Evon Gnashblade - Hero of Lion's Arch

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

I’m wondering when the last time Kiel picked up and sword, and actually did anything. As for Evon, he saved Jory from certain doom.

Heroes come in all shapes and sizes. Just because he’s not flaunting around his weapons, doesn’t mean he doesn’t know how to use them properly. A real hero is there when you need him, unlike some princesses who can’t even properly defend the city she represents.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Posted by: Darkbattlemage.9612

Darkbattlemage.9612

Gnashy will save the day, wait and see :-) Dead customers means bad for bussiness.

Great for business actually he can “recover” all their belongings, keeping the valuables to resell and returning the junk to the decease next of kin.

I’m the Asura Elementalist that stole all your cookies, well except the oatmeal ones.
Chaos always finds a way, who you think Evil learned it from?

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

I really hope Evon steps it up in the next chapter then we’ll see who the real hero is! and it won’t be that Kiel lady.

Darkbattlemage.9612

Heroes come in all shapes and sizes. Just because he’s not flaunting around his weapons, doesn’t mean he doesn’t know how to use them properly. A real hero is there when you need him, unlike some princesses who can’t even properly defend the city she represents.

Where is Evon now? Lion’s Arch is going to burn, he in the city yet not lifting a single claw. Perhaps he just a thief like some of the other citizens that been idolized by those who should know better.

I’m the Asura Elementalist that stole all your cookies, well except the oatmeal ones.

Posted by: Drecien.4508

Drecien.4508

Ellen Keil all the way! For Ascalon- never forget the foefire.

14 level 80s All races/professions
Server-Blackgate, are there others?
Some must fight, so that all may be free. —Amora Soulkeeper.

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

Which Ellen Kielbern was clearly responsible for. Rytlock confiscated Sohothin so she couldn’t do it again in LA.

Little did he know she had sylvari backup…

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Even if Evon were to turn into a villain worse than Scarlet, his fanboys will still find a way to praise him and glorify his actions.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: OmaiGodman.2098

OmaiGodman.2098

I hope Evon dies, just to see the reaction of all his fanboys

Either this, or have him run with his tail between his legs.

I’ve said before that Gnashblade is like Steve Jobs. Scrap that. Gnashblade is like Justin Bieber and his fans are Tyria’s equivalent of Beliebers. So don’t be too harsh on them, they’ve yet to discover themselves.

Any plan that involves dead quaggans is, by design, foolproof. I’m an unmitigated genius!

Darkbattlemage.9612

I’ve said before that Gnashblade is like Steve Jobs. Scrap that. Gnashblade is like Justin Bieber and his fans are Tyria’s equivalent of Beliebers. So don’t be too harsh on them, they’ve yet to discover themselves.

Quick let’s burrow the Molten Alliance flamethrowers and purge this blight on Tyria…perhaps this is what Scarlet true objective is and we have been fooled into thinking she just being evil for evil’s sake.

Posted by: Infamous Darkness.3284

Infamous Darkness.3284

Quick let’s burrow the Molten Alliance flamethrowers and purge this blight on Tyria…perhaps this is what Scarlet true objective is and we have been fooled into thinking she just being evil for evil’s sake.

Flamethrowers aren’t a very good choice for digging holes…

Infamous Culverin(engi[Main]), one of every other class.
Karl Marx: “Go away! Last words are for fools who haven’t said enough!”

Darkbattlemage.9612

I never suggest using flamethrowers to dig holes, nor did I imply Scarlet was going to try. Plus I was jokingly suggesting Scarlet plan was to dig a big hole and throw Evon and his fans into it to save Tyria from its own version of the Bieber plague.

Anyways in the trailer we do see Lion’s Arch on fire, which implies the flamethrowers were used to some degree.

Infamous Darkness.3284

I never suggest using flamethrowers to dig holes, nor did I imply Scarlet was going to try. Plus I was jokingly suggesting Scarlet plan was to dig a big hole and throw Evon and his fans into it to save Tyria from its own version of the Bieber plague.

Anyways in the trailer we do see Lion’s Arch on fire, which implies the flamethrowers were used to some degree.

I was just teasing you for the use of the word “burrow” – defined as
“(of an animal) make a hole or tunnel, esp. to use as a dwelling.”
when it was clear that you meant “borrow” – defined as
“take and use (something that belongs to someone else) with the intention of returning it.”

Smooth Penguin.5294

I’ve said before that Gnashblade is like Steve Jobs.

