Was that an satisfying ending? **SPOILERS**

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

I do not want to talk about mechanics or bugs here, since these are another problem.

Anyway: Were you satisfied after you killed Scarlet?

As interesting as the solo instance was at the end, i have to admit: i am not.
The simple reason for that is: We never fought Scarlet directly.

While i was the one who drove his banner into her chest, as her body lay crippled on the ground, i realized that it was not me or us who put her in that state.

Over all the releases we never touched her till the end. We never pealed her armor of, till she was the sad crazy thing on the ground, we find in that instance.

All we did was fighting an hologram of her, while she was playing with her consoles and sometimes jumped around to annoy us.

However we were never able to inflict any kind of damage on her.

On paper the whole thing looks okay:
- a bunch of heroes storms the breachmaker and fights her defense program to get to her
- The heroes overload it and she is wounded and has to retreat inside
- You and the NPCs go in and finish her off…

Something is missing here
Aside from the fact that fighting a giant hologram is the most boring thing i could ever imagine, the ending feels rushed.
After what we had to endure of her at the Queens Pavilion and the Invasions i hoped to finally do some damage to her.
In all these instances where we were able to attack her, we did zero damage and now it happens again.

There is a part missing. A part where I or with a little group go after Scarlet into the Breachmakers interior and smack her about, before she gets down.

It might be just my personal feelings here, however i somehow feel cheated out of my derserved punch in her smuck little face.

Edit: Yes we hack on her back as she limps off the stage, but again there is no personal connection here. Just a group of people booing her off the stage.

Short Version:
Zerging down an hologram for half an hour and then getting Scarlet on a silver platter is not as satisfying as it should be. Interesting cinematics do not help either.

(edited by Jaken.6801)

Posted by: Zoid.2568

Zoid.2568

I was Satisfied, but i did expect a bit more. The fight was good, but it felt weird how she died so easy when you got into the solo instance. We’ll get more lore March 18, we’ll see how it goes then.

Posted by: Fenrina.2954

Fenrina.2954

However we were never able to inflict any kind of damage on her.

That thought occurred to me today after my last round. She’s at around 75% of her hp, but she’s not really in any obvious danger. Her hp isn’t going down or anything like that. I understand we hurt her while she was in the holo, but there doesn’t seem any reason for her to go down instead of recover.

One other little oddity, she’s marked as an ally during the final confrontation. I can understand doing that so people don’t snipe kill her before the cutscene, but she’s still that way afterwards. I don’t know why she doesn’t go red+determined afterwards (ignoring time constraints).

Kinda minor things I suppose, but sometimes it’s those things that can make or break something.

Posted by: zexion.5842

zexion.5842

It is probably not the end of Scarlet. We still don’t know what Scarlet had Mai Trin do.

I wouldn’t put it past Scarlet to devlop some machine that turned Mai Trin into a scarlet clone.

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

It feels like Scarlet planned ahead for absolutely everything…..except for what the story writers were going to do to her. That was one fate she couldn’t change because no matter what kind of character she was, it seemed like there was a pre-determined time for her to get killed off anyways not matter how much story and development was needed/missing. I hate the character, but I hate the way they killed her off even more.

Aside from that, what we discovered at the end of that cutscene was pretty much guessed from a long time ago (And you can’t say “it doesn’t count just because people were saying it was Primordus!”), and while I was hoping that maybe something cooler was going to happen (explaining this for example, why were Steam Creatures part of Scarlet’s Invasion events, since we know they come from an alternate reality/future?),

but, I’m just glad that the Dragons are being put back into focus, (even if it was for one measily cutscene and we get a whole 2nd living world season about Scarlet’s opposite cousin Turquoise that tries to terrorize us while we attempt to guess what the Green salad is up to, even if its possible that we already guessed last year)

Posted by: Avascar.9237

Avascar.9237

It was a bit satisfying, that I’m the one that does the final blow. Although I’m not satisfied because of the answers I got, I wanted answers from her but SOMEBODDEEEYYYY just had to ruin it. Though in the cutscene, she had yellow veins surrounding her face, and looks like something’s happening to her, but then the screen faded to white…

Overall, I don’t exactly think it’s the end of Scarlet, if we need to solve the mysteries of Arc 1 we need to involve Scarlet. I felt there has to be more, there has to be! While it was pretty awesome at first, I played the instance 2-3 more times and interacted with her control panel.

