Gift of Blades cost imba

Gift of Blades cost imba

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: Kervs.4069

Kervs.4069

The cost to craft this is so disproportionate just from 1 ingredient:
Armorsmith: 15 Deldrimor Steel Ingot ~ 7g each on TP
Leatherworker: 15 Elonian Leather Square ~ 4g each on TP
Tailor: 15 Bolt of Damask ~ 13g each on TP = 195g????

Even to craft it from bottom up, you’ll find that for Bolt of Damask, you need Spool of Silk Weaving Thread, which requires 4500 Silk Scrap???

ANet, please explain?

(edited by Kervs.4069)

Gift of Blades cost imba

Posted by: Klonex.4562

Klonex.4562

you do realize that you can get all of those materials for free? scraping all of the bad loot that the bags give you are more than enough to get a ton of silk scraps.

~ the only bad thing about crafting those things is that if you don’t have any of them and since they’re ascended materials you’ll have to wait 23+ hours to craft 1 piece of it. you’ll need 15 days in order to get 15 pieces, which is why i absolutely hate crafting ascended things, it’s beyond stupid. if we have the materials, then let us just craft it, or at least let the cap be 5 items.

~Krystal <3 Angela ~
~ I taught cows how to Moo! ~

Gift of Blades cost imba

Posted by: Izaya.2906

Izaya.2906

It is intended in order to raise the price of leather because it is currently undervalued.

So is the pumping of cotton/linen supply through LA event bags.

Gift of Blades cost imba

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

To be honest, silk is the one thing I always got enough of. :X

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Gift of Blades cost imba

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

To be honest, silk is the one thing I always got enough of. :X

You panty stealer.

Gift of Blades cost imba

Posted by: Ganathar.4956

Ganathar.4956

you do realize that you can get all of those materials for free? scraping all of the bad loot that the bags give you are more than enough to get a ton of silk scraps.

~ the only bad thing about crafting those things is that if you don’t have any of them and since they’re ascended materials you’ll have to wait 23+ hours to craft 1 piece of it. you’ll need 15 days in order to get 15 pieces, which is why i absolutely hate crafting ascended things, it’s beyond stupid. if we have the materials, then let us just craft it, or at least let the cap be 5 items.

Even if you gather the silk yourself it’s not free. Don’t forget that you could have sold the silk for a hefty amount of coins.

Gift of Blades cost imba

Posted by: ErazorZ.5209

ErazorZ.5209

Think about this,

crafting leatherworking from 0-500 + the 15 elionan leather is CHEAPER then being 500 artificing needing 15 damask.
youll save about 50gold that way, thats NOT fair.

Gift of Blades cost imba

Posted by: Klonex.4562

Klonex.4562

this is why you should try to reach the max lvl for all of your crafting, a bit unfair yes. though you’ll save a lot when things like this happen. you have the chance to craft cheaper things on different crafting stations to get the same result, though in cheaper ways.

~Krystal <3 Angela ~
~ I taught cows how to Moo! ~

Gift of Blades cost imba

Posted by: Kahrgan.7401

Kahrgan.7401

Anet doesnt have to explain anything for this. I have built a shadow of grenth and a light of dwayna, both that require 15 damask. If you make the back piece with tailoring, why would it require anything other than TAILORING materials.

Less whining, more farming/saving your money.

Don’t call anyone out on their BS, that’s an infraction and a deleted post. —Anet.

Gift of Blades cost imba

Posted by: Waldir.2571

Waldir.2571

Making it craftable through all 3 professions was the best and most balanced move they could take. This gives you 3 options when it comes to crafting it. The imbalance in price come from other things that cannot be helped right now.

Gift of Blades cost imba

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

I’m making a fortune selling materials to people who want that hideous back piece. Yay for supply and demand!

SBI

Gift of Blades cost imba

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Even if you gather the silk yourself it’s not free. Don’t forget that you could have sold the silk for a hefty amount of coins.

That’s a good argument in the real world, but in a game having fun is the important thing which is why opportunity cost is only a concern for people who enjoy flipping items.

