Current Scarlet's Knights (Post Patch 3/6)

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: Lithril Ashwalker.6230

Lithril Ashwalker.6230

Currently 50 people max can get the attunement per knight…k, what about the people trying to assist in killing the knight? what if alot of people wish to assist and never get credit? the timer alone isnt high enough to compensate for the new 50 player limit. The patch was done a bit too hasty without thinking of the consequences, not even one knight drops.

seems to me that the testing team looks at the abilities of Blackgate and other high end skilled servers and thinks that ALL servers have that capability…

(edited by Lithril Ashwalker.6230)

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

What if people just split up? There’s a hardcap of 150 people on the zone, so everyone would get loot in an idea split.

And it’s not even that difficult because:

• People won’t taxi too well, so you’ll never hardcap.
  • People will stand at some entrance AFK, so there’s less for the knights.

Realistically, how difficult is it to go to the knight which still has the highest health?
I mean, how long do you want to set the point ANet should balance against? #1 AA spam only?

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Posted by: biofrog.1568

biofrog.1568

If you are player #51, then there is a knight somewhere with 49 or less players.. go find it

“There’s no lag but what we make.” – biofrog

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

What if people just split up? There’s a hardcap of 150 people on the zone, so everyone would get loot in an idea split.

Is the hard cap 150?

I am sure I read some where it was 500?

Posted by: HarryWolfe.9024

HarryWolfe.9024

If you are player #51, then there is a knight somewhere with 49 or less players.. go find it

in the process of counting the players around the blue knight, i fergot to dodge the big AoE…you happy now???? >.>

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

in the process of counting the players around the blue knight, i fergot to dodge the big AoE…you happy now???? >.>

Pay attention to the number below the boss’ health bar at the right side of the screen. That is how many more people can get the buff. If it reads 0, you know it’s maxed, go to another one.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Posted by: Asgaeroth.6427

Asgaeroth.6427

What was the point in making these drastic sweeping changes to an event while it’s in progress? I really enjoyed how it was before, now it’s just a nightmare. Every run since the latest patch has been a complete failure for me, it seems unwinnable now. Still not getting loot either, so every aspect of this patch is pretty distressing.

Posted by: Wasbunny.6531

Wasbunny.6531

So the problem as I see it is there is no reason at all for first 50 players fighting a Knight to leave since they will be the one’s getting the rewards regardless if the event fails.

If an overflow has 110 players there will be: 50 on blue, 50 on red, 10 on green (which will fail). Those on red & blue will get loot, green nothing.

re-posting this from another thread

So just got back from trying out the new mechanics & reward system and this is how it played out.

Ran to blue first at random (and because I want the blue back piece…worth a shot). Soon realized I wasn’t getting the attunement and so doing 0 damage.

Immediately asked in map chat who was under 50. Understandably it was hard for anyone to tell in the midst of battle.
A note here, since I have my culling turned all the way down it was impossible to tell how many players were anywhere. I’m sure I’m not the only one having to do this due to crashing with culling turned up.

Looked at the status of the 3 Knights and saw that green was behind so rushed off to go help, hoping there wasn’t already 50 there. There wasn’t…GREAT!…finally doing some damage.

Of course there was only maybe 10 there, the rest were finishing off Red & Blue (no reason to leave if you are already in the first 50).

We unlucky 10 ineffectually wailed on Green until the timer ran out…fail.

Those who where lucky enough to be in the 50 for Red and Blue got a chest…those that ran to Green to help…nothing.

My suggestions:

• Make a simple windowed time (unreliant upon a 50 max player cap) in which the Knights need to be killed, within the total max time of 12 minutes.
  • Make the status of the Knights during the event display throughout the entire map. When downed and waypointing or just entering there is no way to tell where to go until you get there, and by then it’s often too late.
  • If the event succeeds all get the appropriate loot. If a person is lucky enough to get a core they choose (much like choosing a reward from a personal story) which core they get.

That would simply work. So far this simply isn’t.

~An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way.~

(edited by Wasbunny.6531)

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

Is the hard cap 150?

I heard numbers from 100 to 120, sometimes 150. Never 500.
If the hardcap is 120, it’s not really a problem with minor headcount fluctuations. Even more so with 100.

20 level 80s and counting.

