Battle for Lion's Arch Open Issues and Tips

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

We need to know how many people are in any given map/instance and if the events are scaling because there is no way with five and one afk, we had any kind of a chance against Scarlet in her instance after the Knights…

Something is very, very wrong if this is supposed to scale to the number of players because it is not scaling at all.

If it is not scaling – what is the minimum number of people – stop playing “hide the info” and tell us what to do to beat these re-buffed and impossible knights and Scarlet instances.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

Posted by: BAWW.8104

BAWW.8104

All of the Battle for Lion’s Arch achievements have been tested for their functionality and do unlock correctly; I have a few tips/notes for each:

Six Minutes to Knightfall

• This is likely not awarding due to the way we are currently awarding participation and rewards. Once we fix the first two issues listed in this post, this achievement should be attainable for everyone who gets event credit for an Assault Knight in a map.

Nope, it’s not unlocking correctly

Red was the first one down, and a few individuals at red got the achievement the very moment it died, before the other two colours were even dead. It’s still being awarded to random individuals for no apparent reason, just as it did the past few days.

No one else in that attempt got the achievement, despite collectively achieving exactly what was required.

atheria.2837

I think a solution to this would be to port to scarlet’s lair entrance as it is just out of range of her gun.

I think a 10 second invulnerability when teleporting in would be a solid solution as well since she very well may have fired at someone standing by that door.

Most of the players are downed when they enter into the Scarlet part of the quest…

That negates skill and builds in failure – I am sure that was not the intention of going into the instance…

In reality, we would use shields, armor and mitigation going into that area but not one of our skills or armor help?

Something is very wrong if we are supposed to be the heroes of Tyria… Pretty weak “hero”.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

atheria.2837

All of the Battle for Lion’s Arch achievements have been tested for their functionality and do unlock correctly; I have a few tips/notes for each:

Six Minutes to Knightfall

• This is likely not awarding due to the way we are currently awarding participation and rewards. Once we fix the first two issues listed in this post, this achievement should be attainable for everyone who gets event credit for an Assault Knight in a map.

Nope, it’s not unlocking correctly

Red was the first one down, and a few individuals at red got the achievement the very moment it died, before the other two colours were even dead. It’s still being awarded to random individuals for no apparent reason, just as it did the past few days.

No one else in that attempt got the achievement, despite collectively achieving exactly what was required.

I agree with everything you said and I saw similar things going on.

This event is far from fixed to be able to do it without everyone losing somewhere.

Posted by: Folsted.8647

Folsted.8647

The Assault knights were intended to be a fight that players had to split up and fight at the same time

I really wish Arenanet would make this clear by making a tutorial video before the patch even goes live. It would save players from SO much hostility in map chat. I do like trying to figure things out for myself but, not in a hostile environment.

And yes, it seemed perfectly clear we were to split into 3 groups. The portals right next to the Knights was a big enough sign

Oh, while I might have your eye’s for a moment, maybe a video covering the importance of food, utility, and stacking buffs please? The majority of players I’ve been in zone with today haven’t had any. With a DPS check like the Knights, I figured players would know to come ready to hit hard but, I don’t think players care enough or simply know enough about the mechanics of foods and utilities beyond magic find. That everyone knows well it seems.

Thank you for working on this. I’m looking forward to an update and fix for the Knights loot. Also, crossing my fingers someone turns up the drop rate on cores to make up for the lost time. wink.. wink.. nudge, nudge

I apologize if this makes me sound kind of mad, but I do not want all these tutorial videos to be a thing… I really don’t want this to be even more baby friendly by telling people exactly what to do and how to do it… there’s already so much baby sitting in the game, so many people spam “where is something” in chat instead of actually trying to figure something out themselves. Also even though I write the Knights tactics in chat almost every time I’m there (such as how to dodge it) I still see people dying to the first pull, second and third even. People are either just afk after the first “1” pressed or they don’t like to listen to tips/tricks unless it gives them loot.
I like the feeling of discovering stuff for myself most of the time, not being spoon-fed with videos and text from the game about how to do everything.

And to be honest, that we were supposed to fight the knights split up were obvious, but near impossible due to some of the above mentioned and people waiting to be rezzed when dead in the middle of a fight.

The whole zerg content need to be reduced, it’s really sad to see people getting rewards from being afk, such as the first part of the LA patch when others do the hard work.
Some punishment for people would be nice, otherwise they’ll keep being lazy and not learning the game, it’s strategies and mechanics.

Posted by: Squee Squashington.5189

Squee Squashington.5189

Remember when world bosses were buffed because they didn’t want people standing around auto-attacking. At least with the zergball we had to move from boss to boss to be successful. Now we are literally standing around and straight up turreting.