For people who are enjoying their time questing, clearing maps, doing events, and spending time with their friends, the materials really are free, because they get them for doing what they were going to do anyway.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Gift of Blades cost imba

Posted by: willowthewhite.2985

willowthewhite.2985

A better way for them to have done it would have been to have made it so armour would use metal for insignia, leather would use leather for insignia, and tailor would use cloth for insignia, that way the demand for materials would be spread across all crafting professions (I except tailors would still be slightly disadvantaged due to more light armour wearing professions)

Gift of Blades cost imba

Posted by: Morgash.3165

Morgash.3165

There was already a post about his here..
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/escape/Tempered-Spinal-Blades-cost/first

The discrepancy is not ok between the three professions. Tailors needing 100 silk bolts on a item that CAN NOT BE FARMED FROM NODE’s is the biggest issue. Trying to say farm from events is a bad argument. One its random getting just as many other crafting mats as you would silk and two the events are not always on. This issue with tailoring is not a short term issue it’s been this way as far as costs for awhile as soon as the over abundance of silk ran out after they added ascended armor the cost to tailors just keeps getting worse and worse.

Gift of Blades cost imba

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

You can’t farm leather from nodes either. The discrepancy is that the recipes are equal, it’s the market prices that are not. Apparently, clothies are more popular classes and therefor the demand for tailoring supplies is higher, thus driving prices up. If the recipes were equalized based on today’s market pricing, in time the market will shift and the costs will be uneven. It’s just a shame that the costs are so vastly different.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Gift of Blades cost imba

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

I think the main issue is more because of the requirement of 100 Bolt of Silk vs 50 Thick Leather. Both should have been 50, then the Damask would also be more in line with the others in terms of value (albeit still a bit on the higher spectrum).

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU

Gift of Blades cost imba

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

O I thought they were all 50

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Gift of Blades cost imba

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Its not free just because you collected it yourself. Think about the money you lost from not selling it

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Gift of Blades cost imba

Morgash.3165

You can’t farm leather from nodes either. The discrepancy is that the recipes are equal, it’s the market prices that are not. Apparently, clothies are more popular classes and therefor the demand for tailoring supplies is higher, thus driving prices up. If the recipes were equalized based on today’s market pricing, in time the market will shift and the costs will be uneven. It’s just a shame that the costs are so vastly different.

Please don’t type something unless you know wtf you are talking about.

Elonian Cord: 50 cured thick leather square = 100 hardened Sections

Silk Weaving Thread: 100 bolts of silk = 200 silk scraps

yep no imbalance there….

Gift of Blades cost imba

Posted by: KarateKid.5648

KarateKid.5648

So on the leather vs. cloth argument – I actually find drakes and other critters dropping sections at a higher rate than critters drop silk/linen winds up balancing this out… my experience only – yours may differ since randomocitiness is involved

On the topic of intent – only thing i can figure is ANet will wind up 1) motivating the completion to 500 in certain crafting skills 2) creating indirect demand for the NEXT living story(ies) event participation by continuing to offer trades for former LS item crafting… that’s happening now for some.

Dunno if that was intended, but that appears to be the effect it’s having.

Gift of Blades cost imba

Posted by: thaooo.5320

thaooo.5320

FYI its 300 silk scraps not 200. Awkward.

ALL IS VAIN.
PvP modes are the “endgame” in all MMOs.
Stop failing at PvE, and fix WvW/SPvP. Thank you.

Gift of Blades cost imba

Posted by: Ignavia.7420

Ignavia.7420

yep no imbalance there….

In fact, it is 150 Thick Leather Sections for the Elonian Cord and 300 Silk Scraps for the Silk Weaving Thread. The ratio is the same, though.

Gift of Blades cost imba

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

yep no imbalance there….

In fact, it is 150 Thick Leather Sections for the Elonian Cord and 300 Silk Scraps for the Silk Weaving Thread. The ratio is the same, though.

Oh, the irony.

(edited by FenrirSlakt.3692)

Gift of Blades cost imba

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

ANet wants to force people to level leatherworking to 500.
That’s the only reason I can think of.

Or they just don’t know what they’re doing.

Gift of Blades cost imba

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

ANet wants to force people to level leatherworking to 500.
That’s the only reason I can think of.

