Kindof dangerous to have nothing for 10days

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: Frenk the Vile.2596

Frenk the Vile.2596

The only thing dangerous to GW2 right now is ESO but that place is going to be a ghost town in less than a month.

fixed

In my opinion ESO is not dangerous to GW2 in any way as ESO is B2P+P2P+$shop. And I’ve played it a lot during beta but it’s nothing special. Just another generic mmo with a Tamriel sticker on it.

Yeah i agree, it addresses a completly different audience…pple who likes endgame, mature story, deep quest system and cool, darker graphics. Still hope Gw2 improves, but honestly my guild got split…and i’m going to play ’’teso’’ too this sunday

PS: if it has a ’’tamriel’’ sticker, and i don’t think it’s true, gw2 compared to gw1 what is supposed to be xD ???

Posted by: Frenk the Vile.2596

Frenk the Vile.2596

That you seem to be okay with paying over and over and over again to enjoy something you already bought is your problem.

You don’t pay over and over for the same thing. You pay for it to be monitored, fixed, balanced, updated and expanded.

How much permanent content has this game seen in the past two years? What is the amount of new items that were not put into the gem store? How many bug fixes, gameplay features and balance patches got rolled out and with what frequency? How long does it take to contact a representative when you have an account or in-game related issue?

There are no free rides. You’re not forced to pay anything more than the initial box price and that reflects on the quality of the game. Guild Wars 2 has the foundation to be an exceptional product but it lacks solid, constant funding and has to count on the unpredictable gem store revenue that might be sky-high one week and almost non-existent the other.

This.

Posted by: Arnon.1563

Arnon.1563

I’m going to give ESO a try. I was in Beta thought it was boring then I found my grove as to how I like to play it. Then time flew by.

As far a GW2 goes.
I’ve got full ascended one one char. Enough to junk to make another full set of any other type.

7 level 80s. I just didn’t like ele or it would be 8.

Spread across my chars I have probably near 1000 rvr ranks. “Not a lot compared to some people.”

Used to do PVP daily because I could do it faster than doing the pve daily.

Tried dungeons but the stack method is a joke. Still did most paths.

Wasted 2 nights on broken Knights in last Living Story. I forgot to go to the final Conversation in DR.

The whole stacking zerg is ridiculous and a boring. The whole AE hits 5 targets makes WvW broken by default to me.

So for me it’s time for a break nothing left to see here moving a long for a while.

Posted by: SilverThorn.5047

SilverThorn.5047

Again April pack 2014….. some people will still complain….

Main: Silverthorn Ventus – swift as the wind, sharp as a thorn
Alt: Mulciber Ironbarrel – The fire creates as much as it destroys

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

ESO? I do not rent games.

To actually suggest that ESO could even remotely put Guild Wars 2 in danger is laughable. I played the beta and it was truly dire, I feel sorry for anyone that has any kind of positive expectations towards it, they are going to be very let down. Yes some will leave but they will all be back within a month when the subscription runs out and they remember how much better GW2 is and all with zero subscription fee!

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

Posted by: Pipra.7580

Pipra.7580

Wouldn’t you think? Really nothing for us to do at the moment… I mean really you could of had that bar scene in-game during the battle anyways.

no counter looter events maybe?

I’m using this as an opportunity to get caught up on my map completion and on the Personal Story for all the alts I leveled in the LA events.

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

There are still some people hyping up ESO? Every single MMO I have seen gets hyped as as the next amazing thing, all other MMOs better watch out, finally WoW is going to be dethroned, etc and then a month after it comes out everybody kittenes about how crap it is. ESO has had kitten impressions since the first day of beta and its only been getting worse, God knows what people will be saying a month after it comes out.

Posted by: Lane.3410

Lane.3410

ESO has had kitten impressions since the first day of beta and its only been getting worse, God knows what people will be saying a month after it comes out.

Quite the opposite, actually. Soon as the NDA lifted people were actually able to voice their positive feedback as opposed to all the people saying it was trash who’d never even played it (many of whom I see in this thread).

Anyway, 10 days? There’s the WvW ‘tournament’, the feature patch isn’t out until April 15th, and then I’m guessing it’ll be another 2 weeks after that for any new PvE content. So, we’re looking at potentially May. Sounds like a lot more than 10 days of nothing to me.

Posted by: melodyca.8921

melodyca.8921

ESO has had kitten impressions since the first day of beta and its only been getting worse, God knows what people will be saying a month after it comes out.

Quite the opposite, actually. Soon as the NDA lifted people were actually able to voice their positive feedback as opposed to all the people saying it was trash who’d never even played it (many of whom I see in this thread).

Anyway, 10 days? There’s the WvW ‘tournament’, the feature patch isn’t out until April 15th, and then I’m guessing it’ll be another 2 weeks after that for any new PvE content. So, we’re looking at potentially May. Sounds like a lot more than 10 days of nothing to me.

