**Spoiler** What did scarlet do?

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

Whelp, i was just rewaching it. Yep jungle dragon.. what a shame.
Hoped for a real twist here…

Posted by: Uruz Six.6594

Uruz Six.6594

I repeat: Why is Malyck not espousing the joys of Mordremoth when we meet him?

Maybe because the dragon was asleep when you met him. Only time will tell whats happens now.

Caera broke through the Pale Tree’s warning and found Mord himself. Malyck and the people of his tree have no no such protection, even a sleeping Mord would therefore be able to talk to them as easy as he did Scarlet.

Yet, Malyck heard no voices in his head. No people of his tree have popped up shouting ‘Mordremoth!’

The sylvari are not that special, they’re not. The $64,000 question still lies in the sylvari’s origins, the Dream, and the Nightmare. And we are a little closer to those answers today.

Skoryy, sylvari thief: “Act now, figure out ‘with wisdom’ later.”
Nanuchka, norn mesmer: “BOOZEAHOL!”
Tarnished Coast – Still Here, El Guapo!

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

Maybe because the dragon was asleep when you met him. Only time will tell whats happens now.

Caera broke through the Pale Tree’s warning and found Mord himself. Malyck and the people of his tree have no no such protection, even a sleeping Mord would therefore be able to talk to them as easy as he did Scarlet.

Yet, Malyck heard no voices in his head. No people of his tree have popped up shouting ‘Mordremoth!’

The sylvari are not that special, they’re not. The $64,000 question still lies in the sylvari’s origins, the Dream, and the Nightmare. And we are a little closer to those answers today.

Maybe just maybe you needed to break through into the eternal alchemy to feel Mors influence (before he was awake) and the non pale tree Slyvari were just neutral up until the point of him awakening and now they will be susceptible to his influence.

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

Posted by: Grimno.6172

Grimno.6172

What if…

The Sylvari are to Mordremoth as the Undead are to Zhaitan or like the Branded are to Kralkatorrik…

And the Pale Tree… is being used as a sort of… mind-control nulling entity

And that is why the Sylvari are so curious about the world around them…. cause their minds are unlocked and they have their freedom…

But arn’t aware of it… like a dark secret…

Grimno Lvl 80 WR
Lance Delgado Lvl 20 Thief

(edited by Grimno.6172)

Posted by: Abellus.2615

Abellus.2615

Mordremoth.

I just have to wonder how Colin thought this was a “one in a million” prediction.

Yet in another thread where I say this is obvious, players are saying it wasn’t obvious at all and nobody could have seen it coming. To each their own I guess, I saw Mordremoth’s association the moment it was realized that Scarlet was Sylvari…

Posted by: Traveller.7496

Traveller.7496

What if…

The Sylvari are to Mordremoth as the Undead are to Zhaitan…

That theory has been thrown around many times. The best reasoning may be that the Sylvari cannot be corrupted by other dragons – since they are already minions of another Dragon.

Posted by: Grimno.6172

Grimno.6172

What if…

That theory has been thrown around many times. The best reasoning may be that the Sylvari cannot be corrupted by other dragons – since they are already minions of another Dragon.

Hey, have YOU seen an undead sylvari or branded sylvari? :\

Grimno Lvl 80 WR
Lance Delgado Lvl 20 Thief

Posted by: Abellus.2615

Abellus.2615

The Nightmare Tree is corrupted. Probably by a dragon. One that deals with dreams. ‘Cus you know, ’nightmare’. Maybe one that’s pretending to be dead.

Ohhheck I should have spoiler alerted that.

Posted by: Walhalla.5473

Walhalla.5473

What if…

Problem is, other Dragon Minion can be corrupted by another Dragon, Sylvari can’t they just drop off dead if a dragon tries to corrupt them. The question is. Why can Mordremoth have influence over Scarlet, while other dragons can’t. They are not his minions by nature.

There are still enough questions about the Sylvari and the Dream and I think it has to do with the Dream, getting Mordremoth a hole in the Sylvari anti dragon firewall.

Posted by: g e o.2589

g e o.2589

Scarlet found the magical cluster of leylines under LA, she drilled through them and “activated” them. The magic spread around the globe, one of the lines awakened the dragon.