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

What was the point in making these drastic sweeping changes to an event while it’s in progress? I really enjoyed how it was before, now it’s just a nightmare. Every run since the latest patch has been a complete failure for me, it seems unwinnable now. Still not getting loot either, so every aspect of this patch is pretty distressing.

Before it was very hard to fail. Now you actually need to put in a little effort and prep (srsly it’s not that hard as long as you have bodies and tell each other how many are where). That’s a massive improvement.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

Posted by: Cush.4063

Cush.4063

Just tried it and beat it easily first try. We split up and don’t even have the max amount of players on each knight. Around 30 on blue knight and they beat it faster than everyone else. It scales to the amount of players by the knight so don’t have anyone there that doesn’t have the buff because they will just make it harder for you. The event is a lot better this way. A lot more organized and you’re guaranteed loot if you complete the event rather than before.

RyuDragnier.9476

Before it was very hard to fail. Now you actually need to put in a little effort (srsly it’s not that hard as long as you have bodies). That’s a massive improvement.

A little effort? MY UNLOAD IS DOING 40% LESS DAMAGE THAN BEFORE THE PATCH AGAINST THE KNIGHTS! That’s on me wearing my full zerker gear. Now imagine 40% less damage on everybody, on TOP of the no more zerging change. That was the part that was unnecessary, the damage reduction on what the knights take. The split up thing I was okay with, it’s cool…but 40% less damage dealt to them by direct attacks? Congratulations, you’ve broken the fight completely.

[hS]

Posted by: LastShot.4762

LastShot.4762

Meh, after running one post patch, here are the problems I see:

1) A lot of people didn’t catch the memo, still melee without the buff and simply doing no damage.

2) There are always noobs in the event, before it’s not very noticeable cause of the size of zerg. After patch, when I see 3~8 down after EACH AOE in a 25~50 man group, just can’t help but facepalm.

3) Unlike blue/red, green has no near wp, lots dead players in green end up move to blue, leaving green shorthanded after a while.

Wasbunny.6531

Just tried it and beat it easily first try. We split up and don’t even have the max amount of players on each knight. Around 30 on blue knight and they beat it faster than everyone else. It scales to the amount of players by the knight so don’t have anyone there that doesn’t have the buff because they will just make it harder for you. The event is a lot better this way. A lot more organized and you’re guaranteed loot if you complete the event rather than before.

You don’t get loot for just completing the event, you have to be one of the 50 who kills one of the knights. If the event fails the ones who downed their knight get loot, the others get nothing.

~An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way.~

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

You don’t get loot for just completing the event, you have to be one of the 50 who kills one of the knights. If the event fails the ones who downed their knight get loot, the others get nothing.

And even if you do down all 3, seems the platform splits are not even either…… Though you don’t port to instant death anymore -they did fix one thing after all.

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

Err did they also reduce the damage that the Knights take from direct attacks? I’m in full zerks and I was doing pitiful amounts of damage compared to before.

I was with a group of 35 trying to take down the Red Knight and we couldn’t even get it past 50% health despite everyone playing consistently well and everyone always having the buff.

What’s going on?

Gandara

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

Is the hard cap 150?

I heard numbers from 100 to 120, sometimes 150. Never 500.
If the hardcap is 120, it’s not really a problem with minor headcount fluctuations. Even more so with 100.

Pretty sure when EOTM was released they said 500 maxium players. First time I have ever heard a hard number being put on players in a map.

Not heard any specific numbers for LA, but it often looks to me like there’s more than 150+ on the map. Usually have about 10 afking around the 3 waypoints, so 30 there, zergs easily have 100+, loads still collecting heirlooms, loads of 5 player partys running around doing there own thing. You easily get to 200+ on the LA maps I have been in. Hell, last night there were 20+ commander tags on the map I was in…

RyuDragnier.9476

Err did they also reduce the damage that the Knights take from direct attacks? I’m in full zerks and I was doing pitiful amounts of damage compared to before.

I was with a group of 35 trying to take down the Red Knight and we couldn’t even get it past 50% health despite everyone playing consistently well and everyone always having the buff.

What’s going on?

They did. They gave the Knights an anti-zerging mechanic…and also changed it so they have more toughness and you will only get loot if your knight dies, thus ENCOURAGING zerging at the same time. This may be the single most stupid patch I have ever seen from Anet.

