LIONS ARCH: You choose the future!

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: HellsPriest.6745

HellsPriest.6745

So, let’s ASSUME that eventually we will get Lions Arch back in some way or another, and not just stay a dead city. Now I personally hope that it doesn’t happen immediately and that it takes a lot of time and effort into rebuilding the city to even better than what it once was…..

With that said for anyone interested…. List things, ideas, content, etc. below that YOU would like to see involving the rebuilding of Lions Arch. Maybe you want everything to be rebuilt out of stronger material and be more majestic than rustic… Maybe you want to see some fun little quests for gathering materials and actually helping rebuild some of the buildings, etc. etc. etc. Do you wish that Lions Arch remain a condemned city in which is turned into a prison for all future enemies? ANYTHING GOES……GO!

(no rules to this, but let’s try and keep it focused on the city of Lions Arch and it’s future)

Ahlou – 80 Sylvari Mesmer
Founder of TTS [TTS] gamers
“How do you feel about killing?” …I don’t.

Posted by: Rainbow Sprint.3215

Rainbow Sprint.3215

I said during the event that lion’s arch should be a crater after this event is over, i’ll still stand by that.

They’ve said they wanted to have a game that changes over time and the events actually impact the world since before launch, they need to prove they’re willing to do that though.

Posted by: Kruhljak.2705

Kruhljak.2705

A living world also implies mimicking what we know about how humans do things. Seeing as how LA is primarily a human location.

What do humans do after their town is demolished by a flood, hurricane, or tornado. Even after the tenth time?

Rebuild.

In the same place.

The idea that the populace would just abandon LA is preposterous and unbelievable IMO. Having a long term rebuilding process in place, with certain areas being focused on to be returned to usefulness, although preferably not to an identical state as before, would make sense and be interesting to observe along the way.

It’s not like the terrain of LA is uninhabitable, it’s just a mess. So, perhaps a rebuilding of key areas, and (at least for the foreseeable future) a wave of the hand to other areas leaving them to become wilderness, complete with mobs and such, would be an interesting approach.

Rainbow Sprint.3215

Another place can easily be made into a center of trade, I mean it just takes a few new asura portals, which the asura have to rebuild anyway. Why not Divinity’s reach? Or Hoelbrek? Lion’s arch was rebuilt the first time because the old destroyed city was a hiding place for pirates that made a city there eventually, that’s where the captain’s council came from in the first place.

Though speaking of that, where was that whole “Ship capable of defending lion’s arch” thing?

Posted by: Lasica.5068

Lasica.5068

I think it would be very unlikely that Lion’s Arch will be abandoned mainly due to it’s location and it’s function as a trading centre. You can already see people returning even though it’s still not safe and over time they will need someone to stay so they’ll build houses and others will come back as well. It will take time, but the city will be rebuilt, just not in the short term.

Why make sense, when it’s so much more fun to make nonsense?

Posted by: Xyvol.1265

Xyvol.1265

“From ruin we prosper.” – Lion’s Arch motto.

I believe Lion’s Arch will rebuild. It may take time, but the free city of Lion’s Arch will rise again.

It would be nice to participate it the process somehow, though I’m not sure what the best way to go about it would be. I’m not sold on the idea of gathering materials (the Liongaurd conscripts all your iron ore) or donating money again. Trade was mentioned by one of the captains as essential to help the city rebuild, maybe some missions and events along those lines?
I think the rebuild needs to be done with sturdier buildings. One stray match and all those pirate ships go up in flames. We have Breachmaker steel and Nightmare Tower wood to draw upon, lets have some new architecture for a new Lion’s Arch.

And next time someone threatens your city, take it seriously!

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

I want giant cannons.

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

I want to raise the old fountain from the bay, and make that the new fountain. Lets do away with that broken lion statue. It’s scrap metal. Lets make Lion’s Arch back into what it was. The old fountain is still down there. Lets lift it from its watery grave, and make Lion’s Arch back into what it used to be.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

As said in another thread – Guild Halls into LA. Open world. None of that instanced stuff all these other games are doing with their housing (except EQNL).