Posted by: Thedenofsin.7340

Thedenofsin.7340

Scarlet found the magical cluster of leylines under LA, she drilled through them and “activated” them. The magic spread around the globe, one of the lines awakened the dragon.

You are missing an “s” at the end of that last sentence.

Posted by: Liraz.8062

Liraz.8062

You are missing an “s” at the end of that last sentence.

Why? There’s no evidence that she woke up more than one dragon. Only one dragon is depicted awakening, and moreover, it’s been clear that there are six elder dragons for quite some time now – look at the Crucible’s setup, or the Arah path with the star observatory. The other five elder dragons were awakened previously to this living story patch.

Firstwatch Irregular Company – RP, Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Ronah.2869

Ronah.2869

If we are not going to see dragons flying all over the tyrian sky, and we will have just another dragon standing still in a map for people to zerg it, the new boss(es) will be the same old thing.

Posted by: Druss.6917

Druss.6917

with the spoiler notes I would have definitely thought it was Primordus. I mean, a huge kitten drill? That’s like getting the Vigil to send out submarines in the waters expecting Bubbles, but end up getting Kralk instead!

Colin I do hope that as we shift our focus to Mordremoth, you’ll consider feeding us some content that deals with his champions first. Hopefully a new metaevent.

The drill is shown to be hitting the magical ley line on the screen, not some dragon. The reason Modremoth was still asleep was he had no need to wake. He had tapped into the lines and was sort of drip-feeding off them. When Scarlet interrupted the major convergence of them, it woke him up cause his drugs were cut off. Now he’s going on a withdrawal-induced rampage to get his world-juice back. I think she really believed she could defeat him after he woke up, which shows how truly nuts she was.

But hey, one plant lady’s schizo is another persons new content lol.

“Come to me and die you stinking whoresons. For I am Druss, and This is Death!”

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

Now I’d hope we get an epic season 2 where we invade new areas, slow and steady. With lots of smaller stories and eventually leading up to the dragon.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

Posted by: TheFool.4589

TheFool.4589

So if this ends up being a underwater dragon, does this mean underwater legendaries will get justice?

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Why do people think its the underwater dragon? The cinematic pretty clearly shows the ley line erupting from Lion’s Arch, towards, under, and then past Rata Sum. Where would that lead? Into the Maguuman jungle, not into the ocean, or at least not the part of the ocean where we know Bubbles to be.

EDIT: Just watched it again, exact sequence: Drill hits ley line, eruption goes through gendarran/kessex/queensdale (you can tell by the windmills, heaven forbid it go by a more sensible route and involve the Tengu…), under Thaumanova (whoops :P), across some kind of large blank space (can’t tell if a wasteland or water), into some kind of forest, down in to the ground of that forest.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

Posted by: IncognitoP.1648

IncognitoP.1648

Mordremoth.

I just have to wonder how Colin thought this was a “one in a million” prediction.

Because could anyone have predicted exactly what happened. Sure propel predicted dragons and stuff, but they didn’t predict stuff like “oh there will e a green watch knight and a drill and the cutscenes will go exactly like this”

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

The energy wave passes through Thaumanova Reactor, specifically. The beam of light coming out of it even pulses as the wave passes it.

Posted by: FateOmega.9601

FateOmega.9601

Such a cliche storyline. Its as if anet just took the speculation and say “hey, why not?”
Was really hoping for something surprising.

Posted by: Axialbloom.8109

Axialbloom.8109

Such a cliche storyline. Its as if anet just took the speculation and say “hey, why not?”

The story actually followed a proper progression. Which was great.

Posted by: Katran.9186

Katran.9186

Mordremoth.

As resident Colin, I said this back when the world thought it was Primordus or a time travel story line, as more clues came out the theories got MUCH more correct,

Yet much more boring. Great job.

Posted by: Zayd Akira.1942

Zayd Akira.1942

Why do people think its the underwater dragon? The cinematic pretty clearly shows the ley line erupting from Lion’s Arch, towards, under, and then past Rata Sum. Where would that lead? Into the Maguuman jungle, not into the ocean, or at least not the part of the ocean where we know Bubbles to be.

EDIT: Just watched it again, exact sequence: Drill hits ley line, eruption goes through gendarran/kessex/queensdale (you can tell by the windmills, heaven forbid it go by a more sensible route and involve the Tengu…), under Thaumanova (whoops :P), across some kind of large blank space (can’t tell if a wasteland or water), into some kind of forest, down in to the ground of that forest.