I don’t see what the problem was with have the zerg for the assault knights pre-event when the portal to the Prime hologram splits the zerg anyway.

Legendary Defender of Casuals

Posted by: Minos.5168

Minos.5168

We need to know how many people are in any given map/instance and if the events are scaling because there is no way with five and one afk, we had any kind of a chance against Scarlet in her instance after the Knights…

Something is very, very wrong if this is supposed to scale to the number of players because it is not scaling at all.

If it is not scaling – what is the minimum number of people – stop playing “hide the info” and tell us what to do to beat these re-buffed and impossible knights and Scarlet instances.

They should have maxed the Knights out at scaling for 50 players in the latest patch (since they’ve now limited the buff to 50 players at a time.)

Posted by: Ceridwen.6703

Ceridwen.6703

Just took part on an overflow via Desolation (I guested!), and the green and red knights went down, but the blue reset its health. Players were split up amongst the knights. Red and green received shinies, blue (and only blue) received nothing, not even for taking part (did get the daily update, though, so that’s something).

“Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Steve R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn.”

Posted by: Iant Aman.4390

Iant Aman.4390

Well, just some feedback on the recent Battle for LA-changes:
Loot seems to work now (provided you manage to do some damage to the knights: i.e. not no. 51+ on that knight and getting the buff).
There is (apart from disconnect…) however one problem that persists:
If there were really ~ 150 players taking part in event, splitting up correctly and sticking to the place in which they killed their knight, things would most likely work out fine.
In the last event this did not work out, though: blue knight got killed, seconds after red knight (unfortunately the health bars seem to be bugged, so there is no way of telling). All of blue knight people zerged on to green knight, apart from three of us. Green knight got killed, we got loot chest, the three of us (not in the same party) entered ‘our’ portal and found ourselves alone in that corner of Scarlet event.
Slowly a couple of others followed (probably excess numbers from one of the other corners) until we were around 9 when the event finally started (some may have left, because there seemed to be nothing happening for a while)
Have you ever slain the hologram with 9 players? No? Me neither…
So, stage one seems to work ok-ish now (once everybody gets the ‘split up or get no loot’ message). Stage 2 (fighting the holograms) will need some re-consideration in my opinion.

Posted by: Skribulous.3521

Skribulous.3521

In attempting to break the zerg, they broke the event instead.

Why can’t Anet just roll back to how it worked 2 days ago, then work on fixing what went wrong from there? Feels like any attempt of fixing bugs just ended up introducing new bugs and/or breaking what doesn’t need fixing in the first place.

Posted by: BAWW.8104

BAWW.8104

There is no “150 players”.

Even in the fully organized TTS run with a very hard-capped map mentioned above, there weren’t more than 40 players per knight.

A portion of the map will always be off doing their own things and not participating in this event.

I’ve been on several other overflows since the patch that managed to muster 25~30 players per knight, and that apparently isn’t enough participants/DPS to complete the event.

The scaling and base expectations for this event is just unrealistic.

A typical overflow will at best be soft-capped and not hard-capped. Only a portion of players on the map will be participating in this event. Only a portion of these participants will be in their best form, many others will be up-levelled, running sub-optimal builds, without food and buffs, not so good at dodging, etc. If the intended audience of this final living story chapter is “everyone”, then the balance of difficulty needs to take into account all of those. This isn’t Tequatl or 3-headed Wurm.

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

Yeah, nice and all, but what about the people who did the event before this change and didn’t get loot from knights?
Especially since it was even disabled for a days or so – and if i thought it was a bug before, after the changes it would seem it was disabled on purpose.

So…bugged loot for the first days, no loot for a day and nerfed loot now. Amazing, especially when nothing was done when people were champ farming the event before.
And that wasn’t even helping the event, unlike the knight killing.

Posted by: lazarus.1639

lazarus.1639

Well, I guess it’s time to move out from Lion’s Arch. If the event is no longer profitable and we can’t play the way we want, there’s no reason to stay.
I feel sorry for all the people who didn’t get the achievements/shinnies they wanted before the patch, but I don’t want to spend my time on a broken event, for I don’t have much time to spend here…

Posted by: Kintaro.6109

Kintaro.6109

In Tune

• This achievement is also a tricky one, I would recommend you disable your auto attack so that you are precisely controlling when you hit the holograms. Necros, Rangers, Mesmers; watch your minions, pets, clones, and phantasms, their damage counts against you if you are not attuned. Engineers, your turrets fall under that category as well. For all professions, I would recommend crafting your build based solely on damage your character does and not use any summons or sources of outside damage. Again, attention is critical, always be aware of your current attunement and the attunement of the hologram you are fighting.

