**Spoiler** What did scarlet do?

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: HumaCarrionEater.8254

HumaCarrionEater.8254

Sylvari are my absolute favorite and I am completely stoked to see where this goes. Looks like those ideas about Sylvari being jungle dragon related just might be more than mere guesses and I can’t wait to find out more.

Posted by: HumaCarrionEater.8254

HumaCarrionEater.8254

Because she ignored literally all warnings to the contrary and the Pale Tree couldn’t protect her anymore. Remember the bit where the Pale Tree is trying to warn her away from discovering the truth? And the whole bit about it being something inside Scarlet herself? That Sylvari are dragon minions and the Pale Tree is protecting them from the influence, maybe.

What if…

The Sylvari are to Mordremoth as the Undead are to Zhaitan…

That theory has been thrown around many times. The best reasoning may be that the Sylvari cannot be corrupted by other dragons – since they are already minions of another Dragon.

Problem is, other Dragon Minion can be corrupted by another Dragon, Sylvari can’t they just drop off dead if a dragon tries to corrupt them. The question is. Why can Mordremoth have influence over Scarlet, while other dragons can’t. They are not his minions by nature.

There are still enough questions about the Sylvari and the Dream and I think it has to do with the Dream, getting Mordremoth a hole in the Sylvari anti dragon firewall.

Posted by: irrimn.3192

irrimn.3192

I feel like it’s pretty obvious the truth of the matter is that the Sylvari people ARE actually just the jungle dragon’s minions that have been… given (?) or acquired freewill while the jungle dragon slumbered. And now that it’s woken up the Sylvari are going to have a big battle of follow your true master or find your freedom amongst the wreckage.

Which is what I think drove Scarlett mad in the first place: finding out that she was slave to the dragon all along. A puppet. A cruel irony considering her fascination with marionettes.

Posted by: Yojimaru.4980

Yojimaru.4980

The drill is shown to be hitting the magical ley line on the screen, not some dragon. The reason Modremoth was still asleep was he had no need to wake. He had tapped into the lines and was sort of drip-feeding off them. When Scarlet interrupted the major convergence of them, it woke him up cause his drugs were cut off. Now he’s going on a withdrawal-induced rampage to get his world-juice back. I think she really believed she could defeat him after he woke up, which shows how truly nuts she was.

But hey, one plant lady’s schizo is another persons new content lol.

Not quite correct there. Mordremoth was dormant because it wasn’t receiving enough magic. That’s what the dragons do; they eat up all the magic and then go into dormancy again until the magic replenishes enough to sustain them. When Scarlet hit the convergence underneath LA, she redirected all that magic and sent it flowing straight to where Mordremoth was resting. That influx of energy is what woke the dragon.

Posted by: Voreo Sabrae.5416

Voreo Sabrae.5416

How are people seeing water, its obviously near Caledon, you can see butterflies flying in the cinematic

Rawr?

Posted by: Latinkuro.9420

Latinkuro.9420

Mordremoth.

I just have to wonder how Colin thought this was a “one in a million” prediction.

As resident Colin, I said this back when the world thought it was Primordus or a time travel story line, as more clues came out the theories got MUCH more correct, by mid-february the correct theories were certainly far more plentiful. Also the one in 10-20K number was about the entire story in the final 2 releases, not just one specific part of the ending. Only a couple of folks correctly guessed LA getting nuked before we gave any of the hints for example.

Above all else, I just want to say how much fun it has been watching everyone theorize over the last few months. It’s one of the coolest parts of the living world experience to me. Where it goes from here….well you’ll just have to wait to find out!

She woke a dragon, does this mean we getting a new elder dragon to fight ?
if so, can we expect the same pew pew as zhaitan or are we actually gonna be allowed to fight the dragon this time ?

old game classic contra comes to mind, that last lair seems kinda like you’re fighting the boss from the inside out (hint, hint) notice also how there is no boss life bar at all instead you had to watch the boss’s animations to figure out if you were close to killing it or not, that right there was way ahead of it’s time for sure.

One of my favorite all time classics for sure

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

They didn’t “hype” a big mystery. They said something will surprise us near the end. It did, in a way. It was the community who hyped it to kingdom-come, as they always do.
See this forum. Or reddit. Every little word gets turned into confirmation of:

• Cantha
  • GW1 PvP
  • GW1 HD instead of GW2
  • Player housing
  • Us fighting all dragons, in the sky, solo, slapping them with airships filled with Quaggan Suicide Bombers, while Scarlet’s Hologram plays Ride of the Valkyries on a pipe-organ in the background.
  • Cantha

To me it seems like people want to be disappointed.