The large dark black area is the Maguuma Wastes i recon. Its the big tan part directly west of divinities reach. further west of it is the official maguuma jungle.
I think they showed it as black because it is just dirt, and the leylines were sucking up all the light so tan = black just like the green grass in the human lands got darker too as the leyline passed by.

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

Why did the NPCs not want to know what Scarlett had unleashed? Us the players of course know what has happened because of the cutscene, but none of the NPCs will.

It just came across as rather moronic that they didn’t care about what was coming. Frustrating to watch to be honest.

Gandara

Posted by: Kyven.7514

Kyven.7514

The thing that I didn’t like about this ending was that there was no real explanation. A lot of folks guessed she was after Mordremoth, but we still don’t know why she went to such extremes to wake him up, and how he got into her head in the first place, and what that could mean for the sylvari.

The NPCs say they’re not interested in the explanation, but that’s the exact opposite of what my character would have done in that situation. She would have let her talk, and then killed her. Every piece of information is crucial. Why put all those pieces together in the bar and then not get the answer from the sylvari’s own mouth!?

Otherwise, I’m happy to see a return to dragons, but without an explanation, a cool cinematic is just a cinematic.

When you join the Order of Whispers for the first time and watch the cinematic after talking to everyone’s favorite apple seller, Riel Darkwater says something along the lines of “it doesn’t matter where the dragons came from or why they awoke, we just have to send them back to hell”. No one order has all the pieces of why or how the dragons awoke, to be fair. Better hope more is revealed in season 2. (though I will admit I grumbled at not being told why, kitten it guys! I wanted to know!)

(Why is the text of that cinematic not included in the wiki?)

Maybe just maybe you needed to break through into the eternal alchemy to feel Mors influence (before he was awake) and the non pale tree Slyvari were just neutral up until the point of him awakening and now they will be susceptible to his influence.

Malyck isn’t exactly neutral, he’s got the qualities of loyalty the “regular” sylvari have but also has a penchant for revenge.

Some quotes from the wiki, pulled from the personal story missions.

“Source of the Issue”

Knight of Embers:There he is! The harbinger. Success! All that is left is to bring him before the Duchess Faolain.
Malyck:You are one stubborn weed, lady, and you’re doing a bang-up job of getting on my bad side.
Malyck:Who are you, and why do you want me?
Knight of Embers:I am the Knight of Embers. I was born dreaming of you, and it has been my life’s ambition to draw you into nightmare.
Malyck:Why? Why do you want me so badly that you would waste lives just to capture me?
Knight of Embers:Because you are the key to our freedom from Ventari’s false laws. Your coming marks the turn of the tide between Dream and nightmare.
Knight of Embers:With your appearance, the truth grows ever closer. Come, the grand duchess awaits in the Venlin Vale.

“A Different Dream”

Amaranda the Lonesome: Gladly. Here, let me look upon you, sapling. Let me gaze into your eyes.

[…]

Amaranda the Lonesome: A distant shore—and darkness. A root, a cave…you. You are the seed. What Ronan knew and never told still lingers in the Dream.
Malyck: What does that mean?
Trahearne: It means my fears are well founded. You were not born of the Pale Tree, Malyck. We cannot see your Dream; you cannot see ours. I must return to the Grove and speak to the Pale Tree.

Edit:

Why did the NPCs not want to know what Scarlett had unleashed? Us the players of course know what has happened because of the cutscene, but none of the NPCs will.

It just came across as rather moronic that they didn’t care about what was coming. Frustrating to watch to be honest.

They probably don’t understand the full impact of what happened yet. I don’t know how many hours/days/weeks/months/years it takes for a dragon to wake up completely, shake off the dirt and go wreak havoc but it’s sort of safe to say they may not know she’s smacked a dragon yet.

Lareswen-Human Warrior/Zinnia Epsilon-Asura Mesmer
The Tyrian Institute (TI)
One of the few Americans on Gunnar’s Hold (EU)

(edited by Kyven.7514)

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

Its Mordremoth for sure. Its also make total sense with the lore. Just as Sylvari as Mordremoth minions make total sense.