So basically, what you’re saying is:

• Mesmers are useless, unless they want to spam 1. After all, it’s not like their core mechanics was to summon illusions…
  • Rangers, whose particularity is to use a pet, cannot use a pet…
  • MM necros and turret engineers who have chosen to build their character this way because they actually like it can’t play either…

We must not forget that condition builds are lethal against Knights and if you wanna have a chance to kill the cannoneer you NEED to play melee.

What happened to the old “Play your character the way you like”? To me we don’t have a choice anymore. Rangers in general and condition builds were already depreciated but there, they are just completely useless. You even ignore the core mechanics of some classes…

If at least (for the professions that are actually still playable) we could swap builds easily as we did in GW1…

(edited by Kintaro.6109)

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

It’s for one achievement… you’ll still be able to complete your meta without it. No big deal.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

Posted by: AKGeo.6048

AKGeo.6048

You devs don’t seem to really be understanding the main point behind this.

Achievements that require almost superhuman care in timing attunements and ranged damage, because meleeing is 90% discouraged throughout the entire event, are not primarily going to get players to play it as you had intended. They’re going to leech the map, get their tags, and stand in a safe spot the rest of the fight. This puts everyone else at a disadvantage.

Achievements that have timers are bad.

Events that have timers need to be scaled to be realistically completed with a less-than-full server. You know, that whole “scaling” thing. 20 people on a knight shouldn’t have to burn down the same HP as a full attunement queue. It should scale to allow 20 people to burn it as fast as fifty would. This is not the case. Everyone loses, especially those who are unfortunate enough to get stuck on a lacking knight, because they have the willingness to play it YOUR way. YOU want us to play it a certain way, then make kitten sure it can be completed that way.

I have the same gripe with open world content. Tequatl still requires an organized guild-led event to complete. The Wurm still fails frequently even with hard-capped, fully organized and equipped guild runs. The Marionette’s success hinged on a handful of people per lane, randomly, parties ignored, grab-bag of level sub-80s (potentially level 30-40, considering the zone).

And now this. A two-part event where everyone needs to be on the ball otherwise it’s a failure for everyone.

And what’s with the random assignment of cores? I fought red today on my engineer because I wanted static cores. I killed red. Blue killed theirs. Green failed because they had the leftovers. I got a green core. What is this I don’t even….

If you want to make super-challenging content that requires mass communication and organization, make it instanced, make it selective, and make it worth doing. If you want to make a living story that people will come away from with a smile on their face, then make it easy enough to do while still being challenging, and make the LIMITED TIME REWARDS realistically obtainable without pandering to the Trading Post whores flipping the flavor of the week commodity.

And why is the numerical FIFTY edited? Seriously?

(edited by AKGeo.6048)

AKGeo.6048

It’s for one achievement… you’ll still be able to complete your meta without it. No big deal.

It is a big deal. And I’ll tell you why:

Because it’s there. It exists. It awards points that work towards an even greater reward, including gold, gems, pvp gear, gem shop boosters, wvw blueprints, laurels, account magic find/karma/experience/gold bonuses, etc.

It should be able to be completed without having to shun a particular build or class. Period.

Posted by: Groonz.7825

Groonz.7825

This living story was riddled with bugs and was messy which was saddening for their finale.

Knights

Need to kill 3 legendary bosses in 6 minutes.

The scaling is bugged sometimes one or two of them don’t scale and die 20 seconds and the others are super scaled.

Loot drops from the knights were confusing and no one understood if it was daily or bugged until days later when they saw that no drops were happening after daily resets. To make it even worse Anet were completely silent throughout this, forums were swamped with questions and there was 0 responses.

Patched now so the knights have 50 player participant limits, which should have been there in the first place because it wasn’t thought of the first place, players came up with the zerg tactics which brought more overall success. Now they have changed it which means people have to adjust to this, unfortunately you get players who simply aren’t aware of the change and still play the old tactics without realising. 50 people have buff, but more people come? scales the boss more won’kitten which then ends up with players being frustrated that non damage contributing players are now contributing to the scaling.

With the patched updated it’s now harder to take down the bosses. 50 player limit on each boss? good luck getting 40 on each boss. You’ll maybe fill out on one boss and have 20 on the other and 10 on the last. To make it worse, it seems that either they patched in or bugged to make the nights tougher, they take less damage even with the colour buff.

Which means more fail, but it’s ok we still get loot! Nope. Only the ones who managed to kill the knights get rewards, the players who didn’t have enough at their knight get nothing.