I got the message “The thing she was after… Was the dragon.” Why is she after the dragon? Which dragon? Was she manipulated by the dragon? If A-Net deliberately didn’t give a clear reason why she was after the dragon, then we can all be safe to assume that the dragon was messing with her mind.

But this also raises a big question, when Scarlet saw the Eternal Alchemy, why did she find Mordemoth there? Why is the dragon linked with the Eternal Alchemy? How is it linked? And since she’s so bizarrely smart, why did she fell into such a trap that has the possibility to wake up a kitten dragon!? Was it that she thinks that the Pale Tree and the Elder Dragon needs to have a fight? To make them on equal ground and power? Makes sense if you look at it that way.

TL;DR: No.

Posted by: Hisuichan.7983

Hisuichan.7983

I thought it was satisfying in its own way.

Scarlet is an engineer, not a fighter. Fighting her defenses and breaking her concentration is a battle in and of itself. I got a kick out of how increasingly stressed and snappy she got as the fight wore on, because that was the real victory when you’re fighting a mechanical/social engineer. You overloaded her and she lost. That felt like a very legit kind of defeat; not every fight is physical.

The way she breaks down at the end from having to account for too many factors was, to me, a lot more satisfying a defeat than the finisher banner ever could have been.

(Besides, we did fight her directly in the invasions, and it wasn’t all that satisfying then either because it was 200 versus 1. Absent her becoming the Hulk or taking Elixir X, this was a great way to do it)

Posted by: Mega Messiah.1734

Mega Messiah.1734

I liked it. It’s a war, we were an army, we killed her final weapon.

We injured her while also killing her hologram.

She limps away and hides behind a bubble, collapsing on the floor injured.

We stomp her.

Would’ve only ended better if I could’ve lopped her head off.

And then the setup for the next story arc?
And the potential?
You’re kitten right I enjoyed it.

“73 + 22 = 100!” – Nexus

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

I enjoyed that LS chapter very much. Dragon hype!

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

Posted by: Qaelyn.7612

Qaelyn.7612

Yeah I thought the story was pretty well done. The implementation, well…

Posted by: risa.1382

risa.1382

Killing her was… not engaging. Like really? The death of public enemy #1 is me walking up to her and pressing my activate button? And what happened to the 50 people I was just with? I might not like zerg fights and I was certainly happy to be out of it but that made no sense and killed whatever immersion might have been there.

Pls for more solo challenge.

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

In my opinion, no, it was not satisfying.

I look at it like a TV show.
Sure, if there is a season 2 then there should be a cliffhanger at the end of season 1.
But there also need to be closure as to what happened during season1.

Posted by: CoffeeMakesMeSmile.8172

CoffeeMakesMeSmile.8172

I felt like more of a sidekick to the NPCs than a hero. It’s not like I was their first choice to plant a flag in Scarlet, either. The only reason I got to finish Scarlet was because all of the other NPCs were either injured or busy.

Also, I was annoyed that Braham wouldn’t let Scarlet explain herself. I know it’s cliche for the villain to explain their evil plots, but I was and am still a bit confused.

Posted by: Captain H J Fluffington Jr.9378

Captain H J Fluffington Jr.9378

I thought it was satisfying in its own way.

Scarlet is an engineer, not a fighter. Fighting her defenses and breaking her concentration is a battle in and of itself. I got a kick out of how increasingly stressed and snappy she got as the fight wore on, because that was the real victory when you’re fighting a mechanical/social engineer. You overloaded her and she lost. That felt like a very legit kind of defeat; not every fight is physical.

The way she breaks down at the end from having to account for too many factors was, to me, a lot more satisfying a defeat than the finisher banner ever could have been.

(Besides, we did fight her directly in the invasions, and it wasn’t all that satisfying then either because it was 200 versus 1. Absent her becoming the Hulk or taking Elixir X, this was a great way to do it)

I felt pretty much the same about the last 2 encounters. It wasn’t as obviously visceral as going toe to toe, but this was a thinking man’s victory. I very much liked that, and for those who prefer the old fashion style, well they still got to stake a banner through her gut. Everyone got at least a taste for their preference.

