Those jerks...

Those jerks...

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

Yep, anyone that gets too close, enemy or not, gets shot down.

but you know, they could at least…look before they shoot?

(I was actually stealthed. They shouldn’t have seen me!)

Doesn’t mean they couldn’t hear you. All it took was a misplace step that made noise and they could barrage that area.

As for looking before they shoot, how would they identify which is us which is Scarlet’s minions?

Stealth is supposed to also muffle noise, otherwise it wouldn’t work on dredge.

Those jerks...

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Still have the perfect name. Black raven based tengu. Poe Neffamoor.

He shall be either a thief, mesmer, or necromancer.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Those jerks...

Posted by: Darkbattlemage.9612

Darkbattlemage.9612

Muffled not entirely erase it, as some have pointed out the Tengu appear to be firing blind. They may have trained themselves to have an heightened sense of hearing, or have devise some technological device that detects even the faintest sounds. Also something to consider, this could be a simple game mechanic to keep overly curious players from lingering in the area expecting the Tengu to respond since there seems to be few civilians in the area that need aid.

I’m the Asura Elementalist that stole all your cookies, well except the oatmeal ones.
Chaos always finds a way, who you think Evil learned it from?

Those jerks...

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

Muffled not entirely erase it, as some have pointed out the Tengu appear to be firing blind. They may have trained themselves to have an heightened sense of hearing, or have devise some technological device that detects even the faintest sounds. Also something to consider, this could be a simple game mechanic to keep overly curious players from lingering in the area expecting the Tengu to respond since there seems to be few civilians in the area that need aid.

It’s unlikely that a bird species would have better hearing than one that trades vision for hearing. In fact, birds are supposed to have a superior sense of vision.
I don’t know about their technological advances, but they don’t look like the techy-type to me.

That aside, those Tengu shooting arrows are just there to add flavour to the game, so that people don’t complain about them not doing anything.

Those jerks...

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

I’m pretty sure they can’t hear a muffled noise through a 3 meter thick stone wall. Not to mention with the sounds of explosions, rifle shots, screaming, burning fires and a giant drill in the background.

Conclusion: Tengu are psychic!!

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Those jerks...

Posted by: Darkbattlemage.9612

Darkbattlemage.9612

That aside, those Tengu shooting arrows are just there to add flavour to the game, so that people don’t complain about them not doing anything.

That’s what I meant by it being a game mechanic. It shows the Tengu doing something but I don’t think they intended players to actually approach the wall, but they included the code to attack players just to keep them from either exploiting it to their advantage or lingering at the wall in hopes of finding something that they may not intend to be found just yet, possibly via glitching or other illegal means.

Conclusion: Tengu are psychic!!

Or they do have a spotter who is a mesmer that is simply hiding behind a illusion.

I’m the Asura Elementalist that stole all your cookies, well except the oatmeal ones.
Chaos always finds a way, who you think Evil learned it from?

(edited by Darkbattlemage.9612)

Those jerks...

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Or they do have a spotter who is a mesmer that is simply hiding behind a illusion.

That works too ^^

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Those jerks...

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

Or maybe it’s just a trap and they have hidden pressure sensors connected to arrow carts on top of the wall, anything that walks around (stealthed or not) activates them automatically and gets the 1000 arrows greeting… then they just have to reload them as they fire..

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

Those jerks...

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

I’ve seen this. I was running around LA looking for those heirlooms for the achievement. I wandered near the wall, but not too close because I knew what would happen, and I saw a few dredge run up to the wall and then get destroyed by hundreds of arrows. It was pretty cool.

In addition to the scripted dredge attacks on the gate, you can push other nearby enemies into the barrage and they’ll get killed too. I tested it with one of the molten vets nearby.

Those jerks...

Posted by: Lord Mcintoch.6250

Lord Mcintoch.6250

Perhaps, but the Tengu don’t have awesome watches/time pieces or the world’s best chocolate!

Cough Belgian chocolate cough :p

“Many call me crazy, many are dead now…”

Klaww Ironflame (Desolation)

Those jerks...

Posted by: mjhungness.8059

mjhungness.8059

“Those chickens have a vicious streak a mile wide. They’re killers.”
“Go on, Bors. Go open the gate.”
“Right. Silly little bleeders. One chicken stew coming right up.”
“Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! ……”
“I warned you, but did you listen to me? Oh, no, you knew, didn’t you? Oh, they’re just harmless little chickens, aren’t they?”
“Well, we’ll not risk another frontal assault. Those chickens are dynamite!”

Those jerks...

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Ok, I hadn’t really strongly supported Tengu as the next playable race (though with them sharing a digital skeleton with Charr they’d be comparatively easy to do…), but now I REALLY WANT to play a Tengu Mesmer.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Those jerks...

Posted by: Serval.6458

Serval.6458

I would be greatly amused if they were introduced with a racial skill to call in an arrow barrage like the charr artillery strike.