One – Piken Square

Posted by: mjhungness.8059

mjhungness.8059

So this is purely without consideration of game mechanics, just a ‘wake up on Christmas morning with what I was hoping for under the tree’ thing. It would be cool for the city’s planners to propose a blueprint for the ‘new city’, with a number of new buildings with new functions (guild halls, personal homes and neighborhoods) as well as the old functions (bank, TP, crafting). And then give the players quests to help with the construction of each building. The amount of player resources spent would drive the speed in which the building was built, and which ones get built first. It would be interesting to see what the player base wants to get up first.

Posted by: Ashabhi.1365

Ashabhi.1365

LA will be rebuilt. It’s far too important not to be.

I think the new portals are going to be the ones they were “fixing” in Coriolis Plaza, seeing as the old ones are just simply gone.

I also think (hope) that the people will realize that shipwrecks and flotsam do not make a strong city and that they start to build a “real” city with stone buildings and fortifications to prevent something like this from happening again.

I also think raising the old LA fountain from the bay is a good idea. Better than the lion statue.

But, the one thing I hope for more than anything else is that they take their time with it. I don’t want to get a patch one morning and find a whole new, shiny LA. I don’t care if it takes a year to do it.

In the meantime, people are resilient. They will set up tents, or make temporary buildings in order to do their business. I think the TP and the bank will show up soon. I do think that the crafting stations may take a bit more time.

TL;DR:
Of course they’re going to rebuild. I just hope they take their time with it and do it right.

Level 80 Elementalist

Rainbow Sprint.3215

TL;DR:
Of course they’re going to rebuild. I just hope they take their time with it and do it right.

THe lion’s statue was destroyed in the first halloween update, they fixed it over the next few patches in steps. Just thought you might like to know they’ve already done something like that.

Posted by: Ashabhi.1365

Ashabhi.1365

TL;DR:

THe lion’s statue was destroyed in the first halloween update, they fixed it over the next few patches in steps. Just thought you might like to know they’ve already done something like that.

I know they did. With each update, they did a bit more. I like that they didn’t just wave their magic wand and a new statue showed up.

I want to see them take their time with LA just like they did with the statue…just sayin’

Level 80 Elementalist

Posted by: Naevius.3185

Naevius.3185

Firstly, Lion’s Arch needs to be re-built in some fashion.
Otherwise:
1] Much of the personal story makes no sense.
2] The LionGuard (which is present on multiple maps) makes no sense.
3] The most central map is not a hub.
4] There is no hub that is not associated with one of the races.

So it it should be re-built – slowly, and different, but re-built. I’d like to see the architectural styles of all the races combined, plus some pieces of Scarlet debris.

Posted by: Boneheart.3561

Boneheart.3561

So this is purely without consideration of game mechanics, just a ‘wake up on Christmas morning with what I was hoping for under the tree’ thing. It would be cool for the city’s planners to propose a blueprint for the ‘new city’, with a number of new buildings with new functions (guild halls, personal homes and neighborhoods) as well as the old functions (bank, TP, crafting). And then give the players quests

Ah ah ah, we don’t use the ‘q’-word here.

Boneheart.3561

Firstly, Lion’s Arch needs to be re-built in some fashion.
Otherwise:
1] Much of the personal story makes no sense.
2] The LionGuard (which is present on multiple maps) makes no sense.
3] The most central map is not a hub.
4] There is no hub that is not associated with one of the races.

So it it should be re-built – slowly, and different, but re-built. I’d like to see the architectural styles of all the races combined, plus some pieces of Scarlet debris.

The Personal Story takes place before the Living Story. Your other points aren’t well worded to make sense to me.

Posted by: Icealen.3802

Icealen.3802

I really think a “rebuilding” LS update where all characters could help rebuild a portion of LA (either in collecting and turning materials into NPCs, assisting NPCs in tasks they need done, etc.) would be exceptional and well received by all players.

I know I’d certainly appreciate giving a helping hand where needed and after the two-week update was finished, I sure would feel good knowing I had a hand in rebuilding THE grand city.

Anet has a huge opportunity here to make the community feel good about being part of the rebuilding process.

I can’t wait to see what lies down the road. I know it’s going to be good.

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

A living world also implies mimicking what we know about how humans do things. Seeing as how LA is primarily a human location.

What do humans do after their town is demolished by a flood, hurricane, or tornado. Even after the tenth time?

Rebuild.

In the same place.