As for finalizing chapter 1, that’s supposedly on the 18th. It’s hard to say whether or not Anet can tie up all of the loose ends in a convincing manner or not, but I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt for the next week and a half. If the why’s aren’t answered then, I’ll join in on the disappointment.

Posted by: Mian.1945

Mian.1945

But this also raises a big question, when Scarlet saw the Eternal Alchemy, why did she find Mordemoth there?

Because the dragons are part of the natural cycle ie Eternal Alchemy

Why is the dragon linked with the Eternal Alchemy? How is it linked? And since she’s so bizarrely smart, why did she fell into such a trap that has the possibility to wake up a kitten dragon!?

Things Man (Sylvari) Was Not Meant To Know. She looked into every aspect of the EA and the Nightmare as well, made her susceptible. Most Sylvari might be insulated from the dragon’s influence by the Pale Tree.

Was it that she thinks that the Pale Tree and the Elder Dragon needs to have a fight? To make them on equal ground and power? Makes sense if you look at it that way.

TL;DR: No.

Many reasonable explanations, albeit only one canon pathway the devs have in mind and we’re not quite sure which one they intended.

Posted by: XanBie.3675

XanBie.3675

Psst the ending is on the 18th (epilogue)

Posted by: Dakota.4591

Dakota.4591

Was disappointed in how Destiny’s Edge 2.0 was wrapped up.

Kasmeer’s hiccuping really took away from any tension leading up to the final fight and the relief afterwards, and that last kiss between her and Marjory just was really goofy with the way it was rendered. Rox and Brahm was a lot of buildup that really went nowhere. And Taimi was forgotten, I guess that the disabled aren’t allowed to be heroes even when they have a big golem to ride in.

Posted by: Fenrina.2954

Fenrina.2954

Now that I think about it, the whole spinal blade path could have had a direct fight with scarlet, no holos or anything. After she goes down, the 4 allies could catch up and have scarlet start round 2 as downed for the achievement.

What could have been.

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

We got to fight her during the Jubilee. That was a more satisfying fight than this.

Posted by: Cuddy.6247

Cuddy.6247

I also expected a bit more but I was satisfied with the ending. It left me with plenty of questions about the Sylvari and Caithe that can definitely be an asset to future storytelling. In regards to the fight, I don’t find it that surprising. We can fight her hologram and that’s good enough for me.

Kasmeer’s hiccuping really took away from any tension leading up to the final fight and the relief afterwards, and that last kiss between her and Marjory just was really goofy with the way it was rendered.

I agree the kiss was goofy, but I think the hiccuping had its own special little place in my heart anyway.

She hiccups when she’s nervous and she is definitely nervous at this point yet, when Scarlet’s trap is set off, she’s the one hero that goes with you to finish it all.

Posted by: BatsLoveCaves.5768

BatsLoveCaves.5768

I was unsatisfied simply because the ending to the story didn’t clear anything up about Scarlet, nor vindicated this horribly written story in any way.

When Scarlet offered to explain her motives, I actually wanted her to proceed, but Braham was like “NO!”

I wanted to punch him…

And now Scarlet’s dead, and she CAN’T explain herself, and therefore will go down as the worst written character in Guild Wars history.

As for the mechanics, yes, it was highly anticlimactic… So it was really unsatisfying in every way possible.

Posted by: Solus.3926

Solus.3926

once again, we were not the Hero, just another ‘Lacky’ … sure, we got to put in the finishing blow, but I still felt a wee kitteneated by that stupid, err, unthoughtful, Norn.

I think ANet did a really great job on the cut scene sequence.

I am the menace. The one whose will is done. The haunting chill upon your neck. I am the Conundrum.

Posted by: Cuddy.6247

Cuddy.6247

I agree that they did a good job. I also feel like having Braham cut her short seemed like a nice break from the stereotypical villain tropes. I think a lot of questions, at least the ones regarding Scarlet, will be answered in the Epilogue. Mai Trin, Caithe, and other questions are just doors to further LS arcs. It’s just one LS, it’s the end of Scarlet’s part in it. That’s really all there is to that.

Posted by: Dakota.4591

Dakota.4591

I agree the kiss was goofy, but I think the hiccuping had its own special little place in my heart anyway.