[hS]

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

No way is it 500…. Tts hard caps an overflow of wurm in like 2 minutes. No way 500 peeps are ported in that fast. I believe it is 150 range, based on how many get in and how many do not that are in the same team speak channel….

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

Aberrant.6749

Before it was very hard to fail. Now you actually need to put in a little effort (srsly it’s not that hard as long as you have bodies). That’s a massive improvement.

A little effort? MY UNLOAD IS DOING 40% LESS DAMAGE THAN BEFORE THE PATCH AGAINST THE KNIGHTS! That’s on me wearing my full zerker gear. Now imagine 40% less damage on everybody, on TOP of the no more zerging change. That was the part that was unnecessary, the damage reduction on what the knights take. The split up thing I was okay with, it’s cool…but 40% less damage dealt to them by direct attacks? Congratulations, you’ve broken the fight completely.

You’re spamming unload as a thief and expecting DPS… seriously? They are not too hard to kill (again, presuming you have the bodies in the right place). They were just far too easy before. Also cool caps/bold bro.

Tarnished Coast

RyuDragnier.9476

You’re spamming unload as a thief and expecting DPS… seriously? Also cool caps/bold bro.

The knight can knockdown and then triple combo you to downed state easily if you get close. Only a foolish thief would go into melee range, and this fight is a DPS race, thus forcing Unload since it’s the fastest ranged DPS a thief has. Plus Unload lets me get out a ton of conditions with the venoms I have on for the condi-burst phase.

[hS]

Posted by: Cletus Van Damme.2795

Cletus Van Damme.2795

We had 20 at blue, 23 at green and 17 at red, 6 minutes in and red was at 90% health left. I don’t think this event scales at all.

At that point everyone went to blue to fail on purpose for the chest.

Magumer Ranger

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Last night I was soloing the knights, doing a sliver of health off their event UI health bar by the time the zerg showed up, so roughly 3-4 minutes. I’d guess the knights are balanced around 30-40 people minimum. I also somehow got into the prime holo solo, able to deal roughly 20% damage in ~8 minutes.

If only 50 people can get the attunement, what happens if there’s 100 people? Does the scaling account for this or will the knight now be impossible to kill, as it’s scaled for 100 attuned players?

Aberrant.6749

You’re spamming unload as a thief and expecting DPS… seriously? Also cool caps/bold bro.

The knight can knockdown and then triple combo you to downed state easily if you get close. Only a foolish thief would go into melee range, and this fight is a DPS race, thus forcing Unload since it’s the fastest ranged DPS a thief has. Plus Unload lets me get out a ton of conditions with the venoms I have on for the condi-burst phase.

Learn to dodge? It’s not like her attacks aren’t loudly broadcast. It forces inexperienced players to range, agreed. There are better professions for you to play with greater ranged dps if this is what you’re going to be doing.

Overall DPS > being slightly faster when you apply the conds at the start of that phase.

Tarnished Coast

(edited by Aberrant.6749)

RyuDragnier.9476

Learn to dodge? It’s not like her attacks aren’t loudly broadcast. It forces inexperienced players to range, agreed. There are better professions for you to play if this is what you’re going to be doing.

Overall DPS > being slightly faster when you apply the conds at the start of that phase.

I also suffer from my connection having random fits of lag spikes. I’d rather not end up a burden on everybody else due to constantly downing.

[hS]

Aberrant.6749

Learn to dodge? It’s not like her attacks aren’t loudly broadcast. It forces inexperienced players to range, agreed. There are better professions for you to play if this is what you’re going to be doing.

I also suffer from my connection having random fits of lag spikes. I’d rather not end up a burden on everybody else due to constantly downing.

Ok this is what you do then bro. Drop the thief. It’s not a class for people that are laggy. Get a guard and build for scepter damage (highest ranged dps + good support + good survivability). Done.

Sorry that you didn’t ask about what class would be more tolerant to lag before you made your thief : /

Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

We had 20 at blue, 23 at green and 17 at red, 6 minutes in and red was at 90% health left. I don’t think this event scales at all.

Had the exact same experience with red. 35 of us all full on dpsing the thing for the entire duration of the event with very few people ever being downed (was impressed with how responsive the group was) but we only managed to get the thing down to 50% health. Do we have to have 50 people to even have a chance of doing this now?