Scarlet

Achievements were able to be obtained by afking. Which ended up with masses of players afking.

Portal in at the start and you had the chance to get stuck and if you jumped you got stuck in mid air which you could not break out of unless you got killed or knocked back from the laser attacks.

They already fixed the portal in and landing on an instant laser attack but that was still a disaster pre-patch.

So many horrible things happened in this living story.

For me personally the worst part was the complete and utter silence in the first 2 days where they responded to nothing. On Living Story release day! No acknowledgement of what was being listed down as issues.

I’m not sure if they released the Living Story before it was quitting time (work) but I’d expect there to be a team or something that is there to get the instant feedback after releasing the Living Story update to simply be able to point out things like “No the knight drops aren’t daily” “That looks like it’s bug, shouldn’t be happening.”…

/rantttt

Posted by: Kyvia.5961

Kyvia.5961

This living story was riddled with bugs and was messy which was saddening for their finale.

Knights

Need to kill 3 legendary bosses in 6 minutes.

The scaling is bugged sometimes one or two of them don’t scale and die 20 seconds and the others are super scaled……
/rantttt

Amen!

Posted by: Sera.6539

Sera.6539

Achievements that require almost superhuman care in timing attunements and ranged damage, because meleeing is 90% discouraged throughout the entire event, are not primarily going to get players to play it as you had intended. They’re going to leech the map, get their tags, and stand in a safe spot the rest of the fight. This puts everyone else at a disadvantage.

Just wanted to comment on this specifically. It doesn’t require superhuman care. Just a little bit. Turn off auto attack, watch your buff bar, proceed as normal. I got both the attunement and laser achievements doing the boss “as intended (ranging was probably intended merely due to the damage lasers can cause standing up close).” It’s just people are lazy and don’t want to do any work. If anything, ANet should close up methods for people to be lazy. Besides ensuring the achievement unlocks correctly, there’s nothing really wrong with them (besides being group-temporary and the laser insta-deathing you if you spawn at the wrong time).

Gelda Nebilim – Nagare [NGE] – Crystal Desert
http://youtube.com/user/Royblazer

AKGeo.6048

Just wanted to comment on this specifically. It doesn’t require superhuman care. Just a little bit. Turn off auto attack, watch your buff bar, proceed as normal. I got both the attunement and laser achievements doing the boss “as intended (ranging was probably intended merely due to the damage lasers can cause standing up close).” It’s just people are lazy and don’t want to do any work. If anything, ANet should close up methods for people to be lazy. Besides ensuring the achievement unlocks correctly, there’s nothing really wrong with them (besides being group-temporary and the laser insta-deathing you if you spawn at the wrong time).

Except the event is timed and if you’re seen running around not attacking (because you can’t safely get to an attunement aoe because you value not taking damage by a giant purple stripe on the ground or getting one-shotted by a non-telegraphed random stomp by the hologram itself), you’ll get yelled at and ridiculed for “leeching”.

So you get what you can and launch your attack in earnest, while avoiding attacks, and oops there goes your attunement in mid-volley or grenade toss. Oh well, next time a full server is able to kill all three knights, you’ll get another shot at it.

Mmhmm.

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Because it’s there. It exists. It awards points that work towards an even greater reward, including gold, gems, pvp gear, gem shop boosters, wvw blueprints, laurels, account magic find/karma/experience/gold bonuses, etc.

It should be able to be completed without having to shun a particular build or class. Period.

A very very very small amount of points that add towards those greater rewards, yes. It’s still not very significant nor a big deal.

Inb4 something about achievement point leaderboards.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

Posted by: Sera.6539

Sera.6539

Except the event is timed and if you’re seen running around not attacking (because you can’t safely get to an attunement aoe because you value not taking damage by a giant purple stripe on the ground or getting one-shotted by a non-telegraphed random stomp by the hologram itself), you’ll get yelled at and ridiculed for “leeching”.

So you get what you can and launch your attack in earnest, while avoiding attacks, and oops there goes your attunement in mid-volley or grenade toss. Oh well, next time a full server is able to kill all three knights, you’ll get another shot at it.

Mmhmm.

Never seen a non-telegraphed random stomp, on high, medium, and low graphics. Also, it’s not like you have to complete both attunement and laser achievements in one run. Make it easier on your life and do one then the other. That must be some server/overflow you’re on that people call leeching if you’re in the active battlefield.

I am not advocating for group-temporary achievements. I hate them too. But the Prime Hologram achievements (specifically) are very doable, and are quite simple, barring other people.

Gelda Nebilim – Nagare [NGE] – Crystal Desert
http://youtube.com/user/Royblazer

(edited by Sera.6539)

AKGeo.6048

A very very very small amount of points that add towards those greater rewards, yes. It’s still not very significant nor a big deal.