If withholding crucial information to understand the reasoning behind a characters motive just so the “theorycrafters” could run crazy, then it is pushing a “big mystery”.
The mystery here being simply her motivation.
Till yesterday we did not know what she is trying to acomplish. We had hints, but no confirmation.
They waited till the last moment to give us her real motivation and they only dripped out little information with no real confirmation in the last two updates.

It is not a matter of “words get misinterpitated” into some kind of confirmation.

They simply left one simple piece of information, that could give much more depth to the story and answer a lot of questions, just so people can go along with theorycrafting and they could see us go nuts.

It might not be intentional and harming, since they believed to created something “clever” and waiting till the very end to reveal it was indeed that, however for me it just felt unneccessary and anoying.

Now the character is dead and they did not deliver on that prospect.
Scarlet did not change in any way as we finaly confronted her. We did not get more interaction or insight into her character.

Till she end, she was only focused on her goal and disillusional.

Which is a shame, since the writers had a plan with her. She was supposed to have a meaning. hey even said so themselves in interviews… heck even a recent one: http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/473/feature/8279/Guild-Wars-2-Day-of-Reckoning-The-Battle-for-Lions-Arch.html

In the end, we do not know the answer till they tell us. It is unlikely we get it ingame, since Scarlet is dead and i doubt we get another hologram of her. So in the end it will end in a blog, forum answer or interview.

Posted by: Voreo Sabrae.5416

Voreo Sabrae.5416

or who knows maybe she recorded logs somewhere. that might be found.
But she even said herself she didnt account for something, so she probably didnt expect to die

Rawr?

Latinkuro.9420

What if…

The Sylvari are to Mordremoth as the Undead are to Zhaitan or like the Branded are to Kralkatorrik…

And the Pale Tree… is being used as a sort of… mind-control nulling entity

And that is why the Sylvari are so curious about the world around them…. cause their minds are unlocked and they have their freedom…

But arn’t aware of it… like a dark secret…

Hmm, interesting but I don’t think A.net would make the pale tree sylvari evil they are a playable race of heroes after all.

What is more likely is that the pale tree and the dream protects the dream sylvari from mordremoth, while the nightmare court is an NPC off shoot faction and can be made into the minion class for mordremoth.

Now that he is awake the nightmare court will be completely under mordremoth’s control.

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

@Jaken:
Never felt that way to me, sorry. To me it seemed like they were trying to sweep Scarlet herself under the rug, overshadowing her with Kas’ and Jory’s romance, Rox and Braham, Taimi’s person, the LA destruction and now Mordremoth.

Which, to be fair, is exactly what we asked them to do, in countless pages of countless threads.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Latinkuro.9420

and why did she had to open a hole for this dragon in LA, Kryta, if the thing is in Maguuma? Let me guess, just ’coz it is funnier to destroy the main city of the game even if there is no logic at all?

La was where the epicenter of the laylines resided.
that alone makes it clear why she chose that location.

Posted by: vladracul.6798

vladracul.6798

and why did she had to open a hole for this dragon in LA, Kryta, if the thing is in Maguuma? Let me guess, just ’coz it is funnier to destroy the main city of the game even if there is no logic at all?

La was where the epicenter of the laylines resided.
that alone makes it clear why she chose that location.

I know it, but this is cheap writing. Is a plot made up in the last minute, extremely convenient. LA was never a place of strong magical power, it was what it was ’coz of geography, strategical commerce place between regions, linking them all. A place were it would make sense for the ley lines to connect is Orr, in the old Orrian scrolls they acknowledge Orr is a place of very strong magical power overall all places, no wonder the gods lived there.
So, they decided it would be LA just coz it would be “OH!! cool!!” to destroy the main hub of the game.
And the rest of the dragons awoken without the need of a push in the ley lines, so the need of that to awake a dragon in the Maguuma jungle is cheesy as hell.

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

@Jaken:
Never felt that way to me, sorry. To me it seemed like they were trying to sweep Scarlet herself under the rug, overshadowing her with Kas’ and Jory’s romance, Rox and Braham, Taimi’s person, the LA destruction and now Mordremoth.

Which, to be fair, is exactly what we asked them to do, in countless pages of countless threads.

I can understand that.
Scarlet herself was not really amazing in her last few hours.
In her hologram fight she does not really care and after she is downed she… still does not care.
She tries to be a bit of rebell, but that is not really working in the state she is in.

To be honest, It feels like we are missing the middle part.
It just did not feel right from a Zergfest to go to a crippled crazy person…

So yeah, i can understand that it was overshadowed in the end.
More sim like lesbian action :p (just kidding, still have that image in my head)

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

The whole plot made no sense anyway. Now we got a dragon noone cared before he was artificially put in the game (lore wut).