The idea that the populace would just abandon LA is preposterous and unbelievable IMO. Having a long term rebuilding process in place, with certain areas being focused on to be returned to usefulness, although preferably not to an identical state as before, would make sense and be interesting to observe along the way.

It’s not like the terrain of LA is uninhabitable, it’s just a mess. So, perhaps a rebuilding of key areas, and (at least for the foreseeable future) a wave of the hand to other areas leaving them to become wilderness, complete with mobs and such, would be an interesting approach.

Couldn’t say this better. +10

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Boneheart.3561

Rebuild.

In the same place.

Couldn’t say this better. +10

You’ve never seen the ‘humans are scary to aliens’ screenshot, or heard about the rebuilding of the Lion?

HellsPriest.6745

This topic has gotten a bit confused. I think 95%+ here agree that LA will be rebuilt in some form….hopefully. The idea and fun of this post is…. how, what, etc.?

What new things should be brought into Lions Arch since we now have an open slate? Should we build it stronger? Should the community play in part of the actual rebuilding of the city with meta events, etc.? Do you think LA should just go 100% back to what it was? LET YOUR IMAGINATION GO WILD!

Posted by: Tonic.9301

Tonic.9301

Just to throw some Game of Thrones style historical realism in here, I don’t think LA should return to its former glory. The infrastructure is wrecked, the wealth is looted (or it should be, aetherblades are pirates after all), and it’s clearly no longer a safe city. Who would want to live there? Who would want to trade there? For historical reference, Constantinople had about 400,00 people before it got sacked in the fourth crusade. Afterwards it had 30-50,000 and didn’t recover for at least 200 years.

The surviving refugees will want to find somewhere to live. Gendaran Fields is the best choice; its closeby and prime for agriculture. Some, particularly norn and charr, could go to Southsun. Then the Consortium will have to deal with “squatters”, but I imagine they’re probably close to going out of business anyway. I think it would be cool to see some actual towns built there. The refugees could also risk settling the coast or Orr, if that’s all going well. Finally, it might be cool if they settle around the Lionguard havens, which might go independent if they don’t get paid. These could become the centers of new towns or small feudal demesnes.

What happens to LA? The captains council will go back; they want to regain their power by rebuilding the city. But all the infrastructure needs to be fixed and the harbor needs to be dredged to make the city usable again and captains might not be able to cover the cost. Some Lionguard will stay but others will leave, especially if they don’t get paid. Evon might try to sneak onto the council during this time as well.

The Vigil probably doesn’t want to remain a refugee camp for long. They probably don’t want civilians hanging out there so the city gates should be moved. I think the dungeon vendors could stay; it would be cool if Vigil Keep became a staging ground for adventurers.

LA should get the things that can’t really be moved (or at least I don’t think make sense to have been moved): The pvp gates, fractals gate, southsun gate, and mystic forge. The bank and TP should be there to facilitate use of the forge. Lionguard cultural vendors would move back as well.

What about the city gates? Perhaps they could become a chain: Rata Sum → Grove → DR→ Hoelbrak →Black Citadel. After all, who wants to link their city to such an insecure one as LA? Also, it prevents having a central hub for people to hang out at so they can spread out into cities instead.

Posted by: Fritz.3967

Fritz.3967

Giant airship port needs to be built. Has to be done considering all the airships being used in Tyria today. Would also open new trade opportunities for the Lionguard

Posted by: Fafnir.5124

Fafnir.5124

A new LA could be guild in Ore after the pack final clears it. Also is Zitain dead? I don’t think Anet ever commented on this and LS was always set up to be ambiguous of the situation.

Posted by: sampsonkennedy.3051

sampsonkennedy.3051

I’d love it if they got rid of the ramshackle made-from-pirateships look in favour of sturdier or more sensible building materials, e.g built like Fort Trinity, with all the main races contributing together to recreate the shared city.