She hiccups when she’s nervous and she is definitely nervous at this point yet, when Scarlet’s trap is set off, she’s the one hero that goes with you to finish it all.

I understand the in-story reason for it, just saying that it detracted from the tension of the event.

I was unsatisfied simply because the ending to the story didn’t clear anything up about Scarlet, nor vindicated this horribly written story in any way.

When Scarlet offered to explain her motives, I actually wanted her to proceed, but Braham was like “NO!”

I wanted to punch him…

And now Scarlet’s dead, and she CAN’T explain herself, and therefore will go down as the worst written character in Guild Wars history.

As for the mechanics, yes, it was highly anticlimactic… So it was really unsatisfying in every way possible.

This this this.

Pretty much I chalk it up to Scarlet being such a poorly-written character right from the start, that when it came time for the writers to wrap it up, even they realized they couldn’t redeem her as a worthwile villain and said ‘kitten it, just stomp her.’

Posted by: Gaz.1320

Gaz.1320

I pretty much have to agree with most others here, although I think there are only 2 questions I have.

1.I really want to know if Scarlet was trying to stop the dragon, purposely awaken it, or tricked into thinking she was stopping it but actually awakening it?

2. What exactly does/did scarlet offer the alliances that keeps them from backing out of their deals and fighting to the death for her?

Posted by: Sera.6539

Sera.6539

I pretty much have to agree with most others here, although I think there are only 2 questions I have.

1.I really want to know if Scarlet was trying to stop the dragon, purposely awaken it, or tricked into thinking she was stopping it but actually awakening it?

2. What exactly does/did scarlet offer the alliances that keeps them from backing out of their deals and fighting to the death for her?

1. It’s possible we’ll find out with the epilogue on the 18th.

2. I don’t remember which group it was, but I remember Scarlet saying something about threatening a group with death if they didn’t comply.

-Flame Legion / Dredge – Forget exactly, but anger against the Charr and Norn could have been it. Also retake some land.
-Aetherblades – Technology (?)
-Krait – Were promised their prophet. They believed http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Champion_Toxic_Hybrid to be the incarnation. They’re also incredibly xenophobic.
-Nightmare Court – Just like being evil I guess.

Really, most were probably operating under the idea of using each other to gain what they wanted, so they worked together. Scarlet essentially got them to work for her by getting them to use each other.

Gelda Nebilim – Nagare [NGE] – Crystal Desert
http://youtube.com/user/Royblazer

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I was disappointed that she actually dies but if she was going to die I found it an appropriate end and liked it overall. I did want to hear her explanation but I’m sure that’ll come next LS.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

Killing someone who is actually already on her knees.
With a group of five.

Heroic as f.

Posted by: MakubeC.3026

MakubeC.3026

I’m not mad, I’m just:

a. What happened to Canach? Where was he during the attack?
b. What was the deal with Mai Trin? Did she even do something?
c. Why was a Dragon near the Eternal Alchemy?
c. What’s Caithe’s secret?
d. Why did Scarlet ONLY wanted to TAP on the leylines?
e. Why wasn’t the final personal battle a little bit harder? Like, a stronger forceshield.
f. Why is Braham such a troll? (He WAS my favorite character.)
g. What was the marionette test for? She tested us, then did nothing.
h. It was implied that Kasmeer got poisoned in the Tower, yet it was never brought back.
i. Who was building and controlling the Watchknights? Her supply wasn’t infinite and it was stated that they were controlled machines, not robots.
j. Why was Scarlet in the Thaumanova and how is she vinculated to the Fractals?
k. How does Southsun links in with all of this?
m. Where were the the now reunited Destiny’s Edge?

To my understanding all of these question had to be answered by now. And yet, they all remain the same. So yeah, I’m kind of, you know, feeling bad.