Inb4 something about achievement point leaderboards.

Existing achievements awarding points are all significant. They all add up. Even 5AP is AP, and it’s one daily I don’t need to complete in full. Or five tiers of a pvp achievement. And the fact that they’re likely going to put this into every forthcoming living world update.

Posted by: Faowri.4159

Faowri.4159

This isn’t Tequatl or 3-headed Wurm.

I think this is the most important thing to remember. It’s not even really about loot access.

Defeating the knights is required for people without a backpack to experience the finale. This content is potentially story-blocking.

Hard content requiring serious coordination is absolutely great but there’s a right time and a right place for it, and blocking access to the final boss and finale of this LS arc is not really it. I can see a lot of casual players not even getting to Scarlet unless they seriously up their play time in the hopes of hitting a successful run. And even if they manage to scrape together enough time and stuff to put a spinal blade backpiece together and take the shortcut, hopping through a portal and one-shotting the villain a hell of a lot of people have wanted to see dead for a year is the definition of anticlimactic.

My suggestion, though I suspect it’s already too late in the day: Keep the knights as bosses. Have the portals open regardless once their timer runs out. Maybe defeating them gives you a buff of some kind for the actual final boss fight instead.

AKGeo.6048

Good point about the backpack.

This event is hard for the sole purpose of getting people to use backpack blueprints, and remove large amounts of materials from the market, while redistributing gold into the coffers of the tp flippers.

Just spend that 100g and you’ve got the finale with really no lead-in story. Or you can beat your head against the wall on a pug-impossible limited-availability boss fight.

Posted by: Magnus Steelgrave.6580

Magnus Steelgrave.6580

Mmhmm.

So you can’t avoid the giant red circle that pops up like 5 seconds before the stomp or are you too stubborn to turn on the aoe thing under options because that’s not “your way of playing”? And you can’t be troubled to look at your buff bar to pay attention to when your attune meant runs out so you can be right by the circles to recharge? Come on now guys this is a ridiculously easy encounter if you would bother to pay the least bit of attention to it. The ap situation is unfortunate yes and I’m sure will be fixed in a couple days but there is seriously no reason to complain about these incredibly easily dodged attacks.

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

The “fix” for the loot is barely better than it was. Now we only get one champs loot, if that. It should be changed to like teq/wurm to where you get different tier/amount of loot based on the number of knights killed overall. All three get killed, you get the same number of loot as we did pre loot bug causing patch. As it is now, we’re not getting enough chances for the power cores. Always one step forward, two steps back with them…

So…bugged loot for the first days, no loot for a day and nerfed loot now. Amazing, especially when nothing was done when people were champ farming the event before.
And that wasn’t even helping the event, unlike the knight killing.

Sounds like normal LS patches. Nerfs to anything that gave us the event items…

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

(edited by skullmount.1758)

Posted by: Cletus Van Damme.2795

Cletus Van Damme.2795

I never really thought about it like that, the final to the living story is hidden behind a buggy incomplete mess unless you buy a backpack.

Might want to leave the story instance transporter open until this event is bug tested.

Magumer Ranger

Posted by: TheHeretic.3529

TheHeretic.3529

I think it would be a really good idea for patch notes to be mailed out to everyone in-game. There’s so many wasted bodies in the maps that still think the zerg tactic works.

With that said, we did succeed on JQ main channel with 10 seconds left on the last knight.

Maybe I’m a thorn in your perfection
A heretic’s voice in your head
A stargazer, releaser

Posted by: Kapina.9012

Kapina.9012

I’ve said a few times in forums that difficult achievements (No more tricks, Scarlet; In tune and Six minutes to knightfall) should NOT be a part of huge zerg content. Those kinds of achievements make players rude/not caring about other people. For example both No more tricks and In tune only make people afk the last fight, annoying others.

I still think that hard achievements are great, but they should be part of solofight of some sort like in Queen’s pavillion (Liandri and 8 orb thing, both awesome achievements that was just about your own motivation/skill/time commitment).

The six minutes to knightfall is also in my opinion a bad achievement since it leads to name calling and it splits the people in the map. In all honesty I’ve been playing without map chat for these 2 days now since it’s just about which colour to do first and people start whining and complaining. Also for the hardcore achievement hunters this achievement in an overflow/smaller server is impossible.

I’m a bit upset how the finale turned out because of the bugs. Hopefully things will get sorted out.

Posted by: Zoid.2568

Zoid.2568

Not rewarding enough chests and cores.

ArenaNet are the masters of nerfs.

