Battle for Lion's Arch Open Issues and Tips

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: BlackyWarsX.5384

BlackyWarsX.5384

Now I got your point. Thanks for the explanation…

But then again, I don’t understand why now. I killed red and blue once within 6 minutes and green more than – let’s assume – 12 times within 6 minutes, all before the loot patch. After that and hearing the achievement would still be buggy, I didn’t really care and tried it one or two times. With that in mind, I should have got the achievement a long time before, since I should have been flagged in the database for every kill within 6 minutes. It’s confusing and now I’m getting a headache

Anyways, it’s good some people are trying to figure that one out and the achievement should be fixed – or if it takes too long, Anet should just give the achievement to everyone after the event is over, since it has to be pure luck to get that specific achievement.

Posted by: TatsuKan.5412

TatsuKan.5412

All of the Battle for Lion’s Arch achievements have been tested for their functionality and do unlock correctly

I love this categorical statement when it’s obviously bugged…
Calling into question ? none !

[CPC] [Vizunah Square] – Nantes (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nantes)

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

I’ve kinda given up already, I have the meta award and banging my head against this particular buggy brick wall for an achievement that is not reflective of an actual personal achievement (because of the other 149 people it requires) seems kinda pointless.

I do think that they need to test and balance these events better (for “average” servers not “good” ones) and some of the types of achievements that they’ve added here would be far better suited to permanent content, “Six Minutes to Knightfall”, “In Tune” and “No More Tricks, Scarlet” are examples of good, permanent achievements, something to work on, rather than something you can reasonably expect to get during a two week event.

Edit: Oh and can I please ask that in the future if we’re being ported up to a fight that we’re ported into a safe place? Maybe a ledge or some other safe zone that you spawn on before dropping down into the fight.

(edited by Pifil.5193)

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

The blue knight still heals because there is a Mender just south of the plaza (at the bottom behind the portal) which can be dragged up to the boss. Just now I’ve seen someone run up to the boss with the Mender in tow; only to heal the boss back up from 40% to 90%!

So people can still cause the blue knight to fail, either by accident or deliberate.

Attachments:

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU

Posted by: Mikuchan.7261

Mikuchan.7261

We are currently working on the difficulty of the Assault Knight fights; I realize that sometimes its hard to get a full overflow or that there are non peak hours where server populations will be lighter. Hopefully with the difficulty changes, it will also make it easier for a good server to get ‘Six Minutes to Knightfall’.

Beat it 3 times on Desolation within 6 minutes after the 25% hp patch, one time for each boss, and the Six Minutes to Knightfall is still bugged. You don’t get it by completing the knights within 6 minutes. Very few people claimed that they got it, but most, including me, did not get it.

Posted by: tmakinen.1048

tmakinen.1048

We are currently working on the difficulty of the Assault Knight fights; I realize that sometimes its hard to get a full overflow or that there are non peak hours where server populations will be lighter. Hopefully with the difficulty changes, it will also make it easier for a good server to get ‘Six Minutes to Knightfall’.

Beat it 3 times on Desolation within 6 minutes after the 25% hp patch, one time for each boss, and the Six Minutes to Knightfall is still bugged. You don’t get it by completing the knights within 6 minutes. Very few people claimed that they got it, but most, including me, did not get it.

Bad server, bad! No achievement for you! :P

tmakinen of [SoF]

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Has anyone gotten credit for all three knight kills during a single run that was under 6 minutes?

Has anyone tried killing a knight under six minutes and closing the program before the rest are killed since the loot update?

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

As a necro, do my conditions count against me if they are still going when my attunement wears off? As well as for other classes.

As a condimancer to a necro: Yes.

Sariel V.7024

Hahaha. Translation: Necros, sorry we didn’t design this bit for you. We cannot control our minions. Heck, we have one minion that spawns whenever it feels like it (Reanimator trait), and we can’t even get our minions to attack when we one to, let alone get them to not-attack something.

I got it on my Necro last night.