- Ronan a human Soldier discovered a seed in a cave guarded by plant monster. He bring it to his home destroyed by the Mursaat 250 years ago. He decided to plant it and nurse it with the help of a new friend, the Centaur Ventari. They both influenced the growing Pale Tree with Human and Centaur philosophy until the Pale Tree began to grow Sylvari.
- In GW2 we Capture the Sylvari Malyck and we bring him to a Sylvari Seer that say that he’s not born from the Pale Tree, but another tree. This Malyck is from the Nightmare Court. He claim to have no knowledge of the ’’Dream’’ and Traherne think that maybe the second tree have no dream.
- The Nightmare court is a group of Sylvari that reject the Ventari Table (AKA the Human/Centaur philosophy that Ronan and Ventari gave to the Pale Tree).

For me its all clear that these seed that Ronan found was the to create an army of Sylvari, an army of Modremoth minions. The only reasons, why some sylvari are not minions of the dragon right now is because of the Dream. The Pale tree was corrupt by the teaching of Ronan and Ventari and the Pale Tree decide to protect her children from the influence of the Dragon. The nightmare court mission is to remove the protection of the Dream so that all Sylvari fall under the influence of the Dragon.

Maybe he was on a recon mission.

Posted by: pswendel.8179

pswendel.8179

Its Mordremoth for sure. Its also make total sense with the lore. Just as Sylvari as Mordremoth minions make total sense.

- Ronan a human Soldier discovered a seed in a cave guarded by plant monster. He bring it to his home destroyed by the Mursaat 250 years ago. He decided to plant it and nurse it with the help of a new friend, the Centaur Ventari. They both influenced the growing Pale Tree with Human and Centaur philosophy until the Pale Tree began to grow Sylvari.
- In GW2 we Capture the Sylvari Malyck and we bring him to a Sylvari Seer that say that he’s not born from the Pale Tree, but another tree. This Malyck is from the Nightmare Court. He claim to have no knowledge of the ’’Dream’’ and Traherne think that maybe the second tree have no dream.
- The Nightmare court is a group of Sylvari that reject the Ventari Table (AKA the Human/Centaur philosophy that Ronan and Ventari gave to the Pale Tree).

For me its all clear that these seed that Ronan found was the to create an army of Sylvari, an army of Modremoth minions. The only reasons, why some sylvari are not minions of the dragon right now is because of the Dream. The Pale tree was corrupt by the teaching of Ronan and Ventari and the Pale Tree decide to protect her children from the influence of the Dragon. The nightmare court mission is to remove the protection of the Dream so that all Sylvari fall under the influence of the Dragon.

I’m not entirely on board for the theory, but mordy is sleeping when we meet Malyck. Pretty easy to explain.

Posted by: TDream.7123

TDream.7123

Wow…this is a lot to take in.

So…just to summarize the situation thus far…I mean, what I think is going on with the dragons and everything…

In terms of elements:
Zhaitain – Death (Decay)
Mordremoth – Life (Growth)
Primordius – Fire
Jormag – Air (or in this case, storms? Ice storms?)
Kralkatorrik – Earth (Rock, crystal)
Bubbles (or Aqualung or whatever the ocean dragon’s name will be) – Water, obviously

Now with Zhaitan out of the way, that means each race has a unique foe in the form of a dragon:
Mordremoth – Sylvari
Primordius – Asura
Jormag – Norn
Kralkatorrik – Charr
Krakenstein (or whatever) – Human (not Divinity’s Reach specifically, but Cantha. There’s no telling was sort of Sea Horrors are torturing that place. On the other hand, I think Divinity’s Reach IS by the sea, isn’t it?)

For now, I going to just assume the main story will play out accordingly based on each races’ foe, possibly with some idiot (like Scarlet) accidentally or intentionally releasing some sealed evil in a can or draconic plot. And of course you have to fix it and save the world. What I don’t understand is, why the dragons go through the cycle of absorbing and releasing magic in the first place? It seems like a pointless endeavor destroying the world only to let it breathe again eventually. What force hates Tyria so much that they planted the dragons to create this artificial torture chamber?