Gandara

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

The hard cap on PvE maps is estimated to be about 150. (Note that at about 120 is when random joiners can no longer get in, but there’s a 30 man grace queue where people can pull members of their party over.)

Not sure what the cap is on WvW maps, but I’d think it’d be much higher than 150.

RyuDragnier.9476

Ok this is what you do then bro. Drop the thief. It’s not a class for people that are laggy. Get a guard and build for scepter damage (highest ranged dps + good support + good survivability). Done.

Sorry that you didn’t ask about what class would be more tolerant to lag before you made your thief : /

I have one of every class. Favorites are the Ranger, Necromancer, Engineer, and Thief. The thief is currently my main, and I tend to build him tanky due to this reason so I can survive a lag spike. But since the knights are a DPS race, I had to pull out the zerker gear and retrait for the DPS setup. Besides, the Critical Strikes traitline alone can make P/P very very dangerous.

[hS]

Posted by: Unknownhero.6745

Unknownhero.6745

Is it just me , or our damage numbers lower? Being a ranged character I have a good idea what kind of numbers I have been putting up the last 2 days. After patch they seem significantly lower? Also a few days ago there was like 25-30 of us and we downed a knight in about 8 mins or so, tonight after patch 30 of us could barley get one to 1/2 health in the 15 min timer duration…

Posted by: Dsybok.1405

Dsybok.1405

Had the exact same experience with red. 35 of us all full on dpsing the thing for the entire duration of the event with very few people ever being downed (was impressed with how responsive the group was) but we only managed to get the thing down to 50% health. Do we have to have 50 people to even have a chance of doing this now?

The patch ruined the event. There is now no chance to get the 6 minute achievement for anyone who had not already gotten it, you can forget it. Even with an even split of players, and about 40 on each knight, we barely got 2 down with almost no time to spare and the third was 80%. Don’t ask me what happened to the group on the third, if they hadn’t screwed up we might have completed the event, but NOTE, we would have done it with almost the max # of players on each knight and it would take 14 mins. How are you supposed to get them down in 6 minutes??? .

The knights now have way too much HP for the split up and smaller groups, don’t scale to the size of the attacking group and you will be lucky to even finish the event on even the best servers.

Ferguson’s Crossing
Ascenion of Elements
Sylvari Ele main

Wasbunny.6531

@Aberrant: Dude just move on…you’re not being helpful at all lecturing someone to abandon their profession. I have all 8 80’s and found that my scepter DPS guardian was the only one who was optimal in these encounters. This is not the fault of any player playing another profession or build, this is a design flaw with the mechanics of the event. Please direct your frustration and criticisms appropriately .

(edited by Wasbunny.6531)

Aberrant.6749

I have one of every class. Favorites are the Ranger, Necromancer, Engineer, and Thief. The thief is currently my main, and I tend to build him tanky due to this reason so I can survive a lag spike. But since the knights are a DPS race, I had to pull out the zerker gear and retrait for the DPS setup. Besides, the Critical Strikes traitline alone can make P/P very very dangerous.

It’s still poor ranged DPS if that’s what you’re most concerned about.

@Aberrant: Dude just move on…you’re not being helpful at all lecturing someone to abandon their profession. I have all 8 80’s and found that my scepter DPS guardian was the only one who was optimal in these encounters. This is not the fault of any player playing another profession or build, this is a design flaw with the mechanics of the event. Please direct your frustration and criticisms appropriately .

If no one says anything, he’ll never know. Being optimal is not required for this event. However if you’re complaining about dps while using a pp thief while trying to play optimally while being laggy… you’re just doing it wrong.

Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

What was the point in making these drastic sweeping changes to an event while it’s in progress? I really enjoyed how it was before, now it’s just a nightmare.

Because it wasn’t working. The devs designed it the way we’re doing it now (split up), we instead zerged it, causing 2/3rds of people to not get loot and causing people to auto-fail the achievement on the Hologram.

Hence the change. It is a bit weird of a change, yes.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Wasbunny.6531

If no one says anything, he’ll never know. Being optimal is not required for this event. However if you’re complaining about dps while using a pp thief while trying to play optimally while being laggy… you’re just doing it wrong.

Then how about saying more than ‘uh bro re-roll a guardian’ and perhaps suggesting to ArenaNet that they need to make all professions equally viable in these encounters?

I’m personally very frustrated that I can’t bring any of my other 7 characters to this culminating event because it’s designed for raw zerker damage ranged DPS.