This makes perfect sense. Both Evon and Steve were innovators. They brought out products that were useful for millions of people: Evon with his Watchwork pick, and Steve Jobs with his iPhone.

There’s one big difference though. Evon is a hero who’s not only a smart business man, but is also a trained warrior that protects the city. We can be proud of a charr like him.

Darkbattlemage.9612

I was just teasing you for the use of the word “burrow” – defined as
“(of an animal) make a hole or tunnel, esp. to use as a dwelling.”
when it was clear that you meant “borrow” – defined as
“take and use (something that belongs to someone else) with the intention of returning it.”

Oh my bad habit of spelling similar sounding but meaning completely different words strikes again. At least it wasn’t something inappropriate this time….

There’s one big difference though. Evon is a hero who’s not only a smart business man, but is also a trained warrior that protects the city. We can be proud of a charr like him.

Wouldn’t he be a thief in profession since he uses daggers? I don’t recall warriors being able to use daggers, at least it didn’t appear my warrior could use them.

(edited by Darkbattlemage.9612)

Posted by: kimeekat.2548

kimeekat.2548

I’ve said before that Gnashblade is like Steve Jobs.

This makes perfect sense. Both Evon and Steve were innovators. They brought out products that were useful for millions of people: Evon with his Watchwork pick, and Steve Jobs with his iPhone.

There’s another difference between the two. Steve Jobs and his wife gave away tens of millions of dollars during his lifetime to hospitals for AIDS research. Evon Gnashblade’s selfless acts of charity amount to … … … IDK, he gives away a freebie in the BLTP every other month, I guess, but even Apple is more generous by giving away new free apps/music through Starbucks each week. And I guess he’s a warrior? But the only time he’s canonically fought was for control of the BLTC. I can’t come up with an example of him “protect[ing] the city” beyond that.

Meanwhile, Kiel went above and beyond in Southsun, not just doing her job and finding the wildlife attacks’ source but also getting all those poor refugees out of their unfair contracts with the consortium, which is not so much in her job description.

Clove Zolan – Bringers of Aggro [Oops] – Blackgate

Posted by: Alleluia.1320

Alleluia.1320

I hope Kiel meets her doom in a horrible and terrible way. And then, at the last moment, Evon charges in, catches her foes off guard, tosses the injured Kiel over a shoulder and runs to safety.

And thus begins a long running romance/contest between the two, where they keep track of who’s saved who the most times now. Each trying to one-up the other, neither ever admitting to the growing feelings between them that everyone else can so clearly see.

… I would support this. XD

Same. That actually sounds rather interesting to me. XD

Smooth Penguin.5294

Wouldn’t he be a thief in profession since he uses daggers? I don’t recall warriors being able to use daggers, at least it didn’t appear my warrior could use them.

I use the term “warrior” in the general sense, much like saying “soldier”. But regardless of what Evon’s battle skills are, he is a true hero to Lion’s Arch.

Meanwhile, Kiel went above and beyond in Southsun, not just doing her job and finding the wildlife attacks’ source but also getting all those poor refugees out of their unfair contracts with the consortium, which is not so much in her job description.

Ah, such is the spin from a Kiel supporter. WE player heroes did all the work in Southsun when we saved the people there from the Consortium.

All Kiel did was take credit for our hard work, and weaken the defenses of Lion’s Arch due to her lack of leadership skills. At least with a hero like Evon, he shares credit for team effort. If the players voted for him, Lion’s Arch would be much more defended from attacks. This is as to be expected from a great leader like Evon Gnashblade.

Darkbattlemage.9612

I use the term “warrior” in the general sense, much like saying “soldier”. But regardless of what Evon’s battle skills are, he is a true hero to Lion’s Arch.

Ah I understand now. I however don’t see how he is a hero and no examples have been given. The only thing that been presented is evidence of his cunning and perception, since he knew pirates couldn’t be intimidated into paying protection from a Charr warband.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I spotted him in the video running for his live so I’m not sure if he gets such a role

With his tail between his legs. Did he perhaps have bags of gold and loot slung over his shoulder that he robbed from people who fled LA leaving behind valuables?

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

Because he’s the hero Lion’s Arch deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So, we’ll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he’s not our hero. He’s a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A Dark Knight.

Darkbattlemage.9612

Because he’s the hero Lion’s Arch deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So, we’ll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he’s not our hero. He’s a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A Dark Knight.