Yay, I for one would have prefered some more lore relevant stuff but hey, ANet stopped caring about the lore the day they introduced the LS…

Posted by: AikunFelcis.7258

AikunFelcis.7258

My theory about Caith secret is Pale Tree & Caith were aware of Mordremoth existence and that’s why Caith acted rude to Cadeyrn on purpose. He created Nightmare Court, so Sylvari are fighting with each other about the dream – it is artificialy created conflict in order to make Sylvari choose dream or nightmare (Scarlet figured out that there is third option to choose, not only between these two). Dream/Nightmare is a barrier protecting Sylvari from Mordremoth’s influence. Scarlet broke this barrier so Mordremoth was able to take control of her. As I said, Pale Tree knew about this (“Please: go no further. In seeking to comprehend the forces that shape us, you will unleash them. Society cannot withstand that.”). To sum it up: Pale Tree created artificial internal conflict within Sylvari society in order to protect them from external influence – Mordremoth.

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

Such a cliche storyline. Its as if anet just took the speculation and say “hey, why not?”
Was really hoping for something surprising.

Peter, Paul & Mary and I called it 6 months ago. And with astounding accuracy, might I add.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/lwd/Dragons-remember-them/first#post2716710

I was herald to the destruction of Lion’s Arch as well.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/archive/speech/To-Scarlet-Post-here/first#post2630193

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

cinematic is just a cinematic.

When you join the Order of Whispers for the first time and watch the cinematic after talking to everyone’s favorite apple seller, Riel Darkwater says something along the lines of “it doesn’t matter where the dragons came from or why they awoke, we just have to send them back to hell”. No one order has all the pieces of why or how the dragons awoke, to be fair. Better hope more is revealed in season 2. (though I will admit I grumbled at not being told why, kitten it guys! I wanted to know!)

(Why is the text of that cinematic not included in the wiki?)

I repeat: Why is Malyck not espousing the joys of Mordremoth when we meet him?

Maybe because the dragon was asleep when you met him. Only time will tell whats happens now.

Caera broke through the Pale Tree’s warning and found Mord himself. Malyck and the people of his tree have no no such protection, even a sleeping Mord would therefore be able to talk to them as easy as he did Scarlet.

Yet, Malyck heard no voices in his head. No people of his tree have popped up shouting ‘Mordremoth!’

The sylvari are not that special, they’re not. The $64,000 question still lies in the sylvari’s origins, the Dream, and the Nightmare. And we are a little closer to those answers today.

Maybe just maybe you needed to break through into the eternal alchemy to feel Mors influence (before he was awake) and the non pale tree Slyvari were just neutral up until the point of him awakening and now they will be susceptible to his influence.

Malyck isn’t exactly neutral, he’s got the qualities of loyalty the “regular” sylvari have but also has a penchant for revenge.

Some quotes from the wiki, pulled from the personal story missions.

“Source of the Issue”

Knight of Embers:There he is! The harbinger. Success! All that is left is to bring him before the Duchess Faolain.
Malyck:You are one stubborn weed, lady, and you’re doing a bang-up job of getting on my bad side.
Malyck:Who are you, and why do you want me?
Knight of Embers:I am the Knight of Embers. I was born dreaming of you, and it has been my life’s ambition to draw you into nightmare.
Malyck:Why? Why do you want me so badly that you would waste lives just to capture me?
Knight of Embers:Because you are the key to our freedom from Ventari’s false laws. Your coming marks the turn of the tide between Dream and nightmare.
Knight of Embers:With your appearance, the truth grows ever closer. Come, the grand duchess awaits in the Venlin Vale.

“A Different Dream”

Amaranda the Lonesome: Gladly. Here, let me look upon you, sapling. Let me gaze into your eyes.

[…]

Amaranda the Lonesome: A distant shore—and darkness. A root, a cave…you. You are the seed. What Ronan knew and never told still lingers in the Dream.
Malyck: What does that mean?
Trahearne: It means my fears are well founded. You were not born of the Pale Tree, Malyck. We cannot see your Dream; you cannot see ours. I must return to the Grove and speak to the Pale Tree.

That doesn’t prove that he(non pale tree slyvari) isn’t a minion of mor, it just means that at the time he had none of the dragons influence working on him since it was dormant.

For the record idk where I fall on the debate of Slyvari being minions or not. There is arguments for both sides.

You cant use the fact that mordramoth was dormant to say that his corruption was not influencing the any of the syvari remember jormage was not active but yet svanir still became his champion. It was hinted though out scarlet’s background that mordremath was possessing and slowly influencing her. My gues is that Mordremoth was atro projecting himself into the dream as a nightmare and causing syvari to turn on top of other syvari influencing the nightmare even more with evil deeds while his body leaked Corruption like a evil seed that twisted the land around his resting place. Wychmire Swamp is a perfect example of this.