I’d also like for the players to have a significant part in the process, both in game and out. In game wise I’d like to have something similar to how the tower of nightmares was done, with a long term meta-event, but with the city rebuilding as the event progresses (say every 5% something is built slightly more) as well as a generally more practical city.

finally I want Anet to make the personal story officially the characters memories or something, at least attempt to explain why the personal story and the real world or so different and allow them to make lasting and significant changes to the world (like admitting Zhaitan is dead and cleansing Orr)

Posted by: Tom.8029

Tom.8029

Oooo. I have good idea. For the upcoming Living story updates, they should have the main story (whatever is going on at the time) as well as a variety of events in LA related to rebuilding the city. As events in LA progress, progress from those events is illustrated on a progress bar, much like the anti toxin injection in the Tower of Nightmares. When the bar fills up, a certain building/region in LA becomes fixed (Looks more rebuilt as the bar fills, too, until completely full). This would happen during each living story update. A new section becomes available to to rebuilt each time until we finally reach the final one. It would be like a mini living story update in conjunction with the main event.

Events could include, gathering materials, clearing rubble, etc.

Primordial Dragons [Drgn]
Fort Aspenwood Elementalist

Posted by: Yalora Istairiea.6287

Yalora Istairiea.6287

As said in another thread – Guild Halls into LA. Open world. None of that instanced stuff all these other games are doing with their housing (except EQNL).

I originally posted this last month for an April 1st release but I would be happy if they do something like this very soon with the Guild changes they talked about.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Wish-List-Lion-s-Arch-A-Phoenix-Reborn/first#post3629795

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

Maybe we could have players choose how Lion’s Arch is rebuilt (sort of). Say a business owner wants to open a shop in one of the destroyed buildings. He/She stand in the plaza collecting donations. Once he reaches the goal, he leaves the plaza and at the end of the time period his store is open. Donations could also be made to the city directly which will result in roads be repaired, rubble being cleared, etc. There could be new shops, like a cooking building you go into that sells a lot of different cooking supplies for karma, or a big forge building with lots of crafting stations for things like Weaponsmithing and Armorsmithing, there could be a dueling arena where players place bets on which NPC will win, maybe a shop that sells a limited amount of hard to get account bound at high prices (IE Obsidian Shards at 2x the normal karma cost, Bloodstone dust, Dragonite ore, Empyreal Shards for 10 silver a piece, etc. with a maximum per day with the item varying by the day).

Posted by: Seth.1308

Seth.1308

I’m assuming that Scarlet didn’t just pick any old place for the drill to land…. and it seems to me that a deep hole in the ground that happens to coincide with magical laylines would have something interesting under it…

At the very least, a new dungeon. Pie in the sky wish? An entrance into a massive Tyrian underground network of abandoned Asura/Dwarven tunnels and caverns.

Posted by: Seabreeze.8437

Seabreeze.8437

Whatever happens, Lion’s Arch should be rebuilt. The city itself is supposed to be a testament to the resiliency of the human spirit and the unity of the five main races of Tyria (hopefully six if/when the Tengu come into play). Plus, as the center of trade, both on land and sea, it’s practically the beating heart of all Tyria.

Scarlett may have brought Lion’s Arch down, but we should see that it rises again from the ashes, better than ever!

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

Guild halls.

Guild halls.

Guild halls.

And not player housing…I want my main to live in Divinity’s Reach.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

Posted by: lakdav.3694

lakdav.3694

The Captains Council tries to rebuild it the way it was before. People however dont trust them anymore. Lionguard are standing guard at every salvageable part of the destroyed LA now, to keep looters away. Incidently they prevent the folks from trying to get whatever little they have left in the ruins. With Evon striking the iron while its hot, discontent is rising against the inefficient and failed Council.

All the while, the Pact now clearly interested in Scarlet and her machinations, sets up a camp to examine the wreckage of the Breachmaker as well as the after-effects of it reaching the ley-lines. The camp slowly turns into a reinforced base. The Captains Council doesnt have the manpower or political position to even consider forcing the Pact out.

Fearing further tempering might incite even more unknown dragons, or that the opened ley-lines might draw the attention of the magic-eating dragons, the site of the Breach is heavily reinforced, becoming a second line of defense after Claw Island, more on par with Fort Trinity. Citizens of the old Lions Arch might seek to assist the Pact there with trade and a direct income of crops.

Gendarran Fields turn into a heavily agricultural area. The Pact and the Captains Council strike a deal to clear out the pirates from the vicinity of Applenook Haven. Their forces remain isolated from the human-centaur conflict, though the Ascalon Settlement and Nebo Terrace provide additional aid in the shape of trade and opportunity-seeking specialists helping the transition. Soon enough, the seraph gets involved, and in comes the political pull of Quenn Jennah of Kryta against the weak and unreliable Captains Council.