Why must he be batman? Why not Bane I think he’ll make a better Bane.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

If he’s Bane then who’s the puppeteer controlling him?

Darkbattlemage.9612

If he’s Bane then who’s the puppeteer controlling him?

Or right I forgot Dark Knight Bane was a puppet for Talia al Ghul. Hmmm I don’t suppose he can be the Ra’s al Ghul of Tyria, could he?

Smooth Penguin.5294

The parallels are there. Bruce Wayne and Evon Gnashblade are both rich. They both went through dark moments in their lives, Bruce with his parents getting killed, and Evon having to kill his Warband leader. And both protect the citizens of the city using an alter ego: Bruce Wayne as Batman, and Evon as Mister E.

The Anet writers did a masterful job with creating a hero like Evon Gnashblade.

Infamous Darkness.3284

I like evon gnashblade but I would consider him to be closer to Rorschach from the watchmen then batman (if he truly ends up being mr. E)

Rorschach’s Journal. October 12th, 1985: Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout “Save us!”… and I’ll whisper “no.”

Darkbattlemage.9612

You haven’t produce any evidence to suggest Evon a hero or even E. E is interested in the protection of Divinity’s Reach and Lion’s Arch. Evon has some motivation to ensure Lion’s Arch survival but as evident by the coming content has done nothing to prepare the city.

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

I’m sure Bruce killed his superior as well. Oh and what a true Patriot, doing it all for the greater good of the Legion. Oh wait, he doest not do that …

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

Smooth Penguin.5294

You haven’t produce any evidence to suggest Evon a hero or even E. E is interested in the protection of Divinity’s Reach and Lion’s Arch. Evon has some motivation to ensure Lion’s Arch survival but as evident by the coming content has done nothing to prepare the city.

A true hero doesn’t need to tell his story. He let’s Anet do it for him. Tis expected from a humble charr like Evon.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/short-story-evon-gnashblade-disembarks/

Posted by: Alleluia.1320

Alleluia.1320

To all the ppl taking this too seriously: I thought it was fairly obvious the post and thread is meant in good fun.

… Though I do totally subscribe to Evon being Mr. E. >_> #TeamGnashblade !

Smooth Penguin.5294

To all the ppl taking this too seriously: I thought it was fairly obvious the post and thread is meant in good fun.

… Though I do totally subscribe to Evon being Mr. E. >_> #TeamGnashblade !

A true hero knows how to have fun. But my friend, I think you’re missing the point that Evon will save the day, while Kiel’s ineffective leadership sinks the city. That’s what this is all about. I’m just doing my duty to inform the masses that in Tyria’s darkest hour, there’s always a hero in the shadows.

And yes, #TeamGnashblade now and forever!

Darkbattlemage.9612

A true hero knows how to have fun. But my friend, I think you’re missing the point that Evon will save the day, while Kiel’s ineffective leadership sinks the city. That’s what this is all about. I’m just doing my duty to inform the masses that in Tyria’s darkest hour, there’s always a hero in the shadows.

And yes, #TeamGnashblade now and forever!

Again your evidence proves nothing except Evon is perceptive as he notes pirates can’t be intimidated. I see no hero, instead I see an insubordinate soldier who killed his superior because he felt he was better at the job. Is the Tribune aware of this? He is still part of the Ash Legion? Or has he join the ranks of the Gladiums. Also Evon isn’t E because he has no motive to save Divinity’s Reach. It is obvious E is a human, though not Ellen because she lacks the motivation to want to protect Divinity’s Reach as well.

I’ll agree he’s a good businessman and an opportunist in combat but I don’t see him having hero material.

Ben K.6238

That’s the way charr society works. Foolish commanders get replaced one way or another. Doesn’t bother the Tribune much as long as he’s pulling his weight.

I wonder what the Ash Legion is getting out of his business, actually.

E may be more than one person, and I suspect Livia may have some involvement there.

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

I hope Kiel meets her doom in a horrible and terrible way. And then, at the last moment, Evon charges in, catches her foes off guard, tosses the injured Kiel over a shoulder and runs to safety.

And thus begins a long running romance/contest between the two, where they keep track of who’s saved who the most times now. Each trying to one-up the other, neither ever admitting to the growing feelings between them that everyone else can so clearly see.

… I would support this. XD

That reminds me of certain image I saw in certain site, and I’m sure you did too. :P

Posted by: Risingashes.8694

Risingashes.8694

The “hardwon personal assets” that he opted to keep from LA merchants who had been raided by the Aetherblades instead of returning them to their rightful owners?