And yet your own example proves that dragon corruption doesn’t touch everyone of the same species equally. Otherwise all of the Norn would have been Jormags minions while he was format. Scarlet didn’t have problems until she used that machine and was exposed to things she shouldn’t have been exposed to.

so the slyvari may or may not be minions but there isn’t nothing we can prove without more info. And I’ll doubt we will get any soon knowing how lore light the LS has been.

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

Posted by: X The Manimal.5293

X The Manimal.5293

Not really up to date on the entire lore but my guess is Elder Dragon? The magical ley lines she drilled into splintered all across Tyria and, if you watch carefully, the magic was absorbed into a huge mouth with sharp teeth. =) From what I understand, Elder Dragons are all about consuming magic.

Posted by: Luke.4562

Luke.4562

Meanwhile Zhaitan awaits a death rehaul led by a logical and deep plot. Not something kid-written.

ALPHA, BETA, several months, … 1 Year later…“When it’s ready”[cit.]

Posted by: Vagelis.9562

Vagelis.9562

Perhaps Sylvari are not minions of Mordremoth at all … Ronan simply placed that seed at Maguuma where the dragon lied sleeping. The pale tree created the dream in order to teach its saplings the lessons and love Ventari gave while raising it. This dream was a unique form of intense magic. Mordremoth sensed this magic and tried to creep into it, thus causing the “Nightmare” a form of corruption to endanger young sylvari. The Nightmare Court are sylvari who are slowly influenced NOT CORRUPTED by Mordremoth’s power without their knowledge, all they see is power just like Sons of Svanir are victims of Jormag (but they are not turned, immediately, into icebrood). Since the Court reveres the Nightmare, it slowly enpowers Mordremoth.

Malyck is not a minion because perhaps the pale seed was simply raised on its own and didn’t need some form of communication since it had not received and outside stimulli like Ventari gave to the Maguuma one. And perhaps his Pale Tree is a bit far from Mordremoth. Moreover, we do not know if there are any analogous villainy group in Malyck’s territory like the Court, thus there are not any Sylvari who are negatively influenced by Mordremoth’s power.

The only real corrupted Sylvari is Scarlet (as proved by her body and face during the ending cutscene). The court is influenced likes Svanir’s in a slow process. Scarlet was directly exposed to Mordremoth so harshly that twisted her mind and became a true minion … with an exception. She was still connected to the dream in some way. The pale tree tried to reach her and perhaps is the reason why Scarlet tried and showed resistance to the influence (like Apatia during Krait Orb PS didn’t attack the hero when turned into Risen but accepted a relinquishing death). She tried to tap into the dragons magic leyline feed in order to shock him and let her alone … a insane mind has crazy ideas as we all witnessed.

In Conclusion, i don’t believe Sylvari are Mordremoth’s creations but most likely a very promising candidate for corruption (like Jormag’s Sons of Svanir, Orrians who fueled Zhaitan’s army, Primordius shaping Destroyers after underground/mountain fauna).

Just some theories , sorry for any bad english.

Revive Tybalt Leftpaw, only guy obsessed with sth other than Dragons Zombies or outrunning centaurs

Posted by: Drifter.3285

Drifter.3285

Glad that they are finally continuing with the elder dragons, but did it really need to take this long to get here? I mean with everyone in destinys edge back together why not go on LS missions to prepare for kralkatoric? I mean they already know how to defeat said elder dragon. But anyway hoping we don’t have to do 1.5 years worth of loosely tied together living story content in order to reach Mordremoth, hopefully some new champions of mordroth are released in the coming months. Also on the sylari I believe the pale tree and Ventari’s tablet have freed sylari of mordremoth in a similar way as to how Glimt was freed of kralkatorics influence, just something to think about I guess

(edited by Drifter.3285)

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

The whole plot made no sense anyway. Now we got a dragon noone cared before he was artificially put in the game (lore wut).

Yay, I for one would have prefered some more lore relevant stuff but hey, ANet stopped caring about the lore the day they introduced the LS…

Mordremoth have roots deep into GW1 lore. Its not because you don’t see it that its not there.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

From the movement of the World:

“This story began with a human soldier named Ronan whom, [sic] while separated from his patrol, discovered a cavern filled with strange seed-pods. This cavern was protected by terrible plant creatures, so he fled, clinging to a single seed to show his daughter when he returned home from war. But, upon his arrival, Ronan discovered the Mursaat had destroyed his village and murdered his family, leaving only ruined houses and mass graves. In agony, he planted the seed on their graves and swore never to return to battle.”

