Escape from Lion's Arch - Trailer discussion

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: Cometknight.9473

Cometknight.9473

People dislike change , we are creatures of habit…

I am a creature of loot, soo bring meh MOBS plz

5 lvl80 Warriors……..and counting

Posted by: eldris.8461

eldris.8461

I like your thinking Cometknight

Posted by: inazuma.7021

inazuma.7021

This is gonna be epic. I can’t wait!

Vhaewyn – Level 80 Sylvari Ranger
Dakka Warforge- Level 80 Charr Engineer
Xairro – Level 80 Asura Revenant

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

so in the end, we even lose LA, the only single place that let’s this game call it self guild wars.
when LA is gone, so is the whole reason on calling this guild wars, let’s start thinking of a more fitting name for this game because this becomes ridicules.

Posted by: Rabe.2456

Rabe.2456

so in the end, we even lose LA, the only single place that let’s this game call it self guild wars.
when LA is gone, so is the whole reason on calling this guild wars, let’s start thinking of a more fitting name for this game because this becomes ridicules.

Go to the southeast of Brisbane Wilderness, listen to lore.

Posted by: CharrGirl.7896

CharrGirl.7896

Oh god the comments on this site are killing me, imagine if we had this NPC chatter:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/1xm1t8/prepare_for_the_escape_from_lions_arch/

“By Ogdens hammer, MY SAVINGS!”

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Snake Plisskin certainly jumped to my mind at once! (though I thought he was dead … Risen Snake Plisskin?) Along with the thought that they had just darn well better give us eye patches as a reward or Gem Shop item in this event.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

I… don’t understand. How can anyone ever think this is getting better. How is this getting better? I am not bashing you, I swear. Please, explain to me how is this getting better. Because each new update is sending me into an abyssal depression towards the game’s future, and I am seriously worried about them not actually being able to turn this around away from the incoming crash zone.

Are you kidding me? I have never seen the such a major city change in games, LA is one if not the most important city in the game and it looks like they are about to change that.

That was not the question. The question was “how will that change make anything better” – and frankly i wonder that myself.

And that’s besides the fact how it’s going to be changed.

“The city has withstood many trials, and managed to survive all of them, but Scarlet, being Scarlet, is going to change that”. Can’t they just kill her offscreen somewhere? perhaps she could fall down from the flying space station in Lornar and break her neck, or something? I really, really don’t want to hear another story of why she’s sooo special.

It sounds like Vigil Keep will be the new location for portals, forge, fractals etc.

So I imagine that will become the new gathering spot? I didn’t think of that tbh.

Unless Vigil Keep will get it’s own separate map, city-style (no enemies, lot of place, additional conveniences/entertainment – like LA’s JP’s, activities, being able to be an event hub for holidays, etc), it will never become a social hub even close to what LA was. Nor would it, i’m afraid revitalize racial cities.
And i just don’t see Anet creating a real replacement. Not based on their previous “achievements”.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I’m looking forward to this update. It should be suitably climactic.

That said, I HIGHLY doubt LA will be destroyed and gone for good. This will likely only be a “temporary destruction”, after which it resumes its former role as the hub city of GW2, but with changes and new layouts to represent what has gone by.

Also, whoever came up with the “By Ogden’s Hammer, MY SAVINGS!” line needs to be hired by ANet immediately. XD

And seeing Evon running away from the BLTC building as it burns down was hilarious. Run, you fat cat!

Posted by: Cassandra Nea.2507

Cassandra Nea.2507

I’m looking forward to this update. It should be suitably climactic.

That said, I HIGHLY doubt LA will be destroyed and gone for good. This will likely only be a “temporary destruction”, after which it resumes its former role as the hub city of GW2, but with changes and new layouts to represent what has gone by.

Also, whoever came up with the “By Ogden’s Hammer, MY SAVINGS!” line needs to be hired by ANet immediately. XD

And seeing Evon running away from the BLTC building as it burns down was hilarious. Run, you fat cat!

I agree – in the trailer, the catchphrase for this patch is “the siege begins”. What usually happens when an enemy has your city under siege is that you gather all your forces and do whatever is in your power to lift the siege.
I think this is what will be the focus of this patch, then in the next one we show Scarlet the door (and she gets killed maybe/maybe not) and then after that the work of rebuilding LA to its former glory will begin. That last part possibly tying into the beginning of the next season of the living story.

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

It would be fun if LA is turned into a new “endgame” zone. An entire besieged zone just dedicated to group raids, with really difficult bosses/mobs/events scattered throughout the map. Similar to queens gauntlet, except its LA.

But tbh I think its yet again temporary content, at the end we drive them away and LA is hurt but not disabled. Boring though. If they dont make it a permanent endgame zone, they might as well just make it a big hole in the ground.

Posted by: IlMattoCavaliere.4013

IlMattoCavaliere.4013

I have another question:
Where we go to gamble on Moa race?
I like to gamble

That is not dead which can eternal lie
And with strange aeons even death may die.

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

Go to the southeast of Brisbane Wilderness, listen to lore.

oh, so we have quarrer falls and hedge of denravi there?
really, lore can only go so far, devs can simple make an event to change the lore in a heartbeat.
you need locations of old, known places with known names.
for now, the only place in GW2 that is still GW is LA, remove LA and there is no GW.