**Spoilers** Nowhere to hide....

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: Piscore.6934

Piscore.6934

Here’s a video doing it as a naked Norn. No abilities, no traits, no buffs. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6OjwD2elcU

omg

/bow

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Proof that all a Norn needs to be bad-donkey is himself (or herself).

Posted by: Squee Squashington.5189

Squee Squashington.5189

With mesmer I did the following:
1) focus 4
2) blink
3) dodge big red AoE
4) timewarp
5) finisher

This got me the win and achievement quick.

This. (hiccup)

After about 2 hours (hiccup) of trying mirror images +distortion, mass invis, decoy, mantra of concentration, signet for random procs of aegis, weird assorted dodging/blinking/phase retreating nonsense, the deciding factor to this achieve ended up being time warp.

I didn’t think they’d ever release an achievement I’d hate more than the Not So Secret dive location, but Nowhere to Hide is about as much fun as food poisoning.

Legendary Defender of Casuals

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

I can’t believe it, but after all these failed attempts I managed to get it (ridiculously easy).

Staff Elementalist:
1. Pop Windborne Speed on Air-staff
2. Pop Armor of Earth (while running up to Scarlet)
3. Pop Arcane Shield (almost at Scarlet) <- May be redundant with Armor of Earth
4. Start Stomp
5. Pop Mist Form
6. Get achievement without any problem as she can’t grab you

EDIT: OMG, and now I did it ridiculously easy on my Engineer as well! O_o

Engineer:
1. Pop Elixir B for swiftness (while running up to Scarlet)
2. Pop Elixir U for quickness (at Scarlet)
3. Start stomp
4. Pop Elixir S for invulnerability
5. Done

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU

(edited by Aveneo.2068)

Posted by: Hodori.1068

Hodori.1068

Anyone have a solution on warrior? What skills to use to not get pushed back?

What I did was use the Sword #2 skill to jump to scarlet, popped frenzy which makes the stomp almost instant… she didn’t even get a chance to put the orange bubble on the ground.

Posted by: Moriwenne.3128

Moriwenne.3128

Just a little extra help – whatever you do, don’t get too close to her when you stomp because she interrupts you. This is why the majority of people fails this achievement.

Posted by: Mikal Dynath.6195

Mikal Dynath.6195

Aveneo. Thank you.

Ele, avoid AoE, hit F, immediately hit Mist Form.

Way over 30 attempts. That (hiccup) cut scene is the worst of all time.

Posted by: Sungak Alkandenes.1369

Sungak Alkandenes.1369

I’m guessing that doing this on a Charr has been ramping my difficulty to 11, due to his freaky hit box. He’s a guardian, but that does not appear to matter.

Any suggestions for this particular race, or should I just grab another character? I’m in no hurry (just need two more dailies for the Meta), I’m just poking at it as a challenge now (and possibly a useful skill in WvW).

EDIT to add: I also support the calls above for skipping this second cutscene – if you’re going to give a timed achievement, the average player is going to run through it multiple times (as seen above). Making that run faster is not going to be game breaking, since you’ve already scaled back the end-loot on subsequent visits. And yes, Kasameer’s hiccup thing is starting to grate (even doing this casually). Her reaction on Scarlet was a nice touch though.

“The Meta Game does not stop at the game. Ever.” — Me
I like to view MMOs through the lazy eye of a Systems Admin, and the critical eye of a
Project Manager. You’ve been warned. ;-)

(edited by Sungak Alkandenes.1369)

Posted by: Ilvanor.1986

Ilvanor.1986

Ranger, guardian, mesmer, necromancer, engineer, elementalist, thief, warrior. Tried them all. All have gotten to the leap of finisher and progress stops, resets and starts over. I’ve tried the tricks. I’ve tried it normally. Used foods and skills of all sorts that might help. Always the same result. The jump up animation followed by two minutes of swearing because it is proving impossible.

I am ready to kill Jory myself just to make Kasmeer suffer more.

Edit:
Finally got it and didn’t even have the full timer for a finisher going to do it. I don’t know why. I don’t know how. Ran in, started the finisher, mist form and dead in two seconds, three tops, and got the achievement. This really needs looked at further.

(edited by Ilvanor.1986)

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Elementalist is definitely the easiest profession for this.

1. Take Armor of Earth, Arcane Shield and Mist Form as your utilities.
2. After the cutscene, apply Swiftness to yourself and start running to Scarlet. Dodge through the grenades if you need to, and apply Armor of Earth and Arcane Shield before you reach Scarlet. These two skills will protect you against her initial attacks before the big blowback explosion. (IMPORTANT: Do NOT run and stand directly on Scarlet. The room she’s in has an invisible shield that knocks you back. Stand just outside it to stomp.)
3. Start the stomp, then hit Mist Form. This will make you invulnerable to her big knockback blast.
4. Spike Scarlet GOOD.
5. /dance

Posted by: Saar Bahal.5914

Saar Bahal.5914

As of 12/03 i’m unable to do it, even though i ought to be able to.

