Can Royal Terrace get an activity NPC?

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: captaincrash.6528

captaincrash.6528

I got a one-time pass to the Captain’s Airship, and I thought I’d use it just to check it out, since I own a Royal Terrace pass.

When I got there, it looked like it served the same purpose, and why shouldn’kitten Only thing is, they had an activity NPC to access the daily activity, and we don’t have that in the Royal Terrace. Can we get one of those? Or is that a luxury only Captain’s Airship people can afford?

Crash ~ Charr Reaper

Posted by: GLaDOS.3705

GLaDOS.3705

+1. We asked a lot of times to add Daily activity NPC in Royal Terrace, and now, while Lion’s Arch is gone, I have to teleport to Vigil Keep and run far away till I reach Daily activity NPC… Before this patch it was tolerably, because it was close enough after teleport.

WTF people who can buy new pass within 7 DAYS (!) FOR THE SAME PRICE have access, while we, who bought pass within 1 DAY don’t have it and have to run God knows where?!

GLaDOS.3705

Up! We have to get this NPC, because it’s not fair.

Posted by: Piscore.6934

Piscore.6934

+1 We need Daily activity NPC

GLaDOS.3705

Also, I think you guys should rewrite portal dialog, which leads to Vigil Keep now, while it’s still called Lions Arch gate.

Posted by: MrsKryten.5104

MrsKryten.5104

I also have a permanent Royal Terrace pass. It cost the same amount of gems so the services offered there should maintain parity with the services available on the Captain’s Airship.

On a side note, thank you, Anet, for adding a skill trainer to the Royal Terrace.

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

I also have a permanent Royal Terrace pass. It cost the same amount of gems so the services offered there should maintain parity with the services available on the Captain’s Airship.

Yes. I had a permanent molten pick. It cost the same amount of gems as the sprocket-giving pick do Anet upgraded it to give the same bonuses…

…oh wait.

Posted by: Asuaka.1528

Asuaka.1528

Thanks for adding the Retrainer to the Terrace. But can we please also get a few more of that list: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Suggestion-Missing-NPCs-in-the-Royal-Terrace/

Most of them are also Missing on the Airship, please add them to both

List of unavailable armor and weapon skins:
[Collection] Wardrobe/Skin Bugs & Anomalies

Posted by: Caveth.3268

Caveth.3268

Thanks for adding the Retrainer to the Terrace. But can we please also get a few more of that list: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Suggestion-Missing-NPCs-in-the-Royal-Terrace/

Most of them are also Missing on the Airship, please add them to both

Yeah, for the “ultimate convenience” it makes no sense how many things are really missing from it. Those suggestions on your thread seem to be really good; I hope Arenanet listens to them.

Posted by: ImagoX.4718

ImagoX.4718

I’m honestly baffled as to how this is so much more convenient than just, you know, waypointing to some other city with the stuff you want/need… GW2 has s many quality of life improvements over just about every other MMO, but I guess there’s always room for improvement – how about a “Play my character for me” NPC, or the AutoLeveller 6300 that will ding you a level for the low, low price of only 1000 gems?

Posted by: Djukka.6390

Djukka.6390

Yes please, bump this
I really would like to have the same stuff on the terrace!
Was really surprised that the airship had access to the activity npc…

Posted by: Shanna.4762

Shanna.4762

Can the royal terrace be sold again? Most of my toons are human, and I love Divinity’s Reach. I didn’t get them before because there was really no need to with Lions Arch there, and I don’t particularly want to bother with an airship ~_~. Sell both! And of course, keep them on par with each other.

MrsKryten.5104

Yes. I had a permanent molten pick. It cost the same amount of gems as the sprocket-giving pick do Anet upgraded it to give the same bonuses…

…oh wait.

Not to derail too much from OP’s thread but I philosophically disagree with Anet adding that extra feature to the Watchwork Mining Pick. Bad call on their end as far as I’m concerned. The unlimited use gathering tools should only differ in terms of animation effects, not ability to mine extra goodies over other unlimited gathering tools. Same thing with the Royal Terrace vs. Captain’s Airship. I think they should offer the same services, but you are correct that there is now a precedent for Anet not being consistent with features on similar items in the gem store. Only time will tell if this practice nets them more profit, but I don’t think it sits well with most customers.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

^ I agree wholeheartedly, but it seems via their silence that ANet wants the Watchwork Pick to stay as it is. The only question now is whether they will make it “fair” for other unlimited tool users by upgrading the old tools to also provide additional benefits.