With the Charr-Human treaty, Kryta and humanity grows strong enough to lend sufficient aid, and their influence grows even without official claim to the land. However, diplomatic relations mostly ignore the Captains, and deal with the Pact, and Evon Gnashblade as the head of the major body of trade and commerce. The Lionguard becomes a mostly krytan military force again with the same function, just no longer answering to the Captains. the Havens are kept up by the aid of humanity as well as the Orders.

The Breach Stronghold attracts more opportunists, and a new Lions Arch is born around its walls. With the Pact actively stationed there, the diversity of races is kept intact in the area.

Posted by: Psygo.5976

Psygo.5976

I say we rebuild it in the same spot. Much like what WoW did with it’s cities in Cata. Each area should be a strong reflection of each races culture. If it’s to be a melting pot then I think the design should start to show it. Should also leave some piece of the drill (preferably the one in the water) to show the damage that was done. Even some areas to be build around wreckage.

Plus, a story involving the Consortium for the rebuilding of LA should also happen. They would get a foothold in the city and gain very much needed PR.

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

make a huge dam, suck all the water out and recover old LA.
then make a haven where the lighthouse was ad make storage houses there, make a big market place where the LA center was and you have a central trading community within the game.
and please don’t make the market as empty as DR:
http://img8.mmo.mmo4arab.com/news/2012/03/21/gw2/gw1.jpg
make it bloom and act as if the market is overflowing with ppl shopping, even if most of them are NPC’s:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/3/35/Rata_Sum_loading_screen.jpg

Posted by: CETheLucid.3964

CETheLucid.3964

Make LA 10 times cooler. Add more cow bell.

Since Evon Gnashblade’s been pretty much entrenched into the city’s defense and rebuilding process, maybe make him “own” that roll.

This silly human had me conscripted, fine, I’ll make this place my own. The BLTP kinda puts more money into really making the place really awesome.

Because secretly, Gnashblade really likes the place and even though it wasn’t his first idea to deal with the problem, he’s developed a soft spot for LA.

He doesn’t really resent Kiel’s actions that much.

Despite what he may have thought intitally, Evon and Kiel were on the same page regarding LA. They both warned the council.

They can both continue to act tsundere about the whole situation though.

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

My vision of LA rebuilt would have not only Claw (Clawwrrrr) Island rebuilt, but also a station for airships.
Multiple ‘air trenches’, strips of land suspended by energy crystals, would hold guns of various types and sizes. These would make interesting dive points and jump puzzles.

The three Order facilities, the bank, and the trade shop would have backup locations underground and protected by huge doors.

Keep part of the drill nearby the obelisk on the beach.
Engrave on the side the names of the dead and the heroes along with a simple line: “Never again. We still exist.”

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

Posted by: M Steel.2574

M Steel.2574

Keep part of the drill nearby the obelisk on the beach.
Engrave on the side the names of the dead and the heroes along with a simple line: “Never again. We still exist.”

I really like the idea of keeping some of the wreckage from the drill and turning it into a memorial for those who died in the Battle of Lion’s Arch, possibly with candles or personal mementos scattered at the bottom from survivors, and the occasional mourning NPC who tells travelers about the Battle of Lion’s Arch.

Here are a few things I wouldn’t mind seeing added:

• I like the idea of Lion’s Arch becoming a hub where airships are built. Perhaps they could add a shipyard for airships and a new branch of the Lionguard dedicated to aerial defense.
  • An underwater laboratory dedicated to studying the magical ley lines that Scarlet unearthed. I have trouble believing the Priory or the asura won’t want to check them out. And, if I recall correctly, the charr have already developed submarine technology.
  • Open up the tengu wall and make the tengu a playable race. With the emergence of a new Elder Dragon and the destruction of Lion’s Arch, perhaps the tengu will help rebuild. It seems unlikely since they retreated behind their wall and attacked anything that came near it during the battle, but it could happen.
  • Cannons and/or mega lazers to protect against invasion by air or sea. Trebuchets are a thing of the past.
  • Or Maeva can use her knowledge of defense tech to build a giant force field around Lion’s Arch like she did around her home during the attack.
  • Leveling a city also presents the opportunity to build new housing such as guild halls or player housing.
  • Build-o-Tron?