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/The_Movement_of_the_World#Sylvari

What if the Seed pods are connected to Mordremoth in some way? Like his offspring or “eggs” to hatch his lieutenants? And the “terrible plant creatures” could very well be Nightmare Husks and they are the “real” form of Mordremoth’s minions. The Sylvari were influenced by Ventari -and Ronan- and thus they ressemble humans, maybe the Seeds themselves are meant to form plat-like creatures that mimic other races.

For example, Destroyers mimic Crabs, Trolls and Harpies. In a similar way, the Seeds could produce creatures that mimic the looks of others (like what happened with the Sylvari)

Husks and Sylvari coexist in many areas. The name “Mordremoth” appears in Crucible of Eternity path 2, in an attack called Teeth of Mordremoth used by Subject Alpha. The area outside the dungeon has various labs and facilities hoursing minions of other Elder Dragons. The Northern facility has nightmare blossoms (like those in TA). Path 2 of the dungeons also has nightmare blossoms, nightmare husks and hounds. One of the bosses is an Evolved Husk, a more powerful version of the Nightmare Husks, much like there is an Evolved Destroyer and a big ugly Icebrood Norn.

If the Inquest REALLY know what the minions of Mordremoth look like, it makes sense that the Husks have some connection to Mordremoth. Unless they guessed and said, “hey this creature might be what we are looking for, let’s put it in CoE just because”, which I really doubt.

Also, let’s not forget one very important aspect of the Sylvari: they can’t be corrupted by the Dragons. There are a few other creatures that are ALSO immune to dragon corruption, the OTHER Dragon Minions. There are no Corrupted/Branded creatures for example, or Risen Destroyer Crabs or whatever. It makes sense that Dragon Minions cannot corrupt other Dragon Minions, which makes the theory of Sylvari being Dragon Minions even stronger.

Ceara didn’t want her life to be dictated by the Pale Tree or Ventari’s teachings. Like a rebelious teenager, she wanted to live her own life and not follow a path chosen by someone else. In Omadd’s machine she saw the real entity behind the Sylvari, Mordremoth, and when she got close to the truth, the Pale Tree herself appeared in front of her, to urge her not to continue, the truth would drive her mad.

Ceara didn’t listen, she wanted to see what’s behind the veil of secrecy created by the Pale Tree, and well, she realised the hard truth.

Taking into account Glint’s conversion by the Forgotten, it is possible that in a similar way, Ventari and Ronan, cured the Dragon Corruption from the Pale Tree and fred her from the Dragon. Now she acts independent of her “master” and wants her children to be beckons of hope (and good) instead of destruction.

Posted by: Marquie Thomas.1873

Marquie Thomas.1873

And yet your own example proves that dragon corruption doesn’t touch everyone of the same species equally. Otherwise all of the Norn would have been Jormags minions while he was format. Scarlet didn’t have problems until she used that machine and was exposed to things she shouldn’t have been exposed to.

so the slyvari may or may not be minions but there isn’t nothing we can prove without more info. And I’ll doubt we will get any soon knowing how lore light the LS has been.

My post was meant to stat that dragon regardless weather or not dormant the dragons can still corrupt things that come into contact with their energy or presence. Any way Scarlet had problems way before she used the machine to the point she or the pale tree walled off a portion of her mind for her own safety. She started Her journey to find the answers as to what was causing her to slowly lose herself. Also when In the isolation tank scarlets could only come in contact with thing she had brought in with her the machine only directly exposed her to the walled off portion of her mind This exposed her directly to Mordremoth to the point her mind broke.

Posted by: Ashabhi.1365

Ashabhi.1365

I know that for most, it’s a foregone conclusion that it is Mordremoth that we’re seeing at the end of the cinematic, and that he/she is the Elder Dragon that is coming.

Having said that, there is just something that bothers me about that scenario and I can’t quite put my fingers on it.

It seems too cut and dry to me. She tapped into the Leylines and woke Mordremoth blahblahblah, but…

Scarlet has banded together representatives from most of the elements…
Earth: Dredge
Air: Aetherblades
Fire: Molten Alliance
Water: Krait
Ether: Nightmare Court

If it is Mordremoth, it would seem to me that she simply wouldn’t need that many elemental influences to defeat him, if indeed that was what she was doing.

It may very well be Mordremoth that’s coming, but still, I wish I could comfortably say that I feel certain it would be the Mord and not Primordus.

Level 80 Elementalist

Posted by: Asukai.4507

Asukai.4507

Underwater combat for bubbles the Deep sea dragon uh no thanks I really dislike Underwater combat but since it’s Mordremoth was behind all of this to be awaken up? but the question is ‘why?’ to test humanity or the world? so we get to a Dragon but not a god yet hummm

Posted by: Druss.6917

Druss.6917

I hope it wasn’t Bubbles. Underwater combat is atrocious and I don’t want new underwater content until they revamp that entire mechanic.