Or they just don’t know what they’re doing.

I welcome the use of the leather oversupply. My stock of seemingly worthless leather may soon find a new home.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Gift of Blades cost imba

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

The cost to craft this is so disproportionate just from 1 ingredient:
Armorsmith: 15 Deldrimor Steel Ingot ~ 7g each on TP
Leatherworker: 15 Elonian Leather Square ~ 4g each on TP
Tailor: 15 Bolt of Damask ~ 13g each on TP = 195g????

Even to craft it from bottom up, you’ll find that for Bolt of Damask, you need Spool of Silk Weaving Thread, which requires 4500 Silk Scrap???

ANet, please explain?

You have a couple of things you need to realize from your post.

1) Players are the ones who determine the value of Elonian Leather and Bolts of Damask.

2) There’s nothing wrong with the ingredients. You have the option of crafting your own, and/or buying from the TP. There’s plenty of opportunity to get enough mats for multiple Blades.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Gift of Blades cost imba

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

I made mine with all of the deldrimor steel I had crafted for 3 months and had done nothing with. it was jsut sitting around. The deldrimor is half the cost on the TP as opposed to the damask.

I actually found this back piece to be WAY less expensive than the quiver I made ages ago with T6 mats etc. Picking the stats this time around is great too.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Gift of Blades cost imba

Morgash.3165

yep no imbalance there….

Doh ya typed the wrong numbers.. but ya was going for the ratio.. being 2 to 1… Someone trying to say they are balanced.. well you understand.

Gift of Blades cost imba

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

The imbalance is that damask is needed in all three professions and not just for Tailoring. On top of that you need 100 bolts which is also more than any other. Leather working materials aren’t worth much because you don’t need much leather and in order to make the ascended version you also don’t need much.

If Leather was needed for everything like silk was and the cost to make ascended were the same then leather would be like damask is.

They should either lower the requirements of silk or raise the requirements of leather.
This still wouldn’t be enough because damask is needed for all three armor professions. Which is also a huge problem.

What they should not do at all is lower the amount of silk needed for the base recipe because the market has placed a high value on it.

Gift of Blades cost imba

Morgash.3165

I’ve pretty much been saying cut the silk need to 50.. just like the rest.

Also they need to look at drop rates. Did LA event 3 times and got double the leather vs cloth.. now this is for silk and think leather. linen and rugged leather when I ran a lower level through the event were about even in numbers. Granted rng plays a part but most of the time I get a lot more thick leather then silk.

Gift of Blades cost imba

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I do think that cloth drops need a bit of a balance tweak. I think that increasing the amount of cloth scraps received when salvaging by 1 (so they drop 2-3 scraps by default instead of 1-2) should help correct the ratio. I’d personally like to see Damask reduced to 50 Bolts of Silk instead of 100 too, just to keep it consistent with the other Ascended mats, but I think my first change would mostly address that (since the main bottleneck for Damask is actually Cotton and Linen, not Silk).

Gift of Blades cost imba

Morgash.3165

I do think that cloth drops need a bit of a balance tweak. I think that increasing the amount of cloth scraps received when salvaging by 1 (so they drop 2-3 scraps by default instead of 1-2) should help correct the ratio. I’d personally like to see Damask reduced to 50 Bolts of Silk instead of 100 too, just to keep it consistent with the other Ascended mats, but I think my first change would mostly address that (since the main bottleneck for Damask is actually Cotton and Linen, not Silk).

Maybe for you.. its a lot cheaper to buy a few cloth and linen once a day then farm 300 scraps or the cost of buying that much silk for me per day.

Gift of Blades cost imba

Posted by: Grevender.9235

Grevender.9235

very very unfair :\

Gift of Blades cost imba

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

I salvage every white, blue, green, and yellow I get my hands on, and it still takes me 4 days -1 week+ to amass the 300 silks needed to make 100 bolts.

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

Gift of Blades cost imba

Posted by: Niko Stark.8932

Niko Stark.8932

I initially regret getting my Leatherwork to 500 because after making my Warrior, I wanted to turn him into my main toon. This changed that so I’m kinda glad it’s imbalanced =D