Ive done all the ESO Betas and while there have been some improvements. Its NOT enough for me to subscribe.

The lack of an auction house is going to hinder the game greatly. A great many people were confused about the crafting system. Yes its a beautiful game but its not worth $16 a month and to have a store above that.

It will be Free to Play within the year.

And the people that like or those that have not played the Elder Scrolls while most of the people who have the Elder Scrolls are not as enthusiastic

Posted by: melodyca.8921

melodyca.8921

There are still some people hyping up ESO? Every single MMO I have seen gets hyped as as the next amazing thing, all other MMOs better watch out, finally WoW is going to be dethroned, etc and then a month after it comes out everybody kittenes about how crap it is. ESO has had kitten impressions since the first day of beta and its only been getting worse, God knows what people will be saying a month after it comes out.

I remember when SWTOR was hyped to be the next big thing. Look What happened there.

Posted by: Lane.3410

Lane.3410

I’m glad to see there are so many people who apparently never spend a dime on GW2. If I bought all the character slots and inventory space I get standard with a subscription game that alone would equate to $15/mo. in the gem store. Thank god I’m not a mini collector.

Also, nobody said ESO is the next big thing. They said they’re bored with GW2 and at this point other games are looking tempting. Anet’s frankly been really lucky throughout 2013 because they didn’t have any real competition, but this year they have ESO, Wildstar, and WoD. Even if those all have subs, they still offer a completely new gaming experience (less so for WoD). New races, new classes, new zones, everything you’re not getting with GW2 right now.

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

Seriously, there’s so much to do in this game. Go get your world completion star. Go talk to any NPC with a name. Jumping puzzles, new WvW season, play something else? :o

Also, lol @ anyone that thinks ESO won’t be f2p within six months of release. “All it makes me want to do is play Skyrim.”

You had me at play something else.

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

I’m glad to see there are so many people who apparently never spend a dime on GW2. If I bought all the character slots and inventory space I get standard with a subscription game that alone would equate to $15/mo. in the gem store. Thank god I’m not a mini collector.

Also, nobody said ESO is the next big thing. They said they’re bored with GW2 and at this point other games are looking tempting. Anet’s frankly been really lucky throughout 2013 because they didn’t have any real competition, but this year they have ESO, Wildstar, and WoD. Even if those all have subs, they still offer a completely new gaming experience (less so for WoD). New races, new classes, new zones, everything you’re not getting with GW2 right now.

I believe the key difference for a lot of people (myself included) is that in GW2 I can choose to buy gems (and you can do it with ingame gold too). But even if I don’t ‘spend a dime’, I always retain access to all aspects of the game. In any other P2P MMO you do not have a choice but are required to pay or you lose access to all aspects of the game.

So effectively:
B2P – don’t want to pay, you still get to play
versus
P2P – don’t want to pay, you don’t get to play

At any rate, I wish anyone who wants to play ESO the very best and hope they will get lots of enjoyment out of that game. But after SWTOR (I was a C€VIP) I swore to myself never to fall for a subscription model ever again.

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU

(edited by Aveneo.2068)

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

I have not been doing nothing, been literally having a blast in D3 Reaper of Souls!

Compliment each another really well those 2 games, GW2 is my MMO and whenever there is any downtime/bored of GW2, fire up D3 RoS and collect AMAZING LOOT.

GW2 gives me massive multiplier experience, a bit more depth, slightly more social aspect, WvW & PvP.

D3 RoS gives me far better skills/abilities, more amazing/flashy skills, far faster combat, difficulty tailored to me, considerably more amazing loot.

In GW2 I feel like a below average joe…

In D3 RoS, I am not a hero, I am not a superhero, I AM A GOD OF DESTRUCTION, FEAR ME!

Posted by: BatsLoveCaves.5768

BatsLoveCaves.5768

I am always amazed at how these threads pop up whenever there’s even a slight break in the action. People complained over christmas break that they weren’t getting any updates. Well, Arenanet is, in fact, comprised of people – not soulless robots – and they do need a break from time to time.

But more importantly, there is a large subsection of the playerbase that welcomes the break as well. The Living Story updates way too fast for casual
players (or people with jobs, families, careers or lives) to keep up. Let us have our ten days to breathe, for crissake.

As for what you can do during the downtime, there’s a whole game world out there. If you’re bored, how about you finish some zones, run some dungeons, work on a legendary, play some PVP, play some WvW, level an alt, run guild missions, or play activities.

And if all of that somehow fails to entertain you, go play something else or read a freaking book.

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

Thing is, it is going to be a lot longer than just 10 days.

That is of course, talking actual playable content. This patch and I think a couple or a few more afterwards are going to be feature (QoL) patches.

While they are nice and all, they are not playable content. It is just changes to already existing features with a few new things added. Not actual content to play.

So you’ll be waiting a lot longer than 10 days for actual content to play. So get comfortable.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

I suspect something may happen tomorrow 1.4.14, content wise…for some reason…