And then there’s this new…pseudo-guild with Rox, Braham, and the others…If you compare them with the original Destiny’s Edge, you start to see some parallels:

Snaff – Marjory (“mentor” to Kasmeer)
Zojja – Kasmeer (“apprentice” to Marjory)
Caithe – I’m going to agree with Kyven.7514’s idea. I believe Malyck will play a bigger role and join up with the rest of the kids
Logan, Rytlock, and Eir can be substituted for Braham, Rox, and Taimi (not necessarily in that order)

Considering Snaff’s fate concerning the original Destiny Edge and the near death experience Marjory just went through near the end of this event, her chances don’t look very good, do they? Not to mention, the friction that Rox and Braham are going through concerning her warband seems eerily similar to what was going on with between Logan and Rytlock.

So that’s where I am right now story-wise. Still, I’m worried that I’m reading too much into things? The developers hold all the cards, and the plot twists, so who knows what’ll happen. I do like the way things are going so far, though, and am looking forward to seeing how the Sylvari react to Mordremoth… (sorry if this post is so long. I had to get this off my chest. Thanks!)

Posted by: Marquie Thomas.1873

Marquie Thomas.1873

I’m not entirely on board for the theory, but mordy is sleeping when we meet Malyck. Pretty easy to explain.

He is not even born from the pale tree so we cant even say any thing abut him as he was not under any kind of influence from the dream of dreams or the nightmare. I think the only way the syvari even come into contact with mordremoth is though the nightmare his spirit and overwhelming presents is about the same if not stronger then the pale tree This is why scarlet felt like she was being possessed felt as if she was losing herself due to its presence

Posted by: Miss Sugarific.8471

Miss Sugarific.8471

That wasn’t bubbles. It was a swamp. Note the butterfly. lol So it’s Mordremoth… probably.

Posted by: Mada.5319

Mada.5319

The dragon is Modremoth.

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: Don Muerte.7168

Don Muerte.7168

we have awoken Audrey II! Please don’t feed him Seymour!

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

" We want more dragons!"

Anet finally returns to the dragons

“OMG SO PREDICTABLE”

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

The thing that I didn’t like about this ending was that there was no real explanation. A lot of folks guessed she was after Mordremoth, but we still don’t know why she went to such extremes to wake him up, and how he got into her head in the first place, and what that could mean for the sylvari.

The NPCs say they’re not interested in the explanation, but that’s the exact opposite of what my character would have done in that situation. She would have let her talk, and then killed her. Every piece of information is crucial. Why put all those pieces together in the bar and then not get the answer from the sylvari’s own mouth!?

Otherwise, I’m happy to see a return to dragons, but without an explanation, a cool cinematic is just a cinematic.

When you join the Order of Whispers for the first time and watch the cinematic after talking to everyone’s favorite apple seller, Riel Darkwater says something along the lines of “it doesn’t matter where the dragons came from or why they awoke, we just have to send them back to hell”. No one order has all the pieces of why or how the dragons awoke, to be fair. Better hope more is revealed in season 2. (though I will admit I grumbled at not being told why, kitten it guys! I wanted to know!)

Malyck isn’t exactly neutral, he’s got the qualities of loyalty the “regular” sylvari have but also has a penchant for revenge.

“Source of the Issue”

Knight of Embers:There he is! The harbinger. Success! All that is left is to bring him before the Duchess Faolain.
Malyck:You are one stubborn weed, lady, and you’re doing a bang-up job of getting on my bad side.
Knight of Embers:I am the Knight of Embers. I was born dreaming of you, and it has been my life’s ambition to draw you into nightmare.
Malyck:Why? Why do you want me so badly that you would waste lives just to capture me?
Knight of Embers:Because you are the key to our freedom from Ventari’s false laws. Your coming marks the turn of the tide between Dream and nightmare.
Knight of Embers:With your appearance, the truth grows ever closer. Come, the grand duchess awaits in the Venlin Vale.

“A Different Dream”

Amaranda the Lonesome: Gladly. Here, let me look upon you, sapling. Let me gaze into your eyes.

[…]

Amaranda the Lonesome: A distant shore—and darkness. A root, a cave…you. You are the seed. What Ronan knew and never told still lingers in the Dream.
Trahearne: It means my fears are well founded. You were not born of the Pale Tree, Malyck. We cannot see your Dream; you cannot see ours. I must return to the Grove and speak to the Pale Tree.

That doesn’t prove that he(non pale tree slyvari) isn’t a minion of mor, it just means that at the time he had none of the dragons influence working on him since it was dormant.