MrsKryten.5104

^ I agree wholeheartedly, but it seems via their silence that ANet wants the Watchwork Pick to stay as it is. The only question now is whether they will make it “fair” for other unlimited tool users by upgrading the old tools to also provide additional benefits.

I don’t want Anet to feel they cannot improve upon services either by adding extras, I just don’t know what is the best way to go about this while making people feel like they’ve been treated fairly. I think timing plays an important role here. If I bought something that is then upgraded only a month later, it’s going to stick in my craw.

That said, I gave Anet major kudos for retroactively changing the original soulbound unlimited gathering tools to account bound even though those items sold for fewer gems at the time than the newer ones. I was very pleased with that move as I did not feel it was something they had to do and it really impressed me that they cared enough about their customers to offer this upgrade for those who bought the tools early on. So it is possible for them to go back and change older gathering tools to also have a chance to mine sprockets if they were so inclined. I don’t think people were too troubled over not getting sprockets though as opposed to the precedent it was setting and what that could mean for the future. Either way, they definitely should not remove that ability from the Watchwork Picks they’ve already sold.

Getting back on track to OP’s post, I’m hoping that in the future Anet does think about moves like this and how their customers will react to it. If the Royal Terrace pass was promoted as being “the ultimate in convenience” in January, then it should have the same features as the new Captain’s Airship in February. And Anet should definitely feel free to keep adding extra features to both. I’m thinking that they will make both areas the same but are just working things during this new content.

GLaDOS.3705

So? Are we going to get an answer or something?

Posted by: Tom.8029

Tom.8029

I used the one-time pass. I saw a Crab Toss guy up there. I think that’s an activity.

Primordial Dragons [Drgn]
Fort Aspenwood Elementalist

GLaDOS.3705

I used the one-time pass. I saw a Crab Toss guy up there. I think that’s an activity.

This activity NPC is in new closed location for the same price as we bought, but our location doesn’t have activity NPC.

Tom.8029

I didn’t buy the one-time pass. I got it as a drop. It’s the lowest quality pass. So I’d assume that any of the passes would bring you to the ship with the Crab Toss NPC on it.

MrsKryten.5104

Yes, the Captain’s Airship has the activity NPC. What OP is talking about is the Royal Terrace not having the activity NPC. OP and others are asking for the Royal Terrace and Captain’s Airship to have the same services since they are the same concept. They recently added a skill retraitor to the Royal Terrace so why not add an activity NPC in there are well to make the two areas equal?

Lord Kuru.3685

to make the two areas equal?

It’s pretty clear at this point they don’t want to do this. And you can bet the next such pass will have even more features.

Tom.8029

I must have read that wrong. Sorry. It’s been a while since I’ve been to the Royal Terrace. Didn’t see an activity NPC there the last time I was there. Not sure if they’ll add one.

Posted by: Xista.7391

Xista.7391

I understand this is a B2P game. I understand that the majority of the cool things you’ll get in game are probably from the cash shop. That’s fine, they’re a business. They need to make money.

But coming out with a new item that slightly better than previous cash shop items, for the same price too, is outrageous. The Royal Terrace Pass should be equal to the Airship pass, especially if it costs the same amount. They’ve done this once before with the Watch Work mining pick giving you extra materials from nodes. Unnacceptable.

Please, just add an Activity NPC to the Royal Terrace. Or take it out of the Airship. The two places should be the equal.

In-game opinions of Skyhammer: http://i.imgur.com/FKymDjC.jpg

MrsKryten.5104

It’s pretty clear at this point they don’t want to do this. And you can bet the next such pass will have even more features.

It isn’t so clear to me at this point what Anet’s intentions are. They added the skill trainer to the Royal Terrace after the Captain’s Airship came out which suggests that they are attempting some parity. But then they left out the activity NPC. Is it because they haven’t had time to work one in yet to the Royal Terrace, or do they not plan on adding it at all? It’s difficult to say until someone from Anet addresses this.

Lord Kuru.3685

It isn’t so clear to me at this point what Anet’s intentions are. They added the skill trainer to the Royal Terrace after the Captain’s Airship came out which suggests that they are attempting some parity. But then they left out the activity NPC. Is it because they haven’t had time to work one in yet to the Royal Terrace, or do they not plan on adding it at all? It’s difficult to say until someone from Anet addresses this.

Haven’t had time to work one in? It should take no more than 2 minutes to put a guy in there.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

By this stage, if the Activity NPC hasn’t been added yet, it’s more than likely they’ll never be added.