LIONS ARCH: You choose the future!

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: Baldavier.4132

Baldavier.4132

It should become a new lvl 80 zone where all creatures that the dragons have lost influence over rally to because the ley line makes them think the dragon is calling to them or something … so we have a load of different mobs that you find through current day tyria, maybe lvl 85 or something (again due to ley line) and not necessarily improved loot but condensed loot at a cost (difficulty).
There should be events to help remove the threats, and then events to rebuild things by bringing materials from other zones’ events in tyria (like from risen priest, grenth priest, jormag and tequatl)

Posted by: Falkor.7932

Falkor.7932

The Zephyrites come though on their trade agreement and LA and help rebuild LA. Now we look down on the ruins of LA from our flying bamboo city, over the ruins of LA sunken in the bay.

But really I do think the Zephyrites will have some impact on the reconstruction.

“One time! I slightly blew some of us up one time, and you won’t let it go.”
- Explorer Bekk

Posted by: Getefix.9150

Getefix.9150

The Zephyrites come though on their trade agreement and LA and help rebuild LA. Now we look down on the ruins of LA from our flying bamboo city, over the ruins of LA sunken in the bay.

But really I do think the Zephyrites will have some impact on the reconstruction.

+1 on this – plus its not that long until they return, what 2/3 months? as for what i’d like to see/i would plan into the city – towers with anti aircraft pact cannons as well as several airships flying overhead – claw island defends from sea, vigil keep defends from land, lions arch itself defends from air

as for the airships – why not airship docks? it’d be quicker and safer to trade by air than by sea or land

also the drill left behind lots of material – the charr could use this metal to build a charr section of town – la could be rebuilt with the areas dedicated to the races, maybe a mixture of types of buildings, norn, asura, human, charr and sylvari all mixed around together – it’d make for a more multicultural city

“Nothing is true, Everything is permitted”

Kiel Replacement Movement

Posted by: Essarious Quw.8946

Essarious Quw.8946

I hope they explain where the trade route actually is that supplies the city. Since they plunked Southsun right in the middle of the main trade routes it hasn’t made sense to me for a while. How do the ships get in/out at all?

Aside from guildhalls, I’d like to see an integrated Lions Arch, with architecture representing all of the races but with a uniquely LA twist. Like how the skritt paint the things they take and make them look skrittish, the buildings in LA could be painted with bright blues and golds in similar schemes to the old wooden city. So reguardless of who built it, humans, charr, asura or norn, it could have a unified colour scheme and tie in that way.

I’m not sure if the Sylvari would stay in as great a number as they were before, after witnessing such devastation I anticipate many of them will want to return to the grove for much needed R and R and not want to return.

Posted by: Rangtsulfatu.8042

Rangtsulfatu.8042

I kinda like to see the ruin change into a new city slowly. With each update have some rubble removed, some new walls go up, some bridges fixed, maybe a few people move back in, but not become a full city like the old LA until a big expansion comes up. That way the new LA could make use of new stuff that comes with the expansion (guild halls?, gates to a new continent?,…?)

Also, it would make sense to have multiple building styles. The first LA was Krytan build, with human style buildings. No other races were living there anyway. After it’s destruction, pirates took over and rebuild it in a pirate style along with some old buildings that weren’t destroyed. Since, it has, as we all know, become the capital of tyria, with at least 10 races calling it there permanent home (all playable and minor races could be found there, 3 more races were visiting) so it would make sense for all of them to have a stake in rebuilding it. Alongside, of course, the remaining buildings from LA1 (Fort Mariner,…) and LA2

Posted by: ReSpect.7125

ReSpect.7125

First, I would want LA rebuilt. But as many other says it shall take time, several months mbe.
I would want to see that players help in rebuilding it by events. Not only in LA. Kinda like have get materials to a NPC somewhere in Tyria. Steal metal from the dredges, attack a pirate camp for some cloth, shop wood in different forests all over Tyria. Then either esvort them to LA or build asuragates close to gathering spots. The is some quarrys here and thete. Then workers is needed. You have to recruit them from different places depending on what buildings should be built. Like asuras if build a laser defence tower. Norn and charr when musclepower is needed and so on. When the required material and worker is gathered an event starts at the building spot. Depending on building the bar is filled with 1, 5, 10, 25 or 50% each time. Then you need more material and recruit the workers agaon. Also therr is one suåply camp and you have to take the required material needed to the workers.

All about this with guild halls and personal houses, it would be possible not only in LA but in Rata sum, DR, the Grove, Hoelbrak and Black citadel too.

Zandra Zvift lvl 80 human elementalist
Good luck and may the six watch over you

Posted by: The Pied Piper.9827

The Pied Piper.9827

Everyone goes to WvW and takes supplies, then they have to take the Asura gate back to LA and build.

jk

Dont take supplies from the keep!