Posted by: MAGpie.7962

MAGpie.7962

Scaling is not working. If only 50 people can damage, the scaling needs to cap out at 50 as well. Instead, everyone rushes to the knight that is still up, making killing it, virtually impossible. Rubbish.

Worst part is, that the 2 groups that make is impossible for group 3 to succeed, get rewards for their kills. My mind is blown by this…

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

Well imo this event is just a washout… first you market all the nice stuff that the knights can drop on top of the deluxe chests.. except they didn’t drop nowt, not even the chests…. then you change it and hope we swallow it nicely except completing a single knight is for the most part out of reach until maybe peak server time and even then the reward is watered down…. you have wasted so many players time and effort, For me im done with it, I’ve killed the wicked witch of the north enuff times and gpt my helm skin and ascended Back item – I can do without a pretty color on it.. next time don’t mislead ya playerbase, we might like you all a bit more.

Ooh and the stealth nerf to up DR and down DPS whilst pumping the scaling is just lame kitten lazy mechanics imo… for what exactly? – - Oh yeah splititing up the zerg so we have 3 zergs instead of 1. pfft worst event patch so far thank god your taking a break from LS… maybe you might start putting some proper thought into developing content that doesn’t attract zergwars in the first place.

Posted by: Hebee.8460

Hebee.8460

TC main failed cause blue went insta heal to full at 5-10%.
Red & green died though.
I got 6 gear champ boxes and a Static core

Other then the insta full heal/fail – I like it

Update on the 2nd run after the patch for TC main (I went to bed after):

- Completed & went smoothly.
- 1 commander at each knight with 10-15min prior the event. The commanders count all who are there & start announcing in map chat how many they have.
- Constant map chat update to each knights health. The HUD that shows you how much health each knight is at was bugged to the previous run, with red/green dead & blue at 75% since it was healed. Once blue got below 75% it started to drop, but red/green were showing dead whole fight
- Once a knight died, map chat announce its down & cheered on other knights.
- Announced to map chat for everyone to stay at their current knight to avoid scaling up since it was unnecessary to have more then 50 at other knights up.
- Blue Knight Commander made sure to assign people (most likely his group) to mender watch, just to make sure they didn’t get to watch knight. They go down easy.
- Rewarded with 6 gear chests, no cores, but other party member got a core (kitten my RNG! :P )
- After knights are down, had a nice gap then a cinematic that allowed players enough time to port onto drill without having to worry about getting shot, & losing out on achieves.

The 1st run though, I did notice (And I believe others have mentioned) that when failed, if your knight is still alive & others are downed – you get no reward. THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED.

Overall – The fix is good, but minor tweaks still will make it a greater event.

(edited by Hebee.8460)

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

Some suggestions because things are still not working as they should.

• Cap boss scaling at 50. Currently they have no cap and keep scaling if more than 50 players are present.
  • Fix Menders so they don’t heal Blue Knight to full in an instant if they manage to get to it.
  • Review your balance changes as everyone suddenly deals ~50% less damage compared to before this patch!
  • Give the reward chest to everyone who participated in the boss battle. Now only those that actually kill their knight get a single chest while the others (usually at green) get nothing!
  • Give 1 reward chest for each knight defeated, so if all 3 knights are defeated every participant will get 3 chests and 3 chances at a core!
Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU

(edited by Aveneo.2068)

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

Fixed a bug that prevented players from receiving loot from the Assault Knights. A reward chest will now be awarded after all three Assault Knight events have finished, and will be given to the corresponding participants even if only one Assault Knight was defeated.

Well, back to Frostgorge or Queensdale.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Fixed a bug that prevented players from receiving loot from the Assault Knights. A reward chest will now be awarded after all three Assault Knight events have finished, and will be given to the corresponding participants even if only one Assault Knight was defeated.

Does this reward come in the form of a chest that appears somewhere that we have to open or do the rewards auto-pop up? Because, since the patch, I’ve gotten no automatic rewards other than the silver/karma from event completion.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Posted by: Vladeemer.5076

Vladeemer.5076

Some suggestions because things are still not working as they should.

• Cap boss scaling at 50. Currently they have no cap and keep scaling if more than 50 players are present.
  • Fix Menders so they don’t heal Blue Knight to full in an instant if they manage to get to it.
  • Review your balance changes as everyone suddenly deals ~50% less damage compared to before this patch!

All of this. Also what other players have mentioned regarding adjusting loot to match the number of knights that went down, instead of just the one you’re at. Currently this method punishes players for playing the events the way the devs wanted us to vs. the more lucrative zergfest.