For the record idk where I fall on the debate of Slyvari being minions or not. There is arguments for both sides.

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

Posted by: Renn.8241

Renn.8241

~Renn~ Jade Quarry – Norn, – Ranger.

Marquie Thomas.1873

“Source of the Issue”

“A Different Dream”

[…]

That doesn’t prove that he(non pale tree slyvari) isn’t a minion of mor, it just means that at the time he had none of the dragons influence working on him since it was dormant.

For the record idk where I fall on the debate of Slyvari being minions or not. There is arguments for both sides.

You cant use the fact that mordramoth was dormant to say that his corruption was not influencing the any of the syvari remember jormage was not active but yet svanir still became his champion. It was hinted though out scarlet’s background that mordremath was possessing and slowly influencing her. My gues is that Mordremoth was atro projecting himself into the dream as a nightmare and causing syvari to turn on top of other syvari influencing the nightmare even more with evil deeds while his body leaked Corruption like a evil seed that twisted the land around his resting place. Wychmire Swamp is a perfect example of this.

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

I have a feeling they recognized it as an obvious cover for buying time. The NPCs didn’t plan to kill her outright. They’ve had plenty of experience with her to expect yet another back up plan and probably shouldn’t have bantered with her even as much as they did.

(edited by Sariel V.7024)

Posted by: Ceridwen.6703

Ceridwen.6703

What I don’t understand is, why the dragons go through the cycle of absorbing and releasing magic in the first place? It seems like a pointless endeavor destroying the world only to let it breathe again eventually. What force hates Tyria so much that they planted the dragons to create this artificial torture chamber?

My guess is it’s just part of the circle of life… or the circle of death, destruction, and renewal, whatever is preferred.

+1 for Krakenstein, btw. I vote for that being the DSD’s new name.

“Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Steve R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn.”

Marquie Thomas.1873

What I don’t understand is, why the dragons go through the cycle of absorbing and releasing magic in the first place? It seems like a pointless endeavor destroying the world only to let it breathe again eventually. What force hates Tyria so much that they planted the dragons to create this artificial torture chamber?

My guess is it’s just part of the circle of life… or the circle of death, destruction, and renewal, whatever is preferred.

+1 for Krakenstein, btw. I vote for that being the DSD’s new name.

Its the same thing as the spiral of death from Final Fantasy 10 when sin is destroyed and reborn anew giving a short time of peace and prosperity

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

I hope it wasn’t Bubbles. Underwater combat is atrocious and I don’t want new underwater content until they revamp that entire mechanic.

I was hoping that we’d get the manta people, complete with 2-3 zones which are entirely underwater. Seriously.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Posted by: RedSpectrum.1975

RedSpectrum.1975

I hope it wasn’t Bubbles. Underwater combat is atrocious and I don’t want new underwater content until they revamp that entire mechanic.

I was hoping that we’d get the manta people, complete with 2-3 zones which are entirely underwater. Seriously.

No one likes underwater zones or levels, no one

Shawtell, Zen Verani, Rayshia Howen, Iyado, Colace Nzoir, Arteel Fyrien [Teef]

Posted by: Midnight Gypsy.9360

Midnight Gypsy.9360

It would be nice if they put more work into it, skills, weapons and armor just for underwater. Some of that is already in place but not nearly enough. They will have to make some changes when we fight bubbles.

Posted by: hedix.1986

hedix.1986

We knew it was gonna be a dragon ever since Anet or whoever leaked that audio of Scarlet saying we should be afraid of the dragons! It’s a good thing though, we’re back to GW2ish themes.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/1rrsh8/be_afraid/
So yeah, no surprises. Final cutscene was really nice though and I liked DE. 2.0. But we still didn’t get even half the answers – there should have been more storytelling.

Jungle Dragon was discussed for months, so nothing jaw-droppingly new. Can’t wait to find out exactly how the Sylvari fit into this, due to those (debunked) theories. And especially what’s Caithe’s secret. ^^

From the cutscene, it looked like water at first, so I got a bit excited about Bubbles (if water dragon is gone does that mean the path to another explorable area is clear? Cantha!), but yeah, lingering on butterflies and mushrooms does point to the “nature”-y aspect of Mordremoth.
Also from the cutscene, at one point we see Rata Sum (?) and then the Maguuma-ish area – could this hint at a new zone west of Brisban?