Don’t hate the player, hate the game.

And for the record I love the game, only reason I point this out is in the hopes it will improve.

Aberrant.6749

What was the point in making these drastic sweeping changes to an event while it’s in progress? I really enjoyed how it was before, now it’s just a nightmare.

Because it wasn’t working. The devs designed it the way we’re doing it now (split up), we instead zerged it, causing 2/3rds of people to not get loot and causing people to auto-fail the achievement on the Hologram.

Hence the change. It is a bit weird of a change, yes.

If they want the final rewards people need to split up. If they don’t care about them, then maybe the final rewards need to be re-examined.

Then how about saying more than ‘uh bro re-roll a guardian’ and perhaps suggesting to ArenaNet that they need to make all professions equally viable in these encounters?

I’m personally very frustrated that I can’t bring any of my other 7 characters to this culminating event because it’s designed for raw zerker damage ranged DPS.

Don’t hate the player, hate the game.

And for the record I love the game, only reason I point this out is in the hopes it will improve.

Because you don’t need to reroll a guard for this? What profession isn’t viable (presuming you can dodge the well telegraphed attacks and don’t have random lagspikes due to your ISP… which is hardly a-nets fault)? We took them down with every profession involved on all 3 of them on TC with no problems…

Are you seriously white-knighting when I tell some one that being a laggy PP thief isn’t going to be the best for this? >.>

Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

3) Unlike blue/red, green has no near wp, lots dead players in green end up move to blue, leaving green shorthanded after a while.

This actually was bad thinking on anet, they should have freed the wp near the Tengu gate, it would help greens numbers greatly.

Posted by: Barfoi.9537

Barfoi.9537

Hmm? P/P thief is very strong single-target. Less damage than melee, of course, but during the year+ when I played mine, its single-target damage was much higher and more sustainable than mostly every other ranged profession I came across (WvW).

Aberrant.6749

Hmm? P/P thief is very strong single-target. Less damage than melee, of course, but during the year+ when I played mine, its single-target damage was much higher and more sustainable than mostly every other ranged profession I came across (WvW).

I wouldn’t call it “very strong.” The auto attack damage is bad for a direct damage setup. The average channel time is also too long for how much damage it does.

In a PvP/WvW environment it has other additional weaknesses. 900 range + retal will tear you up + it’s very easy to mitigate while providing very little mitigation itself… PP just isn’t a good weaponset overall and could use a rework.

Tarnished Coast

Wasbunny.6531

I wouldn’t call it “very strong.” The auto attack damage is bad for a direct damage setup. The average channel time is also too long for how much damage it does.

In a PvP/WvW environment it has other additional weaknesses. 900 range + retal will tear you up + it’s very easy to mitigate while providing very little mitigation itself… PP just isn’t a good weaponset overall and could use a rework.

Much better than: ‘Ok this is what you do then bro. Drop the thief. It’s not a class for people that are laggy. Get a guard and build for scepter damage (highest ranged dps + good support + good survivability). Done.

Sorry that you didn’t ask about what class would be more tolerant to lag before you made your thief : / ’

I think we’re all a bit frustrated right now, sorry for being a bit snarky. My back just bristles when anyone says things like ‘Drop the theif, get a guard.’ since I do feel that all professions should be viable, laggy or not.

My frustration is not meant to be directed at you but at events & content that make this advice actually valid.

Aberrant.6749

Much better than: ‘Ok this is what you do then bro. Drop the thief. It’s not a class for people that are laggy. Get a guard and build for scepter damage (highest ranged dps + good support + good survivability). Done.

Sorry that you didn’t ask about what class would be more tolerant to lag before you made your thief : / ’

I think we’re all a bit frustrated right now, sorry for being a bit snarky. My back just bristles when anyone says things like ‘Drop the theif, get a guard.’ since I do feel that all professions should be viable, laggy or not.

My frustration is not meant to be directed at you but at events & content that make this advice actually valid.

The dude I was responding to was using bold caps… and I responded in a better manner than he asked… with accurate information. I don’t feel that I did anything wrong what so ever.

I’m not frustrated at all. I really like the changes they’ve made to this event.

It would be impossible to balance all profs to be just as good at every encounter ranged/mele/laggy/not. We would need have far fewer professions/builds available for that to be possible… and I would far prefer variety with slightly less balance (all professions are still viable for this) rather than far fewer choices but more balance.

Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Cush.4063

Cush.4063

The knights are pretty easy to defeat. Still haven’t lost to them once and I have not joined TTS or some organized guild to do it. People will complain about anything to get a free lunch.

The ONLY thing I can see anyone complaining about is maybe killing the knights in under 6 min. That one does seem really unlikely to be accomplished and I can see a nerf to that coming. But that’s it.

(edited by Cush.4063)

Posted by: Shakki.3219

Shakki.3219

6min achievement is still bugged anyways… since TTS killed it within 2minutes and got kitten

Reaper – Anguîsh

Aberrant.6749

The knights are pretty easy to defeat. Still haven’t lost to them once and I have not joined TTS or some organized guild to do it. People will complain about anything to get a free lunch.

TC lost the first one because of the menders healing blue from ~10%→full (lol). But that’s a good thing. There should be parts where you need to pay attention or it’ll mess things up.

Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Ambrosia.2035

Ambrosia.2035

This latest patch is frustrating. I’ve tried it 3 times in Dragonbrand so far and we have failed all 3 times. We get Blue™ and Green™ down but Red™ ends up having anywhere from 85%-95% hp. We also don’t seem to have the manpower to do it this late in the evening (although this wasn’t an issue before this patch: most likely due to the 50 limit cap and/or the increase in the knight’s stats and/or decrease in our damage in some shape or form).

Typically blue and green get 50 people but red ends up with about 10. By the time both green and blue go down we end up with about 2-4 minutes left on the timer. Killing more than 1 knight won’t add anymore gear boxes. The knights need to be scaled way better for it be possible to get to Scarlet (I’m not even sure how the 6 minute achievement is possible now if you only have 2/3 knights at capacity from the get go).

People are still so entrenched in the B>G>R cycle that people are still waiting at blue or green to at “least” get the end loot since there is almost no chance at beating red: typical Dragonbrand mentality and/or low pop overflows. That is going to make getting to Scarlet way more difficult during non-peak hours… something that was almost never a problem. If nothing gets changed then we run the risk of having less and less people attempting this event which will in turn make it really tough to fight Scarlet.

Howdy (.)

Posted by: Barfoi.9537

Barfoi.9537

If you base the potential damage of P/P on its auto-attack, or believe its notable weaknesses are range and retaliation, then I can only assume you haven’t played with that setup very much at all — no offense intended.

However, most thief setups probably require much greater response-times than other professions (e.g., warrior or guardian). So, in this instance, a guardian might be more effective. ;P

Posted by: Cletus Van Damme.2795

Cletus Van Damme.2795

The top servers won’t have a problem beating it as they can field the numbers, they only need to worry about menders. Lower pop servers or people trying outside of prime time will need to guest, unlike the airship fight which does scale to the amount of people fighting (I’ve done it with 8 players with 6 minutes to spare) the knights either don’t scale or the scaling is busted.

I recommend guesting until it’s fixed.

Magumer Ranger

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

What’s going on?

Everyone in the instances I was in was saying that condition damage was gone – as in G O N E.

Post patch, patch, patch, the problems are myriad and go in so many directions that this one issue has many threads with the serious problems and feelings of being given less than what was intended.

All of us should have been given a gift for not getting a single loot for the many times we DID get those knights down. :’(

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

Aberrant.6749

If you base the potential damage of P/P on its auto-attack, or believe its notable weaknesses are range and retaliation, then I can only assume you haven’t played with that setup very much at all — no offense intended.

However, most thief setups probably require much greater response-times than other professions (e.g., warrior or guardian). So, in this instance, a guardian might be more effective. ;P

Auto is part of the weapon set.

Yes retal > PP (8x retal damage is over 1k damage back to you without any added power) and 900 range =‘s med distance without any evades or stealth =’s >.<

I started out as a PP thief. We were all so innocent back then though…

Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Lasica.5068

Lasica.5068

Well I’m giving up on it. I’ll buy the 9 more cores I need off the trading post to craft my glowing backpiece which I’ll never show anyway because I use something different and forget all about this buggy patch.

The story was good, I enjoyed that. The event has been the least enjoyable of any this year. You need to smack the bottoms of the designers who thought this would be fun.

Why make sense, when it’s so much more fun to make nonsense?