This current system suggests a disregard for the longstanding community desire for a rewards=time invested formula. I shouldn’t have to spend ~five hours a day fighting to get into blue group (since those cores are the most lucrative) because the event will not reward me for supporting my server by going to another knight. All drops should be available to all participants.

Posted by: Minos.5168

Minos.5168

Does this reward come in the form of a chest that appears somewhere that we have to open or do the rewards auto-pop up? Because, since the patch, I’ve gotten no automatic rewards other than the silver/karma from event completion.

I only got it once from killing two knights.
Then got it from killing all 3.

2 subsequent times, killing 2 knights resulted in nothing.

It’s broken again.

Surprise!

Posted by: Dreamwolf.7423

Dreamwolf.7423

The Scarlet Holo fight begins 5 minutes after the first Knight’s death; originally, this was not an issue because a map divided into groups of three would take down the Knights within 5 minutes of each other. However, with recent player tactic changes, the first Knight is dying as much as 10 minutes before players get up to the Breachmaker, meaning that you will portal up into an active fight, possibly die before you load in, and you can lose time on the Scarlet Holo Fight timer. We are working on ways to make sure that players will have much less risk to portal up to an in progress fight.

For the time being, I encourage you to encourage your fellow players to wait to kill the first Knight until a time where the other two Knights are closer to death. If you can get the Prime attunement in under 5 minutes from the first Assault Knight’s death, you will portal up to a grace period and you will have some time to load in and prepare yourself before the Prime Hologram begins her onslaught. Again, it is an issue we are aware of and should improve with the Assault Knight fixes.

So, what you’re saying is, that the Holo fight starts regardless if anyone is in there to fight it so when/if people do go in, they insta-lose the achievement?

Posted by: MAGpie.7962

MAGpie.7962

Really starting to gripe me how if your knight fail, you get… leme count… um, nothing. However, you can be part of one succeeding, and not even look to the other one, and get for 2. Yip.

Well though through that mechanic.

Posted by: Blade Syphon.4325

Blade Syphon.4325

TC main failed cause blue went insta heal to full at 5-10%.
Red & green died though.
I got 6 gear champ boxes and a Static core

Other then the insta full heal/fail – I like it

Update on the 2nd run after the patch for TC main (I went to bed after):

- Completed & went smoothly.
- 1 commander at each knight with 10-15min prior the event. The commanders count all who are there & start announcing in map chat how many they have.
- Constant map chat update to each knights health. The HUD that shows you how much health each knight is at was bugged to the previous run, with red/green dead & blue at 75% since it was healed. Once blue got below 75% it started to drop, but red/green were showing dead whole fight
- Once a knight died, map chat announce its down & cheered on other knights.
- Announced to map chat for everyone to stay at their current knight to avoid scaling up since it was unnecessary to have more then 50 at other knights up.
- Blue Knight Commander made sure to assign people (most likely his group) to mender watch, just to make sure they didn’t get to watch knight. They go down easy.
- Rewarded with 6 gear chests, no cores, but other party member got a core (kitten my RNG! :P )
- After knights are down, had a nice gap then a cinematic that allowed players enough time to port onto drill without having to worry about getting shot, & losing out on achieves.

The 1st run though, I did notice (And I believe others have mentioned) that when failed, if your knight is still alive & others are downed – you get no reward. THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED.

Overall – The fix is good, but minor tweaks still will make it a greater event.

The fix is good…If you’re not on an over flow, and the server you’re on has dedicated commanders and a group of people that want to actually complete the event.

Now that the Knights give very little loot, and require much more coordination to down, this event is going to fall to the wayside like so many others.

This update isn’t there to “encourage” people to split up, it’s to force them to split up, and while it works well in Anet’s imaginary world where there’s hundreds of people on each map all working together at the same time to do these events, in reality this isn’t the case.

Look at the forums, look at the map chat in any over flow server, hell look at the map chat in any smaller server. People no longer care about the Knights, and because of that, people won’t be doing much of the Holo-fight anymore either.

It’s great you had a good run through the encounter, but that’s not the norm, and saying that the fight is fine is not helping at all. It’s not, and all I can say is I’m sorry for those that haven’t had a chance to fight the Hologram yet, seeing as now their chance to see the fight is going to be greatly diminished unless they guets to a high population server that has an organized run of this, or get lucky on an Over Flow.

Outside of the over abundance of loot, this LS was the first time in awhile that Anet actually had content that was accessible to everyone, yet semi-challenging in the form of (optional) achievements. People were able to down the Knights and the Hologram just fine, but if they wanted the additional achievements, they had something to work towards, or in the case of the 6 minute knight kill, could organize a group and down them if they wanted it.