Yeah, you have to give that trait line up. :/

Posted by: Autumn Frazee.3158

Previous

Autumn Frazee.3158

Living World QA Embed

Next

We have been tracking the reports of the issues with ‘Six Minutes to Knightfall’ not awarding and we are still investigating the issue… It is quite the elusive problem, even with the information and screenshots we’ve received from players. We have not, however, dismissed the issue and I will keep this thread updated as we work on a solution.

Sariel V.7024

Why would Anet make an achievement that you have to change your build for? What happened to being able to play as you like? I can’t stand this LW release.

You CAN play as you like. Getting achievements is optional. The “achieve” part implies not facerolling it passively, even if you can manage that with 80% of the others.

Sariel V.7024

May I add, I do not feel Mesmer illusions should be getting pulled by the Knights.

Also, what the heck is pulling us down in the water??? This is on the east side of the drill and it’s not the Kraits.

It’s the drill itself. It probably should have been present in the previous episode…. why it pushes you away instead of dragging you toward your inevitable doom is probably an act of mercy on the devs part.

Should you actually want to get closer (e.g. for the PoI), swim backwards towards it.

Posted by: Traveller.7496

Traveller.7496

Now the problem is on the Hologram fight. It’s quite hard to get it down in time in early hours or a less populated server. Any chance for tone-down of HP for that one as well? The fight is boring already as it is.

Posted by: ZilentNight.5089

ZilentNight.5089

This issue isnt elusive, it has to do with when the knights spawn, your knights are spawning 5 mins before the hour. By the time they become vulnerable to damage, 5 mins have already passed and there is no way a map can beat all 3 knights in under 60 secs.
In otherwords, all you have to do is, extend the timer for the achievement from 6 mins to 11 mins. Problem Solved. You’re welcome.

Posted by: Moon.7310

Moon.7310

We have been tracking the reports of the issues with ‘Six Minutes to Knightfall’ not awarding and we are still investigating the issue… It is quite the elusive problem, even with the information and screenshots we’ve received from players. We have not, however, dismissed the issue and I will keep this thread updated as we work on a solution.

First, thanks for the updated info in thes topic.
But what I really want to know… one week has already passed so less one week remains for us to get this achievement… Especially since no one actually knows when this bug will get fixed. So what are you going to do about the time window to get the achievment? Since it will be quite unfair if you fix this in the next few days and people who would have had time before can’t play then?

Aveneo.2068

This issue isnt elusive, it has to do with when the knights spawn, your knights are spawning 5 mins before the hour. By the time they become vulnerable to damage, 5 mins have already passed and there is no way a map can beat all 3 knights in under 60 secs.
In otherwords, all you have to do is, extend the timer for the achievement from 6 mins to 11 mins. Problem Solved. You’re welcome.

+1

Ayrilana.1396

Could success be tied to the individual player than the success of the event itself?

We have never been able to get credit for the achievement when completing the event in under six minutes. People have gotten the achievement before by beating individual knights in under six minutes in different attempts. These attempts may have been separated by them logging out or disconnecting so the event complete/fail doesn’t register as them failing the achievement and resetting.

This implies that it may have been tied to the individual player needing to participate in each knight fight and get credit for taking it down in under 6 minutes. I can’t remember if at the beginning if anybody was able to get kill credit for all three knights in a single run when we could still zerg and if they got credit. I also don’t believe this was ever done since the loot update since people have been required to remain at specific knights and likely would not have enough time to tag the others.

Could credit of the achievement have been identical to how loot was rewarded in the beginning but progress was reset upon completion/fail of the event? With the update of the loot reward, perhaps the ability to get it in separate attempts was fixed making it so you had to get credit for all three knights within a single run. Perhaps loot may also have been indirectly tied to how loot was distributed.

I may very well be wrong with all of these assumptions but maybe it’s worth taking a look at under the current version of the game.