1. I close in on Scarlet avoiding the bombs with swiftness and stability (war balanced stance);
2. after the 3 bomb spreads she starts channeling the aoe and I wait for her taser (which – i’m assuming – you can’t avoid since in every video i’ve watched the person dodgerolls right after the stun fades) to come out;
3. spam my dodge key (to the side and not into her), but it doesn’t let me dodge (as in i’m stunned for longer than i should) and i’m knocked back by her AoE;
4. run back in (as you noticed without EVER trying to finish her, or even touching her for that matters) and wait for her AoE and taser again;
5. dodge roll correctly right after the stun ends, avoiding the second knockback;
6. use quickness (war frenzy) immediately after coming out of dodge and spam my finisher key;
7. finisher animation doesn’t even start because the female dog activates her shield (wihout me EVER damaging her or channeling my finisher move).

I’ve only been trying this on my charr warrior (had a few bad runs before understanding the mechanics of the encounter) for she’s the one with the back item, and the last 3 runs have gone exactly like i described.

If I’m missing anything (or you know tricks that still work for warrior) pls let me know, it would bother me to have to give up on the achievement since i never missed any from the living story and i’m kinda OCD about this :P

EDIT: Sorry for text wall and useless post. I just got it.
Unless you have stealth (thief/ranger) or can become invulnerable while stomping (ele/guard?/engi) you have to:
1. get to Scarlet without using your dodge roll;
2. start channeling stomp, then dodge out of it right BEFORE she hits you with taser, because first stun lasts longer than subsequent ones, but dodging stun AND AoE knockback at the same time (double roll if you are unsure whether you made it);
3. cast QUICKNESS and start real stomp, because if you stomp without it she WILL have another taser stun ready BEFORE you finish her. Don’t know if it’s intended or not, still annoying as kitten.

Hope that helped.

(edited by Saar Bahal.5914)

Posted by: Arnath.2319

Arnath.2319

Is this bugged? I am 100% convinced this is bugged, it would not surprise me considering the massive amount of bugs this patch has.

I have been trying for hours, literally hours, and the fact that i cant skip the cutscene is driving me crazy, i have seen it so many times now i hate the good guys as equally as i hate scarlet.

I have followed the guides perfectly, this has to be bugged, has to be.

Edit: i can confirm that this is bugged as off 12/03/14

(edited by Arnath.2319)

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Is this bugged? I am 100% convinced this is bugged, it would not surprise me considering the massive amount of bugs this patch has.

Seems fine to me. You just have to use some form of invulnerability or block. Which class do you play?

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Posted by: Alacrity.4312

Alacrity.4312

after messing about with clone-distortion, invis, decoy, blinking, sideways dodge and other fancy tricks all of which failed, this is what worked for me:

1. Stroll up avoiding circles (even forgot the speedbuff that time)
2. get knocked on my butt from a grenade or something
3. scramble onto my feet into Stomp range
4. Timewarp
5. fini

there, nothing fancier than a quickness boost.

On the plus side, I did get my monthly dungeon achieve in the process.

Posted by: domness.6719

domness.6719

Also, don’t worry if you don’t have any blocks/invulnerability, you can get the achievement absolutely fine without such skill. Just dodge quicker.

[OP] Optimise

Posted by: Cush.4063

Cush.4063

Mist form……..I’ve done it multiple times for myself and guildies.

Posted by: Sankofa Jimiyu.1567

Sankofa Jimiyu.1567

I did this with my Guardian Charr, and clumsily at that:
“Retreat” for a speed boost. Started the stomp and failed the dodge.
Since I got knocked into the left corner, I walked right back and got the stomp in.
My husband was glad because for the better part of an hour or so, he heard the cutscene over and over.
The window to pull this one off is small and with a larger character, mobility is really important to be successful…But it can be done.

“Look like the innocent flower, but be the Obaba under’t.”

Posted by: CrossedHorse.4261

CrossedHorse.4261

On a Necromancer ….

I managed to get this by running straight up to Scarlet, avoiding her grenade attacks, started to stomp then dodged out of it immediately just to one side. I didn’t dodge all the way to the side, just dodge forwards diagonally into the wall, which stops you accidentally dodging into the force field that knocks you back but allows you not to dodge too far away from her. This evaded her massive aoe push back attack.

Then I immediately dropped well of power (?) think it was this one … whichever well grants you 1 sec of stability. This won’t help you against Scarlet’s shield if she gets it up, or her knockback stun attack, but it does stop you being knocked back by the regular grenades she sometimes throws out which knock you down. Drop this well, and start the stomp immediately and there’s actually plenty of time to finish the stomp.

It’s not easy and the timing to get to that point is pretty ridiculous. I’ve managed it twice out of probably 30 tries. But it is still possible.