Posted by: nopoet.2960

nopoet.2960

Am I the only one that want LA to be a dungeon? You know since there is a dragon under it?

M Steel.2574

I don’t see why they couldn’t do both (i.e. rebuild Lions Arch as a central hub, but also introduce a new dungeon accessible from Lion’s Arch such as exploring the ruins beneath Lion’s Arch, etc.)

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

i just want enriched content, to be quite honest
i’m sorry for all the fictional characters who lost their home to some maniacal plant who severely lacked depth, but i’m glad it’s gone
rebuild lion’s arch?
build something better
it wasn’t the central hub of tyria, it was the focal point of all things uninteresting
kick the sailors out, take off the training wheels, and start building the civilization/storyline tyria deserves

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

Posted by: Soulstar.7812

Soulstar.7812

Lion’s Arch blew up?

Oh look at that, just as useful as it was before.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Posted by: Louveepine.7630

Louveepine.7630

Rebuild on the past.

You’ll understand, I want to share with you a dream about the Arck reconstruction. And it’s extension step by step to other cities. I don’t want to be the only one to dream, and I think to submit my dream on the official forum.

To me, the Ark didn’t show well the cultural medley of all races. Then, Scarlet arrived. Since the ruines give me the ideal of a cosmopolitan city.

I imagined the inhabitants come back, scare the looters and reclaim their homeland.
I seen the Sylvaris share their love of nature and grow huge and colorful plants under the remainings archs, old mix with new, resculpting the “world”. Lamps half plant, half Asuran crystal illuminating the new streets with a soft blue shade.

I seen, drawn in my head, Human based buildings made of wood and stone, Norns girder protecting a merchant hall. The ground covered with Charrs gears, bridges made of gears with energetic fields filling the holes. I seen a plant bridge welcoming new Pact zeppelins. The houses, rebuilded, now bearing a luxuriant architecture, strange and beautiful.

I seen the Scarlet’s drill metal carved and used to make new shops offering Lion guard armor and pirates armor.
I imagined a new “leafy cathedral” as base for an auction house with new windows made ??of energy. I imagined a new shipyard behind the lighthouse, I could already see a new place where the old portal standed, protected in the middle of the rocks.
The Aetherblade fence disappear for a plant and Asuran entrance. Narrow passages in places being dug to accommodate black markets countertops offering strange products. Strange oceanic races comed to propose algas and seafood, foreshadowing the future submarine.
I imagined the Captain’s Council to manage the repairs. New city, more daring, more alive is what is in my dream.

Imagine these streets illuminated by a delicate blue shade, bright colors, buildings back and open to players. To clean water, and seek to create a protection on the disrupted ley line, the Pact style, the Quaggan back and expanding the village. Old farmhouses be assisted by sylvari to bring food, new caves with a new type of lion’s guard fortress, with sculptures and charr and asuran creations. The actual merging of cultures.

Corvan statue recreated, passages in the mountains near the tengu, operated by new watchtowers and a new lighthouse.
An hospital near the waterfall with the new model, held by Asuras and Charrs with Human secretaries, priests. Two floors, stone carved and vegetal, with a memorial slab.
Welcoming the strange new breeds and old taverns, making the ark even more mysterious and fantastic time.
I guess the new lion statue, surrounded by heroes of each people, standing proudly back on the main square, and sewers, a supernatural black market or traffic and the threat reign.

The Lion’s Arch? Die? Why should it be?

# Asura because I’m worth it!

M Steel.2574

I like the idea of recreating Lion’s Arch with bits and pieces from all the major races of Tyria. It never really felt like an integrated city to me before Scarlet. The architecture felt human, even though a lot of other races lived there.

Talking to some of the survivors after the attack though, it seems like there is more animosity and mistrust towards the sylvari because of what Scarlet did. It will be interesting to see if that has an impact on future stories.

Posted by: GamingGeek.4516

GamingGeek.4516

Rebuild on the past.

You’ll understand, I want to share with you a dream about the Arck reconstruction. And it’s extension step by step to other cities. I don’t want to be the only one to dream, and I think to submit my dream on the official forum.

