Personal Story in LA

Personal Story in LA

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: Eleri Tezhme.3048

Eleri Tezhme.3048

I decided since I was done rescuing citizens(1) that I’d run one of my lower characters through their personal story.

And then I got to the Destiny’s Edge and Order meetings in Lion’s Arch.

I couldn’t help busting up laughing. There we are, in the middle of fire and destruction… and there’s the kids playing, and the Ogden’s Hammer guy talking with another Norn, and other citizens just standing around talking. It was just so silly looking.

I know there would have been all sorts of technical wonkyness to try and move those scenes to somewhere else, but wow.

(1) I think there was a serious lost opprotunity here, to have Sub-director Blingg calling out “CITIZENS! We must rescue the CITIZENS!”

Personal Story in LA

Posted by: KerryTT.4792

KerryTT.4792

Due to strange timing, I ended up running 5 characters into ruins of Lion’s Arch for their story lines. (One character at level 80, rest under 40). The best instance had to be the “apple salesman”, calmly selling apples in the ruins.

Personal Story in LA

Posted by: Erithus.1649

Erithus.1649

I tried to do the personal story for the Order of Whispers on one of my alts. It was indeed fun to see everything happening in the destroyed LA, but the mission “Reconnaissance” cannot be completed…

Erythia Mesmer of Unity [UNTY] Aurora Glade

Personal Story in LA

Posted by: Autumn Frazee.3158

Autumn Frazee.3158

Living World QA Embed

Hi Erithus, Reconnaissance can be completed, you just need to visit two unmarked locations:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Can-t-complete-Reconnaissance-story-mission/first#post3682722

We should have those two spots fixed with markers in today’s build, but just in case they aren’t this forum post lets you know where they are.

Personal Story in LA

Posted by: synk.6907

synk.6907

I decided since I was done rescuing citizens(1) that I’d run one of my lower characters through their personal story.

And then I got to the Destiny’s Edge and Order meetings in Lion’s Arch.

I couldn’t help busting up laughing. There we are, in the middle of fire and destruction... and there’s the kids playing, and the Ogden’s Hammer guy talking with another Norn, and other citizens just standing around talking. It was just so *silly* looking.

I was honestly a bit shocked that it was just the ruined LA instance, myself. It was almost as unfortunate as the choice to do 2-person story drama cutscenes instead of just having them in the game world.

As far as the living world and all that goes, I think it’s really cool that you have to sneak into LA and that non personal-story content is reliant on fighting to open the entrances and heading in to save folks.

But the personal story, which takes place before any of this happened, shouldn’t be affected. It’s an bad limitation, and I hope that whomever works on this kind of content in the future will do a better job of separating things like this. Something that has occurred in the past, even if a character is currently playing it, shouldn’t reflect present-day Tyria.

edit: My only character still working on PS is past where you mentioned, Eleri, but I can imagine the absurdity of those children pretending to be DE and Caithe’s serious meeting all with the backdrop of a burning, razed Lion’s Arch despite no one seeming to care or notice.

My engineer got to meet with the Orders in order to push for them to form an alliance and re-take Claw Island, all with Scarlet’s giant drill in the background. The city’s in ruins and Scarlet is up to no good, but even though we’re all right here and could do something about it hold on we have to go back in time to fight Blightgast!

Attachments:

(edited by synk.6907)