Posted by: Dark Jericho.8609

Dark Jericho.8609

I would just remove the achievement if I were you all. You shouldn’t make such extreme achievements like that for 2 week content. It’s perfect for permanent bosses like Teq and the 3-headed Wurm, but not this. Just give players extra loot (like more Ultimate Rescue Bags) instead for organizing and killing them that fast since it’s taking forever to fix this bug and only a week left for people to get it.

Posted by: Satya.2479

Satya.2479

If you want I have a video where we can see that the archiev is bug.
If necessary I put it on youtube.

Posted by: Followedbyrocks.8751

Followedbyrocks.8751

Thank you for responding to this. I’ll be interested to see how you guys solve the problem, if/when you finally do.

Posted by: Fischer.5690

Fischer.5690

I would just remove the achievement if I were you all. You shouldn’t make such extreme achievements like that for 2 week content. It’s perfect for permanent bosses like Teq and the 3-headed Wurm, but not this. Just give players extra loot (like more Ultimate Rescue Bags) instead for organizing and killing them that fast since it’s taking forever to fix this bug and only a week left for people to get it.

+1!

Previous

Autumn Frazee.3158

Living World QA Embed

Next

Update of the ‘Six Minutes to Knightfall’ achievement: we’ve identified the issue and are currently working on a fix. Thank you for the information on only two people from the successful maps getting the achievement, that was the final clue we needed! I’ll keep this thread updated as we work on the fix.

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

by the time we wil lsee that fix, we will have left only a few days open to work on the knightfall achievement, when we were supposed to have 2 weeks of time….

In my opinion its just a waste of time to still try and fix that one achievement.
It would be just better and wiser as also easier for you to just change the whole achievement out either with a complete new requirement, like just beating only 1 of the 3 knights within 6 minutes as a personal achievement…

Or to just award everybody with it and let it give 0 AP with a complete different requirement, like having at least 6x fighted against all 3 knights.
Thats something that would be stil ldoable in the rest of the time and what all of us, that farmed basicalyl the place and where non stop there should have done by now already.

Would require only to slightly rename the achievement from 6 Minutes to Knightfall to 6 Times the Colors to Knightfall

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

(edited by Orpheal.8263)

Posted by: Mikuchan.7261

Mikuchan.7261

Update of the ‘Six Minutes to Knightfall’ achievement: we’ve identified the issue and are currently working on a fix. Thank you for the information on only two people from the successful maps getting the achievement, that was the final clue we needed! I’ll keep this thread updated as we work on the fix.

What was the problem and how was it fixed?
That’d be quite interesting to know.
Sure, it doesn’t really matter for us but it helps us help you in the future and it helps us understand your difficulty with the problem so that we don’t whine about it as much :P

Posted by: TatsuKan.5412

TatsuKan.5412

All of the Battle for Lion’s Arch achievements have been tested for their functionality and do unlock correctly

Nice work. It’s obvious, players are wrong, they knows nothing…

[CPC] [Vizunah Square] – Nantes (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nantes)

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Nice work. It’s obvious, players are wrong, they knows nothing…

Well, she did say they unlock and function. Obviously if two people on map have been getting them, they are in fact unlocking and functioning. Simply not for everyone involved in the fight. I’m assuming there is some mitigating factor to prevent everyone on map from getting the achievement passively.

For all the snarky remarks and complaints, relax! I’d bet even now most maps aren’t killing all 3 knights under 6 minutes. So YOU still have work to do to get ready too.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Posted by: digitalruse.9085

digitalruse.9085

I think there’s a glitch in your code. We can do a successful failure.

I was there. It was amazing. XD

Qwerkk – Asuran Engineer

Previous

Autumn Frazee.3158

Living World QA Embed

The ‘Six Minutes to Knightfall’ achievement should be obtainable in the upcoming build.

Also, in further Battle for Lion’s Arch news, make sure you spend your Found Belongings and Found Heirlooms before 3/18:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/news/Update-Alliance-Supplies-Found-Items/first#post3750166

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

It feels good to know that our one tiny tidbit of information on the bug helped to solve the problem.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Aveneo.2068

It feels good to know that our one tiny tidbit of information on the bug helped to solve the problem.