I was hoping that we’d get the manta people, complete with 2-3 zones which are entirely underwater. Seriously.

No one likes underwater zones or levels, no one

False

Many of us love underwater fights. Perhaps you play one of the classes that is kitten underwater, so it’s understandable, but don’t assume everyone hates it just because you do. I would absolutely LOVE a fully underwater zone. Now do I think this dragon is the water one? Of course not. And do I think underwater fighting is perfect? Of course not. It still needs some work, especially a separate trait tree or at the very least the option to select and “underwater version” of certain traits and skills that normally are useless underwater.

“Come to me and die you stinking whoresons. For I am Druss, and This is Death!”

Posted by: SpecterMAT.7306

SpecterMAT.7306

SPOILERS

Scarlet is actually Cathie from the future.

Posted by: guardian.6489

guardian.6489

Mordremoth sounds like an awesome villain for season 2. It’s the elder dragon with the most interesting stuff going on especially with the implications that maybe sylvari are minions of Mordremoth and the pale tree simply changed them.

I can already see a lot more potential with Mordremoth attacking the pale tree to claim his champion back (remember how Glint’s meeting with her elder dragon went?) and the sylvari coming to the shocking realization that they were dragon minions this entire time.

Retired Leader of TTS

Posted by: Silvercyclone.1462

Silvercyclone.1462

I really hope Mordromoth isn’t a villain in a living story because all the players who join later in the game wont be able to fight him. He would be used best as a continuation of the personal story since at the end they say the will be going after the rest fo the dragons.

(edited by Silvercyclone.1462)

Posted by: Midnight Gypsy.9360

Midnight Gypsy.9360

I really hope Mordromoth isn’t a villain in a living story because all the players who join later in the game wont be able to fight him. He would be used best as a continuation of the personal story since at the end they say the will be going after the rest fo the dragons.

Even if it was part of LS it would not be that hard to make it a permanent dungeon, all dragon fights should always be available once they’re released.

Silvercyclone.1462

Just having a dungeon with the dragon at the end wouldn’t be good enough there needs to be a permanent story that leads into that dungeon like there was with Zhaitan.

Midnight Gypsy.9360

There needs to be a story that builds to him yes, but I would rather see it in LS not PS. If Scarlet was a Dragon Champion that we’ve been fighting it would be confusing to go and make the rest of it in a PS. Just keep using the LS for stuff that involves everyone (the world) and leave the PS for a good personal story not involving the rest of the world(as a whole) and not leading to that at all.

(edited by Midnight Gypsy.9360)

Silvercyclone.1462

For me the PS need to be for the gam’s main villians which are the dragons everything else should be LS. The LS could lead into the PS with the dragons but the path that leads to the actual dragon needs to be PS. Im sure players joining the game late would leave if they dropped them inside a dungeon w/o any explination as to how or why they are there w/o experiencing it through the LS.

Midnight Gypsy.9360

Another reason is having Zhatian at the end of PS under cuts the importance of LS and the focus of LS for over a year under cuts the importance of PS. I don’t think it will be like that again. I would like the main villain to be a part of the LS, only once it has built up to it keep that fight on permanently with the ability to go back and look at the events leading up to that fight. (Anet already seems to be in favor of the ability to go back and watch old events) But as I said I think having the setup as it was in season one weakens both LS and PS. Each to their own I guess.

(edited by Midnight Gypsy.9360)

Posted by: Traveller.7496

Traveller.7496

The whole thing with Malyck, the Sylvari, Pale Tree and Mordemoth is probably one of the most interesting storylines of the whole game for me. I’ve often criticized the writing team (most of my critique is towards bland LS characters and character arcs), but this is one aspect they’ve managed to keep it interesting. I’m sincerely hoping for more and looks like we’ll get more.

Posted by: Zelkovan.2630

Zelkovan.2630

Mordremoth.

I just have to wonder how Colin thought this was a “one in a million” prediction.

As resident Colin, I said this back when the world thought it was Primordus or a time travel story line, as more clues came out the theories got MUCH more correct, by mid-february the correct theories were certainly far more plentiful. Also the one in 10-20K number was about the entire story in the final 2 releases, not just one specific part of the ending. Only a couple of folks correctly guessed LA getting nuked before we gave any of the hints for example.

Above all else, I just want to say how much fun it has been watching everyone theorize over the last few months. It’s one of the coolest parts of the living world experience to me. Where it goes from here….well you’ll just have to wait to find out!

I have to say Colin, I disliked the LS at first, but the releases keep getting better and better gameplay and storywise so good job there c:

But, I have a concern. Will it take us another 5+ months to figure out small little details? The first season of LS was plagued with horrible pacing. We would find out about something and get an small answer to it 5 months later (e.g. Scarlet in her entirety). It got better towards the end, but even this previous release was still kinda on the fence about “explaining” things.