Posted by: Hisuichan.7983

Hisuichan.7983

I’m not mad, I’m just:

a. What happened to Canach? Where was he during the attack?
b. What was the deal with Mai Trin? Did she even do something?
c. Why was a Dragon near the Eternal Alchemy?
c. What’s Caithe’s secret?
d. Why did Scarlet ONLY wanted to TAP on the leylines?
e. Why wasn’t the final personal battle a little bit harder? Like, a stronger forceshield.
f. Why is Braham such a troll? (He WAS my favorite character.)
g. What was the marionette test for? She tested us, then did nothing.
h. It was implied that Kasmeer got poisoned in the Tower, yet it was never brought back.
i. Who was building and controlling the Watchknights? Her supply wasn’t infinite and it was stated that they were controlled machines, not robots.
j. Why was Scarlet in the Thaumanova and how is she vinculated to the Fractals?
k. How does Southsun links in with all of this?
m. Where were the the now reunited Destiny’s Edge?

To my understanding all of these question had to be answered by now. And yet, they all remain the same. So yeah, I’m kind of, you know, feeling bad.

Mm, I can’t answer all of these, but what I think is…

a) In the escape, Canach was in the cell at LA until shortly before the miasma timeout. Ellen escorts him and the sheriff out in the airship as she escapes with Magnus. I’ve heard, but not verified, that he is still in a cell but at Vigil Keep now. I was hoping he’d be the Snake Pliskin for the event, but that turned out to be Magnus.

My suspicion is that he’ll be relevant during Season 2, if he’s planned to be relevant at all. Sylvari in general might be important considering Mordey, but he, Caithe, and Faolain are the most recognizable Sylvari to be important. Plus he has the nature/poison training that might be relevant for dealing with the next dragon if those end up being its specialties. Eco-terrorist turned eco-hero?

b) Mai was freed to run the Aetherblades in Eye of the Mist. Arguably this helped further lock down Asura Gate/Mist Warrior support from the other cities/races. She’s still there and her dialogue updated to reflect that she’d still continue the raids there even without Scarlet.

c2) I have my suspicions. It’s kind of a longshot, but:
She might have known something about Mordy's nap or Sylvari origins that she hasn't shared with others because status quo. Scarlet would've known about that too, so it's a big and surprising common ground they could have. I'm hoping she's important in Season 2.

e) I actually would’ve liked a tougher solo fight too. I know she was injured pretty badly, though, so I cut it some slack. Would’ve been a lot more epic if Kasmeer and you had a more uphill battle so you could hear all those cool quotes/taunting they worked in. My first time I broke her shield without even realizing how.

f) Braham was kinda being in character to be honest. He’s very simple and straightforward; big pictures and planning don’t seem like his thing. That fight boiled down to “we won, you lost, why you tried doesn’t matter because you failed and this is over.” Except it wasn’t.

g) I would’ve liked to see the marionette involved in the attack, but she was really testing the laser weapons she used, not the mecha who supported it. She certainly did use that to wreck LA.

h) I think I actually missed this. Curious how it was implied, though!

k) I don’t think Southsun linked up any more than Mad King Thorn did, but I might be wrong. It was an unrelated, interesting event that expanded the world outside of Scarlet’s machinations. I might be wrong.

That’s all the stuff I can answer for sure. I think the Thaumanova fractal was just an early investigation Scarlet made into leylines along with the Inquest. So it laid the foundation for how she knew to look for their leylines to begin with.

(edited by Hisuichan.7983)

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

I wanted to fight Scarlet the way I did back at Queen’s Jubilee.

However, I see a problem with the player characters being the one who killed Scarlet. I don’t think ArenaNet should’ve done that.

Our character, if anything, should’ve been with a group of people that can claim they finished off Scarlet.

It would’ve felt stupid if you could walk around claiming to be the one who killed the Lich King back in World of Warcraft.

Posted by: Lighthammer.3280

Lighthammer.3280

One of the worst ending I’ve experienced in video game. No real scarlet fight, just some lame holograms that are kittening static aoe turrets. Once done, you go in and curb stomp scarlet. Wow. Oh yeah, too much unnecessary cheese and emo bullkitten in the last cutscene. Seriously, story was written like 12yo. On top of that, now they dragged dragons into LS. Say goodbye to good content. Only thing that could save the game was a decent expansion with decent story with decent content and new dragon(s). Now the whole awesome dragon stuff will be zaithaned and LSes just so they can sell more gems.

(edited by Lighthammer.3280)

Posted by: drowze.3709

drowze.3709

I wasn’t satisfied with this ending. The fight with the hologram was fun though.
But walking up to someone who is already down and staking her to death, leaves a bad taste in my mouth, personally.