(edited by The Pied Piper.9827)

Posted by: Shanna.4762

Shanna.4762

Reabsorbed into the Kingdom of Kryta, captain’s council abolished because they’re failures and that system of government is basically set up for failure as it would be all too easily bent to bias, then rebuilt as a multi-racial hub under the joint observation and guidance of Queen Jennah & Captain Kiel who is made the immediate political leader under or next to the Queen for Lions Arch and it’s immediately surrounding region. Connect it more to the rest of the region. Considering it’s in an otherwise Krytan region except for the city itself this makes the most sense.

(edited by Shanna.4762)

Posted by: Bathos.6341

Bathos.6341

You can’t have Lion’s Arch as a free city if it’s under the control of one of the major powers. I think the captain’s council really needs reforming, for starters Put Evon Gnashblade on it. Kiel may be kind hearted, but she’s an IDIOT.
Rebuild in a new style. Lion’s arch was made from the hulks of ships washed up by the rise of Orr. There are no new wrecked ships to use for spare parts now, so we’ll need to make the buildings from something else this time. The pact know Lion’s arch is a prime target for the dragons now, give them a bigger presence. Add in pact anti-air cannons to repel dragons and/or Aetherblade airships. How about docking the Spirit of Tyria (the big airship from the final Zhaitan battle) over the city? It’s got to be repaired somewhere and it still has enough guns to help defend the city while it’s being fixed.

Posted by: medusa.3091

medusa.3091

Please give us Lion’s Arch back. Pretty please with a cherry on top.

Norn Ranger Tamarn

Posted by: Kalavier.1097

Kalavier.1097

You can’t have Lion’s Arch as a free city if it’s under the control of one of the major powers. I think the captain’s council really needs reforming, for starters Put Evon Gnashblade on it. Kiel may be kind hearted, but she’s an IDIOT.
Rebuild in a new style. Lion’s arch was made from the hulks of ships washed up by the rise of Orr. There are no new wrecked ships to use for spare parts now, so we’ll need to make the buildings from something else this time. The pact know Lion’s arch is a prime target for the dragons now, give them a bigger presence. Add in pact anti-air cannons to repel dragons and/or Aetherblade airships. How about docking the Spirit of Tyria (the big airship from the final Zhaitan battle) over the city? It’s got to be repaired somewhere and it still has enough guns to help defend the city while it’s being fixed.

A: Gnashblade only cares for himself and his power/money, and nobody else. See escape from LA where he openly stranded civilians to get his merchandise through. Kiel actually cares for the city.
B: It was under threat from Risen (Now mostly a reduce threat as Claw Island shields LA from any attacks from the remaining Risen… which is unlikely). Aetherblades have disappeared, and it’s unlikely for them to attack a major city without serious cause (Aka, Scarlet). Easier to raid transports or caravans then to conquer a city for lotting.

Posted by: BlindedPeace.8736

BlindedPeace.8736

Honestly, I’m a huge fan of having players help with the rebuilding efforts. Whether it’s just collecting materials, or even doing the manual labor, I believe that is a bare minimum. A couple neat ideas about the reconstruction:

• Have a few meta-events to collect resources, donate money, or actually perform manual labor.
  • Have deposit stations in each racial capital, and have Lion’s Arch stylized based off the percentages of which race contributed the most.
  • Guild housing. I know it’s been said, but a -lot- of land just opened up in Lion’s Arch.
  • And if housing isn’t the best way, maybe make guild Airships. After LA just got essentially nuked by airships, the Lionguard would have to be a special kind of stupid to not make an Air Force afterwards— why not make it the guild of Scarlet’s killer?

Anyway, that’s just a few of the ideas I had. I’m really looking forward to where the LS goes from here.

Reyson Aedric, Engineer
“Sure, if by “diplomacy” you mean “pry-bar-to-faces.”

Posted by: Kalavier.1097

Kalavier.1097

I dislike the “More styled off the one which gets the most deposits” because (to me) that means we’ll just get people dumpinig it in whichever is easier, or complaining when “Their choice” didn’t go through despite seeing lots of resources put it.

The problem with having guild airships for the reaosn you suggest is simply the fact of “adventurer” None in the ‘guild’ of Braham and crew know how to fly an airship, and they’ll want to explore most likely… not be stuck around LA 100% of the time in an airship guarding the place.

Posted by: I Love Root Beer.1872

I Love Root Beer.1872

So this is purely without consideration of game mechanics, just a ‘wake up on Christmas morning with what I was hoping for under the tree’ thing. It would be cool for the city’s planners to propose a blueprint for the ‘new city’, with a number of new buildings with new functions (guild halls, personal homes and neighborhoods) as well as the old functions (bank, TP, crafting). And then give the players quests to help with the construction of each building. The amount of player resources spent would drive the speed in which the building was built, and which ones get built first. It would be interesting to see what the player base wants to get up first.

I’ll admit, this sounds like it’s very likely to happen. They did say that it’s possible that personal homes are a possibility. Seeing as they have different races to cater to in this category, Lion’s Arch is kind of the America of Tyria in the sense that it’s a melting pot, so less work making different styled houses for every race of the game in every main city. It’s possible, I’d be all for it, maybe a place to store achievements and stuff. Who knows?

whoop d` friggin do.

(edited by I Love Root Beer.1872)