Will the upcoming stuff be better paced so we are more in tune with the story?

Posted by: Colly.4073

Colly.4073

If it is the deep sea dragon please don’t say that this will bring on a whole new “Fighting underwater” Storyline.

clint.5681

My post was meant to stat that dragon regardless weather or not dormant the dragons can still corrupt things that come into contact with their energy or presence. Any way Scarlet had problems way before she used the machine to the point she or the pale tree walled off a portion of her mind for her own safety. She started Her journey to find the answers as to what was causing her to slowly lose herself. Also when In the isolation tank scarlets could only come in contact with thing she had brought in with her the machine only directly exposed her to the walled off portion of her mind This exposed her directly to Mordremoth to the point her mind broke.

Well I agree with what you said, but I guess my point is we dont have enough info at the moment

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

…Scarlet has banded together representatives from most of the elements…

If it is Mordremoth, it would seem to me that she simply wouldn’t need that many elemental influences to defeat him, if indeed that was what she was doing…

I don’t think she meant to defeat it, but to awake him. The way I see it the different alliances were a means to an end, posibly to get discarded once her real goal (waking up Mordremoth) was done.

First she learns of the ley lines on the thaumanova reactor, she finds out they’re underground so she’ll need the equipment to get to them, that’s where the molten alliance comes from. A giant drilling machine (dredge technology) powered by magic (flame legion). She probably convinced them that she could help them regain their lands/people by fusing their technology and magic together, something she could do as she had studied both (note that not all the flame legion nor all the dredge joined her, she just needed to convince a fraction of each to work with her).

Then she needs an air force that would let her reach anywhere the big ley lines conjunction was. The fact that she tried to get someone into the council makes me think that she suspected it was under Lion’s Arch, but needed the probes to really confirm it, and we already know that LA was created to resist attacks by sea, so she created the aetherblade pirates. Probably she recruited the pirates with the promise of allowing them to do more pillage and plundering on land and not only on the sea if they followed here (the invasions, for example), and got the inquest (again, not all of them, just some was enough) on board with the promise of letting them access to stolen pact technology and her own portal tech.

Watchworks, well, they’re 100% loyal foot soldiers, something she would need in order to attack wherever she needed, and also probably to keep in line the other alliances in case they wanted back on their word.

And she needed a way to make sure there was no counterattack when she used the drill, at least not in time to stop her, which is why she got the toxic alliance together (again, a faction of the kraitt and some of the nightmare court, not all of each) to create the toxin she eventually converted into the miasma. The deeply religious kraitt though they were getting a new prophet in exchange (the hybrid) while the nightmare courtiers were spreading large amounts of suffering, which is the nightmare court goal. Note one thing, when the kraitt still though they were going to get a new prophet out of the deal, you saw regular kraitt alongside with infected toxic ones, after the events on the tower, you only see the toxic ones as part of the toxic alliance… my theory is that Scarlet added a bit of mind control into the toxins that affected the kraitt directly, so they would still work for her even if it was clear their plans to get a new prophet failed.

They most likely didn’t know her ultimate goal when they all attacked LA, the molten alliance were probably after the huge magic power she had found under LA, the aetherblade couldn’t resist the idea of pillaging one of the biggest cities in the world, while the nightmare courtiers were in for the suffering and evil they were spreading (I already have the theory of the toxic krait being mind controlled or at least altered to obey scarlet).

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

Posted by: Ashabhi.1365

Ashabhi.1365

I like your explanation…

So, if she wasn’t trying to defeat him, but only trying to wake him, what did she hope to accomplish?

Is it possible that she wanted to wake him to try to “control” him in order to have him fight against something we do not see yet?

And now, with Scarlet dead, there is nothing that would “hold him back” and he’s free to lay waste to the world…

hmm… interesting….

Believe it or not, I am almost excited to see the next season…

Level 80 Elementalist

Posted by: OtakuModeEngage.8679

OtakuModeEngage.8679

It would be cool if ‘bubbles’ is an Asian dragon

Posted by: Minos.5168

Minos.5168

It would be cool if ‘bubbles’ is an Asian dragon

And maybe, lorewise, if Saltspray Dragons are his minions or champions.

Thus, Kuunavang is a purified dragon champion. Now, as to why/how Shiro could corrupt Kuunavang to do his own bidding… Which adds lore complexity.

Posted by: Squee Squashington.5189

Squee Squashington.5189

So… despite the fact that we knew she was coming, Scarlet successfully invades Lion’s Arch, one of the oldest and most fortified strongholds in all of Tyria, with a handful of dredge and krait, consquently forcing the retreat of Tyria’s most skilled and lethal champions, many of whom had banded together to slay an elder dragon already. At this point she drills into the harbor until she hits some blue goo that then travels 5-6 some odd zones west into Maguuma jungle where it awakens a sleeping elder dragon?