I liked the Guild Wars Beyond chapter in Cantha (WoC), where we as ‘heroes’ get confronted with the reality that we also rob people from their lives and question if “in the name of justice” is enough to justify all our deeds.

I just felt that Ceara, who became the corrupted Scarlet, is also a victim in this and at least we as ‘heroes’ should have considered maybe thinking of a possible way to cure her from it, and maybe learn more about the threat that’s now upon us.

Yeah, my main character is in the Priori, so I don’t always like the “shoot first, ask questions later” approach^^

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

For me personally, no, but I did it in a weird fashion.

1. I entered the final confrontation before beating the Hologram encounter. This was on the first or second day where everything was still terribly buggy.

I was a bit perplexed about the whole situation because I did not know how we ended up there. And “only” having to stomp Scarlet wasn’t all that satisfying.

2. I then when for the quick-finisher achievement which turned out to be very frustrating and forced me to watch the unskipable cutscenes over and over again. To me the mechanics of this achievement are still totally random and illogical as my Warrior couldn’t do it, but my Thief had no problems.

3. Overall the experience was too zergy. I would have thought Scarlet deserves her own 5 man content. All this boss zerging, overflows, achievement hunting etc. really distracts from the core experience and makes thing frustrating that aren’t or shouldn’t be.

Posted by: MakubeC.3026

MakubeC.3026

Mm, I can’t answer all of these, but what I think is…

a) In the escape, Canach was in the cell at LA until shortly before the miasma timeout. Ellen escorts him and the sheriff out in the airship as she escapes with Magnus. I’ve heard, but not verified, that he is still in a cell but at Vigil Keep now. I was hoping he’d be the Snake Pliskin for the event, but that turned out to be Magnus.

My suspicion is that he’ll be relevant during Season 2, if he’s planned to be relevant at all. Sylvari in general might be important considering Mordey, but he, Caithe, and Faolain are the most recognizable Sylvari to be important. Plus he has the nature/poison training that might be relevant for dealing with the next dragon if those end up being its specialties. Eco-terrorist turned eco-hero?

b) Mai was freed to run the Aetherblades in Eye of the Mist. Arguably this helped further lock down Asura Gate/Mist Warrior support from the other cities/races. She’s still there and her dialogue updated to reflect that she’d still continue the raids there even without Scarlet.

c2) I have my suspicions. It’s kind of a longshot, but:
She might have known something about Mordy's nap or Sylvari origins that she hasn't shared with others because status quo. Scarlet would've known about that too, so it's a big and surprising common ground they could have. I'm hoping she's important in Season 2.

e) I actually would’ve liked a tougher solo fight too. I know she was injured pretty badly, though, so I cut it some slack. Would’ve been a lot more epic if Kasmeer and you had a more uphill battle so you could hear all those cool quotes/taunting they worked in. My first time I broke her shield without even realizing how.

f) Braham was kinda being in character to be honest. He’s very simple and straightforward; big pictures and planning don’t seem like his thing. That fight boiled down to “we won, you lost, why you tried doesn’t matter because you failed and this is over.” Except it wasn’t.

g) I would’ve liked to see the marionette involved in the attack, but she was really testing the laser weapons she used, not the mecha who supported it. She certainly did use that to wreck LA.

h) I think I actually missed this. Curious how it was implied, though!

k) I don’t think Southsun linked up any more than Mad King Thorn did, but I might be wrong. It was an unrelated, interesting event that expanded the world outside of Scarlet’s machinations. I might be wrong.

That’s all the stuff I can answer for sure. I think the Thaumanova fractal was just an early investigation Scarlet made into leylines along with the Inquest. So it laid the foundation for how she knew to look for their leylines to begin with.

a. Seems like I missed this particular event. I never even heard of Canach during the Escape.
b. " Arguably this helped further lock down Asura Gate/Mist Warrior support from the other cities/races. " Where was this implied? Also, seems like I’m missing out, because I don’t even know where Mai is right now.
f. Haha, I know, it was funny/rage-worthy. But yeah…he being in character doesn’t aliviates the problem of the lack of explanation.

