeon vendor, right?

Sounds like all you want to do is attack them and thus never will be pleased. I don’t think this is the correct game for you. That being said I would like to extend my sincerest apologizes on behalf of the gw2 community that your pressured into buying a completely optional item that can’t be bypassed because the 1 s 30 copper is bank breaking as well as who has the time to map travel.

I don’t know what else to tell ya

Or they could avoid removing conveniences just to put them over a paywall.

Posted by: Sourde Noire.5286

Sourde Noire.5286

Oh look, it’s the thread again where people complain about temporary things being a scam.

If they removed LA forever and put the ship as the only alternative into the game, I could see the point. As it stands, there’s just so many things you can do that are just as convenient (if not more because of LA loading times and machine strain) for the unbelievable amount of two weeks in which this will probably last, maybe four if the next step doesn’t liberate LA right away (which it probably won’t).

It’s just circular arguments all around, that’s why Anet probably won’t say anything. Personally, I prefer this over the past LS where everything was just so detached from the actual game world. This feels like it actually has an impact, even though LA will get back to more or less normal in the future.

echo.2053

Lol your in a better position just to protest them to put the services back in la so that you can face wrecked by an upscaled mob while crafting asc armor then to convince them not to find ways to pay the bills while continuing to give free access.

Chances are that la will go back to its former glory after the ls ( though I hope it never does, come at me bubbles) so all this hub bun will be in vain.

Lol charrgirl has some brass for wanting to be in the black citadel