I can’t imagine why more people didn’t predict that.

Legendary Defender of Casuals

Posted by: ExAstris.8527

ExAstris.8527

Finally an awesome cinematic.

I hear you…but the destruction of the Tower of Nightmares cinematic was pretty sweet. Also, I liked the one that introduced Marjory.

Gwen Dlynn; human engineer (1st class)
Sir Reginald Doom; Charr necromancer (wip)
Aurora Skykin; Norn guardian (wip)

(edited by ExAstris.8527)

ExAstris.8527

BTW, do we find out who E is?

No. But I was really hoping to. Clearly the lack of a reveal wasn’t an oversight since Marjory asked Logan about “E” following the Twisted Marionette. It seems “E” may yet have a role to play.

ExAstris.8527

…Scarlet has banded together representatives from most of the elements…

If it is Mordremoth, it would seem to me that she simply wouldn’t need that many elemental influences to defeat him, if indeed that was what she was doing…

I don’t think she meant to defeat it, but to awake him. The way I see it the different alliances were a means to an end, posibly to get discarded once her real goal (waking up Mordremoth) was done.

First she learns of the ley lines on the thaumanova reactor, she finds out they’re underground so she’ll need the equipment to get to them, that’s where the molten alliance comes from. A giant drilling machine (dredge technology) powered by magic (flame legion). She probably convinced them that she could help them regain their lands/people by fusing their technology and magic together, something she could do as she had studied both (note that not all the flame legion nor all the dredge joined her, she just needed to convince a fraction of each to work with her).

Then she needs an air force that would let her reach anywhere the big ley lines conjunction was. The fact that she tried to get someone into the council makes me think that she suspected it was under Lion’s Arch, but needed the probes to really confirm it, and we already know that LA was created to resist attacks by sea, so she created the aetherblade pirates. Probably she recruited the pirates with the promise of allowing them to do more pillage and plundering on land and not only on the sea if they followed here (the invasions, for example), and got the inquest (again, not all of them, just some was enough) on board with the promise of letting them access to stolen pact technology and her own portal tech.

Watchworks, well, they’re 100% loyal foot soldiers, something she would need in order to attack wherever she needed, and also probably to keep in line the other alliances in case they wanted back on their word.

And she needed a way to make sure there was no counterattack when she used the drill, at least not in time to stop her, which is why she got the toxic alliance together (again, a faction of the kraitt and some of the nightmare court, not all of each) to create the toxin she eventually converted into the miasma. The deeply religious kraitt though they were getting a new prophet in exchange (the hybrid) while the nightmare courtiers were spreading large amounts of suffering, which is the nightmare court goal. Note one thing, when the kraitt still though they were going to get a new prophet out of the deal, you saw regular kraitt alongside with infected toxic ones, after the events on the tower, you only see the toxic ones as part of the toxic alliance… my theory is that Scarlet added a bit of mind control into the toxins that affected the kraitt directly, so they would still work for her even if it was clear their plans to get a new prophet failed.

They most likely didn’t know her ultimate goal when they all attacked LA, the molten alliance were probably after the huge magic power she had found under LA, the aetherblade couldn’t resist the idea of pillaging one of the biggest cities in the world, while the nightmare courtiers were in for the suffering and evil they were spreading (I already have the theory of the toxic krait being mind controlled or at least altered to obey scarlet).

I’ve been grappling with sorting out the threads, and I think this explanation can put my mind at ease. Well said.

Posted by: ezd.6359

ezd.6359

Sorry for my english.

I still don’t understand some things… Can someone explain?

1) Scarlet dislikes her destiny(fate?) and she wants to change it.
2) She tried to do something, but i don’t think she tried to wake the dragon. Because:
a) Other dragons do not need help.
b) She tried to change her fate, not to kill herself
c) Braham did not let her explain (surpise?)
d) New small asura has no role, why? Will she continue scarlets work?

What is happening?

English is not my native language, sorry :<

clint.5681

Sorry for my english.

I still don’t understand some things… Can someone explain?

1) Scarlet dislikes her destiny(fate?) and she wants to change it.
2) She tried to do something, but i don’t think she tried to wake the dragon. Because:
a) Other dragons do not need help.
b) She tried to change her fate, not to kill herself
c) Braham did not let her explain (surpise?)
d) New small asura has no role, why? Will she continue scarlets work?

What is happening?

We honestly don’t know all the answers

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

Did they remove Edge of the Mists already? Why won’t the dragon be able to stay around?