As for point C and K, we all have theories, some more intrincated than others. But it was time for those theories to be proven right or wrong. We can’t live on theories alone (or at least shouldn’t). I think Anet has to address these questions and it seems like they keep avoiding them and giving them a long shot…

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

I did get to stomp her – so yes.
I would have preferred if i got to chop her into bits or tear her apart. The stomp thing is sort of underwhelming.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Posted by: Stephen.6312

Stephen.6312

I agree that the reason why Ceara saw Mordremoth and not any of the other Elder Dragon’s whilst viewing the Eternal Alchemy is very vague. For me, it was a less-than-satisfying reveal.

Posted by: SlothBear.9846

SlothBear.9846

Came about six months too late. She should have been eaten by krait when she tried to make them form an alliance with anything ages ago. Hearing two NPC krait talk about how that dumb plant didn’t taste good would have been very satisfying.

This? Meh, if its the end of Scarlet I’m not going to complain but to call it satisfying is a major stretch. It’s like finally finishing the cleanup after a sanitation accident. It’s nice that it’s over but hardly a satisfying experience.

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I thought the final battle was quite satisfying personally. It was actually a FUN battle with mechanics that require skill but don’t make you want to smash your face against your desk in frustration, which is huge. And it seemed pretty large and exciting to me as well. Giant hologram firing massive laser blasts, split holograms throwing different attacks everywhere (especially if you fail to kill them at the same time and end up with hoardes of minis), seemed pretty cool to me. I thought it felt very fitting for a final battle.

Also, hearing Scarlet finally break down and admit that she couldn’t account for everything when she does go down during the hologram fight was nice, since prior it was just “teehee I’m amazing at everything”.

The only part I wasn’t really crazy about was the instance at the very end. I don’t like being “the one” to kill Scarlet, would have preferred if she just died at the end of the hologram battle to some big explosion or something (perhaps she could have died in the energy blast when the drill hit the core). But I know a lot of people do enjoy that feeling of being the hero, so I guess its more for them and that’s fine.

Well, some of the achievements were a bit annoying as well. The laser and attunement ones, specifically. Having such a long battle and requiring you to not make a single mistake is frustrating and leads to people just doing the bare minimum then just camping out so they won’t mess up.

But yah, overall I think this was a pretty good conclusion personally.

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

The only thing which annoyed me was that dumb oaf Braham going all “doesn’t matter now” when Scarlet wanted to explain why she did what she did.

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU

Posted by: Clerical.3457

Clerical.3457

Was actually hoping for a final battle against scarlet (not her holo). Didn’t hafta be some grand final battle,but at least a decent personal fight with her like what we had during her debut in queen’s gauntlet/clockwork chaos where you actually fight scarlet herself.

Distinction in Applied Lagging

Posted by: lorddavito.2395

lorddavito.2395

She’s a plant, she’ll just regrow or have tiny little plants elsewhere already

-Sâmbuca

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Yes and No.

Yes: LA was trashed in an epic fashion and we’ve spent the better part of a month fighting Scarlet’s minions and saving the city’s citizens. Despite the bugs, the Assault Knights are pretty awesome as a zone-wide event, leading to a fun holo fight in the Breachmaker. And ultimately, though we prevail over Scarlet (which is satisfying), we are left with a cinematic of impending dragon. So we got that going for us. Which is nice.

No: I’d have liked way more answers. In the past, Scarlet has been incredibly clever & slippery, so I get why Braham shut her up. But I can’t tell you the anxious hope I felt when Scarlet said “don’t you want to know why” and the utter disappointment when Braham said no. It’s a video game. And we’ve been dealing with this mysterious LS for over a year. I think we’d have been ok indulging Scarlet in 1 last monologue before ending her. I’d have preferred me not stomping her but rather having to get to some control box to overload her personal shield and incapacitate her. Then Rox could grip her by the throat and squeeze some answers out of her before I say something clever that leads to her ultimate death.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Posted by: Dafomen.7892

Dafomen.7892

Certainly much more satisfying then fighting Zaithan….but you can’t make something worse, what was already hitting rock bottom.

What really sours the experience for me is the “it doesn’t matter” answer from braham, when Scarlet is about to spill the beans.

That was just a facepalm and so storywise it doesnt make much sense, why we did what we did and why Scarelt did what she did, why she wanted to tell us, why she didn’t tell us the whole time and why we didn’t ask or listen to her.