Firstly, it was stolen from Divinity’s Reach merchants. But let’s look closer at the situation.

There was a pile of stolen treasure, Kiel claims to be returning it but how could she possibly do so? Do you think that each coin is stamped with it’s owners mark? Do you think sky pirate keep a ledger of the origin of all the loot?

Of course not. Did anyone see any of the money return? Did anyone find the recients or hear their thankful tales of re-enrichment? No, of course not. Kiel couldn’t have returned the money and didn’t.

Gnashblade on the other hand, split the booty with his crew, something any responsible commander would do, while Kiel kept it all for herself. I prefer to support someone who takes care of those he fights with rather than the nameless elite of a foreign city, who failed in their personal duty to protect their own assets.

A vote for Gnashblade was a vote for personal responsibility for wealthy foreign merchants, and comradely for those closest to you. But the Asuran sponsored Kiel doesn’t hold those values, she was bought and paid for.

Darkbattlemage.9612

That’s the way charr society works. Foolish commanders get replaced one way or another. Doesn’t bother the Tribune much as long as he’s pulling his weight.

I was under the impression the Tribune had to be present when a challenge has been issued towards a warband leader by one of their subordinates, to ensure everything goes smoothly. Of course Rytlock could of just been there to enjoy seeing the blood legion commander hit the ground.

I wonder what the Ash Legion is getting out of his business, actually.

I’m actually curious to, wonder we’ll get any legitimate hypotheses or theories in this thread.

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

Hopefully he won’t escape LA. On that note I’ll pay 500g to the dev that makes it happen. Then possibly we can have some semblance of rewards in this game.

Serenity now~Insanity later

Posted by: AtlasSi.9130

AtlasSi.9130

#SupportRNG ! <3

18 80s | 12 100% | r177 | wvw r970 | 9,000+ hours
BP → DR → FA → Mag → BP → FA

Posted by: Flash.6912

Flash.6912

I think the true LA Heroes are those afk commanders pop up their tag and afk in LA -_-

R.I.P Kumu <3

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

I think the true LA Heroes are those afk commanders pop up their tag and afk in LA -_-

How else would they tell the world they wasted 100g on a blue corn chip Dorito?

Ben K.6238

I’m actually curious to, wonder we’ll get any legitimate hypotheses or theories in this thread.

Haha. In this thread? This thread is not that kind of thread.

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Haha. In this thread? This thread is not that kind of thread.

Wrong.

This is actually something I’ve touched on in RP (yes, I’m an RPer). By tracking what’s being bought and sold where, where things are being moved, and making note of shifts in the normal flow of things, you can get a pretty good picture of what’s REALLY happening in the world. People are PAYING him to track their movements within the world, and it’s almost impossible to undertake a big project without him knowing.

(Yes, I’m well aware that Scarlet seems to have defied this. That’s a subject for another thread or twelve.)

Also, if the Ash Legion is aware of an upcoming need for something (say, the grain supplies in an area have been burned and winter is coming), then that gives Ash the chance to either soften the blow of the problem, or amplify it by whether or not the send more or less supplies to the area. I would say that this is the weakest of the reasons, but I’m sure it can occasionally come into play.

Finally, the BLCT is everywhere, and employs people from all five of the major races. No one thinks twice about a charr traveling around and doing work for them. It’s the perfect excuse for Ash agents to move around all over Tyria.

In short, the BLTC is the best large-scale information gathering and spy network in Tyria, most likely even better than the Order of Whispers. The only places the Order beats them is in actually manipulating events and gathering small-scale information.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Darkbattlemage.9612

Wrong.

This is actually something I’ve touched on in RP (yes, I’m an RPer). By tracking what’s being bought and sold where, where things are being moved, and making note of shifts in the normal flow of things, you can get a pretty good picture of what’s REALLY happening in the world. People are PAYING him to track their movements within the world, and it’s almost impossible to undertake a big project without him knowing.

(Yes, I’m well aware that Scarlet seems to have defied this. That’s a subject for another thread or twelve.)

Also, if the Ash Legion is aware of an upcoming need for something (say, the grain supplies in an area have been burned and winter is coming), then that gives Ash the chance to either soften the blow of the problem, or amplify it by whether or not the send more or less supplies to the area. I would say that this is the weakest of the reasons, but I’m sure it can occasionally come into play.