[QQ] – ex RoS, current Piken Square
[DV] – megaboss community

(edited by hedix.1986)

Posted by: KorKor.9452

KorKor.9452

There was already talk of the Krait and Quaggan being kicked out of the deep sea by an unknown force before this even happened. Bubbles was already awake or just on the move as Bubbles stirred. This was the jungle dragon because all the clues point that way. Thinking anything else is just wishful thinking and this idea was pointed out very very early in the living story.

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

Mordremoth.

As resident Colin, I said this back when the world thought it was Primordus or a time travel story line, as more clues came out the theories got MUCH more correct, by mid-february the correct theories were certainly far more plentiful. Also the one in 10-20K number was about the entire story in the final 2 releases, not just one specific part of the ending. Only a couple of folks correctly guessed LA getting nuked before we gave any of the hints for example.

Above all else, I just want to say how much fun it has been watching everyone theorize over the last few months. It’s one of the coolest parts of the living world experience to me. Where it goes from here….well you’ll just have to wait to find out!

Nope I’m out. I won’t wait and see. I waited and saw this abomination of a story.

I am not masochist enough to go through another LS season with all the flaws, bugs, zerg and abysmal stoytelling.

“Playtime is over!” she said, she was right.

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

I think that was kind of the point. If they tried to do a plot twist, that would only leave a lot more questions. The ending was low-risk and idiot-proof, which is a decision I agree with- We’ve been strung out on kitten -pulls for a while now, and having a conclusive end to Scarlet’s arc was the right decision.

-

My general thoughts on the patch- It’s the best that they possibly could have done (minus the Knights screwing over conditions). It doesn’t solve the ridiculous problems already in the plot (like how Scarlet managed to build a UFO without anybody noticing), but it does a good job of both wrapping up Scarlet’s arc and furthering the overall plot.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Posted by: Eurhetemec.9052

Eurhetemec.9052

Truth.

It’s sad how many games have had to bitterly learn this lesson. Underwater zones are for the lose.

Carighan.6758

I thought it was Primordius too, btw. Because of the thumpers, it made sense that she was trying to wake an underground dragon, and Primordius was the most direct choice.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

" We want more dragons!"

Anet finally returns to the dragons

“OMG SO PREDICTABLE”

Oh, i have nothing against the dragons.

i meant in general. They hyped a big mystery for Scarlet and in the end she really was just a puppet on his strings.
They hinted at a more psychological dilemma, so i expected struggeling, a typical villain speech, things turning upside down,.. something like that.
However it just ended like this: We go in, smash her in the face, she dies without explaining much (we even get cut of from the NPCs which i thought was stupid), hinting at the new master and then bam, eldar dragon… Straight forward, no suprises.

Which is not bad, but the hype and the unnessesary cut back on information which hinted at more just left a sour taste in my mouth after experiencing it.

If they would have just played it straight. No stupid hidden agenda and just have clearly said that she is definetly controlled by someone, That it is not in her mind, and give us the decency to talk to her and give her the chance to stop (even if she did not deserve it) her and subsequently see how far she was gone, then i would be more satisfied.

As it stands now however we never got any information on that and are reliant on explanation from the writers which will at some point come out in a short story, a blog post or a forum/interview answer, which not everyone will see.

I am not talking about predictable, i am talking about being to narrow with the presentation, as well as the annoying supposed “mystery” that bugged us till the end.

(btw. i am mostly annoyed that it is Mordremoth… which just means more Sylvari (and maybe asura).. i know they are the favourite child of the Anet team but cut us a break already…)

Carighan.6758

i meant in general. They hyped a big mystery for Scarlet and in the end she really was just a puppet on his strings.

They didn’t “hype” a big mystery. They said something will surprise us near the end. It did, in a way. It was the community who hyped it to kingdom-come, as they always do.
See this forum. Or reddit. Every little word gets turned into confirmation of:

• Cantha
  • GW1 PvP
  • GW1 HD instead of GW2
  • Player housing
  • Us fighting all dragons, in the sky, solo, slapping them with airships filled with Quaggan Suicide Bombers, while Scarlet’s Hologram plays Ride of the Valkyries on a pipe-organ in the background.
  • Cantha

To me it seems like people want to be disappointed.