To construct a deathstar to dig a hole to wake up a dragon which where supposed to be awaken by big daddy anyway and now there are not, but Scralet had a dream or was controlled by…a dragon? Awww….who cares.

Anet botherd more to show us the lesbians hug and kiss than to tell the main story.
Probably it was all about those two cuddlefishs the whole time….

I completely gave up on hoping to find some kind of interesting plot in GW2.

I have to say, for a climax, this LS part does what most previous LS parts did….heres a boss, go kill him, heres your (useless) ultimate-extreme-supermega bagpack with…crap in it.

Lore? Haha, but here….look at those hotties doing snusnu…

/shrugs

This won’t end well…

(edited by Dafomen.7892)

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

Yes it was satisfying.
Kasmeer tried to be helpful, even goading Scarlet.
I managed to put a stick straight into that pain in the asparagus.
My armies..fellow zerglings crushed her toys, broke her holograms, and had her pull back weakened and angry.

No more taunting, no more giggling, no more “ta ta for now”, and no more exit portals for her as I clean up the mess she’s made.
She’s dead, finally, and with that the beginning of a Dragon awakening comes forth.

Pretty satisfying if you ask me, though I will go to Cragstead and SLAP Broham for interrupting Scarlet’s possible explanation. For all I know though she was stalling for time, who knows what she could have gained if she were alive and the drill hit the energy.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

As long as that invasive weed stays dead, then yes. It was satisfying enough.

I noticed quite a few complaints about Braham’s reply to whether they were curious or not about why she did it.

Well…

1: Wasn’t that the point of the Origins of Madness patch? We got into her secret lab under the Priory to find some indication of what her goal was, and while it never stated exactly what she was trying to do, we at least got an idea on her next step and an inkling of things to come.

2: Whatever her reason for it was, it was not going to be good enough to justify what she did to get to this point. Forming alliances that make little to no sense when you consider the lore/personalities behind the factions involved, antagonizing most of Tyria in the process of doing so, and taking up time and effort better spent on new zones, better stories, and tying up some loose ends from the first Guild Wars.

3: She’s a slippery one who like to just teleport away when things aren’t going her way. Surprisingly she didn’t do it this time, perhaps because she didn’t expect to lose this time. Or she couldn’t.

Still, her asking them about being curious about was clearly a ploy to buy time for the drill to finish, regardless of whether she would’ve told us the truth or spun up some elaborate story. (Given how she tricked all the alliances into being her puppets, it would’ve probably been the latter anyway.)

4: Braham was right anyway. Doesn’t matter now with her dead. Would’ve been funnier if he had just cut her off mid sentence and smashed hr face in with his mace.

“Arent you even curious why I di-”

“No.”

(Braham rushes Scarlet and grabs her in a neck lift)

“Wha-”

“Scarlet’s face, meet my mace.”

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Scarlet’s explanation: “I’m ending the madness, soon that voice in my head will shut up and I can finally be free to destroy it!”

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Posted by: Oulov.7913

Oulov.7913

Dissatisfying, but I still agree with Dafomen that it was more satisfying than fighting Zhaitan lol. I knew it had to end like this, with all those brainless, bloodthirsty tyrians yelling “I wanna kill her!” and braham’s reaction, though pointless and irritating, just shows exactly how our community responded to this villain.

I was infuriated to hear braham’s saying such a stupid thing while my character remained idle. At the same time, I understand that only a norn could be kittened enough to say this.
Here we got yet another example of a key moment in a story when my character has nothing to say….. Maybe I’d like to save Scarlet? Maybe I’d like to join her? Maybe I’d like to hear what she has to say and then face-stomp her? Maybe I’d like to take her to jail so that she sees what she did? But no….. I must rush forward and stomp her like a brainless remotely controlled robot.

gg

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

Spiking Scarlett and knowing (ok, hoping) that we never see or hear of her again is satisfying.

Her termination marks the end of bad writing (again, I hope).

SBI

Posted by: SlothBear.9846

SlothBear.9846

Braham shutting her up was the best part of it. I was all prepared to go afk while she prattled on for half an hour about how she was totally the smartest and prettiest at everything and was really the good guy all along. Thank god someone shut that up. Barahm is my buddy now, soon as we do something about his hair.