Finally, the BLCT is everywhere, and employs people from all five of the major races. No one thinks twice about a charr traveling around and doing work for them. It’s the perfect excuse for Ash agents to move around all over Tyria.

In short, the BLTC is the best large-scale information gathering and spy network in Tyria, most likely even better than the Order of Whispers. The only places the Order beats them is in actually manipulating events and gathering small-scale information.

That makes sense but what of the predecessor warband leader who planned on simply demanding protection money? How does that fit in with your hypothesis?

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

That makes sense but what of the predecessor warband leader who planned on simply demanding protection money? How does that fit in with your hypothesis?

He was aiming low, and being stupid. A quick cash grab, and a thug’s authority. That’s all he thought they could get, and he was an idiot.

And now, he’s dead.

A TV show once had someone describe serendipity as “digging for worms, and finding gold”. As far as the Ash Legion is concerned, that’s exactly what happened here.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Ben K.6238

Depends on whether he’s still with the Legion or not. It looks like the BLTC was an Ash project, but LA has a tendency of dissociating people from outside influences.

That the BLTC is not exclusive to Lion’s Arch, and in fact has a presence even in charr lands, indicates he’s still on-side with them to some extent. Appearing to be a LA-based organisation just makes it easier to work with the other cities that might have issues dealing with an overtly charr-run organisation.

Losing LA is bad for business, and if there’s any priority Gnashblade holds above all others it’s what’s good for business. I still can’t pick what Ash is getting out of the deal, though. It could be a project intended to procure supplies for the legion that they couldn’t easily get east of the Blazeridges – that’s probably how it started, anyway.

Perhaps they’re making a profit from Gnashblade’s endeavour – but power in charr society is derived from firepower, not gold. That much gold would only help them if they need to pay for something expensive.
Perhaps it’s the information that’s more desirable. Ash tends to collect that regardless of whether it’s immediately needed. Much like the Order of Whispers, they’ll send operatives into every place they can – including the Order of Whispers – just to learn what’s going on. Even if Gnashblade is a money-hoarder with little interest in his legion, providing them with information would be an easy way for him to keep them happy.

What they intend to do with such information, if anything, is anyone’s guess. I doubt we’ll be seeing them in Demetra again any time soon.

(edited by Ben K.6238)

Posted by: Yojimaru.4980

Yojimaru.4980

Losing LA is bad for business, and if there’s any priority Gnashblade holds above all others it’s what’s good for business. I still can’t pick what Ash is getting out of the deal, though. It could be a project intended to procure supplies for the legion that they couldn’t easily get east of the Blazeridges – that’s probably how it started, anyway.

Perhaps they’re making a profit from Gnashblade’s endeavour – but power in charr society is derived from firepower, not gold. That much gold would only help them if they need to pay for something expensive.
Perhaps it’s the information that’s more desirable. Ash tends to collect that regardless of whether it’s immediately needed. Much like the Order of Whispers, they’ll send operatives into every place they can – including the Order of Whispers – just to learn what’s going on. Even if Gnashblade is a money-hoarder with little interest in his legion, providing them with information would be an easy way for him to keep them happy.

What they intend to do with such information, if anything, is anyone’s guess. I doubt we’ll be seeing them in Demetra again any time soon.

It’s often forgotten that the Ash Legion Imperator, Malice Swordshadow, has been pushing for the peace treaty between humans and charr for quite some time. She sent agents (Ember Doomforge) to the Vigil to aid in the recovery of the Claw of the Khan-ur, and then persuaded Smoldur into beginning negotiations with Queen Jennah. I see the BLTC as just another extension of her aims to smooth racial relations across Tyria and get us all well supplied and fighting on the same side, against the dragons.

Darkbattlemage.9612

He was aiming low, and being stupid. A quick cash grab, and a thug’s authority. That’s all he thought they could get, and he was an idiot.

Could be also the warband leader was planning on deserting and leaving their warband to take the far, never counting on one of them to challenge them for leadership. From Evon’s perspective it was just another order from the higher ups of the legion, one he found himself questioning.

Perhaps it both gold and information. Information on new technologies that may be circulating outside the Charr homelands and gold to pay Asura technicians to manufacture and maintain magitech the Legions themselves are unable to, we just haven’t seen it because the Ash Legion probably fielding such equipment in the defense of their homelands or the Iron Legion is attempting to reverse engineer the technology. Or perhaps the Ash Legion is funding a top secretive project that requires a massive amount of resources from the other lands.