Now, however, Anet has decided to force people to play their way after throwing what could best be described as a fit that players weren’t adhering to their precious vision, and now no one gets to have fun anymore.

Posted by: alceleniel.3697

alceleniel.3697

So what about the blue knight healing to full during the fight? I thought it was a bug and fixed. Or are the adds healing him as some say in chat?

Posted by: Dozzer.1750

Dozzer.1750

OK, so the outcome of the patch is that you are meant to split up with the view that you will get rewarded wherever you are, as long as you participate. Nice idea and quite balanced. The certainty of a holo fight reward is removed but it’s at least replaced with a knight reward for downing one knight.

But instead we have a situation that means if you do split and then you end up on a knight that fails, you don’t get anything…….. which means you are pushed to try and camp the one fight that will win, i.e. RED. Making it even worse as a zerg fest. Oh dear, what a mess.

Posted by: DougTheSlug.3920

DougTheSlug.3920

Our attempt on YB went sort of ok. We killed all the knights and did not see complaints of no loot. And then the platforms went bad. My knight happened to be the first one down, got all 3 attunes and went to portal. I was one of the first in. Well our platform was severely undermanned. If the design is green to nw blue to ne red to south, the issue was some red ran off to help blue kill the knight since we didn’t have 50 at any knight.

And of course no core, so meh. It is still a flawed battle after how many patches to fix?

I am pretty sure the platforms are round robin, not red knight goes to platform X.
I am basing this conclusion off one piece of evidence. On YB run last night, right after patch, there were 3 commanders. One at each knight, doing counts of players. Then on the platforms, one of them had 2 commanders. So unless one of the commanders jumped to another knight** after they killed the first one, this proves the distribution is random.

• I’m not even sure if this is possible, since it sounds like once you have one attunement, you’re set to one of those 50 slots and can’t change.

Posted by: Folsted.8647

Folsted.8647

Just did a great overflow kill on knight (after patch ofc) which resulted in reward again (in the corner chests). I think we were about 20-30 people at each knight and weren’t late or anything.
We then got to the hologram arena where (for me at the green portal at least) had to wait those 2 min for fight to begin and to see only 8-10 people in our arena.. We almost completed the hologram fight with 8 people, but failed by 2 mins.
I’m not sure if we were in a different arena than the rest of the people (because a party member in the middle of the fight entered the scarlet ending instance (maybe just through the portal on ground)). but 8 people seems like an awfull few people to enter that hologram fight.
Otherwise I’ll say good fix, especially with the thought of zergs.

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

Of course in the heat of battle everything is a kittenaotic (no idea why that word is censored), but how much more realistic and exciting would this make it.

Chaotic isn’t. You preceded it with bit and followed that with a ch word.

Posted by: Titus.4285

Titus.4285

Just tried the event chain again now after the patch. People started splitting up, like ANet always wanted us to do. People talked together and listened to each other. We gathered at the plaza and organized into three groups.

We still failed miserably in hitting the 6 min. mark (I presume due to issues with scaling the event down to 30-40 players per Knight). But, this was so much more fun!!!
It was great to see people choosing to discuss tactics and organizing instead of just zerging together!

So, thank you ANet for trying to make the game fun and challenging! Some parts are still buggy as hell (e.g. the UI was not working properly: all three knights appeared to have zero health on the event tracker), but at the speed you’re putting out content I can’t really blame you.
I’m more frustrated with ourselves; the players, than what I am with ANet’s bugs. ANet tried their very best to hint towards a split. Still, all we did was zerg up. Are we really so simple minded, that ANet needs to FORCE us into thinking outside the box – and having fun?

Yes, it’s still buggy. Yes, the achivement is still very hard and challenging. I might not get it. Also I really liked the way the cutscenes were implemented into this last LS chapter (no, I don’t like Scarlet particulary much either, no one did). But just think of where we started with the 2-way dialouge ‘thing’ in the “Personal Story”, and of where we are now!?

ANet, you’ve shown that you’re learing from (most of) your mistakes, and that you’re really trying hard to deliver better and better content! I don’t necessarily disagree with the complaints in this thread. But hell, you deserve a little credit for your job and for your efforts in making GW2 a better game, step by step.

Keep up the spirits and the good work! (And dare to think BIG about presenting your lore in the most spectacular ways!)

Let the Kings and Queens of other lands and lesser creatures
witness our wonders and cry out in astonishment and humble themselves.
Beware our mighty works.

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

The TTS guilds got in on the action tonight and owned the knights no less than 3 times, all of which were in less than 5 minutes. Will we be seeing our deserved AP’s for this achievement? I think not.

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”