Don’t celebrate just yet. They told us it was fixed before and it wasn’t. I’ll believe it when I see it.

Posted by: Sefer.9618

Sefer.9618

Desolation did it in 3minutes and a few seconds!!!

thank you anet for the fix!

Posted by: Fischer.5690

Fischer.5690

nice patch, thx anet

Attachments:

Posted by: Mega Messiah.1734

Mega Messiah.1734

Just finished Six Minutes to Knightfall. It’s fixed. Thanks for the (long-overdue) fix. I really appreciate it.

“73 + 22 = 100!” – Nexus

Posted by: Equinox.4968

Equinox.4968

Any tips on which server(s) to visit to get it done, given that a lot of them have more or less given up on the event by now?

Posted by: Megis.9264

Megis.9264

You can try Deso, if you’re on a EU server. Though that server’s overflow is bugged, so good luck with that.

Posted by: Equinox.4968

Equinox.4968

Unfortunately I’m in North America part of the problem is that I can’t be on during prime time. Blackgate has barely been getting the knights done in time during the daytime hours, though.

Posted by: Cletus Van Damme.2795

Cletus Van Damme.2795

The scaling is still bugged. I was just in a TTS run and two of the knights took 1 minute to kill and the other took just under 6 minutes.

Magumer Ranger

Ayrilana.1396

Unfortunately I’m in North America part of the problem is that I can’t be on during prime time. Blackgate has barely been getting the knights done in time during the daytime hours, though.

Kind of difficult to when Blackgate main is no different than an overflow due to everyone guesting there.

Posted by: ShiningSquirrel.3751

ShiningSquirrel.3751

Honestly, who really cares at this point? I am DONE with LA and don’t intend to even attempt to do it any more. The whole thing left a really bad taste in my mouth. Last night was the first time in over a year that I did not log in to even do dailies. It felt good.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Great news that the bug is finally fixed! Now to see if I can cajole TTS to do a 6 Min Knight run this evening instead of Teq or the Wurm. XD

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

Ok, what’s the trick to killing it so quickly?

Even with 50 people per Knight kills seem to take upwards of 10 minutes. How do you achieve the necessary 100% DPS increase?

Scarlet Slaying Potions are obvious, as is getting the buff from the Trader’s Forum. But what else? That doesn’t double your DPS in any way.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Stacking helps. This lets you overlap fire fields for Might stacks/Empower, Spotter, Time Warps etc. You really want to have the players fighting the Knight in two large balls:

a) One melee group, if they are confident in their ability to survive, since melee does do more damage
b) One ranged group, for anyone else who doesn’t feel comfortable in melee

Both groups should stay balled up to maximise their bonuses and to res more quickly when people get downed. Staying in the same spot also means the Knight doesn’t run out of AoE fields and the like.

Berzerker gear will also help boost your DPS, so switch to your Berzerker set if you have it.

Aveneo.2068

Don’t celebrate just yet. They told us it was fixed before and it wasn’t. I’ll believe it when I see it.

Alright, apparently they did manage to fix it. Here is me celebrating and thanks for the fix!

(Even got No More Tricks, Scarlet afterwards which was the last I needed to get them all complete)

Attachments:

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

We got the achievement on Jade Quarry two hours ago. Everything ran pretty smooth actually.

Aveneo, 5 signet rifle with vitality, no food or vigil buff ….???…..
Not much HOPE in that build

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Aveneo.2068

We got the achievement on Jade Quarry two hours ago. Everything ran pretty smooth actually.

Aveneo, 5 signet rifle with vitality, no food or vigil buff ….???…..
Not much HOPE in that build

Heh heh, busted!

It’s my Rifle/Rifle warrior and mainly use it when I want to be a lazy WvW keep defender

It was also just by sheer chance that I got into Deso main for once, and of all my characters parked in LA this was the one I loaded in after we got kicked out of WvW prior to the patch

Anyways, it’s good to hear that more and more servers are getting their long-awaited achievement!