To me, the Ark didn’t show well the cultural medley of all races. Then, Scarlet arrived. Since the ruines give me the ideal of a cosmopolitan city.

I imagined the inhabitants come back, scare the looters and reclaim their homeland.
I seen the Sylvaris share their love of nature and grow huge and colorful plants under the remainings archs, old mix with new, resculpting the “world”. Lamps half plant, half Asuran crystal illuminating the new streets with a soft blue shade.

I seen, drawn in my head, Human based buildings made of wood and stone, Norns girder protecting a merchant hall. The ground covered with Charrs gears, bridges made of gears with energetic fields filling the holes. I seen a plant bridge welcoming new Pact zeppelins. The houses, rebuilded, now bearing a luxuriant architecture, strange and beautiful.

I seen the Scarlet’s drill metal carved and used to make new shops offering Lion guard armor and pirates armor.
I imagined a new “leafy cathedral” as base for an auction house with new windows made ??of energy. I imagined a new shipyard behind the lighthouse, I could already see a new place where the old portal standed, protected in the middle of the rocks.
The Aetherblade fence disappear for a plant and Asuran entrance. Narrow passages in places being dug to accommodate black markets countertops offering strange products. Strange oceanic races comed to propose algas and seafood, foreshadowing the future submarine.
I imagined the Captain’s Council to manage the repairs. New city, more daring, more alive is what is in my dream.

Imagine these streets illuminated by a delicate blue shade, bright colors, buildings back and open to players. To clean water, and seek to create a protection on the disrupted ley line, the Pact style, the Quaggan back and expanding the village. Old farmhouses be assisted by sylvari to bring food, new caves with a new type of lion’s guard fortress, with sculptures and charr and asuran creations. The actual merging of cultures.

Corvan statue recreated, passages in the mountains near the tengu, operated by new watchtowers and a new lighthouse.
An hospital near the waterfall with the new model, held by Asuras and Charrs with Human secretaries, priests. Two floors, stone carved and vegetal, with a memorial slab.
Welcoming the strange new breeds and old taverns, making the ark even more mysterious and fantastic time.
I guess the new lion statue, surrounded by heroes of each people, standing proudly back on the main square, and sewers, a supernatural black market or traffic and the threat reign.

The Lion’s Arch? Die? Why should it be?

Love this idea, along with other players’ ideas of including player housing or guild halls, and players rebuilding part of the new LA.

(:) Double smiley face.

HellsPriest.6745

Not being a jerk when I say this, but this has a ton of great idea… and I bet the staff has yet to read it. I would laugh if Lions Arch comes out nothing like any of these ideas.

Posted by: Gaviston Hawkington.9647

Gaviston Hawkington.9647

While the races unified to defeat Scarlet and her allies they are now fractured and combative as they argue over the rebuilding of Lions Arch and political control of the strategically located city.

The discourse has turned hostile and violent as Charr, Human, Asura, Sylvari and Norn fight to control Lions Arch. Every race has established a foothold and fortifications among the ruins and entrenches for a an epic battle that will determine control and the future of Lions Arch.

Posted by: Stephanus.9481

Stephanus.9481

I would like to see a “Forbidden to group in front of bank” sign.
and I would like a reminder of things that happened to LA, a new statue imo.

Posted by: Iarkrad.8415

Iarkrad.8415

Methinks the remains of the Breechmaker should get repurposed into an airship tower… Which gives lead to personal and guild airships!

No more non cosmetic world event rewards. We haven’t forgotten the Ancient Karka.

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

the players should vote on a new animal
sea-lion’s arch?

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

Posted by: Romago.1974

Romago.1974

I thinking we should have something like the tower of nightmares style. Where people would do a giant ongoing event to slightly raise a bar into full rebuilding of Lions Arch. These quests could range from eliminating rats, transporting lumber, or to eliminate the dredge from overtaking the construction project. ect.

Posted by: Fiontar.4695

Fiontar.4695

Most old cities in the real world have been built and rebuilt on top of the old dozens of times. A trade hub doesn’t die unless there is no more need for the exchange of goods that were traded there.

Season two better open with the return of commerce to LA and the start of rebuilding, or Living World is going to feel even more like Dead World. The devs broke it, now they need to fix it!