Ben K.6238

Evon is pretty much Scarlet in the opposite role.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

That reminds me of certain image I saw in certain site, and I’m sure you did too. :P

Quite possibly.

Firstly, it was stolen from Divinity’s Reach merchants. But let’s look closer at the situation.

There was a pile of stolen treasure, Kiel claims to be returning it but how could she possibly do so? Do you think that each coin is stamped with it’s owners mark? Do you think sky pirate keep a ledger of the origin of all the loot?

Of course not. Did anyone see any of the money return? Did anyone find the recients or hear their thankful tales of re-enrichment? No, of course not. Kiel couldn’t have returned the money and didn’t.

Gnashblade on the other hand, split the booty with his crew, something any responsible commander would do, while Kiel kept it all for herself. I prefer to support someone who takes care of those he fights with rather than the nameless elite of a foreign city, who failed in their personal duty to protect their own assets.

A vote for Gnashblade was a vote for personal responsibility for wealthy foreign merchants, and comradely for those closest to you. But the Asuran sponsored Kiel doesn’t hold those values, she was bought and paid for.

LA merchants, Divinity’s Reach merchants… They’re all merchants. Are you implying that one should show favouritism to merchants from different cities? That’s a surefire way to kill trade; if one group decides they’re not getting a fair deal, they’re going to take their business elsewhere. And as Kryta appears to be the only nation with substantial farming land, it would NOT be wise to aggravate them.

And yes, I’m not denying it would be extremely hard to figure out whose loot belonged to who, but most trading businesses would have had their goods stored in containers bearing their particular mark. (As the Consortium did back during the Lost Shores.) Those could be easily tracked down and given back to their rightful owners, and tradable goods would have likely represented the bulk of the wealth stolen from the merchants. (Even back in medieval days, merchants rarely carried much coin. Why increase the risk of getting robbed? They would have brought just enough to pay their employees and cover any incidental expenses.)

As for not hearing any stories of merchants getting their goods back, of COURSE we wouldn’t hear about it. Adventurers have no interest in finding out what one merchant or another is doing aside from when they sell their goods or purchase new equipment. When was the last time we bothered to ask how the month’s shipment of potatoes from Rata Sum to Lion’s Arch went? Or whether the Black Citadel’s forges managed to recover from the iron shipment problems due to Dredge raids on their mines? We never asked, so of course we weren’t told.

Gnashblade actually seized the money to fund his campaign warchest. (He even admitted it openly!) If he did share some of the loot with his crew, he only did what he had to to prevent his crew from mutinying against him.

Smooth Penguin.5294

Gnashblade actually seized the money to fund his campaign warchest. (He even admitted it openly!) If he did share some of the loot with his crew, he only did what he had to to prevent his crew from mutinying against him.

Running a political campaign is quite expensive. A lot of times, the people working for you do so voluntarily, so a majority of the funds go towards outreach and advertisement. Probably a small portion of the Gold went to feeding his staff, while a bulk was to inform the masses that Ellen Kiel is an inept leader with no skills what-so-ever.

Alas, she was able to bribe her way to victory with promises of cheaper WPs. Most of the uninformed fell for this trick, as when you did the number crunching, the amount saved equaled next to nothing. Now Lion’s Arch is about to get destroyed due to her lack of initiative on setting up a perimeter air defense. You get what you vote for.

Darkbattlemage.9612

Alas, she was able to bribe her way to victory with promises of cheaper WPs. Most of the uninformed fell for this trick, as when you did the number crunching, the amount saved equaled next to nothing. Now Lion’s Arch is about to get destroyed due to her lack of initiative on setting up a perimeter air defense. You get what you vote for.

Perhaps it wasn’t a trick, perhaps the majority did not care about playing Tyria Stock Markets and instead wanted to explore the land as adventurers trend to do. Perhaps they actually felt pity for Evon, who wanted to take a burden that they didn’t want to trouble him with. Or perhaps Evon told Ellen to offer cheaper Waypoints and a fractal about the Thaumanova Reactor knowing she would win. Evon isn’t a hero, he is a infiltrator sent by the Ash Legion for unknown purposes that may or may not have gone rogue. A position of importance, such as the Captain’s Council, would carry a risk of compromise and restriction of his actions so perhaps he only ran for Captain’s Council to give an illusion of competition.

When they were meeting with the Zypherite leader he introduced Ellen as his associate, which could be evidence the two are working with one another. Yes Ellen denied being his subordinate or even acquaintance but perhaps it was a simply misdirection?